[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any one played d&d, or any other roleplay games for that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: header.jpg (42KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
42KB, 460x215px
Any one played d&d, or any other roleplay games for that matter, through tabletop simulator? Was it fun? Any suggestions?
>>
Its fine but needlessly complicated. Just use Roll20
>>
>>50156153
It makes playing certain simpler games far more enjoyable with internet friends, such as simple card games like Boss Monster. Anything with loads of tokens or complex rolling rules is very not to recommend.

Things that I've done that worked well: Boss Monster, card games like poker.

Things that worked decent: Eldritch Horror

Things that worked poorly: Shadowrun, Android: Netrunner, most other TCG/CCGs.
>>
So long as everyone is familiar with the program and has a comp that can handle it.

Though like this guy said
>>50156258
Complexity and this program don't always work well together.

There's not enough minis for dnd in my opinion.
>>
IMO Tabletop Sim isn't worth it for RPG's. Board games? Hell yes, but for an RPG I tend to stick to a text client with roll20 for maps if I really need them.
>>
File: Best Girl Adventures 1.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Best Girl Adventures 1.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>50156153
It's the best thing that ever happened to my group. It's more immersive than Roll20 and is waaay better at keeping people focused. The only downside is that you can't really have character sheets in Tabletop Simulator unless you use the tablets. I'd recommend keeping all the paperwork outside of it, like using mythweavers and/or google drive.

>>50158543
You can just add you own minis if you can model them and if you can't you can use the custom figurines instead. Just find a good picture and slap it onto the figurine and you're good to go.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.