[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A whole continent that was taken by some bumble-fuck-magic-bullshit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: Forgotten Ruins.jpg (353KB, 1280x708px) Image search: [Google]
Forgotten Ruins.jpg
353KB, 1280x708px
A whole continent that was taken by some bumble-fuck-magic-bullshit centuries and centuries ago has now returned to the world, what is wrong with it? What have the inhabitants evolved or de-evolved into?
>>
File: 11868815365540.jpg (146KB, 1000x939px) Image search: [Google]
11868815365540.jpg
146KB, 1000x939px
Stranded in a world that was no longer hospitable to them, with no help from outside? They did whatever it took to survive.

Anything.
>>
>>50156039
help me out, I'm just lacking ideas, I've got stuff like new strange cults and religions but I need something meaty and really catching
>>
>>50156156
they where transported to a world where magic runs rampant everywhere and it transformed their bodies. They can't see, taste, feel or hear as we do, but they can feel and manipulate the magical energies that flow in our world
>>
>>50155778
First question should be where was it?
I can imagine quite a few different things, depending on whether it was stranded in hell, heaven, realm of life, the shadow, or whathaveyou.
>>
>>50156183
>>50156156

imagine magic like a web enveloping everything, they can feel the changes on this web and "pull the strings" to change the physical world. Also they have a lot of fingers and big hands, the most powerfull among them are called "weavers" and they are like priests to some dark gods
>>
>>50156183
>>50156199

These are perfect, thank you kindly.

>>50156196
My idea was a world with no sun, or a world of just demonic bullshittery.
>>
File: Ethereal.jpg (104KB, 525x700px) Image search: [Google]
Ethereal.jpg
104KB, 525x700px
>>50156183
As in, they're now Magical beings?
I'd say go full mana junkie with them. The world they've rejoined feels like a shallow hollow shell, intermittently sprinkled with mystical energies.
They disregard everything mundane, and hunt down fonts of magical power where they can finally feel alive.
They don't even really notice the non-magical reality, think perception filter. They are attraced to Magic users though, who they can see normally.

Some want to "fix" themselves.
Some want to "fix" reality and make it more Magical.
Some want to consume all the Magic they can find to fill the hole inside them.
>>
>>50156225
nice glad it helps
>>
>>50156225
Well, building off of the idea that they basically got sent to the well of all magic, I'd imagine that could influence things greatly. Perhaps the rampant energy infused a lot of objects sent with magic as well.

Upon their return, this could result in the continent being airborne when it comes back, ore transmitting into rare types with mystical properties, things like that.

After all, why would only people be effected?
>>
>>50156243
sometihng like that. Also they get more powerfull in places where magical energies are stronger
>>
>>50156284
also this, and it would be great if physics in the continend worked in a very different way as they do in the rest of the world. Sometimes you feel like you are walking in a direction but you are going the oposite way, or distance doesn't work like we understand it, let's say you walked 2 days to get to a place, but then you only walk 5 minutes to get to the place where you started or things like that. Temperature might shift in some places, others might have strong magnetic fields, in others, gravity would be different or oyu will suddenly be upside down, other places might not have air at all and you might be able to walk through some objects that look solid. Also plants are sentient. IDK it's quite interesting, you can go wild with this continent
>>
>>50156365
I could even see it as being the entire origin for magic in the setting, if you have it take place decently long ago.

Like, it's typical low fantasy not!europe, then a big chunk of land vanishes, only to return a century later with wizards, monsters, and other bizarre things
>>
>>50156725
that sounds great for me
>>
They got sent to a world where animism was a thing. Every rock, tree, stream, and fire etc had a living spirit to it. They learned to commune with these spirits and bind them to their will, but it doing so it slowly changes them as they take on aspects of those spirits. Spirits can be passed down through families, or adventurous chaps can go out to where there are wild spirits on the frontier and try to bind new ones. The nobles and rulers are the guys who are strong magically speaking ( because of selective breeding pressure where the strongarray the strong) who's ancestors bound great spirits, like volcanoes and shit.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.