[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone else actually anyone Games were you play level one

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (55KB, 308x478px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55KB, 308x478px
Does anyone else actually anyone Games were you play level one peasants killing rats with a pointy stick.

For some reason I always found it more epic than being some at the mythic hero killed dragons with some magic sword.
>>
>>50154512
In a Skulls and Shackles game I captured four dire rats and stuffed them in a barrel, then war trained them. Still waiting for the opportunity to use them.
>>
File: dungeon_crawling_by_jeh_artist.jpg (171KB, 600x765px) Image search: [Google]
dungeon_crawling_by_jeh_artist.jpg
171KB, 600x765px
>>50154512

Yeah, I feel you. IMO, any character that gets to high level should feel like he earned it by survivng.
Go check out the OSR thread, my man. There are likeminded folks there.
>>
File: 1477883923601.png (332KB, 1277x2069px) Image search: [Google]
1477883923601.png
332KB, 1277x2069px
>>
>>50155189

How does this even work, mathematically? Normal rats wouldn''t be able to wipe out a town: were they giant rats or dire rats?
>>
>>50154512

I once had a player summon a bunch of house cats and loose them on a sleeping village just for kicks.

House cats being statistical superior to villagers they wiped that village off the face of the earth.

it was meta as hell but we let it slide because it was funny.

Next campaign the party came acoss a small in tormented by horrible apparitions that were normally heralded by a small cat meowing.
they were scared shitless, it was a great session. I've hit them conditioned now to freak out whenever i make the sound of a cat meowing.

when they asked where the cat had come from I told them one of those cats from the village had eaten enough villagers to gain a level, it had then eaten the other cats and started preying on goblins. it eventually gained levels in sorcerer and obtained immortality and sentience.

Now it travels the world inflicting pain on any who won't feed it.
>>
>>50157247
Naah, commoners are just really shit in plenty of editions.
>>
>>50154512
Currently running an intensely difficult, caravan-based desert survival campaign. So far the dealiest foes the PC's nearly died to are: ambushing, crazed bandits.. And the sheer elements of the desert itself.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.