[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, how do I run a cool game in Not-Jamaica? I honestly just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: Mountains_Loop_01_Start.jpg (104KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Mountains_Loop_01_Start.jpg
104KB, 1920x1080px
So, how do I run a cool game in Not-Jamaica?
I honestly just want to use my bombin' Jamaican accent for all the NPCs, but yeah, I'd like to hear some cool ideas for some tings they might find.
>>
>>50150655
>I honestly just want to use my bombin' Jamaican accent for all the NPCs
to be honest using 'this thing seems kind of cool' as the basis for a campaign tends to lead to campaigns which die really quickly
>>
Zombies. Lots and lots of zombies. Jamaica is one of those places where a lot of stuff got mashed together and we ended up with Voodoo. Works better in games without a lot of magic, because in most high-magic games, zombies are a fucking joke.

Disease. Emphasize that if they are white they will probably die. The Caribbean is a nice place nowadays, relatively speaking, but once upon a time it was where you sent people you hated because you wanted to give them a post that would probably kill them. Works better in a game without modern medicine obviously.

Crime and grinding poverty. Ten years ago, the per capita murder rate was damn near 6 per 100,000. That means that about 1 in 20k people in Jamaica got murdered. Also, other crimes, such as drug trafficking and sexual assault, and the overall police corruption and ineffectiveness that lets this state of affairs continue. Obviously these are modern numbers, not sure how this would work for historical games set in, say, age of piracy.

Plantations. In a modern game, they're old, abandoned, and spooky. In a more historical game, they're a breeding ground of disease and slave resentment.

Rough terrain. The mountains are lush and beautiful. Tracking a spy/escaped inmate/runaway slave through that sure would suck, wouldn't it.
>>
File: headhunter[1].gif (16KB, 166x161px) Image search: [Google]
headhunter[1].gif
16KB, 166x161px
>>50150655

Make each and every person talk like this guy.

It will definitely be gr8.
>>
>>50150655
Bump for OP because they didn't fuck everything up and double negative by saying not!Jamacia
>>
Warcraft troll related stuff is pretty much all Not-Jamaica. Kinda like >>50154571 said.
>>
Give it a colonial/New frontier kinda feel
>>
A real bumbaclot wizard done left his magic book in the yard and now some battyboy done used it to get up to mischief.
>>
File: mob-psycho-100-07-16-reigen.jpg (110KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
mob-psycho-100-07-16-reigen.jpg
110KB, 1280x720px
The witch doctor doesn't actually know magic and solves all his problems using the party. All his clients are lied to and have their problems resolved with other unconventional methods.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.