[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone tell me the difference between wisdom and intelligence?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 269
Thread images: 31

File: chocolate.jpg (289KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
chocolate.jpg
289KB, 720x720px
Can someone tell me the difference between wisdom and intelligence? I still don't quite get it. How can you be wise but non-intelligent or vice-versa?
Any examples?
>>
>>50139133
Int is STEM
Wis is Humanities
>>
>>50139133
Int is book learnin'. Wis is street smarts.
>>
>>50139133
Intelligence is knowing how to make mustard gas in your house, Wisdom is realizing that would be a bad idea.
>>
Don't look for reason in game mechanics. Especially not with D&D.
>>
>>50139157

I think you mean Wis is the inverse of Humanities
>>
>>50139133
Wis is your ability to observe and pay attention.
Int is your ability to retain knowledge.
>>
File: smug Mari.gif (370KB, 500x465px) Image search: [Google]
smug Mari.gif
370KB, 500x465px
>>50139157
>Wis
>Humanities
>>
>>50139133
Ever heard about people being "book dumb, street smart"? That's what low Int, high Wis is.
>>
>>50139157

I second. Some of the thickest people I know are also the smartest.
>>
File: goldblum.jpg (23KB, 620x337px) Image search: [Google]
goldblum.jpg
23KB, 620x337px
>>50139133
"Could I?" - Int
"Should I?" - Wis
>>
>>50139171
I don't, actually. It's just curiosity, and I want to see what does /tg/ thinks of this.
>>
>>50139133

The old hobo who has learned a lot about life has a high Wisdom. He's the one who talks about lessons he's learned, through broken, nicotine stained teeth. He doesn't always have the right grammar, but what he says makes sense.
>>
>>50139216
/thread
>>
Sooo... int is culture and wis is common sense?
>>
>>50139254
>Le wise hobo meme
I guess you must live in some very secluded greenhouse your parents are keeping you in if you are capable of using this meme
>>
Intelligence is mental capability and processing. It's the ability to build great machines and solve math problems.

Wisdom is the "having good ideas" stat. A character with high int is more trouble then he's worth if he can't put his skill to a practical use.
>>
>>50139133
INT tells you how to do things.
WIS tells you if you should.
High INT low WIS = mad scientist
High WIS low INT = Forrest Gump
>>
>>50139133
No difference, it's one of the most idiotic things ever introduced to TTRPG. Probably only the "plate armour is heavy, because we need to balance out something that was unbalanced IRL" was more damaging.
>>
>>50139281
>who was diogenes
>>
>>50139266
Checked.

And it's more science vs philosophy.
>>
>>50139133
Strength is lifting a crate of tomatoes.
Dexterity is cutting them up neatly.
Constitution is taking a bunch of tomatoes to the face without injury.
Intelligence is knowing that tomatoes are fruit.
Wisdom is knowing that you shouldn't put tomatoes in a fruit salad.
Charisma is the ability to sell a tomato-based fruit salad.
>>
>>50139281
If you've never talked to a quasi-homeless ex-drug addict with the intelligence of a 12-year-old and heard him say an astoundingly concise, useful, and relatable thing or two in the middle of a mostly nonsensical and annoying diatribe that doesn't belong in its social context, I'd suggest it's you that's been living in a very secluded greenhouse
>>
>>50139332
Not all homeless people are coke fiends, dumbass.
>>
>>50139298
The original /b/tard.
>>
>>50139330
Obligatory "a tomato-based fruit salad is just salsa"
>>
File: wisdom-intelligence.jpg (218KB, 1280x1091px) Image search: [Google]
wisdom-intelligence.jpg
218KB, 1280x1091px
>>50139133
>>
>>50139133

Intelligence is knowing things in the setting.

Wisdom is knowing things about the setting.
>>
>>50139351
well, not coke specifically. but where I live, most of them have had hard drugs in their lives at some stage.

anyway, the point wasn't that most homeless people are like that, or even that a lot of them are, just that some people like that exist
>>
>>50139133
intelligence is knowing the speed of terminal velocity, wisdom is not jumping off a plane
>>
>>50139330
>Wisdom is knowing that you shouldn't put tomatoes in a fruit salad.
That's called "salsa."
>>
>>50139421
You got beat to the punch... or rather the salsa >>50139373
>>
>>50139373
My tomato fruit salads use all the secret fruits. Get some peppers and beans in there.
>>
>>50139133
Int is your deduction, reasoning and studied knowledge.

Wis is your intuition, senses and experience (some overlap with int in say survival).

The biggest mistake in 5e was making medicine a wis check.
>>
>>50139442
Damn.

When I got up this morning I had this weird feeling, like "today is nacho day."

Guess I was right.
>>
INT is logical processing and slow thinking. The sort of people who are capable of locking themselves in a room and studying for hours. Data is probably a good example of a INT-focused character, since he does everything through logical problem solving (it's just that's he's super fast at them due to his computer brain).

WIS is intuitive and quick thinking. The sort of people who subconsciously detect danger based on circumstantial evidence and then dodges the bullet (assuming they have the DEX). The old grandpa who knows how to hit his TV to fix it is a good example, he didn't take the TV apart to figure out the problem, he just figured that would be the right spot to knock it. He doesn't bother proving that it makes logical sense, it just works and he rolls with it.
>>
File: 47697387.cached.jpg (62KB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
47697387.cached.jpg
62KB, 800x500px
>>50139133
You never see an intelligent, magic black man in movies.
>>
>>50139157
good bait
>>
>>50139216
moralfags get out
>>
>>50139297
Plate armor hindering your movement wasn't part of D&D until Wizards took over.

>>50139459
Healing, on the other hand, was based on wisdom ever since AD&D.
>>
>>50139254
hahaha yeah the deformed meth-riddled retard who constantly talks to himself and can barely walk straight is actually the fucking buddha

I bet you don't even have homeless people where you live
>>
>>50139332
>I not only have sufficient free time to go around talking to homeless people, I'm also braindamaged enough to think they have good ideas

Get off of my board and then kill yourself.
>>
>>50139133
Intelligence is knowing how to do something
Wisdom is knowing when to do something
>>
>>50139351
Every single one of them.
>>
>>50139459
So according to this post, intelligence is everything that is useful, and wisdom makes you into a touchy-feely fruitcake. Oh well, at least it improves your saves.
>>
>>50139605
No he's right, some of them are meth heads.
>>
>>50139332
>and heard him say an astoundingly concise, useful, and relatable thing or two in the middle of a mostly nonsensical and annoying diatribe that doesn't belong in its social context
As the saying goes - even broken clock is right twice a day.
>>
>>50139626
All of them.
>>
>>50139133
INT = Smart
WIS = Savvy
>>
>>50139636
Unless the clock is broken in such a way that its hands haven't stopped moving, but are just offset from the actual time, in which case it's never correct.
>>
>>50139373
>>50139421
>>50139442
Profession: Cooking skill at work.
>>
>>50139726
Hey, /ck/ isn't that long a travel from the realms of /tg/.
>>
>>50139330

ty
>>
>>50139622
If you don't think your senses and memory are important, have fun burning yourself over and over, and getting hit by traffic.
>>
>>50139622
It's basically more elaborate explanation of >>50139157
>>
>>50139779
>he can get hurt by physical objects
Non-ascended plebshitters get off my board.
>>
>>50139798
Which is the exact same thing.
>>
>>50139444
So chili?
>>
>>50139133
>Low Wisdom, Low Intelligence
I found some mushrooms in the forest, lets eat
>High Wisdom, Low Intelligence
I don't know what these mushrooms are so we better not eat them
>High Wisdom, High Intelligence
These mushrooms are highly poisonous, I wouldn't recommend eating them
>Low Wisdom, High Intelligence
These mushrooms are highly poisonous, lets eat
>>
>>50139530
It doesn't have to be moral fags. It's the difference between understanding complex things or understanding that some complexities shouldnt be meddled with for your own good. Not necessarily for morals.
>>
>>50139622
>sensing the motivations of others
>noticing shit that's out of place
>having an intuitive feel for an activity that you can't necessarily explain

It has its uses.
>>
>>50139901
Everything should be meddled with, no exceptions.
>>
>>50139133
A tribal shaman can't read but he knows how to make a herbal remedy passed down for generations.

Like wise a mage can be increadibly intellegent and understands all the intricacies of the Arcane Arts, but if he's dumb enough to dabble in magic best left untouched than he's going to pay for it.
>>
>>50139954
>Could I drink a bottle of vinegar?
>Could I eat an entire salt shaker of salt?
>Could I eat an entire package of breath strips?
>Could I eat a spoonful of ghost pepper sauce?
I may have a low wisdom score.
>>
>>50140016
Well, can you? You'll never know for sure until you try.
>>
>>50139133
INTELLIGENCE IS KNOWING A TOMATO IS A FRUIT.

WISDOM IS KNOWING A TOMATO DOESN'T BELONG IN A FRUIT SALAD.
>>
Int is knowing tomato is a fruit
Wis is knowing not to put tomatos in fruit salad
Cha is selling a tomato-based fruit salad
>>
>>50140016
Maybe try the ghost pepper sauce first, then go for the pack of breath mints.
>>
>>50140061
Yes to all of those things the results as follows.
>Terrible vomiting, very watery since there was no actual food in my belly
>A lot of drooling, like a huge amount of drooling tongue shriveled up a bit
>A lot of drooling, could smell my breath from 20 feet away, could taste mint for the rest of the day, made me feel nauseous
>Gut pain, when I drank milk to calm the pain I vomited up 15 hot wings I had eaten earlier into a sink, and then onto a floor, and then into another different sink
>>
File: 1416557762771.jpg (53KB, 500x383px) Image search: [Google]
1416557762771.jpg
53KB, 500x383px
Intelligence is shit you learn from rote memorization, critical thinking, and general logic.

Wisdom is shit you learn from observation, actually fucking paying attention, and the realization that actions have consequences.
>>
>>50139133
Jack Vance's Cugel the Clever is a great example of a high Int, low Wis character. He actually does some pretty smart stuff, but he fails to really think ahead and his clever plans almost invariably end up biting him in the ass.
>>
>>50139587
I'm just happy that this website keeps the Nazis of today busy enough that they just get to shittalk everyone who looks or acts different than them, and encourages them to be so fucking lazy that nobody actually gets hurt.
>>
>>50140273
Cugel is more like average Int, average Wis, high Cha. He's not really foolish as much as he is a selfish asshole.
>>
>>50140435
I disagree. I think he's got some ingenuity. He just doesn't think past step 2 of his plan to consider the repercussions, which is a lack of wisdom thing (not thinking things through). Also, as much as he cons other people, he's actually rather gullible, himself, and when confronted with evidence that somebody else might be getting the better of him, he dismisses it because that would indicate that he's not as clever as he thinks.
>>
>>50139133
Int is ability of elaboration (often through study)
Wis is efficiency of elaboration (often through experience)
>>
>>50139133
Wisdom is having a room of valuable items.

Intelligence is having a room full of money.
>>
File: 1478282443046.gif (9KB, 574x510px) Image search: [Google]
1478282443046.gif
9KB, 574x510px
>>50139133
>Can someone tell me the difference between wisdom and intelligence?

Wisdom is knowing the difference between wisdom and intelligence.

Intelligence is knowing not to ask this question.
>>
>>50139133
>OD&D/AD&D
Intelligence determines how many languages you know, and serves as the prime requisite for magic-users.
Wisdom adds a bonus to saving throws and serves as the prime requisite for clerics.

>3.5
Intelligence determines skill points, bonus languages, and affects spells and class features for a number of classes.
Wisdom determines Will saves and affects spells and class features for a number of classes.
>>
Intelligence is about acquiring new knowledge, wisdom is about applying old knowledge. Human babies are intelligent creatures, but due to inexperience have no wisdom to speak of. Old people may be wise even if they're not good at picking up new things anymore.

Basically Int coming up with smart stuff yourself and Wis is remembering smart stuff.
>>
>>50139330
Scientifically speaking, a tomato is definitely a fruit. True fruits are developed from the ovary in the base of the flower, and contain the seeds of the plant (though cultivated forms may be seedless).
>>
>>50139133
As I started playing BRP before DnD, I'm interpreting as such: INT = knowledge, memory, logic, WIS = willpower, magic affinity.

A scientist would must have high INT, but not necessarily high WIS. A wizard needs high INT and WIS. A paladin doesn't require high INT, but high WIS surely helps.

That said, DnD sucks.
>>
>>50139133
You might be intelligent OP but you're certainly not wise.
>>
>>50139174
>>50139191
Spotted the stemfags.
>>
>>50139157
Nonsense. Are your trying to say philosophy isn't full Int?
>>
Nobody in this thread has high WIS.

Few of them have high INT either.
>>
>>50139133
I always preffered to think that Inteleggence is ability to process data, Wisdom is ability to process clues.

Let's take two high schoolers with an arrogant asshole of a teacher.
>wise but non-intelligent
Knows what teacher doesn't like being interrupted or contradicted, so by being careful, smiling and nodding get's through classes w/o much issue despite being soso at the subject.
or vice-versa
Knows the book but fails to see that teacher doesn't care all that much about subject of class, but still get's through because despite pissing off the teacher still passes standardised tests.
>>
>>50139133
Intelligence is ability to figure things out that you've never seen before.
Wisdom is vastness of previous knowledge.
>>
>>50140016
Go back to the cancer ward Furious Pete
>>
>>50139133
Intelligence is how well your brain can process, big part of math skills.
Wisdom are life experiences.
Going to school increases wisdom.
Aging increases intelligence.
>>
File: 1471169686993.jpg (83KB, 651x700px) Image search: [Google]
1471169686993.jpg
83KB, 651x700px
>>50139133
Intelligence is knowing how to program a little girl's underwear in a video game intended for younger audiences.
Wisdom is knowing you shouldn't.
Charisma is getting away with it anyway.
Ahagon
>>
>>50139133
Intelligence = knowledge.
Wisdom = decision-making.
>>
>>50139133
High Wis low Int : Forrest Gump
High int low Wis: Dr. Frankenstein
>>
>>50139133
Int is knowing that Frankenstein wasn't the Monster
Wis is knowing that Frankenstein was the Monster
>>
>>50139133
Knowing that a tomato is a fruit is Intelligence.
Not putting it in a fruit salad is wisdom.
>>
>>50139133

Looking at 5e as a specific example, the same basic concept applies to most editions. High INT means you are good at Arcana, History, Nature, Religion, and Investigation checks. You are well-educated, thorough, and good at finding connections between disparate information when given time to sit down and analyze things carefully. You are also good at casting spells as a Wizard. So there's a unified theme here. High INT characters are well-educated and good at processing information.

High WIS means you are good at Animal Handling, Insight, Medicine, Perception, and Survival. You're also good at Cleric or Druid casting, and you are resistant to lots of mind-affecting spells. This is a list that involves being able to pick up on subtle social cues, being able to see or hear things that are well-hidden or far away, being educated (formally or otherwise) in a skilled profession, and also you're woodsy. Finding a common ground between any two of these four disparate abilities (not counting spellcasting which, being magic, can work however the fuck it wants) is difficult.

This guy >>50139169 has a pretty good summary of what difference there *could* be, but in practice Wisdom is a nonsense stat that does whatever the Hell the designers say it does today.
>>
>>50142367
>He never wanked to Selphie's panties in Kingdom Hearts
>>
>>50142415
Knowing that joke is Int
Not repeating that joke a bajillion times is Wis
>>
>>50142413
Int is knowing that Frankenstein ISN'T the monster.
Wis is knowing what you meant anyway.

>>50142415
Hey fuck you, tomatoes go well in fruit salads.
>>
File: 1399575898476.gif (307KB, 697x400px) Image search: [Google]
1399575898476.gif
307KB, 697x400px
>>50142435
It's a reference to OP's pic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QmHZNmKwdE
In the whole episode, the lady I posted shows up to justify putting panties in the game, explaining that it being forbidden is what makes it so great

>>50142436
Int is realizing a meme has gotten stale
Wis is recognizing even an old meme can be so supreme you let out a scream
>>
>>50139296
Came here to talk about Gump. Thankyou anon.
>>
Intelligence is knowing that Neo-nazis hate the Jews.

Wisdom is knowing that Neo-nazis hate The Jews.
>>
>>50142490
pol leave
>>
>>50139133
Int is always knowing what to say.
Wis is knowing when to stay silent.
>>
>>50141503
Not even you?
>>
>>50141166
Thanks a lot, anon. Though I wanted to know other people's opinion, this was the most useful answer.
>>
Int is being able to recognize owlbear markings immediately.
Wis is being able to recognize something big and violent is around so lets not fuck with it.

Wisdom has broader applications but less depth in each subject than intelligence. Wisdom is basically *feeling* something out. Like i don't know much about this specific area but camping in caves is generally dangerous so lets check this out before calling it a night.
The problem comes from differences in wisdom. Everybody can tell that a dude with a wisdom of 6 or 7 is the mad scientist whose going to make Frankenstein without ever actually questioning if he should but how the hell do you RP the difference between 10 and 20? At 10 its common knowledge and the occasional trivia. At like 14 its useful survival shit like birds signal water but what does 20 fucking do? You'd have to be finding seemingly random connections that are made up on the spot. All the other stats you know what they can do at max level and that's how you define them: 20 str is lifting boulders, 20 agi is dodging arrows, 20 per is seeing invisible shit, but 20 wis should mean you're buddha seeing the connections that nobody else can see but there isn't a person in the world who can actually RP that.
>>
>>50139539
Did I said anything about D&D in my post, you stupid cunt?
>>
>>50139133
Intelligence is knowing a few quotes and memes about the difference between intelligence and wisdom.
Wisdom is checking the thread first to make sure they haven't been posted already.
>>
>>50142432
>Finding a common ground between any two of these four disparate abilities (not counting spellcasting which, being magic, can work however the fuck it wants) is difficult.
Feels. Having a high Wisdom means you're intuitive and in-tune with things. You can read people and animals. You are in sync with nature. You're aware and alert. You pick up on practical stuff pretty quickly. You have common sense.

I'm not saying that it's not a little weird that being good at fishing means you'd also make a good doctor, but there is a commonality that runs through all the Wis-related stuff.
>>
>>50143404
Intelligence is knowing that some common quotes and memes about the difference between intelligence and wisdom have probably already been posted.

Wisdom is knowing that if you just ignore that fact and post anyway, you'll still feel like you contributed but won't have to go through the trouble of double checking the entire thread.
>>
>>50142466
What show is this?
>>
>>50139459
>The biggest mistake in 5e was making medicine a wis check.
Uh....
'no'
>>
>>50139459
No, the biggest mistake in 5e was changing concept for 3aboos.

Battlemage Sorcerers, all Fighters having Battlemaster maneuvers, Warlocks being invocation/cantrip monsters who don't need no damn spells and killing a couple sacred cows would have been great.
>>
>>50139133
Doctors have high intelligence in order to settle on a diagnosis as accurate as possible given a set of symptoms

Medics have high wisdom to identify the current symptoms of the patient so they can be stabilized enough to be moved
>>
>>50143217

>but 20 wis should mean you're buddha seeing the connections that nobody else can see but there isn't a person in the world who can actually RP that

You're just Dr. House at that point.
>>
>>50143805
Upotte!!, but the pic is an obvious edit.
>>
>>50143882

Man, I miss 4e Sorcerers as brawling spellslinging infighters.
>>
>>50143882
Well the sacred cows still produce milk, so don't expect getting some divine bovine between your buns at McDonalds any time soon.
>>
>>50139133
Intelligence is "These symptoms, appearing in this order with this timing mean that the root cause is that disease which requires this specific treatment to fix"

Wisdom is "Put a cold washcloth on the forehead to bring the fever down, ingest these herbs to minimize the pain, drink plenty of water and stay in bed"

Premodern medicine would mostly fall under the wisdom category, treating the symptoms to treat the illness, while modern medicine is more intelligence, nuking the specific thing with extreme prejudice.
>>
>>50143890
No, anon, the one he was referring to in his post, that OP's pic is from. I'm well aware of where elf gunrapists come from.
>>
>>50139133
>Can someone tell me the difference between wisdom and intelligence?

D&D simply has redundant ability scores. Why do characters possess both strength and constitution? How could a musclebound character not also be hardbodied? The two go hand in hand.

Some games condense things down to just three or four abilities, like strength, dexterity and intelligence. (and maybe charisma) I like this approach better.
>>
>>50143955
>How could a musclebound character not also be hardbodied?
1. Roid ravaged.
2. Cardio kills gains.
>>
>>50139498
CAAAAAAARLOOOOOOOOOS!
>>
Wisdom is realisation that all you know is merely a phantom, shadow of real thing.
Intellect is leaving those sucker in a cave to their faggotry.
>>
>>50143955
>Why do characters possess both strength and constitution? How could a musclebound character not also be hardbodied? The two go hand in hand.
People are rarely both of these in equal measure, which is what the game was meaning to go for. This is important in a dungeon crawler spawned from a wargame, where these differences matter. That said, the difference between intelligence and wisdom is a significantly more noticeable one.

You're not really going to tell me you've never met some nerd with a bunch of knowledge and technical know-how, good problem solving abilities and a strong memory who just made absolutely piss-poor decisions through myopia and failure to see the bigger picture for all its detail, right?
>>
>>50143217
But how the fuck do you RP a 20 Int score without being a literal genius yourself?

Or really, how do you RP anyone smarter than you are IRL?
>>
>>50144342
I can think a couple ways:

1) Ask the GM to give you a helping hand, giving you some info or realisations your character should be able to do
2) Roll INT at the slightest provocation all time

I advise strongly against the second
>>
>>50144302
>People are rarely both of these in equal measure, which is what the game was meaning to go for.

It's sort of possible to imagine bigger CON with moderate STR (I know a tough-as-nails old dude who fought in three wars and can still drink me under the table even if he probably can't bench the table anymore) but a lot harder to imagine mad STR without CON (maybe a Mr. Universe on competition day when he's dehydrated and half-starved so his skill pulls in to show that extra definition)

But those are pretty fucking edge cases that would never be present in a career adventurer and also neither has an 18 in one score and an 8 in another.

CON is a redundant stat and should be merged with STR.
>>
>>50144405
>so his skill pulls in

*skin, not skill
>>
>>50144405
It seems like most of your problem is that you're willing to look at it using a moderate difference one way, but the other way around you're looking at it in terms of extremes.

Generally speaking most STR focused and CON focused classes are the same class. CON can be independent of STR though, and in many real world cases is.

You wanna houserule in Brawn and use them as the same that's on you, I wouldn't knock it on principle and some of my favorite systems use a combined stat to account for both. But it has its reasons in the context of D&D.
>>
>>50139421
Found the bard, guys
>>
File: 1477553140732.png (146KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1477553140732.png
146KB, 625x626px
>>50139133
>>
>>50144448
>It seems like most of your problem is that you're willing to look at it using a moderate difference one way, but the other way around you're looking at it in terms of extremes.

I was just spitballing some possibilities. I honestly can't think of any good examples of people with high STR and low CON. Most of the time they seem pretty well linked.

I mean, think of the strongest dude. I bet it's Hafthor Bjornsson or Brian Shaw. Tell me those dudes aren't tough as shit though.

And think of the toughest dude. For me it's a sumo champ 'cause they're still going apeshit about Kotosho in Japan, but go with your favorite UFC fighter if you like. Those guys are also strong as hell.
>>
It's a square vs rectangle thing. Wisdom generally requires intelligence, but intelligence does not bestow wisdom.
>>
>>50139373
I don't think onions and garlic count as fruit though...
>>
>>50139133
Intelligence is your abstract thinking skills. Wisdom is your intuition and your ability to sniff out bullshit.

Intelligence will let you come up with impressive plans. Wisdom will let you be able to tell if it's a GOOD plan.
>>
the way ive looked always loooked at it is INT is your ability to learn new things combine it and problem solve in an abstract for where as WIS is the amount of knowledge you have backed up and the ability to relate it to real world applications.

A high INT low WIS wizard would be a goofball sitting in his tower/university constantly crunching equation and experimenting where as a high WIS low INT Cleric has a vast amount of knowledge of prayers healing and the world around them that has been built up over many years.
but its kinda hard to differentiate in play because they affect a lot of the same things or at least very similar things.
>>
>>50144699
Damn straight.
>>
>>50139133
Intelligence is the ability to learn and assimilate knowledge. Wisdom is allowing that knowledge govern your decisions.

To semi quote an old AD&D book.

A person may be intelligent enough to know attacking a dragon unprepared is dangerous. A person lacking wisdom may attack even knowing it is a bad decision.

Wise people don't consciously make bad decisions.
>>
>>50144686
How do you make "guy who knows a lot of stuff from experience" meaningfully different from "guy know knows a lot of stuff but only theoretically" without making the first strictly better than the second within a game that is entirely focused on practical application?
>>
File: Umiko's floppy tongue.webm (62KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Umiko's floppy tongue.webm
62KB, 1280x720px
>>50143805
New Game

>>50144721
I made a shameful mistake and have hidden it so none may see my bad judgement! My family's honor is preserved!
>>
>>50139216
This is good.
>>
>>50144574
Show bodybuilders have low CON, since they're actually quite fragile, especially on show day. They starve and dehydrate themselves to get that tight skin, and their bodyfat is unhealthily low.

Weightlifters have both because they follow how you should gain muscle. Perhaps don't think of them having both, think of them not taking a penalty to it due to training style.

High CON isn't really striking by itself. Construction workers need to pick up and hold things for a long time, but don't need to bash girders together; so that might be your example. However, normal people can still have high CON not tied to a profession/training regime. I had a great-grandfather who lived into his late 90s, was in good shape, and still went into the garden and pulled poison ivy with his bare hands.
>>
>>50144752
>Show bodybuilders have low CON, since they're actually quite fragile, especially on show day. They starve and dehydrate themselves to get that tight skin, and their bodyfat is unhealthily low.

Literally my stated example of high-STR / low-CON, but that's a really, really fucking far extreme, and not at all applicable to any kind of character anyone has ever played in an RPG (guys who regularly trudge for miles at a time through inclement weather living off of iron rations so that they can swordfight with goblins in muddy ditches).

It also doesn't really work with historical warriors either, since every soldier everywhere has been expected to march and professional knights were tough as nails.

It doesn't even work for most mythical examples. Beowulf is already famous for swimming for a week through monster-laden waters BEFORE his fucking epic even starts. Cu chulainn is plenty fine fighting off an entire army while blood is geysering out of his scalp. Typically when a hero's Strength is on a timer it's some sort of magical restriction, like a knight who is strongest at noon but whose might wanes with the setting sun.
>>
>>50139133

Intelligence is knowing a cactus has spines
Wisdom is choosing not to eat it
>>
>>50144909
plenty of cacti are delicious, though
>>
>>50139133
Wisdom is believing in Astrology
Intelligence is knowing that it doesn't exist
>>
>>50141492
Spotted the barista.
>>
>>50139133
Intelligence is knowing Tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting Tomato in a fruit salad.
>>
>>50141335
>>50139726
If they knew anything, they'd know the difference between a botanical fruit and a culinary fruit.
>>
>>50139954
So you have a low wisdom score right?
>>
>>50140197
A high wisdom score could have prevented this
>>
>>50145002
Being a barista is often better than being a humanities-fag.
I mean, at least baristas serve me coffee. Most of the humanity-fags I've met just bitch incessantly about the unfair society and spread vitriol.

Sure, I've met my fair share of humanity-fags that are genuinely interesting people (historians are pretty great guys to hang around), but I can always count on baristas.

t. medical engineer
>>
>>50144737
The high int guy either knows a shit load about a more narrow subject or they can easily learn more in depth about a subject with a small amount of study time. A high int wizard adventurer should be more like an engineer than a particle physicist but you also need to remember that the character probably doesnt have below average wisdom so its difficult to talk about the two stats as extremes when talking about pc's because they often arent.

You can also use it as how prepared the character is high wis means that they are ready for most situations while high int would need time to prepare but attain a better level of readiness when they know what is going to happen.
>>
>>50145159
a good barista is an artist, same as a good chef

>high INT is going to school to be a "medical engineer"
>high WIS is not looking down your nose at every other profession because "muh stem"
>>
File: simmonmiller.png (926KB, 795x811px) Image search: [Google]
simmonmiller.png
926KB, 795x811px
>>50144855
This seems like a good example this guy is pretty strong hes got pretty large muscles but when he recently started to try and be a wrestler he said it was the most physically exhausting thing he has done because he would be stated with high STR and low CON.
Compare him to someone like Baron Corbin who is a professional wrestler with wwe he does not look in good shape and he doesnt look strong but he has built up the con needed to wrestle.

Ideally a wrestler or someone going into combat would have both but because stat based rpg you dont have to be.
>>
>>50141134
Very nice
>>
>>50139587

>has no free time
>is on 4chan
>>
>>50141497
Yes.
>>
>>50145547

Second hand story but I was told of a really muscled guy who struggled on a hill walk which most kids round these parts do at age 12 with out much bother.
>>
>>50139351
Nah dude, cocaine is expensive, they're on heroin.
>>
File: 24vide0.jpg (166KB, 671x800px) Image search: [Google]
24vide0.jpg
166KB, 671x800px
>>50139133
Stupidity and intelligence are not mutually exclusive.

It is wise to see that this might not be an entirely logical place.
>>
>>50139266
Wisdom is the ability to contextualize intelligence.
>>
File: 187219.jpg (64KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
187219.jpg
64KB, 640x480px
>>50144601
>garlic in a salsa
>>
>>50141134
Is this meta?
>>
I just wanted to say how happy I was to see someone mention this character, and the books he's from.
>>
Wis is education
Int is cognition

Or

Wis is system 1 thought
Int is system 2 thought
>>
Intelligence is knowing things (histories, legends, science, etc).

Wisdom is knowing how to apply it (how does knowing the cycles of the moon help in this situation, etc).
>>
File: buzzwords-of-the-decade.png (172KB, 650x331px) Image search: [Google]
buzzwords-of-the-decade.png
172KB, 650x331px
>>50139174
>>50139191
I think you guys are confusing the humanities with the social sciences.

Social sciences tend to try to pass off WIS as INT and CHA as WIS, even if they're sorely lacking in all of the above. And then they still have the gall to call themselves sciences.
>>
File: 112210_115115_0.gif (406KB, 955x1200px) Image search: [Google]
112210_115115_0.gif
406KB, 955x1200px
Intelligence is Don Quijote
Wisdom is Sancho Panza
>>
>>50144342
You can work with your GM about the intricacies of the system or setting for INT to work because the uses of int do change for each of these things.
You can't just roll up to God and ask him how should your 20 WIS character roll about. Wisdom will generally work the same in most settings that would have D&D as it would in our own.
>>
>>50143955
CON is pain tolerance, actual resistance, and endurance. Maybe you're a glass jaw or you never did cardio day. Lifting boulders and sucking at marching or being unable to go without supplies for a while are two different things.
>>
>>50139157
>Int is STEM
Teacher here, hilarious. Keep it up.

>Wis is Humanities
Right, the stuff you actually need to live a happy and fulfilling life.
>>
File: 5ab.jpg (435KB, 838x911px) Image search: [Google]
5ab.jpg
435KB, 838x911px
>>50148959
That's pretty good, amigo.
>>
File: 1465949682561.jpg (43KB, 497x500px) Image search: [Google]
1465949682561.jpg
43KB, 497x500px
>>50141335
NERD
>>
File: 1454185561947.jpg (31KB, 443x275px) Image search: [Google]
1454185561947.jpg
31KB, 443x275px
>>50139133

Intelligence is tied to knowledge. Intelligence can be used to accumulate, process, and retain knowledge. Applied intelligence allows an individual to create, manipulate, or navigate complex systems, like machines, computer programs, or some kinds of magic.

Wisdom is tied to decision-making. Wisdom can be used to assess and interpret information. Applied wisdom allows an individual to detect falsehoods, check an area for danger, or discern issues of theology - a practical concern in settings where the gods exist and they play favorites.
>>
>>50139133
Int is raw mental power, memory, and capacity to comprehend/use difficult abstracts, like high-end math and the hard sciences.

Wis is your capacity for insight, your perception. A measure of how open your eyes are for deeper truths beyond hard maths and pure logic.

To be Intelligent but not Wise is to be narrow-minded and focused at the expense of the world around you.

To be Wise but not Intelligent is to be aware, perceptive, highly attuned to the world around you.. but not adept at learning the hard logic that govern it.

History is rife of extraordinarily intelligent men who were unable to look outside the box, just as much as legendarily wily people who weren't necessarily scholars.
>>
>>50139665
Not being set right is different from being broken. It could be doing one revolution of the hour had every 11 hours or something similar, and actually be broken, but then it would still be right occasionally and the saying would be a broken clock is right some complicated function of the speed it runs at times a day and too much of a mouthful to be pith.
>>
>>50139296
This.

To use a movie character for High Int, Low Wis, Doc Brown from Back to the Future.
>>
File: 1473054789475.jpg (94KB, 771x720px) Image search: [Google]
1473054789475.jpg
94KB, 771x720px
What is the ACTUAL difference between Intelligence and Wisdom in D&D 5e?

If Intelligence is "book smarts" while Wisdom is "street smarts," then why is Investigation based on Intelligence?

Investigation is all about piecing together environmental clues into useful information and being canny enough to beat illusions (which specifically go against Investigation). That sounds much more like "street smarts" than "book smarts."

Wisdom (Perception) has NOTHING to do with beating illusions in 5e.
>>
>>50139133
Intelligence = Book Smarts
Wisdom = Worldly Experience

Intelligence is knowing that Frankenstein was the scientist who built the monster. Wisdom is knowing that Frankenstein was the monster.
>>
>>50151384
Because Sherlock Homes was their detective archetype, and he was closer to a coked up academic than a wise man.
>>
>le Frankenstein was monster meme
He merely pursued new horizons of knowledge. He never had ill intent to his actions.
Sure, he was bad parent, but bringing that up on a board that grew up on 40k lose is hypocritical to say the least.
>>
>>50144342
Nobodys smarter than me irl tho
>>
>>50144342
How autists RP someone with >2 charisma?
>>
>>50139216
And Charisma is "Fuck it! We'll do it anyway."
>>
>>50139297

How about crossbows only doing 1d10 damage?
>>
>>50139556

On the contrary, a lot of prophets were madmen who just happened to get a lot of people thinking they were wise.
>>
File: 1420954542717.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1420954542717.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>>50139216

I like this way of describing it.
>>
>>50139216
How do you reconcile Evil characters with high Wis?
>>
File: 1390515449732.jpg (70KB, 600x388px) Image search: [Google]
1390515449732.jpg
70KB, 600x388px
>>50139157
>Wis is Humanities
>>
>>50139133
Intelligence is intelligence. Logic, reason, memory, book learning, figuring shit out. Intelligence. Don't give me any of that, "There's different kinds of intelligence," crap. Intelligence is overall brain power. You're either smart or not. Just like how D&D doesn't separate different types of strength or motor skills, they all fall under one attribute.

Wisdom is nothing like intelligence and the reason people struggle to understand what it is is because they keep thinking they're related. Wisdom is your senses. Your ability to see, hear, smell, are all wisdom, but also your ability to "sense" in more abstract definitions, such as instinct or spirituality. The reason things relating to caring for other living beings is wisdom and not intelligence is because games like D&D assumes empathy and the ability to relate to other living creatures is better at calming them down and figuring out what ails them, than proper medical knowledge or whatever. In 5e, at least, it states pretty plainly that DMs can call for checks that are not ordinarily related to their typical attribute. So a DM might call for an Intelligence (Medicine) check, in which case the altruistic hippie is probably about as useful as Gandalf Holmes is.
>>
>>50151805

Start with a divergent criterion for Should. Should I burn down this orphanage? YES because it pleases my evil overlords and/or benefits me.
>>
>>50139133
Int is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wis is knowign not to put it in a fruit salad.
>>
>>50139133
setting specific but i prefer to use Call of Cthulhu method
CoC
>int - puzzle or problem solving, mental computation
>knowledge - remembering and recalling information, book smart
DnD
>int - wits, outsmarting
>wisdom - academic knowledge, abstract thinking
>>
Problem solving and comprehension.
>>
>>50152071
in dnd comprehension is wisdom and in coc its int
>>
>>50139133
I think wise people know well when to draw upon others' knowledge, while intelligent people are more apt at creating new knowledge.

Seems pretty consistent desu.
>>
>>50152314
Or perhaps it is more precise to say that wise people know how to use knowledge, while intelligent people know how to create it.
>>
>>50139133

INT is Book Smarts, while WIS is Street Smarts.
>>
File: gccoffee2.jpg (32KB, 560x490px) Image search: [Google]
gccoffee2.jpg
32KB, 560x490px
>>50151805
Evil characters still ask Should I, but the criteria for "Should I?" is different.

A good character knows he shouldn't burn down the orphanage because it's wrong. An evil characters know he shouldn't because he's probably going to be caught and killed by a Paladin.
>>
>>50139133
wise people can tell where what happens where through a mix of experience, luck, and basic logic, but they still need a calculator for math

intelligent people know how everything works because they are just that smart, and can figure out shit in their head that we need excel for, but they still need a map in the woods to not be mauled by a bear

basically intelligent people know where the weathers going and how bad it is through a mix of weather forecasts and logical presumptions like " k so the wind is going 15k/h this way, but lightning is slowly going away so it might be fine while wise people now a storms coming without going outside because the damn dog is trying to dig a hole in the carpet again
>>
>>50139133
>>50139193
>>50139182
Pretty sure that in most settings that's the other way around. Wis is for wisdom - knowledge and common sense stemming from that knowledge. Int is intelligence - ability to acquire and process data. Some systems mix it and kind of blur those two, like D&D but on average, real world definitions for those two terms apply.

>>50139216
>>50139169
>>50139290
>>50139296
Those and similar are right.
>>
>>50147256
save the stems from two or three bunches of cilantro, throw them in a food processor with a head of garlic, a small onion, olive oil, lime juice, and some combination of jalapenos and serranos (depending on your heat preference)
>>
>>50139530
Hey, bet I can guess your dump stat
>>
File: goddamnit.png (42KB, 500x250px) Image search: [Google]
goddamnit.png
42KB, 500x250px
Intelligence is used for learning-based skills, like Knowledge and Crafting.

Wisdom is for intuition and instinct, like Perception and willpower tests.

Come'on guys, open the damn handbook sometime.
>>
>>50151805
They know exactly why they're doing what they do. But it's to further their own selfish goals mostly.
>>
>>50139133
Int is knowing a tomato is a fruit

Wis is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad
>>
>>50139622
>and wisdom makes you into a touchy-feely fruitcake.

No, wisdom makes you able to actually interact with other human beings, as well as know how to think long-term and develop strategies to apply your knowledge in the most effective way.

It takes Intelligence to build a dam across a river, but it takes Wisdom to know that if you built that bridge, you'd piss off the people downriver who depend on that river to survive, and would cause them to take up arms and attack you for fucking them over.
>>
>>50141335
anon 1:
>Tomatoes are fruit.
anon 2:
>ACTUALLLLLY, tomatoes are fruit!

thanks anon 2
that was some helpful new information you brought to the table
>>
>>50155509
>interact with other human beings
that's charisma
>>
my take on it is that wisdom is learned and intelligence is innate, so learning every herb and how to make medicine from it would be wis, but testing a bunch of herbs to see what makes the best medicine would be int

>>50139254
see
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J63YkkympOU#t=10m23s
>>
>>50139133
One qualifies you for Wizard, the other for Cleric
>>
>INT
Specific knowledge and ability to think ahead, around, beyond, behind, etc. one's current place.

>WIS
Knowledge and/or Intelligence + Experience (in life/in position/etc). More or less how/why/when to use/not use knowledge/intelligence.
>>
>>50151805
Very easily?
High wisdom doesn't make someone good it just means they're less likely to make stupid decisions that will get them killed.
>Should I provoke the paladin or should I pretend to be on board with this goody-two-shoes shit for now until I can get the fuck out of here?
>>
>>50139216
/thread
>>
>>50139133
Intelligence: Figuring out on your own how to divide by zero, thus having the ability to do so whenever you wish.

Wisdom: Never dividing by zero, ever.
>>
Int = Text
Wis = Context
>>
>>50139509
God damn you, I read it in his voice.
>>
>>50152039
You mean system specific. Call of Cthulhu doesn't even have a wisdom stat. Instead it has education, which is really closer to D&D intelligence.
>>
File: elämäm kova koulu.png (125KB, 800x369px) Image search: [Google]
elämäm kova koulu.png
125KB, 800x369px
Int=stem
Wis=pic related
>>
Intelligence - Raw mental acuity and processing power. How 'sharp' you are in a situation, and how quickly your mind figures problems out.

Wisdom - Deductive Reasoning, Temperance and Logic. The ability to exercise ones thoughts in a way that makes sense- or the general retention of knowledge.
>>
>>50139622
Are... are you retarded?
Perception, survival, insight, PERCEPTION.

>>50143865
>>50143882
Hyperbole, do you understand it?

My fault really, should have known that /tg/ was low wis.
>>
>>50139539
Because past edition did it that way doesn't mean it's good. I get why it's wis but it's still derped.

6 ability scores don't make that much sense, who'd a thunk it I guess.

>>50156470
Cha is playing people.
Wis is knowing when you're being played.
>>
>>50139133
Int is knowing how to turn smoke alarms into radioactive fuel and using that to power a garden reactor.

WIS is knowing why that's a horrible idea.
>>
>>50139133
Int is Book-Smart.
Wis is Practical-Wisdom.

That's why languages and knowledges are int-based, but profession skills and skills for reading people are WIS based.
>>
>>50147836
this
philosophy, language and history are perfectably acceptable fields of study, it's just the social sciences that are shit
>>
Besides also being perception in DnD, wisdom is the piety/faith/willpower stat. For magic and abilities of willworking rather than "arcane" magic, magic as a science.

In a Romance of the Three Kingdoms inspired fantasy game, the divide would be the intelligence of your magical strategist types and the charisma of your filial piety for days Liu Bei types. But nerds are nerds so charisma has to be the "lets me bang elven sluts" stat instead.
>>
>>50139133
Intelligence is basic memorization and processing power - if you need to quote books, or figure out how to draw magical sigils for a given phase of the moon and ambient magic level, a high INT stat will help. A computer has extremely high Intelligence, but 0 Wisdom.

WIS is awareness and understanding - it lets you notice subtler clues, lets you draw conclusions without having been told them. High Wisdom but 0 Intelligence would be able to draw comparatively advanced conclusions by themselves, but wouldn't be able to remember basic facts they aren't created with. Certain golems fall into this category.

The natural thought processes for different levels of Wisdom would be something like:
>Negligible (0-2) Wis: "I am told there is a treat nearby."
>Low (3-7) Wis: "I am told there is a treat nearby. That banana looks like a treat."
>Medium (8-13) Wis: "I am told there is a treat nearby. That banana looks like a treat, but it's made of plastic. The person must have lied."
>High (14-19) Wis: "I am told there's a treat nearby. That banana looks like a treat, but it's made of plastic. The person is hiding something behind their back, perhaps it's the treat."
>Transcendental (20+) Wis: "I am told that there is a treat nearby, but the person's expression and posture suggest that they're trying to hide something behind their back. If they react that way when I try and look behind them, I'll know that they are."
>>
>>50159790
Sufficient training can make people seem to have a higher Wisdom, but only in what they've been trained for. Natural wisdom helps them use their training for situations they weren't explicitly instructed about, and can only be raised through experiencing more or gaining a deeper understanding of what you've already experienced.
>>
>>50139133
INT- is academics math, english, science etc.

WIS- practical knowledge, survival skills, etc.
>>
File: o-FORREST-GUMP-facebook.jpg (103KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
o-FORREST-GUMP-facebook.jpg
103KB, 2000x1000px
Wisdom without intelligence.
>>
>>50139622
>I might be an Autist, but at least I can memorise Pi to 30 decimal places
>>
>>50139133
INT is knowing Frankenstein is not the moneter
WIS is knowing he IS
>>
>>50151805
Should I burn down this village?
> It pleases my gods
> It provides a distraction while I escape
> It's fun
> If they didn't want it burned down they should have picked up PC levels
>>
>>50163744
I approve. Good for anyone who actually read the book.
>>
>>50159444
Linguistics is social sciences, stemfag
>>
>>50163744
>"I only killed your brother (and his nanny) because you didn't love me enough!"
>"What does not knowing where I am, if I'm still alive, or that I can think until now have to do with it? It's still all your fault!"
There was exactly one monster in that story, and it wasn't Victor.
>>
File: confuz snek.jpg (42KB, 326x236px) Image search: [Google]
confuz snek.jpg
42KB, 326x236px
>>50139216
>mfw everyone thinks the post means "Should I?" morally

I look at the emperor of prague and think to myself yes, I can assassinate him.

I look at the emperor of prague and think to myself no, I should not assassinate him. Not because it would be morally wrong, but because he is surrounded by cyborg ninja lolis armed with chainguns.
>>
>>50165498
>Not sacrificing yourself for the greater good
Let me guess, you're a woman.
>>
>>50160992
Perfect. Now we need an Int without Wis pic...
>>
>>50165518
Can't pass on my wisdom if a cyborg ninja loli strangled the life out of me with her thighs, faggot.
>>
File: int with no wis.jpg (31KB, 620x368px) Image search: [Google]
int with no wis.jpg
31KB, 620x368px
>>50165532
Here.
>>
>>50151438

Sherlock is Int-based because he uses his mind and knowledge to solve crimes. Of course, he's not very wise since he has a debilitating coke habit.

A detective noir protagonist might be Wis-based detective because he's got to know who would have motive to do what, where, how, and why, and piece together the story from gut, supposition, and hunches.
>>
>>50151449

You've... never read Frankenstein, have you?
>>
>>50142432
>Finding a common ground between any two of these four disparate abilities (not counting spellcasting which, being magic, can work however the fuck it wants) is difficult.

Perception, Insight, Animal Handling and Survival are all largely about being observant, and making deductions from small cues - the horse is afraid of something ahead, calm him by not forcing him forward. What's ahead? disturbed ground and a hairpin turn. The wind drifts and you notice the smell of orc filth. There's a trap ahead. Your guide looks nervous. You can tell he doesn't like that you've stopped. He's in on the ambush. That's Animal Handling, Perception and Insight all covered.

Survival? That's working from observation again - are there fish in this river to eat? Are there edible fruits around? Which roots are growing nearby I know I can eat? Can I smell the water nearby? With the way the land is shaped, where's the low point the water will be at? etc.

The only odd one out is Medicine, which can also kind of fit, if you want to treat it like observing the patient's symptoms, reactions and condition and then applying best fit medicine, but that one's a bit more of a stretch that bleeds over more into book learning and Int.
>>
>>50159444

Linguistics and History ARE social sciences. Other things that are social sciences:

>Education (Kinda important)
>Geography
>Law
>Psychology

Philosophy is not a Social Science, it's a Humanities.
>>
>>50151384
Investigation also covers things like 'lets read his diaries so we know where he was and when' and 'check the books for unusual payments' and 'the motive for this killing was likely gaining political power in the kingdom.' Perception lets you see the physical clues. Investigation lets you place each of them into the greater framework of 'how and why,' and gives you a path to follow to hunt down more clues.

Wisdom tells you the murder victim was poisoned, because he flopped over and foamed at the mouth after being stuck with a knife. Intelligence tells you that a poison with this fast acting effect delivered via edged weapon can only be black lotus, and supplies are very limited. The dockside smugglers and the botanical society are the places to look to see who bought any lately.
>>
Okay, so, have you watched Ren and Stimpy? The latter titular character is a brilliant inventor that can make most anything. Yet, in ways pertaining to common sense, life experience, and other things of that sort he appears dumb. He is book smart and intelligent, yet not wise. Think autistic sevants. For the opposite, picture a child that says really astute and wise things, derived from their mind state that has not yet been corrupted. They see right through bullshit that most adults might miss and are wise, yet they may not even be able to read yet and certainly wouldn't be able to do complex math, fix a television, or anything requiring intellect. I hope this is helpful but if my understanding is lacking someone with a higher intellect score can feel free to give me constructive criticism as I have a high enough wisdom score to know to accept help and not reject it because it may hurt my ego. So, in my case, my wisdom is higher than my intellect. I flunked out of college, yet I have friends who have college degrees that still come to me for spiritual advice and the like. Get it?
>>
>>50169054
I just realized that old people can also be an example of high wisdom and low intellect, perhaps a better one since I referred to wisdom as life experience and then listed a kid as having high wisdom, despite the obvious lack of life experience. So a senior may be able to dispense valuable advice relating to their time on Earth but they are not likely to have the same quality of "book learning'" as younger individuals.
>>
>>50151805
I appreciate what the guy who wrote that "real D&D alignmints" thing said. He renamed "evil" as "Determined" and I think that fits. An evil character with high wisdom knows whats right, good and moral, but is determined to see their goals fulfilled, regardless. and is there anything more evil then knowing whats right and not doing it?
>>
>>50141335
Culinarily speaking, a tomato is definitely a veg.
>>
>>50141335
>>50169420
Wisdom vs. int at its finest!
>>
>>50165498
Flawed argument.
If dying to the cyberlolis stops you from killing him, then your "Could" assumption is wrong.
>>
File: 1462682058337.png (572KB, 410x574px) Image search: [Google]
1462682058337.png
572KB, 410x574px
>>50171187
>If dying to the cyberlolis stops you from killing him, then your "Could" assumption is wrong.
Wrong. He can stil kill the Emperor of Prague, he will just ie in the process making it not worth it.

Intelligence is giving the right answer.
Wisdom is asking the right question.

Namely, "Can I kill the Emperor of Prague and not suffer the consequences?".
>>
>>50171275
His own survival wasn't a factor.
>>
>>50139133
Wisdom lets you pick the best option
Intelligence gives you more options
>>
>>50139169
You can make it in your microwave.
>>
>>50139133
An intelligent person would pick up the Lament Configuration and figure out how to open it.
A wise person would leave it the fuck alone.
>>
>>50151739
Cha is "You do it." Or, optimistically, "Let's do it."
>>
>>50139133
Easy

Int: knowing that tomatoes are a fruit
Wis: knowing not to put tomatoes in a fruit salad
Cha: being able to sell a tomato based fruit salad
>>
>>50171275
We call him President these days.
And he's really not worth the bullet.
>>
Intelligence is knowing a tomato is a fruit
Wisdom is knowing not to put a tomato in a fruit salad
>>
>>50139133
Have you ever met an autistic savant?
>>
>>50139530
The fuck are you talking about
>>
File: 1478154522189.jpg (24KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
1478154522189.jpg
24KB, 350x350px
>>50141134
>>
>>50139133
Is that msvs in the background?
>>
>>50174649
From which splat is he?
>>
INT: Knowledge capacity and reasoning/problem solving
WIS: Intuition, mental fortitude, common sense
CHA: Charm, composure
Thread posts: 269
Thread images: 31

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.