[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm playing my first tabletop game and want to play a character

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: download.jpg (9KB, 206x244px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
9KB, 206x244px
I'm playing my first tabletop game and want to play a character roughly modeled after Odysseus. My first issue was, what class would Odysseus be? I was thinking a rogue or fighter with high charisma

Setting is DnD 5th edition. Please refrain from comments about how I should play a different tabletop game, I don't want to hear it
>>
>>50138700
Easily a rogue. I'd go with Arcane Trickster for the archetype.
>>
>>50138700

DnD is shit. Play something better or kys.

Use a high DEX Cleric for Oddy.
>>
>>50138744
Why a cleric?
>>
>>50138744
You know damn well Odysseus pissed of Poseidon, so how is he a cleric?
>>
>>50138815
He did rely a lot on the favor of other gods, but I think a rogue would still be better.
>>
&gt;&gt;50138700<br>
See, the issue is that Ulysses (reee) would suffer from MAD in d&amp;d terms. He was strong and constitution-y enough to stand on the front lines in the battle for troy, as well as win(debatably) a wrestling match with Ajax. He was also dexterous enough to sneak behind the walls and be Snake for a while. He was intelligent enough (Note that Investigation and History are both intelligence skills, and he&apos;s quite good with each), and he had wisdom out the ass (cunning in general, as well as his Insight, Perception, and Survival(especially survival)). Charisma is self-explanatory. So, that leaves you with what? Ranger/Rogue or Ranger/Valor Bard, I guess?
>>
>>50138700
D&D is pretty terrible at modelling any character that isn't explicitly designed to fit into it's framework.

The correct answer to 99% of "How do I play [non-D&D character] in D&D" questions is simply that you can't, not in any way where it won't be painfully obvious that you're trying to fit a square peg into a round hole.
>>
>>50138849

Take a Cleric and dip into Rogue, or vice versage.

>>50138903

The fuck that formatting *$09409 bro.
>>
Does it matter? You could always use the personality and such on any class.
>>
>>50138849
>He did rely a lot on the favor of other gods
It's Greek mythology. Everything that ever happened is because of the gods. If he's a cleric then so is virtually every other Greek hero, which seems rather silly.

>>50138744
>Use a high DEX Cleric for Oddy.
He's the only one strong enough to string his bow. He's the cunning-est person alive. His constitution has to be really high for him to survive some of the shit he went through. He's a natural leader of men, so his charisma is high. He's essentially the character of that guy who comes in waving a sheet of paper saying "I rolled all 18's!" Mythological characters tend to be giant Mary Sues.
>>
>>50138700
Maybe a fight-y rogue. Or a fighter/rogue. Or maybe a rogue with a dip into ranger.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.