[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just successfully ran a game of Pathfinder for the first time,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: dungeon-master-ss1[1].gif (5KB, 320x200px) Image search: [Google]
dungeon-master-ss1[1].gif
5KB, 320x200px
I just successfully ran a game of Pathfinder for the first time, ever. Ask me anything.
>>
>>50138670
Did you ignore the cognitive dissonance or did it ignore you?
>>
>>50138670
How many people used ranged weapons in your campaign?

Also, do you own guns?
>>
>>50138670
How can I get to the Moon without using rocket propulsion?

How do we solve world hunger?
>>
>>50138670

Define "successful".

Because to me, playing in some shitty generic medieval fantasy setting, following a cliched plot that's mostly linked combat encounters, isn't exactly a success.
>>
>>50138681
I ignored it, actually.

>>50138684
Interestingly enough, due to two players dropping out before it even began, we technically have no ranged people, yet. Our cleric is still a puny level 1 and decided on buffs and debuffs to start with, and our two warriors both neglected to take any ranged weapons.

Personally, I do not own guns yet, though I do want to buy myself a simple 9mm handgun for target practice. In-game, we ruled that there are no gunpowder weapons yet, simply because I don't feel like dealing with them.
>>
>>50138710
Magic, of course.

>>50138712
Successful, because I managed to get over my crippling self-doubt and actually put something together. It *is* a shitty generic medieval fantasy setting, but my friends and I all like shitty generic medieval fantasy. My plot is also likely going to be mostly combat encounters, due to my players' seeming lack of ability to roleplay much.
>>
>>50138724
>Personally, I do not own guns yet, though I do want to buy myself a simple 9mm handgun for target practice.

Good. Do that.

Second question: What other RPGs have you run/played
>>
>>50138832
I've never ran anything else, though in the past, I played a lot of 3.5 DnD, played a lot of Pathfinder, I have a particular soft spot for World of Darkness and its ilk, I tried and hated one session of Mutants and Masterminds (same as the HERO system), and I'd be willing to try other systems. I've always been big on fantasy, but in particular I'd love to do some Rogue Trader or Dark Heresy, Shadowrun, a wild west game, a superheroes game that's actually good, or a modern world apocalypse game of some sort. I basically like everything except ERP.
>>
>>50138670
>Ask me anything.
Okay.
Why?
>>
>>50138670
was it fun?
are you gonna do it again?
>>
>>50138670
When did you realize you were autistic?
>>
>>50138670
A satellite with mass M1 orbits a planet with mass M2. The orbit has an aphelion of R1 and a perihelion of R2. The satellite completes fourteen orbits around the planet for each day the planet experiences. What is the work done by the planet's gravity on the satellite over the course of one week (seven of the planet's days)?
>>
>>50138670
What is the most common cause of acute pain in the lower left abdominal region in patients of advanced age?
>>
>>50141877
>What is the work done by the planet's gravity on the satellite over the course of one week (seven of the planet's days)?
I'm not him, but I'm pretty sure it's pie.
>>
>>50138670
have you played 3.5 or 3e before
if so was pathfinder a huge step back in every way
>>
>>50138670
I remember when I first ran Pathfinder.

My party was 3.5er's and were tired of the system, we thought-

>Hey, pathfinder is similar,let's try that

Learning that system is like cramming for an exam at fucking university.

After the short campaign was done, I forced the party to a less delusional system.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.