[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I came here yesterday asking for help converting horsepower to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

File: 1478413128467[1].jpg (182KB, 1205x900px) Image search: [Google]
1478413128467[1].jpg
182KB, 1205x900px
I came here yesterday asking for help converting horsepower to duck power. I wanted a real answer but the only data I could find was DnD stats, which is why I came to /tg/.

You guys gave some really good answers, all between 25 and 60 duckpower per horsepower. I wasn't satisfied with DnD logic answer though, so I visited an engineering/physics forum on another website. They came up with 42.1 duckpower per horsepower, or 0.0238 duckpower = 1 horsepower.

I find it amazing that the DnD answer I got from 4chan was so close to the science answer. I can't claim to understand it but they were deriving their answer partly from something called Kleiber's Law, for those who are curious.

Anyways, I figured I'd share this, in case any of you guys are back tonight and wanted closure.
>>
What do we do now?
>>
>>50138310
Build a society based on duckpower
>>
>>50138310

discuss a setting with duck people. Preferable who love hockey and have militarized it. Man this takes me back, i loved this show as a kid. Thanks op.
>>
File: Rune Quest Ducks.jpg (2MB, 1656x2056px) Image search: [Google]
Rune Quest Ducks.jpg
2MB, 1656x2056px
Somebody say "Duck people"?
>>
>>50138461
Alright, now someone derive an answer from this picture.
>>
>>50138310
Wow, the mean of 25 and 60 is 42.5. That'a actually pretty damn close.
>>50138352
>The people of this world universally share both an uncanny resemblance to hominine water fowl and a love of ice-based sports. Rather than perpetuate bloody wars, battles are ritualized as hockey games that hold the fate of major world decisions in their icy grip. From birth, these 'warriors' are trained to fight for victory on ice as viciously as one might do in pitched warfare.
>>
File: Duck_Weights_MG_7861.jpg (645KB, 1500x885px) Image search: [Google]
Duck_Weights_MG_7861.jpg
645KB, 1500x885px
In ancient Mesopotamia, weights for measuring stuff were shaped like ducks.

Archaeologists still have literally no idea why this is.

Their unit of weight was the shekel
>>
>>50138659
Someone decided they really liked carving duck-shaped weights, and got really good at it, so then someone else decided to do it, and then it became the standard because eventually all of the weights were duck-shaped and that was just a way of telling that the rocks were weights.
So what I'm saying is autism.
>>
>>50138659
Ancient duck merchant civilization? They migrate with the seasons, carrying valuable goods across the world. In the old days they simply flew with whatever they could carry, but in modern times they've established great trade routes with fleets of ships.
>>
>>50138310
GET DANGEROUS
>>
>>50138535
Yeah, there were some extreme outliers though.
>>50125368
>>
File: witch_bedevere_2880.jpg (25KB, 222x183px) Image search: [Google]
witch_bedevere_2880.jpg
25KB, 222x183px
>>50138659

If she weighs the same as a duck, then she's a witch!
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.