[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm going to do presentation of tabletop rpg's in front

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: 1450043127309.jpg (55KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1450043127309.jpg
55KB, 500x500px
I'm going to do presentation of tabletop rpg's in front of my class in a few days.
Can /tg/ help me find pros and cons about the hobby?
>>
Pros
-Uses the imagination
-Fun to play
-Lots of options
-Better than video games
-Social game

Cons
-Addiction
-Requires a bit of a brain
-Needs more than one player for the best experience.
-fa/tg/uy culture.
>>
>>50134123
I did it and became a laughinstock of the class. Don't do it, OP. Don't do it.
>>
>>50134123
Pros: face to face socialization, problem solving in groups, growth of imagination, expansion of your social network, low cost, fun, memorable experiences

Cons: not an active hobby where a skill increases (unlike learning to painting minis) unless you count socialization as a skill, groups are hit or miss, time consuming, doesn't exercise the body only the mind, lots of downtime between turns

In essense, humans need play time, and rpgs are better than most ways to have fun, especially videogames. Humans are social creatures and having fun socially is almost alway's better for the psyche.
>>
Pros:
You get to fulfill your kinky sex fantasies

Cons:
Everything else.
>>
File: Screenshot 2015-09-17 20.56.53.png (10KB, 1327x94px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 2015-09-17 20.56.53.png
10KB, 1327x94px
>>50134378
Are you this anon?
>>
File: 1463030391586.jpg (16KB, 236x350px) Image search: [Google]
1463030391586.jpg
16KB, 236x350px
>>50134361
>-Fun to play
>-Lots of options
>-Better than video games
>-Social game
>-Requires a bit of a brain

Subjective points presented as fact. D-
>>
>>50134123
I read something about lower suicide rates amongst rpg players but the source was from the 80s or early 90s, when there was lots crazy people saying that rpgs were devil worship and promoted suicide, and the hobby is longer quite as fringe as it was then so the demographic is no longer the same and the results may no longer be true.
>>
>>50137946
>Social game is not social game
>>
Tabletop games are very rewarding, but they require a significant amount of investment compared to most other forms of media. Things like music and movies or TV series can be absorbed passively, you just watch it and follow along. Even videogames, while requiring some degree of learning from the player, do a lot of the hard work behind the scenes. Tabletop games require the learning and understanding of various kinds of system and a willingness to be invested in what you're doing in order to yield the rewards.

They key advantages of that, however, is that your investment can create experiences truly unique to you and your playgroup, and can generate stories and fun social dynamics which are almost unmatched in other forms of entertainment.
>>
Its been said, but socialization. Interaction with human beings is absolutely necessary to play. Which is pretty important in this day and age as people drift further apart.

Point out that it is limited only by the group. It isn't like vidya where there are certain prescripted paths and that's all that can happen. So therefore truly creative problem solving, rather than just figuring out the result to the prescripted puzzle after two dozen tries.

Can be comparatively cheap. All you really need is paper, some dice, and 1 copy of a rulebook. As compared to a game system and games etc etc.

cons are that you can't do it without others. If people cancel your up shit creek.

Everything else is largely subjective opinion.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.