[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have any of you ever had a group successfully figure out

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: ileosa.jpg (2MB, 1116x1474px) Image search: [Google]
ileosa.jpg
2MB, 1116x1474px
Have any of you ever had a group successfully figure out an intricate plot?
>>
>>50119706
No.
>>
>>50119706
Tiddies

Is this a nation of redheaded tiddymonsters?
>>
I would like to figure myself into their intricate plots, if you know what I mean.
>>
>>50119757
I hope so.
>>
problem is a lot of people assume
"Oh my plot is so intricate"
When in reality it's some convoluted story full of autism.
>>
>>50119706
>Pathfinder railroad that requires PCs be absent but aware of multiple scenes for any of it to proceed correctly, featuring a villain with a dirt-simple plan.
Pic is unrelated, I assume.
>>
>>50119835
Wait, so the players have to literally sit through 'cutscenes' their characters aren't present for?
>>
>>50119706
In the sense that they're following the trail of gunpowder right to the weapons-grade explosives, sure.
>>
We usually think they're more intricate than they actually are
>>
File: dejah2.jpg (60KB, 349x468px) Image search: [Google]
dejah2.jpg
60KB, 349x468px
>>50119757
it is. Curse of the Crimson Throne is basically a campaign of psycho bitches. One after the other.

Not really a terribly intricate plot, but it does help to anticipate a villain's intentions and potential allies to figure out what's going on.

I ask the question because of the "Well, who are we supposed to kill?" attitude that seems pervasive.
>>
>>50119706
>Player identified an NPC they've never met based on a description given by a different NPC in an unrelated situation.
I don't do SOIAF-level plots since I don't trust myself to convey all relevant information properly, but I do place a few little easter eggs like this to reward observant players.
>>
File: rodham.png (249KB, 221x483px) Image search: [Google]
rodham.png
249KB, 221x483px
I suppose the first stage of a (let's call it a) "more complicated plot" is for the players to suspect that they are being set-up, and that someone is not telling the whole truth. This goes beyond the "who is the next enemy?" expectation, and more of the "we need to figure out who is lying and why" followed by "what do we do about it? Do we let them think they're successful to see who shows up, or do we confront them/follow them to see who they're working for?" kind of thing. I have never had a group go beyond step one.

ITT: psycho bitches
>>
>>50120329
That's not bad. It's kind of the "guy with the eye patch down at the bar" kind of clue.
>>
>>50119706
Eh, they've got one or two pieces worked out, but nothing truly concrete, yet.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.