[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/ccg/ Custom Card General /cct/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 314
Thread images: 117

File: custom card primer v2.png (2MB, 1400x1800px) Image search: [Google]
custom card primer v2.png
2MB, 1400x1800px
Rise from Your Grave Edition!

To make cards, download MSE for free from here
http://magicseteditor.sourceforge.net/

>Hi-Res MSE Templates
http://pastebin.com/Mph6u6WY

>Mechanics doc (For the making of color pie appropriate cards)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgaKCOzyqM48dFdKRXpxTDRJelRGWVZabFhUU0RMcEE

>Read this before you post your shitty card!
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Jn1J1Mj-EvxMxca8aSRBDj766rSN8oSQgLMOXs10BUM

>Design articles by Wizards
http://pastebin.com/Ly8pw7BR

>Q: Can there be a sixth color?
A: http://pastebin.com/kNAgwj7i

>Q: What's the difference between multicolor and hybrid?
A: http://pastebin.com/yBnGki1C

>Q: What is precedence?
A: http://pastebin.com/pGxMLwc7

>Art sources.
http://www.artstation.com/
http://drawcrowd.com/
http://fantasygallery.net/
http://grognard.booru.org/
http://fantasy-art-engine.tumblr.com/

>Stitch cards together with
http://old.photojoiner.net/

>/ccg/ sets (completed and in development)
http://pastebin.com/hsVAbnMj

OT: >>50048221
>>
File: Ras al Ghul the Demon.jpg (51KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Ras al Ghul the Demon.jpg
51KB, 375x523px
>>50111054
>Rise from Your Grave Edition!
Gladly.

Is it too good to have it recur untapped?
>>
>>50111084
I'd restrict it to sorcery speed, so it's not impossible to attack into.
>>
File: Jay Garrick the Flash3.jpg (43KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Jay Garrick the Flash3.jpg
43KB, 375x523px
>>50111091
You want it sorcery speed so it can't be a surprise blocker, is that what you're saying?
>>
>>50111091
Agreed on this. Has a bit of a Vraska feel with the assassin tokens. It's oddly defensive for a black card though, all told. I don't see much merit in swinging with it pretty much at all, but I suppose there are two types of deathtouch creatures: ones that use it as punishment for trying to stop their "real" effect, or simply defensive removal.
>>
>>50111113
Basically. Because it makes tokens, entering tapped wouldn't make a huge amount of difference.
>>
File: Dracoling.png (253KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Dracoling.png
253KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Amazon Reinforcements.jpg (65KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Amazon Reinforcements.jpg
65KB, 375x523px
>>50111119
>>50111121
Hmm. I'll probably have it and the tokens ETB tapped then, and remove Haste.

>>50111140
Should at least be
>Dragon permanent card in a graveyard
thanks to Tribal. Or just be direct and specify creature.
>>
>>50111158
I think the last line could just be
>Then, return the Aura or Equipment card to the battlefield attached to that token.

Anything trying to do something illegal would just result in the Aura or Equipment staying in the graveyard.
>>
>>50111224
I"ll need some precedence or rules text on the Equipment side, since I'm under the impression that if it tried to attach to the token but couldn't, it would return as en unattached Equipment.

But for now, I'm going to bed. Good night everyone.
>>
>>50111233
I don't think that'd be a big issue as I can't think of many situations where an equipment wouldn't be able to legally attach to the token.
>>
>>50111140
Yeah, "Dragon creature card" would work as a safer wording here. I like it though; never considered that combination of creature types. I think the cost is fine, though the base creature being on-curve already might be a bit much. I get that you want it to be usable otherwise, but maybe 4/3 or 3/4 or something?

>>50111113
I don't know if you need the then here since anthems are always "checking". Unless it's because you don't want an opponent to be able to respond to it?

>>50111158
does this need the "if it could be attached" thing? I mean there are Curses and whatnot that can't attach to them obviously, but I am not sure a card can cause an illegal operation. I guess it's alright for clarity/newbie sake. It's not like the card is super wordy. 3/3 vigilance tokens are pretty strong. This will likely trigger off Auras way more often than it will Equipment, but that's the nature of Auras I guess. Pretty funny with Totem Armor. I think the costing is okay.
>>
File: B commons.jpg (1MB, 1875x1569px) Image search: [Google]
B commons.jpg
1MB, 1875x1569px
>>50111259
Fug, forgot to post my cards.

Black commons up for critique/mockery/tearing apart.
>>
>>50111259
It's not an anthem, it's part of the triggered ability
>>
>>50111276
Yeah I missed that "until end of turn" thing, though it could also just be "Attacking creatures you control get +1/+1 for each +1/+1 counter on ~." Or not, I dunno, kinda tired.
>>
>>50111267
Mixing mono-hybrid and regular mana costs like that looks really messy and doesn't seem interesting to play with.
>>
>>50111267
>CB02
When target creature dies this turn..

>CB05
Not sure about this at common, too many and you can get them all recurring off each other.

>CB09
I'd prefer card advantage in black, rather than looting.

>CB13
This mostly ends up as a worse contaminated
bond

>CB14
I'd be very wary of granting elusive alongside a p/t boost.

You also have a fair chunk of removal at common, although that's not necessarily a bad thing.
>>
>>50111306
Everything I've seen that puts a counter and then has an effect that counts them uses 'Then'
>>
File: Steadfast Giant.png (240KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Steadfast Giant.png
240KB, 375x523px
>>
>>50111340
How so? Set's going to be about 20% gold cards if that matters to you, with shard support. What sort of monohybrid costing do you prefer to see?

>>50111389
>CB02
I should have caught this. Derp. Thanks.

>CB05
That's a lot of mana to be dropping on a bunch of 1/1s, but I see your point as well. I'll consider dumping it to uncommon.

>CB09
That's also fair. I like the idea of the spell, but it needs work. Part of the reason I tossed it up as-is. I really need to post something about my thoughts on the cards when I toss them up; I did it for white and blue, why did I drop the ball here?

>CB13
I was loathe to cost it at B. Thoughts on fixing it up?

>CB14
I had worried about that, but doing a card for UB that fits with the other Auras in the cycle has been kind of a bitch. The blue one grants flying and nobody protested, but I guess under the right circumstances Elusive is better than flying because it doesn't have a Reach, so to speak.

>removal
Black always seems heavier on removal and a bit lighter on creatures to me, but I could be missing some modern design cues. I should probably do some more reading just in case.

>>50111393
Hokay.

>>50111419
Ojutai indestructible? Sure, why not.
>>
>>50111541
Kaladesh has three removal at common and one of those is fairly minor. It's not a problem, just something I'd thought I'd mention.
>>
>>50111584
Hm, well my set is a touch smaller (230 cards opposed to 260+) so I'll try to keep that in mind when I'm doing stuff at higher rarities. I might just pluck something and redo it at uncommon if I need to. Thanks though; if I could do all this myself I wouldn't bother posting. I appreciate it.
>>
File: Canoptic Vessel.jpg (47KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Canoptic Vessel.jpg
47KB, 375x523px
>>50111615
No problem
>>
>>50111654
This is a really weird and somewhat confusing card for such a simple effect.
>>
>>50111675
I'm not particularly please with it either, but I like the ashling effect so I tend to throw it on things if I think I can get away with it.
>>
>>50111654
I feel like this wants to be WB. Also, you need to decide if it's charge counters or soul counters.
>>
File: Abomination.jpg (47KB, 523x375px) Image search: [Google]
Abomination.jpg
47KB, 523x375px
im making a darkest dungeon set, thoughts?
>>
>>50111707
Black can get indestructible just fine if that was the issue. Thanks for the counter catch though.
>>
>>50111711
Intimidate is dead in favor of Menace, if that matters to you.

The card plays oddly. I'm not sure it can die unless you deal 6+ damage to it, so for the cost, it's extremely powerful.
>>
>>50111719
I know it can. It was more of a "feel" thing. It's your card though. I just look at it and expect a WB card.
>>
>>50111711
Whenever ~ deals or is dealt damage, put a <name> counter on it. You may transform ~.

Lifelink, intimidate
Whenever ~ deals damage, remove a <name> counter from it. Then if ~ has no <name> counters on it, transform ~.

>>50111726
It's a trigger, it dies before it can transform.

>>50111733
WB wouldn't fit in with how it wants to play, as it benefits a lot from mill,
>>
File: Occultist.jpg (41KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Occultist.jpg
41KB, 375x523px
>>50111726
i thought you could only transform on your turn
ill add a line saying so just in case you dont have to
>>
File: Husk Reanimator.png (277KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Husk Reanimator.png
277KB, 375x523px
A rather odd intersection of tribes.
Also not sure how out of control the first ability gets in a realistic setting.
>>
File: justice of bant.jpg (2MB, 2250x1046px) Image search: [Google]
justice of bant.jpg
2MB, 2250x1046px
Which version do you think I should include in my set?
>>
>>50113187
The first one. The entire point of them is that they have answers, otherwise it might as well be an instant/sorcery.
>>
File: Kaine Scarlet Spider.jpg (115KB, 752x523px) Image search: [Google]
Kaine Scarlet Spider.jpg
115KB, 752x523px
>>50113187
Left. Didn't you ask this question in the last thread? Eh, I'm not really one to talk, I like making sure a card gets positive feedback several times before I finalize it.

So, are you making a set or something? I feel like it's been a while since I've seen you around.

>>50111752
Transformation can work at any speed, it just depends on the ability it's attached to.

>Occultist
First, you're not using the new card frame, which isn't bad, but considering that you also didn't have the DFC frame, it looks like you need to upgrade your version of MSE. I'll help you, but before I can, quick question, did you install MSE in one of your Program Files folders?

Second, I feel like this needs a second subtype, like Wizard.

Third, you need a comma between mana symbols and tap symbols in activated abilities. For future reference, the order and templating for activated abilities it
>[mana cost], T, [others costs]: [ability]
Of course if it's just one of those things, you don't use commas.
>>
File: Alfred Pennyworth.jpg (48KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Alfred Pennyworth.jpg
48KB, 375x523px
>>50111267
Fuck, who are you again? The anon formerly known as Savage anon?

>CB01
Kinda weird to see a Spider without reach, but it's up to you in the end, and it's not a dealbreaker.

>CB02
Should it be something like
>Choose target creature. When that creature dies this turn, its controller loses 1 life.
Also, feels awkward and clunky. I feel like it might as well just have
>Target player loses 1 life.

>CB03
Uh... huh, no idea about this one. Probably fine though.

>CB04
Cool.

>CB05
Because I'm a fan of Black Exalted, I immediately recognized the art. Duty-Bound Dead. I'm not really feeling the ability here, I guess I just don't like how it comes back attacking. Huh, and now that I'm actually looking up cards, it seems like Wizards really doesn't like things going from the graveyard to the battlefield at common. This'll probably have to be uncommon material at least.

>CB06
Eh... man, I do hate seeing 3/2's for 2B, and then this also has a downside. Though having it for BB seems nice. Although... well, looks like precedent has stepped in again. It looks like in mono-color, only G gets to be this efficient with creatures. Again, it's up to you what to do. Maybe not being able to block can justify the cost, I dunno.

>CB07
Huh. Eh, seems fine I think.

>CB06
Eh... not really sure how to feel about this one. Feels kinda complex I guess. Maybe just Bolt a creature and get 2 life, and if the creature dies this turn, maybe then get a counter? I dunno, that might be too complex too.

>CB09
Weird. What made you come up with this?

>CB10
Seems odd for B to be reactive like this, that's usually more W's thing.

>CB11
Dunno. If it feel like I'm not being very useful when it comes to your hybrid cards, it's just because I'm not a big fan of strictly better cards, I like them to be at least a bit different, but that's my preference, you do whatever.

1/2
>>
File: Grapnel Gun.jpg (40KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Grapnel Gun.jpg
40KB, 375x523px
>>50111267
>>50113706
>CB12
Flavor text seems off. As for the card itself, I think this might deserve to be the 5-cost B common creature removal card of this set.

>CB13
You didn't template this properly. Pic related. That said, I think it would be easier to just say
>Whenever enchanted creature attacks or blocks, its controller loses 3 life unless he or she discards a card at random.
Unsure about cost though. Something tells me it should be more expensive. Could be wrong though.

>CB14
Why discard? I think paying the U should at least net the creature one-turn Curiosity. At this point, you might as well make it a cantrip if U was spent.

>CB15
Huh. Well... Eh, I dunno.

2/2
>>
Red instant that gives all creatures under your control double strike until end of turn.

How would you cost it?
>>
>>50113736
Probably just R more than a sorcery that does the same thing.
>>
>>50113761
Thanks

Are there any rules for how such a thing is madness costed?
>>
>>50113826
Not really, at least as far as I know. Though speaking generally, the Madness cost and mana cost will be different, and the Madness cost will be lower than the mana cost. But again, that's only generally, there are plenty of exceptions.
>>
>>50113409
>>50113372
Yeah I asked this in the last thread but I only got one reply so I wanted some more feedback. I've decided to go with the flash one.
Yeah I'm making a set but progress is very slow since I don't have much downtime.
>>
>>50113927
Give us details. What's the set about? Return to Battle for Shadows over Alara?
>>
>>50112690
You're right about odd. I don't even really know how to judge this. Personally, I think I would've tied the flavor to the Vamps turning what they kill into thralls or something. Like, take the classic Vamp ability, but tweaked so you get tokens instead of counters.
>>
File: Risen Archer.png (254KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Risen Archer.png
254KB, 375x523px
>>
>>50114675
I like the idea, though making it mono-Green is kinda weird.
>>
File: Gloating Laughter.jpg (46KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Gloating Laughter.jpg
46KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Rotted Skitterwing.jpg (45KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Rotted Skitterwing.jpg
45KB, 375x523px
>>
>>50116921
>locking down a land for effectively two turns
Beyond broke.
>>
File: King of All Cosmos.png (238KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
King of All Cosmos.png
238KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Song of Grace.png (225KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Song of Grace.png
225KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Awakened Earthling.jpg (46KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Awakened Earthling.jpg
46KB, 375x523px
>inb4 wastes is not a land type
>>
>>50118103
fuck, i forgot a
>When ~ is turned face up, add two mana in any combination of colors to your mana pool.
>>
File: Ras al Ghul the Demon2.jpg (52KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Ras al Ghul the Demon2.jpg
52KB, 375x523px
>>50111091
>>50111119
>>50111121
New version. Better body, no Haste, and it only makes one token and only on your upkeep. I actually never thought about using it defensively, but I actually kinda like the idea. Ra's definitely seems like the kind of guy who would just let his minions do all the work.
>>
>>50118103
Pointing out your problems doesn't make them go away. This would create a land with the subtype Wastes with no abilities, other than being able to be turned face up through Terramorph.

Regardless, this doesn't seem to me like some huge leap from Morph. What's even the point of this really?
>>
>>50118103
>>50119252
Not to mention that you can't cast lands.
>>
File: Regain.png (253KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Regain.png
253KB, 375x523px
>>
>>50119752
Is this really worth 2 mana?
>>
I'm a little worried about this. Am I putting too much power on one card? I may need to drop it to a 1/2.
>>
>>50121894
it's fine. If you wanted to make it more aligned with modern power level it would be a 3/2.
Are you tryin to have this reflect the power level of older sets or simply the themes?
>>
>>50121979
Ah, you probably didn't notice. It has islandwalk. That means that if an opponent has an island, they can't actually block it. Obviously, raising the power up to 3 would necessitate 1 or even 2 more mana in its cost.

I'm not trying to design a bomb here, just a nice mid-range card.
>>
>>50121894
This wasn't funny the last time you posted this. Or the previous fifteen times.
>>
>>50122038
I've posted it once before, months ago.

But if someone is actually reposting it, I feel a lot better about this joke.
>>
>>50122010
Land walk is weaker then flying, so if a 2/2 for 3 with flying is fine a 3/2 for 4 with island should be fine.
>>
>>50122109
It's not weaker than Flying, it's just far less predictable. Which is why Wizards killed it.
>>
File: no-name.jpg (43KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
no-name.jpg
43KB, 375x523px
What color is this ?
White ?
>>
File: Vengeful Apparition.png (230KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Vengeful Apparition.png
230KB, 375x523px
>>
>>50122418
I guess WB, since it uses a W requirement for a B effect. Remember, W kills things with high power, B kills things with low power.
>>
>>50122418
W or B. It can B if it is a "wide board matters" set, or if it's a "Tap your shit bro" matters set. otherwise generally white.
>>
>>50113706
>who are you?
Ellllllllllvis, mama. No but really, you got it. I finally got a symbol for the set, even if it's shit.

>CB01
I wanted something that made sense to be around people and castles, given the nature of the set, so I went with a Spider. I figured black getting a tiny one was fine if green gets a bigger one with Reach and all that.

>CB02
Fixed based on feedback.

>CB03
It's more of a flavor card than anything, I'll admit, but it also hates on white a little.

>CB04
Thanks.

>CB05
Ah, will swap it. Also will probably toss it into the Uncommon bin, since you're not the only one to point that out. Given the flavor of the set, I wanted to experiment with alternate "regen" substitutes, and figured a military-themed thing might ETB tapped and attacking to make it a bit riskier and limit when the trigger can happen to limit abuse. Missed the mark, I guess.

>CB06
I figured if red could have Boggart Brute, I could get away with this.

>CB09
Yeah I dunno what I did here. I was trying to make an alternate Sign in Blood that's easier to cast, but I made a shit sandwich instead. I'll scrap it and do something else.

>CB10
Well, it already gets -2/-2 for B at instant speed, so I figured slowing it down but making it potentially beefier would be okay, and again, a bit of thematics crept in.

>CB11
This is meant to fall solidly between Assassinate and Death Stroke. I figured that making it hybrid would be a cool way to do that.

>CB12
Yeah not happy with it. I could bump it to 4B. Sound good?

>CB13
Okay, I can do that. It's basically a different Contaminated Bond, as was mentioned. A bit worse, but I didn't want it at B, that's for sure.

>CB14
I'm getting mixed reactions on this, but I can redo the U bit and see where it stands when I post them again later on.

>CB15
It's good, but I don't think it's too good. Though, maybe I'm wrong. Nobody seems to have claimed it was glaringly overtuned or anything. I'll go back and look to be sure.

Thanks man.
>>
>>50122418
Mostly white. A little black for the sole reason that it is able to kill tiny guys. But then again, Whaler's Shot told us that 3 power is big enough for white to kill.
>>
>>50122452
Hm. I kinda like this. I feel like the drawback is at once not enough and just about right. Maybe if you also lost 1 life when it died? I dunno, I kinda don't want to ruin the simplicity of the card.

>>50122418
I'd make it black, personally (assuming monocolor). Black gets Convoke now, which this sort of is, and the potential for it to kill things under 3 power makes me think black is better for it if it has to be monocolored, but if you can do gold cards, WB is ideal. Neat card, by the way. Has a very "the Senate kills Julius Caesar" feel to it.

>>50119752
Considering you can get anything AND a 2/1 to boot with Eternal Witness, this seems expensive. However, I am not privy to the weird shit that you could do by forcing an opponent to reclaim a card, so maybe the cost is justified? It's also instant speed, which is another thing.

>>50119203
This feels a bit better, yeah. Ra's himself is a very able fighter, but would only ever meet someone in combat he sees as an equal. So sending lackeys to do his bidding seems pretty spot-on.

>>50117588
Seems pretty good. Decent combat trick, and with things like Totem Armor Auras, could potentially save a creature too.

>>50117575
Huh. Actually this is a pretty neat way to do this. Using that image makes me feel like it's a joke card, but really it could be quite good in draft or even Standard depending.

>>50116829
I remember this card. People used to really like it, as I recall.
>>
>>50123899
>>50123565
>>50122512
>>50122475
WB then.
>>
File: Ancestral Reflection.png (292KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Ancestral Reflection.png
292KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Grail of Truth.jpg (45KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Grail of Truth.jpg
45KB, 375x523px
This may be one of my personal favorite designs I've ever made
>>
>>50125422
Pretty cool. Spellweaver Volute but for creatures. Probably fine in G, though the copying kinda makes me knee-jerk for GU.

>>50125436
Hard to beat Sol Ring for ramp value, but the draw adds a nice capstone mechanic.

I got nothing to post because commons. Lots of commons. And the next batch ain't done yet.
>>
>>50122452
This is probably too good for the cost and downside. For the most part, it's a Serendib Efreet with less downside. Black also has more than enough ways to kick it out of your graveyard once it's done its thing.

>>50125422
Wizards doesn't do this because it causes memory issues.

An easier way to do it is to exile the chosen creature card, then refer to that. And then it exiles the next and returns the first one like Mimic Vat. It just makes it much easier to track. Also, that is a blue ability.

>>50125436
Not really sure how I feel about this. I don't really understand the flavor, so it just kinda falls into "just value" card.
>>
File: Pack Runner.jpg (49KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Pack Runner.jpg
49KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Imposing Stature.png (270KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Imposing Stature.png
270KB, 375x523px
The ability is white, but that way I'm trying to use it feels anti-white. Which confuses me.
>>
>>50127171
Slap some green or black in there.
>>
File: Kell Forest Alpha.jpg (38KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Kell Forest Alpha.jpg
38KB, 375x523px
>>
>>50127186
I actually just realized how WB it was while I went to do something else. I even wrote it in my post. Must be time for bed.

>>50127215
Definitely not a common.
>>
>>50127237
I can easily drop its power by one.
>>
File: 1475699722477.png (336KB, 1600x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1475699722477.png
336KB, 1600x1000px
Rolled 2, 8, 10, 7, 1 = 28 (5d10)

>>
Rolled 1, 5, 1, 5, 10 = 22 (5d10)

>>50128720
Blue, artifact, mana, CMC 4, common

Not on my comp, sorry
>3U
>Tap an untapped artifact you control: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool. Spend this mana only to cast artifact spells or activate abilities of artifacts.
I hate commons.
>>
File: Imania Roving Seeker.jpg (51KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Imania Roving Seeker.jpg
51KB, 375x523px
A card that I wanted to be token friendly, turn your token-spawning spells and abilities into burn
>>
>>50129296
Looks broken as fuck. I also don't get the color hate since Red is an ally of Black. Really, color hate in enemy color pairs is always kinda weird.
>>
>>50130134
maybe change it to "imania deals 2 damage to a creature target player controls"?
>>
File: Matron of Grants.jpg (57KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Matron of Grants.jpg
57KB, 375x523px
>>
>>50127251
Still wouldn't be a common. A almost always 5/4 with trample for 4 seems really good. Even if it was a 3/4 with trample it would be an okay 4 drop at common.
Just make it 5 mana.
>>
File: Wheel of Reincarnation.png (312KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Wheel of Reincarnation.png
312KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Pensive Vulture.png (201KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Pensive Vulture.png
201KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Highwind Hawk.jpg (53KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Highwind Hawk.jpg
53KB, 375x523px
>>50111054
Now with extra flavor!
>>
>>50131805
I was going off the fact that you can get a 4/4 trample for 2GG at common.
>>
>>50132692
Interesting. I think the lifegain should relate to the exiled card (maybe gain life equal to toughness), but other than that, I like it.
>>
File: nTTCPCK.jpg (48KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
nTTCPCK.jpg
48KB, 375x523px
>>
>>50133800
Shit idea.
>>
>>50133808
Huh... Unsure about this.

>>50133833
Why?
>>
>>50133808
>>50133909
Oh, and who's Sevos? OC?
>>
>>
>>50133923
Sevos is from some random flavor text I saw once.
>>
>>50133938
wut
>>
File: zombieshift.jpg (243KB, 1125x523px) Image search: [Google]
zombieshift.jpg
243KB, 1125x523px
>>
>>50131174
Neat idea, trash execution.
>>
File: Card C9 assion pig.png (286KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Card C9 assion pig.png
286KB, 375x523px
Guys I think we have a winner
>>
>>50134419
Overcosted. :(
>>
>>50133800
Retard.
>>
>>50133325
Peema Outrider is unusual for 4 power creatures with trample, just like Kujara Seedsculptor is a 2/3 for 1G at common.
In strict stats though, a 4/4 with trample for 4 is unprecedented.
>>
>>50134464
>>50134419
9 mana for a card that can attack when its not suposed to, i think thats fair.
(I'm waiting for the ruleing but assion pig might be able to technically attack from the hand, grave or even directly from the library!)
>>
>>50134419
That's one capable assion you got there!
>>
File: Advanced Maneuvers.jpg (45KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Advanced Maneuvers.jpg
45KB, 375x523px
I think that the wording might be off.
>>
Posting cards without art should be banworthy.
>>
>>50134528
Restrictions trump requirements.
>>
File: Card E4 Lysander's Workshop.png (333KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Card E4 Lysander's Workshop.png
333KB, 375x523px
>>50134578
Wording's fine mate, I'd say its a tad under priced (two R/W mana maybe insted of one and one R/W?)
>>
>>50134626
>that flavor text
Linkin Park.
>>
File: Wasteland Tyrant.png (278KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Wasteland Tyrant.png
278KB, 375x523px
>>
>>50134578
I'd just have it switch blockers around, that works for both players.
>>
>>50134674
fair point, anyway to improve?
>>
File: Beastwalker Apostle.png (278KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Beastwalker Apostle.png
278KB, 375x523px
>>
File: assion boy.png (238KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
assion boy.png
238KB, 375x523px
>>50134419
>>50134464
>>50134528
>>50134561
>>50134597
>>
File: Rallying Flag.png (203KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Rallying Flag.png
203KB, 375x523px
>>50131174
Intimidate isn't really a thing anymore. I'd go with menace, instead. I also don't think that you should have to pay mana of the appropriate color - it should just shut down abilities in monowhite. Obviously, you'd have to rework the costing completely.

>>50132115
This is a cool idea. I'd put a "then" between "...exile it." and "Return target creature card..." Also, change "put" to "return", I think. Excellent execution.

>>50133833
>>50134189
>>50134492
This isn't constructive at all. You're bad at this.

>>50134586
As should cardsmith cards.

>>50134597
Not that I'm siding with the obvious troll, but the golden rule of Magic is that card text trumps the comprehensive rules.

>>50134626
Casually returning exiled cards shouldn't really be a thing. Also, the flavor of this card is solidly monowhite.

>>50134687
Clever flavor. Well costed, too. Could be very good in the right deck.

>>50135182
This is a really cool, exciting design. Could be a rare, given how complex it can get.
>>
>>50135450
good point,
But I'm not sure how the flavour text is mono white though
thanks btw
>>
>>50134492
Doodyhead. Seriously, what's your problem?
>>
>>50127171
It should really only be able to enchant a creature you control, thematically speaking.
>>
>>50135450
I like this use of 2brid mana over what others have done recently. You can play it in a nonwhite deck, but white decks can use it at a discount. Mixing 2brid and regular mana is just an uninteresting design exercise in trying to reduce CMCs.
>>
>>50133938
plains into sol ring into turn one 4/4
seemsgood
>>
>>50133938
X mana cost, where X is the amout of lands you have?
>>
File: Scridivore.png (270KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Scridivore.png
270KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Reanimators Gambit.png (288KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Reanimators Gambit.png
288KB, 375x523px
>>
>>50135450
This card is pretty awful. There are better and cheaper artifacts that exist and do the same thing. Do a bit more research before you throw things like this out there.
>>
File: Engulfing Manaslime.jpg (41KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Engulfing Manaslime.jpg
41KB, 375x523px
Did you guys enjoy your two days without me shitting up the thread with weeb cards?

>>50136054
Feels rather abusable, especially since you can end up casting non-creatures. But then, its no less abusable than Show and Tell.

>>50135450
I like it.

>>50135926
I feel like any format where you can play Sol Ring has nastier things to do off a T1 Sol Ring. EDH has the classic Plains, Serra Ascendant shenanigans, and that doesn't even require a Sol Ring.

>>50134586
I disagree. Sometimes I have an idea and want to throw it out for debate and don't want to take the time to go dig for art. Or its an odd concept and so finding working art would take ages. Blocks of artless cards is sort of a pain, and blocks of artless nameless cards even more so, but one-offs aren't a mortal sin.
>>
>>50136177
Your weeb cards are fine. The eternal circlejerking that everyone loves to do isn't. Welcome back.
>>
File: Billy Kaplan Wiccan9.jpg (52KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Billy Kaplan Wiccan9.jpg
52KB, 375x523px
Because giving your i/s spells Overload for 2UR is apparently too good.

>>50136177
I'd like to see this in Commander. Suddenly, everything is slime.
>>
>>50136213
>eternal circlejerking
Like what? I'm sorry, but this sounds suspiciously close to
>Your weeb cards are fine. People liking designs I don't like isn't.
>>
>>50136273
That's not what I'm saying at all. Cry more.
>>
>>50136343
>I'm right and you shouldn't question me. Cry more.
One example. Seriously, just give me one example. I'd really like to see this circlejerking you're talking about.
>>
>>50136379
You've clearly made up your mind about me. This topic is closed.
>>
File: He Who Returns.jpg (49KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
He Who Returns.jpg
49KB, 375x523px
Given Nivix Guildmage, I might bump the cost on the copy up one more to 2UR. Billy's legendary, but he's also a Strionic Resonator and Rings of Brighthearth at the same time.

Good reminder text, though. The shenanigans with Misdirection tend to confuse people.

>slime
Yeah, that was sort of the point. Inspired by that green Ooze from Shadows or Eldritch Moon or something that force-copies on dealing damage.

>thread
What's with all this salt and negativity, guys?

>card
From last thread, now with ten card limit. Dredge-endary and all that.
>>
>>50136521
Might as well slap another 2 onto the cost and give him flying. Dude is a late game Timmy wet dream.
>>
>>50136495
Oh, come on. Seriously, just give me an example, just one.
>>
>>50136521
I dropped my quote somehow. Meant for >>50136249.
>>
File: Massed Mobilization.jpg (40KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Massed Mobilization.jpg
40KB, 375x523px
It's the deathtouch + Pathway Arrows combo in a single card
>>
I went to a closed door WotC playtest and R&D discussion. AMA.
>>
File: Teddy Altman Hulkling.jpg (50KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Teddy Altman Hulkling.jpg
50KB, 375x523px
>>50136521
>Billy
OK, 2UR it is.

>slime
Yeah, that was the first thing I thought of as well. Permeating Mass? Anyway, I just said that because just casting spells is a lot easier than having it survive combat each turn. I mean, I am afraid that it could get rather degenerate. Like, there'd just be a point where anything that isn't a copy of it becomes one very quickly. I mean, if you have weaker creatures or tokens, you could willingly slime them just to get extra triggers. Not entirely sure how to go about limiting it though. Maybe something like "Cast an i/s with CMC greater than the number of +1/+1 counters on ~, it gets a counter and target creature becomes a copy of ~."

Eh, just brainstorming.

>card
Seems a lot cooler now. Though I think >>50136537 has a point. Hmm, maybe mythic too. Which isn't something I normally suggest, mind you. I don't like using mythic rarity as a sort of justification for how powerful a card is, but in this case...

>>50136596
Honestly, I would give it reminder text for DTouch, just to make sure people know what the combo does. Though the odds that Wizards would ever print something like this are pretty low. Maybe... maybe if it were modal and had Escalate, I dunno.
>>
>>50136598
>AMA
Isn't this a Reddit thing? Not using it as an insult, just asking.
>>
>>50136712
It's an internet thing. You used to see it a bunch on Something Awful back in the day.
>>
>>50128720
Why not? Rolling for everything
>>
>>50136177
A vanilla 4/4 at turn one is still crazy good. Turn one options are much more limited in Sol Ring formats than turn two, and often don't require anything on turn one except for a Sol Ring.
>>
Rolled 4, 4, 1, 4, 2, 3 = 18 (6d10)

>>50136748
Fuck. Trying again.
>>
>>50136726
Well, I've never been to SA, so... yeah. Anyway, how's Amonkhet looking? Has Wizards finally found a UB evergreen keyword? Will we get another Planechase set that isn't all reprints (like the anthology) in the foreseeable future?
>>
File: Engulfing Manaslime.jpg (44KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Engulfing Manaslime.jpg
44KB, 375x523px
>>50136701
How does it feel if it doesn't propagate? Sure, your opponents can't turn it back against you if they happen to have instants and sorceries, but you also can't get exponentially more triggers.

Specifying "non-Ooze" forces you to either run an Ooze deck or not cast I/S when you have other creatures out, or you might have to slime them too.
>>
>>50136790
Amonkhet is looking really, really solid. I think this is going to be one of the most fun blocks as far as tournaments go. Tons of fun mechanics and some twists on older mechanics. Team matches are going to be really fun. Think Archenemy styles of games as well.

No word on UB keywords from the stuff I saw. Sad, really.

I didn't see anything Planechase-esque.
>>
File: Danton Black Multiplex3.jpg (44KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Danton Black Multiplex3.jpg
44KB, 375x523px
>>50136854
>Amonkhet
Ooh, what're the mechanics?

>UB
Aw... I'm sure one day they'll get it. Oh, have they found a better substitute for Regen than Indie? Have they found a substitute for Hexproof?

>Planechase
Yeah, not too surprised. Oh well.

>>50136832
>How does it feel if it doesn't propagate?
Being totally honest, far less interesting. Uh... well, easiest solution is to just attach a cost to the ability.

And speaking of copies, how's this? I should probably up the cost, right? Uh... 3UU? 4UU?
>>
>>50136854
>return of Archenemy
FUCK THAT
>>
>>50136954
Uh, anon...

http://magic.wizards.com/en/content/archenemy-nicol-bolas-info
>>
File: 1478338222502.jpg (20KB, 552x526px) Image search: [Google]
1478338222502.jpg
20KB, 552x526px
>>50136972
DELET
>>
>>50136991
>personal
>not "personnel"
For shame.
>>
>>50136991
>>50137069
But really, why do you not like Archenemy?
>>
>>50137096
i frickin love archenemy
>>
>>50137096
Tons of shitty gimmicks Magic never needed.

Tons of just bullshit that made it the least fun thing ever.
>>
File: 0 Blue Commons Second Draft.jpg (1MB, 2625x1046px) Image search: [Google]
0 Blue Commons Second Draft.jpg
1MB, 2625x1046px
>Rise from Your Grave Edition!
I live, and I bring with me blue commons.
>>
File: 0 White Commons Third Draft.jpg (967KB, 2625x1046px) Image search: [Google]
0 White Commons Third Draft.jpg
967KB, 2625x1046px
>>50137581
Also, updated white commons
>>
>>50137581
>>50137581
The art for CUO1 is in use for the card Maelstrom Djinn.
>>
File: Seagraf Stitcher.png (262KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Seagraf Stitcher.png
262KB, 375x523px
>>
File: The Necrodancer3.jpg (50KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
The Necrodancer3.jpg
50KB, 375x523px
Eh. Tried to show control over creatures through rhythm.
>>
>>50138353
Do you know what makes a Spellshaper a Spellshaper?
>>
File: 72.jpg (55KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
72.jpg
55KB, 312x445px
>>50138435
Enlighten me.
>>
>>50138531
Huh, must've missed that one. Sorry, it's just we've had a few people here who make Spellshapers with random effects without knowing that they're supposed to mimic cards.
>>
File: Kessig Iconoclast.jpg (51KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Kessig Iconoclast.jpg
51KB, 375x523px
>>50138353
>>50138531
>>50138588
Decided to try it myself. Don't have good art on-hand though. Not entirely sure about making a non-transforming werewolf, but limitations.
>>
File: Stasis Field.jpg (39KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Stasis Field.jpg
39KB, 375x523px
Something to freeze lands, I guess it's like Sleep Paralysis
>>
File: Glacial Wave.jpg (40KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Glacial Wave.jpg
40KB, 375x523px
>>50139220
Memory issues. Also not formatted correctly, because permanents don't remember their X until they hit the battlefield. Needs to be formatted like Quarantine Field.

>As ~ enters the battlefield, distribute X stasis counters among any number of lands.
>When ~ enters the battlefield, tap each land with a stasis counter on it. They don't untap during their controller's untap step for as long as you control ~.

>card
Related idea.
>>
File: Kate Kane Batwoman3.jpg (55KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Kate Kane Batwoman3.jpg
55KB, 375x523px
>>50139220
Oh for- Use this.
>~ enters the battlefield with X stasis counters on it.
>When ~ enters the battlefield, for each stasis counter on it, tap target land an opponent controls. Those lands don't untap during their controllers' untap steps for as long as you control ~.
>>
>>50136177
Welcome back? I honestly didn't notice you were missing. Though, I doubt anyone would notice if I went MIA either. Though /CO/anon did once, even though I was actually posting in that very thread. It was touching.

>>50137581
>>50137646
Also welcome back. Liking Evoke as your UR mechanic so far if CU01 is any indication of how you'll use it. Fade from View seems new? Basic combat trick cantrip; seems fine. Aside from the change to your hybrid costs (well-advised by the way) everything seems fairly similar to what I saw before in blue.

You know, as a setmaker (again, ugh), maybe we should post changelogs when we put up walls of cards so people know what we did? It can be hard to keep track of what's changed unless you have a really good memory or save collages and compare them on reposts, but who would actually do that? Just a thought. I suggested it to /CO/anon too, for his cards, since he goes through so many iterations I can't remember what numbers he's on per character.

For white, for Ambush, I am on the fence about cards like Tribal Iconoclast. I guess a 3/3 for 4 is pretty standard, but only getting anything out of it when you Ambush it feels... meh. I mean, maybe it's just me. I think maaaybe CW06 can be cheaper, now that it doesn't enable double strike so easily. I'd take Vigilance off the camels for simplicity and space's sake, but it's honestly fine this way too. I'd crop the flavor text if you keep it as such though.

>>50138708
Collars? Anyway you could also go Wolfir but I get that Werewolf is part of the joke and makes more sense overall. Card seems fine to me; would be great in certain draft environments. Feels a bit like a guildmage, and I like those AND spellshapers a lot.

>>50138389
This made me chuckle. It's hard to say how balanced it is because untap costs are inherently abusable, but as this is, I can't say I see much wrong with it. From what I know of the game, it's a great translation.
>>
>>50139294
>no "Lesbians you control get +1/+1."
The funky goad/cower ability is... well, funky. It's a pure red ability though and so she could be monored if you wanted. U can also provoke/goad as well, if you still want a gold card out of her. Cost and body seems fine, I think. Sometimes it's hard to tell what the threshold is for additional "oomph" Legends are allowed compared to non-Legendary cards.

>>50139251
I like this, but since blue cares about debuffs based on power (-N/-0 effects), you could do it the other way too. And especially since 2/3s are becoming all the rage with WotC, it might not be a bad idea.

>>50138353
Gotta comment on this one too. Nice use of a Flashback card on a body as a guildmage Spellshaper. Along with that other guy's submission, these are my favorite cards I've seen today, though my one tiny quibble is that I didn't like Zombies in blue in Innistrad, but that doesn't stop me from recognizing a clever card.
>>
>>50139294
Menace actually makes her activated ability weaker.
>>
File: Risen Hydra.png (241KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Risen Hydra.png
241KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Giant Penny2.jpg (48KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Giant Penny2.jpg
48KB, 375x523px
How do you cost colorless removal?

>>50139299
>Though /CO/anon did once, even though I was actually posting in that very thread. It was touching.
Well I'm glad you liked it. But it was kinda hard to tell who you were then, especially as you didn't have a set symbol then. And I'm garbage at telling people apart here. If I just saw text from all the regulars, I'd only be able to tell which belonged to Kazy by the use of emotes. Hey, where has that guy gone anyway?

>Collars?
Yes. Should I change the flavor text?

>Necrodancer
Thanks, glad you liked it. Though if this gave you a chuckle, I wonder how you would've reacted to the version where I forgot how T and Q work together on the same card and didn't attach mana costs to them.

>>50139379
>Batwoman
Ability is from Boros Battleshaper. And yeah, sometimes it is hard to tell just how much better a legend can be for just being a legend.

>>50139491
Thanks for pointing that out.
>>
>>50139552
This is the only card in this thread that could actually be a real card.
>>
>>50139650
>How do you cost colorless removal?
Check the Eldrazi-flavored colorless cards? I think they did some. An artifact could cost about the same.

>hard to tell who you were
I only use a set symbol on my cards when it's relevant because I believe they should stand on their own merits if they are one-offs, and it's useful to tell that they belong together if they are for a set. I have little interest in any kind of notoriety. Though I guess there's some modicum of "accountability" to symbol/name/tripgfagging because as an anon you don't have to be as careful about how or what you post, and that's not necessarily a bad thing. though it doesn't matter with me because I usually post with cards attached if I have anything to post in that regard and I own up to my fuckups 8/10 times anyway.

>collars
Implication is funnier.

>Batwoman
That's fair; I'll admit I didn't even parse it in Gatherer before I responded. I usually assume Legends can be as strong as rares, but only deserve to be Legends if they're the type of card you just can't allow a player to have two of.

>>50139552
Hm. Casting from the yard is powerful as hell but it has no evasion, can't block, and is just a basic bitch fatty so I don't see why not, especially at 2 mana before it even GETS a power or toughness.
>>
>>50139758
This is the only post in this thread that could actually be the dumbest post, especially since there are a few reprints and actual cards posted.
>>
>>50139758
>>50139552
"GB: Get an ETB, death, and creature cast trigger" is just asking to be abused. I can image dumb Zulaport Cutthroat shenanigans, or Diregraf Colossus shenanigans.

At least Gravecrawler has a restriction.
>>
>>50139788
>this offended that his shitty cards were left out of my statement
Just try being less shit, dumbass.
>>
>>50139758
are you retarded?
>>
>>50139828
Stop being such a bitch, dude.
>>
File: Soul Bind.png (226KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Soul Bind.png
226KB, 375x523px
>>
>>50139864
>>
>>50139650
Vial of Dragon costs 2 to cast and 2 to activate for 2 damage

There's one from shadows that costs 1 to cast and three to activate for 2 to a creature or player

Seems like 4 total for 2, split up over several different costs
>>
>>50139809
Ooh yeah, that's a problem. I didn't even think of that.

>>50139864
I almost want this to cost U/B.
>>
>>50139864
Incredibly undercosted. Should either be 2U or multiple colors.
>>
File: Carol Danvers Ms. Marvel.jpg (56KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Carol Danvers Ms. Marvel.jpg
56KB, 375x523px
>>50137581
No response just means "Eh." Or because they have mechanics I don't want to comment on.

>CU01
Does it really need to be 4U? Not 3U? Also, no Flying? Wait, I said that already, didn't I?

>CU02
Hmm. Usually Blue's Defenders that can still attack are bigger, but I guess it's OK.

>CU05
Eh, I don't really like how the card's being Blue is pretty much arbitrary here. Maybe do something like in Ravnica, where it's mono-Blue with a Blue ETB effect but Green static or activated abilities, and it dies on entry unless you pay Green. Like Patagia Viper or something.

>CU06
Well, Wizards let R Scry on attack to, but it seems fine.

>CU08
Mono-U hard counter with only one U in the cost? I thought that war haram.

>CU09
Why not hybrid all the way? Too cheap? Wait, why is it so expensive? Shouldn't this be, like 1U without hybrid?

>CU14
Does repeatable recursion like this exist at common? I mean, I think it's costed fine, but still.

>>50137646
>CW03
Jesus that seems like an enormous cost. Not even something like Lifelink?

>CW05
Maybe I'm just being picky, but this goes back to what I said earlier about the color of the card itself feeling arbitrary. I mean, at least with CW04, W contributes something to the card.

>CW08
I'm surprised it doesn't some trinket text as a cheeky reference to Camel and its Desert interaction.

>CW12
Really? No restriction, no drawback other than being expensive? Though even then, it's not really that much worse than some already existing cards.
>>
>>50140027
There's no reason for it to cost more than essence scatter
>>
File: Profane Calling.png (203KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Profane Calling.png
203KB, 375x523px
>>
>>50140052
Pardon me, Wizards.
>>
>>50140077
Well if you wanted a strictly worse version I guess you could.
>>
>>50140055
>>
>>50139773
>Implication is funnier.
As in, don't use flavor text?

>>50139944
Hmm, well, looks like my thought of 2 mana for every 1 damage was more or less correct then.
>>
File: Untimely Rebirth.jpg (40KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Untimely Rebirth.jpg
40KB, 375x523px
>>50140108
This is a cool meme, anon. Say it again.
>>
>>50140226
This is the only post in this thread that could actually be the dumbest post.
>>
File: Draconic Rebirth.png (290KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Draconic Rebirth.png
290KB, 375x523px
>>
File: 45973967.jpg (110KB, 720x1003px) Image search: [Google]
45973967.jpg
110KB, 720x1003px
>>
>>50140133
I meant what you already have as flavor text, actually. Or nothing would work too; people either get it or they don't. Or you could get rid of the text and change the name to something implicit instead.

>>50140055
I feel like this should be more expensive only because it lets you swing AND get a card back, but I'll admit I didn't check Gatherer so I could be wrong here.

>>50140226
Oh quit feeding him. Or don't, I guess; its not like he's doing anything but eat post count and we can just make a new thread.

>>50140278
This wording is probably better than Animate Dead's updated Oracle text, so sure, why not.
>>
File: 1478497662225379.png (276KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
1478497662225379.png
276KB, 375x523px
>>
>>50140374
>>
>>50140374
>no pocket sand
Murder yourself.
>>
File: Gentleman Cambion.jpg (54KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Gentleman Cambion.jpg
54KB, 375x523px
>>50140278
I feel like it should cost a premium over "regular" reanimation since it also grants Flying and Haste.
>>
>>50140407
Why?
>>
File: Brain Damage.png (196KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Brain Damage.png
196KB, 375x523px
>>
File: 1478498105103962.png (309KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
1478498105103962.png
309KB, 375x523px
>>50140374
>>
File: 1478498371577836.png (268KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
1478498371577836.png
268KB, 375x523px
>>
>>50140486
who?
>>
>>50140505
>he doesn't know the creator of canv.as
shiggy
>>
File: Everbloom Seedling.png (229KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Everbloom Seedling.png
229KB, 375x523px
>>
File: 1478499007254438.png (234KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
1478499007254438.png
234KB, 375x523px
>>50140443
>>
File: 1478499185971457.png (280KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
1478499185971457.png
280KB, 375x523px
>>50140604
>>
File: 1477605398954918.png (323KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
1477605398954918.png
323KB, 375x523px
>>
>>50140430
Neat Fatespinner take on types instead of phases/steps. I think Fatespinner is a bit easier to grok though since you don't have to keep checking the card to be sure you're associating the right brain sectors with the right types and the random factor ads a bit of extra stall while you determine then reference the card.

>>50140599
Flavorful, but I get the feeling abusable somehow. Like, sac engine + something that makes it enter with a +1/+1 counter on it could set up a loop.
>>
>>50140718
>I get the feeling abusable somehow
Name a card that isn't abuseable though.
>>
>>50140729
Storm Crow.
>>
>>50140729
Pretty much any vanilla creature ever.
>>
>>50140746
>>50140765
Incorrect. Completely abuseable with the right setup.
>>
>>50140746
You can pitch it to Force of Will, the most degenerate anti-degenerate card.
>>
>>50140729
I should have said "easily abusable" I guess.

>>50140746
Leave him out of this!
>>
File: Image (1).jpg (33KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (1).jpg
33KB, 223x310px
>>50140804
Why is she so perfect bros?
>>
>>50140688

Isn't tapping a creature more of a White or Blue thing? What about this instead?...

>Crush 3 (Whenver this creature is blocked, it deals 3 damage divided as you choose to any number of creatures blocking it.)

Or if you're intent on trying to create a anti-block power (even though this creature being sampled already has Menace and Trample):

>Crush 3 (This creature cannot be blocked by creatures with toughness 3 or lower.)
>>
>>50140918
Nah.
>>
File: Youling.png (251KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Youling.png
251KB, 375x523px
>>
>>50137581
CU05 has the potential yo be confusing because of the "how much mana did you spend" mechanic. Could trip people up.
>>
>>50137646
>mixing convoke, 2brid mana and regular mana
I'm not a fan.

Also, the 2/4 deathtoucher is too bad even for a trash common.
>>
>>50139809
GB isn't even that cheap. And Gravecrawler's downside is super easy to overcome.
>>
>>50140818
Fun fact: Rebecca Guay used her lesbian lover as a model for this card.
>>
>>50141891
Gravecrawler also requires a sac outlet to actually loop. This doesn't.
>>
>>50133938
Turn 1 Spirit Guide (either of them) or Lotus Petal into a 4/4 seems good. I suppose you could even play a land afterwards and do something else.

Also works with any of the sol-lands.
>>
File: UB04 Glowering Envoy.jpg (42KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
UB04 Glowering Envoy.jpg
42KB, 375x523px
>>50139299
Hey, thanks for the feedback! Sandsweeper Spirit is completely new, replacing Exor's Bookkeeper. Mirage Weaver now has evoke. Winds of Passivity picked up the vacant Pinnacle slot left by Exor's Bookkeeper. Touch of the Duat had its cost altered and lost a cantrip; Fade from View had its cost altered and gained a cantrip. Monohybrid mana became 2/X across the board. Other than that, they're largely the same, and will stay that way as long as I feel they're in a good place design-wise and no one else has any strenuous objections.
>>50137941
And it's such good art too, what a shame. Fixed.
>>50140042
>Does it really need to be 4U? Not 3U?
In a vacuum, the evoke cost definitely doesn't need to be 4U and could be lowered. I costed it at 4U specifically to enable set mechanics.
>No flying?
Not all of the djinn/efreet have flying in the block, mainly because I worry either about giving specific designs evasion or about inundating the set with too many fliers. This was a decision made based on the latter worry, but I can revisit it once the other blue commons are finalized.
>Eh, I don't really like how the card's being Blue is pretty much arbitrary here.
I designed it similarly to Embodiment of Spring, which has a similarly "arbitrary" blue cost but only properly and fully functions with green mana. I don't like the Patagia Viper method because I feel that it penalizes players for not drafting a very particular way, and I want to push multicolor drafting without making it the mandatory decision (and therefore no decision at all).
>Mono-U hard counter with only one U in the cost?
I can make it conditional.
>Wait, why is it so expensive? Shouldn't this be, like 1U without hybrid?
Voidwalk has it at 3U with cipher. I took it down a rarity and nixed the extra ability, but moved it from sorcery to instant speed. 2UU seemed like a good place for it, comparatively.
>Does repeatable recursion like this exist at common?
Midnight Recovery, Necromantic Thirst

Cont.
>>
>>50142263
>>50140042
>Jesus that seems like an enormous cost. Not even something like Lifelink?
It's huge, and can be convoked out in colors with token support. Convoke commons are generally overcosted from what I've seen.
>CW05
The idea is that, in order to get the full effect of the card, one needs to draft or build along its multicolored faction lines. However, not doing so will not preclude one from using the card (a pretty standard body for a white common), but rather limit its full potential. I want to encourage multicolor drafting without necessitating it.
>Really? No restriction, no drawback other than being expensive?
Nope. Why would it need one?
>Carol Danvers, Ms. Marvel
Clean design, I like it. Although the soldier subtype is a bit confusing, probably because I'm unfamiliar with the character.

Thanks for all of the feedback, /CO/anon.
>>50141850
It could, which is why I kept the total cost including the triggered ability under five mana. The threshold for the "mana you spent" effects in the block is generally at five, so hopefully keeping this below that line will prevent confusion even in players who confuse the casting cost with paying for the triggered ability.
>>50141878
>mixing convoke, 2brid mana and regular mana
>I'm not a fan
Could you elaborate?
>Also, the 2/4 deathtoucher is too bad even for a trash common.
It's comparable to other white commons of similar cost. What would you suggest?
>>
>>50136937
Monastery Mentor already gets way out of control on its own. I don't think the color that pretty much only plays noncreature spells should get something like this.
>>
>>50142778
OK, so, what do you think? Something like 3WU? Maybe throw G in there?
>>
>>50142355
>Nope. Why would it need one?
Because that's how Wizards is doing W creature destruction now, more or less.
>>
File: Doctor Strange11.jpg (48KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Doctor Strange11.jpg
48KB, 375x523px
Blurg
>>
>>50141945
But anon this is a dude
>>
>>50144480
Hahahahahaha
>>
>>50145198
Yeah, I dunno either. I've been trying to make a card for him for a while, just kinda frustrated now I guess.
>>
File: Matron of Grants.jpg (57KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Matron of Grants.jpg
57KB, 375x523px
>>50135450
>>50131174

Thanks for the feedback, reworked in monowhite. Not sure if I like the adjust to CMC.
>>
>>50146465
>1W: Creatures attacking you lose your choice of first strike, trample, flying, or menace until end of turn.
>>
>>50146624

...Yeah, that's much easier. Thanks!
>>
File: Skyshroud Orphan.jpg (49KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Skyshroud Orphan.jpg
49KB, 375x523px
>>
>>50148258
Nothing about this feels G.
>>
>>50148457
It's Selesnya at its finest. Are you mentally handicapped?
>>
>>50145240
You'll get it. We believe in you!
>>
File: Card C6 Crushing Contraption.png (350KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Card C6 Crushing Contraption.png
350KB, 375x523px
>>50140688
Thanks for posting my card pal!
>>50140918
and thank you for the advice
>>
File: Goblin Scarecrows.jpg (45KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Goblin Scarecrows.jpg
45KB, 375x523px
>>
>>50148258
I feel like the tokens should have Defender.
>>
File: download.jpg (150KB, 750x523px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
150KB, 750x523px
>>50148822
Why? I sure don't. Jesus, I'm in one of my phases again. But really, do you have any ideas for Dr. Strange? I fucking hate magic characters, both just in comics and in this set, because the vast majority of them just boil down to "Does whatever the writer wants."

>>50148895
I don't understand the first mode at all. Like, does it just deal the same amount of damage to that player again or what?

>>50149186
Use either
>When this creature dies during combat
or
>When this creature dies, if it was dealt combat damage this turn
I think. OK, not 100% sure on the second one.

And here are two versions of John because I don't know which to use.
>>
File: Tomb of Clouds.jpg (34KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Tomb of Clouds.jpg
34KB, 375x523px
>>50150746
I prefer the latter, but I also hate Top, and Super-Top by extension.

>card
I'm on sort of a creative low at the moment.
>>
>>50150876
>Fuck you Jhoira.
>>
File: Cloud Giants Wrath.jpg (42KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Cloud Giants Wrath.jpg
42KB, 375x523px
>>50150975
Also turns your flickers into permanent exiles. And shuts off Cascade.

So it's sort of a "Fuck you Jhoira, Brago, and Maelstrom Wanderer."

>card
Related idea. Might need a cost bump, but its ultimately a temporary answer.
>>
File: Stormy Knight Phantom Lady2.jpg (47KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Stormy Knight Phantom Lady2.jpg
47KB, 375x523px
Same Stormy as last time, just trying to reach a consensus. Which I still feel a need to do with PG, but I feel bad for spamming that one.

>>50151081
>Flicker
Oh shit. Now that I think about it, I'm not sure of that cost. Or maybe something so it doesn't turn Flicker spells into better Swords?

>>50151081
>with three time counters on it.
So, it can only hit creatures with three time counters on them already? No, I know what you're doing, but this is why I always recommend saying
>Exile target creature. Put three time counters on the exiled card. If it [...]
Or something similar. But yeah, also not sure on cost, sorry. It's really just a longer flicker though, and you don't want to use it on your stuff much, so it's less flexible.
>>
File: Gravebound Bride.jpg (49KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Gravebound Bride.jpg
49KB, 375x523px
>>50151248
I figured "Exile ____ with three time counters on it." was sufficient due to Delay and Epochrasite's wording, but they also don't feature a technical targeting clause, so I can understand the confusion. Fixed it to be more clear though.

Tomb got bumped up to 4.

>Stormy
I sort of want her to have either Offensive Hexproof or be a super Mistmeadow Witch, not do both.
>>
File: Alec Holland Swamp Thing.jpg (62KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Alec Holland Swamp Thing.jpg
62KB, 375x523px
Swamp Thing. I'm really sorry about this, but I honestly can't remember if I've ever gotten feedback for this design. If it's good, I'll chuck it into the finished folder and you guys will never see it again. Still have to design his daughter though.

>>50151472
>Stormy
Fuck. Well, one more for the bin.

>Gravebound
This seems like it could cause issues if people aren't super familiar with how exactly Persist works. It took me a while to remember that there's an Aura that gives out Undying which makes me thinks this works.
>>
>>50150876
I think tomb is narrow enough to be 3. I think it could probably even be 2, going by grafdigger's cage. (Even if I think such a strong hate card is hilariously undercosted)
The card is basically about the same scope as containment priest.
>>
File: Workshop Boss.png (202KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Workshop Boss.png
202KB, 375x523px
>>
>>50154732
Seems cool. Though it's really begging for another card for a pair, maybe an Elf, that deals with doubling +1/+1 counters.
>>
File: Murderous Strike.jpg (39KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Murderous Strike.jpg
39KB, 375x523px
>>
>>50154760
Pretty sure it's a riff on Steamflogger Boss.
>>
>>50155420

Hmm. I guess you couldn't just say "Destroy target nonvanilla creature."
>>
File: Tenacious Ghoul.jpg (35KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Tenacious Ghoul.jpg
35KB, 375x523px
>>
>>50155535
"Destroy target creature with one or more abilities"?
>>
>>50155670
This would probably be a keyword rather than an ability word, as I assume "reanimate" is always going to bring a creature from the graveyard to battlefield tapped no matter what the individual card is.
>>
File: New Expedition.png (276KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
New Expedition.png
276KB, 375x523px
>>
>>50152276
Something tells me you could just
>Sacrifice a land creature:
Leaves it open to other interactions that I don't think would be too super broken.
>>
Huh MaRo just confirmed that R&D are forbidden from looking at unsolicited designs/custom cards
>>
>>50157741
Pretty sure he's said that before.
>>
>>50157741
Pretty sure he's said that a long time ago. It's also listed on his blog.
>>
>>50157741
How new are you? That's "confirmed" all the fucking time. At least twice a week on his tumblr.
>>
>>50157741
All that is is plausible deniability. It's a safety net to fall back on when it inevitably happens so they can say "lol parallel designing I guess? great minds and all that"
>>
File: Transpose.png (207KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Transpose.png
207KB, 375x523px
>>50157741
Of course, that doesn't preclude them from doing it anyways.

Forgot to swap artist credit
>>
>>50157741
Pretty much what >>50158262 and >>50158272 said, they're just covering their asses. Imagine if some prick came along and tried to sue Wizards or get royalties or something because there's a Magic card Wizards made that's similar to this guy's card. Wizards would point out how they don't look at custom cards, so there's obviously no merit to any if it. And if it did turn out one guy did happen to get the idea by looking at /ccg/ or something, Wizards would say that one guy was acting independently and drop his ass on the spot. It would be kinda interesting to know what would happen if they did print a stolen design though and people knew about it. I imagine Wizards would sinply never print the card again.
>>
File: Appeal To Honor.jpg (44KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Appeal To Honor.jpg
44KB, 375x523px
>>
>>50140623
>mana is just out of a t3 ton
But I want to spend half my life to lel
>>
File: Test.jpg (484KB, 1124x1044px) Image search: [Google]
Test.jpg
484KB, 1124x1044px
Here are some quick card I made to break the ice and get my noodle going. Thoughts and critiques always welcomed.
>>
>>50163282

First off, it's difficult to tell from your set symbol if some of those cards are common or uncommon. Have at least a couple wider lines for readability.

>Sanctify Armor
Decent, if aggressively costed. I probably can't get that value for 1WW in two cards, and I'd need to waste an extra card.

>Flashback Prodigy
Blue's pretty much always going to have cards ready for this. Make it +1/+1 and this is very competitive.

>Twisted Transformation
Nothing wrong with this, but... I feel like something else should happen to the creature.

>Flare Adept
Too much utility at that cost. Either make him 1R or make the ability cost RX.

>Wild Hunt
No problems here. Since Overgrowth isn't a keyword ability, you don't need the 4, you can just say Overgrowth -- effect text.

>Leyline Crystalith
No issues here. Nice art.
>>
>>50164257
thanks for the feedback! Im glad none of these are glaringly terrible.

>Since Overgrowth isn't a keyword ability, you don't need the 4, you can just say Overgrowth -- effect text.
Thank you, im still learning the nuances of keywords so ill make this change.

>>Flare Adept
>Too much utility at that cost. Either make him 1R or make the ability cost RX.
First draft was actually changed to 1R, I suppose I'll change it back.

>>Twisted Transformation
>Nothing wrong with this, but... I feel like something else should happen to the creature.
Hm, maybe it can change type or get a counter. I'll think about it.
>>
>>50163282
Let's talk wording and templating.

>Twisted Transmutation
Either
>As an additional cost to cast ~, sacrifice a land.
or
>You may sacrifice a land. If you do...
and then either
>Return target creature card from your graveyard to the battlefield tapped.
or
>Put target creature card from a graveyard onto the battlefield tapped.
You can only "return" things from your graveyard. Weird quirk of templating these effects.

>Flare Adept
>X, T, Reveal an instant or sorcery card from your hand with converted mana cost X: Flare Adept deals X damage to target creature or player.
The reveal should be part of the cost, because otherwise you could fail to reveal (because your hand is a hidden zone and you can fail to find a card with CMC X) and the rest of the effect would do its best to resolve.

>Wild Hunt
>Overgrowth -- If you control four or more lands, that creature gets an additional +1/+1 and gains reach until end of turn.
I assume you want the total effect to be +3/+3 and not +5/+5. Either way, you gain abilities temporarily. "Has"/"Have" is reserved for continuous effects.

>Leyline Crystalith
>T: Add X mana in any combination of colors to your mana pool, where X is the number of charge counters on ~.
Is how I'd do it, but there are many equivalent results here.
>>
File: Dwindle.jpg (36KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Dwindle.jpg
36KB, 375x523px
Don't know if it's ability to be hard removal if they don't have a lesser creature is to much.
>>
>>50166114
Considering you can just straight stick a creature card on top of its owner's library for 3U as an instant, or 2U at sorcery speed with an upside at uncommon, I'd say it's fine as it is.
>>
>>50148895
>Whenever ~ attacks and isn't blocked, you may have it assign no combat damage this turn. If you do, defending player sacrifices a land at random.
Read some fucking oracle text jesus christ
>>
>>50166242
It does shuffle regardless if they search or not, so you think I should get rid of that?
>>
>>50166262
Hm. Well you're not going to get someone who doesn't search unless you cast it on a CMC1 creature for some reason, so they'll always at least get something out of the deal, and they will opt for the search given the mandatory shuffle. So you can probably keep it. It can backfire hardcore on you too, depending. You might let them grab something they want more instead.
>>
>>50166355
That was basically my only concern, whether the potential for them to end up with nothing was an acceptable break.
>>
>>50166114
This is essentially a better polymorph as they don't have the chance of hitting something better. Though it is controlled in a way that they get something slightly worse than what they had on the field.
Should still be a sorcery, however.
>>
>>50167525
Polymorph does have its uses for yourself as well, but sorcery is a fair call.
>>
File: total.jpg (548KB, 1500x1046px) Image search: [Google]
total.jpg
548KB, 1500x1046px
Blightmoth is essentially an Armored Transport as a vehicle and a safe place for your creatures.
Watcher in the Spire brings back an artifact when it dies.
Spire Titan for taking advantage of a ton of artifacts, especially in combat.
Spire Runner, similar to Ishkanah.
Stack Overflow to shrink a nonland permanent.
Serra's Gift is lifelink for artifacts when they block.
Low Gravity to force an opponent to skip their combat phase.
>>
>>50167768
also forgot to remove "this" in watcher in the spire and cosmic rock flat for mana or finding copies of itself
>>
File: NeokKamigawa.jpg (484KB, 1126x1046px) Image search: [Google]
NeokKamigawa.jpg
484KB, 1126x1046px
>>50167768
One day magic will go full cyber. Cant fucking wait.
>>
>>50167882
>Holographic Barrier
Good stuff. Worth the price for flash, toughness, and totem armor.
>First Response Suit
It could be cheaper to put into the battlefield, maybe 1R instead of 2R, pretty similar to Swiftfoot Boots.
>>
File: Waylighter.jpg (35KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Waylighter.jpg
35KB, 375x523px
>>
>>50168528
Utility seems a touch high since you can also untap things that didn't attack. Also, untapping creatures straight up with no tap utility is probably more green than white these days, though I suppose white and blue could do it too.
>>
File: 179[1].jpg (62KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
179[1].jpg
62KB, 312x445px
>>50168528
I agree with >>50168913 in that this is more Green or Blue than White.
>>
>>50168913
>>50168954
I can switch it to an activated ability for vigilance.
>>
File: Mountain.png (302KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Mountain.png
302KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Border Wall.png (287KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Border Wall.png
287KB, 375x523px
>>
File: index.jpg (423KB, 1875x523px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
423KB, 1875x523px
Should these be uncommon? Are any too trash to even be common?
>>
>>50169538
Considering most the these effects have equivalent Sorcery or Instant spells at the same or less cost, they are quite poor.
>>
File: Bluff.jpg (37KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Bluff.jpg
37KB, 375x523px
Is there any way to make this work at common? Also, would it be better for it to reveal the one pile instead of the two pile?
>>
>>50169320

Give it cumulative Upkeep of like 5c.
>>
>>50169677
Fact or Fiction and Fortune's Favor are both uncommon by complexity and power level. I don't think there's much need to put one at common.
>>
>>50169320
I'm not sure you can create copies of cards referencing other than themselves with an ability that's written in that way. At the very least, it's a bit clumsy or awkward if Border Wall gets destroyed while the ability is on the stack.

>Non-wall creatures you control have: "1W, T: Create a 0/2 Wall creature token with defender (named Border Wall.)

You don't need the name.

>>50169687
Also, a cumulative upkeep is a bit too much.

If you want the cost upped, you could make it

>Non-wall creatures you control have: "T: Create a 0/2 Wall creature token with defender (named Border Wall.) This ability costs [W] more to activate for each Wall you control.
>>
>>50170026
Although, in that way, you may be able to 'bomb' the field with simultaneous activations. Hm. Don't think it's that terrible though. Stalling doesn't win a game.
>>
File: Andy Franklin Human Bomb5.jpg (53KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Andy Franklin Human Bomb5.jpg
53KB, 375x523px
New Human Bomb. Lower mana cost and damage prevention cost, but the tap ability can only destroy one thing per activation now.
>>
>>50170531
Reminds me of Triad of Fates, though not explicitly awful.
>>
File: Bomb The Shit Out Of em.png (255KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Bomb The Shit Out Of em.png
255KB, 375x523px
I'm going to make 2 dueling decks now, Trump vs Hillary, RWB vs BGU (or maybe BGR?)
>>
>>50171840
RWU*
>>
>>50170936
Thanks. Always thought Triad was way too slow. Maybe if the ability to hand out counters didn't tap.
>>
NT: >>50172483
Thread posts: 314
Thread images: 117

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.