[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Thought for the day: May the bridges we burn light our way

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: gofast.png (524KB, 830x760px) Image search: [Google]
gofast.png
524KB, 830x760px
>Thought for the day: May the bridges we burn light our way onward.

When was the last time you burned a bridge?
Tales of spontaneous combustion also welcome.
Burning of things other than bridges is acceptable, but not encouraged.
>>
>>50105553
One of my players responded to a village that had been attacked by monsters wielding flamethrowers and napalm and nearly killed the boss leading the attack by blowing up the fuel tank it was using.

Does that count?
>>
A couple of years ago I completely severed ties with my then-boyfriend (an abusive douchebag) and lost the majority of my gaming circle as collateral damage. It was a good thing though, it was all a fucked up cult of personality around the guy, and none of the people caught up in it were particularly mentally healthy in their own right.
>>
>>50105553
Does the time I called my unfathomably boring group of literal murderhobos and a GM so boring and monotonous that I'm still not sure if he was a sentient speak-n-spell a bunch of yawn-inducing idiots and blocked them on all social media count?
>>
>>50105553
I once blew up a space bridge because alien zombies were trying to get through it...
>>
>>50105553
They day I left high school, I cut myself off from every single one of those assholes.

Best decision I've ever made.
>>
>>50106654
Had a somewhat similar situation. Except the cult was based around my player, who made a big show out of kicking me from their online circle for daring to say 'fuck off' during an argument, through a long winded speech filled with as many big words as he could muster.
>>
I had a car start on fire once, took out the wooden bridge it was on before the FD showed up...
>>
Alright, I'll throw in a few of my stories.

>Join group
>DM had mentioned at the start that he didn't really "like" it when players played characters of opposite gender
>That's fine, don't normally do that
>2 years down the line, thinking of making the next campaign up
>Make a pretty normal character
>DM decides he's going to force us to roll stats down the line, forces me to reroll
>Stats I rolled make me rethink the previous character, have to shift everything around
>Wind up creating a female character because I imagined a background for her that makes sense with the stats and perfectly describes this character
>Think DM would be cool with this having known me for 2 years
>Turns out he wasn't, despite saying he was
>Continually harasses me, making exceptionally rude and snide remarks about things I say, and becomes quite obstinate with my questions about the campaign (in one particular case, he literally just said "google it")
>Gets into a 4 hour argument with me in chat because I wanted him to fluff out a skill choice he wanted my character to have
>Finally come to a compromise of sorts
>Two days later, brings it up again, makes an underhanded remark about something "gay" I said
>Told him to fuck off and left, removed him and everyone else from skype
>>
>>50110944
I meant for that to be shorter, but I got a little too into it, so my next few stories are just real quickies.

>DM'd a campaign
>Players are incredibly apathetic
>To a point where I have to honest to god play their characters for them or they won't do anything
>They're struggling with a single fight they've tried a total of twice with the same tactics; have run out of things to do
>Friend picks up guitar in the middle of session and starts playing
>Give him that "what the fuck are you doing?" look
>Looks me straight in the eyes and says "I'm bored".
>Politely ended the session, then sent out a mass text informing everyone that "Eat anon's chips while anon talks to himself day" is officially at an end
>Player who said he was bored still to this day passively begs to get back into a campaign of mine

>Playing in a 2e game
>DM talks a lot of mad shit about how he loves 2e so much it's the best better than 5e and all other editions especially 3rd
>Have actually played 1st generation D&D
>DM starts session with two people brand new to the hobby in general
>One of them picks a thief
>DM doesn't know intended way to rule on thieves in 2e
>Thief winds up being completely useless, player is getting INCREDIBLY frustrated with the game, doesn't even want to play anymore
>After a session, politely bring up to the guy what Gary Gygax said on the subject of the intended use of thieves and what those skills actually mean, and how people in general tended to use them
>DM silently listens
>Next week "Oh hey guys, games going on hiatus, I have too many games going on right now"
>"Oh, also, I'm having a session with an old group in 5e from way back."
>"Twice in a row."
Meh. If you're reading this, DM, you were a shit DM to be quite honest.
>>
File: 442.gif (22KB, 120x89px) Image search: [Google]
442.gif
22KB, 120x89px
>>50106683
I remembered a better one

>get invited to only war game
>GM says he has problems with his group so I join to help him out
>they are all the greasiest nerdlings I've ever seen with two exceptions
>fat scandinavian burping every minute, sounds incredibly annoying
>game starts and everyone is incredibly obnoxious, loud and boring
>the GM has women NPCs flash their tits and the autists cheer like they are looking at actual boobs
>the GMs idea of NPC personality is doing an incredibly stupid voice, giving us Commisar Himmler (guess what he sounded like) and a general wih throat cancer
>non-augmented high ranking mechanicus lady flashing tits
>suddenly waste an entire hour talking about requisitions and what to get, how to optimize blah blah blah
>5 hours in, the board just fills with about 60 tyranid minatures as we initiate combat
>say "I'm going to the bathroom" and walk out the door
>>
>>50111125
How does one "passively beg"?
>>
>>50114156
I'm guessing the guy kept throwing out hints about wanting to be invited to a game.
>>
>>50114156

Basically this: >>50114867

>"Oh, hey anon. Yeah, I had this great idea for a character concept that would work in D&D. Wish I could try it out..."
>"Hey, remember when we were all playing D&D? That was great, I wish we could go back to those days" he says only a few months later
>"Hey, are you running any games right now. Oh, no reason, just curious..."
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.