[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm making a megadungeon, and I don't know if I should

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: Entrance_web.jpg (251KB, 800x684px) Image search: [Google]
Entrance_web.jpg
251KB, 800x684px
I'm making a megadungeon, and I don't know if I should go full gonzo/silly/goofy or just play it like regular old D&D. I want to homebrew classes like battle vegan and were-troll, and have vending machines and other blatant anachronisms, but I just don't know if anybody digs that sort of stuff. SHould I take the plunge, or should I stick with good ol' classic fantasy?
>>
what do your players want
>>
>>50104523
They said they're alright with anything.
>>
>>50104492
Goofy works for short adventures. It might be hard to sustain for a long mega-dungeon campaign, as players will feel little connection to the wackiness.

On the other hand, a totally serious mega-dungeon might get tedious after a while without a very compelling plot.

I'd alternate it.
>>
>>50104593
>I like all music anon hehe
>>
>>50104623
that's a good point, if it's a megadungeon, there's no reason that parts of it can be goofier than others
>>
>>50104687
nethack struck a good balance between fantasy and farce, do some research on it / play a few games and see
>>
>>50104687
"Be careful venturing out east from the crossroads, those halls were delved by the mad wizard Herman. Things there are... unusual, to say the least."
>>
>>50104663
Yeah, it's frustrating, believe me.
>>
>>50104492
Play it however you want and see which way they lean. Than adjust accordingly. People are indecisive retards who don't know what they want, but their subconscious does. They'll do shit that will give you the right idea as the game goes on. Until then fly by the seat of your pants and hope for the best.
>>
File: PapaSmurf.jpg (75KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
PapaSmurf.jpg
75KB, 250x250px
>>50104719

I understood that reference.
>>
>>50104492
You could try doing a Mythic Underworld type thing, with grim dangers in one passage, a vending machine in the next, and after that a bizarre room with Escherian distortions of space.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.