[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /tg/. I need a list of all the RPGs ever made. Could someone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: 1476482599492.jpg (412KB, 524x800px) Image search: [Google]
1476482599492.jpg
412KB, 524x800px
Hello /tg/. I need a list of all the RPGs ever made. Could someone direct me to one? Thanks.
>>
>>50100800
Anybody?
>>
>>50100800
This might help, dubs-san

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lists_of_role-playing_games
>>
>>50101799
>has Aletheia and Haven
>doesn't have Noumenon or Torchbearer

Not bad, but needs more completeness. Is there an RPG Cyclopedia or something out there?
>>
I don't think it is possible.
legrog.org is a french RPG indexing site. It has 1147 "professionnal" game ranges, covering 2061 games (and I think "DnD" is a single range, including stuff like ADnD, 3e, 4e, 5e, Ravenloft, etc. as sub-ranges) and 480 "indie" games, for a total of 12 124 "books" (GM screens, PDFs and other non-paper stuff and whatever else you can think of are included).
And I know for a fact that they do not have every game. For example Noumenon isn't in there. It lacks several Japanese games I can't remember. You don't need to go far east to find games they don't have: Rapido y Facil, a Spanish generic system, isn't in there either. Nor is that one Dutch (or maybe Belgian) game I once came across. To take a weirder exemple, they don't have Gangrape or any other of those weird Scandinavian "freeform" games. I'd bet they don't even have every self-published french game, and I think they don't have every french "pro" game either.

Furthermore, it depends on what you count as RPG. Are Werewolves/Mafia and their variants RPGs? Is Aye, Dark Overlord! an RPG? If yes, you can probably double the numbers above.

Of course, you can reduce the numbers by counting only professionally pulished games. But even by doing that, I doubt it'd be easy to find games that were written and edited in countries like, say, Mongolia, or Nigeria if you don't talk these countries languages.
Well actually such games were probably edited in English, but you can't exclude the possibility they weren't.
>>
>>50101920
>complaints about a wiki being incomplete
>doesn't do anything to fix the problem

This is why /tg/ doesn't get shit done anymore.
>>
>>50102259
>probably edited in English
Published. I meant published. Juggling with three and half languages is hard.
>>
>>50102259
>>50102314
Also I made a mistake.
>2061 games
Is wrong. I don't actually know how many games they have, I tripped in the data. Sorry.
>>
>>50102259
>12,124 "books"
Hunh, that's amazing they got that many.

>The Grog (aka the Roleplayer's Guide to the Galaxy) is an interplanetary non-profit organization, whose mission is to reference every roleplaying game ever published in its supra-luminic database.

Seems to be the best effort by far.
>>
>>50100800

I got you.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_first-person_shooters
>>
File: 1476160819386.png (82KB, 646x364px) Image search: [Google]
1476160819386.png
82KB, 646x364px
>>50102785
I smirked
>>
>>50101920
http://www.legrog.org/grog/mission_us

Lacks non-english/non-french rpgs, though.
>>
>>50102785
>>50103603
How is this funny again?
>>
>>50105077
I'm gonna stab the dark here

but I think it has to do with how devs "enhance" their FPS with depth via RPG elements bolted onto the frame of its shooter game.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.