[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The GM's job is to kill the players. prove me wrong. protip:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

File: 1470613746350.gif (2MB, 370x319px) Image search: [Google]
1470613746350.gif
2MB, 370x319px
The GM's job is to kill the players.

prove me wrong.
protip: you can't.
>>
>>50099883
Bill, killing your players isn't GMing, it's serial murder. Please drop the bottle of lotion and turn yourself in to the police, you will never be a real woman.
>>
>>50099883
The GM's job is to be a host of a game that is of mutual interest.
>>
>>50099883
>the GM's job

B-but I'm a data analyst, not a murderer!
>>
File: George-RR-Martin.jpg (86KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
George-RR-Martin.jpg
86KB, 306x306px
>>50099883
Make a story interesting has nothing to do with kill characters
>>
>>50099883
Anon that's murder. Violence isn't the answer, just calm down, take 10 deep breaths, and talk it out with them.
>>
File: burden of proof.jpg (9KB, 276x182px) Image search: [Google]
burden of proof.jpg
9KB, 276x182px
>>
>>50099883
That is obviously a false statement. The GM could always say 'rocks fall everybody dies, roll new characters' at the start of the every session but that would lead to no game at all.
>>
>>50099906
First post best post. Should have been /thread right there.
>>
>>50099982
>'rocks fall everybody dies, roll new characters'
That would be hilarious, but at the middle of the campaign, not the beginning.
>>
>>50100102
Not really.
>>
>>50099883
That isnt fun.

And games are intended to be fun.
>>
>>50100102
>First session, players see a cow launched into the sky by a magic siege engine
>It never comes down, everyone just shrugs
>Very last session of the campaign, just before the final battle, a flaming cow falls on the BBEG at terminal velocity, killing him instantly, then explodes, instantly killing the party
>Time for next campaign, guys!
>>
>>50099906
>killing your players isn't GMing, it's serial murder.
People dread serial killers without realizing that parallel killer would be much worse.
>>
>>50099907
/ thread
>>
>>50099883
The players aren't playing against the GM, they're playing with the GM.
>>
>>50099883
the gm is one of the players, and cannot be killed in game
>>
>>50100215
Devilish.
You have to do this.
>>
The GMs job is to moderate. Prove that I'm wrong.
>>
>>50099883
You're a tripfag on 4chan. That means you're wrong by default.
>>
File: ebe.jpg (4KB, 200x300px) Image search: [Google]
ebe.jpg
4KB, 200x300px
>>
>>50099883
Rocks fall, everyone dies.

BOY THAT WAS A FUN GAEM RIGHT GUIEZ????

get some fucking help you idiot.
>>
>>50100247
Underrated post.
>>
It's to kill the players while giving them a fair chance, like Jigsaw.
>>
>>50099883
>think GM is an antagonist
>therefore should just try to kill the players.
You're doin' it all wrong. If you aren't contect with the worldbuilder/arbiter role, then you ought to be a bored god. Don't try to kill them, but throw them in a pit of lions to watch them fight for your entertainment. An entertaining fight is one where each side has a chance to win. Put a character in the girdle of sex change just to watch them squirm. While it is true that players poke st the world you build to see what happens, you should poke at them to see them react.
>>
Is that dog alright
>>
File: 084.png (298KB, 600x512px) Image search: [Google]
084.png
298KB, 600x512px
>>50100102
> Group wipe
> Middle of campaign
>>
>>50099883
>The GM's job is to kill the players.

Player's characters maybe, but holy fuck. I don't want to play in your games.
>>
>>50100215
I played earthworm jim too.

What you should do is have the cow hit the players AFTER they kill the BBEG.
>>
>>50101723

Underrated
>>
>>50099906

Goodbyeee horseeees
I'm flyyiiyyyiyyyiing over youuuu
>>
>>50101723
Uhhhh you know you can keep going with a campaign with some minor prep as GM after a party wipe right? Just start a new party that either happens on the previous party's progress, is investigating their death / disappearance, etc. Dedicate a session or two to a smooth transition and it's good to go.
>>
>>50099883
>The DM's job is to kill the players
FIFY
>>
honestly, the hard part about being a gm is not killing your players but convincing them that they need to try their hardest or else they might die.

maintaining that balance is hard. that having been said you can kill somebody every once in a while if they make a stupid mistake.

but most of the time you are struggling to keep the illusion of danger feeling real.
>>
>>50101819
Assuming anyone is still willing to play with you after that.
>>
>>50099906
/thread
Came here to post this.
>>
>>50101723

> not wanting a sweet underworld 2nd half of your game
>>
>>50099883
You get paid for your job.
QED
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.