[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone explain to me how warhammer lords of change are even

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

Can someone explain to me how warhammer lords of change are even beatable?

On daemon worlds they apparently fight other demons, but lords of change are literally fate changing psychics. How are they not the least fair thing in the entire setting (which is an amazing feat in and of itself).

The explanation I read was they only lose if Tzeentch decided he wanted it that way. That doesn't even really count as winning.
>>
Tzeentch's plans are so obtuse that the universe will end before they complete. You can still treat "I lost on purpose lolol" as a real victory at least half of the time because the advantage gained from losing there might never actually come into play.
>>
>>50093552
This. Lords of Change are still slaves to the fuckcrazy whims of their master. On top of this, Lords of Change are also susceptible to overplanning and overstimulation, so they get merc'd in the here-and-now while they're busy planning eighteen-hundred steps ahead.
>>
>>50093360
Tzeentch generally has the least amount of followers however to compensate they tend to have a greater capacity for power. Its mentioned in some of the fluff that occasionally the other three group together to bring him down a peg as he is constantly scheming and rising in power.

Looking at his demons its fair to say that most times they lose to the others in combat. However realistically they've lost by getting to that point anyway. Why fight yourself when you can plot to force the other 3 powers to fight amongst themselves and then swoop in and claim the prize.

As for the Tzeentch only losing if he decides to, no. Its not the end goal that tzeentch is planning for, it's the planning itself that gets him off.
>>
Lords of Change are often busy working against other Daemons or each other, so a Lord of Change might subtly lead your Inquisitor to discovering another Lord of Change who is busy subverting the efforts of a Khornate cult, but that Lord of Change is actually the first lord of Change who is fighting against a temporal fragment of himself so that he can regain his full power to fight another Lord of Change.

Tzeentch!
>>
Well in setting Necrons are one giant neon middle finger to everything involving Tzeentch (and chaos in general) so anytime a Lord of Change wins or loses to them it's usually outside his plans.
>>
I thing it says in one of Codexes that they are actually not beatable in a perfect sense of that word, that their knowledge of fate is so great that their demise is always part of the plan.
>>
>>50093360
Because Tzeentch wants them to fail.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.