[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Advertisement | Home]

Are there any Kultists on /tg/? I think all the stress and excitement

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: pic522243.jpg (188KB, 800x1052px) Image search: [Google]
pic522243.jpg
188KB, 800x1052px
Are there any Kultists on /tg/?
I think all the stress and excitement of the Kickstarter is causing me to see through the illusion.
Has anyone here actually played a game before? How did it go?
The setting is just perfect but the rules are clearly the reason it got updated.
Since its moving to the Apocolypse World Engine does anyone have any suggestion for that system?
>>
>>50090222
I lived it; no need to play it.
>>
I still have a second printing edition of the original Swedish edition. Played it with friends a few times, I love the setting and the potential of it all. I am so looking forward to the new game. I never tried Apocalypse World Engine or whatever, so I'm not sure on what to comment on that.

Our most successful, though sadly not long-lived game, was a blast. it's just something about playing average people in horror with no supernatural abilities.. Well, at first, of course.
>>
>>50090290
Could you tell about the story or nature of your game?
I have seen so few actual scenarios for Kult i'm interested to see how one would structure the plot for a game.
>>
>>50090222
>moving to the Apocolypse World Engine
Be prepared to dust off the first edition again instead.
>>
>>50090335
Why's that? Not a good system?
They said their also updating the story to fit in modern day which is slightly disheartening.
The 1980-1990's vibe fits so much better.
File is the only real rules release so far.
>>
>>50090329
Well we didn't get too far into it, but it started out fairly simple, we played in modern day New York during the winter (when we played the game itself), I was a sort of bum freelancer artist sort of person, we also had a player who played an underground music artist, and the last of the bunch was a car mechanic sort of like Bryan Cranston's character in Drive. The most sensible of us all. My character was very low on the morality or whatever it's called in English after a few repressed memories of being the cause of his sister's death and stuff. The others were fairly normal.

One of us, can't remember who, received an old VHS in a package and we gathered to watch it, and we're watching someone following a young woman through the streets and stuff, clearly someone filming her but she doesn't seem to be able to see them. She walks up to some cabinet in some subway area and there the film cuts off.

We're not sure as a group on what to do, but I move off, as the others weren't keen in-game on pursuing this and someone wanting to contact the cops. So I find this cabinet as the GM describes us recognizing the area, and I find like a few masks and some serrated knives and orders to go kill some big shot in a club or else. Strange things had already begun happening in our daily lives and worried that they might get stranger and more dangerous, I was to move off to the club and go all Hotline Miami in there. Sadly, we did not manage to play that far.

There were more normal day-to-day business things happening with supernatural and creepy things going on, but this was years ago and I can't really recall a lot of it. I just remember my character being more and more edged on to commit suicide.

My headcanon is that he simply did it, at the end of the campaign that never finished.
>>
>>50090374
AW is a system that attracts a lot of shitposting.
Good thing too, it might breathe some life into your threads, since shitposting is the only thing that gets people talking about things other than Dee and Dee, 4dkay, and "Gurps xD"
>>
File: tumblr_nqmpx9jMbe1uyyhwwo1_1280.jpg (180KB, 728x1096px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nqmpx9jMbe1uyyhwwo1_1280.jpg
180KB, 728x1096px
>>50090406
That sounds pretty great to be honest.
Thanks a lot.
I'm working on an idea right now about a group of friends stumbling on a crossword puzzles that references dark things in their past and secrets in their hometown. As they fill out the crossword more and more of the illusion starts to break down.
>>
>>50090501
I like the sounds of that. Always fun to play horror in that way.

Which reminds me that I really should get around to do that horror episode of our Mage game...
>>
>>50090374
Different anon here. It's not a bad system in itself, it's just weird. A lot of people have tried making hacks with it and mess up because they don't grok what PbtA's strengths and weaknesses are. Fortunately, it looks like it's put to good use here. It looks like it's using 2d10 instead of 2d6, and the chances of failure/success are adjusted accordingly. Never played 1e, but I might pick up 2e if the devs don't completely shit the bed.

There's also some shitposting, but that's par for the course.
>>
>>50090578
Thanks that good to know.
The system looks fine to me but I don't know THAT many systems so it's good to hear about it.
>>
I like that the attributes are based around (and graphically shown as) the sephiroth, the Jewish tree of life in the kabbalah. Neat.
>>
>>50090991
I know?!
It's just perfect.
>>
>>50090222

Apocalypse world seems like a meh system for this. I'm fine with apocalypse world, it just doesnt seem like a good fit.
>>
>>50092250
look into some of its hacks. they honestly improve on the original. a lot find ways to add more traditional RPG elements but keep the flow of the original
>>
File: KULT Dark Angel.jpg (56KB, 960x456px)
KULT Dark Angel.jpg
56KB, 960x456px
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.