[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Dwarven bath houses are an essential part of life and culture

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

File: 2012-02-224.jpg (260KB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
2012-02-224.jpg
260KB, 800x500px
>Dwarven bath houses are an essential part of life and culture
>The most reputable and wealthy establishments make use of bound fire and water elementals to produce the steam and use various ground up herbs to mix into it for "ancient healing and holistic treatment"
>It is an accepted practice for many heads of state and businessmen/women to make deals in such establishments.
>>
>>50078854
Only if it's like a Finnish sauna where the dwarves beat each other with branches and get drunk. Anything else is more of a human/elven flavor.
>>
File: CN_newithaarestaurant_2.jpg (246KB, 750x350px) Image search: [Google]
CN_newithaarestaurant_2.jpg
246KB, 750x350px
>>50078895

What do the branches do?

Also

>Elves always want to be near nature
>Used advanced architecture to build homes and establishments in weird places
>Have a resturant with semi-permeable walls of force so merforlk waiters can serve food in sealed dishes
>They weaved the branches of giant trees to make dining spaces where civilized harpies bring food so you can eat a picnic on the canopy.
>>
>>50078895
>branches
>not stone columns
Git gud, Elf.
>>
>>50078895
Hmm. I could chalk it up to water scarcity, I think.
Sure, the overall perception of dwarves is gruff, tough, blue collar workers, but some might actually want to not smell like a yak every day of their lives.

Something like this might come in handy. Maybe even the logical conclusion of working near hotsprings and the like.
>>
>>50078854
>elves are filthy animals who scoff at bathing as "unnatural"
>they use copious amount of perfume to not smell like shit
>they might look impressive, but they smell of overripe fruit with subtle hint of dirt
>>
>>50078854
>bound fire and water elementals
Wat. They live unnaground where geothermal heat and groundwater are easily accessed. Why the hell do they want the risk of using elementals. Only pansy boipussy elfs twinks do that.
>>
>>50079662
>implying elemental are dangerous and not just a tool that if taken care of will be an asset
>>
>>50079662
That's why only the most wealthy establishments use elementals. Everyone else digs a slightly deeper hole than usual.
>>
>>50078895
They smear one of several types of clay into a stout bolt of rough cloth and take turns smacking each other in the back, shoulders, and for the more adventurous who aren't afraid of a few bruises or black eyes, the face.
>>
>>50078854
>Hello fellow dwarf of sizable beard and stout limb, here is your holistic bathhouse experience I hope you enjoy
>This is a cup of water
>>
>>50079646
>they used to use the main river in their homeland to bathe but now they're dumping sewage in it
>they still bathe in it, though
>>
File: 409.png (604KB, 600x753px) Image search: [Google]
409.png
604KB, 600x753px
>>50079915
>the leading cause of death among elves is beautiful, poetic melancholy
>and dysenthery
>>
>>50078937
The finnish thing is to go out in the snow and beat themselves with branches if I remember. Its to force your pores to close up after the sauna opens them.
>>
>>50079964
Branch stuff happens in the sauna with soaked birch branches, I have no idea what it's really supposed to do, but it feels great anyway
>>
>>50079733
>Want to build bath
>Unearth sleeping evil
Well, that was for today Grungi
>>
File: fortdwarftress.jpg (198KB, 1024x1020px) Image search: [Google]
fortdwarftress.jpg
198KB, 1024x1020px
>>50078854
I could see them being all about the steam, and having dry saunas as well as ice cold mountain-stream fed water dips. I could see each housing block in a dwarf hold containing a communal bathhouse, a communal kitchen, and a communal dining hall.

Each of these subdivisions of the hold is more of a self contained village focused on a certain set of crafts, with the hold as a whole being a nation state-esque hegemony.

Then again I'm all about magi-tech/semi industrialized dwarves.
>>
>>50082411
It irritates the skin, stimulating blood circulation in underlying areas. Kind of a rough massage, basically. Besides, branches soaked in hot water begin to secrete herbal oils, which is considered a good thing if you use a right kind of tree.
I'm talking about a russian banya, though, but it should be correct for finnish sauna too.
>>
File: writting on the wall.jpg (943KB, 1600x1071px) Image search: [Google]
writting on the wall.jpg
943KB, 1600x1071px
>>50078854
I once had a character survive the complete destruction of a dwarven city state via vampire-plague solely because they had a working bathhouse.

>3.5
>party makes makes level adjusted characters
>I am a Sahuagin with an drunken Sean-Connery level of speech slur
>one party member is some sort of mole-man/armadillo monk
>while visiting sacred underground spring most of us refresh ourselves, I pay petitions to the Carp-Goddess I worship and the moleman goes into a weird bloody trance/revelation.
>two sessions later the dwarven city we are living in is being overrun by vampires, many of whom are taking levels in warlock as part of a cult run by Mole-man.
>I only survive because I was was visiting a bathouse and it turns out showers count as running water and I argued that my collapsible driftwood trident should be able to count as a 'stake'.
>Most of the party has to roll new characters and get the hell outa town before the cult called down demons on our asses. Last we heard the site of that city is now a neatly chiseled crater, and a 'flying island' has been sited at several locations in our wake.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.