[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/swg/ - Majestic Traitors Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 330
Thread images: 91

File: FuggenMajestic.jpg (176KB, 1018x1440px) Image search: [Google]
FuggenMajestic.jpg
176KB, 1018x1440px
Post about X-Wing, Armada, FFG's Star Wars RPGs, d6, d20 (Saga), movies, shows, books, comics, vidya, lego, lore, and everything else Star Wars related

Previous Thread: >>50050470

Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>http://pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>http://pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
>https://mega.nz/#!DkNTDTyZ!PUupCOep4RmRcsgI3rNhU_Pk_xcyFbYWnhrq8gwrVv0

Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Star Wars: Destiny and the Star Wars LCG)
>http://pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN

Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>http://www.mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>http://pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>http://pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>https://mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>http://img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png

Writefaggotry
>http://pastebin.com/cJY5FK9T

Shipfag's hangar
>https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing

HoTAC
>http://dockingbay416.com/campaign
>>
fuk u
>>
alien

waifus
>>
File: NobleSacrifice.png (289KB, 325x455px) Image search: [Google]
NobleSacrifice.png
289KB, 325x455px
We're off too a roaring start. There were some massive leaks overnight, so I'm just going to post Destiny for a few posts.
>>
File: ATST.png (288KB, 344x479px) Image search: [Google]
ATST.png
288KB, 344x479px
>>50071892
>>
File: BlackOne.png (295KB, 354x492px) Image search: [Google]
BlackOne.png
295KB, 354x492px
>>50071904
>>
File: we-gon-find-you1.jpg (681KB, 1089x1280px) Image search: [Google]
we-gon-find-you1.jpg
681KB, 1089x1280px
>>50071904
Recon in force, maybe.
>>
File: CommandingPresence.png (330KB, 325x449px) Image search: [Google]
CommandingPresence.png
330KB, 325x449px
>>50071921
This is some OP shit, especially if you were to pair it with the AT-ST.
>>
File: GaffiStick.png (901KB, 561x762px) Image search: [Google]
GaffiStick.png
901KB, 561x762px
>>50071937
I'll end on this high note, because who hasn't dreamed of arming Jango Fett with a Gaffi Stick and sending him out to fight Luke Skywalker and his mom?
>>
File: IMG_20161019_231826.jpg (771KB, 2304x2304px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161019_231826.jpg
771KB, 2304x2304px
First for the moldiest crow.
>>
So why do you guys hate saga rpgs? My group is playing it and having fun.
>>
>>50072008

Horrifyingly unhygienic/10, would not want to touch with bare hands.
>>
>>50072072
It's more a dislike for D20 systems

But more power to you then
>>
>>50071892
Wow

Nucanon grey jedi confirmed?
>>
>>50072008
That looks like it just flew out of the scrapyard, which I guess is the point.

>>50071767
Ganks are good elite mooks, and their new makeover makes them more appealing to PCs.
>>
>>50072162
Definitely beats the weird shellfish heads from Dark Empire.
>>
>>50071836
>>>50072008

Exactly the point haha!
>>
>>50072110
>Nucanon grey jedi
What does that even mean at this point? What even is a "grey jedi" anymore? The iconic Grey, Jolee Bindo, was just a regular Jedi who didn't hate fun or emotions, and disagreed with OJO dogma--the exact same Jedi that Luke became.
>>
>>50072587
It's a pretty pointless term anyway. Half the people misinterpret it to be "ZOMG I kan uze darksyde powerz and not fall bcuz i am gray lul", and the other half don't realize that the real Gray Jedi are the whole point that the OJO are missing, and that the prequels and about 90% of associated content show that.

And yes, I hate myself for typing like that as well
>>
>>50072587

They're pretty much any jedi that thought the Order was full of it, but didn't go sith, right?
>>
>>50072724
>>50072587
To put it another way, with the New Canon, there is no "Grey Jedi."
Just Jedi. Who don't have a vibroblade forced up their asses.
>>
>>50072753
>>50072587
I'm not a big fan of the idea that the cut-off way was totally wrong and without redeeming value.

There's the nice aspect of no utterly fucked and insanely powerful force dynasties but beyond that I'd like to give the old system something.
>>
>>50072072
We don't hate it, it just gets unplayable really fast if the players aren't cooperative/agree on non stepping on eachother roles.

As with all rpgs, a good party makes everything fun.
>>
>>50072907
The old system was in place because the Dark Side was really something to be feared. That it would consume you if you didn't learn the willpower to resist it.
That was really the Jedi Order's fear. That if they didn't act and suppress a powerful Force-user's urges, those urges could erupt and lead them down the Dark Path to something terrible.
And they were right.
>>
>>50072907
It's not that it's totally wrong - it's that they took it way, way too far. They overcompensated to the point that it essentially left them blind to their own faults. They had become overly dogmatic and corrupt in a different way rather than simply succumbing to the dark side.
>>
>>50072907
>>50072965

That's the tricky thing about the whole "denial of self" approach to Jedi training. When it worked, it worked pretty great. When it didn't, things usually went sideways in a hurry.
>>
I'm back from my evening X-wing game. After three wins, I can confirm that Bossk with Fearlessness hits like a particularly angry truck, especially with Engine Upgrade and K3.
>>
>>50073008

>Like an angry truck

Bossk is an angry truck
>>
>>50072587
But anon, Luke berserked and choked green people same as his dad. It was the entire point of RotJ.
>>
>>50073031
No, the entire point of RotJ was Luke learning to control that anger, let go of his destructive urges, and reject the path of the angry choke man. Why do you think he threw away his lightsaber in the end?
>>
File: battlefrontouterrim-930x523.jpg (76KB, 930x523px) Image search: [Google]
battlefrontouterrim-930x523.jpg
76KB, 930x523px
>>50073031
What? He did berserk briefly before calming down in the final fight, but his choke in Jabba's palace was more of a light grip than the full dark side version.

Just a quick airway block he let go really fast when the Gammorean got distracted figuring out why it couldn't breath.
>>
>>50072965
The problem with that idea is that it doesn't work well with humans.
The light side is what you try to present to others but the dark side is what you really are. But Lucas couldn't into psychology so whatever.
>>
>>50073078
Sounds good. Next time I play I'll tell the gm I'm just choking a little bit.
>>
>>50073136

Well, did you use Dark Side pips on Bind or not?
>>
>>50073136
You won't be able to do damage that way (Or at least not as much damage) at best it breaks focus.
>>
>>50073136
there's rather a bit of a difference between putting someone in a chokehold, which is what luke did, and strangling someone, which is the traditional "force choke"
>>
>>50071836

Looking at the FFG site, I'm confused.

When and where is the Pennsylvania regional tournament?

All of the other states have times and locations listed, but not PA.

I want to go to my first regional soon, but I have no idea what's going on.
>>
Do you think FFG went a little overboard with 'balancing' Scum as a post-release and instead made them OP?

Seems like they're realising that mistake now.
>>
>>50073307

Might that they are still figuring it out.
>>
>>50073136
Kinky.
>>
>>50073328
If by "realizing their mistake" you mean "giving scum more weird untested stuff that could break the game," then they sure have.
>>
>>50073328
I haven't played x-wing since their original release

what's OP about them?
>>
>>50073381

Well, nothing any more, since part of that combo got nerfed, but before the Jumpmaster generic was pretty cheap with like, EPT and several other upgrade slots which made them nasty dumb-fire alpha-strike lists which slaughtered many previously viable types of builds (especially the Rebel ones like Regen and Control) with fairly minimal effort (you just focus and hope somebody gets in arc).

Since Deadeye is now Small Ship Only that doesn't work as well, but Scum lately are pretty intense, Fang and Shadowcaster are pretty solid, Dengar+Manaroo is still good. But Scum also has some duds, Kihraxz fighters, StarVipers, and how many G-1As do you see on the board?
>>
>>50073434

To be fair, that's more because you'd never use the Generic G1's, and 4LOM and Zuckuss are such good crew cards to put on a party bus.

Also, the Starviper occupies a similar position to the E-Wing in that there is one good pilot (Guri) and she's the only one who is ever used.
It's going to be exactly the same with the ShadowCaster, because Asajj is just THAT good of a pick up.
Asajj Ventriss with a Tactician is an AMAZING control ship against lists that don't have easy ways of circumnavigating stress, and Black Market Slicer Tools only emphasise that.

I still think it's too early to tell if the Fang is going to catch on or not, but the Shadow Caster is going to most likely see itself in the list that is going to replace the Triple U-Boat list in the "Scum's Only 3 Viable Lists" table.

With what I don't know. A Party Bus and a BMST Headhunter or two?
>>
I dropped by the game store the other day another customer and I got to talking about X-Wing.
Do I want to drop 40 euros to do the starter-share thing with a guy? I have no idea who'd be interested, but if I have time I COULD set up intro games at the store...

>>50073078
You do realize that the whole point of ROTJ was that Luke avoided the Dark Side's temptation right? The choking might not exactly be Vader's show of force, but it's 100% meant to evoke that.
>>
>>50072110
You haven't seen Ep. 4?
>>
File: 7319097.jpg (76KB, 664x1000px) Image search: [Google]
7319097.jpg
76KB, 664x1000px
>>50073136
>>50073366
>roll an opposed discipline vs your target's resilience
>uh oh success on the power check with threat and despair
>failure with despair on the resilience check
>you've just pic related your target
>>
>>50073580
Much of the G-1A's problem was that it was released in the same wave as the JM5k, which instantly dominated the scene. And because it's falls into the "heavy fighter" shtick similar to the B-Wing, it also ended up instantly vulnerable to the B-Wing killers... like the torp-scouts and TLT spam. Both Zuckus and 4-Lom are particularly good crew cards, but they're only auto-include as crew if you're running the ships you'd want them on (say a party bus). Zuckus as a pilot is particularly hilarious for his railgun ability to throw an absurd amount of attack dice when given Expose or Opportunist. And 4-Lom blends nicely into Mindlink lists, or even simply as a troll-ship like Palob.

Also, Guri is not the only Starviper pilot worth flying. Xizor is good, and tends to benefit as the "anti-Biggs". The stuff that ignores his ability, like TLTs, are easily brushed off by 3 green dice + autothrusters. Run him with title, Autothrusters, Glittercrack, Fire Control System, and your choice of Crackshot, Veteran Instincts, Fearlessness, or Lone Wolf. His main hangup, is that players try to run him like Guri, and the two are vastly different from each other. The two generics are absolute ass, though. Take generic Fang Fighters over them, any day.
>>
>>50073328
No. The only overboard thing they did, was goofed by giving the Jumpmaster generic an EPT. That EPT, crew + salvaged astro, the two torp slots, and the low(ish) cost of 25pts combined with a reasonably awesome dial, was a recipe for disaster. Any one of those missing would have caused the torp-scout list to flounder considerably.

FFG did fix their mistake by making Deadeye a small-ship only EPT. It's not like there were any other big ships that actually wanted it, anyways. As for the rest of Scum, they're playing pretty well with the Rebels and Imperials.
>>
>>50073580

I've been hearing rumbles of using Ketsu Onyo crew on a Mist Hunter with generic as basically a hell of a debuff ship, possibly with a ship like a Shadowcaster (or maybe Fenn Rau - people swear by that guy) to sap enemy Agility and really soften them up in this age of Palp/Autothrusters/x7s etc.
>>
>>50073992

Honestly, the ship which probably really wants Deadeye is the poor Punisher, but no EPT slots for those guys. All that shitload of ordinance, still ruled by target locks and poor action economy.

We've had Aces and Veterans, what comes next for an imperial refresh?
>>
>>50074185
I'd like to see more incentives to use stuff other than Palpaces and the Great One, honestly. It gets tiring flying against the same Imp lists over and over.
>>
>>50074242

I've heard some decent analysis that Soontir's time as the ONLY imp pilot worth a damn may be coming to an end. Fanatical Devotion, BMST and some other tricks which can hurt him through his crazy agi or prey upon his NEED to self stress may mean that he may eventually not be an optimal pick. Hell, even HSCP can chip at his focus.

The Upsilon is definitely going to incentivise some new builds though I've seen a lot of prototyping of Bat-Shuttle + miniswarm (usually with /fos) or even the idea of using a /sf with Targeting Coordinator as a spotter for Bomber teams. That, and Triple Defenders/PalpDefenders is REAL hot right now. x7 a hell of a drug.
>>
What we really needs is something that stops sheev, just so that people will finally fly something fucking else
>>
>>50074469

Boba Fett?
>>
>>50074483
Good, but not quite good enough. By the time you can put palp out of commission, you've already more than halfway to just wrecking the shuttle.
>>
>>50074620

I think what's gonna shut out sheev is either most specific but common dice mod abilities which might overwhelm his limitations get more proliferated, or just more efficient or impressive options show up in the game for Imperials to use.

You can already kind of see it with Triple Defenders, where x7 Defenders at mid-range PS are good enough on their own to not need the help of old Palp and his crappy shuttle. Some of the shenanigans you can do on the Upsilon will probably be pretty good - especially since it's a frickin' 4 attack die ship.
>>
File: TCW_S6.png (447KB, 980x649px) Image search: [Google]
TCW_S6.png
447KB, 980x649px
How canon are the Lost Missions? Like are the Bad Batch canon?
>>
File: Catalyst_A_Rogue_One_Novel.png (897KB, 790x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Catalyst_A_Rogue_One_Novel.png
897KB, 790x1200px
>James Luceno

Interesting. The brought back another Legends author.

mite b cool.
>>
>>50074789
Luceno's been back since the Tarkin novel.
>>
>>50074704
They are completely canon. Technically, so are all the rest of the unproduced scripts - at least, in house.

>>50074789
That's the second novel for the nu-canon that he's written. He wrote the Tarkin novel as well.

Most of the writers in the stable for the new canon are previously experienced in writing for Star Wars.
>>
>>50074789

Well, Luceno did Tarkin already, so he's been part of the nuCanon crew from the start. And he did some okay books prior to that.
>>
>>50074851
>okay books
>okay
Understatement of the century.
>>
>>50074840
>>50074845
>>50074851
My bad, I keep forgetting Tarkin was nuCanon because it was in production during the changeover.

Still, giving him a movie tie-in novel feels like a good sign.
>>
>>50074870

Hey, you never know with /swg/. I know I liked Rise of Darth Vader and Millennium Falcon, and considering it was capping off the NJO Unifying Force was pretty good - I vaguely remember Cloak of Deception and Labyrinth of Evil.
>>
File: plag.jpg (90KB, 700x483px) Image search: [Google]
plag.jpg
90KB, 700x483px
>>50074942
This was amazing and probably his best, but the 4chan stance is to call it overrated, i've noticed.
>>
File: Clone-Force-99_4fd5ca43.jpg (71KB, 768x432px) Image search: [Google]
Clone-Force-99_4fd5ca43.jpg
71KB, 768x432px
>>50074845
I wonder what happened to the Bad Batch during order 66 and the rise of the Empire. You think they were sent to kick rebel ass? Maybe we just don't hear about them since it's probably classified.
>>
>>50075006
Three possibilities that I can think of.

One, they were the first "SCAR troopers" like we've see in the main Star Wars comic.

Two, they had the same fate as a number of other clone troopers - serving as instructors at Imperial academies before being retired.

Or three, they were terminated.
>>
>>50074469
Sheev is nothing more than a dice-randomization mitigator. Empire aces live and die by the seat of their pants. A single flubbeed roll of green dice for Soontir can remove him in a turn, even with an Evade token. This kind of all or nothing style of flying ships that have 3 or 4 hits total (5 for Vader), and can evaporate in a bad roll, is why Palapatine is so common. 29pts base gets you a 3-attack space cow that ensures your -insert ace(s) here- don't insta-gib the minute you roll 4 blanks. And for all that, you mostly only see Sheev for lists built around Interceptors, the Inquisitor, Omega Leader, Whisper, and the Wampa/Colzert combo. Lists built utilizing the new defenders, bombers, or TFA ties, don't tend to rely on him as much.
>>
File: Kreel_stormtrooper_squad.png (4MB, 1375x1873px) Image search: [Google]
Kreel_stormtrooper_squad.png
4MB, 1375x1873px
>>50075148
They could have escaped like Gregor, Rex, and Wolf? I wouldn't put it past them to have removed the control chips.
>>
>>50074395
x7s are just plain fucking fun. That's really what it comes down to. Tie Fighters en masse are fun. Interceptors are fun. Vader is fun. But Defenders with x7 get a free Evade for GOTTA-GO-FAST, and it makes the game super fucking fun to boom and zoom across the board. Even when you die.
>>
>>50075226
I don't see the Empire letting them off so easily. Yeah, Gregor was a commando (who was lost for a long time), and Wolff and Rex were pretty high on the chain of command, but Bad Batch were THE wetworks. That's not an asset that I'd be willing to say the Empire would let disappear.
>>
>>50075250

Also, goddamn Ryad.
>>
File: Riley_marketing2.jpg (3MB, 4250x3250px) Image search: [Google]
Riley_marketing2.jpg
3MB, 4250x3250px
>>50075261
You say that like the Empire could have stopped them. In the turmoil during the First Order being established it would have been fairly easy with their skills for them to disappear. Also their episode shows that it would not have been easy for standard clones to stop them.
>>
I love Mandalorians, but I hate Clone troopers.
>>
>>50075226
The guy with the poncho looks so sad.
>>
>>50075339
>>50075226

What I'm learning that as long as you kill enough dudes, the Empire doesn't give a fuck about the uniform code.
>>
>>50075339
>My feet hurt
>I'm cold
>Everybody else gets cool unique armor and I get a poncho
>I wish I was on Umgul watching the Blob Races.
>>
File: Darth_Azamin.jpg (141KB, 730x1095px) Image search: [Google]
Darth_Azamin.jpg
141KB, 730x1095px
>>50075339
That's Misty. She's a cool sniper.
>>
Which is more balanced: X-Wing or Armada?
>>
>>50075304
Random clones not being able to stop them really doesn't mean much. We saw just how well random clones did in TCW, and it really didn't bode well. If they didn't have a name, they died pretty quick. Hell, even if they DID have a name, they tended to die quickly to any kind of skilled foes.

Also, by the time the First Order is established (the Wook says they appear at least as early as 17 years after the Battle of Endor), the Bad Batch would have been at least forty years old chronologically and biologically at least eighty - I doubt they were actually doing much at that point.

If you meant the Empire being established - there really wasn't much turmoil. Certainly not so much that they could just up and disappear without somebody knowing that they're missing. Remember that by the time Order 66 is called, the entirety of the Separatist leadership is gone. The war is over, and while there were some holdouts, they had very little actual power any more.
>>
>>50075431
Meh... Armada is still in the middle of getting fleshed out. But the two fleets play very different from one another. X-Wing had some balance issues during earlier waves, notably up to about wave 5 or 6, but has leveled off considerably. FFG has been making balance adjustments as needed, and so it's prettt balanced.

Fuck I don't know which is more balanced...
>>
File: 1460073891282.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1460073891282.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
Post First Order
>>
File: mando w troopers.jpg (401KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
mando w troopers.jpg
401KB, 1920x1080px
>>50076011
>>
File: first order melee training.png (2MB, 1618x1246px) Image search: [Google]
first order melee training.png
2MB, 1618x1246px
>>50076029
>>
>>50076053
>>
>>50076074
>>
>>50076103
>>
File: Star_wars_darth_vader_galactic_e.jpg (266KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
Star_wars_darth_vader_galactic_e.jpg
266KB, 1280x800px
>>50076074
That's a good homage
>>
File: imp propaganda 4.jpg (84KB, 630x630px) Image search: [Google]
imp propaganda 4.jpg
84KB, 630x630px
>>50076148
Iknorite. And it makes sense for both of them to be in universe propaganda, which I LOVE.
>>
File: bitch.png (227KB, 427x303px) Image search: [Google]
bitch.png
227KB, 427x303px
>>50076011
>>50076029
>>50076053
>>50076074
>>50076103
>>50076127
>>50076182

I hate to say it... but it looks like the good sequel to Return of The Jedi you're searching for- doesn't exist.
>>
>>50076580
Anon can't I just enjoy my pretty good movie with well written characters despite its flaws in worldbuilding, can't I just do that?
>>
File: thrawn_trilogy.jpg (140KB, 1024x567px) Image search: [Google]
thrawn_trilogy.jpg
140KB, 1024x567px
>>50076580
That's impossible. Perhaps the canon is incomplete.
>>
>>50076580

Fuck you then, your movie doesn't exist either.
>>
>>50076618
>well written characters
nah

You can enjoy what ever you want though.
I just had the urge to create some Jocasta Nu OC.
Nothing personnell, really.
>>
>>50076637

Man, Joruus is like 70s Van Art as Fuck in these covers.
>>
File: bitch.png (3MB, 2562x1818px) Image search: [Google]
bitch.png
3MB, 2562x1818px
>>50076637
IF AN ITEM WAS NOT PUBLISHED AFTER APRIL 24, 2014- IT DOES NOT EXIST!
>>
>>50076657
Oh I still keked anon, I'm just wondering when it became trendy to hate TFA

Return of the Jedi is utter shit, I watched it a day before TFA and VII>>>VI even accounting for all its many flaws
>>
>>50076762
yikes
>>
TFA is agood film. Get over it
>>
File: staff sergeants house.png (40KB, 258x406px) Image search: [Google]
staff sergeants house.png
40KB, 258x406px
>more anti- and pro-TFA shitflinging
Pls no more. We had enough of it back in January.
>>
>>50076817
fuck off phoneposter
>>
>>50076869
its a good star wars film
>>
>>50076817
Maz was utter shit, the rest was good.
>>
>>50076817
TFA is a competent film that played it super safe by leaning heavily on A New Hope to draw back audiences alienated by the Prequel Trilogy.

Rogue One looks cool and hopefully Episode 8 won't be Empire Strikes Back 2: Electric Boogaloo
>>
File: Rogue-One-tank.jpg (92KB, 1024x568px) Image search: [Google]
Rogue-One-tank.jpg
92KB, 1024x568px
>>50076857
I wonder if Rogue One will be as decisive.
I hope it isn't. I don't think I can TANK much more random bitching.
>>
>>50076913
It's going to happen whether or not it's good
>>
>>50076913
Its just grognards who cant let go of their legends waifus is all. TFA is on par with most of the good legends material theyre just butthurt its its own canon
>>
>>50076888
>not!Tatooine
>not!theDeathStar
>not!theEmpire
>not!therebellion
>not!oldBen
>not!Yoda
>not!theCantina
>not!TheCave
>not!theTrenchRun
>>
>>50076942
>TFA is on par with most of the good legends material
Heir to The Empire>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>TFA
>>
>>50076955
LMFAO good one
>>
File: FEED ME CHECHENS.jpg (67KB, 800x534px) Image search: [Google]
FEED ME CHECHENS.jpg
67KB, 800x534px
>>50076913
>That thing
>A tank
Did we suddenly go all the way back to Space WWI or is that thing supposed to be more like an IFV/Stug than an actual tank?
>>
>>50076911

That's my impression of it as well. It wasn't by any means a bad movie, in fact, I enjoyed it, but it did feel like they were retreading old ground pretty heavily.

I really do want to see what they do next, though.
>>
>>50076987

I mean, it's called a hovertank, but since the 2-M is canon I assume this is a light, like, urban model rather than an MBT. Like an ITT but with some more agility or a better attack profile besides "literal flying brick".
>>
>>50076987
Look on the left, it's an armored truck.
>>
File: 1464788941412.jpg (21KB, 473x390px) Image search: [Google]
1464788941412.jpg
21KB, 473x390px
>>50075330
Watch the Clone Wars, that'll fix ya up right.
>>
>>50076955
kek no
>>
>>50076911
Episode 8 is being written and directed by Rian Johnson, who's made some incredible movies. I have faith it'll be good.
If you haven't seen Brick you should watch it right now. It's great.
>>
>>50076857
That's the shit that is tearing /swco/ apart atm. It's sad really....
>>
>>50071836
For those of you running FFG, how do you run your games? Using Legends, NuCanon, or something in between?
>>
>>50077105
Star Wars has always been a festering ground of autism. What did you expect this pathetic shit flinging was always going to happen
>>
File: Mauler-lancet-recg.jpg (48KB, 511x531px) Image search: [Google]
Mauler-lancet-recg.jpg
48KB, 511x531px
>>50076987
Star Wars has good Tanks. The best Tanks. Tanky Tanks. That Tank Tanks while Tanking that which never should have been Tanked. Star Wars has good Tanks.
>>
>>50077105
/swco/ is being destroyed by two people.
A guy who spams the Kurtz image and the 1988 Lucas quote image.
And the guy who never uses periods and thinks that TFA is better than ESB and that a CGI rock ruins ANH.
>>
File: stug 3 side.jpg (93KB, 870x376px) Image search: [Google]
stug 3 side.jpg
93KB, 870x376px
>>50077047
I honestly wasn't sure if those were meant to be crates or just armor plates, or whether the designers were going for a Space StuG design.
>>
>>50076857
Think we'll have to do the same thing again come rogue one?
>>
>>50077130
Trust your feelings.
My group does legends but I'm sure we will move on to the new canon when it actually gets some content. If we're still playing by then.
>>
>>50077149
We're gonna build a Death star, and make the CIS pay for it!
>>
>>50077192
Rogue One doesn't seem particularly divisive.
And Bail is in it a little, so it's not ignoring the prequels like JJ "flags" Abrams.
>>
>>50077234

The actress playing Mon Mothma played her in a cut scene from RotS too, right?
>>
>>50077130

Well, most of the stuff I know about the universe is Legends, and I haven't actually seen or read a lot of NuCanon, so the games I run tend to use the former, if only for ease of reference.

That said, are there any NuCanon works I should check out? Any I should avoid? I've heard Aftermath is underwhelming.
>>
>>50077261
Yup.

This screencap is shit, but yeah.
>>
File: 1477344465193.gif (2MB, 245x210px) Image search: [Google]
1477344465193.gif
2MB, 245x210px
>>50077192
>Jyn "I rebel" Erso
>Bargain Bin Kyle
>Jyn "Not muh Asian waifu" Erso
>Anything and everything that even slightly contradicts the events of Dark Forces 1
>Guy with the stick
>People bitching about Selonians
>MUH DREAM

There's enough skub in Rogue One for a month of shitposting, I'd say. I'm also particularly salty that Alan Tudyk is playing a droid instead of a young Hobbie Klivian. If he does any piloting, I guess you could call him a Washing machine.
>>
>>50077268

Tarkin, Bloodlines and Lost Stars are pretty universally talked up. If you like Rebels, I hear mixed things about New Dawn, that it's an okay story and does good with Kanan and Hera but the plot elements are a little weak.
>>
>>50077268
Nu canon as a whole isn't that good.
I read A New Dawn, after asking about good nu canon books and I found it very bland.
>>
>>50077309
autism
>>
>>50076987
Are there any good looking star wars tanks? All of the one's from the video games, that I can remember don't really fit the aesthetic or just look like the cockpit of some other previously established vehicle stapled on to some hover or normal treads. Are there some good designs from the comics running around out there?
>>
>>50077298
This is why /swg/ is better than /swco/.
/co/ has too many people who shit on the EU because they jumped on the SW train with Disney or TCW.
>>
>>50077298

What's this about Selonians?
>>
>>50077322
explain pls
>>
>>50077298

But the U-Wing, XWW.

THEY. PIVOT.
>>
>>50077357
The U-Wing is better than any of the piss poor designs in TFA, i'll give it that.
>>
File: MAMMOTH TANK ASSEMBLED.jpg (155KB, 800x565px) Image search: [Google]
MAMMOTH TANK ASSEMBLED.jpg
155KB, 800x565px
>>50077324
None, in my opinion, but I've spent way too much time on /k/ so my autism gets in the way of enjoying some sci-fi/space fantasy vehicle designs.

>>50077344
One of the screenshots released so far includes a Selonian-looking fellow manning the gun on a transport.

>IF THEY RUN, THEY'RE IMPS
>IF THEY STAND, THEY'RE WELL-DISCIPLINED IMPS
>IT AIN'T ME
>>
>>50077381
I always thought that fuzzy gunner looked more like a Drall, personally.

Also, didn't one of the newer comics show off modern Selonians as being fairly lanky (without going full otter)?
>>
>>50077322
Oh hey, I recognize this anon from /swco/!
>>
File: BOUNTYHUNTERS.png (308KB, 663x494px) Image search: [Google]
BOUNTYHUNTERS.png
308KB, 663x494px
>>50077343

There was only so many times I could see people unabashedly shit on the Orig Trig for being inferior to the Prequels before I started developing an ulcer.

I *liked* Ep7, but need to see more before I give Disney a benefit of the doubt. Meanwhile, I'll play the Cowboy Bebop soundtrack and re-read the X-wing series on my kindle until I hear the verdict on Rouge One.
>>
File: 20161103_142147.jpg (1MB, 2160x2160px) Image search: [Google]
20161103_142147.jpg
1MB, 2160x2160px
It's happening.
>>
>>50073361
The issue is that there are regionals coming in 10 days, so that is not much time to figure this out.
>>
>>50077718
>Orig Trig for being inferior to the Prequels
It's not inferior.
However, the prequels aren't inferior to the OT, either.
The OT is extremely overrated, and the PT is extremely underrated.

They meet in the same ballpark of quality.
>>
File: 1471993858089.gif (902KB, 500x291px) Image search: [Google]
1471993858089.gif
902KB, 500x291px
>>50077783

>>They meet in the same ballpark of quality.

True, neither are Shakespeare; but the closest I can come to an agreement is the contrast of special effects of one series to the classic story telling elements and iconic imagery of the other.
>>
File: no leave me alone.png (57KB, 269x399px) Image search: [Google]
no leave me alone.png
57KB, 269x399px
>>50077718
>until
No matter how good Rogue One is, it will never completely silence the sinister whispers from the Legends bin.
>>
>>50077896
My RP groups for legends and nu cannon shit are made of different people, my circle of friends who talk about each are different to the point that Legends is just another IP to me
>>
>>50077783
I agree with your premise, but not with your conclusion. I feel the original trilogy is an appreciable and legitimate upstep from the prequels despite the prequels' badness generally being overblown to the point of memery and people conveniently forgetting the parts of the OT that were goofy as hell too.
>>
File: FireHawkeIMPERAL.jpg (33KB, 743x247px) Image search: [Google]
FireHawkeIMPERAL.jpg
33KB, 743x247px
Where are the rules for big capital ship fights?

>>50076913
>>50076987
>>50077047
It honestly looks like it COULD have a turret in some configurations that got swapped out for cargo space.

>>50077365
The blaster designs are better too.
>>
>>50077987
>I feel the original trilogy is an appreciable and legitimate upstep from the prequels
Let's agree to disagree.
>>
>>50077759
PT deserves every last drop of hatred and bile it has ever gotten. It is NOT underrated by any means whatsoever.
I fucking hate all these children who think it's anything but a putrescent pile of trash shat out by an incompetent turkey-necked hack.
>>
>>50078033
No. Fuck off, underage cancer.
>>
>>50078033
Sure, why not. Ignore this cunt >>50078099
>>
File: JEDI PRINCE PART 1.jpg (23KB, 292x480px) Image search: [Google]
JEDI PRINCE PART 1.jpg
23KB, 292x480px
Hello again, all. Still sourcing parts for my next planned costume Grand Moff Hissa, and decided I needed more research materials.

So I found this.

The Mofference is now.
On topic: How would you integrate The Mofference into an Imp-side Age of Rebellion campaign?
>>
>>50078094
That's excessive, it had some good stuff, a nice mix of worldbuilding potential unleashed, a good show for an era of decadence.

Not good as films for the most part, but good for the rest.
>>
>>50078171
At the very least, the RotS novelization was top-notch.
>>
>>50078171
>worldbuilding
No. Not really. Unless you count 50s diners in space good worldbuilding.
It never shows jack fucking shit. It spoonfeeds you everything like the audience is nothing but drooling fucking retards. Which apparently they were if they enjoyed that shit.
>>
>>50078211
calm your autism please
>>
File: YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.jpg (380KB, 600x1181px) Image search: [Google]
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.jpg
380KB, 600x1181px
>>50078167
While the Emperor's alive, I'd argue that the Council of Moffs is just that, an advisory body/rotary club of high-ranking governors with Hissa at its head.

If its post-Endor, then go full-on subfaction with them. In Jedi Prince they don't really have much of a huge military presence (The Moffship is little more than a glorified Strike Cruiser), but they've got multiple resource processing and production facilities, so they've got money and infrastructure (at least until Ken starts fucking it all up).

The multiple Imperial Warlords element was one of the best things about the EU, so I'd recommend playing that up. Also, play up the "IS HE REALLY THE EMPEROR'S SON???" aspect of Trioculus, since the rank-and-file wouldn't know he was a phony.
>>
File: SentinelDeckLabel_0.jpg (261KB, 1400x1000px) Image search: [Google]
SentinelDeckLabel_0.jpg
261KB, 1400x1000px
>>50078202
Eh, it was a little purple.

>>50078211
I didn't mind the 50s diner one way or another, it was just sorta "There' thought the giant sandwiches on the counter looked tasty, and there was an article about the food on the website that sounded nice till it was taken down.
>>
>>50078295
I completely forgot my main purpose of that post.

I fucking love the old Legends Sentinel, Perfect compliment of gear to be at least semi servicable as the core of a firebase. Though there are better options of course, like the dropship in TFU's "Imperial Raxus Prime" level I keep meaning to get screenshots of and save someplace I can find them.
>>
File: South_Park_The_Force_Awakens.jpg (165KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
South_Park_The_Force_Awakens.jpg
165KB, 1920x1080px
>>50076942
>Only grognards don't like TFA
"The Force Awakens was more like a Happy Days reunion special, then a movie"
>>
>>50073061
to show he was a jedi, like his father before him
manly tears
>>
>>50078280
>In Jedi Prince they don't really have much of a huge military presence (The Moffship is little more than a glorified Strike Cruiser)
I would imagine most of what they have is tied up in defensive arrangements. They'd have been a complete non-entity otherwise.
>>
File: wipFO.jpg (82KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
wipFO.jpg
82KB, 960x540px
>>50076011

wip repaints good too?
>>
Everyone wants to be a Jedi. Why? Sure you get to do backflips and shoot lightning out of your hands. But then you have to be all chaste and pious and have responsibility. I don't want responsibility. I just want the illusion that I have power.
>>
>>50079546
Jedi fuck on the downlow all the time, on one has ever really cared unless you get caught like a retard
>>
File: Sith Legends.png (275KB, 622x494px) Image search: [Google]
Sith Legends.png
275KB, 622x494px
>>50079546
>>
>>50076942
It's on par with most legends, not good legends
>>
>>50079507
Okay that's amazing.
>>
File: punisherFO.png (701KB, 450x800px) Image search: [Google]
punisherFO.png
701KB, 450x800px
>>50079624

I need to touch up the white on everything and do the inside. It isn't a hard paint job but because it is two extream colors of white and black you have to be careful about painting in the lines.

Thanks for the complement here is my FO punisher and I have a SF decimator too.
>>
>>50079507
The color scheme is a fantastic fit for the Defender and Advanced, pretty good on the interceptor but only okay on the Phantom. Clean up the paint itself a little and you've got a perfect setup.
>>
>>50079604
I'd probably get caught.
>>
File: Allinthefamily.jpg (100KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
Allinthefamily.jpg
100KB, 960x540px
Fixed up a little bit still need to add red for the tips and paint underside if I care to but otherwise done.
>>
Armada Wave 5 and corellian conflict is on the boat, we'll actually be getting them this year unless something horrible happens.
>>
>>50078099
>>50078094
>>50078211
Pathetic showing, JJ.
>>
>>50079546
Everyone wants to be a Force User, usually an independent Dark or Grey Jedi. Very few people actually want to be a Jedi or Sith.
>>
>>50080768
That makes a lot more sense.
>>
>>50080768
Jedi like Qui-Gon are the best. In the order but with an independent streak.
>>
File: mandalorianqe1.jpg (79KB, 726x681px) Image search: [Google]
mandalorianqe1.jpg
79KB, 726x681px
So, I'm stating up an FFG character

Mandalorian Journeyman Protector - basically an old west style travelling cop. Going Bounty Hunter-Survivalist-Marshall (Almost went Marshall first, but my GM is a stickler for "you can't hunt bounty unless your a bounty hunter"

With ND possibly having a (rumored) mando human option, I'm curious, what do you guys think it will be rules-wise? Considering every human option has so far been
>base 2
>110xp
>+1 to two non-career skills
>or
>+1 pilot ground\pilot space, train up to 3

I figure the Mando option will have something to do with some sort of combat related skill bump - as in, +1 to two combat skills of choice, cant train past 2, or +1 to combat skill of choice, train to 3.

Considering I dont have the rules, I'm kinda trying to create it in the aggregate as a next-best-thing.
>>
>>50076775
I shouldn't have said RotJ is "utter shit", I take that back, but it's marred by at least as many problems as TFA. There are some great parts to it, but the movie's pacing is a complete mess and the whole climax is dragged down by the ewoks. One anon said a long time ago that it's an unusual film because it contains "both the best parts and the worst parts of Star Wars," and I totally agree. But just speaking on the merits of filmmakng, TFA is a better film. JJ Abram's "mystery box" formula is on full display-every scene except for the pointless Rathgar chase reveals something new about the world, characters, or plot. There's a lot of good visual storytelling-Rey's origins, Han and Kylo on the bridge, the FO star destroyer literally eclisping a planet, etc.It's VERY tightly paced. TFA is a good film overall and objectively I would still put it over RotJ-but its climax is also dragged down like RotJ's because you can't help but think "we've done this shit three times over."
>>
>>50080931
So although No Disintegrations might have Mando Humans Friends Like These the Age of Rebellion Adventure book out soonish will at least have the playable Mando Human Species Profile FYI.
>>
>>50077102
My problem with Episode 8 is that it's still going to be bogged down by the completely safe worldbuilding of TFA. I really want this film to go farther in establishing a more distinct visual identity for the First Order and Resistance than "literally just X-Wings, TIE Fighters, and Storm Troopers slightly tweaked." Seriously, Rouge One is introducing more original vehicle and stormtrooper designs, and it's set in the OT era!
>>
>>50081028
>Rouge One is introducing more original vehicle and stormtrooper designs, and it's set in the OT era!
This is so sad.
JJ is the god emperor of hacks.
>>
>>50081012
I'm of the opinion that film construction is of secondary importance to imagination on display in Star Wars.
TFA (probably literally) nothing that hadn't been done in Star Wars already.
>>
>It's an OT vs PT vs nuT episode!
>Again!
>>
>>50078171
I forgive the prequels because it gave us Republic Commando and both the 2D and 3D Clone Wars series, the latter of which are some of my favorite SW media period. They also make Revenge of the Sith even better once you understand the context behind all the characters, 3D Clone Wars does a great job in making Grievous and Palpatine better characters than they already were.

[spoilers]The best incarnation of Grievous will always be in Tarkovsky Clone Wars, but he was so amazing in that that it made RotS Grievous underwhelming in comparison. TCW's version is more in line with the films[/spoiler]
>>
File: 1451500052898.png (896KB, 750x648px) Image search: [Google]
1451500052898.png
896KB, 750x648px
>>50081012

If you can see the OT through the lens of a TTRPG, RotJ is the obvious in it

>player party plan for a year to infiltrate crime lords fortress to rescue capture party member
>ends in firey explosion where everyone dies
>GM can't handle all this simultaneous combat, so the mid-boss from last campaign gets knocked into the big sand vagina "oops"

It just kinda goes from there with the whole death star attack plan, and the fact that the main PC's are of course on the ground doing the most important job - except for the Jedi PC who goes off to have a final confrontation with the BBEG, his plan being to turn his evil henchman dad so the BBEG doesn't just murder him in one turn (considering the GM planned on it being a group fight I'm sure)
>>
>>50081066
>nuT
What are these new trilogies official names going to be?

What will 7-9, 10-12, 13-15, etc be called?
>>
File: 1274766930300.jpg (83KB, 854x640px) Image search: [Google]
1274766930300.jpg
83KB, 854x640px
>>50081066
>nuT

Its Sequel Trilogy
>>
>>50081073
Man you're totally right, I watch a lot of movies from the perspective of TTRPGs but I've never watched Return like that. The sudden transition from Jabba's palace to the death star attack is something I relate to on a spiritual level from running Deathwatch-"okay guys you wrapped up that plot hook, now on to this next thing."

Also
>You can't talk Leia, you're too horrified by the space slug
>WTF?! I talked down Tarkin and Vader but I'm seriously afraid of this thing?
>Sorry, you failed your will save, you're just gonna have to wait for Luke
>...
>I roll to choke the slug
>>
File: 1477756973950.png (819KB, 835x544px) Image search: [Google]
1477756973950.png
819KB, 835x544px
>>50081022

When is that coming out? Sometime in November?
>>
File: mandos.jpg (84KB, 700x892px) Image search: [Google]
mandos.jpg
84KB, 700x892px
>>50080931
>I figure the Mando option will have something to do with some sort of combat related skill bump - as in, +1 to two combat skills of choice, cant train past 2, or +1 to combat skill of choice, train to 3.

Probably a safe bet.
To be honest I reckon the base-human template is probably enough to make an extremely flexible character at the start as you've got a career origins with one foot in sort of a militant background and the other in something of a street-thug kind of role. Don't forget a bit of pilot planetary for jetpack fun... and jetpack related accidents!
>>
File: 1453138699753.jpg (210KB, 750x1079px) Image search: [Google]
1453138699753.jpg
210KB, 750x1079px
>>50081101
>I roll to choke the slug
>proceeds to roll a gaggle of successes
>and a triumph
>>
File: Jetpack_-_SWGTCG.jpg (435KB, 1493x1198px) Image search: [Google]
Jetpack_-_SWGTCG.jpg
435KB, 1493x1198px
>>50081112
>jetpack fun

I've never used them until recently, but they are great if you play a character with explosives, like an LJ-50 conk rifle.
>>
>>50081071
>The best incarnation of Grievous will always be in Tarkovsky Clone Wars

Aw yeah
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5t8A0NUCrI
>>
>>50081135
Oh hell yeah, that mobility is pretty fantastic if you need to move places in a hurry- like being shot at by a lot of people!
Plus it opens up options for moving in 3D, whereas most personal scale fights are generally a lateral kind of affair.
>>
>>50077309
>Nu canon isn't very good
>I read one book, I can tell

That said, yeah, AND is decent but pretty bland. Try Tarkin
>>
>>50081115
It amuses me that large Hutts get a bunch of setback dice to Brawl just specifically to facilitate that sort of end for them.
>>
>>50081521
>I read one book
My asking for a good nu canon book came after trying to read both Aftermath and Lords of The Sith.
I don't give a FUCK about Cham Syndulla.

And of course I also saw TFA, and that's shit.

I like Rebels though.
>>
>>50081185
>>50081112
>>50080931

>bounty hunter
>mando
>my backpack got jets

One of the big things with this character (and really, the first thing to do with any mando character) is to designed the specific ways the character is NOT Boba Fett, and heres what I've been thinking of
>designed to work well with the party face, considering all the interrogations this campaign has had so far
>has a focus on taking bounties alive because the credits are better
>older then the party age, and is more of mentor figure, font of folksy wisdom
>has a sort of "old west" honor to him - he doesnt like, and generally wont, stab people in the back
>pure mando, from the language to the family values - designed to be something of a mirror for the mando bounty hunter force sensitive whose going full Jedi

Old West style Bounty Hunter\journeyman Sheriff
>>
>>50077783
>the PT is extremely underrated.
From my point of view, the prequels are good. I hate practical effects, they're nasty and get everywhere. Unlike CGI.
>>
File: holds up perfectly.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
holds up perfectly.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>50081760
/tv/ pls
>>
>>50081796
>those last two flights of TIE fighters appearing out of nowhere
Disgusting.
>>
>>50081584
But dude...

>Jet packs
>>
>>50081584
I like it. Maybe pump lots of Coercion and invest in that stun rifle from Enter the Unknown?
>>
Alright. Got all three Scyks finished for my Black Sun fleet.

I'm all ready to bring out a Mindlink list tomorrow.

I'm thinking

>3 Ă— Tansarii Point Vet
>Attanni Mindlink
>"Heavy Scyk"
>"Mangler" Cannon

>Palob Godalhi
>Attanni Mindlink
>Twin Laser Turret
>Black Market Slicer Tools

It's a square hundred, and Palob helps cover the weaknesses of the Scyks.
>>
File: 20161103_234551.jpg (2MB, 2160x2160px) Image search: [Google]
20161103_234551.jpg
2MB, 2160x2160px
>>50082146

Oops.
>>
>>50081796
Post some timeless moments from prequels too, redditfag.
>>
File: Temple Burning.webm (1MB, 1920x816px) Image search: [Google]
Temple Burning.webm
1MB, 1920x816px
>>50082192
:^)
>>
>>50082192
No such thing
>>
>>50082428
fuck off phoneposter
>>
>>50082192
I can only think of Unlimited Power, I love that scene if only because McDiarmid got to Shatner levels of ham, about a 0.45 on the Blessed scale.

Also Brian Blessed in Star Wars when? apart from Boss Nass, he deserves better than that
>>
>>50082192
It's treason then...

Epic delivery, and an epic fight. Hell, any time Duel of the Fates plays.
>>
How about timeless cgi clone troopers? Or that perfect cgi count dooku flip?
>>
>>50082487
Boss Nass is great though.
>>
File: holds up2.webm (3MB, 1280x548px) Image search: [Google]
holds up2.webm
3MB, 1280x548px
>>50082522
How about this timeless webm?
>>
File: big boss nass.jpg (249KB, 1150x750px) Image search: [Google]
big boss nass.jpg
249KB, 1150x750px
>>50082487
>Implying a Boss Nass movie wouldn't be great
Imagine a movie about the war on Naboo, as depicted in Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds. Now that would be pretty fucking cool.

>tfw you level half of a Naboo port city just to root out the dirty mackineek occupation
>>
>>50076817
I'm still waiting for my Mara Jade film. Have been for twenty years. Maybe I should just freeze myself under an iceberg like Cartman.
>>
File: 1425507669973.png (1MB, 1920x1125px) Image search: [Google]
1425507669973.png
1MB, 1920x1125px
Are there stats for the Artiquens anywhere? It's the prefect size to chase my FFG party, a star destroyer is too big.
>>
>>50082701
Your mary sue waifu is forgotten forever
>>
So I got this stupid idea, I'll probably never finish, but bear with me for a moment.

Combat focused, board/wargamey campaign
players start as imperial army cannon fodder
they are on patrol through a backwater shithole when rebellion kicks in
next up ww1 trench warfare against waves of leftover droidenemies, then over the top
Promotion to storm troopers fucking shit up, till they stumble upon not!tyranids on namjungle world and their jedi overlord

I'll play the not!commissar berating them and stealing all the war movie tropes i can find

yay or nay?
>>
>>50081135
>>50081185
But you lose the backpack, that hurts carry capacity really bad.
>>
>>50082701
>Mary Sue
I feel like I have some sort of long term Semantic Satiation with this phrase.
>>
The PT is objectively better than the original trilogy.

It has a more complex moral compass. Star Wars was, for the longest time, about white hats versus black hats. The Evil Empire - yawn-a-palooza!

But the PT is a nuanced epic of the fated decline of the Chosen One. Tempted, tested and ultimately found wanting. A tale older than time, told with breathtaking spectacle.
>>
File: header final 2.jpg (120KB, 590x250px) Image search: [Google]
header final 2.jpg
120KB, 590x250px
>>50083199
When the blogger becomes the journalist the art form dies.
>>
Stop fucking arguing what's "better", it's going nowhere and makes you seem autistic.

Post cool pictures and/or crossovers instead.
>>
File: exa4Idc.jpg (490KB, 1920x844px) Image search: [Google]
exa4Idc.jpg
490KB, 1920x844px
>>50083237
>>
File: 1458109697770.jpg (7MB, 4800x2028px) Image search: [Google]
1458109697770.jpg
7MB, 4800x2028px
>>50083251

Also, I choose to believe Luke just force pushed an ion grenade into the fallen dudes chest instead of lighninging him. Although in a cyberpunk SW anti-hero Luke would fit right in.
>>
>>50083233
You joke but isn't that telling? Fanboys can't actually provide a critical response to the claims the PT is more nuanced and literary than the OT.

Compare the plots - on the one hand a complex web of political intrigue and economic war as backdrop to an Oedipus-redolent tragedy. On the other, the Hero's Journey.

Lucas, in the rich, morally complex PT, prefigured the morally ambiguous, dense genre fiction that now compels viewers to binge on Game of Thrones and The Walking Dead.

The issue was not that the PT was "bad" but that audiences werent ready for the paradigm shift it represented.
>>
File: 1453533102043.jpg (329KB, 1400x700px) Image search: [Google]
1453533102043.jpg
329KB, 1400x700px
>>50083281

I meant in >>50083237
>>
File: 1456266287819.jpg (298KB, 750x685px) Image search: [Google]
1456266287819.jpg
298KB, 750x685px
>>50083309
>>
>>50083298
You're boring.
>>
>>50083298
>Lucas, in the rich, morally complex PT, prefigured the morally ambiguous, dense genre fiction that now compels viewers to binge on Game of Thrones and The Walking Dead.
>The issue was not that the PT was "bad" but that audiences werent ready for the paradigm shift it represented.
AhhaaaaahaaahahhhaaahahhahahahahaahahhhahaaHAHAHHAHhahahhaahHAHHAhahahhaaahaha.
>>
>>50083298
Your bait is obvious, man. You need to approach it with a little more subtlety. Or take it /swco/.
>>
File: 1456093474217.jpg (393KB, 1920x1618px) Image search: [Google]
1456093474217.jpg
393KB, 1920x1618px
>>50083323
>>
File: 1456145307572.jpg (401KB, 1928x2700px) Image search: [Google]
1456145307572.jpg
401KB, 1928x2700px
>>50083336
>>
File: 1462338387494.png (682KB, 1024x660px) Image search: [Google]
1462338387494.png
682KB, 1024x660px
>>50083352
help im running out of cool SW pics

soon I'll have only jokes left
>>
File: 1464547007724.jpg (93KB, 400x667px) Image search: [Google]
1464547007724.jpg
93KB, 400x667px
>>50083362
>>
>>50083362
I don't know about other anons, but I'm pretty interested in seeing these jokes.
>>
File: 1454517997952.jpg (34KB, 482x720px) Image search: [Google]
1454517997952.jpg
34KB, 482x720px
>>50083417
>>50083389
By jokes I meant joke pictures. And I have only a few of those.
>>
File: 1441538570525.gif (1MB, 480x204px) Image search: [Google]
1441538570525.gif
1MB, 480x204px
>>50083432
I'll get some more from /r/highqualitygifs
>>
>>50083465
fuck, those are all .mp4's

http://imgur.com/a/hjfv6

Have some garlic bread.
>>
>>50083334
>>50083333

Not bait.

Try arguing.

Luke Skywalker: rags to riches messianic narrative, le snooze amirite
Anakin: The hero tempted and failing. A story about the lure of power and the rationalising of evil. Timely and incisive, and invites the audience to think "there but for the grace of God go I". Indeed, the PT can be read as a Derridan deconstruction of the messianic wish-fulfilment narrative.
>>
>>50083475
>Garlic bread toasted with garlic butter with oregano and Parmesan mixed in
Please, my waistline.
>>
Out of all the batshit insane TIE variants from the depths of Sienar R&D, which would you guys like to see in XWM most?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EypzUduBqiQ
>>
>>50083669
The TIE/stug heavy attack craft.
>>
>>50083612
Movies rely upon their actors and the performances of those actors. If I'm watching Don't Breathe and the actors didn't draw me in, it wouldn't be as good of a movie. If the acting is poor enough, it even detracts from the movie, shattering immersion and making you think about the performance rather than experiencing the movie. You seem to be under the impression that the movie is what happens when you analyze it's themes and narrative devices. This is understandable as most critics and professors will focus on the analysis, as though you can codify a great work and parse it out into individual components. But a movie is a piece of art, and like all art it is experiential. The movie is what happens when you're watching it, not what happens when you reflect upon it. And when I watch the prequel trilogy, I am frequently not immersed, engaged, or invested in the film. This is to my mind the ultimate failure of film. If I don't care due to poor acting, gauze thin use of CGI, and plot holes, then the movie fails in it's most important goal, which is to transport me to somewhere other than the theater.
>>
>>50083704
Don't take the bait, man.
>>
File: 0nZPeG5 - Imgur.gif (4MB, 719x308px) Image search: [Google]
0nZPeG5 - Imgur.gif
4MB, 719x308px
Special anti-bait delivery.
>>
Hey all, in the spirit of Neuromaniac, I've managed to scan a copy of my freshly delivered copy of the Force Awakens Beginner Game. Since I relied on certain parties to get me here, especially Neuromaniac, I figured giving back to the community would be in the spirit of things!

The scans are of medium quality, and minimal distortion; as best as I could do with what I had available; but it's here. The whole thing, even character tokens. Enjoy!

And if whoever is running the current Biff Tannen folder would like to upload it into his archive, go right ahead. This is for everyone!

And a reminder that if you DO have the ability to share with the community, please do so. We only survive if we work together.

https://www.mediafire.com/?oi0uo4og79sw830
>>
>>50081584
Kinda reminds me of good ol' Canderous.
>>
File: thumbsup.webm (254KB, 1280x532px) Image search: [Google]
thumbsup.webm
254KB, 1280x532px
>>50083742
>>
>>50077069
There's no qt girl clones so I will never like clones as much as Mandalorians
>>
File: TIE-M1_XWA.jpg (63KB, 572x600px) Image search: [Google]
TIE-M1_XWA.jpg
63KB, 572x600px
>>50083669
This. I would also like to see it in Imperial Assault with the starfighter legs upgrade because fuck yeah, TIE Hollander.
>>
>>50083669
>>50083669
Oi, shipfag, did you ever stat that ancient ass CSA dreadnought? I need one badly.

Also general tips for running capship combat.
>>
>>50084501
I did. It's in the OP google docs.
As for capital ship combat, for all my enjoyment of the ships, I really haven't had much chance to run a fight with anything bigger than frigates on the table. All I can suggest is that minion group-ifying weapons batteries on the bigger ships really speeds things up, and that you should really use shield houserules of some kind.
Also, a big ship can MURDER several smaller craft with ease, so watch out for that when you're balancing a fight
>>
>>50084622
Oh i know, I'm actually planning to use ablative shield HP rules for certain and regen cycling with the Dreadnought as a blocker. (Like Thrawn's Unknown Regions fleet in Choices of One)

Speaking of choices of one, Does the ewok have the short-story conclusion to the Nuvo Esva conflict? I hate that it's only found in ONE printing of the Thrawn Trilogy.
>>
>>50084622
Which shield rules do you recommend?
>>
>>50084684
There are a couple, there's the ablative vidya-style shields in the house rules PDF that gets posted all the time but I don't have handy, there's my WEG-style opposed roll shields, and there's another one that I don't really remember but I've heard is good
>>
>>50083794
What are you, gay?
>>
>>50082712

Use the Vigil-class in AoR instead - it's a modernized corvette design.
>>
>>50085106
What the hell do you have against gay people, fagballs?
>>
>>50075687
X wing hands down is better balanced because the mc30c exists as it does and they progressively give rebels tools for problems that don't need to be solved (like giving them a ISD)
>>
>>50085297
I'm sorry, but I don't respect people who refuse to love manly men doing manly things, and instead go for nasty girly bits.
>>
>>50083281
>cyberpunk
Thanks, I had no clue what it was trying to be.
>>
>>50085478
I think you replied to the wrong post.
>>
File: ggxrd-ky.jpg (119KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
ggxrd-ky.jpg
119KB, 1280x720px
>>50083281
Clearly, the king of boy scouts is just using Force Taser. Legends Plo Koon got away with it and nobody ever called him on his shit.
>>
>>50085986

To fair, it is pretty rad. I loved having it maxed in Jedi Academy-enemies would just fucking fly off into the sunset like electrically-charged geese.
>>
>>50085959
Nope. Only a gay guy would like a culture entirely for their cute girls.
>>
>>50084684
>>50084727

I recommend this one (which I presume is the vidya-style one Shipfag aluded to).
>>
>>50086155
But... I don't. I only like them for their cute bounty-hunter boys. The cute girls are just a fun diversion.
>>
File: triocarlos.jpg (35KB, 500x367px) Image search: [Google]
triocarlos.jpg
35KB, 500x367px
>>50086527
So you're in it for Manda-love Thursdays?
>>
File: IMG_0871.jpg (244KB, 500x599px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0871.jpg
244KB, 500x599px
>>50086553
Nope... I'm in it for dat ass!
>>
How bad of an idea is it to have all my ships (X-Wing) with the same Pilot Skill?
>>
>>50086706
It is usually a good idea.
>>
>>50086706
Depends on the ship and list. It's much easier to build a swarm of generic mooks that way.
>>
>>50086706
It's not bad at all. You get to chose the order in which they activate or take their shots. It's common for Atanni Mindlink lists to have the same PS on all (or most) of the ships. This allows them to pick the order of activation as they see fit, often selecting white maneuver ships first, followed by red, then followed by green.
>>
>>50080046
that decimator is fucking glorious
>>
>>50081106
Most likely yes.
>>
I own Most Wanted and 2x Firesprays; what should I get next for Scum & Villainy?
>>
>>50079546
George himself said the Jedi aren't celibate.
>>
>>50086155
No, cute girls are a bonus and why I can't like clone troopers as much. They don't have that bonus.
>>
>>50087766
Hounds tooth I would recommend
>>
>>50087766
Depends on what you like.

Big, fat shuttles? YV-666

Killing all humans, and booze? An Aggressor or two.

Asajj, the edgiest night sister? Shadowcaster.

The ugliest son of a bitch and his blue mind-meld waifu? 2 Jumpmasters (2 is a good idea anyways for the Mindlinks).

Zuckus and 4-Lom? Misthunter.

Black Sun? Starviper.

Interceptors? Protectorate Starfighter.
>>
>>50087929

Gotta pass on them force-sensitive genes somehow.
>>
File: imperiallightcruiser.png (93KB, 959x1178px) Image search: [Google]
imperiallightcruiser.png
93KB, 959x1178px
I stated the Imperial Light Crusier using as many accurate sources as I could. How is it?
>>
>>50077343
As a smuggler of memes from both /swg/ and /swco/ I can tell you that both boards are really good.

Much better than the /tv/ shithole. except for Lukelust threads, those are great
>>
>>50088085
>>
>>50088067
In canon, the Skywalker family are one of only two known families of Force sensitives. The other was a set of sisters, both Jedi, who only appeared in one story arc of TCW.

While Force sensitivity CAN be tied to genetics and inheritance, it's never been a distinct thing that always runs in families and only those families. Obi-Wan's family didn't contain Force users other than him. Neither did Ahsoka's. For dark side examples, see how Mother Talzin isn't a natural Force user, but Maul is (granted, there may be okay, almost definitely is some weird shit happening there given her being all "it is magic, I do not have to explain it" with things.
>>
File: TIEdefender_negvv.jpg (482KB, 928x800px) Image search: [Google]
TIEdefender_negvv.jpg
482KB, 928x800px
Need help deciding my next buy. I play imperials only. I have both cores, aces, vets, a tie, tie fo, interceptor, defender, adv prototype. What next? Semi avoiding the inevitable slave 1 and stationery tech buys, especially the star viper for obvious reasons.
>>
>>50088180
A Special Forces TIE
>>
>>50088132
I think Force users appear at random, but the next couple generations of their kids have a higher chance of innate sensitivity.
>>
>>50077268
>Bloodline, Good political book showing the struggles of the New Republic being crushed under a resurgent Imperial faction. Lots of feels.

>Lords of the Sith, Darth Vader learning from Sheev, and Sheev having the time of his life slaughtering everything.

>New Dawn, Great story about Hera and Kanan meeting and stirring up shit

I'm getting around to Lost Stars now, but the ones I've mentioned are really good. There's a short story about the Crimson Coursair that is really good too.

I highly recommend listening to the audiobooks as they incorporate music and sound effects. (This almost makes Wendig just shitty and not cancer)
>>
>>50077268
>>50088275
Oh and if you like Ahsoka, her new book isn't half bad.

Its a good story, but a little rough around the edges.
>>
>>50088180
Get a Punisher, Bomber, or more Ties and Tie/FOs.
>>
>>50088085

The stats for the hull seem fine, but I think the armament needs to be a point or two more damaging; hits from those cannons are shown to be pretty hefty (see the failed blockade run, for instance). It also underlines the fact a player party can't expect their ship to take many hits, without outright turbolasering them.
>>
>>50088209
Seems cool but I have no clue how to build em
>>
>>50088085
The crew is approximately 50-100 times too small for a ship that size, but that's on TCW/rebels, not you.
Weapon-wise it should have some turbolasers, but otherwise, looks pretty good, though my personal inclination would be towards a lower SS and higher HT, but that's entirely subjective opinion
>>
>>50088323
Played with idea of the punisher for the mk engines alon. More ties could be cool but I'd need to do a swarm without crackshot likely. Why the bomber?
>>
>>50088516
The weapons are really hard to figure out, I was going to make them light turbolasers with linked 3 but that seems too powerful, but as you said they took out a CR90 during a blockade run. Even if you adjust the CR90's stats to be more accurate to what's now canon, it doesn't make it easier. Maybe boost the damage from the stock quads by one or two?
>>
>>50088540
Quickdraw with Rage/Push the Limit, Electronic Baffle, Special Ops Training was played against me this week, did work.
>>
>>50088594
The problem is, all capital ships are depicted as laughably fragile in the cartoons, which is a problem when attempting to relate that to the tabletop, where by and large ships follow the older level of durability
>>
>>50088542
I'm generally not a fan of large crew sizes. Unless it's a large ship like a Star Destroyer, that's just too many. Going by what's shown on screen just keeps me sane. I looked at stat block for various stated imperial ships though.

>>50088644
The movies aren't really consistent either.
>>
>>50088540
You could also go Stay on Target with Advanced Sensors on Quickdraw, for Keyan Farlander levels of redirection bullshit at PS 9. You still have to burn that stress somewhere, but it's great if you suddenly need to change where the fuck your going so you don't bump or end up blatted from the side at R1.
>>
>>50088714
The ship needs a total crew of at least 40-60. People often overlook crew like gunners, engineers, various officers, etc. Plus you need enough people to stand multiple watches, military vessels are generally over staffed to make up for potential casualties and provide extra people for damage control teams.
>>
>>50088568
Punisher is mostly for the massive pile of ordnance, Mk II engines, and Extra Munitions. Bomber is because two bombers with -insert veterans bomber shit here- can be pretty fun.

Getting more ties is always nice. And it feels like 4 is a good base number on them. Plus it lets you run a bunch of named pilots, who are crazy cheap and still quite useful. Alternatively, just pick up the Gozanti to give yourself a total of 5 Ties and all the pilots.
>>
>>50088821
I always figure that independant ships with a crew (a.k.a. not military) tend to run more skeleton. Like maybe 6 people on a ship that usually needs 16 to command. As in everyone is doing multiple tasks, or rerouting functions through automated systems. Not unlike what is seen in expanse, where they have 4 people in their crew, manning something like 12 crew positions on the ship.
>>
>>50088714
A small crew for a ship that size would be 150 men, not five guys and a troop detachment. You're got to remember how huge these ships actually are. Plus, people can't stay on duty 24/7, which means that you essentially REQUIRE a crew at least 3x the number of people needed to operate every system, plus people to do things like cook for or clean up after the systems operators, AND to do the same thing for the troop detachment on board, plus the hoard of electricians, plumbers, droid repairmen ect required to keep the systems that the systems operators operate working. So, even if it really only does take five guys on the bridge and no gunners to run one of those things, you're still looking at more like fifty crew, more if they aren't literally the only operations guys aboard
>>
File: ilc2.png (92KB, 959x1139px) Image search: [Google]
ilc2.png
92KB, 959x1139px
>>50088821
>>50088965
I forgot that you'd need gunners and engineers. The ship has 8 escape pods that can carry ~5 people so I guess that's enough. Also adjusted the HT and SS a bit.
>>
>>50088965
Cleanup is usually droid work with maybe a supervisor.
>>
>>50089015

I'd say bump it at least to heavy lasers for the extra range, those are some big guns.
>>
>>50089015
>>50089095
Or twin light Turbo Twin Heavy laser, the barrels are slightly different scale after all
>>
>>50089133

That's a good idea; maybe slap the twin light Turbolasers with Slow Firing 2, as they aren't on an optimised platform/generators are shared with the twin heavy laser cannons?
>>
>>50089095
Done

>>50089133
The CW era arquitens had four turbo lasers on the sides, but the empire replaced them with two escape pods each. The remaining weapons were never specified as turbolasers, only "Quad Laser Turrets." So I dunno.

I wonder if the empire kept the four missile bays though...
>>
File: rlc.png (141KB, 959x1529px) Image search: [Google]
rlc.png
141KB, 959x1529px
>>50089297
Made the republic version
>>
Little question regarding Obligations in EotE. I'm planning to begin a campaign soon, and me and my players are new to FFG SW.

One of them plays a Twi'lek Smuggler who hates slavery more than anything. He picked Oath as an obligation (he has 10 so far and might upgrade it to 15). His oath is to never participate in slavery, and even to free slaves whenever it's possible and safe for them.

Where do I go from there? How do I use that against him, aside from the obvious "there's a slave you can free there but you might get caught freeing him"? And the biggest question: how can he settle that obligation?
>>
>>50089784

Perhaps freeing them means a friend will suffer in their stead, and the PC doesn't realize that until after. Or perhaps they're utter bastards, and they were made slaves because death is too good for them. Or someone (maybe even the PCs) has the chance to do some great, wonderful thing for countless people, but they need to deal with slavers to make it happen.
>>
>>50089942
That's helpful, thanks. Especially considering that I want my players to kinda slowly drift towards the Alliance and eventually have the possibility to join them. I could tie that into that obligation.

So in that situation, he would reduce his obligation score by taking time to target slavers, right? Do I have to periodically increase it when he's not doing anything?
>>
Anyone have a good scan of Savage Spirits?

Or Forged in Battle?
>>
>>50089942
>Perhaps freeing them means a friend will suffer in their stead, and the PC doesn't realize that until after.
Enslaved slavers.
The PC doesn't know that the guy he freed was really a ruthless slaver himself. After freeing him the slaver starts up his operations again, or the freed slaver turns over information on the PCs to a Hutt that sets bounties on anyone that harms the slaving industry.
>>
>>50090173

Sure. Oaths are like any other obligation-keep blowing them off, and they'll get harder to ignore.
>>
>>50090308
That's a good idea. I'll be sure to use this somehow.

>>50090693
Alright. I'll read the CRB again with that in mind. Thanks!
>>
Does anyone here collect Star Wars Topps trading cards?
>>
What are your stat-line predictions for the Z-95 Headhunter in Armada?

> Speed 3
> Hull 3
> 4 Blue Anti-squadron
> Black Anti-ship
> Swarm
> 10 Points
Thread posts: 330
Thread images: 91

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.