[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I know /tg/ has mixed feelings about beastpeople, but what

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: 1467533330209.jpg (81KB, 450x578px) Image search: [Google]
1467533330209.jpg
81KB, 450x578px
So I know /tg/ has mixed feelings about beastpeople, but what about mixed up or chimera beastmen?

So instead of just Minotaurs or bull people, they are a mix of bulls, bison, goats, horses and sheep. Or instead of rat people, they are a mix of rats, bats, Oppossums and weasels or something.

Would these be more interesting and less cringy beastfolk?
>>
>>50070709
It's not beast people as a whole that /tg/ hates, it's the blatant Final Fantasy-like waifu-bait beast people.
>>
>>50070709
Bloodborne was the first thing in a while to make beast people scary again
>>
>>50070785

But those are monsters, not really playable characters.
>>
I think generally if you make them their own thing, and don't just present them as bat-bear-man-pigs or whatever then you'd be golden. One of the biggest problems with beast races is treating them as either just animal-y humans or as human stereotypes of a particular animal, which just comes across lame, lazy, and reeking of furbait. If you go the distance and make them an actual culture that's a part of the setting, then even wolf/cat/etcmen can be good.

Making them a hybrid, fictional species, or just generally not a specific animal deflects preexisting stereotypes and ideas and makes it that much easier to make them their own thing without people coming in and going "oh, they look like cats, they must be lazy, and that's a dog man so he must be loyal and dumb, etc"
>>
>>50071056
SO what do you think of Iron Kingdoms:Unleashed? It's basically "beast peoples: the rpg"
>>
>>50071379
Don't really know too much about it. Never really been a fan of Privateer's kinda WoWish aesthetic. From what I've seen it looks okay. Cajun swamp gator man is a bit cliche (and that's mainly what I'm seeing when I google it other than their goofy trolls in tophats) but I have a soft spot for southernisms in fantasy and aligator men, so I'd give it a biased pass
>>
File: Farrow Scout Trooper 1.jpg (2MB, 2322x4128px) Image search: [Google]
Farrow Scout Trooper 1.jpg
2MB, 2322x4128px
>>50071379
>>50071442
I like the farrow a ton.
>>
>>50071379
tell us about it, for those of us too lazy to crime up a book
>>
>>50070709
So actual furries then.
>>
>>50074324
The hell are you on about?
>>
>>50070709

I already did this. Goblins started to integrate beast features because of alchemy, giving them similarities to rats and rabbits. the result is a fast-breeding species of vicious little fuckers that look reasonably cute until one of them is stabbing at your ankles because they can all gank you when you fall.

Nobody ever thinks of rabbits as the vicious little fucks they are. they bite and scream and hate fucking everything. You see rabbit ears and it's immediately a SEXY WAIFU but I elected instead to make them cruel little pukes.
>>
>>50074324

Except they were already that so...?

I'm curious to know what your definition of 'actual furry' is, here.
>>
File: VEFgK5V[1].png (298KB, 373x480px) Image search: [Google]
VEFgK5V[1].png
298KB, 373x480px
>>50070709
Mongrelmen are already a thing, and are fine.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.