[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help /tg/! I'm running a 5e DND game tonight, I'm hung

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: 1470788089516.jpg (15KB, 476x264px) Image search: [Google]
1470788089516.jpg
15KB, 476x264px
Help /tg/! I'm running a 5e DND game tonight, I'm hung over, and I've put no prep work into it. Give me some puzzles I can throw in my dungeon to fill time.
>>
>>50070219
Is it the first game of the campaign?
>>
Primetive narrow hallway with numbered tiles and doors at the end, they need to be stepped on in the correct order to open the doors.
>>
>>50070219
You could always use the two doors two guards puzzle. One guard tells the only the truth and the other one always lies. You can only ask one question.
>>
A room with an old hermit who asks them to play 20 questions over and over, refusing to let them leave. And so they just don't kill him, make him a level 20 wizard.
>>
>>50070219
Make a light puzzle, but instead of lights its weights and tile floors that keep a roof suspended in order to allow them to open a door that is only able to be opened from inside, but cannot be because of the lowered roof

http://www.ueda.info.waseda.ac.jp/~n-kato/lightsout/

Use something like this to try and make a valid puzzle.
>>
File: 20161102_141442.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20161102_141442.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>50070259
One shot 4 hour dungeon crawl. Also, I'm an LGS manager, just got my copy of Volo's AMA.
>>
>>50070389
Post Triton page/stats pls
I have 4 bretty gud puzzles I ripped off the internet, but it's on my computer. How much time do you have?
>>
File: 20161102_143813.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20161102_143813.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>50070594
5 hours
>>
File: 20161102_143819.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20161102_143819.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>50070737
>>
>>50070753
I've got 5 text files and a png that's pic related to one of them.
Can you upload .zip files to 4chan? Or is there a non-shady file xfer I could use
>>
>>50071010
Fuck it. Incoming dump
1)
A while ago, our DM had us enter into a 45' x 45' room with strange glyphs on the floor.
It ends up, we were playing a large Sudoku game.
Each turn, a PC could select a symbol as a free action for a tile at or adjacent to his position.
Incorrect choices hurt the PCs or buffed the random monsters that kept popping into existence and attacking us.

//summary: not much to say. Requires a 9x9 grid to do, and is fairly time consuming. Look up an easy Sudoku puzzle so players don't spend 5ever doing this
>>
File: players-maze.jpg (41KB, 523x404px) Image search: [Google]
players-maze.jpg
41KB, 523x404px
>>50071091
2)
//note: this requires a semi-large play mat

-PC's start in center, either by magic or pitfall
-There's some kind of penalty/risk if you try to jump over the gaps (magic barrier if you want to be a dick)
-Each portal teleports you to a portal /two portals clockwise/ (e.g., portal #3 goes to the one at 6 o'clock
-The goal is to entire the same portal twice. (If PC's are dumb, point out that the portal you just went through is now all purple-y and magical)
-Make sure to put a riddel at point 1 to give a hint to the above objective (make it cryptic or something)

pic related
>>
>>50071112
3)
//ripped online text
This is a super simple one a gm pulled on me but trips up parties in a hurry.

In a previous room the party finds a note in elven ( only 1 party members spoke it in this case me) saying "312 not 321" which meant nothing at the time.

Go a bit further and suddenly the door behind the party slams shut locking us in there with a wall closing in, 2 undead and 3 switches.

While dealing with the undead the party gets in position to flip the switches (which takes time due to it being a kinda long hallway)

So going from top to bottom on the map we flip the switches in 312 order, fails. Try the other way going from bottom to the top it fails. By this time we've dealt with the undead and the wall is dangerously close. Last turn GM has me do an perception check and find the switch i was next to was labeled 2 and not 3 like i thought revealing the switches where numbered in an odd order.

Do it in the order listed and it works.

Not complex but if you're in too much of a hurry to check around you can give your party a bit of a scare.

//summary
Players find a note that says "312, not 321"
A while later, they come across three levels in a massive hallway along with a giant door in the center
The farthest to the left has a plaque with a "3" over it
The other two are blurred/scratched out (A high dc int check will reveal the center one is a "1", the right one is a "2"

The trick is that the players will almost always pull the levers in this order: left, right, center
The answer is this order: center, right, left //one, two, three
Make sure to have a time-pressing danger (enclosing wall, zombies as mentioned above, maybe you have to save the princess, etcetc)
>>
>>50071130
4)
When I am alive I do not speak.
Anyone who wants to takes me captive and cuts off my head.
They bite my bare body
I do no harm to anyone unless they cut me first.
Then I soon make them cry.
-Onion (Maybe a vegetable garden with a key tied to/replaced as one of the roots of an onion plant?)

I am all on my own,
Wounded by iron weapons and scarred by swords.
I often see battle.
I am tired of fighting.
I do not expect to be allowed to retire from warfare
Before I am completely done for.
At the wall of the city, I am knocked about
And bitten again and again.
Hard edged things made by the blacksmith's hammer attack me.
Each time I wait for something worse.
I have never been able to find a doctor who could make me better
Or give me medicine made from herbs.
Instead the sword gashes all over me grow bigger day and night.
-A shield (Maybe for a statue with a hand outstretched?)
//maybe make it attack you, and then when you kill it, the door opens. That's p. spoopy
>>
>>50071156
5)
Too long to paste, and I just realized I should've used pastebin in the firstplace, fug
http://pastebin.com/HmE8iWB1
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.