[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that mtg became too expensive, does /tg/ know any other similar

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: 1476750738567.jpg (337KB, 715x848px) Image search: [Google]
1476750738567.jpg
337KB, 715x848px
Now that mtg became too expensive, does /tg/ know any other similar enough card game but good and cheap ?
>>
I'm going to get nailed to a cross for this, but Hearthstone is a pretty good, free, MTG like game.
>>
>>50069314
>good
>cheap
pick one
>>
Or you could just not be poor and play MTG. Honestly, it's not hard to play the game on a budget. You just seem like a whiny bitch who should probably go back to your Xbone as your primary source of entertainment.
>>
>>50069314
Good AND cheap?

Solitaire.
>>
Deck building games where you only use the set of cards that come with the game?

TCGs in general tend to be more expensive but of course if you agree with the people you play to impose limits that can be curbed.

If you LIKE magic, but don't like the cost, then agree to not go out net decking $1000 decks.

At the other end of the spectrum from that kind of friendly agreement you have something like Penny Dreadful rules where you specifically say you are only allowed to use cards which cost a certain amount.

In PDs case this is a list of all cards that cost $0.01 at the time of the newest set release. Now those cards will creep up in price if people are buying them or a new net deck starts using one, but generally they will never get "expensive".

This kind of rule can be applied to any TCG.

As for "good" alternatives that's kinda too much of a personal thing. I have fun with Pokemon but it's a lot more restrictive in what you can do than Magic for example, there isn't as much depth.
>>
>>50069314
You could just play magic duels if you're so poor.
>>
LCG type things like Netrunner or Codex maybe?

They are expensive, but not MtG expensive.
>>
If you don't mind the weeb art, Force of Will is cheaper than MtG to get into and is still a solid game. Normally I'd recommend The Spoils too, but it's gone to shit in the last set or so.
>>
>>50069435
>>50069333
I wanted something me and my senpaitachi could play during lunch break at work.

>>50069491
I like it, but my friends think that netrunner is too complex. Never heard of Codex gonna give it a look.

>>50069501
How weeb are talking about ? But anyway, if its yugioh tier weeb it should be fine since most of us played yugioh once.
>>
>>50069609

Well if it's just the two of you and fun is the main goal then you can go for any of the options avaliable.

Making a couple of decks yourself out of cheap cards, or grabbing a couple of Penny Dreadful decks off TappedOut, would probably be the cheapest of all options.

You could just ask some local players/stores if they have any "worthless" cards they want rid of then you and you friend get to spend time trying to make decks together in addition to playing.

Some rule can probably be applied to any TCG but Magic is probably the easiest to find people who just want rid of cards doing nothing but taking up space that have no real resale value.

On the alternatives to MtG front the Final Fantasy TCG just released in english you could try to grab a couple of the starter decks for that, I hear they aren't too bad. Certainly compared to Pokemon where the starter decks are fucking awful.
>>
File: 1477743566006.png (699KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1477743566006.png
699KB, 1000x1000px
I want to fuck Piruluk.
>>
>>50069314
>mtg became too expensive

what

it's literally as exensive as you wat it

I used to be hardcore competitive, now I just play casually with my friends and it's not only more fun, but also much cheaper.
>>
>>50069609
>Never heard of Codex gonna give it a look.

Codex is a bit complex as well, but I like it and it got pretty good reviews (if that sort of stuff can sway anyone).
>>
>MTG
>became expensive
>became
Shut the fuck or get a real job.
>>
File: 1438937438683.gif (32KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1438937438683.gif
32KB, 250x250px
>>50069362
>asks a straightforward question without any remarks or particular attitude
>entitled whiny bitch

In any event OP, I do think you're mistaken in thinking you can't play mtg for cheap. Did your group decide to have an arms race and start going for the pricey goodstuff cards? You might be in trouble there, but you could always try pushing for Pauper. A couple archetypes like Infect can still cost you some, but still not nearly as much.
>>
>>50069907
Wow, Codex looks really interesting thanks anon.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.