[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the longest amount of time you've spent playing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 2356979265_f43e5a563a.jpg (31KB, 498x341px) Image search: [Google]
2356979265_f43e5a563a.jpg
31KB, 498x341px
What is the longest amount of time you've spent playing in or running a game that you didn't enjoy?

What made the game unenjoyable?

Why did you stay for so long?
>>
>>50064720
0 hours because I leave if I don't enjoy a game.
>>
>>50064720
>One session
>Turned out to just be a fucking dungeon crawl
>It's rude to just walk out/had to give it a chance to improve
>>
>What is the longest amount of time you've spent playing in or running a game that you didn't enjoy?
Five sessions.
>What made the game unenjoyable?
I'll spare the details, but the other players were obnoxious and dumb as fuck and constantly did obnoxious and dumb as fuck things.
>Why did you stay for so long?
DM was a cool guy and I knew the players were going to get themselves killed in some hilariously stupid way and I wanted to be there to see it.
We were fighting some orcs on the side of a snowy mountain, when the party alchemist decided to throw a bomb.
>>
>>50064720
A couple of my old friends asked me to run something in 5e for them, to try it out. We put together a group with other friends who had never played before, and I ran the first module, Hoard of the Dragon Queen. It was horrible. The rules are very much NOT what I want from a game, the module was bad even with my intervention, and half of the group was uncommitted. I forced myself to get to the end, and the last session was actually decent, but that was my last time with 5e and with those players.
>>
My current Exalted campaign is on hiatus currently. I've run it for 15 sessions and I just don't like the weight of the system, it's just awful for the GM.
>>
>>50064720
>What is the longest amount of time you've spent playing in or running a game that you didn't enjoy?
About 4 sessions That's just the full combat sessions, the actual campaign was more like twelve
>What made the game unenjoyable?
Only War, the social stuff was good but the GM loved ridiculously large (for an RPG) battles and they always took far too long, also the party never really planned nor worked together, as soon as the battle started our squad was split into three different groups doing shit on opposite ends of the field. Also I got instagibbed by a tank that couldn't have known I was there.
>Why did you stay for so long?
Because all the other shit was pretty alright.
>>
>>50064720
Abput three months.
Friend of mine ran a campaign about a year ago, but due to sheer bad luck, two of my characters died, while nobody else's had, resulting in neither my character, nor me, having any interest in the plot. Thankfully the campaign ended around about the point I was getting ready to quit outright because I'd gotten bored of the plot, and I was sick of the other players always criticising me for role playing a character who didn't act like a 21st century westerner in plate armour.
>>
>>50064720
Around 6 months of 5-7 hours session once a week.

Player from my game wanted to DM. 6 months of every NPC being an asshole, every enemy having 50% more AC and 200% more HP than usual and every decision and all major enemies defeated by ultra powerful DMPC who was also a condescending asshole

Stayed so I could DM again afterwards. Almost not worth it
>>
>>50064720
years.
gamist GM whereas i am a more simulationist/narrative player.
friendship.
>>
File: Darksoulsface.jpg (32KB, 577x384px) Image search: [Google]
Darksoulsface.jpg
32KB, 577x384px
>>50064788
Elaborate.
>>
>>50064720
A couple of sessions, and the only reason I didn't leave sooner was because my then roommate was the one running the game and I couldn't come up with a good excuse to not be there every Sunday.
>>
>>50064720
>5 weeks
>female criticized my design and DM work in typical dumbfemme way
>she's my best friend's wife
>>
4 sessions, because it was for friends and I felt bad leaving without giving them a chance. That was just the longest, I've played/run probably 7 campaigns with them that didn't go past 3 sessions
>>
>>50064720
10 months now. Will be 11 next month by the end of November
>>
>>50064720

It's still ongoing.

It's a long term grand strategy wargame. I'm convinced that the game is up, that the other side has won, and things have gone too far to recover from. The rest of the board disagrees with my assessment, and we're still playing.

And just, investing probably another 50 hours in a hopeless position is soul-draining. Doubly so when your teammates are idiots.

I'm staying because I do like the group in general, and hey, I might be wrong.
>>
I have a rule for myself, that if I notice that I've stopped enjoying a specific campaign, I will stick around for two more sessions. If it doesn't pick up by then, It's not worth it.
>>
>>50066040
I'd reckon it was an Avalanche.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.