[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you run a good adventure around preventing an assassination?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0154.jpg (22KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0154.jpg
22KB, 275x183px
How do you run a good adventure around preventing an assassination?

Next week I'll be running my delta green game on Election Day
>>
>>50062861
>the mark doesnt want your help and you need to find a way to protect it anyway
let the players figure out the most likely routes of assassination by acquiring the killer's profile(s). let the idenitfy most likely occasions/places for the assassination attempt. work from there.
>>
>>50064713
The problem is, they can fail on the first second of the session. Maybe the first moment of the session is a bodyguard getting killed? Like they see it on CNN as a "cutscene" which I don't roll, and the adventure goes from there?
>>
File: Hillary sale.jpg (39KB, 533x354px) Image search: [Google]
Hillary sale.jpg
39KB, 533x354px
>>50062861
They know there will be an attempt, but they don't know by whom.

Now they have to infiltrate the different shades of alt-right, KKK, a militia, Evangelical fundamentalists, Mormons, Koch puppets, and find out who's running the op.

In the end it's a radicalized angsty twen guided by professional Russian trolls impersonating an interpersonal conscience of the Internet, and none of them thought it'd really happen. But it does.

Also the candidate eats the bullet and doesn't seem to mind, hooking your next mission trying to find out what it is and why it wanted to become president.
>>
>>50066798
This is the last session of the delta green campaign. nyarlathotep has emerged as a viable third party candidate, Clinton is allied with the mi-go and is bringing the ninth planet (yuggoth) to earth to work out a trade deal, trump is just a bad person with zero supernatural ties. Considering having trump go down first for a bit of catharsis. N wants to save humans from the mi-go by opening doorways to other planets (though they require gruesome sacrifices). The assassins are a team of undead DG agents which want to utilize mi-go tech to broadcast their undead radio waves to the whole planet
>>
>>50066866
In this premise Trump must be man's salvation. I like it. Mankind learning to choose it's own blatant inadequacies represented by a populist loudmouth with no base in fact or compassion over the inscrutable vision and awesome power of Nyarly.

There is a lesson in that. It is dirty and probably an evolutionary dead end, but it's HFY!
>>
>>50062861

Easy. You start with a news report with breaking news about the [Location] [Target] [Method] of the assassination (lone gunman or whatever) and then have a pile of conflicting witness reports "It was one man!" "There are reports of a high powered rifle shot" etc.

You finish off with "We have unconfirmed reports that [The Target] WAS hit, but we don't know if they are alive or if the assailant was successful."

Then you wind time back and brief your players as if you have none of this information.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.