[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I'm GMing a supers game for a few friends and all is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (212KB, 980x608px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
212KB, 980x608px
So I'm GMing a supers game for a few friends and all is well. Too well. Villians have been pushed back and the heroes have been getting new toys of use from their gadgeteer teammate. What I want to do is to have them in a heated battle with the more powerful villians of the city and then a threat pops up that instantly stops the fighting and has everyone team up on the new threat. Any ideas on what the threat could be? The signal? The lethality?
>>
>>50053508
Steal from the justice league cartoon.

>webs in the fabrics of space are starting to unravel for some reason
>could be a cosmic horror just taking a stroll through the neighbor hood, some powerful wizard doing it for shits and giggles, or an alternate reality where good guys,are,the bad,guys and vicer versa
> this is causing all earths of every reality to occupy the same space in time

>world ending

It would probably be the only reason why villans and heros would team up
>>
Take a note from a grimdark web novel called Worm. There are creatures of massive power and destructiveness that regularly attack cities and even more regularly kill at least 25% of all superhumans that show up. There's a whole list of unwritten rules and truces that allow everyone, hero and villian, to set aside their beliefs to defend humanity in these fights.
>The signal?
Air Raid sirens.
>Lethality?
If you get hit by an endbringer and don't have a high durability power you're dead. D.E.A.D. Roll a d4 for every NPC that shows up and if that NPC rolls a 1 they die. That's literally how the author did it even risking the MC.
>>
>>50053508

Other reccomendations in this thread were good but if you're still looking, there's always the whole "perfect being gone wild" thing. Maybe one of the villains or even one of the heroes tries to build an ultimate lifeform that will slay enemies or keep the world safe without the need of heroes. However, it gains its own free will and comes to the logical conclusion that if there are no heroes or villains left alive, the world wouldn't constantly have to deal with the fallout of their schemes and battles.

Notable media that does this or something similar: Age of Ultron, JoJo part 2, 2001 A Space Odyssey, The Day the Earth Stood Still (the newer one is shit). In fact you may wanna ask /co/ for some more examples, there's a few that are eluding me at the moment which I'm sure could help you with your writing.
>>
>>50053588
>Batman and joker in one of their fights while driving 200mph on the highway
>joker gets thrown into a river, gets out, has a fist fight with batman, and almost dies.
>As batman winds up for the knockout punch an endbringer siren rings out.
>He pulls joker up and then drives both of them to city hall to congregate along with every other hero, villian, and independent cape in the state to prepare against whatever monster shows up this time.
I can see it.
>>
>>50054119

What would those two even do against an Endbringer?
>>
>>50054266
Batman brings out his super secret endbringer killer device and the joker runs semantics and strategy with his claws in the back pocket of nearly every supervillian in the city.
>>
>>50054544
>semantics

Perhaps you meant "logistics?"
>>
>>50054731
Yes.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.