[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My players are getting ready to head deep underground into the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 8

File: olga-wilson-bubblegum-g-2.jpg (134KB, 705x1024px) Image search: [Google]
olga-wilson-bubblegum-g-2.jpg
134KB, 705x1024px
My players are getting ready to head deep underground into the Dwarven Empire, which has been fighting a centuries long war against a demonic infestation from the inside out. The regional lords have to close off tunnels and sections of their lands to prevent the blight from spreading AS fast.

I need your dwarven NPCs and plot hooks.

Also Dwarf art dump
>>
File: 1467028081395.jpg (39KB, 500x707px) Image search: [Google]
1467028081395.jpg
39KB, 500x707px
So far...
>Order of dwarf paladins runs the show, started initial wave of demons as a way to keep control/make populace rely on them
>Got real out of hand real quick
>Now have to keep the lie going while legitimately trying to solve the problem (mostly)
>>
File: 97507z9puü9o.jpg (277KB, 632x700px) Image search: [Google]
97507z9puü9o.jpg
277KB, 632x700px
>>50053407
>>Order of dwarf paladins runs the show, started initial wave of demons as a way to keep control/make populace rely on them
After these tunnels have been closed off, the paladins advocate digging too deep to unleash another ancient evil.
>>
File: 1452045805252.jpg (325KB, 1280x1094px) Image search: [Google]
1452045805252.jpg
325KB, 1280x1094px
>Dwarves are making golems Dragon Age style to keep demon forces at bay
>Azer have been contracted for forging these golems
>>
File: 1336644410463.jpg (63KB, 400x550px) Image search: [Google]
1336644410463.jpg
63KB, 400x550px
>>50053630
What could be deeper than demons? Drow? Devils? Re-flavoured slivers?
>>
>Engineer wants to use technology forbidden by Guild
>Believes he'll be able to build something that saves the day
If he succeeds, the creation will fuck up much of the tunnels and go boom itself, but destroy a great amount of foes. Engineer is happy, but still has to enlist the !Slayer cult
>>
>>50053407
There's proof of the paladin's complicity down in the tunnels (or at least the paladins think there is). They try to prevent others from going down under the guise of it being too dangerous for non-paladins, and aren't above ensuring that anyone who might find this evidence "die in valiant combat."
>>
>>50053727
Don't know, there could be something sealed off from ancient times, like the greek titans.
>>
>>50053407
One hold used the demons as an excuse to seal off highly valuable seams - they send people to "fight" demons as a cover to hide their mining, meaning they have a lot more wealth than they're declared to have.

That hold later did actually fall to demons, leaving the "brave warriors" who are actually miners trapped behind the big seals used to seal off the "demon infested" tunnels by actual demons infesting their now fallen hold (which has much more treasure than anyone thinks it should have)

One large hold is allegedly building up its forces and arsenal in preparation for a big push against the demons - but it's worrying the neighbours and there's subtle hints that the hold's nobility have been corrupted by some of the more subtle form of demons.

Unaware of the demonic war, some group is readying to attack one of the most overstretched but important holds.

A dwarven sage who reckons he knows about some ancient anti-demon relics
>>
>>50053765
For added irony: There is no proof, and all the paladins are doing in trying to cover this up is making it clear they have something to hide.
>>
>>50053407
I always had a soft spot for Warcraft Dwarves. I suggest to add Archaeologists and Ambassadors from other dwarf clans.
>>
File: 1378936590770.jpg (692KB, 1385x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1378936590770.jpg
692KB, 1385x1000px
>>50053739
>Engineer with plans forbidden by paladins, high chance of backfiring
>Zealous cleric whose plan involves mass sacrifice of a hold or two
>Paladin not in on the schemes bent on funding foreign mercenaries who will 100% find out what's really going on
No one's plan is perfect, everything will fuck up somehow, players decide who to trust/will fuck up the least

>>50053776
I like the idea of holds working against each other despite the evil encroaching, everyone's trying to get their clan to come out on top
>>
>>50053727
Lovecraft shit.
>>
>>50053407
>inb4 they weren't even real paladins before unleashing the demons, but the gods decided to grant them holy power to give them an actual shot at fixing their screw-up
>>
File: Dwarf Mohawk.jpg (593KB, 643x900px) Image search: [Google]
Dwarf Mohawk.jpg
593KB, 643x900px
>>50054053
Hey why should an impending/ongoing demonic invasion be any reason to put aside old grudges, or not be aiming to get your clan to prominence ?
>>
>>50058380
Good point. Clans have long lives and longer memories
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.