[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm setting up this NPC, a wizard, who was studying under

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

I'm setting up this NPC, a wizard, who was studying under the tutelage of a necromancer. He eventually picked up skill to be able to have a dozen armed zombies as guards and with this entourage, he is travelling the badlands, inspecting the caves and tombs and compounding the strenghts of his undead minions with his own arcane powers when necesarry. He loots interesting stuff and has it sold/exchanged for other magic items by his borderland contacts.

I'd like to hear your opinion on how does the wizard use his zombies? Other adventurers may not be exactly a common sight in wast badlands, but orcs, goblins, ogres and occasional dragon are.

What would be wizard's standard operating procedure when setting up camp near a site to explore?

If anyone needs to know, its dnd 5e and I'm using Mage (CR6) as base for my NPC. "A dozen armored zombies a day" is a special power I have given him as a DM.

thanks
>>
The obvious is pack mules and cannon fodder. 12 undead would be able to carry quite a lot while experiencing no ill side effects such as exhaustion. If he was an especially luxurious sort he could even be carried by them himself. When he sets up camp it would be only logical to have them form a perimeter around it as guards. Because its a badland, they could even be dispersed on the ground as if theyre actual dead bodies to ambush any potential ambushers.

As for in a fight, how he treats them depends heavily on how he views them. If theyre just constructs or tools to him then hes likely to use them as meat shields and trap testers. If he sees them as more than just a tool then Id imagine that he would be more careful and respectful towards them, less zerg rush and more tactics. But, would make sense to always have him be in the middle of them whether theyre in a tight or loose formation.
>>
>>50052130
does he know other things than necromancy? what kind of education does he have? what is his motivation?
>>
>>50053668

He knows most common low-level spells.
He was a Red wizard of Thai untill Shazz Tam took over. He had moved north to Sword coast to improve his knowledge of ancient items, especially those of lost empire of Netheril.
He is basically a scolar who must fend off pesky things that want to prevent him from looting places with possible magic items.
>>
Depending on the flavour of him, you could have him casually chat with them, like you might talk to your cat or dog. Like, he knows it is a silly affectation, but he misses some company. Also, he might be sort of trying to hide his eagerness whenever he bumps into the PCs, insisting they camp with him, offering drinks and stuff.

On the other hand, maybe he is the antisocial cold scholar, who treats them exactly as the tools they are (to him).
That person might have one of them set up as a writing-stand, carrying ink and parchment and wearing a flat wooden surface on its back, so that he can take notes.

I like the idea of him.
>>
That's a cool image, where's it from?
>>
>>50054524
I think i googled "armored zombie" to get it.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.