[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm not asking which is better, but would you say matches

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: 30kv40k.jpg (24KB, 437x361px) Image search: [Google]
30kv40k.jpg
24KB, 437x361px
I'm not asking which is better, but would you say matches with a 30k and a 40k army to be fair, or eschewed toward one or the other?
>>
>>50049985

Generally 40k armies are stronger than 30k.

Their are exceptions of course. Vulkite will rape orks and nids all day. High end 40k shits on anything 30k, however.
>>
>>50050099
I've actually heard the opposite. I don't know if it's saltiness though or based on any truth.
>>
>>50050114

They are innately feared due to being a full forgeworld army.

There really is nothing in 30k that can stand up to the level of bullshit that 40k space marines and Eldar can throw out.
>>
>>50050129
This.
They would have been equal in a 3k matchup, because 30k comes into it's own at higher points, but 40k has the outrageous advantage of formations, many of which give free gear or situations, sometimes several in the same army on the table, while 30k armies receive no free gear for their rites of battle, only rules that must apply to the the entire army on the table.
On top of that, 40k has completely outpowercreeped 30k, and it can be seen in how the exact same units are flatly better in 40k than in 30k (tartaros armor, CUSTODES HOLY SHIT).
>>
>>50049985
An IW 30K army outfitted with a lot of support squads would annihilate anyone.

×10 autocannons with the pinning rule for reduced str
×10 volkite squad

Those two alone are very threatening. Load them into a Land Raider Phobos, supported by jetbikes or something heavy. Hell, for fun, throw in Perty too, with the hammer.
>>
>>50050114
I don't play Warhams anymore, but for as long as Forgeworld has been putting out rules, people have defaulted to assuming they're overpowered. This has almost never been the case.
>>
>>50050255
Meet Eldar superfriends and their industrial-strength D. There is nothing as brutal as seeing a Horus+Justaerin termie squad getting completely annihilated by D-flamer
>>
>>50050114
Without formations (i.e. both armies using only the Age of Darkness expansion ruleset including army selection), 30K gets progressively stronger as more points are taken, evening out against 40K somewhere between 2K and 3K depending upon exact configurations.

With formations allowed, 40K shits all over 30K at any points level and just keeps getting worse the more points are added.

If both are allowed to play Unbound (or Apocalypse) and (non-Apocalypse) formations are not allowed, 30K can be stronger for a while (somewhere well south of 3K) but rapidly loses any advantage between 3K and 5K.

This is all assuming complete WAAC - obviously against Orks or Tyranids or Dark Eldar or even Chaos Space Marines (since 30K armies are designed primarily for killing MEQ, after all), you could almost always produce a 30K list that could blow them away at any points limit without any trouble. In fact you'd only need to list-taylor against X000pts of Skyblight, anything else could probably be smash with an all-comers list after about 1,000 points.

Funny story: around the time the first Horus Heresy book came out (the start of 6th edition) it was broadly considered that 40K armies using the Age of Darkness ruleset would be an approximately even match-up for 30K armies that didn't take Primarchs.
>>
>>50049985
20k when?
>>
>>50052199
never
>>
>>50052199
50k when? 45k when?
>>
File: MAXIMUM.gif (565KB, 367x265px) Image search: [Google]
MAXIMUM.gif
565KB, 367x265px
>>50052199
>Warhmamer 20k
>Smaller than epic scale miniatures
>Land Raiders are simple dedicated transports, Baneblades are light tanks, superheavy tanks are as large as city blocks and double as aircraft carriers
>AI Overmind rules that can decay over time, complete with hacking and electronic warfare minigames
>STC factories as board objectives that allow you to deploy and re-deploy extra models
>Continent destroying superweapons called down as a reward for achieving objectives
>Titans three times as big as Imperators that can jump across half the board in a turn
It'd basically be Supreme Commander-the wargame. And that's awesome.
>>
File: nofunallowed.jpg (89KB, 488x516px) Image search: [Google]
nofunallowed.jpg
89KB, 488x516px
>>50052533
> Titans three times as big as Imperators
Titans are mostly an age of strife development.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.