[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's your favorite type of minor antagonist? Mine is the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: aUKX6yf.jpg (47KB, 470x317px) Image search: [Google]
aUKX6yf.jpg
47KB, 470x317px
What's your favorite type of minor antagonist? Mine is the ambitious nostalgic that just wants everything to be okay again.

>The small time Necromancer that will stop at nothing to BRING THEM BACK
>The artificer that convinced himself the construct resembling his dead daughter is actually her and violently defends it
>The young teen with godlike powers who brings his childhood heroes to life because they can fix everything
>The Elf that thinks things are moving too fast and tries to make everything slow down again
>How far would you go to bring the comfy times back?
>>
>What's your favorite type of minor antagonist?
Ones that have no deep reasons, just personal gain. My players hate those guys way more than anyone with deeper motives. Also p entertaining for me to play with.
>How far would you go to bring the comfy times back?
P fucking far
>>
>>50047305
>Young Edward thinks that there is no lake of blood too big to wade through to put a rightful king on a throne, no deed too base in defence of a crown. A romantic, in fact.
I know there are even more relevant quotes, but they don't appear to be anywhere online and my copy of the book is back at my parent's house. One of my favorite examples of that sort of villain, regardless
>>
Hired killer that turns our to be a pretty cool guy and befriends the party after they kill the guy paying him.
>>
>>50049058
>The comfy times
I'd climb a space elevator into the sun for those comfy times
>Favourite minor villain
As >>50051098 said, I like me some hard mercs that are just getting by at what they do best, nothing personnel.
>>
>>50047305
My villains come in two flavors: The ones you empathize with, and the ones that empathize with you.

The first are normal people pushed just a little too far. The thief that steals bread for his family, the kidnapper trying to pay for the expensive medical treatments for his son. The man who feels that killing his blackmailer is the only way to get rid of the problem. The heartstring stories.

The second... Sociopaths, intelligent ones. A Bard with the Silver tongue of Moist Von Lipwig, who understands all too clearly how the world works, and what makes people tick. The villain who's scheme to help everyone makes far too much sense in the grand scheme of things, even if it does sacrifice a life or two. The guys who understand, and should be the most kind people out there(and they are.) They genuinely care, right up until the point that it no longer suits them to do so.
>>
>>50047305
I like minor antagonists that are actually honorable dudes, or aren't evil and are just opposed to the party for this one trivial task.
Like a set of fellow adventurers competing in a contest that don't stoop to cheating- except for their dickass rogue or equivalent.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.