[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tell me, /tg/, about that one event in the campaign you played

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: 6af3c09d7a0b719b09b9662cd159a53c.jpg (946KB, 2356x2504px) Image search: [Google]
6af3c09d7a0b719b09b9662cd159a53c.jpg
946KB, 2356x2504px
Tell me, /tg/, about that one event in the campaign you played that you really liked and will remember fondly for years to come, whether it be how you managed to slay a god by critting his nipples off or a character development you are as proud of as your loving father has always been proud of you. I know you have wanted to brag/tell somebody about that one thing you did. Let's start with my somewhat fitting themetically to slightly late halloween.

>Playing the Stange
>Play as an agent for an organization who is basically MIB if MIB was about dealing with cross-world rifts and did it like they were supposed to
>Get a spooky board game from a colleague who stole it from the organization for funsies
>Jumanji happens and I end up with the board game
>One day an old witch from the Halloween world comes to him and asks for the board game
>I give it to her and she gives me a magic skull that causes it to rain candy when used
>Saved it for Halloween in game and use it
>Organization officially dislikes it, but unofficially they find it amusing
>>
>>50045404
>Playing the Stange
What is?
>>
Bit of backstory for this one.

>D&D 4e. Space themed campaign with inspirations from the parts of Mass Effect and Dune the DM liked.
>Characters are approaching epic level(around level 16 at this point).

We were assisting in a war effort on a planet of strategic importance to us. One of our players moved away, so the DM had his PC die heroically during the war. He was beheaded from behind by an assassin sent to kill him...only for the PC's headless body to punt him half a football field away, then go on a rampage, taking out a few battalions of enemy soldiers before he died of blood loss(this was something mentioned in the race's lore as being a thing that can happen, such a thing being one of the highest honors to them).

During his funeral where he was blasted into their sun, where their god was believed to live, my PC (a proud warrior of a different race), who felt a strong kinship with the PC, swore a blood oath to find the assassin and destroy him. My PC was a race of bat people, and as such took blood oaths extremely seriously.

Between my moment and this, I obtained a weapon homebrewed by the DM, that was basically a dark matter powered +5 Frost Fullblade/Chainsaw/Katana(long story), which in lieu of crit dice simply let me make a bonus Basic Attack as a free action(and the DM explicitly said crits granted by this attack also gain that benefit when critting).

(cont)
>>
>>50048587
Now for the moment itself

Fast forward to level 18, near the end of this campaign "arc" where we found a dangerous superweapon the BBEG had been hunting, we came face to face with the assassin. Seeing red(figuratively, my character was mostly blind), my PC ignored all other enemies and simply charged across the battlefield to him.

He barely had time to defend himself when I barreled down the battlefield to him. My first attack was nailing him with my strongest daily, a 4[W] attack. Nat 20. We laughed and I rolled for my free attack. Nat 20. Followed by another...which was not a Nat 20 sadly. Still, that was a 4[W] daily attack plus 2 Basic Attacks(with the first 2 maxed out on damage), and I dealt about 80% of his health right there.

The assassin panicked and realized he was outclassed, and turned around in to flee. And of course, my AoO is a nat 20. The follow up attack wasn't, but it didn't matter at that point. I simply stabbed him through the back, revved up the chainsaw part of my sword, then swung it around and cut his head off. The DM rolled a d20 and ruled the head flew off to the side and nailed another guy for some minor damage.

Many jokes about my d20 being amazing followed, which I wrote up as my d20 being with me on taking blood paths very seriously.

Only biggest memorable part that took skill and luck. Some other good moments, but they were mostly of the "epic levels, so every fight is high-powered anime levels of destructive" variety.
>>
>>50048452
Is typo, is actual the Strange
>>
I normally GM, so most of the exciting things are statistically something I put in the game or an action of the players. Once when I was a player, I had the ability to temporarily shapeshift and disguise myself and allies, even granting them appropriate skills while transformed. It had a diceroll chance of malfunctioning & making you think you were what the disguise was of. Anyway, we're on an island where a deadly virus has killed like all the women. We're in an arena & all our weapons (and those of the enemy) are scattered about. Against us is another PC's rival. I could manifest my shapeshift powers as activate-on-touch conjured clothing. Now, I had a great idea. I'll just find the enemy's weapon and tie the most flowing piece of magical woman's clothing on it I could: a bridal gown. That way, the rival would touch it to get to their weapon, transform, and catch the virus. It wouldn't instantly kill them, but they'd have no reason to think the transformation wasn't permanent.

Well, the plan worked & the rival was transformed. But... I forgot about that sanity roll. They failed. The enemy now wholely believed themself to be a bride on their wedding day. They assumed the next person they saw (another PC) to be the husband. I then disguised myself as a church man and performed the ceremony in the middle of the arena. The crowd cheered for the happy couple. That was around the end of the campaign, so it was just ruled that I stopped by and kept applying the mind change to the bride (by repeatedly transforming them until they failed the roll) so that the couple would live happily ever after. No better way to beat a villain than to marry them.

Had it not been the end of the campaign, the GM was going to nerf those sanity rolls since we'd found a way to exploit it.
>>
File: frag.jpg (25KB, 250x317px) Image search: [Google]
frag.jpg
25KB, 250x317px
DH

we're searching for the origins of a tainted artifact in the ruins of an ancient fortress-cathedral, and suddenly we're up to our eyeballs in insane frenzied mutated zombies with unnatural razor-sharp claws, outnumbered two-to-one and all five of us roll lower initiative than them.

so we're completely surrounded in a fairly narrow corridor, four of us fail fear tests, and the only one of us who's any good at melee fails his fear test so badly that he's at -20 and can only make half actions. The mutant zombies charge in and start tearing the shit out of us. it's probably TPK time. the GM is looking like he's having fun.

so my arbitrator pulls out his only frag grenade and drops it on the floor. it's a narrow corridor: everyone is in the blast radius, all five of us and all ten monsters. we're penned in, so we can't dodge; they're frenzied, so they're making all-out attacks and can't either. but we all have a bit of armour, and they have none. we have fate on our side, and they don't. i roll 17 damage, totally wiping out all the mutants and damn near killing all of us. damn near but not quite. only one of us needs to be dragged out of the building to our vehicle outside. we get the fuck out of dodge. wow.
>>
I was running a Cyberpunk game with a plot that revolved around AIs and AI rights, whether or not one could ever be deemed human - and what it meant to be human in the Cyberpunk universe. There were a few AIs present throughout the campaign, and each had their own special font. The BBEG was given a light version of Zalgotext, for example.

based text RP, I know

So the hacker set up a meet with a corp drone that worked in the company of said BBEG. It was subtle, just a single letter. "By all means, you can ģ͜o."

After about two minutes, all she said - out of character - was "That is not a normal typo. Fuck." Mind you at that point the AI really just wanted to kill off the party for fucking with his interests habitually, and was shown to be pretty okay with the idea.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.