[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Happy to see the boys getting more screen time, but I don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 340
Thread images: 31

File: IMG_20161031_215028.jpg (290KB, 1335x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161031_215028.jpg
290KB, 1335x2048px
Happy to see the boys getting more screen time, but I don't know how I feel about Goulding writing it.
>>
>>50043708
>Scythes of the Emperor
>Therefore power scythes

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>50043757

Are you new to 40k or something?
>>
>>50043708
>Goulding
Fuck.
>>
>>50043708
Isn't this just going to be the tale of them getting wrecked?
>>
>>50044300
Considering that's all the Scythes are known for? Sure.
>>
>>50043708
>space marines battles
Whoa, it's sufficiently big to warrant a subgenre?
Wish we could have some more exotic 40k books instead, like stories of exploration or everyday life like in Kal Jericho, but c'est la vie.

Is the marine on the right a scythe? His armor doesn't seem to be the same color as the other two?
>>
>>50044333
Conidering BL normally focuses on SMs that are teh exact opposite of their legion perhaps not.

He'll probably be a secret psyker who doesnt even like the taste of poison or something.
>>
>>50044357
>A setting and genre known to focus on the grimdarkness of the far future where there is only war

>Waaah! Why don't they have stories about normal people going to school and stuff!!11!1
>>
>>50044463
>Waaah! Why don't they have stories about normal people going to school and stuff!!11!1

That's not what he said at all. Both the things he suggested are pretty exciting things that would involve plenty of action without being straight battles.
>>
>>50044357
BL made the mistake a lot of smaller publishers make in that they believe that because their success come from only one sub-genre of books that thats the only way they can succeed. Thats why we ended up with the never ending Horus Heresy series with only a few smaller series about xenos or 'normal' 40k.

They need to write some riskier materiel soon because just rehashing things like the new 'Primarchs' series is going to get old eventually.
>>
>>50044256
Why? Goulding actually has been responsible for a lot of unfucking. He made Mortarian's Heart, which explained Draigo's bullshit by having Draigo survive purely by luck and not actually beating a primarch in combat (which is retarded).
>>
>>50043708
Man, those helmets look goofy.
>>
>>50045275
I'm glad GW immediately retconned it back. Primarchs have always been beatable, and the notion that they cannot ever lose in a straight fight is ridiculous.
>>
File: arrrrrrgh.jpg (48KB, 519x477px) Image search: [Google]
arrrrrrgh.jpg
48KB, 519x477px
>>50045293
>>
>>50045327
The fuck? No they haven't. No other Primarch has been defeated by somebody weaker than them, which is right and proper considering they're fucking gods of war who can survive being shot by railguns without any armor. And there was no 'retcon', the new Grey Knights codex is just as ambiguous and doesn't go into any detail, and Mortarian's Heart isn't a Heretic Tome which means it's still canon.
>>
>>50045327
Additionally you're a fucking newfag if you think Primarchs are beatable. Before the Horus Heresy the Primarchs were even more powerful, and could destroy mountains while fighting each other. Curze was even submersed in the liquid mantle of a planet as a baby, swimming up through liquid rock before his first birthday.
>>
File: wake me up inside.png (391KB, 519x477px) Image search: [Google]
wake me up inside.png
391KB, 519x477px
>>50045338
>>
>>50045370
>The fuck? No they haven't.
They did, in the following grey knight codex.

>Curze was even
Killed by a non-primarch? Yeah, I know.
>>
>>50045469
>They did, in the following grey knight codex.
Are you retarded? The audiodrama is not a Heretic Tome. Something is only retconned in 40k if it is declared a Heretic Tome, otherwise it is all canon. Not to mention the Grey Knight Codex remains vague, and the Audiodrama is an extensive look into how the encounter went down.

>Killed by a non-primarch? Yeah, I know.
Curze didn't even fight her, we know from the books that Curze offered his neck to the assassin and essentially committed suicide. He wanted to die to send a demented message to the Emperor.

Meanwhile, every other Primarch has only been killed either by the Emperor, or other Primarchs. Even the team of Alpha Legion assassins sent to kill Guilliman fucked up by failing to realize that they didn't lock Guilliman in with them, they were locked in with Guilliman.
>>
>>50045553
Guilliman got lucky. Also, don't forget about Vulkan. He couldn't stay dead, but he was killed by Orks, Damon Prytanis, falling from orbit, etc.
>>
>>50045585
Vulkan never died however, he's a perpetual. His durability oddly seems to be weaker during the Horus Heresy thanks to this, but he always just respawns. Plus he stood against the Beast and more or less stalemated the Ork, who was basically an Orkoid Emperor.

Shame he's likely permanently dead after that tho
>>
>>50045553
>every other Primarch has only been killed either by the Emperor, or other Primarchs

Dorn, swarmed to death.
Demon Angron, banished by a handful of GK.
Guilliman could've died to the Alpha strike, that fight made a point that primarchs can be killed with enough bolter fire.
>>
>>50045691
NO
VULKAN LIVES
>>
>>50045174
>They need to write some riskier materiel soon because just rehashing things like the new 'Primarchs' series is going to get old eventually.
It got old a long time ago
I'm tired of Space Marines. I'll buy a book about Guard, Tau, Eldar, Orkz, or Inquisition, but I'm not buying another book about Space Marine battles unless fan reaction is near-universally positive.
>>
>>50045553
> The audiodrama is not a Heretic Tome.
What is the herectical tome you talk about?

Is this BL's way of retracting their own skub?
>>
>>50045553
>Curze didn't even fight her
Nah, they fought, and she necked him.

>The audiodrama is not a Heretic Tome.
who cares? GW certainly didn't.

>but BL's novels show how super strong the primarchs are
They also have primarchs getting punked by single, non-primarch dudes. Kor Phaeron would have killed Guilliman if he didn't try and convert him.
>>
File: 1474684691721.jpg (440KB, 965x692px) Image search: [Google]
1474684691721.jpg
440KB, 965x692px
>>50045553
>failing to realize that they didn't lock Guilliman in with them, they were locked in with Guilliman.
>>
>>50045640
I'd wager Vulkan's still kicking. With the move to bring the daemon primarchs, loyal primarchs, and Abaddon supposedly reaching Terra, we'll probably see Vulkan again.But yeah, as I said, he couldn't stay dead due to being a perpetual, but he still technically died repeatedly to various other things.
>>
File: sdgsss.jpg (158KB, 650x823px) Image search: [Google]
sdgsss.jpg
158KB, 650x823px
This book actually goes into how they were formed as a Chapter

TL;DR, a company of Ultramarines allied with a group of Ultramar farmers and drove off a Night Lords attack. In honor of the farmers they were named the Scythes of the Emperor.
>>
>>50045825
>Valedor
Sold like shit
>Evil Sun Rising
Sold like shit
>Baneblade
Sold like shit

You say you'll buy other books. Yet when they're released, they still sell barely a fraction of even garbage like Vulkan Lives or The World Engine.
>>
>>50045275
Goulding is a fuck IRL, but he really isn't that bad an author.

Mortarion's Heart was the best possible damage control for Ward's Draigo vs Morty fiasco. It basically made it so Draigo was totally outclassed until he got Mortarion's True Name through outside means.

It even made sense, a True Name fucks a Daemon. The Emperor's association fucks a Daemon. A True Name GIVEN by the Emperor? ho boy, that would absolutely fuck a daemon regardless of class.
>>
>>50043757
Well, people would complain if they used axes or something.
>>
>>50047322
All BL books that aren't Horus Heresy or Space Marine Battles sell like shit, fyi.

And people wonder why BL focuses on those so much.
>>
>>50043757
The scythes actually represent farmers that helped them in the HH

See >>50047129
>>
>>50047360
True story.
>>
>>50045838

Heretic Tome is any Black Library novel explicitly stated to be noncanon. It usually applies to things published before 1997.
>>
>>50047391
How often is this applied to stuff going out of date? Like with the new Prospero Fluff for example? If it's never then thier no point anyway so why bother.
>>
>>50045899
>Nah, they fought, and she necked him.
Actually the codex says otherwise
Retard
>>
>>50047391
Heretic Tome should be applied to anything past 2008.
1990s-mid 2000s on average shits on anything put out in the last half decade.
In fact, I bet the Heretic Tome label was invented to be placed on superior novels so that these new Black Library authors can say "i-i-i-it's not canon. You have to read my inferior shit!"
>>
>>50047654
Since Goulding took over as editor stuff is t explicitly retconned anymore, just worked into existing fluff in implausible ways
>>
>Scythes of the Emperor
What's up with this goofy-ass Doctor Who title?
>>
>>50047129
The Horus Heresy just keeps getting worse and worse. It's almost impressive.
>>
>>50048754
Pharos was awesome. The bromance between Polux and Dantioch is legendary.
>>
>>50048754
>It's almost impressive.
If it wasn't so sad

>>50048775
t. Black Library shill
>>
File: 1412982688516.jpg (127KB, 500x484px) Image search: [Google]
1412982688516.jpg
127KB, 500x484px
>>50048342
>mfw I can unironically suggest dawn of war or fucking warrior brood as the superior alternative to many horus heresy novels
it's a complicated kind of feeling
>>
>>50048797
>something is good
>he must be a shill!
Fuck off.
>>
>>50047346

When the fuck did he get all this hate? He's never written enough material to justify a hatedom unlike Goto or certain others.
>>
>>50048829
He insulted warseer and is almost the only BL author to respond to the fans.
>>
>>50048816
>Thinks Black Library is good
>Not a shill
Doesn't exist.
>>
>>50047346
>Mortarion's Heart was the best possible damage control for Ward's Draigo vs Morty fiasco.

No, it was petulant in the extreme.
Made all the funnier when it was completely ignored in the new Grey Knight codex, when it was made even more of a curb stomp.
>>
>>50048829
Because it's his decision on what will continue to get referenced and what won't when it comes to Horus Heresy lore, and he holds that newer lore (from a GW/BL/FW source of course) that contradicts older lore will always take precedent. This riles up the oldfags. He also had a hate/hate relationship with warseer but fuck them.
>>
>>50048853
>No, it was petulant in the extreme.
Of course it was, in the interview leading up to it, he spent a paragraph saying what could easily be summed up as: "I am an assmad chaos fanboy."
>>
>>50048869
His response was no different from every single person who read Ward's lore. Don't deny it.
>>
>>50048881
>His response was no different from every single assmad chaos fanboy who read Ward's lore. Don't deny it.

ftfy
>>
>>50048881
He still wrote a book where True Names suddenly cause Daemons to fucking explode, because he is an assmad chaos fanboy.
>>
>>50048839

He's not an author, and ADB has a much bigger E-Footprint on Bolter and Chainsword among others.

He kind of insulted /tg/ on there recently anyway.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/303003-master-of-mankindon-the-horizon/?p=4546943
>>
>>50048902
You mean Codex: Daemonhunters? You mean Eisenhorn? Because both of those had True Names that powerful as well.
>>
>>50048905
>Not rewriting the event itself
There's no way he said this with a straight face after what they've written.
>>
>>50048905
>http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/303003-master-of-mankindon-the-horizon/?p=4546943
Just lol. Why are all the BL writes so fucking dumb? If thats him trying not to rewrite the setting then holy shit.
>>
>>50048926
I haven't read Eisenhorn in a while but
>Codex: Daemonhunters?
Kek. You clearly haven't read it. The closest it has come is the Grimoire of True Names which only halves a Daemon's weapon skill, not causes them to fucking explode.
>>
>>50048949
>>50048928
So go tell him that. The post's only three days old, he'd still see it.
>>
>>50048967

You imply anyone here is a member of Bolter and Chainsword. Or that they'd want to rile those bastards up by saying shit like that.
>>
>>50048967
>So go tell him that.

He knows, he obviously reads /tg/.
That is why I make sure to shit on that bald bastard whenever I can.
>>
>>50048967
>Implying any of the BL author respond well to criticism
Theres a reason they all meet up for group hugs every other month and as we know its not to straighten out the fluff is it?
>>
>>50048966
>TT rules
So you're denying that there's no way in 40k to make use of a Daemon's True Name to weaken them to the point of death?
>>
>>50048967
I'm not signing up for a board to tell a shithead he's wrong. Especially when he's indicated he might even read this very post.
>>
>>50048847
Apparently you're wrong.
>>
>>50048829
Dude gets butthurt and rants about the fans being petulant manchildren online. He's not exactly wrong, but at the same time loses all credibility by entering the arguments in the first place.

Goto wrote a bunch of shitty books, but I didn't have to see any online diarrhea come out of his mouth when people called them shit.
>>
>>50048989
What a retort. I can't believe I couldn't tell before now that you were retarded. Bye.
>>
>>50048996

I have to agree with you there. As an Editor, he should keep out of the circus ring, for getting in just demeans him, the series and BL as a whole.
>>
>>50049017
>demeans him, the series and BL as a whole.
They didn't have a whole lot of credibility to begin with.
>>
>>50048979
glancing at my old account I've been a member since '05

Haven't posted there in like ten years, though, and I'd rather not sling shit with a guy whose books I don't really like to begin wtih.
>>
>>50049030

They had some though. Fuck, I remember a time when ADB was lionized on here. Now he's hated. Pretty sure every single last BL Author goes from being praised to shat upon here. Not one has ever been lauded from start to finish. Wraight will be next, mark my words.
>>
>>50048847
>he can't comprehend how others think

Autist.
>>
>>50048996
>I didn't have to see any online diarrhea come out of his mouth when people called them shit.

He commented on the hate on his blog once. His response was "I got paid and I had fun, I don't give a fuck."
>>
>>50045899
>Nah, they fought, and she necked him.
literally no proof of this whatsoever
>>
>>50049069
huh

good on him
>>
>>50049069
>"I got paid and I had fun, I don't give a fuck."
Honestly more admirable than Goulding's "HATERS GET FUCKED, REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"
>>
>>50049069
>I don't give a fuck.

Easy for him to say.
Not so easy for him to do.
>>
>>50049054
Yeah, I remember /tg/ being mentioned in the "I'd like to give my thanks" section of the book.

It's always nice to see boards on 4chan getting recognized as being separate entities.

When did the ADB hate start? I noticed it when he and the rest of GW killed Chaos Undivided as a concept.
>>
>>50049125
It started pretty much because he and the rest of GW killed Chaos Undivided.
>>
>>50049125
>When did the ADB hate start?
Emperor's Gift

A combination of outraged Grey Knight fags and Space Wolf haters pissed all over /tg/ after it came out.
>>
>>50049125

When people started noticing his pattern.
>>
>>50049138

He didn't kill Undivided any more than Haley was responsible for retconning the entire backstory ad size of the Templars. It was studio mandated and they both had to put it in their books to reflect GW's new direction.
>>
>>50049138
And a reason for that was so they could wank Be'lacuck as "THE ONE AND ONLY DAEMON PRINCE OF CHAOS UNDIVIDED", right?
>>
>>50049157
Started before that, largely when he started being more vocal about fluff online.
>>
>>50049157
Of course, not only did it turn the previously relatively reasonable Armageddon aftermath into a full scale war against the Inquisition, but it also featured a fucking paragraph describing how a Grey Knight Grand Master reached his rank by swordsmanship alone, before the next sentence has Grimnar lift his axe and kill him before he can react.

It's more of the terrible Space Wolf wank that /tg/ has been decrying since the Kelly-dex
>>
>>50049175
>And a reason for that was so they could wank Be'lacuck as "THE ONE AND ONLY DAEMON PRINCE OF CHAOS UNDIVIDED", right?

Nope.
He's just the only daemon that doesn't work without undivided, so it can't be removed from him.
>>
>>50049178
So I'm guessing he just came across as jumped-up nerd?
>>
>>50049164
To be fair, I see people shitting on GW for both those decisions far more than they shit on either author.
>>
>>50049160
Daddy issues and waifus?
>>
>>50049210
more or less

Combine forum autism with novels of questionable quality and people ain't going to be as excited about an author anymore. 4chan people, at least. I have no idea on what the general public thinks about this shit.
>>
>>50049294

Given the crowd on the sites like Bolter and Chainsword, Heresy Online and similar, they eat it up like it's going out of style. This site is the only one that seems to be hard on the big BL Authors (seriously, I have no idea if there's a single BL author everyone on here can agree is universally good.)
>>
>>50049294
It kind of makes me yearn for late 2010 again. Stuff was really chill on /tg/ then once Nazimod was gone.
>>
>>50049318
>single BL author everyone on here can agree is universally good

Ian Watson. If only for pure insanity.
>>
>>50043757
The Death Guard disapprove of someone else using their scythes.
>>
>>50049336
/tg/ used to meme him out hard, and Chaos Child was hot garbage.

The only authors you'll see without significant vitriol are the guys who write one or two solid books and then leave to do other things.
>>
>>50048996
It's funny, because both ADB and Gav Thorpe came out and said that 40k has no solid canon, that it changes on the whims of whoever writes it and none of it is more canon than any of the other parts.

Then Goulding comes out of left field screaming "No! No! No! Only what we have recent written is canon!"

I'm convinced he's an ascended fanboy who hates the fact that he's been hired by GW, but some people don't like what he's doing, so he does everything in his power to strike back, even if it means contradicting everything that came before.
>>
>>50048905
The cocksucking in that thread is vile.
>>
>>50049359
>I'm convinced he's an ascended fanboy who hates the fact that he's been hired by GW, but some people don't like what he's doing, so he does everything in his power to strike back, even if it means contradicting everything that came before.

You are 100% right. He was once the biggest 30k fanboy of all in the ancient days even before the Sabretooth game. Hosted the biggest 30k forum on the internet, the Great Crusade. His knowledge of 30k was unsurpassed even by people inside GW itself. So they hired him for the HH series. And that brought about this massive change.
>>
>>50049358
Like Simon Spurrier? Lord of the Night and Fire Warrior were received pretty well. Hell, I remember a few fa/tg/uys being annoyed with ADB belittling Captain Zso Sahaal in the Night Lord's trilogy.
>>
>>50049402
Yeah, basically.

Matt Farrer is another good example.
>>
>>50049358
Here, have my personal favorite 40k book.
>>
>>50049336
The Emperor speech is one of the best pieces of fluff ever written, and anyone who likes 40k should consider it canon "heretical tome" or not.
>>
>>50044357
Wtf are you on about he has black armour with golden edges just like the others
>>
>>50044357
>Woah, it's sufficiently big to warrant a subgenre?
10,000+ years of fighting the most vile shit the universe has to offer makes for more than a few campfire stories.
>>
>>50045691
Vulkan seened to think Royal was still alive.

I know it doesn't mean much but the cabal prophesized Vulkan was going to be standing as the final gate keeper in the 41st melinium
>>
>>50049195
To be fair it is Gimnar. His plot armor is most thick on top of him being a fan favorite.
>>
>>50045338
IRON WITHIN
>>
>>50043708
>screen time

But that's a book you moron
>>
>>50044463
Kal Jericho, Redeemer, the Inquisition novels and a couple others don't take place in wars, but are still full of fights and grimdarkness, with the bonus of showing some bits of the setting beyond "blasted wasteland of a battlefield", "ruined manufactoria" or "typical death world jungle"

Even last chancers had a book that is 80% diplomatic mission on a tau colony, despite being about a pennl legion.
>>
>>50045691
>Handful
I wouldn't call 2 brotherhoods, with purifiers and paladins accompanying, all wearing Terminator armor a "handful" anon.
The mere moment they teleported on the battlefield, scores of weaker demons were thrown back into the warp and banished because their psychic presence was too overwhelming.
And the vast majority of said knights died during the fight to take Angron and his merry fellows down.
So no, taking down a demon Primarch is no easy feat.
>>
>>50049125
I mean, I still love his books, I feel like he's the best author that can faithfully give the proper "Awesome" feeling 40k is supposed to be. I know that even if I won't always like the story (Talon of Horus comes to my mind) I'll still love how he wrote it. For example, he's the only one that makes you feel like SM are actually scary, demigods walking among mortals. Most authors will just give you a thougher, bigger, stronger, better dude vibe and that's it.

But as someone else said, his characters tend to feel the same. Ragnar is the only SM main character that stands out of the group for now.
>>
File: STK671002.jpg (478KB, 600x919px)
STK671002.jpg
478KB, 600x919px
>>50049358
I feel sorry for Kearney. Dude wrote a whole novel, and gets fuxked in the end for copyright fuckups.
His novel didn't end up being sold, so he worked for several years for nothing, it's understandable he wouldn't want anything to do with 40k after that.
Still, the book ended up on some torrents here and there, definitely recommend it. It's everything a novel about an unknown chapter should be, it fleshes it out perfectly.
>>
Is Sandy Mitchell also hated by /tg?. Or did he avoid saying/ doing anything retarded?
>>
>>50051010
Mitchell is anbit in a weird place. He's a one trick poney for me, I know exactly what I'm getting when I'm reading him, but it's cool. The guy doesn't want to mess up the lore so stays clear of big events, and just do his own little thing, and it just works.
>>
>>50051010
>Jurgens body odor
>If I'd know what I was getting myself into I would have stayed in the something something
>Cain solos something that should insta kill him
>The End

Besides his habit of repeating phrases and events he is bar far the best for entry level 40k reading.
>>
>>50049336
Anthony reynolds
Shame he only does word bearers
>>
>>50051243
His stories of Kharn are pretty good to me, especially the Eightfold Path.
>>
>>50045691
>Demon Angron, banished by a handful of GK.
An entire company of Grey Knights, the single strongest Space Marines in the Imperium, fuck even better than Custodes, and out of that hundred only around 5 guys survived. And they only survived because a super special guy called Hyperion was reflecting the psychic power of the 99 other guys and also broke Angron's sword.
>>
>>50045691
Except Dorn didn't die. The Imperial Fists only have his hand preserved, and he wasn't swarmed. The story was that he got blown up by his ship getting blasted.
>>
>>50051289
Pretty sure more than 5 guys survived, given Hyperion's squad alone had 3 survivors. Still, we're probably looking at a >90% casualty rate
>>
>>50051305
Which becomes more impressive when you realize all those Grey Knights were likely unloading all of their combi bolters loaded with special anti-daemon ammunition into Angron.

And ultimately it doesn't even fucking achieve anything, because Angron is just going to show up some odd centuries later when his banishment timer ends.
>>
>>50051289
>And they only survived because a super special guy called Hyperion
I like how they managed to take an interesting and heroic story and make it shitty with just one addition.
>>
>>50051327
It's ADB, he only writes special snowflakes.
>>
>>50051344
To be fair to him, apparently the Ward codex being published around when he was meant to publish ended up having him changing a lot of things at the last minute. Hell apparently it was supposed to be 2 novels, not one. But yeah I guess it stil doesn't excuse some no name GK breaking a daemon primarch sword.
>>
>>50051324
Dunno, anon.
We already know time doesn't work the same in the warp, generally passing far faster in it than outside.
A 100 year banishment in warp time may be millenia outside of it.
>>
>>50048853
>It's funny, because both ADB and Gav Thorpe came out and said that 40k has no solid canon, that it changes on the whims of whoever writes it and none of it is more canon than any of the other parts.

ADB and Gav don't work for GW so what they say is just their opinions. GW clearly has a solid canon and they do have meeting to decide what's canon. Case and point the Blood Ravens debacle which proves that ADB is no less of a fanboy. Remember when he raged that GW allowed McNeil to hint that the Blood Ravens are really TS? Remember when he said he pleaded in the meetings that it be dropped.

If 40K has no solid canon, then he wouldn't have given a fuck.
>>
>>50051361
>I guess it stil doesn't excuse some no name GK breaking a daemon primarch sword
breaking angron's sword isn't why it sucks

It sucks because they added a new super special grey knight as an essential element into what was previously Aurellian's moment. Adding a second novel would have changed that, or made it any less shit
>>
>As much as I love /tg/, it's taken a downturn the last few years with the rest of its parent site. But that's OT, so I'll shut up now.

-ADB

What happened to us, /tg/?
>>
>>50051420

You're seriously asking that question?

Look around, visit the /HHG/ or the 40k general and then ask that question again.
>>
File: 1471270274590.gif (995KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1471270274590.gif
995KB, 500x281px
>>50051420
I sure as hell didn't change.
But I guess others became contrarians and turned into shitposters, i.e X did nothing wrong, X is best/worse chapter/legion. Where it used to cool threads where you'd learn fluff, cool anecdotes and such, it turned into the same 10-20 posters throwing memes at each other.
Same for the game itself. GW haters shit up threads with age old, obsolete arguments when other people just want to enjoy their hobby.

>inb4 you have shit taste for liking 40k fluff or crunch

So what? Don't make it your personal crusade to try and enlighten people's taste. It's not video games, it's not influenced by and influencing society, it's a very niche hobby. Let people znjoy their shit. Don't be that twat that can't stand people enjoying what he doesn't like. JUst leave and never come back, both parties will be all better for it.
Jesus fucking christ you know you reach a low point if your life when all you do is bothering people for what they like.
The hobby is expensive? So what? IF you're a student or some dude on minimum wage, your first concern shouldn't be to buy plastic crack anyway.
You don't like GW's new models? BUt aren't the same guy that prides himself in not having bought anything from GW in 10 years, and stopped playing WH 5 yeats ago?

Fucking hell GW has done loads of good stuff in the past 2 years, so be positive a bit, and most importantly, let people enjoy their stuff.

/tg/ being not as good as it was before can be reduced to 2 things: memes and people from both sides taking things too far.
The minute memes are used as actual arguments, you know any kind of discussion will be impossible.
And the minute some people take ot upp themselves to be absolutely positively right about who's right and wrong about a tabletop game that has been going on for 20 years and so has incontinencies all over it, you're bound to just go in circles because the inherent flaws of the setting make it so.

Tl;dr: Stop being cunts, you cunts.
>>
>>50051010
Cain books at are consistently fun reads

They're rarely great but most are fun romps
>>
>>50051420
I blame Carnac.
>>
>>50049528
This book was surprisingly good
At the end I wanted more but at the same time I feel like the story ended where it should

Gave me a new-found appreciation of the night lords
>>
>>50051464

I don't know if you are ADB or not, but that's an incredibly good summarization of things. All the endless 'X Primarch didn't do nothing wrong' have almost killed 30k for me.

If anyone can argue a counter to this, I'm all ears, because it seems watertight to me.
>>
File: AGONIZINGLY ALONE.png (385KB, 1322x1462px)
AGONIZINGLY ALONE.png
385KB, 1322x1462px
>>50049537
WE ARE AGONIZINGLY ALONE.
>>
>>50051464
That post is a thing of beauty.
>>
>>50051506
I've been an occasional pre-BaC and regular post-BaC on /hhg/, it has taken a plunge a year ago, but BoP finally did it for me and I'm not even sure what am I doing on /tg/ at all.
>>
>>50051506
Nah, just a regular poster that saw /tg/ and the mostly the 30k/40k part of /tg/ going down the drain because of shitposters and /pol/-tier type of posting.
>>
>>50051507
Hey, I was the one to ask for that pasqage in the /hhg/ thread when that screencap was made. Definitely one of the best 40k moments ever written.
>>
>>50045275
Having carefully read it several times, I still don't actually understand what even happened in Mortarian's Heart.

So, Drago knows something, he knows the kind of thing which that something is (Mortarian's True Name), but he "knows" it in the sense that it's in his brain, he doesn't actually "know" it in the sense that he could, you know, focus on it in his mind, write it down, speak it out loud, etc. And for some reason (which is stated, but not explained), not all daemonhunters should know this even though it gives them power over the demon. Then, there is some dialog and some fighting which is not in any way important. Then, somehow, the True Name physically travels from Draigo's mind into the mind of Mortation... and it makes him explode, or something. Even though it's clear that True Names require pronunciation or writing down, depending on the exact ritual, to have an effect (thus leaving the possibility of making a mistake even if you actually know the correct name).

Reading it feels like I was supposed to read a phonebook-sized manual on how True Names work in the 40K universe beforehand. And I've been reading 40K since Rogue Trader, so I don't know how I could possibly have missed something so important. I mean, there are quips here and there - True Names give you power over a daemon until they are banished, True Names don't help you if your willpower is less than the willpower of the Daemon anyway, using an incorrect True Name in a ritual will fuck you over... but it's like, they expect you to know the generic True Name lore from something like D&D and the demonological source material that was based on, and then they wrote an internal document covering a slew of additional rules, but never told anyone who doesn't write for them - probably intending that details will continue to trickle out in new as-yet-unwritten works published over next few decades that will fill in enough of the backstory piecemeal if we buy them all.
>>
File: 1456656719278.png (810KB, 800x974px)
1456656719278.png
810KB, 800x974px
>>50051552
I was the guy who made those posts. Just doing my Imperial duty to make sure people know what Emperor is best Emperor.
>>
>>50051588
Draigo needs to know Mortarion's true name to beat him, but he can't actually know it because then he could tell other people or keep a record of it so others could beat him too, so he doesn't really know it and can only use it once.
It was just Goulding being butthurt and trying to diminish Draigo's accomplishment while making sure that he can't do it ever again.
>>
>>50050986
Paul Kearney is a legit great fantasy author. Read his Macht books if you haven't checked them out yet, they're great.
>>
>>50048754

How is a battle company taking an emblem representing a particular battle where they distinguish themselves terribly?
>>
>>50051902
Pretty sure anon was more refering to the fact that Tyranids are now nothing but yet ANOTHER consequence of a HH fuckup.
It gets a bit boring when everything is brought down to a single period of time when you have 10k years to use. Especially since its Tyranids, it's more interesting to have them mysterious, or driven by an ominous goal, like eating the Astronomican. Now, the reason they came here is just because flicked the wrong switch 10 thousands years ago.
>>
>>50051902
>Why are they called the Scythes of the Emperor?
>>Perhaps because Scythes have a connotation with death.
>lolno it's because they fought with some farmers one time.
>>
>>50051982
Blame Alan Merrett. Despite what that idiotic meme says, Merrett was the one who had Guy Haley tie the Pharos to the Tyranids. Though that only made them aware of our galaxy. The Astronomicon is still the reason they find our galaxy worth eating.
>>
>>50043708
Scythes of The Emperor?

The most scrotum crushingly hardcore marines in the Imperium? Only matched by the likes of the Legion of The Dammed, Exorciators or Black Templars?

Nice.
>>
>>50044463

Yes, anon. That's exactly what he said. You really cut to the core with that one...
>>
>>50045370

Mortarion's Heart was explicitly contradicted by the codex. Codex has Draigo beating him in single combat, not any of that stupid true name shit. It's not the only time a Primarch has been beaten by non-Primarchs. Angry Ron got beaten by a Captain and Curze was killed by a Callidus.
>>
>>50052432
Curze let himself be killed though, it's not like he fought and lost
>>
>>50051464
>t. aos apologist
>>
>>50052432
Angron was killed by 100 fucking Grey Knights and Hyperion, not a Captain. Curze didn't even fight the Callidus and committed assisted suicide.
>>
>>50051475

Me too
>>
>>50045553

Reminder that Curze killed Vulkan died to a fork to the neck. A fork.
>>
>>50051464

You are a rare non-cunt. Keep up not being a cunt.
>>
anybody's got a DL link for OP's novel?
>>
>>50052446
See, that's exactly what I'm talking about.

But nah, I don't play AoS. I already have too much of a backlog in 30/40k to try and paint AoS.
I hear it's great now though.
>>
>>50050986
What happened exactly?
>>
>>50052547
It's not even is it? Or just out. GOve it a few weeks and it should pop in the /40kg/ MEGA.
>>
>>50052453

It was the Captain that did him in though.
>>
>>50052548
>I hear it's great now though.
>>
>>50051010
Sandy found about 8 sentences he really likes and hasn't used any new ones since
>>
>>50052550
Basically GW was too incompetent to make sure everything was nice and ready legal-wise, and because another serie of completely unrelated books was named Dark Hunters before this novel, it wasn't possible to publish it. There must have been a reason for not changing the name of Kearney's novel, maybe they just couldn't, but thr end story is that the novel was pulled from the BL website mere eays before it's release date and was never actually sold.
That's probably the worst thing that can happen to an author, considering a novel is one if not several years worth of work.
As I said, it still got release in torrents, maybe Kearney himself put it there so that his work does not fall in oblivion, for which I'm grateful, because it was honestly a great novel, fleshing an interesting while far from being snowflakey chapter, and likeable cast.
I got mine in kickass torrents if you're interested.
>>
>>50052179
You need to be kicked in the teeth. The fluff only states that Levithan is heading towards Terra. There is no fluff stating that the Tyranids as a whole have any special interst in that flashlight.
>>
>>50052179
Authors think "let's explain everything and tie it all together" not realizing that that removes all the mystery
>>
>>50051026
>The guy doesn't want to mess up the lore so stays clear of big events, and just do his own little thing, and it just works.
The Black Library novels that just do their own thing and stay away from major established events and characters have always been the best - both in quality and canon consistency.
>>
File: vomit.jpg (246KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
vomit.jpg
246KB, 1200x900px
>>50052453
>Angron was killed by 100 fucking Grey Knights and Hyperion, not a Captain
Is this what it looks like when fags get all their fluff from shitty Black Library novels?
>>
>>50053749
If I remember well however, Emperor's gift STILL has the captain killing Angron, we just don't see it.
We hear about it in the aftermath, since Hyperion passes out after breaking the blade.
>>
>>50048902
No Anon, you're the assmad.
>>
>>50053067
actually there's fluff out there that states that the Astronomicon might be whats drawing the nids in
>>
>>50054027
You better point where it is because it's not in any of the Tyranid codexes/
>>
>>50054444
>The Astronomican, unbeknownst to the Imperium, is what is drawing the Tyranid Hive Fleets to threaten the Galaxy and all of the Imperium.[2]

>2: Codex: Tyranids (5th Edition), pg. 28

And you know how strict Lexicanum is on their sources.
>>
>>50051420
We stopped sucking him off.
>>
>>50048775
Dicks out for Dantioch!
>>
File: Terra.png (196KB, 733x232px) Image search: [Google]
Terra.png
196KB, 733x232px
>>50054541
>And you know how strict Lexicanum is on their sources.

What I do know is that the lex is shit and people who use it are even shitter. This is what page 28 says. It says nothing about the Tyranids coming to the galaxy because of the Astronomican.

You do know that the Astronomican does not extend outside of the galaxy? It cuts off at the edges just before the edges of the galaxy leaving areas like the Ghouls Stars and the Eastern Fringes in relative darkness.

Also Behemoth and other Hive fleets were never said to be going after Terra. Behemoth was following the signal of Sotha above all else, while Kraken was moving all over the place. Only Leviathan is heading to Terra.
>>
>>50051390
>If 40K has no solid canon, then he wouldn't have given a fuck.
Except he's a 40k nerd, even on /tg/ you have neckbeard who in one breath proclaim loose canon, and then in the next get mad that someone thinks differently about it than they do. He just doesn't want people to have evidence to support something he doesn't like.

And I still can't believe people still falls for the "GW has a solid canon" meme when even now you have them writing shit like Centurions in M32.
>>
>>50054639
Oh my bad, I thought you meant a source for Nids heading towards Terra, and not why they came here in the first place. Now we have a certain canon for that with Pharos. Yay.
I'm not the same anon anyway.
>>
>>50054642
>And I still can't believe people still falls for the "GW has a solid canon" meme when even now you have them writing shit like Centurions in M32.
GW has a canon
It says "things that sell well or that we want to sell well get pushed everywhere"
>>
File: LG on ADB and Ravens.png (115KB, 1320x614px) Image search: [Google]
LG on ADB and Ravens.png
115KB, 1320x614px
>>50054642
>And I still can't believe people still falls for the "GW has a solid canon" meme when even now you have them writing shit like Centurions in M32

In case of a contradiction, GW will review all the sources at hand and then decide the bestest path forward that's logical and consistent with their vision.

Instead of whinging about things, why don't you contact the GW editors via social media or forums and point out errors. Laurie Goulding asks fans to discuss the lore with him and point out errors in the continuity so that he can fix them.

BL novels, especially those of the HH series, have been rewritten to reflect the changes in the fluff and also to be more consistent with each other. The best example of BL correcting an error comes from the Carnac Campaign series in which they originally had Autarch Swiftblade as a male. Fans pointed out that Swiftblade was actually a gurl and so when the series was reprinted and re-released they returned her to being a female and rewrote her scenes.
>>
File: 1472359462996.png (605KB, 1024x724px)
1472359462996.png
605KB, 1024x724px
>>50054751
>In case of a contradiction, GW will review all the sources at hand and then decide the bestest path forward that's logical and consistent with their vision.
It's funny to me that you think that
>>
>>50054751
>In case of a contradiction, GW will review all the sources at hand and then decide the bestest path forward that's logical and consistent with their vision.
Kek
>>
>>50054751
Here is an example from the new and old Carnac series.

Old version :

>‘You dare say such things?’ shouted the Crimson Hunter, pulling Elarique around and delivering a strike to his face. The autarch fell back, blood flowing from a broken nose. ‘You compare me to the lost? You know not my heart!’

>‘I know much, for I see clearly,’ said Swiftblade quietly as he pulled himself to his feet and stood before the exarch. ‘I see that your name is apt, Ragefyre, for you have been consumed by the flames of your fury. I pray that you can emulate the Phoenix and emerge unscathed.

------------------

New version :

>‘You dare say such things?’ shouted the Crimson Hunter, pulling Elarique around and delivering a strike to her face. Lightning-fast, the autarch blocked the blow and punched back. Keladry staggered back, blood flowing from his broken nose. ‘You compare me to the lost? You know not my heart!’

>‘I know much, for I see clearly,’ said Swiftblade quietly. ‘I see that your name is apt, Ragefyre, for you have been consumed by the flames of your fury. I pray that you can emulate the Phoenix and emerge unscathed.’

Male Elarique Swiftblade gets his ass kicked by Keladry. Female Elarique Swiftblade is the one who kicked his ass.

BL/GW not only cares about accuracy but cares about women empowerment as well, it seems.
>>
>>50054797
>Ragefyre
WHO
USES
THIS
NAME
>>
>>50054797
>BL/GW not only cares about accuracy
>>50054751
After all this time I still can't decide if Carnac actually believes these things, or is just a good troll
>>
>>50054838
Like it or not, we have proof of BL fixing their errors and rewriting their stuff.
>>
>>50049125
I like ADB's characters and stories, but his action scenes are extremely boring. They're almost always, "X shoots at Space Marine, but it doesn't matter because they're invincible to everything and super fast. The whole battle only took a few seconds."

I get that Space Marines are awesome, but the way he writes those scenes are not particularly compelling.
>>
>>50049336
Ian Watson is Blanche-tier.

You might not enjoy it, but you still have to admit that it's uniquely 40k.
>>
>>50052567
Apparently General's Compendium made great strides towards fixing most of its glaring problems.
>>
>>50054639
>It cuts off at the edges just before the edges of the galaxy leaving areas like the Ghouls Stars and the Eastern Fringes in relative darkness.
To the eyes of a Navigator. It's entirely possible that various Chaos/Xenos factions are still capable of perceiving it in some form.
>>
>>50051077
>>50052605
The repeated phrases in the Ciaphas Cain books are intentional writing quirks for Cain himself, since they're written from his perspective. Sandy Mitchell has more range than that writing style implies, as shown in the in-universe excerpts in that series, and most notably in the Dark Heresy novels he wrote.
>>
File: really good.png (290KB, 532x496px) Image search: [Google]
really good.png
290KB, 532x496px
>>50049528
you have good taste anon.
Wish i still had my physical copy.
>>
>>50054797
What's the point of such minor corrections? That's like when they changed the name of a ship in some novel just because they could.
Do they think 40k books are important enough that changing a few lines will matter for something?

It pisses me off to no end because it makes backtracking a pain in the ass, while keeping the stories undistinguishable.
>>
>>50052564
After Hyperion and an entire Company neutered him.
>>
>>50052024

The chicken or the egg, what came first?
>>
>>50052024
And here I always assumed it was a farming reference, that they would reap the Emperor's foes as a scythe reaps wheat.

Now I find out it's a farming reference, some guys with improvised weapons fought alongside them forever ago. I can't wait to see the Emperor's Cotton Gins in action.
>>
File: EmperorHands.jpg (15KB, 228x361px)
EmperorHands.jpg
15KB, 228x361px
>>50058141
The Emperor's Hands probably slapped a Chaos invasion to death I guess.
Chapter Master must be called the Black Mother or something.
>>
>>50058141
I always thought that plants and animals would be completely different in 40, due to millenia of evolution and xenorganism breeding (as they have grox meat).
For them, a cow is probably some mithycal figure akin to a chimera, and wheat is a cereal of legend.
Same thing with grapes in the inuit traductions of the bible.
>>
>>50058207

Wine is also made of a banana-like fruit.
>>
>>50058207
Well the standard imperial equivalent of our pig is the grox, some kind of fuckuge beast I reckon.

Interestingly enough, ADB respected that. In Talon of Horus, someone talks about a wolf, while thinking of Khayon's guardian spirit, and someone asks if they're talking about the Vlka Fenryka, or the excinct canis lupus from old Terra.
>>
File: Grox.jpg (49KB, 431x311px)
Grox.jpg
49KB, 431x311px
>>50058240
>some kind of fuckuge beast I reckon
grox are reptiles
>>
>>50049125

Hey, woah, as somebody who doesn't really read the books, I need you to explain in detail why ADB is responsible for the bullshit that is the axing of Undivided. From my perspective it was just a thing that dropped as an option from the books whole editions ago.
>>
>>50058264
Yeah I wasn't so sure, but I did remember that form, makes me think of that dinosaur with the huge flap on his back.
>>
>>50058314
It's a shame they never made models. A grox farm would have been pretty fun for scenarios.
>>
>>50058313

>>50049164
>>
>>50052550
some bitch decided her YA shit "Dark-Hunter" series (notice the missing s) would be confused with a "space marines shoot stuff" book called "Dark Hunters: Umbra Sumus" and send a cease and desist letter
>>
>>50058535
I doubt it was the author. Most likely the publisher.
>>
>>50058141
>And here I always assumed it was a farming reference, that they would reap the Emperor's foes as a scythe reaps wheat.

Yes, a reference to death.
>>
>>50058982
Confirmed. Scythes were invented by the Grim Reaper as a tool to reap souls, not by farmers in order to reap their crops.
>>
File: A Thousand Keks.png (659KB, 1055x808px)
A Thousand Keks.png
659KB, 1055x808px
>>50058195
>The Emperor's Hands probably slapped a Chaos invasion to death I guess.
>Chapter Master must be called the Black Mother or something.
>mfw
We must stat Black Mother.
>>
>>50059132
Reaping lives like a farmer reaps wheat is a reference to the Grim Reaper.
In the context of a warrior order the scythe represents death, not farming.
>>
>>50050850
in memory of the iron bro
>>
Just finished reading 'Leman Russ: The Great Wolf.' Cracker of a read. Made me sympathize with the Tyrant of Dulan and had some really great moments Especially the part where Russ told the Lion "We are the Beasts of your old fears, We are the frenzy that haunts your dreams. We are the destroyers and the creators, the purest, the wildest and you envy it, for you can never match it.'
>>
>>50051464
>Fucking hell GW has done loads of good stuff in the past 2 years
Such as..?
>Tl;dr: Stop stop talking bad about GW
fix
>>
>>50058982
>>50059389
No, anon, not death. Massive amounts of genocide.

>>50062229
>Especially the part where Russ told the Lion "We are the Beasts of your old fears, We are the frenzy that haunts your dreams. We are the destroyers and the creators, the purest, the wildest and you envy it, for you can never match it.'
Does Russ know anything about his brothers? He's talking to the man who civilized a Deathworld by hitting it with a sword. Not only can he match it, he can exceed it!
>>
>>50063023
>Does Russ know anything about his brothers?
presuming to be the best at everything ever is the space wolves' special legion trait
>>
>>50063074
>is the space wolves' special legion trait
But it was First Legion trait.
>>
>>50063023

Russ calls the Lion 'boy' because he was found over fifty years after Russ and is a less-experienced Primarch.
>>
>>50044357
Yes.

All other BL books/series sell pennies compared to Horus Heresy and Space Marine Battles.

Until this changes, BL will continue to milk them dry.

If you want a series about everyday life in the Imperium and treasure hunting or whatever, it would have to become popular first.
>>
>>50063139
The first legion don't presume anything.
>>
>>50063168
>The first legion don't presume anything.
>literally was made as example for other legions
>>
>>50063139
>>50063168
Not a presumption when it's correct.
>>
>>50058195
>Chapter Master is Black Mother
>Chaos Warlord is pillaging another planet
>Drop pod falls from the sky
>It opens
>A stout black woman with an apron walks out.
>"BOY I KNOW YOU AINT BEEN MESSIN WIT THSE NICE FOLKS ON URIN IV. CUZ LAWD HELP ME IMMA SLAP THE GODDAMN WARP PIGMENT OUT YA ASS IF YOU DONE BEEN MESSIN WIT DEM."
>"W-what I was ju-."
>"BOY DONT GIVE ME NONE OF THAT SHIT."
>*initiates a slap which proceeds to make even the most hardest Chaos Warband veteran cringe*
>"NOW APOLOGIZE."
>Warlord apologies to PDF forces, gathers his Warband and fucks off
>>
File: 1476489410849.jpg (66KB, 1024x768px)
1476489410849.jpg
66KB, 1024x768px
>>50063402

10/10
>>
>>50062941
Fuck off, Slav.
>>
>>50056299
Tyranids did not perceive it while outside the galaxy. So what you said is moot.
>>
>>50063519
Wat?
>>
File: 16.jpg (758KB, 1197x1650px)
16.jpg
758KB, 1197x1650px
>>50051475
Funny you should have said that, considering who you replied to.

>>50058313
ADB made a forum post explaining the direction the GW studio was taking, which *somebody* kept reposting and talking up here (as in "This thing you're all complaining about is actually the bestest most righteous decision ever and here's ADB to tell you why"), so people apparently came to associate the direction with ADB himself.

That same somebody, being an invariable participant in/starter of /tg/'s endless arguments over Warhams canon, is also the one who keeps dragging Word of Goulding into them, even though it's never really achieved much besides highlighting that old Laurie is a bit of a dick.

>>50058347
IIRC for Creature Feature in WD they just used a Cold One with some head bionics.
>>
>>50063023
>oes Russ know anything about his brothers? He's talking to the man who civilized a Deathworld by hitting it with a sword
You missed the point. He's saying Lion civilized Caliban because he has a secret fear of the wild and uncontrollable nature lurking inside himself. It's why Lion is such a rigid autist, he's scared of himself and as a result jealous of those who aren't also scared of their own wild nature.
>>
>>50063974
>because he has a secret fear of the wild and uncontrollable nature lurking inside himself.
And that's why Lion never lost 95% of his legion in single battle.
>>
>>50063982
>And that's why Lion never lost 95% of his legion in single battle.
Please tell me who did and where they did.

Instead, his legion literally split half, with one lot going to join Chaos.
>>
>>50063954
Daily reminder that this anon is a massive liar who thinks that Necrodermis is not living metal and vice versa. He has a history of spreading misinformation.
>>
File: The_Rock_.jpg (481KB, 1579x1079px)
The_Rock_.jpg
481KB, 1579x1079px
>>50063990
>Please tell me who did and where they did.
Space Woles before Prospero: 100k
Space Wolves after Prospero: 5k.

>Instead, his legion literally split half, with one lot going to join Chaos.
Only 500 marines joins to Luther.
>>
>>50064040
>Space Woles before Prospero: 100k
>Space Wolves after Prospero: 5k.
Ha I wish. Got a source for that Anon?

Also not the guy you're arguing with just a 1kSonsfag who wishes to not be shat on by BL for once.
>>
>>50064040
>Space Woles before Prospero: 100k
>Space Wolves after Prospero: 5k.
That's a liiiiiie.
>>
>>50064040
>Only 500 marines joins to Luther.

I don't think so.
>>
>>50064040
>Only 500 marines joins to Luther.
Well over that. Only 500 blooded marines may have joined Luther, but Caliban was still in full recruitment mode and Luther wasn't sending the new recruits off world.
>>
>>50064040
Your retarded post made me look up the size of the Legions during the Great Crusade.

Space Wolves are estimated between 80,000 to 100,000 marines with no direct source that I can find. The interesting thing however is that the Thousand Sons had only 10,000 marines. Thats insane.

When people talk about Propero as the Wolves defeating the TS I thought it was a fair fight. But the Wolves had Custodes and Sistes of Silence support and they were still 'cracked' as a legion according to Russ.

Just how fucking strong were the Thousand Sons?
>>
>>50064256
Prospero wasn't so much of a fight than a massacre, but the TS, having always been the sort of "small but mighty forces" thanks to their powers managed to take quite the toll on the Vlka Fenryka. We don't know hox many exactly, certai ly not 95k like anon claims, but the K/D of the TS was probably pretty high for that battle.
>>
>>50064378
>Prospero wasn't so much of a fight than a massacre
No see thats what I always heard but looking at the numbers that doesnt make sense at all.

1200ish surviving Thousand Sons according to BL. So yes they suffered greatly at the hands of the Emperors armies but considering the might of what was sent against them? They shouldnt have survived for a day.

And it seems the losses of the Custodes SoS and SW were all quite considerable with Russ lamenting that his legion had been cracked on prospero in wolf king. If we take that to mean half thats, 1-4, 1-5 ratio for the Sons on Prospero. Whilst getting surprise ganked, getting fucked by both sides and being down a Primarch till the last minute. See waht I'm saying here?
>>
>>50064446
they were all hopped up on chaos juice AND defending their home turf
>>
>>50064446
>they were all hopped up on chaos juice
Were they really though? I mean not in comparison to the Chaos Space Marines during the seige Terra.They hadnt fallen to Chaos till after Prospero.

>defending their home turf
Considering the whole no advanced warning or planetary defenses because of Magnus most of the Propero soldiers were wiped out almost instantly. In the end it came down to marine vs marines if I remember correctly.

Honestly I'm keen to understand it better but it seems the TS getting rekt of Propero is just a meme.
>>
>>50064534
>>50064592
Oops.
>>
>>50064592
>Were they really though?
they were so hopped up on chaos juice they started spontaneously turning into psychic chaos spawn and realizing how they were the baddies all along
>>
>>50064616
>they were so hopped up on chaos juice they started spontaneously turning into psychic chaos spawn and realizing how they were the baddies all along
Thats just not accurate sorry. I wonder if I'm getting trolled here. The flesh change was a flaw in their geneseed that was present since before meeting Magnus. It appears Tzeentch simply removed his protection of the Sons during Propero so when they reached for their powers they succumbed. Blaming that on the marines themselves is simply wrong.
>>
>>50064674
>Blaming that on the marines themselves is simply wrong.
so they weren't turning into giant psychic mutants as a result of unrestrained sorcerous power?
>>
>>50043708
I want a Red Talons book. Or Consecrators.
>>
>>50064701
I'm wondering if you read the books at all? I mean I read them awhile ago but still.

You seem to be stating that because TS were sorcerors that they were Chaos Space Marines yes? How is that so? They didnt fall till after Propero and then after taht dedicated themsleves to horus during the heresy.

>so they weren't turning into giant psychic mutants as a result of unrestrained sorcerous power?
And no. Again geneseed, Chaos god and deal they had no idea about. They also relied on sorcery as their last resort and pushed themselves because of the dire situation they were in
>>
>>50064741
He's fucking with you dude, the guy clearly has no actually knowledge of the history of the thousand sons beyond the bare minimum
>>
>>50064760
Ok thanks. I thought so but I was giving the benefit of the doubt. Sad I actually found the idea interesting. I really didnt realise the TS were so small and it really changes the dynamic of it all for me.
>>
>>50064741
>You seem to be stating that because TS were sorcerors that they were Chaos Space Marines yes?
no? I'm saying they relied extensively on sorcery and were mutating heavily during the battle of prospero.

>They also relied on sorcery as their last resort
they relied on sorcery as their first resort. Kinda why the SoS were at the battle in the first place.

>and pushed themselves because of the dire situation they were in
which put their mutation into overdrive

Them having potentially good intentions doesn't really change that. Or did you miss the whole bit with T'Kar at the end of Prospero Burns.
>>
>>50051464
I wonder, whay would happen if some guy like you became a mod?
Is it even allowed to terminate threads or anons for shitposting?
Would there be an uproar from said anons/shitposters?

>>50064722
Consecrators are featured in the thirs and last book of the Legacy of Caliban serie. Their Chapter Master is a former Chaplain-Investigator, and has quite the ornate armor. They also help the DA in defending the Rock from the DG.
>>
>>50064785
The thousand sons were frequently reduced to just a thousand members more than once, that and their psyker legionnaires were quite potent even before the rubric
That said don't doubt the power of home advantage especially when it comes to an extermination
>>
>>50064804
Being 1/10 the size of the other legions at the time of the heresy still surprised me. but yes it does make sense overall I just didnt put it together.

>>50064802
>no? I'm saying they relied extensively on sorcery and were mutating heavily during the battle of prospero.
>they relied on sorcery as their first resort. Kinda why the SoS were at the battle in the first place.
Psykers arnt the same thing as sorcerers. I know I shouldnt reply so enjoy your (you).
>>
>>50064853
>Psykers arnt the same thing as sorcerers
Actually, they are now.
>>
>>50064853
>I know I shouldnt reply so enjoy your (you).
Literally every piece of fluff about the thousand sons ever has the whole prospero situation arise because of their insistence on using sorcery despite the emperor's decrees.

Have YOU read Prospero Burns? A Thousand Sons? Collected Visions? The fucking pamphlet in Burning of Prospero? How about Index Astartes? ANY of them?
>>
>>50064854
>Actually, they are now.
What do you mean sorry? There are clear differences between the two as far as I was aware.

Otherwise why did the Sons get in trouble in the first place? It cant have been for being psychic but for Magnus's sorcerous warning.
>>
>>50063954
The ones with bionics were sheepdog grox, with security software and lasgun mecadendrites.
Regular grox are just lobotomized because they are absolutely savage in their natural state.

We actually used them for a commando mission. It was a tie, the EMP made them berzerk as intended but they ate my team as well.
>>
>>50064896
>There are clear differences between the two as far as I was aware.
They retconned it to just being psychic powers.

>It cant have been for being psychic but for Magnus's sorcerous warning.
The Council of Nikaea was retconned to being about the use of psychic powers in the Legions. The Librarium was floated as an alternative, and shot down. It was only adopted after Prospero and the need for trained Space Marine psykers.
>>
>>50065050
>They retconned it to just being psychic powers.
They retconned what sorry? All psychic powers being sorcery? That doesnt make any sense.

>The Council of Nikaea was retconned to being about the use of psychic powers in the Legions.
I didnt realize it was any different Anon? Thats how its portrayed in a Thousand Sons.
>>
>>50065083
>They retconned what sorry? All psychic powers being sorcery?
More the reverse. All sorcery is psychic powers, and psychic powers are manipulation of the warp.

I've read 'A Thousand Sons' and 'Prospero Burns', which cover Niaea. In both its clearly stated the issue is that Magnus wants unrestricted psychic use in the legions, Russ wants zero, and others float the idea of the Librarium as a compromise.
>>
>>50050986

What happened with him and copyright?
>>
>>50065102
You can be a sorcerer without being a psyker. You are completely not making any sense. I'm sorry if your not but are you the troll again?

Nikaea was Magnus's attempt to stop this dissolution of the librarius program because of the mistrust of his fellow brothers. Magnus himself was censured after the result because of the manipulations surround the event. This still has nothing to do with the classification of sorcery in 40k.
>>
>>50065105
There was another book out with a similar name (I think a Mortal Instruments book), and the publisher of that book put out an injunction on Black Library from releasing the book.
>>
>>50065115
>You can be a sorcerer without being a psyker.
Not any more you can't. There's no difference between a psyker and a sorcerer any more outside one works directly for Chaos while the other doesn't. It's all warp manipulation.
>>
>>50064871
To be fair, the Emperor was a dick about it.
And post heresy they were proven right. There is no distinction between Sorcery and Psykers.
Only the unenducated draw that line, while Sorcery is just a tool Psykers and latent Psykers (like all humans) can use. To what end depends on the user.

By that time the 1k Sons were already with Tzeentch. Well done big E, well done Russ.
>>
>>50065130
>Not any more you can't.
No. Sorcerers bargian for demon for power. You can do this without being a psyker.

Please post your source for this changing recently.
>>
>>50065159
>Please post your source for this changing recently.
6th ed rule book.
>>
>>50065172
You are the troll.

Be more specific preferably post the image.
>>
>>50065141
>To be fair, the Emperor was a dick about it.
He was a dick about it, but he was also completely upfront with his intentions. Magnus was kind of retarded for thinking he could prove anything by pulling his stunt.
>>
>>50065185
> people who say things that don't agree with me are trolls

No, I'm not wasting any more time with you.
>>
>>50065199
>cant find his source
>*Puff*
L8r.
>>
>>50065159
For... psychic power, yes.
Being a sorcerer makes you into a psyker.
>>
>>50064871
>Implying
Prospero happened because of Magnus's sorcery. And because the Emeperor couldnt believe Magnus's warning that Horus was a Traitor so he took it all out on Mangus.
>>
>>50065221
>don't use sorcery or I'll blow you up
>*uses sorcery*
>STOP OPPRESSING ME YOU BIGOT
>>
>>50065241
Hey remember that time the Emperor went round telling everyone demons and god didnt exist then got mad at Magnus for hanging out with demons and gods?

Or that other time he went and hid away from the galaxy with no way to contact him apart from psychic messages so that when Magnus found out about Horus he had no other option?

Or that other time when he didnt believe the truthful warning he received about Horus then dismissed it off hand and never checked up on it?

Magnus's mistake was thinking the Emperor was worth saving.
>>
>>50065260
remember that time he said he'd visit destruction on you if you did magic shit

and then you spat magic shit in his face

what the fuck did magnus expect
>>
>>50064256
loyalist are shit and only exist to get raped by traitors who did nothing wrong

at least that's the current view of the BL writers
>>
>>50065260
>>50065274

>Think The Emperor and Magnus was a clear cut one is right, the other is wrong.

Be realistic, they both deserved to burn...
>>
File: The same thing.jpg (63KB, 515x474px)
The same thing.jpg
63KB, 515x474px
>>50065205
>SPOONFEED ME, HURP DERP
>>
>>50065274
Rational thought. But you know Emperor. Like I said Magnus should have just stayed Neutral but he was too much of a loyalist for that despite disobeying the Edict of Nikaea. The most hypocritical BS edict of all time I might add.
>>
>>50065293
I never said the emperor was in the right. I'm just saying he was completely straight with his intentions and no one can be surprised with the outcome of magnus' warning.
>>
>>50065294
Where is that in the 6th edition codex as without the context it makes no mention of demons.

Sorcery and psychic power is both from the warp oviously but sorcery uses demons instead of the warp itself, normally arising from a deal between sorcerer and a demon.

The Thousnad Sons little familiar things for example.
>>
>>50065328
>Where is that in the 6th edition codex
Under 'psychic powers'.

>Sorcery and psychic power is both from the warp oviously but sorcery uses demons
You are demonstrably wrong.
>>
>>50065352
>You are demonstrably wrong.
All psychic activity is sorcery to you then?

How can the Librarius program exist in the Great Crusade if its the same thing as sorcery Anon?

How could their be no evidence of Magnus's sorcery if its just psychic powers? He used them all the time to communicate the Emperor before even meeting him?
>>
>>50065328
You're sure you know how to read? Source was posted and you're still trying to argue against it
>>
>>50065389
>All psychic activity is sorcery to you then?
They are to GW
Read the rule book
>>
>>50065389
>How can the Librarius program exist in the Great Crusade if its the same thing as sorcery Anon?
The program was shut down after Nikaea specifically because it was sorcery. It was only brought back after the Heresy.
>>
File: Please explain..png (651KB, 360x754px)
Please explain..png
651KB, 360x754px
>>50065417
Kek are you trying to rules lawyer in a discussion about 40k from one quote?

This quote here 'demonstrably' shows that Magnus admits to using psychic powers. How was it then that the Emperor then say it wasn't clear he was using sorcery? He admits it too his face lol.

>>50065422
Nikaea was supposed to shut down all psychic behaviour among the legions because some of the primarchs feared 'it was' sorcery. It wasnt Shut down because the librarius program 'was' sorcery.
>>
File: 106.jpg (682KB, 1154x1616px) Image search: [Google]
106.jpg
682KB, 1154x1616px
>>50064997
Yep, dug up the source again, WD314. Goddamn lizardcows with laser eyes.
Always loved articles like this, the Kill-team Nemesis one from a few issues before most of all.

Regarding the current discussion, ADB commented on the sorcery thing back when the 5e GK codex was released (and I guess me bringing it up now may seem ironic in light of what I said earlier, but nevertheless):

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/222502-grey-knight-mkii-fluff-discussion/page-21#entry2713277

>Something that I do find interesting in the C:GK changes is the notion of psychic powers and sorcery being refined into something better explained for pretty much the first time.

>"Truly, the separation between psychic power and black magic exists only in the minds of men, and is wholly dependent upon whether the observer views the wonders of the galaxy through a veil of sorcery or science."

>The idea of all psychic powers (no matter what you call them) being essentially the same thing isn't a new one; I've heard it spoken by IP folks and Games Dev guys many times, and I wonder if it's just something that's never really translated all that well into codices before. So now, when it's explained clearly, it seems a sudden surprise and a massive conflict, when really it's just that the Grey Knights know enough about the warp to realise that whether you call it Psychic Powers or Sorcery, it's still the same thing. So they don't bother with differentiating it along artificial lines. In the 40K setting, the sixth sense is a corrupt power at its very core, but depending on how you wield it will make a lot of difference.
>>
File: 022.jpg (744KB, 1127x1608px)
022.jpg
744KB, 1127x1608px
>>50065534

>There's a lot to chew over in the new codex; a lot of changes, retcons and previously unseen clarity. I don't say it because I think they're all terrible changes or anything, but I sympathise with any Grey Knight player trying to get their head 'round the new 'dex, because writing a novel about the sons of Titan isn't any easier. Practically every time I'm revealing a deeper slice of the Chapter's traditions, actions or rituals, it's a case of asking "Does this contradict new information? Does it sound right, given X, Y and Z? Is this going to be annihilated by the next Grey Knight codex in XX years, if they retcon stuff that seems clearly unpopular?"

>And so on. Bit of a minefield.
>>
>>50065534
Wait, if Lazer-grog fires on anyone who comes too close to a herd, how the fuck do you feed them or, you know, do other farming activities?
>>
>>50065534
>it's just that the Grey Knights know enough about the warp to realise that whether you call it Psychic Powers or Sorcery, it's still the same thing.
>In the 40K setting, the sixth sense is a corrupt power at its very core, but depending on how you wield it will make a lot of difference.
If you viewed that as from and objective point of view then this seems to break the internal consistency of the setting in so many ways.

However its appears to just be the Grey knights opinion on it and not how the Emperor saw things which is fine I guess.
>>
File: 24.jpg (594KB, 1144x1615px)
24.jpg
594KB, 1144x1615px
>>50065580
Presumably they can be remotely deactivated for such times. And if not, well, that's the grim darkness of the far future for you.
>>
>>50065534
>Slasher Beasts
The cogboys cock up again, news at 11.

>>50065580
Maybe the grox are simply allowed to roam around the pastures and they don't need any human feeding and care? The fluff says they can get by with nearly anything. Being left to their own devices on pastures would also fit in with the grox rustling and the anti-rustler lasergrox.
>>
>>50065617
>farmers are risking getting shot by a lasgun whenever they want a burger

Grim darkness? More like grim derpness.
>>
>>50065328
I go do stuff and then I return and the spoonfed tard is still at it.

All psychic power is sorcery so says the codexes and rulebooks. Deal with it.

>>50065455
>Kek are you trying to rules lawyer in a discussion about 40k from one quote?

No, he stating the fact the the Grey knight codex AND the 6th ED mainrulebook say that sorcery and psyker power are one and the same, retard.

And going by (>>50065534) that was the decision of the powers that be. So you are shit out of luck and have no choice but to eat a dick.
>>
>>50065858
Also ANYONE who uses FW HH as a source needs to be shot.

The FW HH books are written as in-verse historical documents by a in-verse character whose initials re AK. That person would fall under the whole thing that the separation between sorcery and psychic being only the minds of men. She, the author, being a Pariah would be doubly useless at understanding psychic power making her record of the council inaccurate and lacking.
>>
>>50065455
>>50065897
Thats not a forge world book. Its Horus heresy collected visions. Just fyi.
>>
>>50065858
>Look it says so right here
So how does that work with-

>IT SAYS SO RIGHT HERE
Whatever you say Anon.

Also responding to an hour old post to say someones still at it?
>>
>>50065905
My statement on the FWers needing to be shot still stand.

However, in light of what you said, this >>50065455 fucker should live out the rest of his days in a pain amplifier for dishonestly using an old source when arguing about the current state of the fluff.
>>
>>50065940
>fucker should live out the rest of his days in a pain amplifier for dishonestly using an old source when arguing about the current state of the fluff.
t. Black Library author
>>
>>50065930
Fuck off, despite being spoonfed the sources, you continued to disagree with it like a moron. The worst of it is that you dragged an old source and tried to push it off as new. You dishonest bastard and a real cunt.

Now admit you were wrong and apologize.
>>
>>50065952
More like

-A GW design studio developer.

The change started with them. The rest had to adjust.
>>
>>50065959
>The worst of it is that you dragged an old source and tried to push it off as new.
You mean you didnt know what it was?

>Now admit you were wrong and apologize.
Ahahaha
>>
>>50065979
See? This is why he should bombarded with intense pain until expiration.

Anyways, back to business.

Psychic power and sorcery are one and the same. There is no distinction between them. This revelation/change was made to emphasis how all "magic" comes from the Warp and show why races with no psychic potential like the Necrons and Tau cannot use the Warp for power
>>
>>50066027
Keep repeating yourself bud.

You still havent explained why Magnus wasnt found guilty at Nikaea if sorcery is the same as psychic powers have you?

You also havent explained how non-psykers can form pacts with demons to uses the power of the warp?
>>
>>50066047
>You also havent explained how non-psykers can form pacts with demons to uses the power of the warp?

The rulebook says that all humans are latent psykers. Get rekt. Non-psykers like Tau and Necrons can never form pacts or draw power from the Warp.

And I don't have explain anything. The lore is clear as day. If you choose to not go with, then you are simply wrong.
>>
>>50066067
>And I don't have explain anything. The lore is clear as day.
Sure thing champ. Dont answer the questions its fine.'

>The rulebook says that all humans are latent psykers.
Nah.

> Non-psykers like Tau and Necrons can never form pacts or draw power from the Warp.
>Implying
Youre a funny dude.
>>
>>50066105
>Sure thing champ. Dont answer the questions its fine.'

Answer the question yourself by reading the BL novels or any newer source.

>Nah.

What you mean nah? Nah as in you didn't read it?

>Youre a funny dude.

And you an ignorant cunt. Find me a single example of Tau or Necrons using psychic power.

While you are at it find a single recent GW source (5th Ed and up) that says sorcery requires pacts with daemons.
>>
>>50066133
>Answer the question yourself by reading the BL novels or any newer source.
Why bother. You seem like 'an expert' and you have no idea.

>What you mean nah?
As in not true.

>Find me a single example of Tau
Fire warrior.

>sorcery requires pacts with daemons.
It also includes dark rituals or other unholy incantations such as those The Sons sought out over the Crusade. This is what allows non-psykers to make deals and practice sorcery.
>>
>>50066184
>Why bother. You seem like 'an expert' and you have no idea.

Haven't got to to the Presporo Burns so I am no in position to comment about something I did not read unlike you who just lies two times in this post.

>As in not true.

You didn't read the rulebook. so you are in no position to tell me what's in it.

>Fire warrior.

....Nor did you read Fire Warrior. Kais did not use psychic power at all in that book.

>It also includes dark rituals or other unholy incantations such as those The Sons sought out over the Crusade. This is what allows non-psykers to make deals and practice sorcery.

I don't see sources. All I see is wrong and headcanon. You are a failure.
>>
File: Fine line indeed mr trollio.png (458KB, 505x515px) Image search: [Google]
Fine line indeed mr trollio.png
458KB, 505x515px
>>50066223
>Haven't got to to the Presporo Burns
Kek. Why are you even here?

>You didn't read the rulebook
I have the rule book right here. If you expect me to know exactly where to look for your head canon well thats another matter.

>Kais did not use psychic power at all in that book.
No but he is influenced by the demonic powers. As your trroll ass would say 'get rekt'.

>I don't see sources
I've shown you sources that show that they cant be the same for logical consistency. The in universe belief of the Emperor disprove your belief. Saying that because the grey knights believe it to be so doesnt make it true.
>>
>>50066268
To prove you wrong.

>I have the rule book right here. If you expect me to know exactly where to look for your head canon well thats another matter.

You didn't read >>50065294 in the rulebook. You expect me to believe that you have the ruilebook and read it.

It's under "Deadly Evolution", jackass.

>No but he is influenced by the demonic powers. As your trroll ass would say 'get rekt'.

No? Then you are wrong, jackass. The point here is usage of the Warp as power. Kais did not do it. He was temporarily corrupted. So what? Even a rock or a machine can get corrupted.

Nobody got wrecked but yourself.

>I've shown you sources that show that they cant be the same for logical consistency.

No, you did not. You did not bring a single recent source that says that sorcery and psychic power are not the same.

>The in universe belief of the Emperor disprove your belief

Old source.

>Saying that because the grey knights believe it to be so doesnt make it true.

The text doesn't say that it's the belief of the Grey Knights.

Furthermore, this >>50065294 two sources. The 5th ED Grey Knight and the 6th ED Rulebook. So you can't pull that bullshit.
>>
>>50066344
I see you didnt mention my image from the 6th edition codex stright up blowing you out of the water. Why was that again?

>To prove you wrong
well its been several hour so? Maybe start soon?

>It's under "Deadly Evolution", jackass.
>Most humans do not have the conscious ability to manipulate psychic energy, yet almost all have the potential.
>yet almost all
>almost all
>almost
K.

> Non-psykers like Tau and Necrons can never form pacts or draw power from the Warp.
>he point here is usage of the Warp as power. Kais did not do it. He was temporarily corrupted. So what?
Um which one do you believe again?

>You did not bring a single recent source that says that sorcery and psychic power are not the same.
See last image.

>Also implying that the council of Nikaea didnt happen
K. Why is HH:CV not canon for you champ?

>The text doesn't say that it's the belief of the Grey Knights.
The quote from ABD does however.

>So you can't pull that bullshit.
You can also go look at the dark heresy and black crusade rule books if you have them handy I dont have them on me.
>>
>>50066436
>>You did not bring a single recent source that says that sorcery and psychic power are not the same.

It does not. It does not say sorcery requires daemons and It only makes sorcery an overindulgence of psychic power.

Try again.

>yet almost all

That exclusion being the blanks/pariahs who have zero psychic potential.

Admit you are wrong.

>Um which one do you believe again?

You are so idiotic.

Did Kais form pacts with daemons? Did he get psychic powers? Nope and nope. Like I said, Even rocks can be corrupted. Kais was hit by a psychic rage aura of a Bloodthirster and was driven insane for a bit. That is all.

>K. Why is HH:CV not canon for you champ?

Old retconned material.

>The quote from ABD does however.

ADB is a freelancer stating his opinion. He does not work for GW and what he says has no more authority than a random anon.

>You can also go look at the dark heresy and black crusade rule books if you have them handy I dont have them on me.

FFG are third party non-canonical material. GW did not bestow the authority on them to create IP.
>>
>>50066504
>It does not. It does not say sorcery requires daemons and It only makes sorcery an overindulgence of psychic power.
>The line between psychic power and raw sorcery is fine indeed.
>Implying your not 10/10 mad right now
lol.

>That exclusion being the blanks/pariahs who have zero psychic potential.
Nice head canon. Lets see you prove it?

>Non-psykers like Tau and Necrons can never form pacts or draw power from the Warp.
>draw power from the Warp.
>Kais did not do it. He was temporarily corrupted.
Which point do you believe again?

>Old retconned material.
By what and what supplanted it? Either way the council still happened and Magnus wasnt crushed for being a practicing psyker, or as you believe sorcerer.

>GW did not bestow the authority on them to create IP.
Its funny because they didnt they just followed GW's IP.

Once again incase you cant actually read
Chaos 6th edition sorcerers. Even talks about those rituals and pacts I talked about. Feel free to submit at any time. I'll only gloat a bit.
>>
File: how..png (31KB, 453x211px) Image search: [Google]
how..png
31KB, 453x211px
>>50066504
How can a Librarian be tempted to draw on sorcery if he already uses sorcery by being a psyker Anon? How?
>>
>>50066570
>>The line between psychic power and raw sorcery is fine indeed.

Then read the lines below it. It mentions the Librarian overindulging in his power. Furthermore, you go to put into consideration what's said in the 6th ED main rulebook which you continuously>>50065294 ignore because it proves wrong.

>Nice head canon. Lets see you prove it?

Read up on the pariahs. they are the only humans with zero psychic potential. Wow that was hard.

>Which point do you believe again?

Kais did not draw power from the warp. Corruption =/= being a sorcerer. What an idiot. I demanded a source with Tau or Necrons using Warp sorcery and you gave me nothing.

>By what and what supplanted it?

The 5th ED and 6th ED which state that psychic power and sorcery are the same.

>Either way the council still happened and Magnus wasnt crushed for being a practicing psyker, or as you believe sorcerer.

Read the Prosporo burns novel for that answer.

>Its funny because they didnt they just followed GW's IP.

They followed it and made changes to lore to facilitate it their games. Whatever new lore that they created is not canonical in the 40K universe unless GW ported it in. They have no canon authority.

>Even talks about those rituals and pacts I talked about.

Butt hey don't say they are necessary to practice sorcery. Grey Knights use sorcery and rituals in their magic, and they don't requite pacts with daemons or anything. Rekt.
>>
>>50066599
By over indulging in it, of course.
>>
>>50065930
>So how does that work with-
We're not asking about how psyker powers work with other things
You claimed sorcery and psychic powers were different, people showed you that you were wrong. You are now engaged in the most pointless goalpost moving I have ever seen
>>
>>50066642
>Then read the lines below it.
I did they support my view anon. There is a difference between being a psyker and being a sorcerer how else could a psyker become a sorcerer?

>Read up on the pariahs.
I know what they are that wasnt even the point?

for like the fifth time
Are you Implying that Kais was corrupted but didnt draw from the warp? Do you understand this setting at all?

>Read the Prosporo burns novel for that answer.
Exactly because I have read it and Magnus isnt destroyed for being a sorcerer. Which you should read btw you might be less wrong afterwards. Maybe.

>They followed it and made changes to lore to facilitate it their games.
Blah blah blah It doesnt counter that it showing the setting rules which are already in place. Sure. Ignore it then but you know I'm right.

>Grey Knights use sorcery and rituals in their magic,
By definition the rituals are sorcery, this is what sorcery is. As well as demonic pacts you fucking idiot how have you yet to understand this? The Rituals force the demons and warp to react in a certain fashion desirable to the caster. This power doesnt come from the individual but from the warp or demon powering it. This is the distinction between psychic powers and sorcery.

>and they don't requite pacts with daemons or anything.
They require the rituals you top tier idiot. The fact you bring in evidence that youre wrong and it goes over you head. Its just sad.

>By over indulging in it, of course.
So you are implying taht at one point you can be a psyker and then at another point be a sorcerer? Wouldnt this completely destroy your point of view? well yes it would I see its finally sinking in.
>>
>>50066047
>You still havent explained why Magnus wasnt found guilty at Nikaea if sorcery is the same as psychic powers have you?
Why does this mean anything? Maybe Big E just wanted to scare Magnus straight instead of fucking him over.

Regardless of anything else, the fluff clearly states that A=A, and you are sperging out about "but how come B=B?"
>>
>>50066737
>>50066599
>>50066268
>>50065455
Read the thread before butting in. Like the whole thread.
>>
>>50066599
>How can a Librarian be tempted to draw on sorcery if he already uses sorcery by being a psyker Anon? How?
Overusing it, like using Biomancy to play b-ball rather than kill heretics
>>
>>50066769
Read the responses before making yourself look like a retard.
>>
>>50066801
>HURR DURR I'll just show up late and throw insult out
K.
>>
>>50066756
>I did they support my view anon. There is a difference between being a psyker and being a sorcerer how else could a psyker become a sorcerer?

It does not.

Overusing his power or drawing on powers of Chaos or not, Grey Knights are by definition sorcerers.

In the end of the day, all what they do just psychic power given another name.

>I know what they are that wasnt even the point?

It was the point. They are the only guys with no psychic potential in humanity

>Exactly because I have read it and Magnus isnt destroyed for being a sorcerer. Which you should read btw you might be less wrong afterwards. Maybe.

I doubt it.

>Exactly because I have read it and Magnus isnt destroyed for being a sorcerer. Which you should read btw you might be less wrong afterwards. Maybe.

Drawing power upon the warp as a sorcerer/psyker. I demanded a source for this and yet you just went to arguing stupidity. No, Kais did not draw upon the Warp. He was affected by the psychic power of the daemon.

>Blah blah blah It doesnt counter that it showing the setting rules which are already in place. Sure. Ignore it then but you know I'm right.

Nope, third party games have no authority over the setting.

>By definition the rituals are sorcery, this is what sorcery is. As well as demonic pacts you fucking idiot how have you yet to understand this? The Rituals force the demons and warp to react in a certain fashion desirable to the caster. This power doesnt come from the individual but from the warp or demon powering it. This is the distinction between psychic powers and sorcery.

There is no distinction. It only exists in the minds of men to differentiate bad psychic powers and good ones.

>They require the rituals you top tier idiot. The fact you bring in evidence that youre wrong and it goes over you head. Its just sad.

And psykers sometimes chant to unleash their power. It's just methods to unleash their psychic power, different methods to get to the same result.
>>
>>50066812
Stop being a cunt to people who called you out on being wrong.

>>50066855
>So you are implying taht at one point you can be a psyker and then at another point be a sorcerer?

A sorcerer is just a psyker who overuses his psychic ability. That is all.
>>
>>50066855
>In the end of the day, all what they do just psychic power given another name.
But you said this Anon?
>By over indulging in it, of course.
You said a librarian, ergo a psyker, can draw on too much power and become a sorcerer? Whats the difference between them if they're the same then? how can one change and become a sorcerer if they already were one?
>>
>>50066871
>Stop being a cunt
>look like a retard.
>most pointless goalpost moving I have ever >>HURR DURR I'll just show up late and throw insult outseen
>Implying I was worng

>A sorcerer is just a psyker who overuses his psychic ability. That is all.
So they're the same just different in your mind? Interdasting.
>>
>>50066910
Nobody said they are the same, Librarian and Sorcerer.

What's being said is that their powers are one and the same.
>>
>>50066945
You goalpost shifted a lot, to be fair. Especially on the Fire Warrior thing.
>>
I'm done its late and I just finished my book. You refuse to see reason even when obviously your beliefs break the logical consistency of the setting. You have some quotes to support and so do I.

>I've shown you sources that show that they cant be the same for logical consistency.
ie Magnus not being killed for using sorcery when using his psychic powers. You just deny this and havent even read the book you claim makes HHCV invalid. Even if it did it supports the exact same events so literally retarded reasoning. Magnus was censured for suspected sorcery and the legions were stopped from using psychic powers because of the risk of sorcery going on.

You just deny that this means there's a line. Because your sources are the only right sources. Despite asking me to find you one that counteracted yours after 5th edition which I did.

Not understanding that to be corrupted you have to be involved with the warp. And yes he used that strength he gained comon. Are you saying that power up came for free?

>There is no distinction.
There is a distinction. A clear and obvious one. Where the power that creates teh spell comes from. You refuse to address this because it proves the difference between psychic powers and sorcery. A psyker uses their own strength a sorcerer can use or enhance theirs through rituals or demonic pacts.
>>
>>50067073
>ie Magnus not being killed for using sorcery when using his psychic powers. You just deny this and havent even read the book you claim makes HHCV invalid. Even if it did it supports the exact same events so literally retarded reasoning. Magnus was censured for suspected sorcery and the legions were stopped from using psychic powers because of the risk of sorcery going on.

Sorcery being the overindulgence of psychic power which is in turn is in fact sorcery itself.

>You just deny that this means there's a line. Because your sources are the only right sources. Despite asking me to find you one that counteracted yours after 5th edition which I did.

I deny that it proves that they are not the same thing. The lines after it just makes it out to be overindulgence.

>And yes he used that strength he gained comon. Are you saying that power up came for free?

Motherfucker. This proves that you didn't read the novel. Kais never empowered by Chaos at any point in the novel. During the final fight, the daemon infected him with rage in order to drw him out from cover and torture him. Kais broke free and defeated the daemon.

> A clear and obvious one

There is none according to the fluff. Both are one and the same.
>>
>>50067159
>>>50067073 #
>Sorcery being the overindulgence of psychic power which is in turn is in fact sorcery itself.
This is tautological and doesn't make sense. Basically what you said is that sorcery is sorcery which is sorcery.

>There is none according to the fluff. Both are one and the sand
And also you didn't answer his statement about where the power comes from. Just saying.
>>
>>50049125
>Chaos Undivided is killed
>Hates other authors
>Emperor's gift
Thread posts: 340
Thread images: 31

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.