[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do orkz, tau, necrons, and tyranids travel at FTL speeds?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 174
Thread images: 21

File: 1414020871289.jpg (201KB, 572x800px) Image search: [Google]
1414020871289.jpg
201KB, 572x800px
How do orkz, tau, necrons, and tyranids travel at FTL speeds? I've heard tau can't, but then how do they have an empire?
>>
>>50040499
>orks
Warp
>Tau
Warp, albeit with shallower transitions into it
>Necrons
Webway
>Nids
Gravity tunnels created between stars
>>
>>50040534

I thought the Necrons used inertia-less drives.
>>
>>50040534
>>50040549
Correction:

Orks
>Warp

Tau
>Warp skimming, basically bounce off the Warp

Necrons
>Superluminal engines and phase-out powers, basically they ghost their way through realspace

Tyranids
>Gravity tunnel

Eldar
>Webway
>>
>>50040499
>Orks
They still have warp drives, but they aren't very affected by daemonic influence and such. If for example, a daemon manifests on their ship, melds into the wall, and screeches at them, the Kaptin would throw a wrench at it and tell it to shut up.
>Crons
Inertialess drives, they basically travel through spacetime and "teleport" places, phasing in and out of existence.
>Tau
I have no fucking idea. Originally, they only had basic flight, so a journey to another system would take years. But that was retconned a long time ago, and I think they still have "warp drives" that utilize the warp, but they don't realize it
>>
The tau skip the warp.

The earth caste is still trying to figure out how the warp works (something that baffles them still, that the imperium with perceived inferior tech, has 'mastered' this powerful form of travel) so their ships barely get into the warp. Their ship engines can get them into the warp, but its extremely brief and they are almost immediately spit back out, but have traveled some.

Think of it as a tub full of water being the warp. Then take an air filled rubber ball. Drop that from a decent height and the ball falls into the water, then the buyancy immediately surfaces it. Tau travel into the warp is pretty much that.

Part of it has to do with the Tau still trying to figure out the equations for warp space and travel, not realizing it's complete chaos without the imperial navigators.
>>
>>50040499
Orks go in the warp and give no shits.
Tau skim the warp, meaning safer but much slower journeys.
Not sure about crons, apparently some kind of tunelling akin to the the Webway, or their own version of it.
Nids, from what I've heard (no idea about veracity or sauce tho) bend space to shorten the distance, so possibly some form of warp drive (as in, Alcubierre, Trekshit-type warp).
>>
>>50040632
>>50040887
When the Orks say they use "teef" to generate a Gellar Field, what does that mean exactly? Do they hang strips of teef like christmas decorations? Do they use squig-tusks? Do they call the massive metal spikes they put on everything "teef"?

Whatever the answer, I've always taken it to mean a mix of all three, seeing as so much Orky tech has that scrap-tribal look.
>>
>>50040887
The necron hyperdrive operates in two ways.

First of all, their tech is so advanced that they can just move faster than light. No warp bullshit, they JUST go faster than light.

Second part is they have tech that essentially makes their ships intangible, so when they're speeding around at lightspeed they don't crash into shit - they just phase through it in a fraction of a fraction of a second.
>>
>>50040846
>not realizing it's literal chaos
fify
>>
>>50040846
There was also a case of them getting a ship to completely submerge into the warp, but it being lost forever. Something the Ethereals are not willing to risk again, so they stick with what they know.

Likely the experimental ship didn't have a gellar field so they got raped by daemons, and on top of that they had absolutely no clue how to navigate it, so if it did come back out, it probably ended up somewhere clearly outside of the Empire and likely several hundred years into the past or future.

I am imagining if the ship is discovered later it would pretty much be the movie Event Horizon.
>>
>>50040499

>those heels
>>
>>50041123
>Blueberry Horizon

Id pay to see that movie.
>>
>>50041033
it just W O R K S
>>
>>50041230
This is the single pic I've seen in the series where the character isn't at least a little naked. Heels are tame for them.
>>
>>50041011
Like, literal teef. The biggest they can find they just fucking tape, glue, hammer, or weld onto the hulls of their ships to "scare" off the deamons. Of course, Orkz being Orkz AND actually being in the warp, this works. Mostly. Any deamons that do get in are promptly gibbed by the mob of bored Orkz.
>>
>>50040499
I'd Guard her Imperial Cadian if you know what I mean.
>>
>>50041511
i really don't
>>
The amount of retards in this thread is staggering.

The Tau do not skim the Warp. The Tau skim the void between reality and the Warp. The Tau do not interact with the Warp at all. It's impossible for them to pierce the Warp without a psyker helping them.

As for the Necrons, their Inertialess drives are NOT FTL. Their max speeds is near-light. The Necrons use Dolmen Gates, which give them access to webway, for FTL. The codex states that without Dolmen Gates, the Necrons will be doomed to isolation.
>>
>>50041123
You lying piece of shit. The Tau never achieved Warp submersion nor they even touched the Warp.

BFG tau lore states that without psykers guiding the transition, there is no amount of power is capable of piercing into the Warp.

What's with you degenerates and trying to make your headcanon seem official. Just say it would be nice if "so-so happened.. Don't try to pass off your bullshit as fluff.
>>
>>50040534
>Gravity tunnels created between stars

Im not sure thats possible. That would just be a black hole... and even if for some reason they can exit again, one black hole is not connected to another. Black holes are called dark stars for a reason.
>>
>>50042036
From what I remember, it was psychic nid space whales somehow using the gravity of the target planet to accelerate it and other nid ships toward the target planet.
>>
>>50042036
It's space-magic. Don't think about it too hard.
>>
>>50042029
Just writing [citation needed] could suffice.
>>
>>50042271
Berating the cunt for his behaviour is better.
>>
>>50042036
>I'm not sure that's possible
40keks!
>>
File: disdain4plebs.gif (1MB, 250x233px) Image search: [Google]
disdain4plebs.gif
1MB, 250x233px
>>50041997
>>50042029
See, there are plenty of ways to correct ignorance without goint super turbo autist about it anon.
>>
>>50043340
This is the only way to make it stick.
>>
>>50041997
>>50042029

BFG is completely non-canon. Got another source?
>>
>>50043340
>Sees incorrect thing/sees people confused about some fine details

Normal human response:
>Oh, I'll clarify this. I'll make a few corrections.

4chan sperg response:
>WRONG! KILL YOURSELF, YOUR WRONGNESS HURTS MY SOUL! REEEE!
>>
>>50043356
No, because now I'm going to post wrong information on purpose just to piss you off. You, specifically. Basically out of spite. For the rest of eternity. Have fun "correcting" me, pal.
>>
>>50040632
>They still have warp drives, but they aren't very affected by daemonic influence and such. If for example, a daemon manifests on their ship, melds into the wall, and screeches at them, the Kaptin would throw a wrench at it and tell it to shut up
Less that they aren't affected, more that they enjoy the consequences
>>
>>50041488
orks crack me up desu senpai
>>
>>50043418
>>50043435

The worst part is he's completely wrong because Battlefleet Gothic has been discontinued.
>>
>>50042029

That that was true, then the golden age of mankind literally never happened. Because Psykers didn't start being born into humanity with enough regularity to be noticed by human civilization until lose to the end of the DaoT, long long after humanity spread throughout the galaxy with warp based FTL.

So that's clearly untrue.
>>
>>50043400
>>50043473

No, it isn't. Unless the information in it is not retconned, then information it it proceeds forward. Don't you know how canon works?
>>
>>50043435
Like I am going to care, You are just a random jackass on the web. What matters is I proced that you are a jackass.

>>50043522
Deep-ish submersion without a navigator is impossible. Sorry, that's how the fluff goes.
>>
>>50041997
> As for the Necrons, their Inertialess drives are NOT FTL. Their max speeds is near-light. The Necrons use Dolmen Gates, which give them access to webway, for FTL. The codex states that without Dolmen Gates, the Necrons will be doomed to isolation.

One: Thats stupid, because Inertialess drives are literally one of the few ways to crack the speed of light by conventional physics. Its what makes Mass Effect and Star Trek FTL work.

Two: Thats stupid, because if the Necrons had to steal FTL by piggybacking on the webway, how did they expand throughout the galaxy to fight the old ones before the webway was constructed? That fluff makes the War in Heaven totally absurd. Necron fleets that left their homeworld at the start of the war would only just now be arriving at their destination to fight the old ones.
>>
>>50043523
And the Tau Codex states that the Tau travel by skimming the surface of the Warp and the one time they tried submersion they fucked up.

So, it's clearly been retconned retard.
>>
>>50043564
>What matters is I proced that you are a jackass.
No, you proved yourself a jackass, jackass. No one gives a shit, so go take a long fuck off a short pier. And then call your mom and apologize for wasting her gift of your life.
>>
>>50043523
That only applies to Codices fuckface.

Battlefleet Gothic, like Imperial Armor, was wholly non-canon.
>>
>>50043590

>Old Ones built the webway long before the Necrons decided to get uppity
>Necrons build the dolmen gates and sneak into it when they need to

Which raises the question of how the Necrons even knew the webway existed at all, being a psychically inert race.

It's always been my opinion that the full speed inertialess drive got retconned because it would make the Emperor look like a retard for starting his webway project when he could have just science'd up a true FTL engine.
>>
>>50043590
>One: Thats stupid, because Inertialess drives are literally one of the few ways to crack the speed of light by conventional physics. Its what makes Mass Effect and Star Trek FTL work.

In 40K, they don't.

Imotekh's ships were described to be traveling at near-light speed. In general, Necron ships are slow as balls. If forced to rely on them, then the Necrons would never be a galactic threat since they would be isolated in their home systems.

>Two: Thats stupid, because if the Necrons had to steal FTL by piggybacking on the webway, how did they expand throughout the galaxy to fight the old ones before the webway was constructed? That fluff makes the War in Heaven totally absurd. Necron fleets that left their homeworld at the start of the war would only just now be arriving at their destination to fight the old ones.

First thing, the Webway was a thing even at the time of the Necrontyr.

Second, after ages of exploring and colonizing using their stasis ships, the Necrontyr Empire accounted for much of the galaxy. While their ships were slow as balls, their teleportion and wormhole technology was not.

once Necron(tyr) ships arrived after a slog, they would place teleport beacons or open wormholes to summon the colonists or reinforcements from lightyears away.

However, this method is incredibly sub-par compared to the Webway that can get you anywhere in a second.
>>
>>50043604
>And the Tau Codex states that the Tau travel by skimming the surface of the Warp and the one time they tried submersion they fucked up.

You lying pice of shit, I own the Tau codex. It does not say that.

>>50043627
It applis to all GW sources, you moron.

I like how you make rules without anything backing you up.

>>50043621
See this post.>>50043604

Anon insists on being a lying cunt. So he deserves to be called a lying cunt.

If you get mad at lying cunts lying called lying cunts, then you are a lying cunt yourself.
>>
File: BFG Tau.png (123KB, 349x742px) Image search: [Google]
BFG Tau.png
123KB, 349x742px
The Tau BFG lore coming right up. Need some sources up n here to disprove the retards and liars.
>>
>>50043763
Anon, I don't give a fuck about who is right or wrong. You are being a mad-dog cunt about the fluff for a dumbass war game about giant bald men smacking each other with chainsaws, on a Peruvian pan-flute message board. It doesn't fucking matter, so stop being a sweary cunt calling people liars, and apologize to your dear mum.
>>
>>50040549
They do, but that's for their fleets, and this obviously takes a long time to get anywhere. They can also smash their way into the webway to get somewhere more quickly.
>>
File: Life without the Warp.png (24KB, 412x445px) Image search: [Google]
Life without the Warp.png
24KB, 412x445px
>>50043788
Posting an excerpt from a recent(ish) WD article.
>>
>>50041033
That still would be slow, compared to 'spend a month travelling through the Warp, cross thousands of light years of distance.' Even if they were going ten times the speed of light, a 1000 light-year journey would take them what, a century?
>>
>>50043804
Then piss off. A no good liar is a liar regardless about the subject. Quit trying to derail the subject and move on with your butthurt and mas at being proven wrong.
>>
File: 1415221040699.jpg (45KB, 498x558px) Image search: [Google]
1415221040699.jpg
45KB, 498x558px
>>50043763
>You lying pice of shit, I own the Tau codex. It does not say that.

Not him, but that's what the 4E codex used to say.

The new ones simply say they use a ZFR Horizon Accelerator engine, for which we have absolutely no details.

So those guys aren't lying, they're just repeating fluff from a decade ago and pretending like it hasn't been updated since.
>>
>>50041011
Okay, the general problem with the warp is the fact that it's a place of pure emotion, not matter.
Without reality there to protect you, daemons start to form, tearing everything apart in an orgy of violence, plague, change, and orgy.

The gellar field works by generating a bubble of reality around the ship, allowing it to sail through the warp relatively unmolested.

The orks decorate their ships with totems and other similar shit to scare off daemons, and they're all united by this certainty, that they carry a bubble of reality along with them. There may be something technological involved, there may not.
It's hard to tell since there's very little standardization involved.
>>
>>50043854
Anon, you're autistic, aren't you? Calm the fuck down, put down the red bull, and go for a walk. You are only wasting your life trying to mad-dog people for being wrong on the internet. And that's the most you can say. They posted incorrect or outdated info on a Mongolian smoke signal forum. Liar is a pretty heavy exaggeration. So please fuck off and hug a dog or something.
>>
>>50043866
I have the bloody 4th codex and even the 3th ED codex. They say NOTHING about closely related to this (>>50041123). That post was made a lying child who wanted to push his headcanon as actual fluff.
>>
>>50042029
But the Tau do have a race of pyskers as a client race - theoretically, they could've had a Nicassar trying to act as a navigator.
>>
>>50043884
>Stop being right on the INTERNET!
Well this is a new one.
>>
>>50043884
I said piss off with your attempts at derailment. Nobody cares. You were wrong, I was right. deal with it.
>>
File: Dynamic Expansion.png (2MB, 1213x1713px) Image search: [Google]
Dynamic Expansion.png
2MB, 1213x1713px
>>50043866
Here's the old Tau fluff by the by.
>>
>>50043906
>Nobody cares.
Nobody cares about any of this. Least of all me. I'm just here to watch you rant and rave about how right and smart you are because you never got kissed in high school and your ego needs the shoring up.
>>
Aww look, it's anons getting their first taste of Carnac. Though probably not their actual first, just the first they'll remember.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3024x4032px
>>50042036
I would like to refer you to the cover of the November issue of scientific American
>>
>>50043822
>Without psykers, the tau could not make translations into the warp, but they had learnt to make short hops through the edge of the immaterial and real space, sticking to pre-ordained ‘stepping stones’. This particular transit point, deep in the Cannis gas cloud, was known to connect to the Sexton Sector. It was what the tau thought was a safe transit route, but its location had been known to the Deathwatch for some time.

-Storm of Damocles.

Here is fluff from a recent novel.

ZFR Horizon Accelerator engines were revealed to be the skim engines. Again, it's said the the Tau cannot transition into the Warp without psykers.

>>50043896
The Nicassar don't have any experience in navigating the Warp. Their ships were slower than even the Tau's.
>>
>>50043935
Then fuck off and let the adults talk.
>>
>>50043908
Now show me where it says that the Tau managed to get one of their ships fully submerged into the Warp and then got lost and the whole thing was covered up by the Ethereals? Come on, the anon said it was in the codex. You are defending him. Get to work finding it.
>>
>>50043960
Let me know when you find one, buddy.
>>
>>50043960
>tg
there are no adults here
>>
>>50043890
haha nice projecting
>>
File: Dolmen.jpg (102KB, 429x681px) Image search: [Google]
Dolmen.jpg
102KB, 429x681px
Posting the lore about the Dolmen Gates. This has been out for years and still some people don't have the slightest idea about it despite the fact that this fluff acts the backbone of the Necron lore.
>>
File: u mad.jpg (50KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
u mad.jpg
50KB, 500x333px
>>50043960
>a yelling match between internet individuals using a korean paper show over which variation of imaginary lore for an imaginary faction in an imaginary setting is the most least imaginary
>for adults
>>
>>50044055
So you are saying it wasn't lies and that it's actually canon from the codexes? Then come on then. Show me where it is in the codex. Get me a page. Failure to do so would means you are one "projecting".

Some people just cannot handle being wrong.
>>
>>50040499
I heard Necrons use warp drives. As in they actually warp space to bring the destination to the target like Star Trek.
>>
>>50044066
Adhering to truth ad being honest regardless of the subject is the mark of an adult.

Lying for pity reasons and projecting your desires on something, is the sigh of a child. This anon is a perfect example >>50043435. He got proven wrong and couldn't help but try to derail the thread.
>>
>>50044097
They don't.

canonically, the Necrons have the slowest ships in the setting.
>>
>>50044137
Just how the fuck did they manage to spread across the entire galaxy then?
>>
>>50044120
>He got proven wrong and couldn't help but try to derail the thread.
Anon. I didn't get proven wrong. >>50043435 was my first post. I'm just here to poke you with a stick because you're a jackass who needs to be reminded of that fact. I don't care about your topic, you're just such a cunt that I wanted to pass an hour fucking with you.
>>
>>50044120
But you're derailing the thread, I'm not even any of those other guys, I just came here to post that scientific American picture, but it's definitely you who's derailing the thread
>>
>>50044157
Very very very very slowly. Using slow burning generation ships.
>>
>>50044082
>So you are saying...
[Citation needed]. If you're going to be such a stickler for sauce, go find me where in >>50044055 I said that.

>A lying child who wanted to push his headcanon as actual fluff
>There is no such thing as people making an honest mistake or remembering things incorrectly
>Yeah sure I'm making assumptions about this anon and their motivations for posting something
>I'm not projecting though I swear
>>
>>50044137
>canonically, the Necrons have the slowest ships in the setting.

They still use inertialess drive to zip around, mate. It's in Shield of Baal. It's just not speedy gonzales fast anymore, so they use the dolmen gates to get around the galaxy.

They're far from the slowest.
>>
>>50044172
Yet somehow faster than the Eldar and Old Ones.
>>
>>50043590
It's GW lore man, you'd be hard pressed to find a more inconsistent and poorly explained heap of bullshit.
>>
>>50043522
AI was navigating then I suppose
>>
>>50044175
Nope, it wasn't a honest mistake. He was fabricating a story to push forward as actual fluff. If he didn't remember thins correctly then he wouldn't been so cocksure about t>>50043604.

Nothing was projected. A bad liar is clear as day. These schoolyard behavior is easily spotted.
>>
>>50044189
They weren't.

The Webway was much faster than the Necrontyr and ships and they were wrecked by it.

Even now as necrons, the Webway is the only thing that keeps the Necron relvant on a galactic scale since without the Webwway, they would be screwed.

>>50044181
Slowest when it comes to space travel. Necron ships can go from zero to near-light speed in a few moments. However, Necron ships cannot hope to outpace warp travel which exceeds FTL many times over.
>>
>>50044269
But then how the fuck were they able to take over the entire galaxy before the war in heaven?
>>
>>50040499
> Orks
Non-navigatored jumps, semi-efficient, demons as entertainment en route.

> Tau
Short hops not far into the warp, no navigators, no real steering, inefficient and short ranged.

> Necrons
Real-space FTL, or they use the webway.

> Nids
Hive ships can enter the warp on their own. They can probably navigate too, or just head for concentrations of mass.
Some fleets just plain don't, and simply sleep their way across galaxies at near-lightspeed.
>>
The Tyranids : Through Narvhals have FTL via manipulating the gravity of systems. Also they can still use the Warp for travel

Tau ; Attained the skim drives and gained slow but reliable FTL.

The Orks : Never truly mastered space travel. Some of their fleet is made up of scavenged and looted ship parts that may include watp engines of other races. If they don't have stolen warp engines, then weirdboyz are used to open rifts in the warp to be used for travel. During the brief time in the Waaagh of the Beast, the orks developed sub-space tunneling, though the technology was lost with the Beasts death.

Imperials : Regular Warp travel.

Eldar Warp travel + Webway

Necrons : the only race to have failed to develop FTL technology. They use the Webway as their primary means of space travel.
>>
>>50044236
>schoolyard behavior
>Carnac accusing others of behaving like children
Is there a word in German or some shit for this kind of irony?
>>
>>50044269
>Slowest when it comes to space travel

I very much doubt inertialess drive is slower than they Tyranid method.
>>
>>50044316
see>>50044172

The took over a large portion of the galaxy, not all of it.
>>
>>50044367
The Tyranid way outside of system is faster. However, within systems they are very slow to the point where the Tau near-light engines were faster than them.
>>
File: bullshit detector.gif (40KB, 400x236px) Image search: [Google]
bullshit detector.gif
40KB, 400x236px
>>50044369
>How did Necrons take over the galaxy?
>They took over the galaxy.
>>
>>50044387
I was talking about the Necrontyr.

And how did the Necrons takeover the galaxy? The answer is the C'tan. The C'tan gifted the knowledge of the Dolmen Gates to the Necrons finally allowing them to be a FTL species.

>>50044383
>Though the Tau fleet was pursued by dozens of bio-ships, only a handful of cadre vessels were boarded and destroyed before the Tau successfully punched through the Tyranid blockade. Unaffected by the Shadow in the Warp, the Tau’s ZFR Horizon drives propelled their ships at near light speed through realspace, and arrived safely at Ke’lshan. It took the Tyranids many days to traverse the same span of space, and for the first time in months, the Tau hoped to have a chance to catch their breath and recuperate.

Related text.
>>
>>50044346
>the only race to have failed to develop FTL technology

The Eldar didn't make the webway, and they don't use 'normal' Warp travel.
>>
>>50044417
But that's still bullshit. If the Old Ones not only had a head start but were that much faster, there's simply no way the Necrontyr could have ever spread at all.
>>
>>50044444

Witnessed. Also, the Night Scythe uses a wormhole to transport units to the battlefield. The Necrons probably used a similar system during the war - send a ship, it sets up a wormhole, reinforcements can come through as long as it remains active.
>>
>>50044444
>>50044061
Read the codex Anon. GW fucked Crons over sort off. They still have their wormhole and dimensional tech and at other times in the book they still seem to be able to move FTL however thats what the book says.
>>
>>50044436
I didn't say they made the Webway. As the children of the Old Ones they inherited and mastered it. While the Necrons clumsily bumble around in sparse areas of it, the Eldar can walk its path with ease.

And Eldar ships are capable of Warp transition.

>>50044444
Deal with it. That's the fluff.
>>
>>50044510
>I didn't say they made the Webway.

But they use it just like the Necrons do, without having developed their own technology to traverse the galaxy.

>Eldar ships are capable of Warp transition.

Source?
>>
>>50044508
>>50044492

see>>50043705

To deploy teleport beacons or wormholes, they need to get there first.

The fluff is clear on the matter. No Dolmens = isolation for the Necrons.

Sorry, Necrons do not possess their own FTL technology. This is meant for races with psykers only.
>>
>>50044550

>>50044492 here

This does not contradict what I said.
>>
>>50044550
Did you quote the wrong people? Im confused.

>>50044508
This was my post but you seem to be disagreeing with me whilst agreeing with me?
>>
>>50044535
No, they don't. Necrons Dolmen Gates re fickle and dangerous. They are unnatural to the Webway and the Webway trie to kill them whenever they use it.

Still, the Eldar managed to develop other means of FTL without the webwway, unlike the Necrons.

2e codex page 6:
>Eldar spacecraft can travel through the warp using their warp drives, although this is a slow and dangerous process for them. Unlike humans, the Eldar have no Navigators who can steer through warp space. Furthermore, the daemons of the warp are attracted far more strongly to vibrant Eldar spirits than to the dull, shadowy minds of men. As a result of these factors the Eldar travel infrequently to places that lie more than a few light years from their Webway exits.

4e codex page 13:
>Eldar spacecraft can travel through the Warp itself, although this is a slow and dangerous process for them. As a result the Eldar travel infrequently to places that lie more than a few light years from their webway portals.

6e codex page 12:
>Though most Eldar spacecraft can travel through the Warp itself, it is a difficult and dangerous process for them - to risk a craftworld in such a way would be to throw a candle into a storm and hope for its flame to stay alight. As a result, the Eldar travel infrequently to places that lie more than a few light years from the safety of their webway portals.

7e codex page 8:
>Though many Eldar spacecraft can travel through the Warp itself, it is a difficult and dangerous process - to risk a craftworld in such a way would be to carry a candle into a storm of darkness.
>>
File: 1421416896362.png (266KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1421416896362.png
266KB, 700x700px
>>50043705

Necrons had time travel.

>arrive at your destination with your slow ass ship
>reverse time so that you arrived not long after you left

Couldn't be simpler.
>>
>>50044656
>>50044572
You seem to imply that wormholes and teleporters cover for the fact that Necrons lack FTL.
>>
>>50044706
As a Necronfag, I am disappointed by my fellow Necronfags lack of knowledge.

Only one Necron in all of existence can time travel and he keeps that a secret from the rest/
>>
So for what purpose did they make that change to the crons?
>>
>>50044729
>Only one Necron in all of existence can time travel

Different Necrons have had some sort of time manipulation. There was a short story where a tomb world got attacked by Tyranids and the lord (maybe it was a cryptek) sent some of the attacking Nids back in time. Not to mention chronometrons and temporal loop shrouds. As well as the Silent King using the abilities of his High Chronomancer to fight the Blood Angels on Gehenna.

Also we are talking about the War in Heaven, when the Necrons had shit they no longer have.

In short, keep your disappointment to yourself, friend. You know what they say about stones and glass houses.
>>
>>50044713
>You seem to imply

No, it was just an assumption on your part. My theory that they might have used wormholes was simply stating it as a possible solution to their lack of FTL travel.
>>
>>50044813
The girl Cryptek threw the Tyranids and Flayed Ones into a mural.piece of art. She did not sent them across time.

And Chronomancer of the Silent King did nothing notable other than showing the Silent King the past of the Blood Angels and possibly some possible futures.

Orikan, on the other metal hand, is said to be the most potent of his school of science and that no other chronomancer comes close to achieving his feats.

So yeah, Necrons can manipulate time, but time travel is beyond all of them except one. But you are not above disappointment.

>Also we are talking about the War in Heaven, when the Necrons had shit they no longer have.

Proofless statement.
>>
>>50044844
>My theory that they might have used wormholes was simply stating it as a possible solution to their lack of FTL travel.

So my assumption is right you were implying it.

And your theory is wrong. Wormholes are not a solution,
>>
>>50044940
>The girl Cryptek threw the Tyranids and Flayed Ones into a mural.piece of art. She did not sent them across time.

Yes, she did. They were in the mural because they went back and fought the Necrons in the past. This was clearly implied. She turned them into art? Are you high?

>And Chronomancer of the Silent King did nothing notable other than showing the Silent King the past of the Blood Angels and possibly some possible futures.

Wrong, he was helping the war effort.
>the High Chronomancer, whose techno-magicks had so confounded the humans

>no other chronomancer comes close to achieving his feats

Source?

>Proofless statement

You're either baiting or clueless. It's been stated dozens of times that weapons and technology used in the War in Heaven has been lost, either when they were fighting the C'tan or during the Great Sleep.
>>
>>50044967

It seems you're just looking for an argument. I'm not really in the mood to give you one.
>>
>Imotekh’s steady march across the galactic plane wove its course even now, out in the depthless tracts of interstellar space where necron tomb ships and harvester cruisers travelled at near-light velocities. The Royarch’s grand schema, embedded in the mindframes of every necron in his service from warlord to drone, was to reunite the scattered, sleeping remnants of their species under his sigil. They had come to the Kavir system in search of the Obsidian Moon, and the Dolmen Gate that lay hidden beneath its surface. The Atun, the dynasty that had built it, was weak and scattered, and the Sautekh had claimed it for themselves.

>It was almost as an afterthought that the pocket of organics on the surface of the nearby planet were exterminated. Worthless things in the eyes of the Stormlord, impediments to the cause, the human outpost died and the moon was annexed. It was victory.

>Or to be accurate, it was a victory of a kind.

>Hidden inside the moon, a treasure trove of Atun soldiery and weapons inert but undamaged, ready to be reprogrammed and turned to Sautekh allegiance. Great value to any Royarch, even one as powerful as mighty Imotekh, whose war fleet already brimmed with death-dealers. And there, the Gate itself, rare and precious. Capable of penetrating the immaterial walls of the subspatial network existing in the bones of the void itself.

>Rare and precious, indeed. And broken, much to the Stormlord’s annoyance. Perhaps by the ravages of time, perhaps in the final spasms of the war with the Old Ones… It mattered not. Without the Dolmen Gate in full order, the weapons stored inside the Obsidian Moon could not be deployed, their function stunted.

>Ossuar remembered this moment well. He remembered Imotekh’s irritation at cracking open this prize only to find it useless to him.

-Hammer and Anvil

No Dolmens = no FTL = No Necron Empire rebirth.
>>
>>50045043
>Yes, she did. They were in the mural because they went back and fought the Necrons in the past. This was clearly implied. She turned them into art? Are you high?

Unlikely. She could have trapped them in a pocket of time.

>Wrong, he was helping the war effort.

And not notable at all.

>Source?

picture related.

>You're either baiting or clueless. It's been stated dozens of times that weapons and technology used in the War in Heaven has been lost, either when they were fighting the C'tan or during the Great Sleep.

And you have no proof. You could claim the Necrons to have anything by that vague statement.
>>
File: Orikan no other.png (295KB, 687x265px) Image search: [Google]
Orikan no other.png
295KB, 687x265px
>>50045169
Forget the picture.
>>
>>50045169
I stand corrected. She did send them across time, apparently.

>A new panel on the walls caught her attention. Necrontyr forms battled what could only be altered necrons and stylistic representations of the nameless organisms. A new event in the history of Kelrantyr, but one that, now, had always happened. Such was the power of her art.
>>
>>50045169
>Unlikely. She could have trapped them in a pocket of time.

>A new panel on the walls caught her attention. Necrontyr forms battled what could only be altered necrons and stylistic representations of the nameless organisms. A new event in the history of Kelrantyr, but one that, now, had always happened. Such was the power of her art.

You are wrong, and also foolish. If you haven't read it, simply say so.

>And you have no proof. You could claim the Necrons to have anything by that vague statement.

No shit, that's why it's a theory. But your claims that other Crypteks didn't use time manipulation (when they clearly did) makes your own claims questionable. Does Orikan use
>a closely guarded set of chronomantic abilities?
Absolutely. Is he the only Necron to have ever used time travel in some form? Obviously not.

The shit that happened during the War in Heaven, and the technology that was lost, has always been vague and open ended. They do that precisely so they can bring in some Necron weapon and say that it was 'recovered' when some dynasty on the ass end of the galaxy finally woke up.

You are being retarded for no real reason.
>>
>>50045267
>No shit, that's why it's a theory. But your claims that other Crypteks didn't use time manipulation (when they clearly did) makes your own claims questionable. Does Orikan use

Necrons can transport energies from the past and future but controlled time travel wasn't observed outside of Orikan. If they can time travel, then the whole being tricked thing would have been undone in instant as the Silent King ordered Orikan or any of the Cryptek to undo everytthing.

>The shit that happened during the War in Heaven, and the technology that was lost, has always been vague and open ended. They do that precisely so they can bring in some Necron weapon and say that it was 'recovered' when some dynasty on the ass end of the galaxy finally woke up.

Unless they print it in the fluff or make a model out of it, you don't get to treat your speculation as fact.
>>
>>50044358

deutschbaeg
>>
File: heheh.png (58KB, 456x416px) Image search: [Google]
heheh.png
58KB, 456x416px
It's time once again to get ridiculousky angry about our little plastic army men stories!

>NO! That's fucking WRONG! You're a LIAR! A FUCKING LYING LIAR!
>I'm not angry! I'm an adult!

Never change, 40k guys!
>>
File: Time's Arrow.png (142KB, 718x139px) Image search: [Google]
Time's Arrow.png
142KB, 718x139px
>>50045341
And analyzing what the girl Cryptek did, she might have created a hasty time arrow aided by the laboratory sh was in.
>>
>>50045341
>Necrons can transport energies from the past and future but controlled time travel wasn't observed outside of Orikan

Some literally who Cryptek in Devourer sent an attacking group of Tyranids (and some Necrons) into the past, with all of 30 seconds to do so. Are you seriously saying that with years of prep time, and multiple chronomancers, that feat couldn't be replicated?

Orikans shit is amazing because its precise, and he can do it by himself. Your assumption that the feat couldn't be replicated, especially given the unity of purpose of the Necrontyr during the War in Heaven, is pretty questionable.

>If they can time travel, then the whole being tricked thing would have been undone in instant as the Silent King ordered Orikan or any of the Cryptek to undo everytthing.

Why the fuck would he? The cost of bio-transference was high but at the time it seemed more than worth it. Being stronger and smarter and getting to live forever? Hands off that godamn button, Orikan.

>you don't get to treat your speculation as fact.

I never did. That was just you getting asshurt over nothing.
>>
>>50045427

But times arrow is assault 1. She did it to a whole group.
>>
>>50045442
>Some literally who Cryptek in Devourer sent an attacking group of Tyranids (and some Necrons) into the past, with all of 30 seconds to do so. Are you seriously saying that with years of prep time, and multiple chronomancers, that feat couldn't be replicated?

She used the laboratory to create something like a time's arrow >>50045427. Basically flinging something into the timestream on reverse. If time was a river, then Orikan would be on a boat navigating it towrds his destination. She on the other hand threw her victims into the river to drown in it and be dragged to the unknown.

The Necrons and C'tan fell into error and mistakes a lot. If they had the power to time travel in the same manner as Orikan, then they could have undone their mistakes. The Necrons were united under the Silent King. United in purpose. Yet when the Silent King realized the error and deception of the C'tan he simply didn't order his crypteks who were utterly under is thrall to undo it?

>Why the fuck would he?

Wrong. The Silent King realized the error of the bargain and set off to make things right. The whole return to flesh thing would be pointless if the Necrons have access to controlled time travel.

>I never did

You, you did

You went "Necrons had super weapons n the past. ergo, they must have had controlled time travel!".
>>
>>50045461
>She knew this chamber, knew what it represented. This had been a room where the early chronomancers practised their art. Here they had perfected the sciences that Valnyr used. She knew the theory behind what had been accomplished in such a place. She began to chant, activating long dormant protocols in the laboratory. Rock rumbled and lights flickered on. Ancient scenes of glory from the history of the necrontyr looked down from the walls, an inspiration to those chronomancers who would have worked within. The panels slid down, exposing blinking sensors and whizzing gears.

With the help of the laboratory.
>>
I think allot of confusion about FTL regarding the Tau and Necrons is due to various fluff changes over time.

BFG states Necrons use inertialess drive allowing them to phase out of sync with space-time and 'go around' the lightspeed barrier, whilst the newest Necron codex states they hijack the webway by using dolmen gates.

Older Tau fluff mentions the gravtic drive alowing a very brief 'skim' of the surface of the warp (incidentaly probably similar to early human expantion before geneticaly engineering navigators), whilst the newest Tau godex gives no specific explanation but the former tech is not denied.

Ork warp travel is, like most things to go with orks, hard to pin down. Wether they use a tech simillar to a gellar field or wether its just the powerful latent Ork psychic field in their belief in ther 'wards' and in gork and mork it isn't hugely important.
As stated orks aren't particularly bothered by chaos and corruption and probably enjoy having a few demons to fight on a long trip. They of course have their wierdboyz to help them navigate.

Tyranid FTL has never been given a good explanation, something vague about 'gravtic tunneling', harnesing an astronomical bodies' gravity over thousands of lightyears to propel them.
>>
File: 1371950326383.jpg (71KB, 448x473px) Image search: [Google]
1371950326383.jpg
71KB, 448x473px
>>50045594
>Wrong. The Silent King realized the error of the bargain and set off to make things right.

Later, mate. Much later. Only when the war against the Old Ones was done did he realize that the price was too high. As I said
>at the time
it seemed like it was worth it. Possibly by the point he regretted it, it was too late for any chronomancer to undo what was done.

>You, you did

No, this is just you looking for an argument I never made. If I had to summarize my stance it would be
>During the War in Heaven, Necrons had lots of technology they no longer have in the 41st millennium
>Time travel on a large scale might have been possible, seeing as the abilities of chronomancers (including Orikan) have many different methods and applications

This entire 'argument' is just you having your head so far up your ass you've become pic related.
>>
Heck, even the Taue via the paradox bombers can send things a million years into the past or future.

Does that count as time travel? I don't think so. throwing stuff into the ocean doesn't count as traversing it.
>>
>>50041997
No you retard, Necrons have both access to the Webway, FTL Inertialess drives, and straight teleportation. It depends on the source.
>>
>>50045753
>Does that count as time travel?

For whoever is on the receiving end? Kind of.

Kind of like a trip to Detroit. You're getting on the plane, but you might not like where it lands.
>>
File: Feasted.png (574KB, 709x413px) Image search: [Google]
Feasted.png
574KB, 709x413px
>>50045742
>Later, mate. Much later. Only when the war against the Old Ones was done did he realize that the price was too high. As I said

Nope, he realized his mistake the moment he saw the C'tan eating the souls of his people. Picture related.

>it seemed like it was worth it. Possibly by the point he regretted it, it was too late for any chronomancer to undo what was done.

No, it wasn't, He regretted it from the start. He had epochs worth of time (The War in Heaven lasted an eternity) to get his crypteks to undio if they could. The Cryptek were slaaves to his will and no other.

>>Time travel on a large scale might have been possible, seeing as the abilities of chronomancers (including Orikan) have many different methods and applications

So far only Orikan managed controlled time travel. If controlled time travel has a widespread and understood thing for the Necrons, then they wouldn't be in the sorry state they are now.

>This entire 'argument' is just you having your head so far up your ass you've become pic related.

You mean me being mostly right.
>>
>>50045775
>FTL Inertialess drives

They don't.

>straight teleportation

Only if a beacon was already placed where they want to go.

>It depends on the source.

And we go with the latest sources, fuckface.

Newcrons cannot into FTL without the Webway.
>>
>>50045832
>Nope, he realized his mistake the moment he saw the C'tan eating the souls of his people. Picture related.

You are wrong, and also foolish (again). 7E codex clearly states
>Yet it was only in his hour of victory that Szarekh finally understood the true horror of what he had done.
Your knowledge is a couple years out of date. Explains why your arguments are so poor.

>So far only Orikan managed controlled time travel. If controlled time travel has a widespread and understood thing for the Necrons, then they wouldn't be in the sorry state they are now.

My argument has ALWAYS been that it was possible during the War in Heaven, if if not possible for the necrons in the 41st Millennium. You cannot dispute the possibility exists.

>You mean me being mostly right.

Just like you were right about the cryptek in Devourer (you seriously claimed she turned them into fucking murals, mate. MURALS) and Szarekh, right? Oh wait.

Do you even have the 7E codex? Or have you just been baiting this entire time?
>>
>>50045083
THis makes no sense and was written by an idiot.

Just move the shit into a pocket dimension and then retrieve it at your leisure?

Kek fucking newfags writing fluff these days.
>>
>>50045832
>he saw the C'tan eating the souls of his people

Clearly their life essence, boyo. C'tan have nothing to do with souls.
>>
>>50045949
>Your knowledge is a couple years out of date. Explains why your arguments are so poor.

A screw off a minor change that doesn't change much in the argument. Even if his realization came at the hour of victory he could have still ordered his dudes to reverse time if they can and undo the bargain. Using the fact that the C'tan were distracted to back back in time and fix things.

Would have been better than warring with the C'tan and breaking out the super weapons that nearly destroyed reality. Entering a war that would cripple his empire.

Heck even if he had absolutely wanted to go to war, after it was done he wouldn't have ordered his Triarch to wander the galaxy aimlessly in a doomed quest. Rather he would have them awaken the most skilled cryteks and work on reverse time.

What are the crypteks currently doing at his behest? Trying to engineer knew bodies for the Necrons to inhabit. A research processes that's painfully slow in its progress. Maybe because biology was never their thing.

>My argument has ALWAYS been that it was possible during the War in Heaven,

Short answer, it wasn't. Or else the Silent King would have undid his mistake.

Yes, I can.

>Do you even have the 7E codex?

Yep, I assumed it was an abridged version of the 5th ED.

>Just like you were right

...About everything else.
>>
>>50045979
Life essence = life force = life energy = soul, since 5th ED dropped. A gift from Ward.
>>
>>50045970
The novel was written with the help of Matt Ward back in the days when the Newcrons were new. And it makes kinda sense.

Moving a tomb world worth of forces and weapons is time consuming for the sloggish Necrons and also they would have no way to rapidly deploy without the Dolmen.
>>
>>50046192
>A screw off a minor change that doesn't change much in the argument.

Except (going off your own claim), the War in Heaven was
>epochs worth of time
and thus by that point it was far too late for any chronomancer to change anything. You've shot yourself in the foot with your own argument!

>Short answer, it wasn't

But your claims so far have been so spotty and outlandish (murals) that your word is, essentially, worth nothing at this point.

>Yep, I assumed it was an abridged version of the 5th ED.

Thus making yourself look like an idiot and revealing you don't actually bother to keep up with the setting. Good work.

Next time come prepared. Get that 7E codex and read it. If there's a short story you haven't read, just say you haven't read it instead of making something up. Nothing wrong with admitting to gaps in your knowledge.
>>
>>50046304
>time consuming
>Necrons
Hmmm...

>also they would have no way to rapidly deploy without the Dolmen.
Just reopen your pocket dimension near a place with a Dolmen gate. Tah dah. It's just bad fluff Anon.
>>
>>50046395
>Just reopen your pocket dimension near a place with a Dolmen gate

What if you lose the pocket dimension? That shits probably hard to keep track of.

>hey did you bring the dimensional oubliette?
>no i gave it to you
>no you didn't
>fuck
>>
>>50046346
>and thus by that point it was far too late for any chronomancer to change anything. You've shot yourself in the foot with your own argument!

So what? Are you claiming there is a limit for Necron time travel. I think not. The girl Cryptek did send the group of misfits 60 million years into the past and the C'tan can send people to a time before time.

So quit it with the limitation business. There is no indication of it.

>But your claims so far have been so spotty and outlandish (murals) that your word is, essentially, worth nothing at this point.

This one isn't for the reasons posted above.

>Thus making yourself look like an idiot and revealing you don't actually bother to keep up with the setting. Good work.

>Thus making yourself look like an idiot and revealing you don't actually bother to keep up with the setting. Good work.

Just a small line that contradicts something that came before it but most of what I said is truth and nothing but the truth. So quit your posturing, in the end you are mostly wrong here.
>>
>>50046416
Maybe this explains how they lost their FTL travel.
>>
>>50046395
>Ossuar remembered this moment well. He remembered Imotekh’s irritation at cracking open this prize only to find it useless to him.

>The cryptek saw opportunity and took it. Every member of the Stormlord’s hierarchy knew their master was driven by his fire, his eternal desire to press on and never again be tethered to just one single world. Despite the counsel of his trusted warlords – generals like Khaygis – Imotekh refused to remain and dig in at Kavir. There was too much out there, too many other Tomb Worlds yet to be found and awakened, too many dangerous and savage child-races to be left unculled.

>It had been Ossuar’s manoeuvrings in the Royarch’s court that provided the solution. The cryptek used his influence to ensure that the suggestion did not appear to come from him, but in the end it was only he who could direct it.

>The Stormlord could gather his fleet and depart; but someone would need to remain behind, to stand as custodian to the Obsidian Moon while the repairs progressed. Ossuar nobly offered himself in service to that role, to watch over the reconstruction of the Dolmen Gate and the slumbering army, freeing the war fleet to move on and seek new objectives. When the work was done, the fleet would return,

-Hammer and Anvil

Just because you are immortal doesn't mean you enjoy wasting time. Imotekh was in a hurry.
>>
>>50043763
>It applis to all GW sources, you moron.

That would include Black Library which is a festering shitpile of retardation. All GW sources is an absolutely retarded rule and only Codices are canon. You can fuck right off with your BFG excerpts.
>>
File: 1369726297096.gif (2MB, 333x194px) Image search: [Google]
1369726297096.gif
2MB, 333x194px
>>50046435

>"im right and you're wrong!"

Like I said, come prepared. Grab that codex and read up on Necrons if you'd like to talk about them.
>>
>>50046514
> All GW sources is an absolutely retarded rule and only Codices are canon

You don't get to decide what'ss canon. Only GW does.

And they never made any official statements on their canon.
>>
>>50046501
>Imotekh was in a hurry.
Too bad he couldnt get anywhere because no FTL right guys?
>>
>>50046527
I see you ignored the other lines. Oh well..

Do you have anything that indicates that Necron time travel technology is limited?
>>
File: Damnos awakens.png (290KB, 784x371px) Image search: [Google]
Damnos awakens.png
290KB, 784x371px
>>50046548
His fleets are at near-light speed. He only needs to get to a system which has a functional Dolmen and then all will be open to him.
>>
>>50046540
Are you new? The rule on /tg/ is that only the Codices are canon. BFG, IA, BL, DOW and everything else might have something interesting in them, but for the purposes of lore discussion, they are non-canon.

It takes a special kind of retardation to treat everything as canon.
>>
>>50046620
/tg/ never agrees on anything and nobody should care what neckbeard opinions.

GW never made any official statements on the canon. So unless you work for GW, you don't get to tell us what canon or not.
>>
>>50046614
So it just took him 10,000 years to travel their and another 10,000 years to get back. Big rush I see.
>>
>>50046673
Confirmed newfag.

It's because /tg/ doesn't agree on what's canon that everything is thrown out. GW's unofficial stance is to pick and choose. Because everyone picks and chooses different things, /tg/ gets rid of everything that isn't a Codex.

Lurk more faggot.
>>
>>50046673
>nobody should care what neckbeard opinions.

I guess we can just throw out all your arguments then, huh?
>>
>>50046685
The Tau settled dozens of systems and recruited hundreds of races into their empire using near-light speed n a period of hundred of years.

Your math is whack.
>>
>>50046673
>So unless you work for GW, you don't get to tell us what canon or not.
The problem is is that GW affiliates often have contradicting fluff so they get ignored.
>>
>>50046728
My opinions if you will but not the facts.

>>50046710
>GW's unofficial stance is to pick and choose

Actually, GW unofficially stance as stated by the employees is that new trumps older materiel whether they be from codexes, novels, or any other source book.

Also /tg/ never agreed on anything don't try to act as rep of anything but yourself.
>>
>>50046730
Yes I'm obviously exaggerating. I think Apha century is 4ish light years away. So unless they were really close you fluff is retarded. Either way my point still stands necrons with out FTL dont work as a faction.

And besides Tau have FTL just not long ranging FTL.Something that apparently necrons werent able to science up kek.
>>
File: Tau Empire Map.jpg (109KB, 736x552px) Image search: [Google]
Tau Empire Map.jpg
109KB, 736x552px
>>50046811
>And besides Tau have FTL just not long ranging FTL.Something that apparently necrons werent able to science up kek.

Not in that period. In the second sphere expansion, the Tau had access to near-light space travel. For hundreds of years, they colonized dozens of systems and even made it to the other side of the Damocles Gulf.

Do you know when the Tau gained FTL? in 997 41K. 3 years before the end of the settings timeline.

Imotrkh doesn't need to slog it to dozens of systems. He just needs to reach a system where he could find a working Dolmen Gate. Considering that he was in the Vidar sector, he didn't need to look far. At most it would have taken him a half a decade to reach the next system.
>>
File: The Necron Menace.png (1MB, 1015x845px) Image search: [Google]
The Necron Menace.png
1MB, 1015x845px
Considering that the Imotekh's dynasty, Sautekh, munched a big chunk of the galaxy in about 218 years more or less, Imotekh managed to find his Dolmens and he put them to good use.

He rules the largest and most powerful of the awakened Necron dynasties.
>>
>>50046893
The Tau didnt invent thier warp skimming 3 years before the end of the setting.

>At most it would have taken him a half a decade to reach the next system.
Lol. So Necrons are completely incapabale of fighting any of the other factions in space then?

Like I said Necrons dont work without FTL.
>>
>>50047031
>The Tau didnt invent thier warp skimming 3 years before the end of the setting.

Yes, they did. Their codexes say so.

1st Expansion they had STL

2nd Expansion they had Near-light

3th expansion they finally gained FTL when they upgraded their engines.

>Lol. So Necrons are completely incapabale of fighting any of the other factions in space then?

If I disable the warp engine of an Imperial ship, does it stop it from being to fight and defend itse;f? No.

Necron ships are the best damn ship in a fleet fight but cannot into FTL making them useless on the grand galactic stage unless you have the Dolmen Gate to get them where they are needed.

>Like I said Necrons dont work without FTL.

And yet they work. Ward be praised.
>>
>>50047107
>And yet they work. Ward be praised.
Im gonna stop because your entire argument is just the lore says so without any thought as to the realities of the situation.

If you cant see how no FTL makes a race irrelevant in a setting with abundant FTL then I'm not going to bother.
>>
File: C'tanNecrowar.png (508KB, 775x465px) Image search: [Google]
C'tanNecrowar.png
508KB, 775x465px
>>50047144
Hold up.

You do know that the weapons that the Necrons used against the V'tan wounded reality and damaged causality. So the laws of physics in the warham universe might not be the same as our universe.
>>
>>50047232
If your not the guy I was talking to I dont follow sorry.

If you were the guy are you trying to tell me that Necrons have the power to break the laws of physics but not the speed of light? Are you that retarded?
>>
>>50047293
Yes, Necrons can break reality. Fixing it or handling the consequences is sometimes beyond them. You know, like FTL
>>
>>50043851
necron science consists of telling physics to stay in the corner and think about what its done, they are likely to have the safest and fastest transport in 40k, limited only by the croissant shape
>>
>>50047232
the fuckin grammar and long unwieldy sentences in this fluff gives me literal cancer
>>
>>50042029
its 40k its not that far fetched to think somebody wrote that somewhere.
>>
>>50043943
oh new whale species
>>
>>50045382
its always the most interesting with 40k because its the sort of thing you kind of have to pick and chose your own canon for theres just to much conflicting stuff.
>>
nids do some weird shit with gravity and moons i think

they are one of the slower travelers technically ftl but everything else is better

does not much matter to them though they just go into a deep sleep to conserve energy
Thread posts: 174
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.