[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pathfinder General /pfg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 330
Thread images: 72

File: 3388106-8767927712-d00.p.png (88KB, 510x438px) Image search: [Google]
3388106-8767927712-d00.p.png
88KB, 510x438px
Pathfinder General /pfg/

>THIS IS IMPORTANT!
If you want build advice make sure to say what 3pp you can use, if any.
>THIS IS IMPORTANT!

What's the most complicated but still functional character you've made?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/JTj1yEmU

Kineticists of Porphyra IV: End of an Era playtest: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XTgiUdDSrTCvATEDeDJ4MnbDgS6KEBLu2e9mjj5fwaw/edit
Broken Shackles Playtest: https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/59701/broken-shackles-test-play

Old thread: >>50025180
>>
File: 1431911115329.png (87KB, 333x282px) Image search: [Google]
1431911115329.png
87KB, 333x282px
I want to play an Artisan/Landsknecht and draw awesome paintings of the party in ~action shots~ and maybe some racy nude portraits if anyone asks.

What class would work best for this? Warder (Zweihander Sentinel) sounds the most obvious, but you lads have been kind of hostile towards that class as of late.
>>
>>50040287
>hostile to the class
only one scrub
>>
Can anyone post the stuff about Crystal Warrior Aegis from Ultimate Psionics?
>>
File: 1476388712320.gif (1MB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
1476388712320.gif
1MB, 500x280px
>>50040287
It's not hostility, it's bullying and it's just how we express our love~
>>
>>50040287
Well, Artisan is INT so that narrows you down to only Harbinger or Warder from the full initiators.
And Landsknekt has a BAB requirement, so it's sensible to go with warder.

Landsknekt benefits a lot from reach, so I see the ideal entry being Aegis 3/Bushi ZweiSent Warder 2 with Student of the Astral Suit.
By level 9 you'll have +10ft reach at all times, along with a bunch of other stuff.
>>
Is there any way to make dual wielded repeating crossbows work without having more than two limbs?

People would usually say alchemist, synthesist or tiefling but I'd like to get it to work without becoming some sort of Shiva like freak.
>>
>>50040428
Juggler bard should work if you can get free action reloads.
>>
>>50040421
>By level 9 you'll have +10ft reach at all times, along with a bunch of other stuff.

But senpai, you *already* get +10ft reach from Landsknecht, no Aegis needed!
>>
>>50040447
No, no.
+10ft reach on top of your normal reach from Aegis and Landsknekt combined.
So with your normal onehanded sword your reach will be 15ft.
If you go pikeman training to onehand a spear, you'll have 20ft default melee reach.
There's probably a stance somewhere that can boost it up to 25, too.
>>
>>50040472
>There's probably a stance somewhere that can boost it up to 25, too.

>Stance of the Thunderbrand
>You gain a +4 dodge bonus to your AC, your reach increases by 5 feet, and opponents you threaten provoke attacks of opportunity with any movement, including 5-foot steps and teleportation.

Question is, how do you explain a swordsman with a spear?
>>
>>50040472
Oh and I forgot Landsknekt is a STR build so you benefit from the Expansion option too.
Get a Skinwalker's Leather or Plate of the Juggernaut to make your Aegis level count as another 2 higher, and then you'll also have permanent Expansion up for +2 str and another reach boost.

Yes this is getting a bit silly but you can do it
>>
>>50040263
You Jojo fags really need to just fuck off already.
You need to stop spamming, especially if you're doing it by forcing your irrelevant images as the OP's of popular generals.
>>
>>50040287

>That spoiler

I need this.
>>
>>50040508
You aren't necesarrily a swordsman as a Landsknekt

Not historically accurate but Landsknekt is already fucked because it focuses on 1-handing shit when they were famous for zweihanders.
>>
>>50040508
Make it a Swordspear
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (194KB, 1902x1060px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
194KB, 1902x1060px
Is there a way to get a swarm of ravens to attack and defend you like the kryll do for raam?
>>
File: 1442190675946.png (84KB, 599x717px) Image search: [Google]
1442190675946.png
84KB, 599x717px
>>50040559
>>50040542

Well, he *is* an Artisan, and that *does* mean a penchant for crafting...
>>
>>50040578
Do it anon, invent Swordspears.
>>
File: AC4U2.jpg (98KB, 462x462px) Image search: [Google]
AC4U2.jpg
98KB, 462x462px
>>50040533

>And here is the portrait of a gorgeous elven heroine, as painted by the famous landsknecht. Many have speculated on the peculiarity of her expression-eyes cast down, face flushed, biting her lip-but the artist has refused to explain in detail, except that "she didn't want the whole party to hear".
>>
>>50040263
>What's the most complicated but still functional character you've made?

I have a soft spot for my Aegis 3/Knight Chandler X, with a vitalist gestalt on the side. Really, most of this would have worked even without the gestalt, though.

>Have to track illumination, animus, random maneuvers, all of which change literally every turn of combat, plus power points too
>Traited into Sleeping Goddess for the style feat
>Every move action I could do one of:
-Move
-Regain psionic focus and a maneuver, bypassing Mystic's random recovery and also changing element for Elemental Flux
-Sheathe a weapon because my strongest strike is Rapid Current but it wasn't worth getting Lightning Swap for
>Most standard actions were for strikes
>Every swift action I could either:
-Take a bonus 5 foot step
-Use a boost
-Manifest Inevitable Strike off the aegis side for +5 attack
-Manifest Hustle for another move action (consult the above list)

>A lot of my strikes and boosts were mobility/reach based (teleports, reflected blade style, death at ten paces, etc) so the choice of maneuvers I used also heavily affected what I did with my move action.

And then, there was the tracking of my magic candle position and sometimes moving around the free astral construct I had because Aegis was Ectopic Artisan, to trigger flanking and Knight-Chandler's 'bonus damage against enemies threatening an ally' ability.

I could spend the entire round after my turn going through options of what I was going to do next. Playing her was such a blast.
>>
So now that I'm thinking about it again, what's some fun things to gestalt with a Sphere Magus? I originally had Hidden Blade/Phantom Thief URogue written down, but that was mostly for meme purpose, and the Stalker (Bushi, Vigilante) looks like it would be better overall.
>>
File: C H E W.jpg (50KB, 800x820px) Image search: [Google]
C H E W.jpg
50KB, 800x820px
>>50040263
>Kineticists of Porphyra IV: End of an Era playtest: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XTgiUdDSrTCvATEDeDJ4MnbDgS6KEBLu2e9mjj5fwaw/edit
>suspended impact
>imbue Kinesis
>implant Blast
>Time Bomb
I'm in love
>>
>>50040791
How about Dervish Defender Warder to bump up your BAB?
>>
>>50040675

Oh you better believe that's what I'm into.
>>
So I'm playing an Eldritch Archer Magus in Kingmaker (everyone is using 1pp).

Was wondering whether I should put a couple levels into fighter for some feats and go a little more martial-oriented with this character.

Other party members are
>Paladin
>Unchained Bandit Knife Master Rogue
>Bladebound Magus
>Cavalier
>Impossible bloodline Sorcerer

I was thinking of putting 5 into Drill Sergeant Fighter, but somehow I get the feeling I have better options that I can't think of.
>>
>>50040791

Are you going for a Dex-based Magus, or strength? You've got a lot of options here, and I'd sooner ask what you had in mind for the character than recommend the mechanically ideal combination.
>>
File: 1461377333281.jpg (52KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
1461377333281.jpg
52KB, 600x338px
Fuck my players are gonna be in costumes tonight and I didn't even remember it's Halloween, let alone get a costume
>>
>>50040894

Shave your entire body and wear some ragged pants.

Congrats you're now a Warboy.
>>
>>50040894
Just tell them your costume is you pretending to be a functioning member of society.
>>
>>50040894
wear a black hood and say you're the dungeon master for some pity laughs
>>
Has a .pdf link for the anniversary edition of Curse dropped yet?
>>
>>50040941
No, stop asking.
>>
Quick question about spheres of power, I'm reading over the wiki and can't find what exactly a "Divine Crusader" is, though it is referenced in two separate instances in the suggested casting traditions. Any insight into that?
>>
>>50040864
My reccomendation is to, if you really want to get some more martial power, just do some minor dipping, such as a 1lvl dip in Fighter or Slayer.

If you really want to go more martially inclined, and since your party already looks powerful enough to let you goof around, then maybe 5 levels in Gunslinger (Musketeer) for some magic gun shenanigans, but thats definately one of the least optomized options

However, it should be noted there is nothing wrong with staying the full way in Eldritch Archer instead, you'll be powerful and competent enough on your own, though my main worry is stepping on the toes of your fellow Magus and Sorcerer in terms of magical damage output.
>>
>>50040855
Wouldn't that conflict with the fact that a magus, even a spheres magus, requires a free hand in order to spellstrike, since you're technically not actually fighting with two weapons?

>>50040880
Considering I was looking at URogue, was gonna stick with Dex for this. It's all just more theorycrafting though, since it's likely I'm never actually going to get to actually use Spheres or PoW anytime soon.

As far as the character attached to the build goes, "sheltered tiefling with far too much free time tries to learn everything he can, then runs away from home to try to become a champion of justice. Does not actually know what that entails."
>>
>>50040916
>>50040928
>>50040932
Quality solutions
>>
File: Dare you.png (297KB, 1102x382px) Image search: [Google]
Dare you.png
297KB, 1102x382px
>>50040894
Buy a yellow coat and matching hat at the costume store real quick
>>
>>50040991

Magus kind of fucks you in the ass on this one, since that's Dex/Int and most righteous classes are Charisma/Wisdom.
>>
>>50040991
Can spheres magus spellstrike at the same time as a martial strike?
If not, why are you considering playing it with an initiator?
>>
>>50040974
I've got gunslinging saved for a different character at the moment. Do appreciate the suggestions though.

As for the other magus, both me and that player had written our characters up as a sort of duo, with my character seeing the other magus as a mentor. I was thinking if having a dip or two both for an extra feat and to play with that idea flavor-wise by falling a bit behind in casting ability. I just wasn't sure if taking a heavier dip would be the right idea.

As for the sorcerer... I'll just leave that big nosed gnome to his money-handling devices.
>>
File: 1430832167169.jpg (150KB, 500x686px) Image search: [Google]
1430832167169.jpg
150KB, 500x686px
Okay, I know we all love talking about Gonzo 2, But is Gonzo 1 any good?
>>
>>50041117
I recall possibly incorrectly reading it wasn't as good.
>>
What philosophies does /pfg/ take when planning gestalts? Do you do the active//passive thing, a build that only works in gestalt or something else? Do you try to get a d10, all saves, full bab, 6+ skills, casting and initiating on top of shared features? I personally never know where to start with gestalts other than tack it on to an otherwise completed build, but that leads to gestalting the same things over and over.
>>
>>50040959
>Divine Crusader
Where are you seeing that?
>>
>>50041148
>What philosophies does /pfg/ take when planning gestalts?
Me, personally, I just pick what seems fun, because chances are, being Gestalt, you're going to be pretty potent no matter what you pick, as long as its not something stupid like Ranger/Fighter or Swashbuckler/ChainedMonk
>>
File: That is in fact the joke.png (76KB, 800x580px) Image search: [Google]
That is in fact the joke.png
76KB, 800x580px
>>50041089
Well yea. He wouldn't have any of the "most righteous classes" on either side, since he doesn't know what he's doing.

>>50041102
>can spheres magus spellstrike at the same time as a martial strike?

No, pretty sure they can't.

>If not, why are you considering playing it with an initiator?
>PoW and gestalt are on the table
>not wanting to get in on having stances, boosts, and counters
>as a class that gets off on swinging a sword

"Muh versatility", I guess?
>>
>>50041176
How do you determine what sounds fun though?
>>
>>50041148
I either start with a concept and try to do something weird, or I look at the class I want to use and try to figure out what would complement it well.
>>
>>50041194

What fits the character concept and is explained by the backstory?
>>
>>50041194
You go to your background, you dig up the grave where you buried your inner child after it got shot in the head, and ask it what it thinks is radical, or what was the last cartoon it watched.

I miss my childhood
>>
>>50041165
Found it. It's a misprint. It's called divine crusader in the chart, but it refers to the divine petitioner tradition.
>>
>>50041223

But anon, it never left. It's a part of you, and always will be.
>>
>>50040472
If you play a Large race you get base 10 ft. reach, which gets doubled with a reach weapon to 20 and then gets all the other bonuses there. With an appropriate stance like you mention you'd have 40 ft. reach.
>>
Say i am a cleric of gorum.

Is it ok to make undead out of the bodies of the wicked and treacherous to keep their souls from being rewarded by their vile gods in the afterlife?
>>
Party bout to head into maelstrom. So that means I have a lot to work with in terms of what will show up encounter wise.

What are cool creatures to have show up in the maelstrom.
>>
>>50041277

>Large party member makes large nude statues of party members
>>
>>50041296
Only if they were wicked by merit of not fighting hard enough
>>
>>50041296
That's some petty shit. Now, I'd argue you could do it on the grounds of depriving the forces of evil of followers, but I'm pretty sure you don't actually rip their soul from the afterlife for that unless it's some specific kind of undead like ghosts.
>>
What do your PCs do for Halloween?
>>
>>50041117
It's not great, but it's alright.
It has the parkour using Punk, that can tag enemies to blind them with magical spray paint. Also works pretty well for being a Dragoon.
It also has an Allahu Ackbar PrC. Explode, reform, explode again.
Finally, it has a class for playing Bugs Bunny, or any other Looney Tunes character. If that doesn't make you kek, you have no sense of humor.
>>
>>50041148
>Do you do the active//passive thing, a build that only works in gestalt or something else?

Both of these are valid options.
Personally what I do is just pick a class I want to play, then think about what gestalts well with it, and then add it on. Lots of bonus points if it gestalts well with something that creates a unique combo that only works in gestalt.

>Do you try to get a d10, all saves, full bab, 6+ skills

That's petty and more restrictive than it's worth.
>>
>>50041455

Is Halloween even a thing in Golarion?
>>
>>50041394
or engaging in false battles, like slaughtering innocent or committing treachery under false flags.
>>
I'm about to GM my very first game! I've got a bit of a noob question though. I often see talk about "keeping the BBEG leveled with the party". I want to do this because I don't know yet how powerful the party will be when they fight him. But how do I make him a threat? Do you give him more HP, some OP abilities, have his level be that of the party +5 or something?
I was hoping to make him a Bard/Warlock kind of deal, as a sort of Faust-parallel. In the worst case scenario where I made him too easy I could then also have his familiar turn into the demon he made a pact with. Anybody got some advice for me?
>>
>>50041496
>That's petty and more restrictive than it's worth.
Do you have a minimum that you shoot for? Possibly like a d8, 2 saves, mid bab, 4+ skills?

I guess the true nature of my first question was "how do you define a 'good' gestalt?"
>>
>>50041544
>I guess the true nature of my first question was "how do you define a 'good' gestalt?"

A good gestalt is a gestalt that faithfully recreates the vision you had for the character while maintaining the character's viability in a group of other gestalts.
>>
>>50041527
Create a BBEG that'd be appropriately difficulty fight for your level 1 PCs.

Every time your party levels up, take some time after the session to level up your BBEG. Repeat until they actually encounter each other. It's quick and simple, just take a quick look to make sure that your bad guy isn't way ahead or way behind the power curve. The CR alogirthm is far from perfect, but it's a good starting point for how powerful enemies "should" be.
>>
File: Jade Regent Book 1.png (74KB, 855x2585px) Image search: [Google]
Jade Regent Book 1.png
74KB, 855x2585px
>>
>>50040577
Yes, it involves a bag of bread and a nearby murder of crows
>>
File: 3203092963023697.jpg (42KB, 641x361px) Image search: [Google]
3203092963023697.jpg
42KB, 641x361px
>>50041455

Well, we've had at least one All Hallow's Eve-style masquerade in our games, but otherwise, there's not any real observance.
>>
>>50041544
>Do you have a minimum that you shoot for? Possibly like a d8, 2 saves, mid bab, 4+ skills?

>d8 HD
Not vital if you never plan to martial or enter melee.
>2 saves
Nice, but not vital either.
>4+INT skills
I'd say vital only because 2+INT skills on any non-int based class is a travesty that shouldn't exist in the first place.

If this is for the level 4 ROTRL gestalt mentioned last thread I know the GM and they said they don't plan to run until at least the new year
>>
>>50041643
It was more that I felt the game brought up this question I have had. I often fall into the trap of trying to get gestalt characters to have EVERYTHING so they'd be good martials, skillmonkeys and have enough utility/buff/battlefield control casting, but it's not only difficult but also not very fun since it feels really limiting in concept. Hence why I was wondering on how to gestalt under a different philosophy
>>
>>50041688
>think of a really dumb concept
>no, dumber than that
>yeah, that dumb
>make a character that can do that without gestalt
>add the gestalt to supercharge the build/make it more effective/efficient
>>
>>50041643
Patpatpat
>>
>>50041148
Depends, if it is for a small (1-3) party trying to play an adventure fitting a large (4-6) party, I go for high versatility, something capable of fighting, doing some skill checks, at least sixth level casting or initiating. Inquisitor, Investigator, Alchemist and Bard are all good picks for this.

For high power games, my group tries to create the most powerful, most focused, optimized monsters we can. Barbarian Alchemist with a dip on Brutal Stalker for MAX STRENGHT, Mesmerist Witch for FUCK YO SAVES EAT HEX, BITCH, that kind of stuff.

For just for fun games, well whatever looks cool or makes for a neat character you can't really do without gestalt. Slayer Alchemist for being a Witcher, Soulknife multiclassed Aegis gestalted with Vizier for Green Lantern. We once did one where everybody focused on roguish type classes to make different Batmen. I still mantain that to make a true Batman you need to gestalt some seven or eight classes gestalted. Everybody getting at least one Monk or monk-like class makes for a good Wuxia game.
>>
File: 1456980924832.gif (47KB, 306x469px) Image search: [Google]
1456980924832.gif
47KB, 306x469px
>>50041643

>Until next year
>>
>>50041688
Gestalt is a nice thing in 1pp because a lot of classes, martials especially, are limited in scope (and casters are /arguably/ limited in adventuring stamina) and so being able to be two classes ends up making you a single well rounded build with a nice but not overwhelming amount of features.

When content like newer DSP stuff joins the mix, this gets weirder, because DSP's design philosophy is rightfully that a class should be able to do that in the first place, and so if you start gestalting them you start getting too many things to do to the extent they fight each other.
(For example, martial maneuvers vs spellstrike)

In that sense I think it's much better in 3pp gestalt to have an active and passive side, where the passive side just complements or fills in gaps in the active class.
I'd say a good deal of the psionic classes make good passive sides because they don't necessitate doing things with your standard action every turn in combat (contrast things like initiators, revised spellburst savant, etc)
>>
>>50041724
Every time I try that, I go through so much back and forth that the the end result feels vastly different from base concept.

Last time it went
Gunsmoke Mystic
Gunsmoke Mystic//Augmented Blade
Mystic//Augmented Blade using bows
Mystic//PsyArm Soulknife
All because pathfinder guns suck ass.
>>
>>50041544
>Possibly like a d8, 2 saves, mid bab, 4+ skills?
In gestalt the only way to NOT have this minimun is to try to not have it. Like Wizard Psychic or Wizard Witch.
>>
>>50041148
>What classes do I like and want to play the most, and what content is available?
>what are some classes with cool features, but I would normally not want to mess with on account of them being kind of shitty?
>does this combination let me pull of a really stupid build that would otherwise never work?
>does this gestalt give me a good will save?

Gestalt is one of the few isntances where I would unironically choose to play a rogue, monk, or fighter, though if Jolly's Vigilante stuff is on the table I might have a few specific builds that would want that instead.
>>
File: cute.png (97KB, 1024x640px) Image search: [Google]
cute.png
97KB, 1024x640px
How strictly do you follow the rules?

I understand that too strict can bore players as you dig through rulebooks, but not strict enough and youre not playing a game anymore. Is there an answer to this, or is it just "follow to the best of your ability and fudge when necessary" ?
>>
>>50041736
So for gestalts that are mostly thought experiments as I can never find/get in campaigns that stick around that even remotely allow gestalt/3pp, should I just build for fun? Honestly there's a lot more questions I should be asking myself if this is the case, like "why do I even play PF?"

>>50041760
Besides the standard options like Aegis and Soulknife, what are some good passive classes for 3pp? And do utility/out of combat/support casters count as passive?
>>
>>50041840
>Besides the standard options like Aegis and Soulknife, what are some good passive classes for 3pp? And do utility/out of combat/support casters count as passive?
All the initiating classes are pretty good passives if you focus on boosts and counters, unless you have lots of abilities relying on swift actions.
>>
File: 1452681426555.png (309KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1452681426555.png
309KB, 960x960px
So, gm for the lewd gestalt RotRL//Jade Regent game here. It was suggested to me that I make a mailing list of sorts, so this is it.

https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/1770733/waiting-room-for-rotrl-slash-slash-jade-regent

Just post in the thread there and I'll add you to the game so you can be notified when the apps are open for the game proper, if you miss the notification.
>>
>>50041840
>Besides the standard options like Aegis and Soulknife, what are some good passive classes for 3pp? And do utility/out of combat/support casters count as passive?

Yeah, fullcasters/manifesters are pretty standard, just use their spells for utility things.

From personal experience vitalist is a nice very passive side that has the hidden bonus of WIS to damage and healing once per round on an attack with a conductive weapon.
In general, classes that give passive augments to your damage can do great here (Dread with a conductive weapon, Kineticist with a conductive ranged weapon, Brutal Disruptor Cryptic in melee, even just Sneak Attack classes)

Some utility heavy classes like Empath Medium, Occultist, high spherecasters, and so on will also go a long way.
>>
>>50040894
get an old set of clothes, run in circles around your house a few minutes while dragging these in the ground, get some car oil, drop it on a paper tissue and put it together along that set of clothes in an amorphous ball you keep shaping on your hands like it was clay.
Finally, take the paper tissue out, and stretch them hard enough until you start hearing the first rips
Congrats, you now look like either an hobo or a retard
>>
>>50041917

>Not Authorized
>>
>>50041917
>>50041945
Whoops, fuck me. Try this one.

https://app.roll20.net/join/1770733/2aujeQ
>>
>>50041574
Alright, sounds reasonable. My main concern is that this is a single guy though. If I create him keeping to the same rules as the players, wouldn't he be very underpowered? If he weren't what's stopping a player from doing the same "build"?
At this point I figure I'd probably give him some extra (free) abilities, a bit more HP and having his level be always three levels above the party's. Is that generally a good course of action, or am I going the wrong way to make this guy challenging?
>>
>>50041979
Yeah, I should have specified. When I mean a reasonable encounter for 1st level PCs, that'd be a 3rd or 4th level NPC with PCs classes. In the same way, a 13th or 14th level NPC is still a challenging fight for your average 10th or 11th level PCs. How experienced are your players?
>>
>>50040954

I disagree! Keep asking anon! It's the only way these assholes will give us what we want.
>>
>>50042033
One is pretty experienced and suspectibly a powergamer. He's told me he'll be a Barbarian or an Alchemist (presumably mutagen-focused). Two have never touched a game like this before, and the last one is reasonably experienced with 3.5. He'll probably take up a role that the party is missing.
>>
File: 1428190838083.png (324KB, 626x686px) Image search: [Google]
1428190838083.png
324KB, 626x686px
>>50041957

You should give us generation rules so we can nerd out and make characters!
>>
>>50041500
I'd imagine the various agrigarian communities and such would have similar harvest festivals.

Also the 30th of Lamashan (October) is supposedly a Lamashtan holoday called Allbirth. No information is goven on said holiday
>>
>>50041840
Harbinger (DSP) is an excellent passive option due to how a lot of it is "add extra movement options, better attacks, harder save DCs", as well as Incanter or Mageknight (DDS) for wanting quick boosts or long-lasting buffs.
>>
>>50041930
>Yeah, fullcasters/manifesters are pretty standard, just use their spells for utility things.
Most fullcasters/manifesters have pretty terrible PASSIVE abilities.
>>
File: 1374931724186.jpg (110KB, 748x720px) Image search: [Google]
1374931724186.jpg
110KB, 748x720px
>>50042118
>No information is given on said holiday

I'm going to assume it's very similar to a harvest festival in that it's a celebration of life and the creation of it.

Needless to say, lots of fucking, alcohol and food.

Dessert is cream pie.
>>
>>50042112
Fine fine, but I didn't want to post those in case people felt like they got locked in months ahead of time or they made characters they would later not be able to play.

Or just make characters and months later not get chosen.
>>
>>50042123
>better attacks, harder save DCs

Those sound pretty active to me.
The DCs also only apply to maneuvers of a discipline it has, so you're not going to be a super caster by having harbinger passive.

The idea of any full initiator being passive is just kinda silly.
>>
>>50042132
So an average Thursday for most Lamashtans?
>>
>>50042127
I think he was addressing my question if they'd be "passive" if you aren't planning on using there abilities in combat and only using the utility/out of combat buffs.
>>
>>50042127
They work because their active abilities can be made into passive abilities: just throw out all combat spells and use their spell list for utility.
That's what I meant.
>>
>>50042134
Anon, please, people are going to make characters months ahead of time even if you DON'T put any chargen rules out there.
>>
>>50042142
I'd say mystic is a pretty passive class, especially K. Chandler.
>>
File: 1432775579654.jpg (22KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1432775579654.jpg
22KB, 480x480px
>>50042134
>but I didn't want to post those in case people felt like they got locked in months ahead of time or they made characters they would later not be able to play.

Anon please, if you said this campaign was running next week you'd still get a hefty number of applications, anyone who makes a character now might very well change the character later.

Plus this gives us all a chance to create characters and figure out adorable lil ole ways to tie one character in with another.
>>
>>50042178
>ywn play in the mage, knight, butler and lord game mentioned here.
>>
>>50042146
>So an average Thursday for most Lamashtans?

Naw man, naw. This isn't your kinky Friday night fuckfest with the missus or your Saturday night binge drinking sessions followed by three hours of browsing e621.

This is family-friendly fucking, like Vegas after the mob got ran out.
>>
>>50042112
>>50042134
>Kind of want to try a Spellburst Savant/Silhouette Psychic Warrior
>Both cool classes I want to play, and WIS synergy
>Such a weird combination that it's bound to have interesting flavor
>But there is just pretty much no way this combo works in battle without one of the sides getting completely invalidated

Two classes fighting for the active position, it would be a mess.
>>
>>50041840
>So for gestalts that are mostly thought experiments as I can never find/get in campaigns that stick around that even remotely allow gestalt/3pp, should I just build for fun?
Yes.
Think of a character you can't buid with normal rules and see what you can do with gestalt. If it's just a thought experiment use other 3pp besides Dreamscarred, see what you can make with them.
>>
>>50042196

Which one do you want to be? If you want to duo or even triple app you need only ask.
>>
File: 1392283698269.jpg (85KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
1392283698269.jpg
85KB, 550x550px
>>50042203

Give us the low-down on this character, we might be able to help you find a replacement class or tell you if it would actually work.
>>
>>50042142
>The idea of any full initiator being passive is just kinda silly.
Bullshit. Warder gets: Full BAB, d12 HD, two good saves, full set of proficiencies, and a number of good passive abilities like aegis and stalwart. Almost all initiators get similar passive abilities. And unlike spells, you can use most of your maneuvers for boosts and counters that don't hinder your normal action economy unless your active class relies heavily on swift or immediate actions.
>>
>>50042220
I don't actually have time for another game, I'm in 2 already and may be starting a 3rd soon.
>>
>>50042203
>Spellburst Savant/Silhouette Psychic Warrior
I thought Psionics weren't allowed.
>>
>>50042172
Well it depends on what you actually plan for it being passive to, since I don't see it working unless your active class is another initiator.

>Animus/illumination build faster when using maneuvers or boosts
>Half of their offensive class abilities only augment strikes, not other attacks

I mean, if you want to throw out everything except glyphs, candle, maybe withstand spell and mystic artifice, sure, but at the end of the day, it's a strike-focused full initiator and you're going to want to use maneuvers with your standard actions.
>>
File: 1427352699354.png (65KB, 285x276px) Image search: [Google]
1427352699354.png
65KB, 285x276px
>>50042257

I'm sorry anon, I'm so sorry.
>>
>>50042248
I have no idea what it would be.
They're just two classes I want to play, except I know enough about how I'd want to play both of them to know it wouldn't work unless I made Savant entirely passive, or made some incredibly strange melee martial/magic blasting switch hitter.
>>
>>50041957
>all these games with good char gen
>it's ERP shit
Well the Wrath One was explicitly just going to be R rated. What's the deal with this one?

One scale from Non-lewd to lewd
>R-rated
>Ecchi JRPG
>Full on H-Game
>Corruption of champions
>>
>>50042275
That is kinda why I wanted to do Mystic/Psyarm War Soul Soulknife. Boosts/counters on Mystic side and Strikes on Soulknife. There's probably a better combo but the only downsides I see with it is low out of combat utility due to low skills/casting, no fort save, low encumbrance and possibly low ac due to only med armor with limited dex investment.
>>
What do you guys do in your downtime without Pathfinder?

This week was canceled because family stuff our GM had on Saturday and Halloween. Next week is cancelled because GM is out of town.
>>
>>50042337

From the sound of things it's going to be the type of game where Shayliss very clearly takes off her clothes, and things go to Private for the encounter. Sooooo maybe Witcher-tier?

If you don't like the ERP you don't have to participate, you know. Good char-gen is good char-gen, regardless of the campaign.
>>
>>50042351
Videogames, Homework, Jerking Off, Reading.

Mostly vidya and jerking it.
>>
>>50042351
>What do you guys do in your downtime without Pathfinder?

Whenever a game is canceled I just go out with friends, or maybe just stay home and jerk off.
>>
>>50042351
You run oneshot games with simple systems for all the players that can make it, obviously.

Board games are also good
>>
>>50042337
Obviously anon it shows that having a taste for ERP and good chargen rules go hand in hand and are both indications of a cultured individual.
>>
>>50042351
Homebrew, biological research, Dark Souls, hiking, camping, surveying the property, reading Wheel of Time, banging my head over how I can't get ideas for my homebrew onto paper, and church work.

You know, just the usual stuff
>>
>>50042442
I don't see Psionic's on the list of allowed material so it can't be that great, but I'm assuming he forgot because it's rare I encounter someone allowing Path of War and Not Psionics.
>>
>>50042379
Our party for next week is dipping down from 4 to 2. (Including GM) So no real chance for a one shot.
>>
>>50042456
>All DSP allowed

It's on the list.
>>
File: 2e0.png_large.png (467KB, 1089x796px) Image search: [Google]
2e0.png_large.png
467KB, 1089x796px
>>50042452
Tell me about your homebrew. Even beyond an outside perspective, voicing your thoughts can give rise to new ones.
>>
>>50042465
Fuck I could a sworn it was just PoW and Spheres. Well that's good.
>>
>>50042485
It was, but it got changed after someone mentioned psionics
>>
>>50040791
>Sphere
A better question is: what do you take after two levels of sphere magus? A lot of the magus' higher level features are less useful with spherecasting - you can take a tradition that isn't affected by armor, and you have other means of boosting your concentration checks like Melee Blaster in the destruction handbook and Armored Caster in the War handbook. After a few levels of sphere magus, you can switch over to something that gives you full casting or full BAB, and then your gestalt class can give you the other.
>>
>>50042508
Oh well I'm not going crazy/illiterate. Great.
>>
>>50042452

How are you liking Jordan's work? I took at swing at the series a while back, but quit about six books in-I just really started to hate the characters.
>>
>>50042452
What sort of biological research are we talking about here?
>>
File: 1475412245588.jpg (60KB, 373x348px) Image search: [Google]
1475412245588.jpg
60KB, 373x348px
>Lewd RotRL
>That guy with the Caim avatar

You're pretty good
>>
File: GGXrdINoEEEHHHH.gif (1MB, 467x490px) Image search: [Google]
GGXrdINoEEEHHHH.gif
1MB, 467x490px
>>50042520
Anon, I've barely dipped my toes into spheres, trying to work out multiclassing, even with help, is a bit further outside of my comfort zone than I was going to venture. I'd hazard a guess that in a gestalt I'd just continue on with one of the fullcaster sphere classes and leave the other side of the gestalt to cover the martial aspects.

I want to try asking the GM if there was some way to adapt the Bladebound/Kensai combo for spheres and go straight down that, were I to ever get to use spheres.
>>
How do I Bard in an all-Bard party? I've never made a Bard before and I want this to work well.

I'm thinking of going for Sound Striker/Magician, but I'm not sure whether or not that's actually a good idea.

I'm also considering Archaeologist to get bonuses that stack with Bardic Performance, but I don't particularly like the idea of only being able to buff myself in a party of people who buff each other.
>>
File: 1449085469030.gif (431KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1449085469030.gif
431KB, 640x360px
I don't know about you guys, but this Halloween theme is pretty gosh darn comfy.

>>50042654

Make your character have a "thing", which Sound Strike and Magician would most certainly be.
>>
File: SAW_03855.jpg (297KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
SAW_03855.jpg
297KB, 640x480px
>>50042481
Been working on a setting, still in the concept phase, and I have most of the ideas in my head. I just can't put it down, and I'm also a tad paralyzed because I want to do more research on the Macedonian Empire for inspiration, but I can't determine what would be the best sources to get info from.

In addition I'm just not a good writer to begin with.

The other homebrew has been some archetypes, but I'm in a rutt because my last archetype was a total flop that I've had to basically scrap.

>>50042547
I'm in 6 or 7. I enjoy the world building and all the different cultures immensely, but the characters aside from Min and the Wise Ones are insufferable. I especially hate the flanderization that they put Nynaeve through, as she was one of the more enjoyable members of the girl's squad. Also I'm pissed that Egwene wasted her chance at solid character building and how nearly all of Rand's former friends still treat him like a damned leper.

I give it a 7/10 so far.

>>50042580
Observing and reporting on various methods of post-fire successional strategies used by plants, mostly in the North American Prairie. Also another project of the validity of using Tripsacum dactyloides (pictured), or perhaps even a Tripsacum-Zea crossbreed, as drought tolerant alternative to common maize corn.
>>
>Other idea for ROTRL: Avowed//Empath Medium for super at will utility and all the Charisma
>Tfw this basically means my PC is a living network node, juggling half a dozen different contracts with greater powers and channeling all of them
>Tfw the metaphysical village bicycle

I didn't want this ;_;
>>
>>50042674
Can't say I know much about ye olde Macedon. Tell me about the archetypes though.
>>
Why do fighters only get 2 skill points?
>>
>>50042737
Because paizo are cunts.
>>
>>50042753
And so was Monte
>>
>>50042737
FIGHTERS BIG STUPID MEAT HEADS! FIGHTERS NOT KNOW SMART STUFF!

I fucking hate playing any character that gets less than 6 a level.
>>
>>50042731
It was the Temporal Trigger for the Gunslinger
If you don't knwo what that one was, good. Suffice to say, after that failed the well dried up, and I haven't made any other archetypes, and instead just listen to my friends talk about using my previous homebrewed stuff.
>>
File: 1453917777120.gif (508KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1453917777120.gif
508KB, 500x281px
>>50042710
>I didn't want this ;_;

Are you sure? It sounds pretty great to me.
>>
>>50042763

WHILE YOU WERE OUT HAVING PREMARITAL SEX, I WAS STUDYING THE SPELLBOOK.
>>
>>50042827
WHILE YOU WASTED YOUR DAYS TRAINING WITH A SWORD IN PURSUIT OF GLORY I CULTIVATED 9TH LEVEL CASTING
>>
>>50042820

Not everyone wants to be constantly used for their body. Some do, but not everyone.
>>
>>50042862

AND NOW THAT THE DUNGEON IS ON FIRE AND THE BARBARIANS ARE AT THE GATE YOU HAVE THE AUDACITY TO ASK ME FOR SPELLS?
>>
File: 1377546797342.jpg (12KB, 251x206px) Image search: [Google]
1377546797342.jpg
12KB, 251x206px
Speaking of the gestalt, how would you guys go about making an Intoner?
>>
>>50042674
>Also another project of the validity of using Tripsacum dactyloides (pictured), or perhaps even a Tripsacum-Zea crossbreed, as drought tolerant alternative to common maize corn.
Sounds good, considering the need for drought resistant crops in the next few decades.
>>
>>50042737
It should be 4 per level. Any non int based charater should have 4 including clerics and sorcerers.
>>
Legacy of Dragons PDF?
>>
>>50042641
Sorry, I didn't mean to overload you.
If you intend to go full magus, there are a couple options:
-Incanter for full casting and a stupid amount of talents
-Sorcerer for full casting and extra spell points
-Fey Adept for full casting and illusions
-Slayer for weapons ability, full BAB, and even more damage
-something from PoW
>>
>>50042936
Yo
>>
>>50042820
But I wanted to be the dedicated almost-yandere in a pair-app who is infatuated and indebted to a cool master or senpai who likes her but always gently refuses her romantic advances because of personal reasons but she still keeps trying to gain their respect ;_;
>>
>>50042959
thanks fampaitachi
>>
File: Drakengard 3.gif (503KB, 648x300px) Image search: [Google]
Drakengard 3.gif
503KB, 648x300px
>>50042922
Spherebard focusing on self buffing/Warlord.
Maybe try to squeeze in a drake companion or something with a few cavalier levels if you want to go full Zero.
>>
File: 1449377778753.gif (582KB, 350x280px) Image search: [Google]
1449377778753.gif
582KB, 350x280px
>>50042969

You're a font of raw otherworldly power granted unto you by beings beyond any of our comprehension, which you use to better yourself, your senpai, and the rest of the group towards whatever goals the campaign expects of you.

>Almost-yandere

That just makes it even better; you're willing to do whatever it takes to become powerful enough to protect your senpai, even if it blisters your soul in the process! Imagine the plot hooks down the road where senpai has to rescue her from an Outer God that came to collect, or he realizes the full scope of just what she's done to help him!

Sacrifice, the word I'm looking for is sacrifice. Look at that combination as the woman making sacrifices to help the one she loves.

Or if you want to make a cool backstory hook, she's connected to all those Elder Gods because her senpai *should* be dead, but as she held his lifeless corpse someone listened to her pleas and offered a deal.
>>
>>50042922
Probably a gestalt of some sort, with a Bard of one side and Warlord on the other, like>>50043022 said.
>>
File: GGXrd Ky Start Small.gif (2MB, 500x268px) Image search: [Google]
GGXrd Ky Start Small.gif
2MB, 500x268px
>>50042942
It's a'ight m8, there's just a lot of shit to take in when all you can do is theorycraft. Incanter's gorrillion magic talents and feats do look pretty appealing, not gonna lie. I'm mostly just not a fan of trying to deal with multiclassing or mixing too many things together, and have a strong attachment to magus, its gimmicks, and its archetypes. Could have sworn someone did a conversion for the archetypes to spheres, but I can't find it to save my life.

Magical Signs is the best drawback.
>>
File: [Loud Sweating].jpg (28KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
[Loud Sweating].jpg
28KB, 480x360px
>>50042922

>mfw DM had us develop our regions a bit before game-start
>mfw I created a special league of otherworldly women who use the power of song to summon forth divine magic without the need of a patron
>mfw I literally called them Intoners, and part of my character's reason for adventuring is an Intoner went rogue and he's trying to hunt her down
>mfw nobody's brought up Drakengard 3 yet
>>
>>50043276
I did one of them, but it was only Eldritch Archer.
>>
>>50042922
Why does everyone masturbate over gestalt anyways? Isn't this game complicated enough?
>>
>>50043371

Gestalt effectively removes the limiters on character concepts.
>>
>>50043387
yea, it effectively removes most limits at all.

Its like people god-modeing in online rp.
>>
>tfw I can't think of a way to actually start the campaign

Allowing the players to completely flesh out their characters before the first session may have been a mistake. They're all so different that I can't think of a reason they would actually team up.
>>
>>50043387
You can accomplish essentially every character concept without gestalt. Which ones can you not?
>>
>>50043428

Tell us about your characters!
>>
>>50043429
Decent Blaster. Especially with Path of War involved.
>>
>>50043429
Competent switch-hitter.
>>
>>50043452
>mfw 9d6+18 fireball at level 6
What is the threshold for a "decent blaster"? because "removing entire cr+3 encounters with one standard action" is bullshit.
>>
>>50041917
>>50041957
Any alignment restrictions? I planned on playing an Anti-paladin + Zealot
>>
>>50043371
>Isn't this game complicated enough?

Not really.

>>50043452
Gambler Kineticist, next
>>
>>50043486
Really?
>>
>>50043486
>magus
>any archer who also takes power attack
>>
>>50043452
>Decent Blaster
Easily accomplished without gestalt.

>>50043486
Switching between ranged and melee? Also easily accomplished with multiple classes.
>>
>>50043492
>Gambler Kineticist, next
Very recent edition to the game still doesn't do that much damage. Being pinholed into one specific class isn't good since the entire fucking point of gestalt is versatility.
>>
>>50043512
what are you even talking about?
>>
>>50043506
>Easily accomplished without gestalt.
Not with Path of War it's not.

And very few things synergize well with blasting. You're essentially a single track character.
>>
>>50043512
No seriously what makes a "competent blaster" because blasters can do enormous amounts of damage relatively easily with normal multiclassing (one level dips). Needing gestalt either means you can't build to save your life or you're just being a cry baby.
>>
File: shapeshifter HB Cover.png (3MB, 1356x848px) Image search: [Google]
shapeshifter HB Cover.png
3MB, 1356x848px
Hey guys, I just got a thing.
Anyone want me to share caps of the thing?
>>
>>50043531
So the concept is "Blaster + Path of War"?

Again, easily accomplished by a Magus with the Martial Training feats.

Or with a Warpath.
>>
>>50043532
t. Someone who hasn't played in a party full of initiators.
>>
>>50043436
Some of the players browse here, so apologies to them if I misinterpret their character.

The party, as it stands, is going to be 8 people (Because I'm a fucking madman, honestly).

It is comprised of
>A Human Phalanx Soldier that has served as a volunteer soldier in his region's special-volunteer force. He detests crimes such as slavery and after learning that the mercenaries that control his region may be engaged in this practice, he has been sent to petition the Queen to handle it.
>A Human Bladebound Magus from a country that is no stranger to necromancy. One of the many sons of that nation's king, he has been sent to the nation that the campaign begins in to gain the support of the Queen.
>A Human Rogue that is from a small border town that wants to see the world.
>A Half-Orc Rogue from one of the small cities in the massive desert, he climbed over the wall between the desert and the campaign's starting point in search of a better life. He has been working hard to avoid large populations of humans as there is a very strong anti-orc sentiment in the entire nation.
>A Human Cavalier that was born into a bandit clan. His clan was eventually wiped out by a group of mysterious knights, and since then, he has served on of the local nobles as a bounty hunter that tracks down criminals and gives them a chance to reform.
>A Human Brawler that comes from a country run by criminals. He has found his way to this land in search of new contacts that his criminal empire can work with.

And the other 2 players haven't given an idea of what their characters are beyond "Ranger who wants a Roc" and "Ifrit Cleric that may be a crazy cultist".
>>
>>50043552
>magus
>warpath which implies either Inquisitor or Warprest
Blaster!=Gish unless you think Archers are blasters too.
>>
>>50043555
So, your problem is "I don't do as much damage, waaagh!"? Because you do better AoE than any initiator does if competently built or by actually just playing a sorcerer.

Unless your concept is "A blasting witch" which can ALSO be done with a one level dip into sorcerer and the right patron/archetype.
>>
Does anyone have the full Path of Iron book, and if so, can you upload it?
>>
>>50043580
>So, your problem is "I don't do as much damage, waaagh!"? Because you do better AoE than any initiator does if competently built or by actually just playing a sorcerer.
Aren't there plenty of initiator builds that can delete loads of enemies very quickly with certain styles/maneuvers?

I remember there being loads of tism about obsidian razor style.
>>
>>50043567
Neither Magus or Warpath require you to fight in melee. Magus has archetypes not to, combining those with martial training means you never have to use melee unless it's path of war and focus on blasting. Magus has a blasting theme'd spell list.

A warpath uses the inquisitor list. Inquisitors can be made into competent blasters and with warpath still use PoW. Same with war priests.
>>
>>50043618
>Neither Magus or Warpath require you to fight in melee. Magus has archetypes not to, combining those with martial training means you never have to use melee unless it's path of war and focus on blasting. Magus has a blasting theme'd spell list.
You're still a gish. Just an archer gish. Not the same thing.
>>
>>50043611
It still vastly falls behind the AoE potential of a blaster.
>>
>>50043452
Spheres Elementalist. NEXT.
>>
How do you play a prepared caster?

I've played sorcerers to great effect, but prepared casters have a smaller magazine and a higher chance that the bullets in it aren't applicable to the situation.

Are there guides on how to prepare your prepared spells depending on the situation?
>>
If you're using the Combat Trick for Quarterstaff Master, can you dual-wield quarterstaffs as double weapons, assuming you've got multi-weapon fighting feats?
>>
>>50043631
Sphere blasting is weak as piss. Everyone knows this already. Even with the destroyers handbook.
>>
File: POW bingo.png (57KB, 910x1107px) Image search: [Google]
POW bingo.png
57KB, 910x1107px
>>
>>50043626
Wait wait. So your issue is "I need to be THE BEST and blasting and THE BEST at PoW".

So really if your concept is "Be at full strength of two classes" then yes being actually two classes is the only way to accomplish that.

A Magus can blast and use PoW by giving up their more gish class features in favor of blasting ones, and then use martial training for PoW abilities.
>>
>>50043489
Not a hard one, although you'll have to justify doing heroic things as an Antipaladin in presumably a heroic party.
>>
>>50043646
Heh.
>>
>>50043652
>when there's that ONE guy who uses PoW in an all-martial campaign because the other players think its OP
>he proceeds to use it to be as OP as possible
>>
>>50043656
>THE BEST at PoW".
No, I'm saying Path of War ore or less invalidates blasting and blasters can't really capitalize on gestalt.
>>
>>50043636
Yes, basically some things to remember:

>prepare generalist spells if at all possible, a slightly weaker bullet that works on everyone is better than a special bullet that works on one guy (who you may not see)
>leave spell slots unprepared to put things in after an unexpected encounter
>you need LOTS of spell slots, this is why spell slots are very important to prepared casters
>>
>>50040928
>playing PF
>functioning memeber of society.
>>
>>50043636
SCROLLS
Also there are several feat chains that allow you to cast some spells semi-spontaneously.

Basically, what you do is use Scrolls and things for situational utility spells, while you use your slots for things that are immediately useful.

Essentially, be Batman
>>
File: ShWRGx.jpg (62KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
ShWRGx.jpg
62KB, 500x375px
>>50043542

>Interior Art: Jacob Blackmon
>>
File: rH8Ny4P.gif (45KB, 50x28px) Image search: [Google]
rH8Ny4P.gif
45KB, 50x28px
Tell me about the characters you're making or want to make!
>>
>>50043684
>>50043689
I guess a bit of it is that I just need to get gud. Do you guys know of any good examples of the scrolls/prepared spells a level 7 cleric would have? The spell list is just so long.
>>
>>50043662
I would in this case be playing a Insinuator, who have the theme of wanting to further their own goals and reasons. I take this to further my own glory in all things as a selfish NE individual. I wish to be famous, feared, respected, and beloved, and am willing to do anything to garner this reputation.

>>50043678
Wait, this argument is about essentially all concepts are accomplish able without gestalt. I really don't know what you're trying to argue now.
>>
>>50043699
After playing We Be Goblins as a Goblin Rogue that wanted nothing more than to be "the sneekiest gobbo dat ever did live!", I want to bring him into a real game.
>>
>>50043662
Antipaladins can do Heroic things. Or things that would be called heroic as long as their interest is in something other than heroics.

Like getting paid. Or becoming famous. Glory. Self-aggrandizement. Proving you're better than someone else.

Easier if you're a Tyrant antipaladin, obviously.

>>50043699
I want to make a character who is an ANT so they can see what that gif is.

Seriously though, antpeople when.
>>
File: 1434924192463.gif (17KB, 16x9px) Image search: [Google]
1434924192463.gif
17KB, 16x9px
>>50043730
>I want to make a character who is an ANT so they can see what that gif is.

Too big for you, anon?
>>
File: Hey kid, wanna yiff.png (372KB, 463x368px) Image search: [Google]
Hey kid, wanna yiff.png
372KB, 463x368px
>>50043698
>>
>>50043720
Depends on your domains, what are your domains?
>>
>>50043730

Antpeople? Like, formians?
>>
>>50043737

Is it just me, or does the "heavy crotch fur to hide the knotted cock" seem a lot more sleazy and disgusting than just "surprisingly smooth with nothing there."
>>
>>50043656
> Magus can blast and use PoW by giving up their more gish class features in favor of blasting ones
What fucking blasting features. Literally every archetype the magus has revolves around melee or archery.
>>50043726
>Wait, this argument is about essentially all concepts are accomplish able without gestalt. I really don't know what you're trying to argue now.
You can't make a blaster in a Path of War gestalt party without essentially making yourself dead weight.
>>
>>50043689
Wait, what feat chains are these?
>>
>>50043742
destruction and glory
>>
File: fc6.png (241KB, 680x536px) Image search: [Google]
fc6.png
241KB, 680x536px
>>50043736
>>
>>50043749
As a massive furry degenerate myself... yeah that's kinda sleazy and disgusting. If you're gonna use that kinda heavy fur, make the entire creature that furry, else it just looks like out of control pubes.
>>
File: GM Fiat.gif (649KB, 288x120px) Image search: [Google]
GM Fiat.gif
649KB, 288x120px
>>50043761
>>
>>50043752
>You can't make a blaster in a Path of War gestalt party without essentially making yourself dead weight.
Yeah, this has nothing to do with the argument because my argument is that essentially any character concept can be accomplished without gestalt. In a gestalt party blasters have severe issues, that's a problem with gestalt that I completely agree with.

I'm arguing that one does not need gestalt to make essentially any character concept.
>>
>>50042351
What I always do, play video games. I don't give a fuck about this game anymore. Four or five games with this group and it's always the god damn same, I'm tired of shit, I want a different system, but no. It's the only god damn thing this GM will run.
>>
>>50043800
So we agree with each other and I just realized I misread your post.

Sorry about that.
>>
>>50043737
Is that werewolf dabbing? Follow up, why do people hire Jacob Blackmon for things other than furry porn? Like he's terrible. He's also terrible. And he's even shitty at furry porn.
>>
>>50043830
It wouldn't be so bad if not for that janky-ass crotch fur.
>>
File: Formian.jpg (89KB, 400x414px) Image search: [Google]
Formian.jpg
89KB, 400x414px
>>50043730
>Seriously though, antpeople when.

I've always wanted to be an antperson that was exiled/lost their colony and had to make due. Never actually developed the concept though, not sure how I could roleplay an ant mindset.
>>
File: Obviously not a fetish picture.jpg (194KB, 962x830px) Image search: [Google]
Obviously not a fetish picture.jpg
194KB, 962x830px
>>50043856
I'm not just talking about that, I mean ALL of his art.
>>
File: Drinking Panzer Grill.jpg (121KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
Drinking Panzer Grill.jpg
121KB, 800x800px
>>50043371
>>50043800
Maybe I want to play a game with only 2 PCs and not be required to play something that fucks action economy in the ass in order to keep up with encounters designed for a party of 5. Maybe me and the other player want to try a ridiculous flavor build but don't want to get fucked by trying to make it functional with a single class track. Maybe I just want to play a big damn hero and fuck balance.

You do not usually "need" gestalt to make any specific concept work, but it makes doing some things much less aggravating. That it also lets you bump up the power of games is a bonus for some people.
>>
File: Capture.png (379KB, 357x480px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
379KB, 357x480px
>>50043830
>>50043749
>>50043789
>>50043856
>>50043737
>>50043698
Thankfully, it seems there are only 2 Blackmon pieces in this book, this one being the second and is surprisingly tame.

>>50043872
I will still never understand the jar of piss
>>
>>50042351
My schedule consists of the following generally:

>8:00am
Wake up
>8:40am
Walk to work, watch episode of anime on phone on way
>9:00am
Work
>1:00pm
Have lunch, watch two episodes of anime
>2:00pm
Work
>4:45pm
Leave work, go to gym
>6:00pm
Leave gym, head home, watch anime episode on way
>6:20pm
Watch episode of western tv show, currently Black Mirror
>7:00pm
Make dinner, eat dinner while watching update of preferred youtubers
>7:30pm
Shitpost or play video games
>9:00pm
Begin writing in novel manuscript
>10:30pm
Finish writing, make night cap, and read
>12:00pm
Go to bed

Once every two weeks I instead go out drinking with co workers. I don't have a game currently but I try and schedule it on weekends to not interrupt this schedule. On weekends I visit family, friends, or go on a date with a girl I have met over a dating app. They normally do not go that well, but I try. I also game on weekends, or do larger projects. I also work on homebrew, which I count as shit posting.

This schedule may become more interrupted soon as I am joining an amateur film group.

Today I took the day off for Halloween to go do errands, like purchase a bicycle.
>>
>>50043886
It bumps some concepts up while making others unplayable and others too good.
>>
>>50043886
Yes I am simply saying the obsession with gestalt /pfg/ has is silly, and sometimes insistence that it is the only functional way to play. I personally feel that in parties larger than 3 (or even at 3), it fucks over the game balance badly enough that the base functionality begins to fall apart (to a point greater than it does in the base game).

It can work, it can even be fun, it just shouldn't be advertised as better or a default.
>>
>>50043276
If you are going Kensai, Symbiat might be worth looking at for Int to AC and movement bonuses, but it doesn't give you full cast or full BAB, so maybe not.

I think I saw some archetype conversions on GitP?

And yes, Magical Signs is good. Arcane bond on a weapon can be great, too.
>>
>>50043923
One nice thing about gestalt is that it's a big power boost to base martials, and less of one to PoW martials due to action economy and how good they are already.
>>
>>50043898
>tfw people like this post on /pfg/
No fuck off, you're not wanted here.
>>
File: shapeshifter HB pg 2-3.png (1MB, 1354x857px) Image search: [Google]
shapeshifter HB pg 2-3.png
1MB, 1354x857px
So, you guys actually want to see Shapeshifiting handbook, or are we just going to keep talking about furry crotches?
>>
>>50043946
well you aren't wanted anywhere are you?
>>
>>50043981

Well, if there's nothing else horrifying lying in wait, sure, let's see what you got.
>>
>>50043981
Oh hey, it's actually out? Neat! Any significant changes from the playtest?
>>
>>50043981
>Beastsoul Monk Monk
>>
>>50043981
Can you show the feats? Want to know if the at-will-shapeshift-to-one-form feat made it through intact.
>>
>>50043946
What are "people like this" even supposed to mean? Is it the fact he has a job or goes on dates? I can't tell.
>>
File: shapeshifter HB pg 4-5.png (2MB, 1351x858px) Image search: [Google]
shapeshifter HB pg 4-5.png
2MB, 1351x858px
>>50043981

>>50043994
Sure will post more when I get home in approx 30 mins

>>50043998
I can't remember much of the playtest.
>>
>>50043830
>>50043856

Furries are willing to throw their money at ANYONE to get their character drawn, it's not just masturbation material for them, it's human interaction.
>>
>>50044010

You should make a vanara. Then you'll have a beastsoul monk monk monkey.
>>
>Only heard bad things about gunslinger
>Friend tells me they're rolling one up for a level 1 game
>Oh boy, well I guess let's see if I can help her salvage this-

>Precise shot mandatory, that takes up first two human feats because Point Blank shot prereq
>"It is a standard action to load each barrel of a one-handed early firearm and a full-round action to load each barrel of a two-handed early firearm."

How... how are level 1 gunslingers expected to live? Are they seriously reloading every other turn?
>>
>>50043872
>>50043888

Formaldehyde isn't even that color, and being so close to such a large amount should have killed the furry.
>>
>>50042959
I know that everyone is talking about furry crotch, but what's with this artwork?
>>
>>50043914
>It bumps some concepts up while making others unplayable and others too good.

Granted, I am not some crazy master builder, but how the fuck can being gestalted make a concept unplayable?

>>50043923
I'm not seeing "it is the only functional way to play", just lots of people very excited for the chance to give it a go.

Kinda disappointed the 2-PC game I'm in didn't run with gestalt. Not even having an animal companion has been able to save me from getting nearly fucked over by dice and action economy.
>>
>>50044051
Get a revulver, nub
>>
File: 1473023189101.jpg (35KB, 412x488px) Image search: [Google]
1473023189101.jpg
35KB, 412x488px
>>50042351
I usually try to write music, but I've been so busy with school and work that I haven't been able to actually do any writing.

It's been a shitty couple of weeks.
>>
File: Fennec-Fox-and-Friend-750x553.jpg (72KB, 750x553px) Image search: [Google]
Fennec-Fox-and-Friend-750x553.jpg
72KB, 750x553px
>>50044146

Sorry to hear that. But hey, nothing says the next few can't be better.
>>
File: 1456362021065.gif (174KB, 538x360px) Image search: [Google]
1456362021065.gif
174KB, 538x360px
Wait, what if Artisan/Alchemist is a better gestalt than Artisan/Warder?
>>
>>50041394
>>50041399
I've decided to go with it. Do I need to do anything than just cast raise dead?
>>
>>50040263
>What's the most complicated but still functional character you've made?
This dismemberer. A bard who went full called shots and spend all of his time chopping off people's extremities, sometimes making the combat a recreation of Monty Python and the Holy Grail's black knight scene
>>
>>50044399
What's an Artisan?
>>
>>50044443

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/3rd-party-classes/drop-dead-studios/the-artisan

The ultimate crafting class that isn't an explicit caster!
>>
>>50044452
What's the best class for making swords?
>>
>>50044472
Psychic Armory
>>
>>50044498
No.
>>
>>50044539
Roil Dancer
>>
>>50044560
What the hell is that?
>>
>>50044575
The initiating kineticist that's specialized in using Kinetic Blade with elemental flux.
>>
>>50044597
No. I mean actually crafting swords. Using Steelforge bonuses and the like, or class-specific things.
>>
>>50044632
Wizard.
>>
>>50044632
what books you got access to?
>>
File: shapeshifter HB pg 6-7.png (2MB, 1353x852px) Image search: [Google]
shapeshifter HB pg 6-7.png
2MB, 1353x852px
>>50044021
Alright, in the comfort of my small house, back to postin. Warning, my home internet is 50 kinds of trash

>>50044016
Sure, I'll get there after I post the classes, but yeah the Tranformation feat is still in
>>
>>50044632
>No. I mean actually crafting swords

I know I was ribbing you
>>
File: shapeshifter HB pg 8-9.png (2MB, 1352x858px) Image search: [Google]
shapeshifter HB pg 8-9.png
2MB, 1352x858px
>>50044715
>Hey kid, wanna yiff?
Also
>furry is most likely the Initiating Archetype
>yfw he switches in Fool's Errand and "locks" your character
>>
>>50044632

The Artisan is probably the best at crafting swords, Artisan that aren't even min-maxed can have as much as +14 to Craft (Weapons) at level 1.
>>
File: shapeshifter HB pg 10-11.png (2MB, 1354x856px) Image search: [Google]
shapeshifter HB pg 10-11.png
2MB, 1354x856px
>>50044760
and the last bits of classes.

As per the last request, I'm skipping Sphere Talents and going straight into feats after this
>>
File: 1477949073941.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1477949073941.webm
3MB, 640x360px
What spell can do this?
>>
>>50044700
All of them.
>>
>>50044882

I think that's an artifact power. Golden Bug of Ubisoft, if I'm not mistaken.
>>
>>50044882
reverse gravity
>>
>>50042351
Contemplate how I went from local celebrity to motiveless shell in the years since high school ended.

It's not healthy, but "the weak endure what they must" and all that.
>>
File: 1456620812569.png (10KB, 320x310px) Image search: [Google]
1456620812569.png
10KB, 320x310px
>>50044945
>Contemplate how I went from local celebrity to motiveless shell in the years since high school ended.

>mfw I'm this, the circumstances are different but I'm this

I've reached the stage where I'd only be upset at dying for how it would hurt my family.
>>
File: shapeshifter HB pg 28-29.png (2MB, 1353x855px) Image search: [Google]
shapeshifter HB pg 28-29.png
2MB, 1353x855px
>>50044806
And now for feats, starting with something for all you SU fags

>>50044882
Aquatic Sorcerer Bloodline Power, combined with Reverse Gravity
>>
File: 1474488050947.jpg (40KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
1474488050947.jpg
40KB, 400x600px
>>50044945
>>50045000
Goddamnit, stop making me think about my life, I came here to stop that. I don't want to feel anything, just shitpost.
Seeing what someone's premature death does to a family only makes everything worse.
>>
Do animal friends act on their owners' turn? Do you rule that way even if the answer is no?
>>
>>50045078

They get their own turns unless they hold their turn until their owner acts.

This is partially the reason why people hate classes with pets, they slog up the game.
>>
File: allstarsuperman_1230.jpg (38KB, 300x562px) Image search: [Google]
allstarsuperman_1230.jpg
38KB, 300x562px
>>50044945
>>50045000
>>50045063
>>
>>50045094
But are we more successful than we think we are
>>
File: tumblr_odiut1iwsO1txanp9o1_1280.jpg (427KB, 1280x1707px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_odiut1iwsO1txanp9o1_1280.jpg
427KB, 1280x1707px
What kind of shinanigans can I do to get faster crafting times? As far as I'm aware you can't really cut down on the cost, but for me the big problem is "when in the hell am I gonna have time to make all this stuff"
>>
>>50045033
>Hybrid Transformation made the jump unscathed.

Yeeeah son. 6 arm, 2 leg spidergirl, here I come.
>>
>>50045128
If you mean fast magic crafting then the possibilities are limitless. If you are talking about crafting mundane items, it's mainly the lovely fact that you can have a weapon/armor/dinner bell for every situation.
>>
File: DMC4 - Red Queen concept art.jpg (561KB, 1980x2815px) Image search: [Google]
DMC4 - Red Queen concept art.jpg
561KB, 1980x2815px
>>50045128
Arcane Builder

>http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/wizard/arcane-discoveries/arcane-discoveries-paizo/arcane-builder

>Benefit: Select one type of magic item (potions, wondrous items, and so on). You create items of this type 25% faster than normal, and gain a +4 bonus on Spellcraft checks (or other checks, as appropriate) to craft items of this type.
>>
File: 1437715994052.png (211KB, 502x628px) Image search: [Google]
1437715994052.png
211KB, 502x628px
>>50045157
>Yeeeah son. 6 arm, 2 leg spidergirl, here I come.

That sounds grotesque.
>>
>>50045094
Tell me, why couldn't I have seen it sooner? I could have prevented it.

At least now I know why I try to keep my character backgrounds as bright and cheery as possible most of the time.
>>
>>50041148
I just try to combine classes that can be justified roleplaying wise while streamlining the crunch as much as possible.
For example, I once played a bardadin of Shelyn, using the knight disciple archetype to avoid having two different spell lists.
Another character was an elven spellsinger combining arcane marauder and zweihander sentinel, wielding an elven curved blade.
>>
>>50045215
Bugger off drider. You're just jealous that someone got manual dexterity and you got 'trouble fitting through doors'
>>
File: 1435548938928.jpg (191KB, 1096x729px) Image search: [Google]
1435548938928.jpg
191KB, 1096x729px
>>50045190
Hard mode: no arcane builder, although I'll keep it in mind. I have a bias against wizards. Not spellcasters: wizards specifically. Pic related.

>>50045161
Do share, it's my first crafting build and I come from a 3.5 background where you can just make an assembly line with a couple spells.
>>
>>50045033
>Companion merger

Quick what's the lewdest companion/familiar you can combine yourself with
>>
>>50045300
Literaly ANY Monster Girl
>>
REMOVE DAWNFLOWER remove dawnflower
you are worst keleshite. you are the keleshite idiot you are the keleshite smell. return to casmoran. to our chelish cousins you may come our contry. you may live in the zoo….ahahahaha ,qadira we will never forgeve you. cetnik rascal FUck but fuck asshole keleshite stink qadira sqhipere shqipare..keleshite genocide best day of my life. take a bath of dead keleshite..ahahahahahQADIRA WE WILL GET YOU!! do not forget grand campaign.albiania we kill the king , osiron return to your precious casmroan….hahahahaha idiot keleshit and qadiran smell so bad..wow i can smell it. REMOVE DAWNFLOWER FROM THE PREMISES. you will get caught. iobearria+aodnran+chelish+ustalav=kill qadira…you will grndcampaign/ aroden alive in taldor, aroden making album of taldor. fast rap aroden taldor. we are rich and have gold now hahahaha ha because of aroden… you are ppoor stink keleshite… you live in a hovel hahahaha, you live in a yurt

aroden alive numbr one #1 in taldor….fuck the chelish,..FUCKk ashol keleshit no good i spit in the mouth eye of ur flag and contry. arod& aliv and real strong wizard kill all the keleshit farm aminal with rap magic now we the taldo rule .ape of the zoo presidant codwin I fukc the great rovagug and lay egg this egg hatch and cheliax wa;s born. stupid baby form the eggn give bak our clay we will crush u lik a skull of pig. taldor greattst countrey
>>
>>50045128
valet familliar
>>
>>50045257

>Bardadin

THE bardadin?
>>
>>50045334

>Keleshit

Why didn't I ever think of this.
>>
I want to gestalt a Bladebound Magus and a Tome Eater Occultist. I'm thinking I'll make him an elf. Possibly go Dex-to-Damage? Any thoughts on that?
>>
>>50045813
>dex to damage
boring as shit.
>>
File: epic samurai.jpg (406KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
epic samurai.jpg
406KB, 1280x1024px
>>50042827
>>50042862
>>50042902
We managed to get some ZS Warders to guard the gate. There are a lot of them out there with nothing to do.

You can go back to your spells. Can you even have children after being exposed to those spell components and chemicals after so many years?
>>
>>50044113
>but how the fuck can being gestalted make a concept unplayable?
The concept isn't helped by gestalt, so suddenly what would be a competent build is now rendered weaker/useless in relation to everyone else and the increased challenge gestalt comes with.
>>
>>50045938

Alchemists are the most fertile non-magical class in the entire system, on account of their ability to brew up powerful fertility treatments or aphrodisiacs.

The only one to top them are Clerics and Oracles, and that's purely due to divine radiation literally blessing their wombs.
>>
>>50040263

does anyone have way of the wicked? I was hoping to run it for some friends, but can't seem to find it. even just the first book would help.
>>
File: alchemist female.jpg (55KB, 365x511px) Image search: [Google]
alchemist female.jpg
55KB, 365x511px
>>50046023
>http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/variant-magic-rules/active-spellcasting-variant-rules
>http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/variant-magic-rules/spellblights

Only because sterility and other problems down there aren't a possible result of a mishap.

For every successful PC Alchemist that never has anything going permanently wrong when rolling a 1, there are a dozen NPC Alchemists or Wizards who end their family line.
>>
>>50046130

Alchemists are a class of extremes, to be sure; either they wind up sterile as a mule, or can pop out twins every year.
>>
>>50046195
Why is the latter one my kink?
>>
>>50046301

Because fertility is probably the hottest, most primal thing there is! It's why men love women with wide hips and a nice, padded ass and women love DILFs.
>>
>>50046350
Dorks I'd like to friend?
>>
>>50045938
I'm a Psionicist and don't you ever talk to me or my cohorts Psicrystal like that ever again.
>>
>>50046385

No, you silly head! Dads I'd like to fuck! It's like MILFs, only with proven virility and financial security! Throw in Widower and you've got yourself a keeper!
>>
Merry spooksgiving. What's your favourite [fear] effect, /pfg/?
>>
>>50046552
Marriage. Definately Definately Marriage.
>>
Do loving monster girls fall under lamashtu or sheyln.
>>
>>50046582

Definitely Shelyn, Lamashtu is just about breeding with the monster-girls.
>>
guys, I'm sending a level ten wizard into a dungeon alone with the goal of sneaking past traps and setting up my own for a final confrontation against an evil party that will be coming in after me. I have an amulet of detect traps, but what spells will help me get through without using too many spell slots?

I'm svaing my level 4 spells for enervation, and one cast of greater invisibility. Knocking the entire party down 2 levels on average will make the fight much easier.
>>
>>50045033

I hate my internet connection immensely. feels like i've been trying to post the next page for the last 2 hours now

screw it, someone else buy and post this book, my internet isn't cooperating at all.
>>
File: GoblinBatfaces.jpg (83KB, 1006x795px) Image search: [Google]
GoblinBatfaces.jpg
83KB, 1006x795px
being as its spoopy harroween day. How bout bat themed goblins
>>
File: GoblinBatcharacters.jpg (642KB, 1532x1872px) Image search: [Google]
GoblinBatcharacters.jpg
642KB, 1532x1872px
>>50046769
SPOOPY BAT FACES.
>>
New thread where?
>>
>>50046769
>>50046793

Aw, cute.
>>
File: Harvest Moon (jjnaas).jpg (77KB, 800x477px) Image search: [Google]
Harvest Moon (jjnaas).jpg
77KB, 800x477px
>>50046834
I'm scared.
>>
New thread:
>>50046904
>>50046904
>>50046904
>>50046904
>>50046904
Thread posts: 330
Thread images: 72

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.