[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lots of jokes are made about gender changing magic, but has anyone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 317
Thread images: 38

File: 17.png (301KB, 284x991px) Image search: [Google]
17.png
301KB, 284x991px
Lots of jokes are made about gender changing magic, but has anyone actually seen it in a real game they have played?
>>
>>50034138
Only once. One of the players had came out and started transition in the middle of a campaign that spanned a few years. The GM asked him if he wanted to change his character to a dude or if he maybe always wanted the character to be a dude in the first but just didn't feel comfortable with because he still presented as a woman when the campaign started. So yeah, what we reached at was the party wizard getting a magic transition potion instead of retconing anything.
>>
>>50034212
*first place
>>
I'm in a campaign where I'm playing a genderswapped faelock, mostly played for comedy. The whole thing was a result of fae tricksome mischief and is a constant source of amusement for the rest of the party- Possibly because he was never particularly masculine in the first place.
>>
File: 1411949410938.jpg (179KB, 756x802px) Image search: [Google]
1411949410938.jpg
179KB, 756x802px
>>50034138
I ran a supers campaign once where one of the PCs was a 40ish guy that could transform into a 16ish magical girl.

When offered a free chance, in character, to shuffle his abilities around in a way that would let him be a young man with magical powers, he opted to become a full time magical girl.

Which boggled my fucking mind, because the player made a big deal once about wanting the character to spend more time as a guy. Then why did he bring a character to the game that only had useful abilities as their alter ego?!

As for the standard sex changing girdle or the like, no, never come up.
>>
>>50034138
I've had a character get body-swapped, but both characters involved were human males so it wasn't quite as weird.
>>
Back in 2e, we had a dm that would leave magic items that changed gender in treasure because we had player who went up and would put them on without testing them out or giving them a once over.
>>
>>50034138
Well there's the old story of Tiresias.
>>
>>50034287
This is the traditional usage of the Girdle of Gender Change.
>>
Only time was in one game where two characters changed genders.

One was a DMPC shapeshifter who would frequently change genders to the point where no one was really surprised anymore.

Other was my PC, who was basically an intelligent genderless robot who constructed genitals of both sexes for himself that was used a few times, citing it as a learning experience.
>>
>>50034138
>but has anyone actually seen it in a real game they have played

Absolutely. It's half the reason I play.

Diagnosed with Gender identity disorder from two different shrinks back in 1987-88, and had it more or less beaten into submission (literally, not figuratively) by parents until I was in my late 20s, married, with a kid, and far too late to do anything meaningful about it (and I'd NEVER do something to deprive my kid of his dad; it's not about my happiness, but his). Getting to "transition" in my RPGs is often my sole happy time during the week. Of course, I play with a bunch of right-wingers, so I can't just play a girl in the first place, but when this stuff gets thrown into the game to make someone uncomfortable as a joke, I try hard to make sure it happens to me.

>It's not even about magical realming. It's about portraying somebody who gets to live part of a life I should have but won't/cant. Having to deal with that difference in character just makes me happy, not hard.
>>
>>50034858
>I play with a bunch of right-wingers, so I can't just play a girl in the first place
Why not?
>>
>>50034138
Happend one time on a roll20 game guy played a Johnny Bravo type bard whose shtick was he would constantly flirt expecting to get rejected. And if not he would just puss out and come out with some excuse why he could not perform.

Was kinda funny but i guess the dm got annoyed or something and had some witch turn him into a chick. we all kinda just laughed it off including the bard. But then many sessions later the bard used stuff like remove curse, break enchantment which cost him quite a bit out of character wealth but they didn't work.

Eventually the DM told him he needed a Wish to reverse the change. We were level 7 so it was gonna be long time before he got something like that so the player just retired his character. DM kinda tried to convince him to stay with the character, Bard told us the DM planned it out, it was supposed to be some character arc that would end with him turning back into a guy or staying as a girl at the end of the game his choice. Bard guy didn't like it so he just rerolled a more serious Fighter. There was some salt after that and after a few more arguments game broke up, still it lasted for like half a year.
>>
Our group hasn't had any true genderswapping, but my character used magic to appear as a woman to "seduce" a dwarf into giving our group gunpowder to clear a blocked path that nobody wanted cleared but us. Eventually used the same disguise to lure him into a trap where some (pixies? dryads? I forget) took him in for eternal pleasure. They needed someone, and our DM thought that was a good solution to the puzzle, and one he hadn't thought of. Half-expected us to attack them.
>>
>>50034899
I ran into the same kind of issues with the crew I ran with a while back. It's kinda hard finding a group that won't give you a massive pile of shit because of who you are. Well, it's hard when your usual group of friends won't play trpgs.
>>
>>50034858
>I'd NEVER do something to deprive my kid of his dad; it's not about my happiness, but his
God tier parent. Literally.

I'd recommend you look for another group, though, one that's at very LEAST open to the idea of a player playing a character of the opposite sex. You don't have to leave your current group; just see if you can find another group on Roll20 or something so you can get your identity struggles out of your system. Roleplay really does help with that kind of thing; try to find a place where you can easily use it for those purposes.
>>
>>50034138
Haven't encountered it yet but if it happened to one of my current PCs I don't think they would mind much. One is a Zapp Brannigan expy who is focusing on building a mercantile empire another is a mutant psyker in a 40k game and my D&D character is a slightly grumpy svirfneblin druid who could probably change back.

None of them strike me as too concerned with their gender except perhaps the first one...
>>
File: 1433738744923.jpg (127KB, 1228x736px) Image search: [Google]
1433738744923.jpg
127KB, 1228x736px
>>50034858
Who needs a dad when they have two moms?
>>
I have never seen it happen in a real game that wasn't low-key part of somebody's magical realm.

It should be noted there's a distinction between someone with gender dysphoria and legitimate medical/psych issues, and those that just get a charge out of it. Either because they have a weird perception of what "being" the opposite gender really is and means, or because they want to become martyrs to their own enjoyment of being queer.

And not only do they want to enjoy it, they want you to interact with it. They want to rub it right up in your face and make you play along with it.

I've had players try and work mpreg into my games, I've had players try and work gender-transformer-falling-in-love-with-other-PCs into my games. More often than not, it's a bunch of self-righteous white girls whom are unhealthily obsessed with the sexualities of gender transformd people, or creepy boys that think becoming a girl means they get to be entitled little moe shits.

In general I think it's inappropriate magical realm territory, and I don't even tolerate it anymore. I'm playing games to raid dungeons and have fun stories to tell, not be present as Sir TuCute gets to have us all play audience to The Orky Horror Picture Show and act like it's you who has the problem when they "wink sexily" at you and you grimace at the table. I'm not here so Sue E. Hamplanet can make Yaoi Dad and Uke Junior into characters that mine talk to and interact with with their incestual relationship a fucking plot line.

It's like, holy shit dude. Would you try this magical realm shit at a 40K game by revealing your commisar is a girl in boys clothing during battle for no fucking reason? No. Because it'd stop gameplay. So you try and choose a medium that may tolerate your shit for "narrative" purposes.
>>
>>50034858
;_;7
I'd let you play a girl and give your character the most wonderful dresses you could ever concieve.
>>
>>50034138
I've seen this many times, and there is only one rule to know about this type of magic.

-4 str
>>
>>50034858
You'd be welcome in my group, anon. Gay, trans, crossdressers, we've got them all and are good natured about it. Nobody cares what's in your pants or what you're playing, just so long as you don't fuck over the party.
>>
>>50034995
>as Sir TuCute gets to have us all play audience to The Orky Horror Picture Show and act like it's you who has the problem when they "wink sexily" at you and you grimace at the table. I'm not here so Sue E. Hamplanet can make Yaoi Dad and Uke Junior into characters that mine talk to and interact with with their incestual relationship a fucking plot line.

okay man but you gotta admit that those sound fucking funny to witniss.
>>
>>50034138

Changed gender via powers to disguise ourselves entering a city. Random gender, random hair height ethnicity etc. Got undone once we left.
>>
>>50034231
source?
>>
>>50034858
I guess RPG really are escapism.
>>
File: kumagawa.jpg (147KB, 800x1143px) Image search: [Google]
kumagawa.jpg
147KB, 800x1143px
>>50035185
Medaka Box

Character is just a loli, not a genderbending
>>
File: 12348523_16951.jpg (130KB, 720x1034px)
12348523_16951.jpg
130KB, 720x1034px
>>
Yes, we had two guys who had a bromance kinda going on, one of them gets buttfucked (methaporically) by a magical entity that grants him powers in exchange that he has to BE basically a silver age perfect superhero (CG kind of hero) while doing it (he's a LE dhampir), eventually the other guy decides to stick his face in a magical hat that gets rooted on his face, so to save his ass we end up getting help from a pervy wizard that changes him into a girl, which is a big no-no for everyone ic (ooc we're laughing) specially the dhampir because he don't fuck with magic like that.
>>
>>50034138
Ya one time we used it to help sneak out of a city we where wanted in
>>
>>50035315

Sauce?

Google gives engineering documents.
>>
>>50034138
rule # 1 you never try on a belt without identifying it first..
>>
>>50035668
Chichi ga Loli na Mono de, or My Father is a Loli. It's actually really terrible, with tired jokes throughout.
>>
>>50034231

Don't you mean a 16ish year old girl that could turn into a 40 year old man, like a more awkward Shasam?
>>
>>50034310

>please select your preferred penis or penises from the bucket
>>
>>50035060
>>50035084
Don't you try to hide it, you live with your shame
>>
happened to my character, a Lizardman sent on diplomatic work to a major trade hub that go side tracked by quest stuff. While inspecting the bed chambers of a ruined city we found a few potions of gender change, as my character was a fighter/barbarian he had no clue what they were, the Alchemist and Wizard both identified and decided not to inform me, they told me they were potions of cure light wounds, discolored by time but still good.

I ended up quaffing it while fighting a pare of necromancer bards, was a rather humiliating time and I ended up having to send a letter to my wife and kids about it, have yet to receive a reply on the matter, my character did change but more the result of me trying to be presentable in foreign nations and being the only character with common sense.

The Closest call happened when I was nearly enthralled by a guy who was using a potion that basically does what Axe claims to do, Our Cleric was there to get me to resist. the DM says he may be ending the Campaign soon, so I'm not sure how I intend to conclude the character, internalize it and pick a new name at last, or seek a cure once the other pressing matters are handled.
>>
>>50034858
I've personally have had something akin to gender identity disorder, I think (can't get it diagnosed cause I'm a poor boy), so I feel you. Luckily, my group is full of young guys who don't care. One will always joke that for every game I'll roll up a female character. It's not every time thst I do this, but I'm happiest playing a female character.
I hope you find a group that lets you play as a female. I can honestly say, it's very liberating.
>>
>>50034138

The one time I've seen it played was against my own character actually, a Father who was on search for his three children. A pair of twins was genderswapped in an effort to fool my investigations, mainly by someone's whose coffee I pissed in.
>>
Only once. The DM decided to run our group through the Tomb of Horrors. I was playing a Wood Elf Ranger.I'm pretty sure one of the players at our table had played it before; seeing how said person wouldn't go into a certain room, and decided to push my happy ass inside to investigate it. Some justice came of it right after they stopped the now evil, and now female wood elf from turning them into pin cushions.

The player that pushed me was sucked into a portal leading to the Elemental Plane of Fire. I was later teleported outside of the the dungeon; stripped of my items, and clothes.
>>
>>50034212
>playing a self-insert
Why
>>
>>50036560
Not him, but my first group pretty much assumed "you are your character" unless explicitly and emphatically stated otherwise.

But it was a pretty bog standard dungeon crawl sort of group, with the only characterization being occasional banter at best.
>>
>>50036589
Sounds like a horrible experience.
>ok, so we are two fighters, a rogue and a bard. Everyone has between 9 and 12 int and no one has over 9 cha. All are humans.
>fine, fine, you are short and you do have a beard. You can play a dwarf.
>and you, you are kind of fat so I'll give you a -2 con penalty
>what do you mean "spells"? Do you know magic IRL?
>no I won't let you roll for initiative. Sorry but you are slow as fuck
>Sandra? Yeah you get a -4 to str
>let's play, everyone!
>>
>>50034138
>D&D
no
>Exalted
Used allll the time as disguise component.
When you're widely known as a gang of troublemaking amazons, being a troupe of unimposing guys works wonders for stealth.
>>
>>50036673
>This shit again.
Are you actually autistic? I don't want to insult you if you've got a legit disorder.
>>
>>50036719
I think maybe you are the autistic one right now
>>
>>50036738
You're the one making ridiculous assumptions based off one sentence.
>>
>>50036560
Not really.

He played off his character as a lot more awkward, paranoid, and introverted than he is in real life. Hell, the wizard was gay and he's straight. Even his accent changed when he was playing his character.
>>
>>50036753
Ohh. That's cool then
>>
>>50036750
>obvious joke about fa/tg/uys
>ugh anon you are so autist I will insult you
But apart from that then. How would you say it would be, if people played actual self-inserts?
>>
Have used it couple times, most recently in a postmission debriefing.
>fairly comedic fantasy merc game
>pcs get a mission to save a princess from a dragon that captured her
>turns out that the dragon and princess had had a secret relationship for years and were now planning to do a dissappearement trick due to princess' parents' plans to marry her off
>pcs agree to cover their shit up in return of getting paid handsomely
>murder a peasant girl that sorta looked like the princess and burnt off parts her corpse and then presented her to the royal family and claimed that the dragon had slain her in jealous rage
>in postmission briefing off handedly mentioned that the family had paid a warlock of questionable reputation to turn their 3rd son into a girl and married him/her off in the place of the princess that the party had been hired to get back
>>
>>50036817
thats probably a better life than most noble 3rd sons get
>>
>>50036786
>obvious joke
It's 4chan. I've long since learned to assume that, yes, some people are retarded enough to actually believe that shit.

As for actual self-inserts: LARPing, but with less painfully bad attempts at accents.
>>
>>50034138
About a year and a half ago I ran a pathfinder game for a university group. I caught one of the players with a belt of gender change since it was a lighthearted campaign.

Player went on to write an exaggerated version of it on a tumblr page for dnd stories.
http://dndstories.tumblr.com/post/131635907719/an-unexpected-lesson-in-gender-studies
>>
>>50036987
>Player went on to write an exaggerated version of it on a tumblr page for dnd stories.
Oh wow
>>
>>50036987
for a tumblr punchline, thats actually giggleworthy
>>
>>50037002
Other stories from the same game
http://dndstories.tumblr.com/post/131897822411/yo-let-me-put-some-lesbian-twilight-in-your-dd

http://dndstories.tumblr.com/post/138810120615/let-me-put-a-little-lesbian-twilight-in-your-dd
>>
>>50034899
>I can't just play a girl in the first place
>Why not?

Not him but:

>>50034858
>had it more or less beaten into submission (literally, not figuratively) by parents until I was in my late 20s

That doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who's looking for a group in the SF Bay Area.
>>
A character of mine had a Belt of Sex Shift magic item tattooed onto him when he was a baby by his evil father under the influence of either a bunch of worms in a psychic collective or an ancient evil hag. The game ended before I found out.
>>
I've never played a character that did a permanent shift from one gender to another, but I've played more than one shape-shifter.
>>
>>50034858
>and I'd NEVER do something to deprive my kid of his dad; it's not about my happiness, but his
just make sure you're not hurting both of you in the process, kids are more perceptive about this shit than you think.
don't just assume he wants a dad (with possibly visible resentment) more than a mentally healthy parent
>>
>>50037100
>mentally healthy
>man who wishes to be the little girl
Think before posting or someone else will think after you post
>>
>>50037113
>Think before posting or someone else will think after you post

dont pretend you dont know what he meant faggot
>>
>>50034858
I'm gonna throw in another advice to find a second group. Even struggles of online play are easier than what you're dealing with.
>>
File: 1472228973881.jpg (874KB, 800x1055px) Image search: [Google]
1472228973881.jpg
874KB, 800x1055px
There was a guy on /tg/ once who told us about his campaign where he was planning to have the original PCs all return as girls and hit on the players new characters.

I really wonder what happened with that.
>>
>>50037116
The guy is a good father and he knows that wanting to be something you're not is a little bit crazy but thinking that you become something else by chopping off your dick is a lot crazy.
>>
File: Cheaters (8).jpg (32KB, 800x514px) Image search: [Google]
Cheaters (8).jpg
32KB, 800x514px
How do you feel about guises of the thespian?
>>
I've been playing and DMing for 15 years, and I've never had it come up. Possibly because I mostly play sci fi and wargames, which are more of a white male thing.
>>
>>50036880
Guess that it depends on how you feel about going from one that gives the D every night to one that gets the D every night.
>>
Played in an evil campaign where one PC was sired by a shapeshifted succubus (before incubi got their own stats), and was always very androgynous. Basically a trap/drag queen blackguard enhanced with magic items.

And then we raided a girls correctional school to ransom a few back to their parents. One had a father that refused, because the girl was actually his youngest son and such a failure at the fathers ideals that he tricked the kid into a belt of gender change so he could hopefully be usefull for political marriage instead. Said son/daughter was not happy about this.
>>
>>50034858

Ha, we had a guy who always did this at the table, too. I've been running RPGs since secondary school, and this was a Junior College group. He was a weird, creepy fucker, but every time he played a female character, the other boys would mock him relentlessly for being an 'aqua' (i.e. effeminate).

He eventually had a nervous breakdown, and he's still committed. I'm glad I didn't enable him, because there was clearly a lot that was wrong with him. (Sodomy's a crime in my country, so he's fortunate he didn't actually act like a homosexual.)
>>
>>50037686
I'm having a bit of culture shock right now.
>>
>>50037991

Ah, I forgot to mention: I'm Chinese, and in South-East Asia. In most of the region, homosexuality is an enormous social crime.
>>
>>50037430
If it's between that and opening both wrists...
>>
>>50038018
Better get the son a guide so that he'll know to go down the street, not across the road.
>>
>>50038003
Oh no, I got it. It's just funny to see that. I'll be glad when all these old folks will be dead though.
>>
>>50038033
It really hasn't been that long since the times when being a faggot was classified as a crime/being mentally ill in the west.
>>
>>50038033

It doesn't really matter. The young stand ready to continue their legacy. And so it shall be. At least in our country, these damaged people still have the capacity to feel shame for what they are.
>>
>>50038046
>these damaged people
I have to agree
These poor people have the worst defect there is
they're asians
>>
I once played very androgynous social infiltrator adept in Shadowrun. She practically skirted on a thin line that separates men and women. Thanks to her adept powers she could change her face and voice to be suitable to most situations.

Her father was a sarariman for Mitsuhama in Seattle. He got married to local woman so she is Half-Japanese elf. Due to corp shenanigans her father got fired and lost his own and his families SINs and they had to move to Puyallup. There as seven years old girl she learned to not trust anybody. Being a latent adept and quite beautiful young girl is not a great combination.

As a young adult she used her charisma (and bioengineered pheromones) to get in all kinds of parties, galas etc. Places where middle class or richer people go. She would leech off both women and men who she managed to approach. Really not the most glamorous life, but a life that would support her and her family.

She got into shadowrunning in a bit off a accident. As she was in a local Stuffer Shack buying food a frantic woman with a child ran in and minute later group of armed thugs after her. (Food Fight!) As thugs were dispatched by middle-class looking dwarf, gigantic troll and apparently a shaman of some sort she took care off the girl.

That is sadly practically what we got to play. The group kinda died after GM had to do IRL stuff a lot and couldn't run. Still she is there as a reusable character.
>>
>>50038046
Shame for what? You don't work towards being gay. It's not an accomplishment, but it's not a mistake either. Gay Pride is a stupid phrase, but shaming them for what they are, instead of who, is equally retarded.
>>
>>50036673

You should consider looking up what "character" can mean, beyond RPGs.

Or go to a fucking murder mystery dinner or some shit.
>>
>>50038336
>Gay Pride is a stupid phrase, but shaming them for what they are, instead of who, is equally retarded.

That's actually why Gay Pride has become the thing it is, you know.

The idea behind Gay Pride is to be proud of what you are, it's not so much a circlejerk as it is an expression of how homosexuality is not some shameful, dark thing you need to hide.

Of course, the thing you can argue now is Gay Pride has left the purview of empowerment and embedded itself in culture; in places where homosexuality is normalized, it will continue to be celebrated because the parade of last year was a commercial hit and the parade of this year stands to do the same.

This holds true for any sort of Pride movement, and it is why "white pride" or "straight pride" movements never attract crowds or rapidly devolve into the hatred of other colors; because for all the bluster, straight, white people simply don't have decades of internalized oppression (soft or hard) they need to release in a cathartic display of expressing themselves.
>>
>>50038046
>At least in our country, these damaged people still have the capacity to feel shame for what they are.

>At least in our country, some people feel bad for no good reason
>And I like it

Anon there is a name for people like you and it is not a nice name.
>>
File: image.jpg (140KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
140KB, 640x960px
>>50035185
> *clicks search image on google*
>>
once a mishevious demon got its kicks out of turning women into men.
As in turning your wife into a man while you both slept.
>>
>>50034138
No.

As GM, I dont think i could present my magical realm reasonably in reasonable entertaining way.

As player, i didnt met it, but i would certainly enjoyed excuse to play other-gendered character.
>>
>>50038529

Asian?
>>
>>50038336

For being born abnormal, obviously. If you're born with a sexual attraction to animals or children, don't you feel ashamed of yourself? Like, you know there's something wrong with you, and that what you are is disgusting.
>>
>>50034138
Once. It was Tomb of Horrors. The character in question was previously a male half-orc paladin.

Coincidentally he>she ALSO failed the save against alignment. So he went from a male Lawful Good paladin to a female Chaotic Evil Blackguard basically instantly.
>>
>>50034138
I played an Eberron-style changeling once who didn't particularly care if S/he was in male or female form, though s/he was "naturally" female.
>>
>>50038758
>For being born abnormal, obviously. If you're born with a sexual attraction to animals or children, don't you feel ashamed of yourself? Like, you know there's something wrong with you, and that what you are is disgusting.

If people are shaming you for stealing, you can stop stealing.

If people are shaming you for lying, you can stop lying.

If people are shaming you for writing racist stuff, you can stop writing racist stuff.

If people are shaming you for being weird you can...? Not do fucking anything about it, the shame has no purpose.

If you shame somebody for something they cannot change, you are hurting people for no good reason. I am not against hurting people where there is a reason, e.g. sending a man to prison for stealing, because that has a purpose - making people steal less. But you cannot hurt people so much they stop being weird.
>>
>>50034138
Once, we got a deck of many things and the ratman turned into a ratwoman. Player took it great and rolled with it for the entire campaign, character's mentality changed a bit and the player was generally awesome.
>>
>>50034138
Unless I think it would really trigger a player, I add a gender coinflip to the reincarnation spell. I think it is kinda silly that it shuffles up DNA to roll a new race but not a new sex. I mean, I understand the decision in that it could make a lot of players uncomfortable, but it wouldn't really bother my group so I add that extra bit of randomization.
>>
>>50039059

Weirdness can be corrected though, I used to be weird as hell until I realized it was ostracizing me, and joining "those" subcultures was just horrifying.
>>
>>50039203
Dont worry china, soon your industrial revolution will be over and you can start the era of fucking each other in the ass
>>
>>50038383
I think it's an inherently stupid phrase, but it's a relatively succinct way to describe the concept of "it's okay to be gay", so on that ground, I don't really mind it, because I don't know of a better alternative off-hand.

>>50038758
Lots of things are 'abnormal', like being left handed, or being color blind. That doesn't make it unnatural, or 'wrong and disgusting'.

Call them damaged or whatever other derogatory term to equate them to sub-humans, I don't care. But calling it shameful is stupid.

What about people with downs? Are they also disgusting abnormal beings that should be ashamed of who they are?
>>
>>50039536
>What about people with downs? Are they also disgusting abnormal beings that should be ashamed of who they are?
Many (non-/pol/, or at least /leftypol/!) people think they should be aborted and put out of their misery before they are born.
>>
Yes. I once played in a game where magic was a lot less standard fireball shit and more freaky deaky reality-bending, so I wound up changing people's genders more than a few time.

You might not think much of it. It's not like getting zapped by a lightning bolt and taking hit point damage. But imagine, if you will, you're a medieval soldier, and you're charging into battle, and some old robed wizened fuck swings orbs of light around and then boom you ain't got no dick. You might be battle hardened, and you might have been through a ton of crazy shit, but you ain't never been woman'd before.

I dunno, I had fun playing it. It felt like magic did so much in that game and yet I never felt like I was soloing shit. Sure, I'd change soldiers into women and they'd be confused and fucked up and distracted but it'd be my party and me killing them off.
>>
>>50039536

>What about people with downs? Are they also disgusting abnormal beings that should be ashamed of who they are?

It's pointless, they have no capacity to feel shame. They should be aborted, however, because their existence is suffering.

Unless you're this cunt.

> https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2016/oct/01/do-we-really-want-a-world-without-downs-syndrome-ds-prenatal-test
>>
>>50039941
Oh, so you basically belive in what the Nazis belived

All opinions discarded
>>
>>50039203
Assuming you're chinkanon from before, this shit right here is why everybody hates china.
>>
Twice I can recall, once the BBEG was leading not a woman-friendly force, we gender changed him and his followers lost respect for him. He actually ended up repenting and asking to come with us after that since we were the only ones who treated him with respect still.

Other time, a bit weirder but there was like a prophecy that a PC descendant of a great hero and possessing fated blood, would have her womb cursed and forced to bear only demons I think it was, or at the very least very evil fated kids. So we turned her into a guy which outright voided the curse since her uterus up and vanished.
>>
>>50039985
I thought everyone hated china because they were subhumans piggybacking on western culture while simultaneously ruining every single antibiotic we have, flinging the world into a medical dark age?
>>
>>50040020
Honestly it can be all gathered together under a label of "being fucking evil and shortsighted".
>>
>>50039980

What the fuck?

If you were born with no immune system or you were born retarded, it would be better if you were aborted. Your life would be short and awful, and you would cause your parents constant misery.

A pre-natal test means that no child ever has to be born with Down's Syndrome again. You're aware that the child will be FUCKED UP, right? He will have no life worth mentioning. Aborting him is merciful for all involved!
>>
>>50040038
Honestly i wouldnt mind them being evil if they werent short sighted and incredibly stupid.
>>
>>50040015
>Twice I can recall, once the BBEG was leading not a woman-friendly force, we gender changed him and his followers lost respect for him. He actually ended up repenting and asking to come with us after that since we were the only ones who treated him with respect still.
I'm lovin' it.
>>
>>50034138
One of my characters had a male superhero alter-ego and a transformation sequence to go along with it. It wasn't treated as a big deal given that he/she was probably the least off-the-wall character in the group.
>>
>>50040066

You'd be surprised how many people there are that think a woman should be allowed to abort whenever she feels like it, but she's a complete monster if she aborts because the kid's got Downs or might come out Trans*.

This even extends to genetic modification, so many people are horrified at the prospect of "fixing" people that they're willing to violate their own dogma to do it. Which of course isn't unique to this and has been done many times throughout history, but seeing it in action is... Jarring.
>>
>>50041172
Its because hippies are fair weather friends of science.

Bible thumpers too.

They're all for electricity and defibrilation, but want to improve a crippled baby or use a more effecient nuclear power source and suddenly it's "unnatural" and "playing god".

They didnt give a shit about playing god when they c-sectioned me and circumsized me, the least they could gave done is hook me up with cancer free genes.
>>
>>50041172

I can understand why some people would be really iffy about genofixing kids in the womb, but my take on it probably isn't why they are so worried.

There are obvious cases, like Downs, where there is no upside to having it and I can't imagine anyone being upset if they were later in life told that they were going to be born with Downs but the doctor fixed it.

Trans is a cloudier issue than that. Do you change their brain structure so that they never want to be the opposite gender in the first place? Or do you change their sex in the womb so they get born with the body their brain says they want? Both have the potential to backfire spectacularly and leave someone in just as bad a position as you were trying to avoid or worse, and you are blindly changing who they would have been as a person on a fundamental level. Thats... worrying. Not everyone is going to be okay with that.

In my case, I was born with a thankfully mild case of Autism. It was a challenge for me to overcome it when I was younger, but aside from a few situations and circumstances that I can avoid with a little planning I can lead a mostly normal life. But at the same time, that Autism is pretty central to what makes me tick. A lot of my interests and skills can be traced in that direction. If you 'cured' my Autism, I have no fucking idea whether or not I would be recognizably the same person. I would probably refuse the treatment on those grounds, given the choice.
At the same time, my case was mild. There are people who have it far worse than I do who might choose differently.
I don't know where the line should be drawn, or if you really can make a meaningful distinction at the time when you still have the opportunity to perform the genofixing. There just isn't enough information to tell in many cases whether you are improving this kids life or just drastically changing it.
>>
>>50041393
>I don't know where the line should be drawn, or if you really can make a meaningful distinction at the time when you still have the opportunity to perform the genofixing. There just isn't enough information to tell in many cases whether you are improving this kids life or just drastically changing it.

The issue here is that the child doesn't have a life before the genofixing, they're still in the womb and still more a "blank slate" than a newborn. The fetus with mild autism that was "cured" in the womb will never know they had autism, and would never even fathom the thought of "would I rather have that condition than what I have now?"

It's like the whole thing with deaf people; people born deaf and raised deaf or people who become deaf would obviously identify with the condition and live their life with deafness as a major facet of their being, but what about the baby developing deaf but gene-fixed to have healthy ole ears? Is that wrong?

I suppose what I'm trying to say is genetic modification is not here to "fix" our current generation of autistic or Downs kids, genetic modification is here to make sure our current generation of autistic or Downs kids is the LAST generation of autistic or Downs kids.
>>
>>50034138

It came up in a game of mine sort of out of the blue. I was GMing, but it was actually a plan of one of the players where they derailed the entire game with globally releasing a sex change virus.
>>
>>50041483
Not that anon, but honestly I'm only really concerned with gene-fixing/enhancement being solely the domain of the rich. We might end up with a race of 1% ubermensch who wipe the rest of us plebs out. Or, more seriously, end up dominating the leadership positions of society even more than they do already.
But that's all sci-fi problems for the moment I sincerely hope
>>
>>50040066
>Aborting him is merciful for all involved!
>t. Anon who knows nobody with Downs
>>
>>50042002

You can't abort a grown-ass man, but you can abort a fetus.

Grow up and realize "they've got a mental illness" is and should be every bit as valid for abortion as "I'm just not ready for a kid/I want to be young and free for another decade."
>>
File: 1308993529262.jpg (280KB, 900x700px) Image search: [Google]
1308993529262.jpg
280KB, 900x700px
>>
>>50041711
>but it was actually a plan of one of the players where they derailed the entire game with globally releasing a sex change virus.

I hope you realize that your player was /d/ and this was their magical realm.

Source: Have seen that exact scenario listed in multiple "biggest fantasy" threads on /d/
>>
>>50038081
Pls stahp. There's a plenty more objectively worse ethnicities in the world.

I mean, Asians in general might be usurpy, inhumane by Western standards, about half of them are ass ugly and want to be white in every sense of the word but fucking shit at least I can think of them as people
>>
>>50042055
It is pretty interesting how "lol i wuz drunk and forgot to use condom" is totally a valid reason for abortion and you're monster for thinking otherwise but "the kid is gonna be mentally challenged and have lower life quality than healthy humans" makes the woman a lovechild of Mao and Hitler.
>>
>>50034858
I'm not a dad so I might not understand, but I am a son.

And I will always love my dad for who he is, and who he wants to be.
>>
>>50042167
> thinking of anybody besides like 15% of whites as people
>>
>>50042167
So which one ethnicity is your choice for the worst?
>>
>>50042319

Not him, but I'm going to say Indians.
>>
>>50042335
You mean like from india or native americans? Because honestly I find that indians from india are pretty law abiding and polite.
>>
>>50034138
So the current game I'm in my group screwed up a bit and we all decided it be best to charge our identities. Most the group got a hair cut, some new clothing and such. My character is a half-dragon so I was both the one that stood out the most and could change the least so I had the group mage make me a women because it was the best idea I had. The mage died before we left the area and I haven't had a good opportunity to switch back. Mages are charging an arm and a leg to do it and we need our money for more important things.
>>
>>50042335
Have you ever met a Korean?
Aggressive, racist, two-faced, shameless opportunists who bear grudges for eternity and have a ridiculous pride in their fictional national history and "culture" cobbled together from Japanese and Chinese culture and padded out with American media.
Because of a propagandistic, jingoistic government that's technically a dictatorship (but don't tell this to the Americans), the obsessive drive to make good on a history that they all know somewhere is made up from scratch, a brutal workload pushed on them by state-controlled businesses trying to emulate Japan and a completely fucked culture that's the result of a country that was literally at the level of Cambodia before Japan (!!) brought the country up to First World standards, Koreans are some of the most thoroughly unlikable people in the world.
They're basically what conspiracy theorists make the Jews out to be - extremely racist and insular, trying to undermine another country from the inside by using "liberal" norms to undermine its culture, contacts up to the armpits in American and especially West Coast media, historically revisionist and greedy to the point of being farcically so (Korean business is a whole new realm of logic, with state-controlled studios being paid to rearrange the most popular Japanese and American hit media into "original" Korean versions, after which the government gets the other conglomerates to buy up millions and millions of copies that only exist on paper, resulting in a minor state-approved hit ostensibly selling ten million copies in days).
And yet, US propaganda - supported by anti-Japanese right-wingers and "progressive" "anti-racism" left-wingers - continuously fails to report on the constant plagiarism, industrial espionage, crime seeding, territorial theft, propaganda, cultural subversion and dozens of other crimes casually perpetrated by the Lower Koreans.
>>
>>50042104

If its their magical realm, they justified it so well that the entire table let it pass.

I was running a spy/action thriller game, modern era but with occasional superscience. The players were a bunch of specialists taking contracts and doing mercenary things. One of them was ex military, one of them was a disillusioned bomb maker/former terrorist, one was a white collar criminal on the run from the law with some useful hacking skills, and then we had Doctor Cho.

Doctor Cho was a geneticist that specialized in human augmentation. He has done a bunch of unethical experiments meant to make humans into "better humans", but when he published his findings the resulting backlash ruined his life. He was the medic of the team, but he was always super bitter about his life falling apart because the rest of the world was too hung up on the controversy of meddling with human genes to appreciate his genius.

The main plot had breaks in it for side contracts and missions, which I tried to tailor so that each of the PCs eventually got a mission where their skills had a chance to really shine.

For Doc Cho, they got a mission to rescue one of Cho's old colleagues (a similarly brilliant geneticist) who has been kidnapped by some shadowy paramilitary group.

They finally track down the base he is at, and it turns out that it was neo-nazis. They were crazy radicals who had ex nazi scientists working on a virus that would turn people aryan in some twisted plot to purge humanity of its lesser races in the most merciful way possible. Their original geneticist had died of old age leaving the project incomplete, and they needed someone new to finish his work. So they kidnapped Cho's colleague and locked him in the basement.
>>
>>50034913

Funny, because that actually happened to Johnny Bravo in one episode. But in all seriousness, what did the DM expect when he made such a long lasting change to the characters core concept? Maybe the player shouldn't have been playing a joke character in the first place, but who knows?
>>
>>50042647

The nazi guy had done most of the work, creating the virus that would act as a delivery mechanism. It was getting the genetic template right without killing the host that they needed help with. So they basically blackmailed the guy with the threat of releasing the virus in its unfinished state unless he fixed it for them. They would get their aryan world either way, but unless the guy helped 60% of those infected would die.

The kidnapped scientist had fixed up the virus as best as he could so it would be less lethal, but he had been sabotaging it in other ways to stall for time. Because turning everyone in the world into the same genetic aryan template would chop our biodiversity down to dangerously low levels and leave us open for a deadly disease making us fucking extinct.

Anyway, they go in and kill the nazis with a couple of well placed trap bombs and and some followup gunfights. What they find after they are done is the laboratory setup to create this virus, and some kind of elaborate dead-drop plan where there were other cells around the world waiting for packages of the virus to release simultaneously once it was finished.

So I basically handed the geneticist player this fancy new set of toys to see what Cho would do with it. What would he do with a gene-altering retrovirus? Just use it for private experimentation and buffing the party? Or would he try to release something on a mass scale, and could he get the rest of the party to go along with it?
>>
>>50042686

He didn't even try. As soon as he realized what he was on to, he pretended like it was just insane nazi superscience and waited for an opportunity to gas the rest of the party and lock them up in some holding cells in the nazi base.

Only then did he reveal his plan to me: he was going to engineer a much simpler version of the virus to change just one chromosome, XY to XX. Compared to what the nazis were trying to do this would be cake.

His reasoning was that mankind was not yet ready to appreciate his genius because messing with the human genome was considered taboo. So he was going to give them no choice. By releasing the virus and leaving the world without any men, the world would have to start producing test tube babies to survive. At which point screening for genetic defects was going to naturally become commonplace as part of the process, and the idea of genetically improving humanity would take hold on its own. If you have to go to a doctor to get a baby made anyway, surely you don't want to get an inferior baby.

Even if the scientists focused on reversing the virus, it would take them years without access to the original and they would have to perform their own experiments into human genome manipulation, accomplishing the same ends.

By the time that the other players escaped from the holding cells Cho had already injected himself and shipped packages to the cells in Europe and China. Since Cho never explained to them what he was doing they didn't know what was going on until he started to change and by then the other PCs had already been infected from contact with him.

So they killed Lady Cho, ended up transformed anyway, and after another adventure where the sex change stuff was going on in the background on the news we decided to end the game because Cho had sort of derailed the world and thrown the whole plot for a loop.

Not the outcome I expected.
>>
>>50034858 here

>>50034899
>Why not?

Living in the greater Cincinnati area means that we're 20 years behind the rest of the country. Two of the 5 other guys in my regular group are ex-military and quite vocal about how much they hate fags and queers. To the point of one of them was dishonorably discharged for hate-criming a crossdresser. I'm not going to push things.

>Look for another group.

I appreciate the hell out of everybody saying this, but it's Cincinnati. It took 7 years to find a group in the first place, and looking around as I do every so often, I don't see alternatives for somebody who isn't a college student. There's some wargaming groups in the area, but if you're over 30 and want to do RPGs, there's basically nothing available publically posted at any game shops (none of which have RPG space - it's 40K all the way down, with one store having a rogue Battletech group).

>>50037100
>kids are more perceptive about this shit than you think.

I know, but repressing it and being sad once in a while is going to be WAY less harmful to him (including outright physical harm from other people) than going through transition. Thank you, though.

>>50035039
I'm not going to lie. I misted up a bit thinking about it. Thank you.

>have to go take him around to trick or treat. Thanks for the support
>and yes, it IS a mental illness. One that I have. Sorry for being defective; we're pretty clear it didn't pass on to him, thank god.
>>
File: [SAVE ME].jpg (67KB, 500x550px) Image search: [Google]
[SAVE ME].jpg
67KB, 500x550px
>>50042766

>tfw I live in Cincinnati

Oh my god I never realized how true even half of these are until I moved out, and even then I lacked the perspective to realize just how backwards that city is.
>>
>>50034138
Who's that supposed to be?
>>
>>50034138
We got a bunch of weird relics from the shattered heaven of a dead moon-god, among which was a ring that lets the wearer change gender with a moment of concentration.. The rogue took it. It's proven to be pretty useful for disguises and in the bedroom
>>
>>50034138
>but has anyone actually seen it in a real game they have played?
No, which is a shame because it's my biggest fetish and might help my dysphoria.
>>
File: WOWscans_10_Things_to_Do_020.jpg (348KB, 1280x1830px) Image search: [Google]
WOWscans_10_Things_to_Do_020.jpg
348KB, 1280x1830px
If I were transported into a magical fantasy realm, learning how to polymorph myself into an adorable girl would probably be on my to-do-list.

That aside, I would never try to work this into a game myself, whether I was playing, gm'ing, or developing a setting or story. I wouldn't want to make players uncomfortable, and I don't think I'd feel right about it myself...

...unless it was an ERP game, in which case I'd totally be down for it. Or unless someone ELSE innocently introduced it into a game. I'd be overjoyed.
>>
>>50042766
>I know, but repressing it and being sad once in a while is going to be WAY less harmful to him (including outright physical harm from other people) than going through transition. Thank you, though.
as long as you're sure you know what you're doing
>>
>>50034858
>Of course, I play with a bunch of right-wingers, so I can't just play a girl in the first place,
What does that have to do with it? I'm right wing as fuck and I only ever play girls.

>>50036291
>I can honestly say, it's very liberating.
How do you find it liberating?
>>
>>50035921
His name is Captain Marvel!
>>
>>50043165
>>50034858
Chiming in here.
I'm a chest-pounding nationalist right-winger who's chilly at best towards the entire concept of enabling trans people instead of treating them, but I still play girls and get complimented for my female characters.
It's all about playing a person who isn't defined by being a girl, but it's hard when just the fact that they're a girl gets you politically riled up.
>>
>>50043346
>enabling trans people instead of treating them
except they are one and the same
what you call enabling is in fact the best treatment possible
>>
>>50038383
>straight, white people simply don't have decades of internalized oppression
Affirmative action?
>>
>>50043396
A lot of people's lives would be a lot better off it they weren't told "transition" is the only answer for wanting to be female.
>>
>>50043403

Affirmative Action is a band-aid feel-good measure that doesn't do jack shit to help the average black person nor does it particularly inconvenience the typical white. Any white person that loses a position to a black man due to affirmative action will quite easily find a job somewhere else, and that black man who is hired purely on the color of their skin will not only flounder within their field but are individuals that won't heal the whole - a good example of this is the oft-cited chart that shows how black kids with low GPAs can get into medical school while white kids need more impressive GPAs. This may seem unfair to you until you realize not only are the number of black kids applying to medical school low to begin with (and thus a white kid who can get in, will get in) but consider the demographics of first/second-year drop-outs and how the vast, vast majority of them are the very same black kids who got in just to meet a quota.
>>
>>50043396
Yes, yes.
It doesn't matter that the "treatment" isn't actually truly complete, requires ages of expensive maintenance, further exacerbates behavioral disorders by playing right into them and is an insane burden on any state's budget. It doesn't matter that gender dysphoria is comorbid with a large number of mental illnesses, which aren't cured or treated because it's discrimination. It doesn't matter that the subculture is giving false impressions of what's even possible with science to further their own political goals. It doesn't matter that there are cheaper treatments, for example basic human decency.
All of this is swept away in the current of people who think that declaring oneself something one is not and cannot truly become makes one deserving of special treatment from everyone else, bothering the people around one by expecting them to turn their experience with human interaction on its head just to pamper you.
The idea that a human being "deserves" an expensive, time-consuming, disruptive and failure-prone treatment to have a symptom of their mental illness genuflected to is pathological. It's sacrificing society's surplus, money and perfectly functional norms on the altar of mindless postmodern individual-worship.
You know what's the cheapest solution for someone who expects the rest of society to go so far out of their way just to please a symptom of a mental illness? It's a .45 bullet to the back of the head, and it's only the surplus of modern society that means that leeches and garbage like you aren't given that treatment.
When there is not a single sick, injured, starving or poor person in the entire United States, you can start using taxpayer money on worshipping the delusions of mentally ill people and over-entitled abortions of the postmodern age. Until then, rest assured that you are, in fact, a criminal taking money and surplus out of the hands of the people who need it.
Peace of mind is a luxury, and life is a favor.
>>
File: 1418521657981.jpg (85KB, 749x720px)
1418521657981.jpg
85KB, 749x720px
>>50043559

>2016
>He still maintains an Industrial age mindset in a post-industrial world

Next you're going to tell me factory jobs matter, right?
>>
>>50043539
>nor does it particularly inconvenience the typical white.
Why did racial discrimination in employment and education become something to be dismissed out of hand?
>>
We had a 2 portals, one that reversed alignment and one that swapped gender. We threw people through them until we figured out how they worked
>>
I feel the only reasonable answer to trans people is to have them live in their native body until one figures out appropriate retroviral and surgical procedures to become a functional member of the opposite sex.

If you arent into your dreams enough to make scientific breakthroughs, then you dont deserve your dreams.

This is the reason i am not a king, so it can be their reason too.
>>
>>50042647
>>50042686
>>50042727

Thats actually pretty clever in an insane mad scientist sort of way.
>>
File: 1412434882980.png (358KB, 1280x680px) Image search: [Google]
1412434882980.png
358KB, 1280x680px
>>50043438
it's not, and no one says that, you go as far as you need to to feel comfortable and happy in you own skin
(thats happy in the traditional sense of contentment and wellbeing not the corrupted modern american meaning where it has been equated to active joy)
some people settle for dressing occasionally, some take hormones but never socially transition, some go all the way

it helps, even just having the option helps, even knowing that you're not the only one fucking helps

the 2 most common things people have said about me since i started is that i seem happier and that i seem saner
>>
>>50043559
wait, when did the US join the 21st century and socialise healthcare

last i looked the costs of transition in the us were either paid by health insurance or you had to meet them yourself
>>
>>50043574
Buzzwords are nice, aren't they?
Convince yourself that work ethic doesn't matter. Convince yourself that we live in a post-scarcity society. Convince yourself that anyone who disagrees with you is just stuck in the past.
We could have had a good modern society, but it's gotten stuck in the mire of self-worship while productive jobs are being abandoned in favor of becoming a massage therapist or a counselor.
People like you are the reason that the global economy is falling apart because of outsourcing, lobbying and rampant corruption - because the pampered mindset of a postmodern human means that wages are rising the more people think they deserve.
You're living in a temporary bubble created by the hard work and suffering of the people who came before you. You're a mewling trust-fund baby grown up on the work of your parents and grandparents. You haven't known responsibility because your ass has been wiped for you all your life, and you deny that the world isn't an infinity engine just to perpetuate that delusion.
At some point, your special tutors and counselors will die off. At some point, the people who work the dirty and dangerous jobs will die off. At some point, the workforce will tear itself apart over frills and luxuries. Things don't last forever, and while the work has been done in advance for you, your turn is coming.
Postmodern humanoids have no idea of how much the rest of society goes through to raise a completely normal child, much less one who demands incredibly expensive and time-consuming "treatments" with a risk of putting them into welfare-demanding mental crises.
Your peace of mind is not a given. Your luxury is not a fact of the universe. Work isn't magically done by the gnomes and the Chinese, and if you're not willing to work, you'll have to starve at some point.
If I was you, I'd start practicing for a vacation by the standards of a normal human who knows their place and value in society - fifteen hours of work a day.
>>
>>50043710
Dont worry, soon your life's work will be replaced by robots. Then we all get to be hobos!
>>
>>50043644
>you go as far as you need to to feel comfortable and happy in you own skin
That's the great lie that ruins lives.

What happened to Butterfree?
>>
>waaah, you shouldnt change gender
>Waaah, you should let me change gender

All of this is unimportant.

What IS important isgetting me more hearts and lungs.

Fuck all this other shit, put research into giving me 20 hearts and dire bear like strength
>>
File: 007_1473338435.jpg (409KB, 1106x1029px) Image search: [Google]
007_1473338435.jpg
409KB, 1106x1029px
>>50043644
That picture is cute!

Also please people, less ideological argument, more cute genderbend stories pls
>>
>>50043539
>Any white person that loses a position to a black man due to affirmative action will quite easily find a job somewhere else
Asshole. You are what has murdered America.
>>
>>50034302
This is me. Orc Monk that bought a new belt. Tried it on at the vendors booth, lost about a foot of height and became slightly less muscular. My group calls me Mag and the alchemist wants to ravage me. It's been an interesting game.
>>
>>50043539
Tell that to the Asian kids that need perfect scores to get into medial school.
>>
Question that come to think of it I haven't seen come up in these stories...

If a PC gets surprise genderswapped, does the player decide what they look like after or does the GM?
>>
>>50043926
Well, we need proof that they wont repeat the awful medicinal practices their countries do.
>>
>>50043957
>defends affirmative action
>makes racist assumptions
it checks out.
>>
>>50043974
Oh, i dont defend affirmative action, thats another guy.
I am just super butthurt over chinese medicine historically, and their misuse of antibiotics today.
>>
>>50043956
when it happened to me, the GM allowed me to dictate it
>>
>>50034138
It's come up as a joke a couple of times. I have a table of random generated magic items for stuff I didn't plan.
>>
File: Dr. Cho.png (103KB, 1880x916px) Image search: [Google]
Dr. Cho.png
103KB, 1880x916px
>>50042647
>>50042686
>>50042727
'capped for my own realm.
>>
>>50036291
Kevin?
>>
>>50034212
>FtM
What a meme.
>>
>>50043615
What'd you do with the people afterwards?
>>
>>50036673
Are you literally retarded? A lot of first time groups will just have people play as themselves personality wise before adding in playing a character after they've gotten their feet wet.
>>
>>50043743
Different anon, but fuck that noise. I'm abandoning the weakness of the flesh the first chance I get. I already have a metal plate in my skull so I have a heads up on all of you rotting meat bags.

I hope I can get a cute gynoid body.
>>
>>50034138
My gm had us encounter a gender changing tree in a nature spirit grotto of nymphs and satyrs. I have a story.

One of the recurring npcs of our home town was a female guard who was mostly straight. My (male) ranger was friends with her. Playing DnD 5e, I took noble background with the flaw of carnal pleasures. Despite this, they never banged. In this same town was another npc. She was laying low, trying to avoid someone in another city, and she wrote trashy romance novels under a pen name. The novels' protag was based on the hunky town guard captain, and the guard npc loved them. After a run in with a mindflayer my character had short range telepathy and discovered the npc was the author and told his friend, the guard. She immediately wanted her books signed. I accidently talked the three characters into a threesome. Afterward the author made it clear that she didn't believe in love anymore and she likes dick, so guard npc was double crushed. Weeks after this the ranger stumbled on the gender changing tree with others, but decided to not tell the guard because he knew she would do something stupid. Guard found out from another player and immediately went to go get a dick. Afterward the guard hid -his- identity and had awful sex with the author (rolled badly). Author ended up discovering what had happened and complained to the guard captain, guard almost got fired for the whole thing. It was a mess all around and as my character was busy fighting a cursed book (and avoiding the genderbent guard, who he was maybe in love with and didn't know how to feel about now) he was less than helpful.
>>
>>50044975
Oh shit, I forgot the best/worst part. The genderbend tree was found a week after a full mtf person joined the game. The gm had no idea they were trans. She, myself, and another player were the only ones who knew and were also the most involved in between session, online RP, which is where all this happened other than the initial finding of the tree.
>>
>>50043559
Man, this is some of the most edgy stuff I've read in a long time.
>>
>>50045581
The greatest leftist argument of all time!
>>
>>50044337
>what a meme
Why? The only people I know who get mad at FtMs are usually MtFs who secretly view them as wasting their body and femininity or something.

t. MtF who's spent time on /lgbt/ and seen those types of people
>>
>>50044975
>I accidently talked the three characters into a threesome.
HOW?!

>>50045029
How did that go over?
>>
>>50045650
>leftist
I'm actually a Libertarian.
>pointing out that you made a cringy meme argument somehow makes me a liberal
lol

I do agree with the bit about trans people being mentally ill. The proper treatment however is to transition to their preferred gender.
>>
>>50045710
>I'm actually a Libertarian.
I don't like the look of that capital L.

>I do agree with the bit about trans people being mentally ill. The proper treatment however is to transition to their preferred gender.
What's the logic behind that diagnosis?

It wasn't my argument by the way, but "lol edgy" isn't the counterargument to anything.
>>
>>50042766
>>and yes, it IS a mental illness. One that I have. Sorry for being defective; we're pretty clear it didn't pass on to him, thank god

The fact that there are still people who think like this, about themselves, is proof that Tumblr has not gone too far; rather, they have not yet gone far enough.
>>
>>50045991
I'm kinda hoping her kid calls her out on it
>>
>>50045991
>>50046046
Look, it's not some genetic flaw or mental illness, but it's not the best personality trait. People should be helped to get over it. I wish I was.
>>
>>50043559
Have you ever looked at the statistical effects of transition? Never mind whether you're "playing into their delusions"; most mental illnesses we can't really treat the root causes of anyway.

In terms of actual quality-of-life improvements vs side effects, if you view being trans as a psychological disorder, transition is practically the most effective psychological treatment invented. If the people currently on, say, antipsychotics, or lithium, could have their lives improved that much by instead taking a treatment that mild, the inventor would win worldwide acclaim.

Across the board, transition works, and certainly works far better than trying to convince people to be happy with the body they've got.

Does it magically solve all their problems? No. But it makes a hell of a lot of their problems a hell of a lot better.

(And that fucking study from the every asshole cites without reading beyond the abstract? No shit you'll find that SRS increases suicide, if your control group is people who don't get SRS *because they don't have gender dysphoria in the first place*. If you actually looked at before/after for actual trans people, suicidality goes way the fuck down. Still high, because it's not magic and trans people are likely to be fucked up for other reasons, but way lower than any other intervention that might be used instead.)
>>
>>50042817
Dante from DMC.
>>
>>50046222
Oh no, he's hot!
>>
>>50046200
>Across the board, transition works,
If you read the selective quotes and bad statistics of the supporters of the trans narrative.

>if your control group is people who don't get SRS *because they don't have gender dysphoria in the first place*
"only accept the stats that agree with me"
>>
>>50045991
nah, fuck tumblr.

They're going about it the wrong way. The more we turn issues of gender into special snowflake feel-good nonsense, the more we're drawing unnatural attention to it, which actually just makes it harder to normalize the concept of non-dichotomous gender.

Gender is and always will be something that's up to the individual to determine and express without requiring any doting, judgement, or outside pressure of any sort. Anything else will pollute the creation of the self and create hierarchies of internalized inferiority
>>
>>50046279
"Don't accept any stats with terrible methodology" is pretty much Lesson 1 in responsible research in the social, psychological, and medical science fields, and also Lessons 2, 3, 7 through 18, 34, and 36 through 57. Most of the rest are "Beware the man of one study."

You can find at least three studies to support literally any view you like, and it's become increasingly apparent as the replication crisis mounts that most studies are crap. You have to at least look at the methodology and read further than the abstract to judge what a paper is actually saying and whether it's a quality source or not, and a sweep of the literature as a whole is necessary to draw any solid conclusions on a subject.
>>
>>50046505
Funny how often it seems like lesson 1 got skipped by the pro-trans folks.
>>
This thread went to shit really fast
>>
>>50046394
I would have agreed with that IF, and ONLY IF they weren't fuckstains about it. Since they were allowed to be fuckstains and shove it on everyone else, I will actively persecute, mock, oust, and harass anyone who strays from the binary into silence.

They brought it on themselves.
>>
>>50046742
I think we learned a valuable lesson today Fa/tg/uys.

Always ignore the /pol/-fags
>>
>>50046200
How does that work exactly?
Compare other, longer-studied types of dysphoria. If someone has anorexia, giving them surgery to make them skinnier is generally regarded as the worst possible option.
>>
>>50046772
>everything I don't like is /pol/
>things I don't like are automatically wrong
>>
>>50046771
>I would have agreed with that IF, and ONLY IF they weren't fuckstains about it.
Did I fucking stutter? I said NOONE should be allowed to manipulate other people's gender identities.
Male, Female, Trans, Genderfluid, Attack Helicopter, fuck if I care, I don't want any of them telling me what I'm supposed to call myself and act like.

>I will actively persecute, mock, oust, and harass anyone who strays from the binary into silence.

Bet you feel real big for bullying emotionally insecure 12 years olds anon
>>
>>50046772
Sadly, odds are we have learned nothing
>>
>>50046848
Sorry mate but this gender identity nonsense deserves to be ridiculed purely because it got shoved in everyone's faces to where others are talked down to on the subject.

Meanwhile my college does not know how to properly interact with disabled people (especially those with communication difficulties like deafness or autism) but by god we suuuure have to learn about these attention-whoring pedophile freaks
>>
>>50046900
>(especially those with communication difficulties like deafness or autism)
That's because teaching people how to make things easier for the disabled costs money. I know what you fucking mean my life would be so much easier if people knew even the most basic shit to keep in mind when talking to people who are autistic, such as "Focus on what they saying instead of what they actually said"
>>
File: IknVO3T1.jpg (56KB, 750x500px) Image search: [Google]
IknVO3T1.jpg
56KB, 750x500px
>>50046561
Now now, dont get salty. >>50046505
a Annon made a good point. I'm trans and I've had that a cornucopia of articles incorrectly interpreting that same study sent to me "for my consideration" As has 2 of my trans friends. It gets nasty when people just copy pasta things without reading through them.

>>50046900
duuudeee... you're just being mean. But you also seem to be creating a situation where there can be no compromising with you. Why do you want that?

Also, yeah, I now what you mean with the disabled people thing. Some folks in my program bought a sled to pull my wheelchair bound friend to class for 2 winters before the school got its shit together. Good times in the frozen north.
>>
>>50046772
Every discussion over gender turns into shitflinging between the left and right

Unless we're talking magical realms really, we're surprisingly buddy-buddy about that
>>
File: 1477300498161.png (200KB, 530x482px) Image search: [Google]
1477300498161.png
200KB, 530x482px
>>50047061
You're right.

I blame our combined labido and self hatred.
>>
>>50046900
Exactly my point.

The more we make noise about it, the more attention is called to what we're supposed to be trying to normalize into society.

Like I said, Gender is an individually determined thing you don't need to scream and shout about.

It's pretty fucking simple. You decide on what the hell you are (or don't, because it's a pretty esoteric subject that requires some thinking) and leave it at that.

'Course, that only works if everyone else goes along with it too, hence the immature Centre-Left feeling the need to scream back at the ranting Alt-Right
>>
>>50045750
Not that anon, but you seem like a reasonable fellow, so I'll just point out that saying murder is the solution to a problem that is not equivalent to murder is pretty fucking edgy.
>>
File: 1407897185831.jpg (34KB, 326x246px) Image search: [Google]
1407897185831.jpg
34KB, 326x246px
>>50034858
You're an absolutely pathetic human being, but at least you're wise enough to not subject your son to the hell that would be "Son, daddy is now mummy". Good on you for that, mate.
>>
I ran a campaign where one of the main plot goals was to save the countess, a racist but friendly elf woman, from being murdered for political reasons. The party failed because I stacked the deck against them, so they had the druid reincarnate her. She came back as a male halfling. She wasn't too thrilled about that.
>>
>>50047233
how is he any more pathetic than a cis woman?
>>
>>50047141
No, because then you get all the college tumblrites who scream about how they're demiboys and you need to respect their totally ridiculous and made up bullshit purely to make themselves feel special.

This is why the attack helicopter copypasta exists. You can't just say "I am a genderfluid demi-futa" because that's not a fucking thing. You are not a fucking demi-futa just because you say so. I'm not going to say there aren't in-between genders or that some people feel like they're female one day and male the next, or if they feel like they're equally comfortable being either, but the truth is that most of this crazy gender shit only exists for the same reasons Mary Sues exist. To make the individual feel super special awesome in a completely artificial and superficial way. And then someone comes along that doesn't buy into their fantasy, and because they never learned how to not be a complete sperg and that people can, gasp, call them out on their bullshit, they start fucking witch hunts. And then people actually get harmed by it.

tl;dr: If you want to claim you're a gender that doesn't exist and never has and then throw a tantrum when people don't take it seriously, you're not as special and awesome a person as you think you are.
>>
>>50047141
You're right in theory but wrong in practice. People use gender as a cornerstone of communication in english. Your right in that if we were somehow able to do away with that aspect we wouldn't need to kick up a fuss, but we dont live in a world like that. Last summer I held held my little sister while she cried because her mom wouldn't talk to her after she came out. I'm not willing to sit by while people are hurt like that.
>>
>>50045661

Can't forget the TERFs. Who for some reason have to exist.
>>
>>50034138
One time i was playing a Goblin potion maker who tossed a random potion on an enemy ( this was pretty common for my character, it's also how he died), the potion turned the enemy into a chick
>>
>>50034858
Sounds like you had some good parents.

Not being sarcastic or anything, but what they did improved your life, you should be grateful.
>>
>>50037100
Honestly kill yourself.
>>
>>50039980
>everyone I don't like is hitler.
>>
>>50045688
So the author wrote trashy romance novels. Gm and other player were besties and would often talk about the game since the gm had lots of npc stuff that never came up. For instance, those novels. It was common knowledge among the players that she was an author and we knew it was vaguely Twilight level stupid, but nothing specific other than that. I and the other player however talked to the gm a lot between sessions and learned loads of background, like how the protag of the books was based on the guard captain, and how the books were basically "hero climbs bdsm tower to save woman, only to end up staying as succubus' willing fuck boy." I did not know the books featured threesomes. Friend and gm had apparently established this to be true.

So anyway, Rent, my ranger, and 25k, his friend, go to see Sif, the author at her room at the inn. Rent hasn't read the books so he politely inquires as to what they're about. 25k is too flutterpaited to say anything and just nods along. As the conversation continues Rent asks something which gets taken the wrong way by both the gm and friend, who is quietly reading along. Sif thinks Rent is insinuating she shouldn't write erotica if she has no experience, and Sif decides to shut him up. Also she is drunk. I failed the passive perception to notice this, but gm told friend in a whisper so it was legit. Sif starts being suggestive, and a baffled Rent flirts right back while 25k just gets redder. Sif whips her shirt off, fade to black, make rolls. 25k rolled first and managed something like a 9 total. Rent managed a 17 total (he never rolled badly for sex. Ever. Roll20 decreed him a sex god I guess.) and Sif passed her check to not be pregnant. Afterward they dress and Sif discusses how she thinks love is bullshit and breaks 25k's heart, setting up her "get a dick" plan.
As for my trans friend she took it well enough. The gm is a self-admitted asshole and said some pretty rude things about trans people so that was awkward.
>>
>>50045029
Clearly a fake story, trans people never pass.
>>
>>50034858
Say
>fuck it, I'm gonna roll for my appearance
Then sneak gender in there with a coin flip. It's not guaranteed, but you could always "accidentally" get that character killed.
>>
>>50048437
You clearly don't comprehend humanity's capacity for deception towards their fellows.

And I'm referring not to prevalence, but to ability.
>>
>>50048437
I wasn't clear I guess. This was an online game played on roll20 and skype. I to this day have never seen a picture of her, so I dunno how she looks. She has incredible voice range but usually speaks at a pitch where it could go either way. I've had some friends think she was a woman and some think she was a man.
>>
>>50034138
I played a character who turned into a female, not entirely by choice.

>Be fairly high level Psion
>Get super fucked by BBEG during a fight
>Body is a mangled mess that would take forever to heal, in a coma most of the time
>Party drags me around on basically a dolly
>Body swap to one of the BBEG's lieutenants
>Turns out under all that armor it's a chick
>TFW I now have great physical stats and a few new racial abilities
>Proceed to steamroll the BBEG, since I now have surprise
>Swap myself back after it was all said and done
>She doesn't remember much, since she was in my wrecked body
>>
>>50034138
Played a game with a guy who was actually playing a trans character. The character (who was rolling in cash) was introduced as someone who'd had a one-night stand with another member of the party. Said other player didn't make a big deal out of it since he was playing someone who'd fuck just about anyone, and we were all happy to have someone on the team who could pay the fucking bills.

So yeah. We had a trans party member and it worked out fine.
>>
>>50047233
>that pic
oh just give us time, gene therapy will become a thing and you better believe that will end up ont he table
>>
>>50043396
That's not the case for any other type of disphoria, why would gender disphoria be different?
>>
>>50045661
MtF's outnumber FtM's because a large portion of trannies is just fetishists that would have found something else to obsess over if transexuality wasn't in the public perception.
>>
File: ariel058.jpg (30KB, 564x376px) Image search: [Google]
ariel058.jpg
30KB, 564x376px
What are your opinions about ethereal entities such as that elven spirit Ariel, from The Tempest? He is famous for being portrayed by male and female artists alike during centuries.
>>
>>50037430
I seriously don't understand where the whole "LOL trannies chop their dicks off" meme came from.

MtF trans individuals do not have their penises amputated. Doing that would make it impossible to achieve orgasms.

What happens is that the penis is actually split down the middle, and inverted. Yes, turned inside out. Then the scrotum is sliced open, the testicles removed, and the sack split in half and sewn around the edges of the base of the inverted penis to make labia.
>>
>>50039980
I bet you also believe that women infected with the Zika virus should be allowed to breed, despite the fact that their babies will literally be born with half a brain. And will be less able bodied /self aware than the average pet cat.
>>
>>50042002
Quit being a fucking ignorant jack ass. In this day and age many women have full legal control over their reproductive system. They can abort babies all they want. For whatever fucking reason they want. Don't like it? Then move to a shithole third world country where women can't vote.

Now grow up and fucking deal with it.
>>
>>50043559
You are aware of the fact that the human female brain, and the human male brain, are so vastly different from each other that you can identify the physical sex of a corpse even if all you have left of it is the brain, right?

When trans people say they are one sex trapped in a body that is the opposite sex they mean it quite literally.

Autopsies done DECADES ago, long before hormone replacement therapy even existed, found several male cross dressers with brains that were identical to the brains of human females in every way.
>>
>>50050721
that is fascinating, but can you back that up? a Reputable source?
>>
>>50044337
As an FtM myself, I have something to say to you.

You can go fuck yourself. And while you are at it, you can go fuck the horse your mother rode in on.
>>
>>50034212
>>50050746
I don't think a transperson need to change their character's gender just because of that. What's so awfully complex in roleplaying as someone from the opposite gender? It's not like you are roleplaying some cosmic Lovecraftian abomination with completely alien logic and moral concepts.
>>
>>50046805
Because having your genitals sliced and diced is a lot less physically dangerous than having all of your body fat completely reduced.

It's like comparing someone who has a sucking chest wound to someone who has a leech.

Gender dysphoria is a leech, it slowly and surely sucks all of the happiness out of your life. Your self esteem, your motivation, your will to live. There is nothing you can do to remove that leech. It is a part of you forever. But what if by amputating a single finger, you can make all the bad feelings that leech gives you go away? Yes, it is technically self mutilation. Yes, it is a horrible stone age solution. But there currently are no better solutions. Nothing that has a permanent, lasting effect, that doesn't resort to heavy duty mind altering drugs that are the chemical equivalent of frontal lobe lobotomies.

Now compare this to the sucking chest wound. Amputating a single finger isn't going to solve the problem, because the solution is thankfully straightforward. A sucking chest wound can be cured, the same way a broken bone can be cured.

But that leech can never be cured. It is a part of you forever. The same way there is no cure for being a paranoid schizophrenic.
>>
>>50050731
Just google "trans autopsies brain" there are tons of links to tons of different studies.

Unfortunately, I don't have any kinds of links to the original autopsy I mentioned. I doubt if it even exists online, I read about it in a magazine years ago.
>>
File: 1472669283887.jpg (52KB, 480x480px)
1472669283887.jpg
52KB, 480x480px
Slaanesh is always at your disposal.
>>
>>50050822
That metaphor only makes sense if by cutting off that finger, your odds of committing suicide due to the leach actually increase rather than decrease.
>>
File: FALGSC.jpg (67KB, 940x847px) Image search: [Google]
FALGSC.jpg
67KB, 940x847px
>>50047301
Gender is inexorably linked to hierarchies, same as race.
We'll still have that garbage until we move away from hierarchies, so it's the whole system that needs to change in order for that to be possible.

In other words, Fully Automated Luxury Gay Space Communism.
>>
File: smoking.jpg (139KB, 494x482px)
smoking.jpg
139KB, 494x482px
>>50050822

>Gender dysphoria is a leech, it slowly and surely sucks all of the happiness out of your life. Your self esteem, your motivation, your will to live.

Can confirm. Wanted to be a girl for as long as I can remember. I had dreams of it before I ever got boners, and still daydream about doing normal shit as a girl. However, I'm a 27 year old bear man spiraling away into depression struggling to find reasons why I shouldn't shoot myself when I know ill. Never be happy with what I am.
>>
>>50050746
How can you claim to be trans when you're obviously still as touchy as a girl?
>>
File: Princess Eddie Izzard.jpg (55KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Princess Eddie Izzard.jpg
55KB, 640x360px
>>50052408
Because with the power of imagination you can be the most magical girl of them all.

That and a bear princess sounds adorable. <3
>>
>>50036589
fair enough
>>
>>50050746
Don't be a pussy.
>>
File: 1470763126004.gif (15KB, 128x128px)
1470763126004.gif
15KB, 128x128px
>>50034989
>those faces
oh god mine sides
>>
File: rob_halford.jpg (64KB, 636x421px) Image search: [Google]
rob_halford.jpg
64KB, 636x421px
>>50034138
The closest I have been is making an androgynous NPC as a GM (the players ended up referring to him/her as "it", and curiosity almost made them look at his/her bloody corpse when he/she died), but I am sure most of the players wouldn't mind if I genderswapped their characters.
Not that I am gonna do it, the idea of a nine-years-old, Rob Halford leather jacket wearing, groin smashing magical girl is too much fun.
>>
>>50050919
I thought the Anon earlier pointed out that the study you're citing here used a sample group that included non-trans people?
To continue the metaphor, wouldn't that be like cutting the fingers off of people who DIDN'T have the leech and asking them if they felt better about it?
>>
>>50053605

Yeah, unfortunately there are a number of places where the 'cure' for homosexuality was to give them involuntary sex changes.

As you can imagine, not a lot of people took that well.

A lot of studies point to those cases as evidence of transitioning correllating to suicide, which misses the point. And it also provides a pretty stark example of what can go wrong when you have people going in and making these kinds of life decisions for other people.
>>
>>50052795
At least he opposed Brexit.

>>50053753
>As you can imagine, not a lot of people took that well.
Source?
>>
>>50054075
>Source?
I think he means the people given the involuntary sex changes, which, insofar as they were involuntary, means that they probably weren't taken well.
>>
>>50035207
>want to read Medaka Box but I'm at work and can't read fanservicey manga chockfull of tiddies

fug

western elf tiddies will have to do
>>
>>50042234
This. I will forgive my father anything. Especially if it makes him happy.
>>
File: 1470615449028.gif (801KB, 441x289px)
1470615449028.gif
801KB, 441x289px
>>50053238
This
Suck it up and deal with negativity men are raised to embrace and love fucking with each other calling friends factors and running around in the wood scraping your knees and getting ducked by thorn bushes.
If you want be a man then act like one run some dirt in it and move on.
>>
>>50038348
>playing RPGs
>go look up what it means beyond RPGs
wat
>>
>>50038383
>straight, white people simply don't have decades of internalized oppression
What about 2000 years of being told that some guy died because you are a bad person
Oh right that doesn't count because.
>>
File: 1477827775630.jpg (1MB, 988x3000px) Image search: [Google]
1477827775630.jpg
1MB, 988x3000px
ITT: Societal norms fucked us all, some into hating themselves, some into hating others.
If only we didn't have goddamn gender expectations, all you anons could happily wear frilly dresses without feeling torn apart.
I can't wait for the gay space communism.
>>
>>50054075
>At least he opposed Brexit.

What a femcuck
>>
>>50054148
So, no source?
>>
>>50054613
>all you anons could happily wear frilly dresses without feeling torn apart.

Alternatively, we could ensure they kill themselves (or are killed off by the rest of sane society) and solve the problem that way. It's not as if anything of value would be lost.
>>
>>50054679
My friend, we know you want to wear cute things too, no need to puff and huff to show how manly you are.
>>
File: 1470247929014.png (201KB, 490x490px)
1470247929014.png
201KB, 490x490px
>>50054719
>>50054679
>>
>>50054669
I'm not him, I said that already. But do you seriously need a source that says "People who were punished by being forced to take injections would have rather not been punished"?

Do you need a source for "criminals who don't want to be caught are attempting to escape punishment"? A source for "punishment is something done to people that people, generally speaking, do not like"? I'm sincerely baffled. Either you didn't read what I said at all, or you're just parroting yourself.
>>
>>50054776
So no course but "just agree with me because it suits my politics"?
>>
>>50054679
>It's not as if anything of value would be lost.
I know it's degenerate and pathetic but saying I have no value is over the line.
>>
>>50054846
in·vol·un·tar·y/inˈvälənˌterē/adjective
1. done without will or conscious control.
2. done against someone's will; compulsory.

This is the best I can give you for what I've said. What claim exactly are you asking for a source on?
>>
>>50050721
You can tell the physical sex of a corpse from any part of the body with DNA sequencing, numbnuts!
>>
>>50054679
>tfw you have no value...
>>
>>50054892
You're replying to a pretty obvious troll.
>>
File: 1278750869718.jpg (76KB, 510x422px) Image search: [Google]
1278750869718.jpg
76KB, 510x422px
>>50034302
Indeed. Had a player get nailed with one back during the 3e days, GMs lesson tool or petty revenge depending, revenge tool for bad RPer in our case. Of course he was playing a barbarian. Dude was Conan obsessed btw, like bad, He was basically playing Conan...badly. Wouldn't have been an issue had he been doing well, Conan is awesome, he wasn't. Barbarian/Thief is hard, and he wasn't very good.
It looked almost exactly like something Conan had in some of the Art so he immediately slapped it on. And thus our GM thought a lesson had been learned. And while he did start looking over all magical items he found, or let the wizard do it, he made the best of it and tried to play Red Sonya...badly.

So no change really,
>>
>>50036673
>unironically autistic
>>
>>50050822
I meant how making an anorexic person thinner doesn't cure their anorexia. At best it causes them to shift the blame for their low self-esteem onto something else, and even that's rare.
>>
>>50056840

There's no answer for this because it doesn't make sense.

Gender Dysphoria is the only mental illness where "playing along" and making permanent physical changes to do so is considered as a treatment option.

It obviously isn't acceptable for anorexia as you've indicated. Sure you can make them the epitome of thin, but you can't fix their crippling self-image issues that made them anorexic in the first place.

Following people who receive that gender change surgery shows no change in the levels of depression or the terribly high trans suicide rate, indicating that there is some other major issue going unaddressed and untreated.
>>
>>50056978
>Following people who receive that gender change surgery shows no change in the levels of depression or the terribly high trans suicide rate, indicating that there is some other major issue going unaddressed and untreated.
except there isn't, the studies showing that are usually either about;
involuntary sex chanages (as a result of extreme genital damage or from mutilation of babies with ambiguous genitalia)
or from Iran (where a compelled sex change is the only way out of punishment for homosexuality)
>>
>>50057092
There are tons of studies about dysmorphia, anon. You can't just say "An asshole said it was wrong, therefore it must be right".
>>
>>50050567

This was not how I wanted catgirls...
>>
>>50050746
>You can go fuck the horse your mother rode in on
Why? Don't have the dick to do it yourself?
>>
Ive seen it used in someone else's campaign as both a punishment for fucking around with unidentified magic kit and as a means to get the player to play outside his comfort zone. As a GM, Im not against nasty curse effects, but anything that fundamentally changes a character really should be discussed before hand.
>>
File: FULLY AUTOMATED.jpg (378KB, 1366x768px)
FULLY AUTOMATED.jpg
378KB, 1366x768px
>>50054613
Me too Anon, me too
>>
>>50054892
The original claim, retard.
>As you can imagine, not a lot of people took that well.
>>
>>50057456
>You can't just say "An asshole said it was wrong, therefore it must be right".
Yes xe can, anon. It's 2016.
>>
>>50042657
Yeah, that's kinda bullshit GMing.

If you're allowing a joke character in the first place, it's on you to roll with the joke without getting tired of it. If you don't want to roll with the joke for sessions and sessions, talk to the player up front (or worst-case, out of session).

Arbitrarily changing the fundamental nature of a PC is a bad.
>>
>>50054572
The word "character" has definitions in the fields of literature, theatre, film, and fine art that don't necessarily correspond with the definition that RPGs provide.

Fucked if I know what they actually are though.
>>
>>50057490
>FtM
>Female to Male

I don't know how to tell you this, anon...
>>
File: lenin.jpg (7KB, 198x255px) Image search: [Google]
lenin.jpg
7KB, 198x255px
>>50054613
>>50057795
>hating hate
>removing gender makes everyone into a woman.
>impractical, stupid fucking dress.
All of these concerns seem rather bourgeois
>>
>>50062520
>removing gender makes everyone into a woman

What did you mean by this? It doesn't make sense.

Removing gender removes woman - how does everyone being women result from there being no women?
>>
>>50062511
Different anon.
You should start chugging some steroids, you've got some upper body strength to put on.
And don't worry about exercise you've got years of not being everyone's pack mule to make up for.
>>
>>50034212
that...doesn't make sense. it's like playing a human when you wanted an elf because you think you'd be judged for having your character not be a member of your species.
can I assume this person is some kind of real life gentleman thief and that's why they chose a rogue? if so that's awesome but I'm not sure they understand how roleplaying games work
>>
>>50062553
>What did you mean by this?
>>50054613
>all you anons could happily wear frilly dresses without feeling
The first concern being female clothing.
If we did have our gay communist utopia there would be no such thing as frilly fucking nonsense.
Only utilitarian clothes.

>removing gender removes women.
Which is why you are wearing things that contain things associated with gender.
Jesus
It's like you don't even wear grey pant suits.
>>
>>50062520
>makes everyone into a woman.

This would be an improvement anyway. Women are better suited for the modern work and learning environment. Sit quietly while you learn, conform and do what you're told, and be an obedient worker capable of multitasking when needed. Every positive trait in a student and worker is a stereotypically feminine one, and now that the education gap has been reversed women are just as capable (if not statistically more so) of leading the way forward in science and mathematics as well.

Irrational, short-tempered, dangerous, perpetually angry men with minimal attention spans are functionally obsolete. Aside from the 1% of you who are minimally worthy to be genetic donors, we can do away with the lot.

>it's not really your faults; testosterone is a poison. You can't help it, but it doesn't change the fact that every personality trait needed to succeed in modern life is now better found on a woman than a man.
>>
>>50062755
Teamwork's still important in the modern workplace. Try to have multiple women converse with each other, and each one will be actually holding a separate conversation with each woman. Get a bunch of guys together, and they'll all be having one conversation with an emphasis on shutting up the outlier.
>>
>>50062755
>multitasking
is a lie.
> Every positive trait in a student and worker is a stereotypically feminine
since we've adjusted the education style to reduce physicalicality.

>>Irrational
the people with the highest degree of compartmentalization and the least tendancy to over inflate threat to themselves
>short-tempered
What.
>dangerous
jesus, some people forget women are every bit as much monkey as we are. Incidently from what heard found women might be more willing to initiate physical aggression upon a person than a man if the domestic reports regarding lesbianism and a couple asian counties are standing
>minimal attention spans are functionally obsolete
Some people like the be physical.
>>
>>50062565
I am also a different anon. >>50062511 was written by me. Sorry about not making that clear.

In response to your actual post, though, well - that's interesting. I typed "Female to Male" in order to imply that the other anon (the one you mistook me for) would, in fact, have a dick if they've finished transitioning. And yet, your response didn't take that into account at all, instead advising transAnon to conform to stereotypes associated with masculinity instead of just being what the fuck he actually is.

If you were trying to bait, 10/10 made me reply, here's your (You).
If you were sincerely trying to give advice, please reconsider the content of your advice.

>>50062599
> there would be no... frilly fucking nonsense. Only utilitarian clothes.
Okay, that makes sense.
>>
>>50062874
>(You).
I always enjoy a good (you)
Regardless if we do have a FtM person
I generally do advise those things.
Women have 60% male upper bodystrength and if you're going to be a man you've got to be able to do everyfuckingphyical thing everyone wantsyoutofucking do
you try to cart around cement for your family without that dense muscle mass.
Or cart around furniture.
Or luggage.
Or fire wood
Or whatever.
Horminals only do so much, a woman's bone structure is already set and not as sturdy as a man's for this sort of thing
>>
>>50062857
>falling this hard for /pol/-tier bait on /tg/
It's not your fault, you're a [spolier]person with shortcomings just like the rest of us[/spoiler]
>>
>>50054075
>At least he opposed Brexit.
And he did so with the style and grace of a screaming hyena.
I've yet to see one remainer who can hold to some degree of tact.
But if they want to go down with Europe so be it. Britain and her people will suffer in the short term but the British people are nothing if not resilient.
Fuck you niggers for the Raj though.
My family is still fucked from that.
>>
>>50062755

I just want to say, I'm so happy to have been born a white male and to have had sex. My life isn't a bed of roses, but at least I'll never be as desperately lonely and pathetic as you.

It's like, you're so desperate for attention, you'll become a woman to get it. That's new levels of barrel-scraping.
>>
>>50063103
>born a white male and to have had sex

Rapist.
>>
>>50034138
I used magic orbs like some random anime i watched some time ago that, when stepped on, did different things to the victim including temporary gender swapping, full on race changing, soze changing and all that magical realm shit. It was a really good campaign actually. Its one of the reasons my players like when i DM. The anime was based on an old game where you had to climb a tower with 100 levels or start over if you died or failed.
>>
>>50034212
>Playing with trannies
>>
>>50054679
>implying you're not in the same boat and also completely worthless

Welcome to the shitshow anon.

We're all getting out time on stage, but you're the star attraction.
>>
>>50062452
Yes but they are all actually out of actual context when you actually play an actual RPG. Actually.
>>
>>50062874
>have a dick
The thing FtMs get isn't a dick. It's just a flesh tube that satisfies their mentally unsound mind to a sufficient degree.
>>
>300 posts of tumblr
i rly like whats become of 4chan
>>
>>50048027
I don't think you understand what "beaten into submission, Literally" means.

And if you think a parent beating their child is ever a positive thing then I don't have much to say to you.
>>
File: Space Commies.jpg (3MB, 1800x2775px) Image search: [Google]
Space Commies.jpg
3MB, 1800x2775px
>>50062520

As I said, it's linked primarily to the hierarchy.
Getting rid of that comes first, and is inexorably linked to gender liberation. Ask Mao about women holding up half the sky.

As for frilly nonsense, I would agree that under normal circumstances it's bourgeoisie crap, but "Communist Utopia" implies post-scarcity (Communism being that fabled final stage of Socialism)

In a post-scarcity society, impracticality could be tolerated as the material cost would be negligible and gender would have been de-spookified to the point where wearing such clothing wouldn't incur judgement.

tl;dr Forgive me Comrade Lenin
>>
>>50038003
You singaporean senpai?
>>
Remember that the next time you fap to lesbians mate
>>
>>50034138
Technically. In PF the group sorc died because big angry bugbear hit him in the back and we had money only for reincarnation. He ended up becoming a changeling, a race that consists entirely of tall, dark humanlike females.
>>
>>50065339
I think you don't realize what a post-scarcity society would mean.

It would not mean that people would stop caring about gender. In fact it may mean that they start caring about it more.
>>
>>50065869
Why is that?

Patriarchal tendencies began with the introduction of property (Due to the insecurity of not knowing whether or not a baby was yours)

Eliminate the concept of private property and all that goes out the window.
>>
>>50034138
I've seen it on a couple of occasions. We found the good ol' fashioned cursed belt when we were just starting to get into D&D. I also encountered a cursed corset in a later game with a different DM, but detect magic and arcana prevented any penis deletis.

I also use alter/disguise self spells on occasion to up the disguise factor. When the city guard is looking for a 16 year old elf-boy, they don't stop to interrogate the human MILF... Well I guess they might, depending on why they're looking for him.
>>
>>50065989
Chimpanzees are "patriarchial", if by that you mean they differentiate between genders. It's a natural behavior.
>>
>>50065989
Also, why would post-scarcity mean no private property? Rather the opposite: unique things such as art would be highly prized.
>>
>>50036753
>he's straight
What does this mean to a trans person? Does he like those of his biological gender?
Honest question.
>>
>>50063328
Tower of Druaga. I recognized it just from your trap description even though that was only one scene of the whole show. The game had the catchiest theme.
>>
>>50066539
Private property in the Marxist sense of the word.
Private Property = privately owning the Means of Production (Factories, farms, mines, land, etc.)

What you're talking about is personal property, which has nothing to do with Marxist goals.
So yes, personal property would still exist post-scarcity, but not as something that could create classes or hierarchies.

>>50066525
They differentiate between sexes (genitalia)
Chimps don't have a concept of what we know as gender because gender is an abstract idea and we're the only species that has those (so far as we know)
>>
>>50035921
no. the alter ego has superpowers and is a little girl not the adult man, the man was the character's true and original form.

think of it like that time thor was a young muslim girl from newjersy.
she had to deal with the implications of occasionally transforming into a heathen deity who had a penis and was allowed to show his face in public, drive a car, etc. she craved mead and roast pig. and women to slake his barbarian lust. it was very awkward for her, she eventually surrendered the hammer to some more fitting(and white) legacy character

>>50062553
the frilly dress thing
Thread posts: 317
Thread images: 38

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.