[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/40krpg/ 40k RPG General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 312
Thread images: 45

File: Dark Heresy Doom.jpg (70KB, 409x400px) Image search: [Google]
Dark Heresy Doom.jpg
70KB, 409x400px
Oh God Emperor the entire crew is Robots Edition

For all your questions on Dark Heresy (1st and 2nd Editions), Rogue Trader, Deathwatch, Black Crusade, and Only War.
Not the wargame. Not Chapter Master. Or Space Hulk.

Not sure between starting Dark Heresy 1e and 2e? Pick 2e.

Book Repositories (If you're planning to download any Rogue Trader materials, read the .txt file in the RT directory)
https://mega.nz/#F!Pl0UgbJa!vDtTXMKnvZ26fUbuw4X9tg

There is a new Homebrew Megafolder option in above MEGA directory containing several things.

40K RPG tools, a site that contains stats or references for almost all weapons, armor and NPCs/adversaries. Not updated past DH2 core.
http://www.40krpgtools.com/

40k RPG Combined Armory (v6.45.160417), containing every piece of gear in all five lines. Now containing some of the DH2 content up to the first supplement.
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/i3akv9qx9q05z

Mars Needs Women! (v1.2.10) (Mechanicus Skitarii and Taghmata for Only War)
http://www.mediafire.com/file/lfbawnl8buxaoc3

Fear and Loathing in the Eastern Fringe (V1.6.4) (Playable Xenos for Rogue Trader)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/fjhddohpscx1d7x

The Fringe is Yours! (v1.8.4) (More Xenos, Knights, and Horus Heresy gear for Rogue Trader)
http://www.mediafire.com/file/vyv56zze9m828d2

"The right tool for the right job." What is it about this concept that attracts powergamers?

Old thread: Purposefully omitted to spite that one autist
>>
>>50033029

It's basically a way to say "I wanna do everyone's job better". It doesn't win you any friends.
>>
How to derail a train on the same scale as the one in Space Marine as a squad of guardsmen with nothing above small arms as support?
>>
>>50033571
Get creative.
>>
>>50033571
If there's a switch somewhere along those rails, it's piss easy.
>>
>>50033592
Well, the current plan is to board the train and set off its defensive car's ammunition. Easier than trying to catch it at the right time down the line, paradoxically enough. The issue is that we have to be *aboard* when it happens.
>>
File: Platinum Games train Simulator.gif (3MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
Platinum Games train Simulator.gif
3MB, 400x225px
>>50033571

Remember in Goldeneye 007, how James Bond shot all the brake boxes on the train level so the train would emergency halt? Do that. The 40k train is bigger so you'll get a derail easier.
>>
File: Staunus PDF.jpg (93KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
Staunus PDF.jpg
93KB, 400x500px
>>50020519
Staunus Mobile Artillery regiments specialize in travelling with armoured battlegroups across desolate wastelands, preferring to keep their vehicles sealed and their Armageddon-pattern gas masks secured if they have to be exposed to local atmosphere. Tauroses and Salamanders range ahead, providing reconnaisance, while the main force consists of Basilisks and Manticores. When enemies are sighted, the battlegroup quickly establishes concealment, using the landscape as best they can, before unleashing downright unfair barrages of firepower. Their close ties to the Omnissiah (their planet's primary export is initiates to the Tech-Priesthood) let them field otherwise rare equipment, so they are sometimes known to supplement their artillery with Veteran Squads of plasma gunners in Chimeras or Leman Russes, typically Executioner or Vanquisher pattern, but occasionally Punishers or MBTs. These forces are used infrequently, and expected to hold the line and guard the artillery in the event of outflanking or ambush by hostile forces. Attached Enginseers also often accompany in Trojan Support Tanks.
Their home planet's entire surface is a dusty gray desert since it was bombed on a whim by a passing World Eaters Strike Cruiser in M33, and the PDF from whom Guard regiments are raised by lottery get plenty of practice at abusing terrain to fight the mutated, aggressive wildlife that travel the surface in packs and herds, preying on one another and on any humans foolhardy enough to leave the subterranean vault-cities without an armoured vehicle and a battlegroup backing them up. Recruitment to the PDF is mandatory at the age of 13 for all citizens not selected as Mechanicus initiates, so the underground settlements are populated largely by viciously competing child gangs. The Mechanicus' rediscovery of the world and contribution of holy technology has made things better, but the gangs are still in the habit of hoarding food to themselves.
>>
>>50033776
I probably botched the description, but hopefully I got the gist across.
Fething hell, I forgot how bad that scheme is. The fatigues are supposed to be a pale, faded gray with just a hint of lavender, not actually purple. At least the rust-orange is about right.
>>
File: Cowboy.jpg (95KB, 800x502px) Image search: [Google]
Cowboy.jpg
95KB, 800x502px
>>50020519

Qadeshi Outriders

Qadesh is a world where a man lives by his horse and his pistol - this is reflected in the regiments the frontier world produces. Led by its two maverick Lord-Commanders Colt and Browning, the Outriders function as a rough rider skirmishing force, their las-revolvers and lever-las rifles bringing death to the enemies of man. The Qadeshi Wild Mustang, a horse known for both its temper and its loyalty, is the perfect mount for these regiments of cowboys and florists.

They're basically carbine cavalry, highly mobile on horses and based off all the old cowboy movies and stereotypes. Pic quite related.

There's also the Qadeshi Chargers, a super-heavy regiment from the world (as in, there is only one), who drive a Glaive special weapons tank, but I like the Outriders a hell of a lot more. By far my favorite regiment I've ever made.
>>
this is gonna sound nuts, but hear me out:
Tyranid and Daemon player characters
>>
>>50034029
>Tyranid player characters
No.
>Daemon player characters
Maybe?
>>
>>50034029
...Go on?
>>
File: Pharos Tyranid Origins.png (306KB, 501x604px) Image search: [Google]
Pharos Tyranid Origins.png
306KB, 501x604px
>>50034029

Rules to make a Possessed are in Tome of Nurgle, Black Crusade. To play a daemon itself would be exceedingly difficult. It would be more akin to Deathwatch where you are summoned by some schmucks for specific missions and whatnot, while you wait in the Watch Forte...ah, Warp in the meantime.

>Tyranid Player Characters
This would be an interesting thought experiment. It's certainly possible if everyone plays an alpha or synapse creature. XP is spent when you're reborn on a new battlefield, and adaptive metamorphs to further improve you and your future strains / incarnations. I was considering making a Tyranid book once but I decided not to. Don't care enough for it.
>>
>>50034065
>It would be more akin to Deathwatch where you are summoned by some schmucks for specific missions and whatnot, while you wait in the Watch Forte...ah, Warp in the meantime.
theoretically, whatever heretics or unscrupulous traders willing to keep a daemon with them 24/7 could probably find a weapon, machine, or poor bastard for it to possess when it's not murdertime so it could stick around.
>>
>>50034179

Keeping a pure daemon about 24/7 is hard though. It usually only happens on Daemon Worlds because the warp needs to be thick that way. And Daemonhosts are usually bound so the daemon inside don't explode their host and wreak havoc before fucking off to watch Happy Days. And being bound to a weapon is allegedly NOT fun for the daemon.
>>
>>50034065

I don't get this image, what is it saying?
>>
>>50034267

It's the story that explains how the Ultramarines accidentally summoned the Tyranids to the galaxy. Uh oh Spaghettios.
>>
>>50034029
>Tyranid and Daemon player characters
Possessed Ymgarl Genestealer PCs?
>>
File: 1473951995133.gif (2MB, 350x197px) Image search: [Google]
1473951995133.gif
2MB, 350x197px
I was invited to a DH 2E game just now. I have never done any RPG other than a simple homebrew with a bunch of fa/tg/uys and a Pathfinder game that dissolved after 2 sessions.

My 40k lore knowledge extends only as far as reading the wikis like an autist and having played a couple of video games adapted to the 40k setting. I know the general gist of how the world works, and how most of the main establishments of the Imperium came to be. But pretty much anything past the Horus Heresy, I don't know jack.

How fucked am I?
>>
>>50034440
Not at all as long as your GM is cool
>>
>>50033571
put all your grenades on a string and arm them at once, then toss them at some thing important.
>>
>>50034440
You're fine. DH2 is less low-powered than DH1, and if you're GM doesn't suck then there'll be lots of investigation and narrative and stuff.
>>
>>50034440
You'll be fine, just pick a homeworld that wouldn't be expected to know more than you do, or have a decent GM and invest in Lore skills.
But I don't see why you'd want Lore skills when you could play a Feudal Worlder running around in full plate, screaming in Latin while hitting things with a hammer.
>>
Is there any place I can find a 40k game? I have been looking for so long.
>>
>>50037372
What character are you looking to play?
>>
>>50037388

I have a lot of Guardsmen type characters, some for only war, some for Dark heresy, I am working on one for Rouge trader at the moment but I am honestly flexible.
>>
>>50033029
>What is it about this concept that attracts powergamers?
It does?
>>50033363
But by the phrase, that makes no sense.
In most games, you can be very good at a handful of things, but you can't, by dint of design principles like xp, do everything with excellence, unless you have access to a power set that allows you to do so with minimal cost, such as magic in 3.pf D&D.
>>
Is weapon tech in DH2e worth it, compared to earlier iterations?
Bumping a weapon up once per fight seems a bit of a waste for the xp cost it has.
>>
>>50037961
Most of the time you wouldn't use it. The time you would is when you really want it.
>>
>>50033776
>>50033908
Thanks much, gents. Added to the list.

Anyone else feel free to get in on this action. Want the warm fuzzy of the knowledge that some anon has your regiment in line for a cameo or supporting role in one of his games? Give 'em to me!
>>
Help me out /tg/, I'm gonna GM Only War for a couple of players completely new both to roleplaying and 40k. They've already created their regiment of sneaky, Sniper Rifle-toting Death Worlders, and I've become a bit stumped... What should be the introductory mission given to such a regiment?
>>
>>50038124
Large scale assassination of a planets PDF force starting with its leadership, simple mission that could be something to cut the players teeth on or could become a larger story if the players fail.

You can do sniper missions, spec ops style combat, skirmishes all the way up to open warfare if things go south.
>>
>>50038124
Counter intelligence op.
Infiltrate, on foot, behind enemy lines, take stock of their arms and any possible armor, report back.
Secondary objective, eliminate/capture enemy officers for interrogation.
Tertiary objective, destroy their ammo dump with the 2 provided demo charges.
>>
File: Specter.jpg (91KB, 406x558px) Image search: [Google]
Specter.jpg
91KB, 406x558px
>>50038124
Depends. Do you have more information on the unit?

Do they deploy in full Regimental force, or are they parceled out by platoon or company to Imperial battle-groups to act as scout-snipers? Are they meant to be assassins, counter-snipers, designated marksmen given to other infantry platoons, or do they report enemy positions to artillery and air assets? Do they operate behind enemy lines, or are they expected to support the main line of battle? If the former, how do they get there? Are the expected to sneak in themselves when the foe is distracted, or are they inserted sneaky-deaky like through a night-time HALO drop?

Gotta give me something to work with, famalamadingdong.
>>
>>50033908
>most proud of raiding cavalry
I know the feel, mang. The cavalry half of this infantry-cavalry Regiment was probably one of my favorite things to write in any Imperial Guard unit I've done.
>>
>>50038155
Well, the regiment ended up being geared towards sneaking behind enemy lines with no Drop Troopers shenanigans. They've got Synskin, Preysense Goggles, and are very lightly armored.

They also have a Regimental Rivalry going, so I'll have to figure out what kind of regiment they're the rivals of.
>>
>>50038182
Keeping track of what the enemy has, where troops are going, possible assassination of small squads that leave and of important people.
>>
>>50038182

Something I like to do is give the Rival Regiment some quirk like all being blond or using a flashy bit of uniform so they can be identified at a distance as "The bloody wankers from X Regiment!"
>>
>>50038211
I've actually been thinking of making their rivals a Nobleborn regiment. What better bunch to contrast with Death Worlders?
>>
>>50038228

If you are going with that you could emphasis the slightly better quality of gear or the better food and treatment they get despite doing slightly less then other regiments.

Don't fall into the trap of making the regiment become a paper tiger, despite being insufferable lazy rich kids they are still a deadly regiment and should be used as such.

The class divide is a very easy one to play off of as chances are your players are not hugely rich and are automatically slightly annoyed at rich snobby people. (I know I am)
>>
>>50038182
Assassinations, scouting from the backfield (what would be more irritating than someone calling in artillery or air strikes from behind you?), occasional guerrilla raids where they go after supplies or poorly-defended depots or weak installations like AA or indirect batteries, the possibilities are pretty high.

And occasionally--when a Lord Commander fucks up or just doesn't care that much--give them a bit of line infantry duty to make them really appreciate how much leeway being what are effectively The White Feather special forces gives them.
>>
>>50038271
I know for a fact that I will definitely have a mission down the line where the players will have to cover the advance of their very rival regiment.
>>
File: asdasds.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
asdasds.pdf
1B, 486x500px
Work work
>>
>>50038172
>I know the feel, mang. The cavalry half of this infantry-cavalry Regiment was probably one of my favorite things to write in any Imperial Guard unit I've done.

Shiet, I'm having about as much fun writing a space lizard riding Dragoon/Recon regiment from the post-apocalyptic ash wastes of a hive world. The combination of carbine armed cavalry and heavy weapon toting Sentinels is pretty hilarious and cool, imo.

Pic related is a strong inspiration.
>>
>>50038281

The thing to remember about Regimental rivalries are that they are inconvenient for commissars and lord commanders, they won't like them and like all good political soldiers they like the rich nice smelling lads better than the alternatives despite how effective they may be.

Officers and commanders in a regiment cannot get involved in minor rival disputes due to the commissat and the overall commanders but will often discreetly support their men and women.

Any conflict that happens between the regiments will see the officers mysteriously disappear for the actual conflict and reappear when it's over or will offer the officer deniability of any involvement, if they don't have deniability they could find a bolt round with there name on it thanks to the lovely commissars.

Here are a few situations I have used in the past in my own only war games.

Privet Larry got his teeth knocked out while on the loo and he says it was X regiment, how do the players get even (Moral loss if they fail to get even)

X Regiment have policed a shipment of X (make it something rather nice to have like krak grenades) marked for the players regiment, how do the players react.

The players regiment have not gotten their food rations and rumour is that X regiment have gotten double rations, what do the players do. (You can get sneaky with this one and have it so X regiment did not get any extra rations or even any rations at all and have the players put themselves in a very sticky situation.)
>>
Dark Heresy 2e : Tech Priest : Replace the weak flesh. All cybernetics are two more available.

One of my players is asking if he can let the player with high influence roll for his cybernetics acquisition while benefiting from this tech priest ability.

I'm thinking NO, but what do you guys think?
>>
>>50039066
No. The techpriest could roll for cybernetics for others perhaps.
>>
>>50038271
>the better food and treatment they get despite doing slightly less then other regiments.
I get so much mileage out of this it's hilarious
>You guys are eating enriched pressed kelp bars, all the nutrients you need and, unfortunately, all the taste of kelp
>The nobleborn are eating bacon mac and cheese MREs and complaining about it
>What will you do?
>>
>>50039066
Short form: No.
Long form: Nooooooooooooooooo.
Actual explanation: The techpriest gets bionics and such cheaper because he is a member in good standing with the priesthood of Mars and gets priority on bionics orders. The nobleborn administratum commerce and influence monkey is not and does not benefit from such. At most, he could Commerce-Fu the Techpriest's own Influence roll, bargaining for him.
>>
>>50034029
Perhaps you could play Hybrids in a genestealer cult, working to prepare for the great uprising you will cause right before the Hive Fleet arrives? You'd get orders from the Broodlord or his Magi, and you could give out leaflets for your totally on-the-level social club or Imperial Faith bible study club. Assassinate authority figures growing suspicious of all the creepy looking bald people. Acquire high quality wigs and spirit gum to help infiltrators stay hidden. Etc.

Which system would be best for this? DH2.0 or Only War?
>>
File: 1473631039592.jpg (22KB, 324x375px) Image search: [Google]
1473631039592.jpg
22KB, 324x375px
Do eldar use cybernetics?
>>
>>50039650
Wraithbone?
>>
>>50039650
Hypothetically they'd use wraithbone if they were forced to, but they have the technology and psychic shenanigans to re-grow lost limbs, organs and the like. It's a lot harder to make cybernetics 'worth it' for Eldar as their biologies are already bullshittingly good at what they're designed for.
>>
>>50039826
I guess some suffer from battle-caused amputations. Wonder what would be their society's stance on it, though.
Also, isn't there art of eldars with bionic eyes?
>>
>>50039650
Yes, they're a lot sleeker and more "organic" looking than human ones, though.
>>
>>50034029
>daemon PCs
It could work; it would probably work far better if every PC was a daemon, though.
>>
Would it make sense if I made an offer to a player in my DH2e game to change things about his character, like background or role, if they don't apply anymore, or the circumstances of their character growth makes the ones they have nonapplicable?
Such as someone whose background was Adeptus Ministorum, role Heirophant, but has broken away from the Ecclesiarchy or become disillusioned taking up the Outcast or Penitent background/roles?
>>
>>50042535
I say no. The background is where they started from. the base upon which the character is built. After the beginning, no amount of development erases the past.
>>
>>50043250
>no amount of development erases the past.
My ministorum character underwent mind cleansing and was given the memories and personality of Gang Xiangbang Wu, an underhive gangster rapist with a murder problem. Do I still use the Ministorum background then?
>>
>>50043324

No, you use no background because I'd kick you out for trying edgy bullshit
>>
>>50043324
Did this rewrite erase the Characteristic bonuses and starting skills you had? If not, then the background remains.
>>
>>50043467
>>I'd kick you out for trying edgy bullshit
>punishing edginess in a 40K game
>>
>>50033029
I've been wanting to play a game of Deathwatch with people, but I always have a hard time with either "railroading" my players or allowing them too much player agency. For Deathwatch I thought I'd get a good balance, but it seems that players tend to think that they have to go on the tactical advice of their Deathwatch captain no matter what, and despite only giving them that advice when they ask for it I run into roadblocks. I'm told the games are fun, but still. I also have a big problem with making missions way above or below somebody's rank. Like taking out an etherreal for rank 1s, or extracting an inquisitor for rank 3s.

The next campaign I want to run involves extracting an inquisitor from a zombie apocalypse on a hive world. The zombies are running fungal daemonspawn, caused by a nurgle uprising. There are hundreds of thousands of these things running around, and they're only just beginning to hit the outlying supercity from the main hive, Spira Majoris. The hive is huge in comparison to other hives, holding several trillion people who then relocate to the outer supercities (of which there are 6) which house manufactorums for assorted goods which are then sent off on the Hive spaceport, located towards its apex.

The inquisitor is in his office in a manufactorum for titan weapons. This planet is of huge importance and has a Space Marine chapter with a full deployment there, as well as a few Blood Ravens to "support". I don't know what space marine chapter it is though, could use some help on where to locate a Hive like this. There are also hydroponic jungles located across the manufactories and supercities, as this planet is mostly a desert. These hydroponic jungles are an old-war artifact, as they're supposed to be used for terraforming (but now make oxygen fuel for production).

I was thinking the SM's would airdrop onto a hydroponic jungle observation area and then move for the inquisitor, only to not be able to be picked up...
>>
>>50043962
...because Heretics have made AA in the surrounding area. Communications would also become jammed (maybe I should put this on a timer instead of having it directly after the inquisitor is picked up?) and thunderbirds wouldn't be available for pickup unless they're closer to the top of the spire (1/2 of the way up). The source of the jamming would be coming from the underhive, so that's also a solution to get out of there. But I'd like some help in finding things they'd find on the way there, and where major fronts would be in the Hive. I imagine since the Hive is mostly meant for recreation (consumer goods and stores) and housing, the main fight would be in the manufactories for the SMs with the underhive mostly unlooked at.
>>
>Rouge Trader has plenty of homebrew material for various needs
>so does Deathwatch, Only War, and Dark Heresy
>but not Black Crusade
why are we cursed so?
>>
>>50044091
What needs do you have?

Black Crusade RAW is pretty flexible
>>
>>50044017
>fungal daemonspawn
>planet has hydroponic jungles
This can't end well

I suggest you look at as much necromunda material as possible. They got great fluff and plothooks for hives. And gangers are bound to be tough as nails in a hive city where a chapters recruits from.
>>
>>50044170
Having chapters recruit from this hive makes me think it'd be a lot more interesting, and would explain why a lot of the gangers in the underhive fell to various chaos influences during the takeover. Should I make it so that a core founding recruits, or should I just consider a smaller space marine chapter or subchapter?

And yes, the players should see their hydroponic jungles start to turn against them, which is really unfortunate as they're one of the only areas that is mostly untouched, as they're the farthest from the Hive.
>>
Is there any rules on drugs and consumables craftsmanship?
>>
>>50044278
Only on what is listed in the drug entries themselves.
>>
>>50044105
I'm going to run a Black Crusade game for the first time soon as my first time GMing at all, and I was hoping to fill out a nice supply of homebrew to patch any hole or give any content my players might like to use.
>>
>>50044371
Just use equipment from other lines and the OW Hammer of the Emperor variant pattern rules.
>>
Are there any rules for playing a Space Marine Scout anywhere?
>>
>>50044620
As in a new Scout or Scout loadout?
>>
>>50044669
Either really. I'm using Deathwatch as a system but this section will revolve around a relevant chapter's scouts while the Deathwatch characters are elsewhere (Players delegated it), and I'd like to have it a playable session instead of descriptor because there will be some juicy plot hints that may or may not be revealed to said scouts.
>>
>>50044734
Just look through the equipment section of the splat books. I think Rites of Battle had the armor.
>>
Do we have any homebrew pdfs, or offical materials about vehicles? I only know about what is listed in RT's Into the storm, and I am suprised that it has the Rhino APC, but not your average chimera among the example vehicles.
>>
>>50044896
Only War and Shield of Humanity is your best bet.
>>
>>50044896
Only War has tons of vehicles.

Deathwatch has spessmuhreen vehicles in Rites of Battle
>>
>>50044896
If you're looking for the Valkyrie, the only one in the entire 40k rpg line is in a RT premade adventure and it is a cargo variant.
>>
So, what's the verdict, when a player in Only War switches to an Advanced Specialty, do they get the talents under "New Talents" as compensation for the +5 characteristic they miss out on? The book doesn't make a damn peep about the issue, only Aptitudes and Specialist Gear.
>>
>>50045099
If they didn't, why would it be listed?
>>
>>50045099
Yes.
>>
File: onlywaraux.jpg (240KB, 1024x494px) Image search: [Google]
onlywaraux.jpg
240KB, 1024x494px
Played a good chunk of onlywar and DH 1.0 inbetween d&D 3.5 to 5. This was around 2012-2013 a cool "Cinematic" shot of the crew

Our chainsmoking lasgun specialist with a fear of climbing - died killing a dozen bloodpact like goddamn Rambo round after round rolling like a champ as the DM tried to railroad him an escape he refused (climbing a ladder).
A mumbling operator that went blind from a friendly fire incident and had bionic eyes. Kills himself using plasma weapons – DM intervention made him mostly bionic. Died from drowning and some hilarious rolls
The clumsy stormtrooper that was never in the right place to use the damn flamethrower. PC could not comprehend positioning. Tanked grenades and a missile launcher shot from encamped cultists and then forgot he was equipped with a flamethrower. Made a famous hellpistol shot that shouldn't have hit in pitch darkness, and 1v1'd our friendly NPC Inquisitor guide in a fist fight. Died to being left by the party in an underground lab and killed by nurgle zombies.
Breacher operator (Tallarn) that demo charged himself - rerolled and killed himself the next TWO sessions in a less than heroic deaths. Piloted a Sentinel when dropping into zones. Has never sustained a hit from anything but his own doings – except the grot that crit him with a pistol when attempting to sneak in.
Sharpshooter aka the TF2 Sniper and about as much consistency showing up late as Larkin's mental state. Didn’t make some sessions, had the chainsmoker take his place and control him.
Field medic that RP'd being afraid of chaos dreams - rerolled as a psyker – died, and we got the field medic's brother back with the same stat sheet.
>>
When does the background bonus of the Abeptus Sororitas come into effect? If I made a Demon World, Sororitas, Mystic (I blame the GM if they let you do this) do I take the 1d10+5 Corruption Points for my choice of homeworld as I don't yet have a background but take Insanity Points instead of the 1d10+3 for being a non AAT Psyker? Is it all one or the other?
Note: I do not recommend this build. Obviously Garden World offers much better synergy.
>>
>>50046098
Only insanity points.
>>
File: Tiji17.png (3MB, 3000x1950px) Image search: [Google]
Tiji17.png
3MB, 3000x1950px
Does anyone know how sector maps like this one were made? Is there a program everyone uses, or is it just photoshop? It needs edits bad, and I don't know how to fix it.
>>
>>50046173
I unfortunately don't know, but there is something else.
I've checked the "Spess Mareen Republican Commando Distribution Document" you posted a while back, and noticed two things.
Since you usually take things that already exist in the tabletop, there is already a laser destroyer in the lathe worlds supplement for DH1. And also I think the Heavy Beam Rule for the Glaive is a very bad representation from the tabletop.
>>
>>50046628
>tabletop
RPG, I meant RPG
>>
>>50046173
Probably done with photoshop originally, icons might've been made with illustrator. Pretty simple to do.
>>
>>50046964

Fuck. I don't have photoshop. MSPaint it is.

>>50046628

I didn't see any laser destroyers in the weapons section. Is it wielded by an enemy?

I've been giving the Glaive some thought for a while now. I think I might end up changing it similar to what I did for the Ordinatus Ulator, a wide blast for the entire range.
>>
>>50039650
Craftworlders, yes. There's art. It looks appropriately Eldaresque.

Dark Eldar don't use cybernetics if they can help it. They strongly prefer getting a replacement vat-grown for them. A deldar with a robot arm is a deldar without money or connections.
>>
>>50044371
> First time running
> Wants even more shit to keep track of
concern.pxr
>>
File: Astra Ingcognita.png (2MB, 1437x915px) Image search: [Google]
Astra Ingcognita.png
2MB, 1437x915px
>>50046173
I just built mine in Powerpoint
>>
>>50044734
Scout Armor is in the Deathwatch Core rulebook. Fancy Deathwatch scout armor and equipment is in Rites of Battle.

> Great big mega
> Crowdsourced combined armory
> Nobody fucking uses them
>>
>>50047047
>I didn't see any laser destroyers in the weapons section.
Because it is listed under Rapier on pg. 63, it's the Het-pattern Rapier Laser Destroyer.

>Glaive
That sounds way better.
>>
File: IT IS A GOOD PAIN.webm (1010KB, 400x330px) Image search: [Google]
IT IS A GOOD PAIN.webm
1010KB, 400x330px
>>50047171
I know about the armor, but I'm more interested in general loadout or talent sets.
>>
>>50047229

They declared the weapon and platform as the same construct instead of modular swapping? What an absolute hassle that causes.
>>
>>50047447
It was first edition, lots of things were improved since then. Also the way it is handled in 40k it's probably just this pattern of rapier that works like that.
>>
>>50033029
>Old thread:

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
What kinds of skills/roles should a balanced 4 player party be able to cover in Dark Heresy II?
>>
>>50048777
You can actually get away with a whole lot of lopsidedness, so long as the people are smart.
I treat DH2e like Shadowrun:
You gotta have a face, the talky guy that can get doors open for you.
You gotta have muscle, but fortunately, this can be one of those doubled up roles because it's not hard to blast a twist.
You gotta have the That Johnson, the one you can turn to who knows the shit, or knows the people who knows the shit.
You gotta have the snake, the one who does the sneaky low down shit, from forging docs to B&E to pickpocketing to wet work. Another one of those double down roles.
The Wrench/Gearhead, The Doc, The Driver, The Mindjob, The Metalhead are all optional roles, but not essential ones.
Do realize in 2e you can easily combine any 2 roles, up to 4 roles in all, per character.
>>
>>50048777
There should be at least one person on the team for each of the following: lore, murder, stealth, tech use, medicae, awareness, and social stuff. Obviously each character should fill more than one niche, and some overlap is always fine.
>>
>>50048777

Ideally, a Techguy and Fightanguy to handle combat and support, and a Faceguy who buys up contacts and social skills. The fourth should address what the other three lack, a flex slot if you will.

Alternatively, all fightan guys can just shoot their way through all problems.
>>
>>50049208
>ll fightan guys can just shoot their way through all problems.
I have never seen this work in a DH game unless the GM was actively enabling it.
>>
What would life be like on a feudal world in Dark heresy? Would the imperium just leave the people alone as long as the tithe is good and there's no heresy? Also would balkanization be a thing since the Imperium doesn't really interfere on these worlds?
>>
>>50049208
Hey, Shas'o, what's your opinions and feelings in regards to Eldar?
>>
File: 1474402797273.jpg (123KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1474402797273.jpg
123KB, 1024x1024px
>>50049686
Yes.
Generally, the Imperial Cult would be present in a big way. Some local deities/nature worship might spring up here and there, but mostly it's God Emperor all the way.
Kingdoms/clans/empires and other groups exist and likely fight each other. The Imperium would only step in if war interferes with the tithe, which at a feudal tech level is unlikely.

High technology is probably present in very limited quantities. The King of one planet in Dark Heresy is noted as being King by virtue of his ownership of a Lasgun. On Acreage, technology is feared as witch craft and visitors usually down grade to the local tech level to avoid suspicion.

The common folk likely do not know that space travel is possible, and only know of the Imperium as a myth or as religious doctrine. On some worlds knowledge of technology may be more widespread, but local conditions have made a more rustic way of life practical.
Mutants and psykers are likely to be kill-on-sight, as such a planet probably doesn't have the facilities to properly contain either.

The Governor may live in an orbital station and only occasionally visit the locals, or may be fully embedded in the planet's hierarchy, either keeping knowledge of the Imperium and their astropathic choir a secret, or openly flaunting them as a sign of dominance and privilege.
>>
>>50050357
So that happened today.

Can anyone give me some hooks for an adventure? One guy rolled up Rambo, one's a Ministorum Priestess, and one's a Lazy Commissar. The other's an Enginseer who wasn't there today.
>>
>>50050477
Valiant defence has galvanised Command's prospects for the area.
Group are considered big fucking heroes, and are called upon to lead various important pushes back into Ork-claimed territory.
Or you know, they're sent to areas in danger of falling to the enemy to try and bolster flagging morale, what with them having both a Priest AND a Commissar.
>>
>>50033029
You fucking piece of shit retard. Don't purposely admit useful content because you've got fucking sadistic tendencies about provoking other autists.

>>49956966

I think this is the previous thread.
>>
>>50050790
omit...
>>
>>50044924
>>50044933
>>50045040
I might get shouted at for this, but do we have anything for the new Taurox?
>>
>>50051244
No. There is the tauros and centaur though.
>>
>>50044896
Last thread had a reckless disregard for human life, with droptrooper vehicles, and another pdf with valkyries, vultures and vendettas.
>>
I am working on an only war game where the players will play as the main strike team of a regiment and collectively as the Commander of the regiment.

The mission I have in mind will involve the regiment being sent to an Imperial world that is currently split between two governments and being given the following objectives.

Objective Primus.

Consolidate the two PDF forces and respective governments however you deem fit.

Install the Arch Militant attachment as planetary governor and ensure he is not killed.

Objective Secundus.

Raise two regiments of ten thousand men each from the local population.

Increase the annual tithe by Five percent.

ensure the attached Cadet Commissar is not killed and can report back to the local Sector Grand Lord General at the end of the year.

ensure that the population is not reduced by more than five percent.

Do you have an ideas for problems that could arise for the regiment to contend with?

As a side-note the regiment will be ten thousand men and the planetary PDF forces are both five hundred thousand men with an ultimate planetary population of around five hundred million.
>>
>>50051497
Chaos cults, genestealer cults, normal cults, secessionists, people who believe that 'their side' should get better treatment, some flaw in equipment, lack of resupply or delayed resupply, chaos invading, orks invading, dark eldar raid, regular eldar raid, necrons, general heresy, and the planet smelling weird.
>>
>>50051715

I was planning on holding back on cult activity and keeping it as a backup encase the players do very well or as a means of showing that things have gotten very out of hand.

There will be a lack of resupply shortly after deployment defiantly, forcing the players to make use of local assets will be a big deal.

For example I have the map of an Artillery Manufactorum made up in roll20 that the players will have a lot of choice in how they deal with it.
>>
Has anyone ever had a Black Crusade game without party infighting?
>>
>>50051244
DH2e has the Taurox, should be easy enough to lift wholesale.
>>
>>50051844
I think you are meant to have party infighting, I had a group that was ALMOST cohesive once, but I had a Khorne berzerker and a tzeentch psyker who hated each other, the players I found out later where also not very fond of each other something I did not know about until the game was over and explained quite a bit of how they acted, great roleplay however.
>>
>>50033029
I know there's a bunch of funny Dark Heresy meme pics, like OP's or the "Catholic Space Nazis" one, or the drawing someone did of the cast of Archer as DH acolytes, but are there any funny memes for Rogue Trader? I think I'll need them to help sell RT to my 3.PF group.
>>
>>50051875
Yeah I expect it to happen at some point, but it's always within the first few games that people are at each others throats and I hate it
>>
>Playing Deathwatch with the boys
>On a hive world assaulted by traitor marines
>Main objective is to kill their leader
>Come across a plaza with a single Khornate marine on his knees surrounded by dead traitors and loyalists
>Tells us he's weary of killing and regrets betraying the Emperor
>Asks us to kill him

Is this even possible? We ended up recruiting him on a redemption mission and all, but I'm not sure if that's something that would happen in the first place.
>>
File: Harlock.jpg (36KB, 320x480px) Image search: [Google]
Harlock.jpg
36KB, 320x480px
>>50051977
>>
>>50052204
Is it possible for one out of millions of traitor marines to regret what they have done? Yes, actually a huge number of them do, they just cant do anything about it or see themselves as too far gone to save or have just become quite mad.
>>
>>50052204
Nah khornates are too far gone really. Especially in the midst of a battle.
>>
>>50052204
Yes, though usually traitor marines are too far gone. He COULD become a black shield.
>>
File: tmp_8168-CRSKEI8-1766194094.jpg (111KB, 620x936px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_8168-CRSKEI8-1766194094.jpg
111KB, 620x936px
>>50051977
Not really a Rogue Trader meme, but it sums up our game pretty well.
>>
>>50052289
>>50052312
Seems reasonable enough then, we still haven't figured out what to do with the guy but I guess we'll see.

>>50052292
Well it was post-battle, though I do have my suspicions about Khornates as well.
>>
>>50052426
It could be a tzeenchian marine posing as a khornate marine and will betray you when you least expect it 10 years down the line.
>>
File: 1349986702550.png (476KB, 792x887px) Image search: [Google]
1349986702550.png
476KB, 792x887px
>>50052204
>>
>>50049991
Don't planets also have thites for the Black Ships to keep? Otherwise how would the Emperium ensure that there will be enough psykers for the Golden Throne?
>>
>>50052840
I don't think there are tithes for Psykers, the fact of the matter is that there are SO MANY sources of Psykers that getting one Psyker for every one hundred planets a year would feed the Golden Throne many times over.
>>
>>50052840
Sending Psykers to the Black Ships is a core part of the Imperial Tithe, but it's not a quota to fill with a certain number, just 'you find any witches and they're not committing heresy/being 'respectable' members of society? Give 'em to the Ships on their next run.'
>>
>>50052883
In DH2 it is described that Juno has hellish pits where unsanctioned psyker are kept waiting for the Black Ships, pits that risk overflowing with nightmares and insanity, since you never know when the ships could arrive. Why bother with keeping the psykers, then, if they could just drop promethium into the pits and purge them all at once?
>>
>>50052933
Killing them is not grimdark enough.

You know this to be true!
>>
>>50052980
... I honestly cannot argue with that.
>>
>>50052933
I always ruled that in my games, most planets have a "Black Tower" run by the Ad Astra Telepathica that keeps psykers in some form of restraint (Cryostasis, anti-psy cells, medical comas, or whatever, depending on local resources), while also serving as a central recieve/send node for local astropaths. They actually are towers made of black metal or stone, and feral and feudal populations view them with exactly as much awe and dread as you would imagine.
>>
>>50053020
I like that, it almost ought to be official
>>
What bonuses would a member of The Hanged get in deathwatch.
>>
>>50053070
+10 Intimidate.

-10 on fellowship interactions with anybody who isn't part of The Hanged.
>>
>>50033029
Hey /tg/, in about a month from now I'll be DMing a Black Crusade campaign for four of my friends (I've played in two RPG campaigns before, but never as the DM) but I'm finding it hard to come up with a good intro campaign. I dont want to be too heavy since one of the players is new to the setting, and the other three vary in experience from quite knowledgeable to moderate. Do you have any tips you think could help me?

Thanks in advance
>>
>>50053353
Make them fight necrons.
>>
>>50052094
If you want a game where the team works as a cohesive, well oiled machine play Deathwatch

Me and my best bro are in the middle of a BC campaign as a Khorne Champion and a Tzeentch Sorc, our characters have nearly killed each other a dozen times and my Khornate has ruined half of the Sorc's justasplanneds to usually hilarious and effective results.

Just part of the game
>>
>>50053353
Step 1:
Read all the things.

Step 2:
Isn't there usually an intro campaign inside the book?
>>
>>50053353
It's Black Crusade, let them set their own goals. Then find an excuse to jam them all into a party and watch the fireworks
>>
>>50049208
>Shas
Would you be so kind to release another version of the WIP stuff for republican commando after you updated the glaive?
>>
>>50034329

I haven't been following W40K for a while, can you please explain just how that happened?
>>
>Tfw found out Enginseer never spent ANY of his exp.
>He also has bionic arms and legs
>He then pumps Agility and Dodge
>now has 68 agility with +20 dodge
Time to send them against blast weapons and flame weapons.
>>
Relatively new player starting my first game of Dark Heresy 1st ed soon, playing a Scum and looking to be a greedy dosh king. Any general advice?
>>
>>50053984
That character can run approx. 165 mph.

WHY!?
>>
>>50054091

omnissiah says gotta go fast
>>
>>50054091
WHY NOT
>>
>>50053353
I'm in a similar position as you, and so far the best answer seems to be >>50053489

Just put your players on the surface of a planet that won't kill them immediately, and then let them work something out.
>>
>>50053984
So he started with 48 agility?
>>
>>50054293
No. he had 2.5k exp.

He had 38 agility, then +20 for the implants, then +10 for spending it on agility.
>>
>>50054310
Please show me where it says it adds +20 to the characteristic. All I see is a +20 to jump or leap.
>>
>the tome of decay provides rules for playing as daemon princes
has anybody ever actually used those rules? It seems pretty unlikely for a player to both reach that level, and for a GM to find the idea of letting a player be a DP acceptable.
>>
>>50054337
Hey, you're right actully. They were wrong, fortunately.

He still has a crap ton of exp he can spend though.

>>50054353
Maybe for when you want to run a fun high-powered monster mash sort of game?
>>
>>50054353
Besides some things, daemon princedom in BC isn't that big of a boost. +10 wounds for ascending is a joke when most of them have at least 75+ with the example in the core book having 105 wounds.
>>
>>50054362
Should double check their character sheets while you're at it to make sure they aren't pulling any fast ones on you.
>>
>>50053660
Spoilers for Pharos ahead (it's Horus Heresy novel #34).

The Ultramarines discover a xenos device that takes up the majority of a mountain on this world at the edge of the 500 Worlds of Ultramar (Imperium Secundus at this point really). This xenos device uses some sort of empathy magic/technology where you focus on a place and are able to remote view it and later teleport through the mirage to it. This is important because they are able to communicate through the daemonic Ruinstorm that's screwing up communication and logistics throughout the 500 Worlds.

This world is garrisoned by an Ultramarines Company, Barbaras Dantioch's loyalist Iron Warriors, and some of Alexis Polux's Imperial Fists. The Night Lords under Kukresh (I think?) assault the world and the loyalists are forced to overload and self-destruct the Pharos device to stop it from falling into Traitor hands. This massive, Astronomican-esque burst of psychic and empathy-signal draw the attention of the Tyranid Hive Fleet's vanguard organisms.
>>
>>50053660
Basically instead of the Emperor's Astronomican being the beacon that summoned the Tyrannids, instead it was a Pharos, a xeno teleporter warp beacon thingy that gets used and abused in that book.
>>
File: 1469247054348.jpg (12KB, 251x206px) Image search: [Google]
1469247054348.jpg
12KB, 251x206px
>>50054581
>>50054630
Why? For what reason was this being added necessary?
>>
File: image.jpg (55KB, 540x304px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55KB, 540x304px
How would you run a game set before and/or during the Horus Heresy?
Deathwatch, transitioning to Black Crusade if they turn traitor? I've also heard of using the Only War rules for comrades, in case your marine gets blasted.
What home brews would you use?
>>
>>50054654
It wasn't.

Pretty much any lore in 40K involving the Space Marines is complete and utter shit, and when I say that the setting would be so much better without them there to be fellated by GW in the fluff I mean it 100%

Hell, the Heresy is basically the only event in the lore that gets any kind of attention beyond glorified footnotes.
>>
I like games that are more intrigue, politics, and socially oriented. Do 40k rpgs work for that type of game?
>>
>>50054883
Black Crusade and Rouge Trader are a bit more suited to that kind of thing then the others, especially the former.
>>
>>50054855
Now you're just being a spergy neckbeard
>>
>>50054904
Huh, I thought black crusade was just the murderiest murder hobo simulator, just going by subject matter, but I'm happy to be wrong. I'll check it out.
>>
Could an eldar without a soulstone sustain himself the way dark eldar do?

Could dark eldar become a psyker if he acquired a soulstone to protect his soul with?
>>
Is it reasonable to let Daemon Princes buy Daemon Engine qualities of the fitting alignment, like the Warpflame Vents fir a Tzeentch Prince?
>>
>>50054855
>>the Heresy is basically the only event in the lore that gets any kind of attention beyond glorified footnotes.
>YWN get novels or games set during the Nova Terra Interregenum when the Imperium's power decayed to basically nothing and the Imperium was at its most Holy Roman Empire ever
>YWN have games or novels set at the height of the Age of Apostasy where church and state were one and the same, and fire burned in hearts and pyres everywhere
Feels bad, man.
>>
>>50054949
It is with most players, but it has a lot of potential
>>
>>50054383
Nah, they just read the rules wrong.

Already checked.
>>
File: ImperialGuardTriumphant.jpg (110KB, 787x538px) Image search: [Google]
ImperialGuardTriumphant.jpg
110KB, 787x538px
Guys, I'm setting up an Only War campaign with five people and they've decided they want YOU to have a hand in crafting their regiment.

Make one up with stats and basic premise and dump it here, and they'll decide together in a few days which one they like most.

They did say they want it to be "plausible" within the 40k universe... which shouldn't limit you much.
>>
>>50055571
As in that is the only requirement?
>>
>>50055571

Do they want a guard or admech based regiment?
>>
>>50055571
>they want YOU to have a hand in crafting their regiment.
That's not having a hand in crafting it, that's "We are lazy and want you to do our work for us". Tell your players to get off their asses and decide that shit.
>>
>>50055571
Why should we work for those lazy faggots?
>>
>>50055690

Yes.

>>50055770

It'll be a Guard campaign.

>>50055808

I get the feeling they think you'll inflict something awesomely hilarious to play.
>>
>>50054353
I played a high stakes, high tension game of Black Crusade once, by the time we were burning the Calixis Sector we had a Nurgle Daemon Prince in our midst. Fun times were had.
>>
>>50056086
>we had a Nurgle Daemon Prince in our midst.
And in your lungs, and on your boots, and in your heart, and in your prostate, and in your sinuses....
>>
>>50055571
Have they expressed any inkling towards a specific kind of regiment?

Alternatively, what kind of campaign and missions do YOU want to play? That's an important factor for regiment creation.
>>
>>50055571

Homeworld: Fortress World (+3 Ballistic, +3 Willpower, Hated enemy is "The Lost & Damned")
Commander: Fixed
Regiment type: Mechanized Infantry
Doctrines: Close Order Drill, Iron Discipline
Additional Kit: Upgrade Lasgun to Good, add autopistol sidearm, gas mask, micro-bead
Favoured Weapons: Grenade launcher, Autocannon

A millennia old bastion against nearby Chaos infested systems, this world is a hard military society where children start their training not long after learning to speak, and is highly prized by imperial commanders for the guardsmen it produces.
>>
>>50056101
any stories to tell, anon?
>>
>>50056186
Meant for >>50056086, apologies
>>
>>50056111

Nope. And while I have a star sector and general conflict set up, I want the regiment to be utilized properly by command when they can be bothered to check their notes so while they're part of large scale guard invasions/reinforcements the actual missions they'll be sent on will be designed to their specialty.
>>
>>50033029
>about to start a Dark Heresy 2e campaign in a couple weeks
>I'm likely going to be playing the psyker
I'm so pumped. I just hope that it goes well.
>>
>>50049208
Doesn't the Colossus Bombard ignore cover in the tabletop?
>>
File: 31e.jpg (37KB, 442x434px) Image search: [Google]
31e.jpg
37KB, 442x434px
100% newfag here, only done basic tabletop, trying to do online p&p RPG games. I have all the rule books, I'd just like some pointers, like what to use (ie: roll 20, tabletop simulator. etc)

>Side note, Is there any discord servers for this board?
>>
So what exactly are the rules and regulations of the Imperial Guard that a fortress world guardsmen would have a hard time going against?
>>
>>50056929
Bed time, wake time, meal time, drill time, prayer time, latrine time, uniform neatness, weapon readiness, uplifting primer purity, etc.
>>
>>50055969
Posted these guys once before in this general.

Characteristic Modifiers: +3 Weapon Skill, +3 Ballistic Skill, +3 Agility, -3 Toughness
Starting Skills: Awareness, Linguistics (Low Gothic), Survival, Common Lore (Ecclesiarchy, Imperial Creed), Operate (Surface), Tech-Use
Starting Talents: Resistance (Fear) OR Resistance (Cold) OR Resistance (Radiation), Combat Sense OR Accelerated Repairs, Hatred (Orks)

Standard Kit: 1 laspistol +2 clips (Main Weapon), 1 flak vest, 1 knife, 2 weeks rations, 1 set of magnoculars, 1 Tauros, 1 Inhaler, 3 doses of Frenzon, 1 suit of IG flak armor, 2 hunting lances
Favored Weapons: Meltagun, Missile Launcher

Resourceful
+1d5+2d10 Insanity Points
Scavangers bonus
Lost Homeworld comrade replacement thing
Normal Wounds

Post Cataclysmic, Supine, Rapid Recon, Scavengers, Combat Drugs, Lost Homeworld
>>
File: Mark_1_Helm.jpg (21KB, 236x286px) Image search: [Google]
Mark_1_Helm.jpg
21KB, 236x286px
When/If GW makes a new RPG (or licences it) do you want a 30k version?
Personally I'm more interested in a Terran Unification setting. Thunder Warriors, Psychic Warlords and shit would be rad.
>>
>>50056223
>>50055571
Alright Anon, made you a regiment of former Hive gangers and other scum specializing in clearing out Underhives and other, exceptionally cramped, deadly and shitty environments.

Homeworld: Hive world
Commanding Officer: Choleric
Regiment type: Close Assault Regiment
Training Doctrine: Close Quarters Battle
Equipment Doctrine: Combat Drugs
Drawback: Cloud of Suspicion

Characteristics: +3 Ag, +3 Per, +3 Weapon Skill, -3 intelligence

Skills: Common Lore(Imperium), Deceive, Linguistics(Low Gothic), Dodge or Parry

Talents: Heightened Senses(Hearing), Paranoia, Unremarkable, Rapid Reaction, Lightning Reflexes, Enemy(Adeptus Arbites), Double Team or Combat Master

Accustomed to Crowds: No penalty to dense crowds

Hivebound: -10 to Survival test in nature

Untimely Inquiries: Whenever the regiment or the squad fails an objective, the regiment's detractors rear their ugly head and start investigating its loyalty. While such an investigation takes place, all
members of it suffer -5 WP.

Close Quarters Battle: +10 points to all BS tests made at Point Blank range.

-1 starting wounds

Standard Regimental Kit: One combat shotgun and four reloads, one Autopistol and two reloads as sidearm, one suit of Light Carapace armour, three Frag grenades, two Krak grenades, one smoke grenade, one Mono knife, one gas mask, one micro-bead, one Injector, five doses of Stimm, one uniform, one set of poor weather gear, one rucksack, one set of basic tools, one mess kit and water canteen, one blanket and sleep bag, one rechargeable lamp pack, one grooming kit, one set of cognomen tags, one instructional handbook, two weeks' supply of combat sustenance rations per Player Character
>>
>>50057945
Oh, and Favoured weapons are Plasma gun and Heavy Flamer, I guess.
>>
I'm playing in a Dark Heresy (1st ed) game for the first time, going to try and make a melee focused assassin. DM is letting me use some method of point buy, but anything that isn't in the core rulebook needs his approval.

Any tips for character creation and the game itself? Anything I should look out for as the game goes on?
>>
>>50058560

You'll need, high Agility, WS and preferably Toughness and Willpower. I won't help you build your char more than that.
Early on melee will be very dangerous for you, try to avoid very strong enemies or groups of enemies until you have a few talents that help you out in those situations.
Even if you are melee, have a shooty weapon, preferably something fully automatic so you can suppress the enemy.
Grenades are king, they can help you disable or weaken stronger opponents.

The rest you'll figure out as you go.
>>
>>50052271
>>50051977
>>
>>50054248
True, I'll have a think about it. Thanks.
>>
File: 1.png (464KB, 1381x820px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
464KB, 1381x820px
>>50051977
The Laertes Olivares guide to Practical Fashion in the Grim Darkness of the Far Future.
>>
File: 2.png (670KB, 1361x815px) Image search: [Google]
2.png
670KB, 1361x815px
>>50059638
>>50051977
>>
File: 3.png (547KB, 1217x837px) Image search: [Google]
3.png
547KB, 1217x837px
>>50059654
>>50051977
>>
File: 4.png (251KB, 1369x770px) Image search: [Google]
4.png
251KB, 1369x770px
>>50059668
>>50051977
>>
File: 5.png (517KB, 1361x815px) Image search: [Google]
5.png
517KB, 1361x815px
>>50059684
>>50051977
>>
The Skitarii in the 'Mars needs more women' pdf are horrendously powerful, god damn.
>>
So for a Techmarine with Weapon use - Plasma or Melta?

Does the range really kill Melta that bad?
>>
>>50060329
In my experience with Only War, Melta is pretty good. You just gotta use cover smartly, and be able to haul ass like there's no tomorrow both towards and away from your target.
>>
File: wineandwar.jpg (75KB, 594x478px) Image search: [Google]
wineandwar.jpg
75KB, 594x478px
So I'm starting an Only War campaign and I want to almost play it with a horror twist, to reflect just how utterly shitty it is the be a guardsman.

I want the players to to roll fear checks for shit like artillery bombardments, forlorn hopes, and being blown into space. I'm also thinking about making them roll WP during downtime to avoid getting insanity but letting them get bonuses for smoking, drinking, and generally palling around on their down time. Do you think this would be an interesting mechanic or does it seem tedious?
>>
>>50057256
>Terran Unification setting

Yes please.
>>
>>50059874

I've found they're powerful compared to a regular common guardsman, but they match up to what skitarii are supposed to to kind of well.
>>
File: nosurrender.png (323KB, 400x551px) Image search: [Google]
nosurrender.png
323KB, 400x551px
Has anyone played pic related?
>>
>>50061184
You know, I was planning to run it, but then I realized I'd be running it for specialist close-assault void infantry, and it just sucked the fun out of the first quarter of things when I knew the PCs would laugh at most of the "Oh shit void combat is hard" stuff.
>>
File: Halo SHIT SHIT SHIT.jpg (60KB, 500x270px) Image search: [Google]
Halo SHIT SHIT SHIT.jpg
60KB, 500x270px
>>50056844

It does not. However, given how barrage and blast weapons work in the RPG, it is possible to not get cover from the weapon depending on where it lands. You still calculate damage from the blast's origin, after all.

>>50049865

I hate craftworld eldar. If I need a punching bag enemy I pull them out. I have no strong feelings regarding corsairs and harlequins. Dark Eldar a best.

>>50053549

I've got a few new updated things in here. It's so new I haven't even sent it to my players yet.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/1a5knb1wbgzo8hh

The Glaive's heavy beam has been fucked with.
The Stormbird's weapon loadout has been altered based on Codex LAADA.
The Laser Destroyer has been standardized in terms of damage.
The Recon Marine is in there, too now. It's got mostly talents from Only War. Nothing really creative there. Just disregard the Destroyer for now, he's getting reworked. Otherwise, there are now all 4 specialties to add to the ones in core for Great Crusade / Horus Heresy games.

Naturally, the stuff in the distribution document is only the stuff that applies to everyone - the Variable Fighter Strike Suits and other things were removed. Nobody gets those but me~
>>
Can anyone enlighten me to why you would ever take a Plasma gun or even a Melta over a Storm Bolter? Even with the additional pen, the sheer volume of Tearing shots makes the math go way on the side of the Storm Bolter
>>
>>50061529
The two reasons you want to use them in the table top. Killing heavy infantry and killing vehicles.
>>
>>50061578

Melta for vehicles, yes. But the storm bolter pure outperforms plasma in every way possible.
>>
>>50061578
Even so, what's the point? Maybe against something with horrific armor sure, but really what bother semi autoing up to 2 shots of Maximal plasma for 2d10+9 with 10 pen then have no ability to shoot the next round when you could full auto up to 8 hits of 2d10+5 with 5 pen and do the same next round? That's not even counting Kraken ammo to boost the pen of the Storm.

Even for Melta that thing had better be more heavily armored than the Emperor's asshole to make it worth it over a Storm Bolter.
>>
>>50061644

Storm Bolters with special ammo, Autocannons, and Biocorrosive Rotor Cannons are the holy trinity of the 40kRPGs. There is literally nothing those three guns can't take down with ease.
>>
>>50061644
>not playing with the erratta
Anon, come on man.
>>
>>50061616
>>50061644
>>50061680
>ITT Deathwatch players that have never fought a boarding action.
>>
>>50061992
>using a Multimelta on a boarding action

Shooting a hole through the side of the ship is fun
>>
Speaking of Deathwatch, how can I make the dankest of all Devestators.

what advanced specialty would i look for
>>
>>50062022
>play without errata
>take a heavy bolter
>take everything that improves shooting and horde damage
>get a fire selector
>get a backpack of metalstorm ammo
>get spare kraken round mags
>kill anything and everything you encounter

The thing you need to worry about is a Smite Librarian. Because he'll make you look like an asshole in comparison.
>>
>>50062006
It is if you don't care about the atmospherics situation on the vessel you are boarding because you have the equipment to blithely operate in a vacuum and many of your opponents do not.

I mean, if all you are doing is smash and grab, or "break this area in particular/kill important command staff" etc, you don't need the ship in good shape. Blowing holes in the ship is actually a good thing in that case.

You also might want to get through certain bulkheads or doors even if you are very careful not to breach the hull because otherwise you just don't have an efficient way to get through toughish stuff.

If you reasonably expect opposition to your action to include particularly well armored troops or even vehicles/heavy ass servitors/dreadnaughts, you might also want one.

While seemingly silly, it's not entirely implausible in 40k for their to be areas something like that might operate in. If you are going to be fucking around on a transport or something with transport capacity you might actually run into stuff like that too. Or it might decide to run into you.

I mean, who's going to stop a Chaos Dreadnaught/Hellbrute from tearing the ship apart to attack you if it wakes up and wants to do it?

I can totally see a Deffdread doing the same thing too. Also a lot of especially HUGE cybork Warbosses. Ghazzie might do it if he thought he needed to.
>>
>>50062128
Even against a Vehicle, how much extra mileage are you expecting to get from that Pen on the Melta? If you're firing at range you only have 5 more pen than a Storm with Kraken rounds, but you're firing 1 shot compared to full autoing the Storm for up to 8 hits. Sure, you can get up and rub your balls on a Dreadnought because that plan has certainly never, ever backfired, but even then you're still only firing one 2d10+8 shot even if you're working with 26 pen. And you're going to land most of those full auto hits due to size anyways. Even if you only manage to do 4-5 wounds per hit you'll still come out ahead of the Melta.
>>
>>50053070

Forbidden Lore: Shitty Forced Memes
Enemy: Everyone
>>
>>50054855

The Space Marines, despite being the most popular part of 40k, are easily the worst part of 40k: plot armor, use as deus ex machinas, impossibly bad fluff/tabletop discontinuity, the fucking works.
>>
>>50062228
Well 8 shots from a storm bolter against a deff dread is going to do 0 damage. Whereas a melta at short range is going to do an average of 14 damage.

So that 26 pen is going to go a long long way.
>>
>>50062544
Granted, there are a handful of enemies where you need a lot of pen.

But you're also getting within 10 meters of it to do that damage. That's a really great way to become ground beef. There's probably a better approach.
>>
>>50062603
Oh you don't get it.Deathwatch isn't about fighting things safely and calculating what the best damage is.

Deathwatch is about dying as so awesomely that the rest of the Kill Team goes "Damn, that guy was cool."
>>
I'd like to send my DH2 group to a daemon world but am drawing a blank for the reason why. They're definitely more shooty than they are sneaky so a stealth mission would be painful as fuck. Any ideas?
>>
>>50062717
Why do you want to send them to a daemon world in the first place?
>>
>>50062807
They expressed interest in doing something that involved daemons and their kin that wasn't the usual "hurr durr cultists." Far be it from me to stop them.
>>
>>50062843
Gellar Field Failure+Warp Drive Failure
>>
File: cultist.jpg (117KB, 942x848px) Image search: [Google]
cultist.jpg
117KB, 942x848px
>>50053353
Well, the quickstart adventure that they released for free isn't bad. It's a classic "You're all in jail and you bust out together!" kind of set up, giving the pcs a decent if not particularly original reason to work together.
In general, I would try to get the following clear with your players:
>What they want to do
>How they know each other
>Why they stick together
"Evil" campaigns tend to have a problem of everyone deciding to be Starscream and betray everyone else, and while that can be fun if you know what you're doing, I think it's a good idea to set the ground rules that your characters all want to work together for one reason or another.
Knowing what your players expect/desire from a game is a good idea too. If one person once a tense, low level, gritty game of intrigue and betrayal, and another wants high-flying non-stop action, you're gonna have a tough time making everyone and yourself happy. Just ask them for one or two things they're interested in exploring in the setting, and let that start gelling. If somebody says they want to hatch machiavellian schemes, and another says they wants to test their mettle against the Astartes, then you can start weaving a plot about corrupting a planet used as a recruiting ground by the space marines.

Also, 40krpg's combat is pretty in-depth. While not as clunky as some systems, it's definitely got a lot of crunch if you're using all the options. With unfamiliar players, I try to limit the game to 1-2 combats per session at most. I like to think of a combat as being the highlight of a particular plot arc, rather than as something you throw at players casually as in DnD. It's also very deadly and can lead to horribly crippled characters, so ensuring that every battle is of some significance can mitigate that somewhat. Getting your leg shot off by some mook with a musket is dissappointing, but it becomes a great story when it's in a heated battle to obtain an artifact of unlimited power.
>>
>>50062843
Wrap them up in the inquisitorial shadow war. They bust in on said inquisitor making a daemon host. They fuck up the ritual and the entire building/ship gets ripped into the warp and smashes into said daemonworld.

Now they have to work with this Inquisitor and deal with his bullshit and in the mean time figure out how to get off that fucking horrible place.
>>
Since dark heresy is fantasy flight does that mean it's going out of print?
>>
File: tumblr_odkiumngHa1rqbb3do1_400.png (149KB, 298x600px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_odkiumngHa1rqbb3do1_400.png
149KB, 298x600px
>>50063397
Yup. It's already out of print.
>>
File: 1474431813764.jpg (127KB, 1600x1042px) Image search: [Google]
1474431813764.jpg
127KB, 1600x1042px
>>50062332
>>50054855
>>50054968
I kind of agree.
I think the sweet spot was early 3rd edition. SM are tough, reliable, and terrifying, but *NOT* invincible. 100 Space Marines can win a war... by securing a vital bridgehead, taking out enemy command, or holding the line long enough to get reinforcements, not by wading blithely into the enemy hordes and getting shot a million times. They regularly get beaten when their enemies are clever, or luck runs out, or they can't coordinate properly. Hell, there was that wonderful piece of fluff about Inquisitor Mendoza burning Black Templars at the stake. I've tried to include more of that in my games: the Space Marines are a powerful faction, but they have to play nice because there are huge swathes of the Imperium who know exactly how bad things get when SM decide they want to run their own show.
I don't hate SM, I actually love 'em, but they need to be challenged and collared a little more regularly in fluff. Their victories don't feel special anymore, because so much fluff portrays them as totally invincible, answering to no one and only ever getting defeated when they make a heroic last stand that cripples their enemies. Let's see them get ganked a little more, or need rescuing, or play politics and fail, or hell just have them show up and help out but not steal all the glory for themselves.
>>
>>50063746
Weren't Mendoza and his associates brutally slaughtered?
>>
>>50063746
>>50063783
And declared heretics?
>>
File: GuardsmanArt.jpg (76KB, 336x693px) Image search: [Google]
GuardsmanArt.jpg
76KB, 336x693px
So I'm confused. If Cadian guardsmen are among the top tier most talented and successful regiments out there, why are they the ones used to visually depict the generic ill-equipped/trained ones that die by the thousands to the enemy and hundreds to the commissars?
>>
>>50063811
Multiple reasons:

>Muh Grimdark!
>Cadians are regarded as one of the greatest regiments, so much so that their pattern of equipment and training is seen as a relative standard among a sizable portion of the Imperial Guard. Just because they look like Cadians, doesn't mean they are.
>Because the plot demands it.
>>
File: 1473917380308.jpg (214KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1473917380308.jpg
214KB, 800x800px
>>50063783
>>50063797
Mendoza was assassinated, possibly by Astartes or by other factions in the Inquisition. Those responsible for his death are not known, but the Templars and the Assassinorum are the two top suspects. Notably, old fluff had it that the Astartes have a strong mistrust of the Assassinorum, due to them being suspected of having exterminated Chapters in the past, so the two working together would be unusual.
He was not declared a heretic, unless that was later added to fluff.
Frankly, if it was I'd be disappointed. Mendoza seems like a great Monodominant: his zeal lets him go after the seemingly untouchable, and no one complains when he dies. I could dig if he was being manipulated the whole time, the Astartes learn that the Inquisition will fuck their shit right up if they don't play nice, while other Monodominants learn that they can't run rough shod over every tradition of the Imperium in the name of faith, and whoever was pulling Mendoza's strings gets to walk away with clean hands.
>>
>>50063811
Cadians are some of the best, but because of that everyone copies their shit. Realistically speaking, the only way to maintain their reputation is if most of the Cadians you see getting their asses kicked are just Cadian lookalikes, dudes copying their kit because fuck it, these dudes are awesome and they use it!

I'm kind of irritated they gave the Cadians such a reputation that you'd need to make that leap for them to make sense. Especially when, from a meta perspective, the Cadians are just supposed to be the generic vanilla space soldier trope so that players who prefer to start as bland as possible have somewhere to begin. They're the USCMC in 40k, the film Starship Troopers' pathetic excuse for Mobile Infantry who had props so forgettable that Joss Whedon kidnapped them and painted them purple for his Alliance soldiers in Firefly. Just some generic-as-shit looking motherfuckers with basic helmets, body armor, and guns to throw at the enemy and appreciate for their pluck.

The Imperial Guard has so many flavors of awesome, why say that your best is the vanilla cake of space soldiers? That's like claiming the Ultramarines are the best. They're not the best, they're just the mid-line.
>>
>>50063811
I think it's mostly this:>>50064126
Cadians aren't invincible by any stretch. They panic, get executed for cowardice, etc. But they're supposed to be very professional, and most of the Guard models itself on them.
It happens a decent amount in the real world, after all.
>>
How do you prevent low power Only War games from turning into Dads army?
>>
>>50064289
Why would you want to prevent that?
>>
>>50064289
Dad's army?
>>
>>50064508
Its a English Comedy show about WW2, its very good check it out.
>>
File: brontian longknives.jpg (952KB, 1378x1900px) Image search: [Google]
brontian longknives.jpg
952KB, 1378x1900px
>>50060590
I'd focus on physical fatigue, awful things happening to you and your pals, and the sheer repetition and uselessness of army stuff to convey the shittyness. If they're good players the characters will become mad or jaded by themselves.

Making them roll madness for mundane things has a risk of ridiculous results, and makes the players lose control of their characters, which is the only way they have to interact with the world.

I've been in a few games of CoC where the GM's constant calls for san checks made players advance blindfolded while burning everything on their path. Horror loses its impact in such cases.

Simply make them roll normally for fear, pining, and critical injuries, and play the pessimistic voice in their heads everytime before they roll. "Don't get up or you're gonna die", "It's already too late for him, no use in wasting medical supplies", "nobody would ever know if you put a bullet in his back"...
And the chances for social interactions, new contacts, investigations and character development should be sufficient to make them seek downtime. Not to mention rest and not being shot at.

I got a homebrew fatigue system for long marches and sentry duty, I'll dust it and post it here.

>>50061209
No problem in letting them shine in their specialty once in a while. They're gonna question their choice of regiment if they always fight out of their depth.

>>50063746
The Deathwatch going from Inquisition founded to chapter founded didn't help in that regard.
>>
>>50038271
>still a deadly regiment
This for sure. Historically the most effective military units are drawn from either the "school of hard knocks", or from an extremely patriotic upper crust who've wanted to be in an elite unit since they were children and whose parents drilled them for that task.
>>
>>50063746
>just have them show up and help out but not steal all the glory for themselves.
>50 chapter masters, lead by the chapter master of the Ultramarines, descend on Terra after the Beheading
>they force the fighting factions of the Adeptus Terra to choose a new set of leaders
>once done, they all leave, returning to prosecute whatever wars they were doing before having to come lend a stern hand to "politics"
I personally want more stories where SMs do shit with their influence that isn't another fight.
>>
>>50062603
You must be fucking fun at parties
>>
how special snowflake is it of me to make a Sanguinary Priest Lamenter for deathwatch

on a scale of 1 to jesus fucking christ you're a faggot
>>
>>50065964
It's minor buggery.
Not too bad, but you're still a faggot.
>>
Running a one-shot to introduce a new player to RPG's while half the regular group is away. We're playing Black Crusade, so I'm thinking to have them be a Chaos Cult at the onset of an uprising. I'll make a D10 table with various roles, something like this:
1-5: Generic Cultist (choice of Autogun or Autogun+CCW)
6-7: Weapon Cultist (choice of Flamer or Heavy Stubber)
8: Cultist Champion (Autopistol+ Chainsword+ Light Armor)
9: Unsanctioned Psyker (1 or 2 semi-randomly chosen powers)
10: Apostle (more of a face character)

Each role will have a cut-down character sheet (basically just the core stats, relevant skills, weapon stats, and maybe one or two special abilities per each). They'll generate one to begin with, and then start on the eve of the uprising, giving them time to make some plans or just RP a bit. Once the bullets start flying, I figure it'll be pretty high lethality, so they'll just roll again on the table whenever necessary.

Never done something like this before, so does anyone see any issues with the premise or have any advice from similar scenarios?
>>
>>50065985
I'd like to see the entire scale.
>>
>>50065985
excellent.
>>
Guys I need a name for my inquisitor's private vessel. Any ideas?
>>
>>50066248
the Unexpected.
>>
>>50066248

The Smelly Warbler, Rank Justice, The Horrible Halitosis, The Jelly and Jam suprise.
>>
>>50066248
Pillar of Absolution, Sword of Repentance, In Gloriam Imperia, [Insert gothic-as-hell concepts or pseudolatin gibberish]
>>
>>50066407
Rod Of Perturbation.
>>
File: 1392247664416.jpg (1MB, 946x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1392247664416.jpg
1MB, 946x1080px
>>50056114
Has anyone actually tried running a straight up Cadian Only War campaign? Seems like it would be absolutely awesome.

>Daily fighting against Chaos Cultists
>There is no front line because everything is war
>There is always gunfire. Doesen't matter when, doesen't matter where, somewhere within ear shot, someone is shooting something
>Everytime you make eye contact with the sky you roll WP or take a point of corruption
>The worlds you could get shipped to are even worse
>Occasionally the PCs get the "privilege" of fighting Daemons, daemon engines, or CSM when shit really hits the fan
>>
>>50060820

They just feel wrong on a fundamental level. They should be Tech-guard, not monsters.
>>
How would an untouchable crusader fare in DH2E? As well as it seems to me?
>>
Have your Dark Heresy games ever gone full Subtlety 0? I'm getting a feeling my next warband is going to be full 'In the name of the Inquisition'
>>
>>50066588
Where the fuck do these chaos cultusta come from? Do they get orbitally inserted, have some beach head on yhe planet, or do that many cadians fall to chaos?
>>
>>50067313
Mostly the former two, some of the latter. There are, I assume, times of relative quiet on Cadia when they get shipped off to other worlds, but anytime a Black Crusade is anywhere near being launched the planet turns into a shithole.
>>
>>50051977
Just show them the "You Know You're playing Rogue Trader When" thread on the FFG forums. That should give them some ideas of what you can do once profit factor starts snowballing.
>>
>>50067091

Do you have actual criticism beyond vague, subjective, personal "feelings?"
>>
>>50067313
They have the Eye of Terror staring them down literally any time they look up. The rest of the galaxy only meets hyper disciplined and strong willed Cadians because anyone who isn't falls to chaos and goes rogue. Remember, when the Great Crusade found Cadia, it was a planet of mud, daemons, chaos tribals, and mutants.
>>
>>50064126

Official 40k writers can't help but write everything they like, regardless of what it is or how implausible it would be, as being soooooo awesome and important.
>>
>>50064126

This is kinda a big issue I have with Only War. The guardsmen are fluffwise and statistically too useful to suit the guardsmen in the main game. You'd have to put limits on regiment and kit points to make them more accurate.
>>
>>50051497
Throw an Istvaanian Inquisitor at them. The Inq. is totally loyal to the Imperium and is above reproach. But He/She is setting up vox and astropathic beacons around the planet and attracting attention from enemies of the Imperium.
Introduce the Inquisitor disguised as the VIP in an escort mission to ease tensions between the two governments.
>>
>>50034440
>I know the general gist of how the world works, and how most of the main establishments of the Imperium came to be

Then you already know more than most imperial citizens. You'll be fine, consider that there are billions of humans who probably haven't even heard of the Horus Heresy. I think the first edition core book even trests it as a forbidden lore. Whichever homeworld and background you pick, that's what your character will know. If you're a voidborn from the imperial navy then all you know is the steel behemoth that you grew up on is an instrument of the emperor's will to maintain an empire outside your voidshields, if you're a feral world outcast then you can make up your own mythological interpretation of the Imperial Creed.

Honestly you may find it more fun to be completely ignorant of the setting. How would you feel if tomorrow you found out that daemons were real, aliens were hellbent on your extermination, your neighbour may well hate your god and now it's jour job to keep civilisation as you know it safe from them all using technology you hadn't even thought possible alongside men and women from different planets nothing like your own, under instruction from a man who may or may not be able to shoot lightning out of his fingertips through sheer hatred.

Because that's what an acolyte wakes up to.
>>
>>50067253
Back when DH1 first came out I played with some guys who regularly showed up, declared themselves part of the Inquisition, and after a couple sessions decided that whatever they were doing wasn't worth the trouble and glassed the planet
The worst part was that the GM let them do this multiple times
>>
>>50067895
>The guardsmen are fluffwise and statistically too useful to suit the guardsmen in the main game.
Care to explain? The average OW guardsman is going to be mid-20s to low 40s in most everything unless the regiment is extremely specialized, and the average assumed regiment is something like Fortress World Line Infantry with a Phlegmatic commander and maybe Close Order Drill and Favored Foe. That's not exactly overpowering.
Meanwhile, in 40k tt, the MEQ is the average unit, and an FFG MEQ will utterly destroy any PC that doesn't get lucky with a krak missile. How are they too special?
>>
File: dghb.png (305KB, 640x512px) Image search: [Google]
dghb.png
305KB, 640x512px
Any good Only War experiences/stories? New GM here trying to grasp how to run it without sticking players in a trench and running it like a turret game.
>>
>>50069329
Well, the Only War campaign I currently play in opened with out transport ship being attacked by Chaos Pirates. We had to try and shoot down some of their boarding craft from a turret, then fought them in the cramped corridors, then had to find and defend the escape pods, then we crashlanded in a frozen wasteland and had to fight off wolves and evade patrolling aircraft until we found an enemy post, which we proceeded to clear out in an ambush.

After that, our squad's glorious campaign of exterminating every rebel soldier we found in snowed-in villages began in earnest, culminating in us taking over a fuel depot and defending it until the Imperial Guard, with its shit finally together, sent in some aircraft. That was some good shit.
>>
>>50069329
Easy mode is either drop troops or some kind of recon. It means they have to be more proactive and can't just Summon Bigger Gun all the time.

Personally I would work with your players to come up with a regiment. This both helps them get into the role as well as gives you an idea of what kind of game they want to play. Playing with tonks is generally fun for 2 people (or 1 if you have an Operator), so I wouldn't recommend that as a regular thing.
>>
>>50038341
In the penitent entry on page 10 you spelled offense incorrectly
>>
>>50066248
Uninvited Quest
>>
>>50038341
Actually going over it there are a number of spelling issues. Do you need a proofreader?
>>
>>50066248
"She's One Of Ours, Sir" has always been a favorite of mine
>>
>>50069329
Mechanized units are typically pretty fun to play. You're usually a part of big pushes, the players have a vehicle to appreciate as "home," but learn to fight on their feet as proactive infantry, and the asset of an IFV nearby is a wonderful thing to have. They'll go through a few battles with it and love it, and then REALLY learn to appreciate it when they go through a battle or two without it.
>>
>>50069459
>Playing with tonks is generally fun

Word of advice, only choose the baneblade regiment if the group doesn't work together well and/or doesn't get along, because the desynchronization is the only thing that'll keep a game of moving one giant token around maps interesting.
>>
>>50069641
That's why I didn't recommend it
>>
I'm about to play Dark Heresy 2E with some close friends I've gamed with a lot over the years, and I'm trying to make a melee psyker that isn't completely without social skills. Any suggestions on best homeworld/role/talents for that? Background was pretty common sense to me. Thank you in advance.
>>
I'm going to run a more role play focused game of Black Crusade, and I was wondering how much XP I should reward for roleplaying and performing non-combat feats.
>>
>>50069749
First off, do you want to be Sanctioned?
>>
>>50069809
1.5x to 1.75x compared to combat?
>>
>>50069838
Yeah.
>>
>>50069511
>>50069561
Stuff from enemies within might be missing a bunch of fs, I don't know what happened to them but not all of them got copied for some reason.

If you want to proofread it, go ahead, although the errors I'm more concerned with are in weapon tables and other such entries.
>>
>>50069960
Homeworld: Feudal World or Shrine World
Background: Adeptus Astra Telepathica, obviously
Role: Mystic if you want some starting xp to play around with, otherwise Crusader, Hierophant, Warrior, or Fanatic are all good for varying degrees of fighty psyker mcfaceguy

That said, both melee and psyker stuff are huge exp sinks, so you may find that by pursuing both you become good at neither
>>
>>50070210
Alright thank you a lot. I'll play around with those. One saving grace is the GM is giving us quite a starting XP boost.
>>
File: RIP AND TEAR.png (52KB, 287x605px) Image search: [Google]
RIP AND TEAR.png
52KB, 287x605px
>first time playing deathwatch
>roll a space sharks assault marine
>the other guy rolls a space corgis assault marine
>have to go kill orks on some backwards shithole in bumfuck nowhere
>burn 4 orks with a hand flamer I bought as signature wargear
>the nob of their squad gets triggered at me
>fucks me up with power claw
>4 wounds left
>hit him back
>pic related fucking happens
Fuck I fucking love this shit
It's literally my second time playing RPG games pls no bully
>>
>Slaanesh doesn't have a dedicated psyker archtype
>when Tzeentch and Nurgle do
>>
>>50071502
Isn't slaanesh the weakest of the 3 in terms of psychic strength?
>>
>>50071268
Sounds gay senpai
>>
>Black Crusade
>Precision Telekinesis mentions a use being 'grabbing an adversary'
>Grappling is a half action to initiate and a full action to maintain
>Maintaining Precision Telekinesis take a half action

So until the psyker's next turn, the target is considered grappled?
>>
>>50069329
Your guys are rando Imperial Guardsmen, in many cases, but they're still heroes, in a Joe Everyman sort of way. Look up all those stories about World War heroes doing crazy things or holding their own, sniping armies of dudes and such. Don't try to force it too hard, but provide room for that. Throw them into unusual/extreme situations from historical battles where they have to hold a spot against impossible odds (but usually that's done by people who have enough resources to do so, so... put them on top of a depot or something), put them up as guerrilla resistance fighters against a stronger "traitor" legion (likely shipped in from off-world to back up the local resistance -- WHO TO TRUST?), send them on a special mission to scout XYZ point or kill XYZ dude, etc.

Oh, and always, if a problem can be simplified by blowing it up, and they figure out how to get the explosives in the right place at the right time... just let 'em do so. Explosions never hurt.

>>50069534
I giggled.
>>
>>50071268
>pls no bully
Now I'm just imagining an adorable shota Marine waving a sword around and flaming th-- wow yeah that does sound kinda gay. It's cute, though!
>>
>>50073187
I actually threw the canon way space sharks should act out the window, and I'm just roleplaying a space pirate in power armor, GM is fine with that as well, so hey, fun is gonna be had.
>>
New thread when?
>>
Only War newbie here.

Are there rules covering trying to get multiples of an item?
Basically, I want to see if we can get our entire squad outfitted with microbeads (weren't included with our standard gear). But outside of hoping they're included with future mission assignment gear, there doesn't seem to be a way to obtain multiples of an item - which kinda sucks. We have a squad of 12 (6 players, 6 comrades).
>>
New thread

>>50076284
>>50076284
>>50076284
Thread posts: 312
Thread images: 45

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.