[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone here played the recently released TCG for Final Fantasy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: cloud common.png (480KB, 404x552px) Image search: [Google]
cloud common.png
480KB, 404x552px
Has anyone here played the recently released TCG for Final Fantasy? I just heard of it yesterday when my LGS was offering free demos and I rather liked it despite hardly paying attention to FF as a franchise in the past.

Participated in a release event today and landed first place doing what I knew best - playing the closest I could to RDW. Cloud is nothing to mess with, as expected since he's apparently one of the main characters.

For anyone who has played it, what do you think of it?
>>
I like it a lot.The CP system is interesting.
>>
File: 1464314230511.jpg (161KB, 478x689px) Image search: [Google]
1464314230511.jpg
161KB, 478x689px
Is there a reason japs like big numbers?
>>
>>50030793
Currency is largely inflated in numbers.

Also potential for granularity if desired
>>
Seems nice, and I would be a card game I can get into.

Where can I find the card list? What are the rules? Can I just play exdeath cards and be and pillow forting dingus?
>>
>>50029533
Is this the same game that was released years ago in Japan?
>>
>>50029533
This looks like another one of those shit TCGs with non-original artwork that is basically a copy of WayFarts? I have honestly lost track of how many of these games there are. They all have more or less the same board setup, same card setup, and do more or less the same thing.
>>
>>50029533
Looks OK. Will likely buy a box when released. We'll see how easy it is to collect. Can you put as many EX Bursts in as you want? in Vangaurd you had to have exactly 16 Triggers.
>>
>>50030793
Unlike murrikans, they can count without using their fingers.
>>
>>50030793
No decimal system in their currency.
>>
>>50029533
Moment I saw "art" on cards, I noped the fuck out of it.
>>
>>50036442
Some are good, some aren't. Nothing new.
>>
Work in a gaming store.

Got the pre release stuff last week. The game is pretty great. Similar to Magic but with quicker ways of generating resources and a hand limit which means you can never be too ridiculous with it all.

X starter deck is way more OP than the other two but from seeing a lot of the boosters, there's some really interesting stuff going on.

Pretty sure this will be big.
>>
>>50029533
Cheap cash grab with inconsistent, recycled artwork and rules that were copied from Bushiroad games and incompetently mashed together.
>>
>>50037193
But it's been going for like 6 years
>>
>>50037284
So has D&D 3.5.
A game doesn't need to be good to be commercially successful. It just needs to be popular enough for people to trick themselves into believing it's good.

Square Enix has long understood that they don't need to make good games anymore, because enough people will buy anything from them as long as it either looks pretty or feels nostalgic. And what better way to recycle your biggest franchise than with a massive crossover TCG that is clearly inspired by Weiß Schwarz?
>>
>>50036374
No restrictions on Ex Bursts at all.
>>
>>50029533
I've not played it yet, but I bought myself the XIII deck and a couple boosters. Short on cah right now so I can't afford more but I really like what i'm seeing.

I really appreciate the quality of the cards themselves (they actually feel durable unlinke Magic/Pokemon/whatever), though I don't have an opinion on the gameplay yet.
>>50033779
Opus(set) 1 card list here: https://fftcg.cdn.sqexeu.com/files/downloadables/fftcg-opus1.pdf

The starter decks have specific cards too.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.