[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anybody have stories of paladins or any other morally righteous

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: images (1).jpg (7KB, 270x187px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
7KB, 270x187px
Anybody have stories of paladins or any other morally righteous party members getting wrecked for trying to be the moralfag in the party
>Pathfinder some time ago
>Party has paladin who has been giving majority of parties treasure to charity or to his faith generally pissing off other members
>Paladin also has strict moral code against consumption of alcohol
>party also has warpriest of cayden
>Party has been invited to dwarven festival by npc they helped
>Once reaching the festival Paladin begins preaching the evil of alcohol to the rabble, ignored or insulted by nearly everyone there
>Warpreist has brought wagon loaded with kegs of ale to "spread the faith" without Paladins knowledge (thank you bluff checks)
>Paladin the walks to large keg in center of festival places hand on it and begins to pray
>Dice rolled crit 20, his god hears him and turns dwarven ale into water
>Dwarves are clearly pissed, begin to blame party
>Warpriest saves the day by revealing 12 barrels of his faiths finest while entire party throws paladin under the bus
>Tfw being the morally righteous character in the party gets you beaten to death by a mob of angry dwarves
>>
Wait, this was PF? What level was this? How the fuck did the paladin even manage to survive giving away most of his treasure?

Moreover why the fuck did you guys let him give away the party's shit? That's the point where I'd be all "oh fuck no, I'm a cleric and even closer to the Gods than you and even I'm not down with that." One paladin can't take on the entire party. That's a pretty brutal abuse of OOC circumstances that have you all adventuring together to begin with.
>>
>>50017170
>Party has paladin who has been giving majority of parties treasure to charity or to his faith generally pissing off other members
I can't really imagine anyone allowing this. Giving away his portion of the treasure is valid roleplaying of a good and generous character, but taking stuff that belongs to your allies and giving it away is just stupid all around.
>>
>>50017365
Typical bullshit never happened story. 80% of /tg/
>>
>>50017170
To be fair, turning ale to water is about the most hilariously trolltastic thing one could use divine intervention for. That's a worse smiting for a dwarf than an actual smiting.
>>
>Being against alcohol consumption in a medieval setting.

His faith best be having priests burning Purify Food and Drink around the clock to keep people from getting sick from drink shit-water.

People didn't drink alcohol because they wanted to be drunk. They drunk it because it was safer than drinking water. Especially in dirty ass cities.
>>
>>50017625
Monastic orders actually MADE beer and wine during the middle ages
>>
>>50017281

We started the campaign at level 1 as slaves being sold at market with only a lizardfolk magus, half orc warpreist,and a half elf slayer, we were sold to the fighting pits but were liberated when the human paladin joined in at level 5, from there the DM pulled some shit about us being in debt to the church,anytime a player argued with the paladin about loot the DM made us roll for intimidate, diplomacy, etc which the cunt usually rolled high on, this pretty much made us the paladin's bitches for the early stages of the campaign. Two other players joined after the dwarven beat down as a teifling rogue and goblin gunslinger (dm's brother). It turned out the paladin's church was trying to gain enough face until they were powerful enough to overthrow the kingdoms government, turns out the church was the villain and we were it's pawns.
>>
You were supposed to roll attack rolls, not intimidate. baka
>>
>>50017170
You worship Cayden Cailean.
Why not just turn it back into ale?
Or does that only work with poisoned liquid?
>>
this story is bullshit and its fairly obvious.
>>
>>50018816
You're clearly making this up as you go along. Just stop.
>>
>>50018816
Sounds like your DM low key railroaded you.
>>
>>50017170
My current campaign is me, the LG-- only morally righteous party member, blowing everyone else in my party the fuck out.

They were butthurt at first but I have saved every one of them from certain death about 20 times and run every single combat encounter so now they just tolerate it. The "party face" Robin hood wannabe sorcerer that everyone rallied around at first has since been pretty alienated since he steals from the whole party constantly and has one offensive spell at level 5 and it's a cantrip.

I am the Ron Swanson of the group.
>>
>>50021581
Pretty much, he always pulls shit like that ,plus his continuous enabling of the paladin through favors and requiring us to revive him any time he died due to what can only be described as plot armor .
>>
Sounds fake and gay OP.
>>
>Party is a rogue, a bard, and a cleric if Imodae
>Cleric is self-righteous as all shit, once threatened to turn the rogue in if he caught him stealing again
>DM really likes his character for some reason, and Cleric has a major power trip because he actually is a really powerful character (and regularly holds this over our heads)
>DM allows him to get a celestial lion mount along with all his other cool magic shit, my Bard only ever got a songblade
>In one encounter with a LOT of zombies, I suggest we sneak around them because their life sense doesn't extend as far as we were
>Cleric calls me a coward and insists we attack them head-on like valorous people do
>He charges in riding his supercool lion
>Me and rogue are beat up so we decide to lose this asshole and sneak around while he distracts
>One zombie gets three 20's, insta-kills his lion
>Cleric flies away with <10 hit point
>Is legit pissed off at me and rogue and attacks us
>rogue drops him in one hit
>>
Is op even still around?
>>
>>50017170
>it's another That guy thread
Oh boy!
>>
>>50018816
Players aren't allowed to use social rolls on each other.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.