[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone explain the Nahiri VS Sorin conflict to me with the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 7

File: sorin v nahiri.png (757KB, 820x547px) Image search: [Google]
sorin v nahiri.png
757KB, 820x547px
Can someone explain the Nahiri VS Sorin conflict to me with the assumption that I have little to no knowledge of MTG lore (besides basic shit like planeswalkers and what they can do)?
>>
>>50009828
Sorin dicked Nahiri over

Nahiri returned the favor

This makes vampfags mad because HOW CAN OUR GLORIOUS VAMPIRE LOSE?
>>
>>50009833

Bitch couldn't even take 5 minutes to check up on Zendikar to see that it was still there after the Jactice league Maximized Fireball'd two of the Eldrazi gods and decides Innistrad as a whole needs to suffer.

If she kept her fight strickly between her and Sorin I would be more empathetic.
>>
>>50009859
Also Sorin is now frozen in carbonite because wizards doesn't want two black walkers, and they can't get rid of Lili without the sjws complaining.
>>
>>50009859
What she sees when she checks up on Zendikar after being FUCKING TRAPPED IN A VAULT FOR 6000 YEARS BY THIS DICK-ASS, she sees Zendikar fucking laid to waste and the Eldrazi unleashed.

She returns the favor, unleashing Emrakul on Innistrad and trapping Sorin in stone.

Fairs fair. Dickass.

Also he didn't show up last time the Eldrazi almost broke free. Cause Helvault. Lul.

Fuck Sorin.
>>
>>50009908
(You)
>>
>>50009908
>Americans believe that collateral damange is aceptable
>>
>>50009828
Nahiri, Sorin and planeswalking dragon called Ugin teamed up way back in the day to trap a bunch of Lovecraftian eldritch beasties called the Eldrazi into the very fabric of Nahiri's home plane (for a variety of reasons to complex to go into at this point)
A few centuries after that (because this was so long ago that planeswalkers were functionally immortal gods as opposed to 'just' being incredibly powerful mages now) the Eldrazi started causing shit on Zendikar, disrupting the flow of magic. Nahiri waited for the help she had been promised from the other two, but they never arrived. Ugin because he was kinda busy being dead in a hole on his home plane of Tarkir, and Sorin because he was too busy with his ongoing pet project of the Helvault and making his daughterfu Avacyn. Nahiri went to Innistrad to ask him what the fuck was going on and why he wasn't fulfilling his promises (and promises are a thing for Sorin so she was expecting him to follow through) and he took it the wrong way and demanded a duel between them (because Sorin is a massively territorial dick who challenges every Planeswalker who arrived on Innistrad, even the brand new ones like Lilly when she made her literal first jump there). Nahiri lost that duel, which is fine, but the Sorin goes MASSIVELY over the top and traps her in the Helvault, a silver sliver of Innistrads moon that Sorin had turned into a prison for immortal demons
Fast forward a few centuries, the very nature of the Planeswalker spark changing completely, and the Helvault is cracked open by the return of the angel Avacyn, releasing all the demon prisoners and Nahiri. Who, by now, is understandably righteously fucking pissed and sets about destroying Sorin's precious Innistrad as revenge
Basically everyone involved in the feud at every single step was a colossal shit head with far too much power and their heads too far up their own arses as a result to even pretend to be reasonable
TL;DR Oldwalkers gonna Oldwalker
>>
>>50009828
Retcons
>>
>>50009833
Sorin is a dick prideful retard
Nahiri genocides a plane because that's comparable to being a dick
Waifufags mad when people say Nahiri is evil, which she totally is

Just because one is a dick doesn't mean the other isn't a tripple cunt.
>>
>>50009908
>Fairs fair. Dickass.
What fair? Sorin didn't blow her plane, Sorin just didn't reply to the call (because he's a retard and unknowingly blocked the signal like a fucking noob), that's it, the argument escalated quickly and then they were beating each other till one lost. Nahiri went overboard in her revenge plot.

Also this is all wotc faul with the retcon
>Lets go find Nahiri because Zendikar is in danger
>Mmm odd I can't find her
>Lets ask Ugin
>Mmm he doesn't know either
>Turns out I had her trapped in the vault for 1000 years? silly me
>>
>>50010608
> 'just' being incredibly powerful mages now
Who flee in fear from werewolves, noname mook with spears, crooks, average joes, etc. So powerful
>>
>>50009828
Way back in the day, Nahiri was taught by Sorin.

A bit later, they met Ugin, who wanted to use Zendikar to trap the Eldrazi. Nahiri didn't like that, but Sorin and Ugin talked her into it, under the condition that they would come and help if the seals were at risk of loosing them once trapped. Sorin and Ugin agreed, and they trapped the Eldrazi on Zendikar, leaving Nahiri there to stand watch in isolation.

The seals weakened, and nobody came. Nahiri had to re-tighten the wards on the Eldrazi herself. She had no clue where Ugin was (another dragon, Nicol Bolas, killed/coma'd him), so she went to find Sorin, tracking him to Innistrad.

Sorin at the time had finished making Avacyn and the Helvault, which prevented the signal from the seal weakening from reaching him.

Nahiri showed up and demanded to know why, after promising to come, and talking her (with Ugin) into using her world to seal the cosmic horrors, he hadn't showed up. Sorin said the Helvault might have blocked the signal.

So Nahiri asked him to come with her to Zendikar instead on a brief trip, to check things out and make sure the wards (which she'd resealed, but she was only one of three, after all) were indeed safe.

Sorin told her no. She demanded to know why, because the two of them weren't that far apart in power any more (Nahiri was definitely ahead of Sorin, since he was weakened at the time), and demanded that he keep his word, and come with her to check things.

Sorin, in typical autistic fashion, told her to fuck off and go find Ugin if she was going to make demands, and that his promise didn't mean shit. So in true Olden-day Planeswalker style, Nahiri decided to make him respect her by beating sense into him.

Fight ensued. Sorin was losing, until Avacyn showed up and evened the odds. He then threw Nahiri into the Helvault, which at the time was empty.

A thousand years pass, and the Helvault starts filling up with all sorts of demonic horrors, so Nahiri is stuck inside. (cont)
>>
File: 135961756917897.jpg (243KB, 600x485px) Image search: [Google]
135961756917897.jpg
243KB, 600x485px
>>50009828
In a nutshell
>>
>>50010669
In the meantime, while Nahiri is probably getting many barbed demon dicks stuck inside her unwillingly, Bolas engineers the Eldrazi escape from Zendikar.

Sorin FINALLY decides, because he's heard nothing from Ugin and knows damn fucking well where Nahiri is, to go and clean up the mess on Zendikar and try to fix the seals alone (at this point he's no longer an Oldwalker, the Mending has happened).

Typical shit fucks up as well, Nissa should have fucking listened to what Sorin told her on Zendikar, and breaks the final seal on the Eldrazi because maybe they'll just leave the plane.

So Sorin decides "fuck this, I'm out" and leaves Zendikar to be mauled by the Eldrazi, going in search of Ugin (who lived on a plane in the middle of bum-fucking-nowhere multiversally speaking, it took Sorin a while to track it down). Ugin tells Sorin to go and fetch Nahiri because she'll be needed, and it's kind of telling that Sorin actually feels guilty about it, so he knows he done fucked up on that point, at least. Maybe sticking her in time-out was the only way to get her to calm down at the time, but on the other hand, a thousand years?

In the meantime, Liliana Vess destroys the Helvault to kill Griselbrand, to get out of her deals. This frees Nahiri, who after a thousand years of torture is a bit unhinged. She immediately runs home to Zendikar... and finds that the Eldrazi are out and massive chunks of it are dust, because Sorin locked her up and she wasn't around to protect it.

So she swears revenge on Sorin - in her words, as Zendikar suffered, so would Innistrad. And so she lured Emrakul to Innistrad, engineered the madness and then forced unmaking of Avacyn (by Sorin, so he had to destroy his greatest creation and finest work), and then loosed Emrakul.

Because if her home of Zendikar had to suffer the predations of the Eldrazi, then she was going to make damn sure Sorin's home of Innistrad would as well.

In brief? It's an Oldwalker pissing match.
>>
>>50010696
>She immediately runs home to Zendikar.
This part is wrong.

SHE NEVER WENT TO CHECK. She just heard and assumed the plane was gone.
>>
>>50010663
>flee in fear from things and people capable of putting holes in them
Well yeah, wizards are squishy without preparation. And there's walkers like Gideon or Garruk who'd positively welcome getting into a proper fight
Just because Planeswalker have been brought down to a point where the authors don't need to threaten an entire plane just to MAYBE hurt them doesn't mean they're weak
>>
>>50010696
>and knows damn fucking well where Nahiri is
After the recton, sure, before the retcon he also didn't know where Nahiri was.
>>
Sorin overreacts to a misunderstanding with Nahiri after she attacks him for being an asshole and traps her in a formless void filled with malevolent entities for a millennium. She eventually escapes and decides to commit genocide to teach an autistic old man a lesson.
>>
>>50010728
The last thing you heard from your home plane was the Eldrazi were starting to escape, then you get out of demon hell prison a thousand years later to be told that the Eldrazi are still starting shit. Even if she did go back and learn that the Eldrazi were dead now, her home is still in ruins because Sorin was a cock.
Hell even if Zendikar was saved I still think Nahiri would have gone on to fuck Sorin's entire life up, she would just have less justifiable reasons for doing it
>>
>>50010728
>SHE NEVER WENT TO CHECK. She just heard and assumed the plane was gone.
No, she went back and landed on one of the dusted continents.

She didn't check the entire plane, but she DID go back to Zendikar.
>>
Nobody disagrees that Sorin should get bent, but massive genocide is not the answer.

I hope Jacetice League kills Nahiri next as the multiversal danger she's and forgets to free Sorin for a couple of centuries.
>>
>>50010752
She had even less justification HERE BECAUSE SHE NEVER. FUCKING. WENT. TO. CHECK.
>>
>>50010756
Citation required.
>>
>>50010761
Honest question, does the Jacetice League even know what happened between those two? Because Jace barely held it together long enough to get into the fight with Emrakul, and he was the only one on Innistrad long enough to do recon. I don't imagine the Gatewatch stuck around all that long after whatever the fuck happened with the moon, and I don't recall them ever going up to Markov Manor after Nahiri was done terraforming it
>>
>>50010761
They've left Garruk running around for two years while he's just murdering people for literally no reason. Hell, they even recruited the person who broke him. I guess they all forgot despite knowing him personally and knowing he was murdercursed.

Wizards fix your broken story.
>>
>>50010762
It's the ELDRAZI.

Why would you fucking bother to check unless you wanted to die a horrible death?
>>
>>50009908
6000? I was under the impression it was only 1000.

http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-story/campaign-vengeance-2016-07-06
>>
>>50010756
>>50010728
>>50010770
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-story/stone-and-blood-2016-06-15

Here. She goes back to Zendikar, finds the Eye blown up, the Eldrazi out, talks with some Kor about what's happened, and so on. This part is the most pertinent, when she magic-scans the plane:

>She felt the extent of the damage. The deep places of the world were riddled with new tunnels, crusted with some strange substance that confounded her senses. Everywhere she looked, there was devastation. Everywhere were signs of the Eldrazi, landscapes eroded in ways she couldn't even understand. And far away, across the world, in Bala Ged—
>She concentrated—it took concentration, now—and shifted herself across her world, looking for the source of the wrongness. She felt woozy, sick. She should wait, and rest, and recover her strength.
>She had had enough of waiting. She had to see what was happening. She appeared in Bala Ged, in what should have been lush jungle. What stretched before her was a seemingly endless expanse of chalky gray dust—more lifeless than any desert, like the surface of a moon.
>There was nothing like this on the Zendikar she still held in her head, the mental model she had painstakingly built over the years of her imprisonment. On her Zendikar, Bala Ged was living and wild. On this Zendikar, it was dead. Nothing lived here. Even the rocks were silent.
>The ground trembled beneath her feet, and she could not feel the source of the tremors. The dust shivered.
>She turned. There, on the horizon, vast and horrible, was a being she had seen twice before—once on a world lost to the Eldrazi, and once when she imprisoned it and its brethren on Zendikar. The Devourer. The one Ugin called Ulamog.

She didn't just go back to check, she went back, checked the Eye, spoke with people, then personally went to check Bala Ged herself when they told her it was gone. And saw Ulamog.

At that point, she decided a heaping of payback was in order.
>>
>>50010786
She did bother to check.
>>
>>50010777
I'm not even sure that they know Nahiri exists. They know Sorin does, but that was just Jace and Tamiyo, as a group the Gatewatch were only on Innistrad long enough to show up, get wrecked by Emmy, and see her seal herself in the moon.
>>
>>50009828
See >>50010627
The Jacetice league can only look good by comparison, and the story will warp itself from one block to the next to serve that end. In this case, Sorin and Nahiri's Nonsensical Adventure was the way that got done.
>>
>>50010770
>>50010756

She saw more than just a lot of dust.
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-story/stone-and-blood-2016-06-15
>>
File: 1428627320655.png (17KB, 180x209px) Image search: [Google]
1428627320655.png
17KB, 180x209px
>>50010784
>I guess they all forgot despite knowing him personally and knowing he was murdercursed.
it's okay because the power-mad faggot who did it has a vagina and fills the superfriends colour quota

fuck whatever wizard's focus group thought any of this bungled storytelling was a good idea
>>
>>50010811
>Oldwalkers being massive dicks to each other and not thinking about the consequences
Honestly that was the most believable element of the storyline for me. Oldwalkers have always been portrayed as dickheads, Wizards are remarkably consistent in that regard
>>50010806
Didn't Jace go to Markov Manor and find the vampires melted into the walls? Or was he too far gone at that point to examine the connection?
>>
>>50010784
Garruk killed 1/1000000000th of what Nahiri genocided
>>
>>50010826
>Honestly that was the most believable element of the storyline for me. Oldwalkers have always been portrayed as dickheads, Wizards are remarkably consistent in that regard
I liked that part as well (I assume you liked it). It's always interesting to look at how the former Oldwalkers like Sorin, Nahiri, Bolas, Ugin and so on act, versus the Neowalkers like Jace, Ajani, Elspeth, Gideon, Chandra and so on. Almost unfailingly the latter group are a lot more connected with "the little guy" while the older group are and have seen entire planes flattened over conflicts between their kind. And they remember being gods, so while the power is gone, the attitude is still there.

Liliana's an interesting case study because she sort of bridges the gap. She's definitely less concerned than the latter group with human life (har har), but at the same time she doesn't share the kind of Oldwalker attitude you see Sorin, Bolas or their ilk display.

>Didn't Jace go to Markov Manor and find the vampires melted into the walls? Or was he too far gone at that point to examine the connection?
He did, but I don't think he knew that was Nahiri. I mean, he might know somebody is fucking with Sorin, sure, but beyond that I don't think he has any idea, especially since he was going nuts already at the time and it only got worse. I could be wrong though.
>>
>>50010608
>he took it the wrong way and demanded a duel between them
Literally not what happened
>>
>>50010637
>implying i'm mad that Nahiri is evil

that just makes my dick harder
>>
>>50010821
Just read the wiki, the last time he was in the plot someone was trying to bring him back to Innistrad and meet Avacyn. His colors and mechanics are prefect for the plane. It seems like they were setting up an awesome Garruk/Evilcyn fight but fucked it up.

I think Wizards actually forgot he exists. Why have a burly cursed green-aligned white guy when you can have a nerd, a hot chick, a vanilla-as-possible burly white guy, and two lesbians?
>>
>>50010847
Yeah, but Garruk is killing walkers. Regular people don't matter in magic, remember? Planeswalkers are der ubermenchen und zey do vatever zey vant. How many people has Sorin killed over the millennia? Sarkahn? Tibalt is an actual devil, and Ob Nixilius actually did commit a total genocide. Nobody cares until a walker gets axed.
>>
>>50010856
Yeah, I remember the actual reason for their fight now, Sorin wasn't listening and has a pattern of only listening to people when they kick his ass, so Nahiri started the fight to get him to pay attention.
Which, honestly, only enhances my conclusion that at every single stage of this debacle both of them were childish shits with godlike power and no sense of right and wrong
>>50010849
Yeah, Lilli's interesting because its hard to pick apart how much of her callousness is her, how much of it is an act and how much of it is down to being just old enough to remember how strong Walkers used to be.
And yeah, I don't think even Tamiyo knew it was Nahiri, and she's the one who got the closest to the truth of what happened on Innistrad.
>>
>>50010883
>childish shits with godlike power and no sense of right and wrong

WIZARDS
>>
>>50010859
To be fair, even if Garruk was cured of his curse at this point he still wouldn't have made the cut as Gatewatch's green representative. His entire shtick is summon bigger beastie, which really doesn't work against the Eldrazi
That, and personally, I kind of like him as Black/Green multiplanar Predator. Its nice to see a Black/Green mage that's not just "swamp zombies all day every day"
>>50010876
The entire point of Gatewatch, shit of all the Good aligned characters in general, is that regular people matter just as much. Look at Ajani's story in the Kaladesh block, Tamiyo even out right says Planeswalker forget how much damage they do just by stomping around on a plane.
Oh, and Sorin might have killed thousands but that's really more accumulation rather than deliberate genocide, Sarkhan just fucked an entire timeline so I'm not sure how to count that in terms of deaths (although I will say the Dragon clans suck and the Khans were much more interesting) and Tibalt wasn't a devil before his spark ignited
Ob Nixilis is a cock though, absolutely agreed on that front
>>
>>50010849
Liliana is tsundere for her cloak boy. She wants him to need her.

>>50010876
>Ob Nixilius actually did commit a total genocide
Multiple.

Except he's really good at being a villain. And amusing to read.
>>
>>50010906
>His entire shtick is summon bigger beastie, which really doesn't work against the Eldrazi
"summon bigger fireball", "summon bigger land elemental", "summon yourself" and "counterspell" aren't particularly good against the plotholedrazi either
>>
>>50010925
But apparently 'make shit out of stone' does a dank job.
>>
>>50010925
Yes but "massive innate connection to the mana of the entire plane" was kind of a trump card in the end. Not something Garruk could really do
>>50010929
I get that the hedrons were meant to be like the bars on the Eldrazi's cells, but I still don't get how they got the fuckers in there in the first place. Was Sorin just fucking vampire wrestling each one of the shits into them or what?
>>
>>50010929
"summon zombies" too

I suspect the real reason garruk was quietly brushed under the rug was so Wizard's could avoid the hot-button topic that would be another garruk/lili confrontation.

>>50010940
>Not something Garruk could really do
Literally any (green) planeswalker could have pulled a similar feat out of their asses to get the plot resolved.
>>
>>50010883
He was kinda listening though.
He basically said he'd come have ac look in a little while.
With him not having his planeswalkerphone on and thus failing to deliver on his promise, I get that it's not a satisfying answer, but in this battle of the retards the waifu takes the retard gold
>>
>>50010945
Not really no, Nissa was established to be good at leyline magic pretty early on when they were retconning her into the green representative of the Gatewatch. And as for why they retconned her not Garruk, people actually give a shit about Garruk and like his character. Elf supremacist Nissa didn't really have the same following, or the same space to grow
And zombies are actually a pretty logical way to at least halt Eldrazi, they corrupt LIVING flesh after all. Bugger is few places outside Innistrad are as prone to major zombie infestations
>>
>>50010957
I'm inclined to say its a joint gold for the two of them, telling someone "eh, I'll get around to it" while their entire plane, species and way of life are being threatened by eldritch monstrosities born of the blind eternities was never going to go well. And considering how long it took the multiverses most passive aggressive vampire to go check on Ugin (who he actually seemed to like on a personal level), his idea of "I'll get around to it" was probably too late anyway. Shit, as it stood, it took him until about 5 minutes before the Eldrazi were released to go have a look
>>
>>50010940
>Was Sorin just fucking vampire wrestling each one of the shits into them or what?
Sorin was the bait, getting the Eldrazi to chase him. Once they arrived at Zendikar and "manifested" within the plane, they used the Hedrons to, I think Ugin described it, drive a metaphorical spike through the hand, keeping them from leaving and holding them at/inside the plane.
>>
>>50010978
>while their entire plane, species and way of life are being threatened by eldritch monstrosities born of the blind eternities
The thing was that she had already solved the problem on her own.
"Some Eldrazi got out but I locked them back up" doesn't exactly scream urgent.
Otherwise I'd be right with you
>>
>>50010957
>He basically said he'd come have ac look in a little while.
Let's be fair though, with Sorin, "a little while" could be anywhere from a few days to a few centuries. It's not as if she was asking him to come and get into a cage match with them.
>>
File: tumblr_o95ecfUFok1uhfizao1_1280.jpg (576KB, 1080x1350px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o95ecfUFok1uhfizao1_1280.jpg
576KB, 1080x1350px
>>50010962
I thought Emmy could corrupt whatever she wanted and living flesh was just a lot easier than anything else.

"Her zombies moaned in unison, "Vessel of destruction. Root of evil. Flee.""

http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-story/promised-end-2016-07-27
>>
>>50010962
That's the thing. It seems like they were setting up Garruk to be one of the villains/antagonists of Return to Innistrad. Why would someone "pay large amounts of money" to bring him to Avacyn? What would she do? He's Veil-cursed, which is akin to being demontouched. And we all know how Avacyn feels about demons.

The more I think about it, the more BFZ-EDM seems like it was a late decision move to shove Eldrazi back onto shelves by Wizards. The story is completely rushed and half-assed, and Maro admitted that they made a lot of really fundamental design mistakes. Both of those blocks needed a lot more work before they dropped.
>>
>>50011058
I never noticed those two heads on the foreground arms. Completely changes the sense of scale of this thing.
>>
>>50011071
They're pretty much in the type-line on the card.
>>
>>50009828
sorin genocided zendikar, nahiris home
in return nahiri genocided innistrad, sorin's home.
thats it.
various faggot niggers and europeans on /tg/ cant understand the poetic justice of the action.
>>
>>50011058
I'm an idiot, that was probably the veil's influence on the zombies not Emmy.
>>
>>50010940
>Was Sorin just fucking vampire wrestling each one of the shits into them or what?
OH NOOOO, EMIKRUAL HAS NO CHANCE! SORIN HAS HER IN THE CRIPPLER, SHE'S GOT TO TAP!
>>
>>50011071
>>50011080

The thing in the foreground isn't monstrosity, it's a big human carrying a smaller human (parent and child? siblings?) on their back.
>>
Sorin's a douche, Nahiri is insane. They're both villains.
>but one is worse!!
nobody cares, fanboy.
>>
>>50009828
Two oldwalkers compound misunderstandings with self-importance, throw hissy fits and ruin things for everyone around them, just like in the good old days.
>>
>>50009877
>>they can't get rid of Lili without the sjws complaining.
>Implying anyone would choose to keep Sorin over Liliana

This is what vampfags actually believe.

Your husbandu is a supporting character. His purpose is to guide the story with some exposition or provide the real villains with someone to beat so they look strong.

He's nowhere near Liliana, a character with many potential roles, or even Nahiri, who is an effective antagonist after only a handful of appearances.

You can shit out the letters SJW and smear them across the walls and your hands and face all you want, but the hard facts are that Sorin just isn't that useful a character to keep around long-term.
>>
>>50010507
>Americans feel collateral damage is acceptable
You're a fucking retard if you don't understand that collateral damage is acceptable. Obviously steps are taken to minimize it but you don't win wars by killing another nations army. You win wars by destroying their will to fight, when all a country sees around them is rubble their will to fight breaks, you eurocucks should really study warfare, you guys were almost profficient at it during the 1800s (Germany, Britain, and Russia were pretty decent until 1945)
>>
>>50011411
>You win wars by destroying their will to fight, when all a country sees around them is rubble their will to fight breaks,

This world-beating strategy is what America used to win the wars in Vietnam, Afghanistan and Iraq.

Read more.
>>
>>50010696
>while Nahiri is probably getting many barbed demon dicks stuck inside her unwillingly

Wrong, no one can do jack shit to anyone else inside the Helvault.
>>
>>50011468
>This world-beating strategy is what America used to win the wars in Vietnam, Afghanistan and Iraq.

Different Anon here. Actually America has been incredibly restrained in all three wars, much to our own detriment. America has not seriously engaged in the kind of warfare it is fully capable of since the Korean War, and even in that we were kind of half-assing it. In Vietnam in particular we lost due to political reasons, not military ones - the politicians constantly held out hopes of achieving status quo ante and so would do thing like, after the Army had just captured strategic hill X, tell them to fall back to previous battle lines. No serious attempt to invade and subdue the North was ever undertaken.

Now having said all of that, collateral damage when on a total war footing when fighting against someone else on a total war footing is one thing. Nahiri's grduge match against Sorin is an entirely different matter.

Sorin is NOT responsible for what happened on Zendikar and actually was taking steps to prevent it before Nissa fucked things up. And even if he were responsible, it is not "fair" to then involve the people of Innistrad, who are entirely unrelated to the grudge match.

Sorin is a jackass, but Nahiri is an omnicidal maniac. Lord knows what she's going to do to Vrynn or Kaladesh or Tarkir if she ever learns how Jace and Chandra and Sarkhan were involved in releasing the Eldrazi, and in a far more direct way than Sorin ever was.
>>
>>50011827
Actually, no, you're wrong there. There is interaction.

>The others began to impact Nahiri, to glance off her in the endless darkness. She never saw them—that had not changed—but she heard them, shrieking, in the last instant before they struck. A talon here, a wing there, a momentary contact with a patch of nameless, inhuman flesh. And then gone, back into the darkness.
>She marked time by those distractions, by those brief and senseless run-ins with the things that inhabited the dark. She did not hate them, even when their numbers swelled and their impacts against her not-quite-body grew more frequent, and more painful.

>Light—a brief flash, blinding in the darkness, scattering her focus and, for a panicked moment, obscuring her Zendikar entirely. And then there was something with her, a presence more substantial than these wispy, wailing demons. Sorin? she thought, for an instant—but no. Not him. Not...quite. Far below Nahiri, twin suns ignited, illuminating nothing, and she heard the faint rustle of feathers.
>The angel—here? In her own prison? That was interesting.
>The lights drew closer, and now Nahiri could see—see, for the first time in centuries. The angel's spear flashed, and she grunted with exertion as she swung it in wide arcs around her. Her wings were spread, uselessly, trying to push against nothing at all.
>The demons swarmed the angel, shrieking and flapping. They'd left Nahiri alone all these years, glanced off her only incidentally. But they knew their jailer. They knew their only chance for vengeance.

It's limited, but it's there.
>>
>>50011468
That's a strategy America has categorically refused to use in every war since WW2.

Americans bend over backwards to minimize collateral damage.
>>
>>50010761
I disagree that Sorin should get bent
>>
>>50013527
yes, he should be broken
>>
>>50009828
OLDWALKERS

BEING

OLDWALKERS

Basically two people who once had godlike power acting like they still have godlike power and using the power they have left to enact extremely petty squabbles on a massive scale that fuck over thousands of people.
>>
>people acting like neither Nahiri nor Sorin were in the wrong

They were both giant cunts.

However, watching Nahiri defeat Sorin in nearly every way tickled me pink.
>>
I hope the Gatewatch meets Nahiri once, she'll be all nice until they mention saving Zendikar and Innistrad, at which point she'll freak out at them for lying and summon something or other.,,

Here's hoping for summoned Garruk...
>>
>>50010651
He went to find Ugin to say "Yo the eldrazi are out." Not "Where's Nahiri"
When he found Ugin in hedrons his response was "Oh fuck, dd that bitch get to Ugin before coming after me?"
Then when Ugin told him to go get Nahiri Sorin's response was "Well, fuck."
And here we are.
>>
>>50010761
Sorin has a month to get out of the carbonite, maybe less.
Innistrad vampires need to consume a full human's worth of blood once a month to survive or they turn to dust. In addition, Nahiri left him in a state of "Bleeding out"
And now we're on Kaladesh, months into the future. He might be dead.
>>
>>50010821
>>50010784
Garruk started the fight with Liliana. You can all hate Liliana, but there's nothing wrong with recruiting her just because she cursed Garruk instead of killing him for attacking her because she killed one of his pet beasts because it attacked her, killed and ate her horse, and was trying to attack her.
>>
>>50009828
Two asshole former-oldwalkers get into a petty argument starred by lack of communication, and instead of sitting down and working things out they just decide to fuck off and get millions of people killed for literally no reason like a shitty rom-com but instead of needless breakups it's planar genocide.

I hope Ajani kicks the shit out of both of them, innocent people are dead because they can't solve their problems like normal fucking people, Oldwalkers have to deal with every fucking spat by blowing up a plane like fucking petulant children

At least Bolas is a competnet villain who INTENDS his destruction, once Nahiri gets back to Zendikar and sees it's still totally intact and learns about the Gatewatch doing in 5 minutes what she couldn't in millenia she's just going to feel like an incompetent muppet. Because she is.

She mistakenly thinks her plane is destroyed so she decides to destroy Sorin's plane (despite the fact nobody on Innistrad even fucking likes him), and she can't even do THAT right and ends up letting Emrakul imprison herself all over again. Meanwhile sorin is too busy spilling his spaghetti to do anything but get his ass kicked and whine

They're both completely incompetent and I hope Garruk scalps the two of them just for fun or ome thing holy fuck what a shitshow. Let the story focus on Bolas and Ajani and other walkers who aren't chromosome banks despite living for ten thousand years
>>
>>50015117
>At least Bolas is a competnet villain who INTENDS his destruction, once Nahiri gets back to Zendikar and sees it's still totally intact and learns about the Gatewatch doing in 5 minutes what she couldn't in millenia she's just going to feel like an incompetent muppet. Because she is.
Or she's going to be mad that Ugin lied through has face about "No idea, I don't think the hedrons will be able to kill them." which is what the gatewatch did
>>
>>50011197

I always thought it was older brother and little sister watching their home just run away on them.
>>
>>50010784
jace is/was fugging lili and tried to help garruk. When garruk beat him 1v1 he decided to let him go because he was going to end up dead next. Jace and garruk represent green and blues powerlevel in standard currently, so expect blue to be better than green when garruk comes back.
>>
>>50014936
Hes too distracted to planeswalk but he might be able to still do sanguimancy and mind control hapless people into throwing themselves onto him.
>>
>>50015228
The hedrons likely couldnt do what nissa could do. I suppose its the same difference between having a sol ring and casting channel
>>
File: 1421450202013.png (15KB, 180x209px) Image search: [Google]
1421450202013.png
15KB, 180x209px
Pic related
>>
File: 143.jpg (67KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
143.jpg
67KB, 312x445px
>>50016735
They used Nissa to replicate the hedron's magic to anchor the eldrazi, except turned up to eleven to completely drag the eldrazi in.
So no, the big three could have ended the eldrazi thimselves since oldwalkers are already pre-channeled.
It would have been something like:
>Sorin and Nahiri don't listen to Ugin
>Nahiri supercharges the hedron network that she is the master unit of, drags the eldrazi fully into Zendikar
>Sorin sucks up as much mana from them as he can before casting pic related on them for infinite.
>>
>>50014936
Sorin is too important to starve to death off screen.
>>
>>50015228
>Or she's going to be mad that Ugin lied through has face about "No idea, I don't think the hedrons will be able to kill them." which is what the gatewatch did
You'd think Sorin would have been a little pissy with Ugin as well.

Still, it just highlights the point that you do NOT deal with dragons, ever. And that for all his "better than Bolas" and "balance is necessary" shit, he's just as willing to lie, cheat and steal to get what he wants as Bolas is. Arguably he's worse, because Bolas is at least fucking honest about it.
>>
>>50017455
Aren't the Eldrazi Titans Indestructible?
>>
>>50023383
They're indestructible because they're not fully on the plane to be destroyed. But if using the Hedron network or leylines to pull them onto the plane would make them killable but they're still really strong. So Sorin and Nahiri could have done it.
But Consume Spirit, Drain Life or Death Grasp would fit it so much better.
>>
>>50023418
I think Emmy might be to big for that to work on her. It did work on the other 2 though.
>>
>>50023443
If it was Sorin and Nahiri, I actually think the biggest problem would have been Ulamog because Ulamogs is pretty much just a bigger Sorin so his powers might not have worked as well as it would on the other two.
>>
>>50023458
No, I meant I'm Emmy might to big for the plane.

Ulamog and Kozilek combined were almost to big. When Nissa did her trick to pull them into Zendikar, their sheer presence almost destroyed Zendikar. I think Emmy might be to big by herself.
Thread posts: 95
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.