[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Infinity is a 28mm scale futuristic skirmish game by Corvus

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 325
Thread images: 41

File: Anathamatic.jpg (225KB, 1063x555px) Image search: [Google]
Anathamatic.jpg
225KB, 1063x555px
Infinity is a 28mm scale futuristic skirmish game by Corvus Belli where Ariadna is the best faction because beards.

>All the rules are for free. Buying the books is only relevant for fluff:
http://www.infinitythegame.com/archive.php

>Provisional Catalog where you can look at pretty pictures of the miniatures you're thinking of getting:
http://www.infinitythegame.com/catalogue/

>Rules wikis:
http://wiki.infinitythegame.com/en/Main_Page
http://www.infinitythewiki.com/en/Main_Page

>Rules Wiki Offline Backup
https://mega.nz/#!Dxs3VbKQ!_tRgLeIszkdMBvnpCFE4xHELtngLRL26cexppwmAIws

>Official Army Builder:
https://army.infinitythegame.com/

>Token Generator:
http://inf-dice.ghostlords.com/markers/

>N3 Hacker Helper:
http://www.captainspud.com/n3hacking/

>N3 Reverse Index Web App (a bit outdated as of HSN3 but still a bit viable to look at)
http://n3index.bastian-dornauf.de/

>Batreps:
http://www.youtube.com/#/playlist?list=PLzrPO7KIAtwXlOUh545nq21WQaW7YxuGc

>Terrain:
http://pastebin.com/Hy9SRkmJ

>Faction Rundown:
http://www.mediafire.com/view/mqaaf5fosmti5b4/Infinity_Faction_Rundown_v.1.3.rtf

>All Consolidated Rules:
https://www.mediafire.com/?xm5aqb4sdx4g446

>Operation Icestorm Scan (beginner missions)
https://mega.nz/#!AkkG0ZZA!CE-YzCWIWVROcSnnlkZI8SMWxWoNb1LkFbWI-LamYR8

>The RPG Kickstarter
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/modiphius/corvus-bellis-infinity-roleplaying-game

>WIP Tactica
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Category:Infinity_Tactics

>RPG Character Creation
http://infinity.modiphiusapps.hostinguk.org/

>Faction colour scheme creator here:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/61395031/Infinity/index.html

Ok, so I'm interested in this game, specifically, in the OP image model.

What do I need to do to field it effectively, and what kind of army is Combined Arms?
>>
>>50007915

>Ok, so I'm interested in this game, specifically, in the OP image model.
Good, Anathematic is a rape train.

>What do I need to do to field it effectively, and what kind of army is Combined Arms?
I don't actually know, I've never used one or seen one used. But from what I gather......
CA Vanilla (The only CA army who can use it) are a bit all over like most VAnilla armies. Since you take take literally anything from the faction it's more "What you want" and less "what you need". That being said bring a hacker+Engi because the worst thing that can happen once your big beastie pops out of camo is getting his ass shut down.

Hacker is a popular option because he has high WIP and EI hacking is fairly dastardly.
Also Sepsitor is pretty nasty and even though it's a bit of an investment he still packs plasma which is nice.
>>
>>50008208
The second place at Interplanetary was a combined player and he used an Anathematic. He has about 14 orders iirc, including Datz, Unidrons, Ikadron, Dr Worm, etc.
>>
File: 1455139994181.gif (118KB, 490x375px) Image search: [Google]
1455139994181.gif
118KB, 490x375px
Relatively new to Infinity, been playing a few games for the past month or so an have been rocking some Jesus loving, China hating, Military Order knights. As well as they have performed, I have been struggling against my buddies Nomad army, his hack happy shenanigans really fucks with my shiny armour and my only real defense against it is Fairy Dust and faith, but that only takes me so far. Been running teams of Sergeants and cutting down on the HI knights against him but what are some some good ways to deal with hacking in a very Heavy Infantry based army? Or even just tips for fighting Nomads?
>>
File: BLACK FRIAR.jpg (73KB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
BLACK FRIAR.jpg
73KB, 900x506px
>>50008559

Well, firstly, what does he like to take? Is he Vanilla, Corregidor, or Bakunin?

Pic Related will fuck unholy amounts of degenerate arse if the Nomads abuses Intruders.

Also consider Defersen/Father Knight if you want to fight back with hacking. FK's BTS of 9 laughs off feeble hacking attempts.

Got any lists for either of ya?
>>
>>50008559
de fersen, as stated by the other anon, and if your using MO as a sectorial and not just a majority knight vanilla list then try getting some magisters. a link of volatile fuck mothers that can chew through troops and dodge their way into enemy territory is not a bad way to go.
>>
>>50007915
CA for the most part is an elite army with a bunch of expensive dudes, though all the races have their own specialties. Quite a few unique gimmicks to play around with. Ana is an absolute beast, though it pays heavily for that TO camouflage and doesn't get as many fun toys as Charontids or Skiavoros. The hacker lieutenant is the best profile, the others aren't anywhere near as good imo. The sepsitor can be fun on occasion, but there's better platforms for it.

>>50008559
Crusaders and Father-Knights might be good. If you're afraid of the Crusader getting hacked you can walk him on. De Fersen is good too.
>>
Can a miniature holding one weapon from a profile officially proxy for a statblock that has a miniature with every weapon from the profile? That is, can a rifle mini officially proxy a statblock that has rifle+shotgun+pistol if the rifle+shotgun+pistol exists?

Seems like a dick move to release very specific stat blocks with multiple weapons when the mini for at least one existed and there are stat blocks without representation for the same unit if this is the case.
>>
>>50009397
Yeah, I'd say so.

Is there an example of such a thing though?
>>
File: Test List.png (217KB, 696x434px) Image search: [Google]
Test List.png
217KB, 696x434px
>>50008662
Likes Corregidor, but normally use vanilla against me for those dank Interventors. I don't have any of his lists but he's pretty fond of Intruders too, as well as anything that brings Krazy Koalas.

This is the list I've been fiddling with for our next game, I haven't changed anything yet, but the main thing I'm seeing would be to swap the Holy Sep knight with Defersen. I like the FK for the high BTS but I'm not sure what he should be rocking, I feel his potential is limited with weapons from the 2 Lieutenant options.
>>
Is there any role that Yu Jing can't reasonably field? They seem pretty well rounded.

A good sniper, arguably.
>>
>>50008559
Are you using the stealth granted to your knights by martial arts, most of them have a level of it. It will make it harder for them to hack you for aro's if you don't break stealth. The easiest way to get threw a hacking net is to sneak right through it. Hacking works best as an ARO, during the active turn it becomes very order inefficient.
>>
>>50009495
Arguably.

The missile hac tao, and new profile yan hou are great ranged aro pieces, and the bao trooper's ace with smoke support in the active turn or a 3+ man link.
>>
>>50009456
Always infiltrate Konnie, he's far more useful further up the board. And honestly you've got more than enough MSV already, there's other stuff you could focus on.

HMG might not be the right call for that Crusader, you're up against hackers and they like to hide in corners where long range weapons are unweildy. I'd go for a MULTI rifle or spitfire instead.

Don't make the FK your lieutenant. You've got a Sepulchre right there, they make great lieutenants. FKs should predominantly be missile launchers, hackers or FOs. The hacker is probably best against Nomads, carbonite is a downright vicious program even when facing Interventors.

>>50009495
Raiden snipers are alright despite being overshadowed by the superior HRL, but YJ mostly just replaces their snipers with rockets and missiles.
>>
>>50009538
Oh shit! I didn't even notice MA gave stealth, now I feel like a twit. That defiantly changes things.

>>50009572
Alright cool, thanks for the advice. I'll play around with the list in a bit here and see what I can whip up.
>>
>>50008662
Black Friar isn't gonna do much in ARO against an HMG Intruder.

Even with Biometric Visor L1, he still gets ripped to shreds.

FK can still be hurt by Breaker hacking abilities and Boarding/Heavy Shotguns. Of which Nomads has no issues getting an attack vector with.

Seraphs scare the bejeezus out of me as a Nomad Player who doesn't like to use any TAGs.
>>
Have got a 150 points elimination game no advanced rules (so no hacking) as part of an escalation league in a weeks time. I'm playing vanilla Nomads and am probably facing a vanilla Yu Jing list with MSV2 and HI so not being able to use Interventors or Custodiers is a real bitch. How bad of an idea is it to take an Iguana at 150 points to take advantage of the lack of hacking? Its ARM doesn't seem tough enough to stop it being taken out in the first round and if it is that's half of my list gone. Was thinking something like this:

Nomads
──────────────────────────────────────────────────

5 / 2 / 2
IGUANA HMG, Heavy Flamethrower / . (2 | 71)
IGUANA OPERATOR HMG / Pistol, Knife. (0)
BAKUNIN ÜBERFALLKOMMANDO . (0 | 22)
CHIMERA Combi Rifle, Nanopulser, Eclipse Grenades / Viral CCW. (0 | 20)
x2 PUPNIK DA CCW. (0 | 2)
MORLOCK Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, E/M CCW. (0 | 6)
ZERO Boarding Shotgun, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 17)
DAKTARI Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 14)
ALGUACIL Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 10)
ALGUACIL Lieutenant Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 10)

3 SWC | 150 Points
>>
>>50009422
First models I can think of are the Chain Colt Sekban & DEP Muyib.
Chain Colt Sekban can proxy as any profile aside from the Spitfire.
>>
>>50012487
Post made me look, and then realized the heavy rocket launcher Sekban has an assault pistol. Then looked around and noticed it's a regular thing.

I need to remember I have that damn pistol on my dudes (especially my Noctifer).
>>
>>50011550
>Black Friar isn't gonna do much in ARO against an HMG Intruder.
Mate, Albedo. BF can simply block Intruder from acting for a turn.
>>
>>50012877
I think that anon was talking about the sniper. No albedo there.
>>
>>50008208
>>50008878
Interesting.

Is there a place I can find a rundown of the CA faction, perhaps?
>>
currently playing(sorta) Haqq, Qapu Khalqi mainly, looking to branch out
would the onyx contact force be a good choice for sowmthing that plays fairly differently than Haqq?
>>
>>50012877
Couldn't a smart Nomad player would leave their Intruder prone?

>>50012921
The MSR is definitely a sitting duck. The MR profile is too once Albedo wears off. I got you.

>>50013794
Did you check the faction rundown?
>>
>Silent
>If you use this weapon or piece of Equipment to make an Attack while outside the target's LoF, that target cannot react by Changing Facing or apply the Warning! rule unless he survives the Attack (that is, isn't in a Null state after the Attack is resolved).

>Additionally, enemies without LoF in whose Zone of Control the Attack took place or was declared cannot declare AROs or apply the Warning! rule unless the target survives the Attack. This means that these enemies must delay their ARO declaration until after the Attack is resolved.

>Figures engaged in CC can draw a 360˚ LoF, but only to whatever they are in base contact with.

Doesn't this mean that the silent quality on knives is completely useless? Since the opponent will get LoF as soon as they make base to base contact in order to use it?
>>
>>50014990
It doesn't alert other fags in the ZoC.
>>
>>50014910
He could, but he cannot use the intruder safely in a fire lane guarded by a Black Friar until next turn. So that is one fire lane where you can deploy your troops safely and force the intruder to risk multiple AROs on turn two. Alternatively he must waste first turn orders to get rid of the Black Friar.
>>
>>50014910
I saw the general rundown, but there's a shitload of models for sale in the faction, so I was curious as to what they all did, how good they were, shit like that.
>>
>>50015402
Look for the mini here http://store.infinitythegame.com/

Then, look for their stat block here https://army.infinitythegame.com/

That's what I've been doing while agonizing about how the sectorial I want to play is composed of the worst units in it's faction.
>>
>>50015442
Are you the USAriadna guy with shitty meta? Because USARF is widely regarded as kind of strong.
>>
>>50016255
No, but I AM looking at USAriadna. It seems like you aren't really going to field more than vanilla's AVA for everything worth fielding.

On paper, the only reason to play USAriadna seems to be to field more than 2 grunts or more than 1 blackjack. For it's other units, the other sectorials have options that are often cheaper or more efficient for the same job due to not playing for random situational shit like terrains or other stuff they can't even make full use of.

Yet, the other sectorial's numerically better options don't really attract me model-wise (Nor do the blackjack's invisible model or the thought of having 5+ identical grunts). I think I'll just end up playing something else.
>>
>>50016455
USARF has a tonn of cool suff, the only problem is that it takes years to release the models
>>
>>50016455
The reason to play USARF are extremely cheap links of absurdly tough units. Yeah, vet kazaks, chasseurs etc are great, but USARF units are just tough motherfuckers. A defensive Grunt link is a sure way to get your Mavericks where you need them uncontested.
>>
Planning on grabbing the Muyib box since getting that means I can easily start up into HB with what I already own.

Was curious if the female Muyib's hair was just a spot on the back of her head and not having to anchor elsewhere and leave more cover up work for me. I really dislike it.
>>
>>50016455

I mean between the swc box and the starter, there's already 7 individual sculpts
>>
What is your faction and why do you like them? Me Tohaa
Glorious symbiote suits
>>
>>50018797
Haqqislam: doctors, shotguns, flamethrowers, oh my!
>>
Anyone got a good list for double TAG? I want some combination for seraph, tik or uhlan, preferably seraph and tik
>>
>>50018037
IIRC her head and the hair are a single piece, so you can just snip it off and smooth down the cut.
>>
>>50019418
That's even better, thanks.
>>
File: 2012-04-09-490463.jpg (4MB, 1800x3184px) Image search: [Google]
2012-04-09-490463.jpg
4MB, 1800x3184px
>>50018797
My mains is Nomads and Haqqislam, no i don't wan't to choose one of them.

Nomads because i love crazy shit, and they are funnest bunch too boot. Also with how all the 3 ship works, individual culture, and relation on each other is highly unique and kinda radical.

Haqqislam because of their unique Hanafi-ism few on Islam, and actually kinda depart from current potrayal of Islam itself (which is always fewed in prespective of traditionalist and wahhabism, which is just a loud minority of Islam) and i'm a Muslim myself
>>
What is the ultimate waifu squad?
>>
>>50016455
Mavericks are good and very mobile, Minutemen are unremarkable but can make links and are cheap for their shooting ability, Marauders are tough as hell and versatile, the yank infiltrators are very cheap, and you get a few other dudes that are just as good in vanilla but are useful in sectorial nonetheless.

>>50018797
Combined Army. I like the interesting variety of races, except for the Umbra.
>>
>>50019754
>i'm a Muslim myself
You know what your people are doing in Europe is causing nationalism and right ideas to grow in power again right? You know if your kind keep doing eventually white men will snap and remove kebab by force.
>>
>>50019952
Oh look, /pol/ decided that people were being too nice and civil.
>>
>>50019952
back to your containment board
>>
>>50019952
Correct me if I'm wrong but I feel like muslims probably aren't a hive mind, so there's absolutely no point in telling that anon such a thing.
>>
File: sekban.jpg (258KB, 800x566px) Image search: [Google]
sekban.jpg
258KB, 800x566px
>>50018797
Haqqislam, purely on aesthetic.
>>
>>50015402
Well, ask about some of the models you like and get some feedback from us. We're totally not a hive mind.
>>
File: 1422554339981.png (424KB, 635x474px) Image search: [Google]
1422554339981.png
424KB, 635x474px
>>50020141
Yeah but he could relay it to his local Isis branch head next time he goes in for their meetings.
>>
>>50020188
I'm drawn to the Batdroids, the Rodoks Armored Implosion models, and the Drone Remotes.
>>
>>50020217

>Armored Implosion

This is actually a much cooler name for angry space apes
>>
>>50015184
In a vacuum I agree that depending on the circumstances they could eat one another up.

Both have strong edges vs. the other if something swings their way.

Just keeping it fair.
>>
File: 102_5011.jpg (338KB, 1152x476px) Image search: [Google]
102_5011.jpg
338KB, 1152x476px
Painted a(n occassional Guilang Proxy) Zhayedan. Doing a departure from the vanilla scheme and the colorless vaguely riot police scheme that I went for most of the rest of the box.Trying out a new color for the coat. Saw it in a how to paint space marines book and figured it actually could look good.

This is the guy who doesn't fail to disappoint me from this box. Straight BAMF with the Marksman Breaker Rifle causing two wounds per hit.
>>
>>50020614
>This is the guy who doesn't fail to disappoint me
You mean doesn't disappoint you? What you said means you're disappointed.
>>
>>50019852
Uberfallkommando
>>
>>50020709
Would it help to say English isn't my first language?

Just a mix up. I meant he does not disappoint him. I find him decent but I do occasionally think he's a bit points bloated compared to some HI or Camo units near the price point.
>>
>>50020910
>he does not disappoint him.
OMG, I need some sleep.
>>
File: KsXRRV0.jpg (74KB, 1000x441px) Image search: [Google]
KsXRRV0.jpg
74KB, 1000x441px
>>50007915
Anyone else stoked for the new Al fasid? I want to get one but i don't know if it's worth the points to run 2 of them
>>
So, if I wanted to run an army of heavy armored, hard hitting infantry, which faction would I choose?
>>
>>50021105
Yu Jing is the prime heavy infantry faction. PanO has good HI as well.
>>
>>50021105
Can be done with any faction, effectively.
>>
File: Kanren5.jpg (58KB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
Kanren5.jpg
58KB, 900x506px
Why can't corvus belli get Asian faces right?
I love the models and I'm actually an ISS player, but none of my guys without helmets actually look like Chinese people to me.
>>
>>50021036
Thats pretty sexy. Was thinking of starting a Haqq army and paint them up like Fremen but the movie/mini series dont really leave much in the way of color variety. maybe pick up Atriedes colors too.
>>
>>50020190
>Every muslims is ISIS wah wah
>My white privelege are thinning, it must be those muslims again.

Im that muslim guy, even here ISIS are banned by entire country and we all gratefull for it because they almost plunge the entire country to another 3 way embargos again.

If you white bois can't even reproduce then blame it to your misfortune of being born with limp dick, not us.
>>
>>50021180
It because not every asians are ching chong and there's possibility that space chinese are mostly mixed because they're fucking everywhere.
>>
>>50021377
Moderates don't matter.

You're viewed through the lens of extremists because that's what people see most.

To be fair muslims are pretty scummy.
I know people who work on airlines and no woman ever wants to be on a flight coming out of that middle eastern shit hole because all the men are retarded walking sexual harassment cases. So they get the dudes to go ham on you retards and threaten to kick you off the plane.
During flight.

Enjoy your goat.
>>
Sup dudes, quick question for ya:

What units do you love to use despite how the meta says otherwise? Pic related in vanilla Ariadna
>>
File: YOUAREHUGE.png (56KB, 206x206px) Image search: [Google]
YOUAREHUGE.png
56KB, 206x206px
>>50021180
Been slowly but steadily assembling Steel Phalanx, after playing all this Haqq and Nomads lately, I feel very much like pic related.
My 200 list is pretty easy to build. 250 though is kind of tricky. Thoughts on Atalanta?
>>
>>50021036
>Anyone else stoked for the new Al fasid?
>One-hand an assault rifle
>hips full of space coke
>Being more marines than muhreeens
>there's a chance it was a fit chick inside.

FUCK
YES

>i don't know if it's worth the points to run 2 of them

Worth every of it
>>
File: Untitled.png (150KB, 555x371px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
150KB, 555x371px
i have had lots of success with this list
>>
>>50021416
Moderates are still backwards fuck heads that think killing people for leaving Islam is acceptable. But that is a different discussion not for little metal space men threads.

>>50021377
You are getting baited, granted adding and spoilering your religious affiliation was probably bait as well considering these threads.
>>
File: 1466648985704.png (37KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1466648985704.png
37KB, 250x250px
>>50021469
>there's a chance it was a fit chick inside.
Muh dick, Muh wallet

So what else besides the usual Ghulam Cheerleader squad would you run in a 2 Al Fasid list?
>>
>>50021416
Whatever man, enjoy that rubber chick more when im here running with your bitches.

And hail hitlard!
>>
>>50021536

Hafzas and Naffatun. :^)

Then make your opponent guess where your LT/Specialist actually is.
>>
File: ODD.png (289KB, 540x505px)
ODD.png
289KB, 540x505px
I'm really glad I run djanz with MSV2 because goddamn my meta is ODD everywhere.
What's your meta like Anon?
Silently awaiting Caliphate sectorial to drop.
Any ETA?
>>
>>50021573
Somehting like this look ok? I'm used to running my sniper tuareg and a lasiq so i feel lacking in that long range support fire
>>
>>50021702
spend an extra point and give that fiday a DACCW bruh.
>>
>>50021702
Dude, play limited insertion and please remove that rifle ghulams, thats too much.

Better put it on those snipers, enginers, slavebot or on some TR remotes.
>>
>>50019852
Hungries (gakis for purity) and rifle oznat. Accept no other waifu squad.
>>
File: VCourage.jpg (107KB, 800x532px) Image search: [Google]
VCourage.jpg
107KB, 800x532px
>>50021747
Look at this guy. He reckons there's such a thing as "too much". Look at him. Look at him and laugh.
>>
>>50021732
Oh shi--
Good watching out.

>>50021747
But...muh action economy!
>>
>>50019852
I'm bleeding out. My last thoughts are "damn HMGs", as my vision blurs, a comrade comes up to me and props up my rapidly bleeding husk.
"He's bleeding out. Is there a doctor anywhere?!"
The nearby wall shimmers as a Murabid Tuareg doctor materializes out of the wall.
"Yes."

I ran a murabid doctor for the hell of it because I had the points and didn't want to proxy and I was not disappointed. 10/10 would allow to save my troops again.
>>
File: lol i dunno.jpg (152KB, 700x524px) Image search: [Google]
lol i dunno.jpg
152KB, 700x524px
>>50021702
Welp, as I usually don't play that many 300-point/kurwa spam games, I haven't built a list for that in a loooong time.

The main reason I suggested Hafzas was so you could run an effective holoprojector shell game; you know, find the LT. But, if order efficiency is your thing...
>>
>>50021895
I haven't proxied Muttawi'ah what do they do other than be impetuous and jam?
>>
>>50021928
I swear they're jamaican coz those niggas always be smokin' and jammin'
>>
File: 1435952110835.png (2MB, 1400x1050px)
1435952110835.png
2MB, 1400x1050px
>>50018797
Combined Army

What is this Loss of Lieutenant? I can't hear you over all the plasma I'm raining down on everything.
>>
File: TAG.jpg (22KB, 350x396px) Image search: [Google]
TAG.jpg
22KB, 350x396px
>>50021999
>>
>>50021960
Lol, so on your impetuous order you can only move to the closest enemy right? I haven't used any impetuous guys yet.
>>
>>50022027
Correct. So you position them in such a way as they can move and chuck smoke to screen the next impetuous mover, who then runs into the smoke and chucks some more.
If they're dumb enough to let you blast their link with it, laugh as the link breaks and you shut down their HI with a laser tag gun.
>>
>>50019852
All female Aleph hitsquad, asuras, sophatect atalanta, and a full set of proxies, backed up by dakni to keep the waifus safe
>>
>>50018797
Nomads and YuJing. Both are all rounder factions with a full spectrum of dirty tricks.

Nomads for their ability to casually establish board control and ability to get a bunch of capability for under 25 points.

Yu Jing for their ability to fight dirty AND fight their way out of a tough spot. Special mention of course to their HI collection which have so many darn tricks/fun loadouts.
>>
>>50021702
Not a Haq player, but you might be served by getting a Hunzakut and Shock Marksman Djan in there to get some additional capability in there.

You can stand to lose a ghulam/Naffatun or two to fit those in.
>>
File: rulsofnature.gif (2MB, 400x225px)
rulsofnature.gif
2MB, 400x225px
>>50018797
JSA, The way hidden deployment works sold me on the game, nothing like cutting tags in half. Power armored samurai are good too.

#MakeNipponGreatAgain
>>
>>50022292
>All these disgusting big jobber units with high close combat skills and weapons but no martial arts or nothing so they die to random normal men
>>
>>50018797
Ariadna/MRRF

Love the fluff behind them, mainly.
>>
>>50018797
Haqq

I like them mainly because they look pretty tacticool while still having some more exotic looking guys. In other games i usually play the wacky out there factions (cryx, lizardmen, and tau) so it was a nice breath of fresh air picking up something more grounded.
>>
>>50022335
Lets be fair, they're good against everything but JSA and it works to enforce the shoot first, punch second mentality the game has, where getting to cc is generally a bad idea.

That's part of why I love JSA though, I have options that nobody else really has with ninjas and now, the hilariously fun and very strong shikami, It's so rewarding to just get around shooting and get in close where you're ironically safest.

I do regret learning the game with them, since just sit back and shoot seems so alien to me. I've been asking to swap lists for friendly games now so I get tastes of other factions. I was shocked to find out how much worse knights are in cc than my HI.

I'm trying to do more stuff with vanilla since I use the domaraki link as a crutch and I love the hac tao and yan hao, but its so weird to not have links.
>>
>>50018797
ISS. Badass space inquisitors, bounty hunters, exploding zombies, wide selection of remorseless murderbots, a goddamn leopard transformer.
What's not to love.

>>50021105
YJ followed closely by PanO.
Almost every faction can pull off some successful HI-heavy list (maybe not so much for Ariadna, I don't know them well tho) but the two I mentioned, expecially YJ, have the widest variety of HI troops to choose from, so you can tailor your big baddies list to your specific needs.

If you want camo infiltrating HI, line troopers HI, HI mounted with TAG-grade weapons, space samurai HI and much more then pledge your loyalty to the Dragon Emperor and he shall grant you these.
>>
>>50022818
Ariadna can pull one off. Their HI is good, most of it just isn't very HI-like.
>>
>>50018797
Corregidor, because invincible powers and nerves of steel.
>>
>>50021425
Wildcats. No one likes them but me.
>>
>>50021425
Alot of players here hate the Shikami for some reason,

They're some of the most fun and effective units in the game to me and can just shred through anything. They serve as just all-purpose rambo.Superjump and nimbus means you have so many options for paths you can take around and can just wade through link teams with them
>>
>>50023187
Must be a shit scene.
>>
File: beepboop.jpg (328KB, 1127x1600px) Image search: [Google]
beepboop.jpg
328KB, 1127x1600px
>>50019852
Aleph grillz
>>
>>50018797
Ariadna: Sneaky and stronk makes for tough army, da?

Yu Jing: Originally weeaboo-tier ninja/samurai/bike love, but now I far prefer the cyberpunk oppression style of ISS and the militaristic vanilla.
>>
File: 280576-0552_4.jpg (280KB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
280576-0552_4.jpg
280KB, 900x506px
>>50019852
Mobile Brigadas.
Boi their girls are thiqqque af. I wish Blackjacks and Marauders get some female miniatures, girls in bulky heavy armor give me a raging boner.
>>
>>50024177
I was sort of disappointed by the female MB, their limbs are so thin and twiggy compared to the dudes it's almost like they're not wearing armour. I'm hoping the IA girls will get bulkier suits.
>>
>>50019852
Riot Grrls are the only true choice.
I really wish I could say Tankhunters though. I long for a Tankhunter waifu model with a long braid, and an autocannon resting on it's butt, in a similar pose to the BSG Fiday and Al Hawwa' sniper
>>
File: 1472361062200 (2).gif (2MB, 365x300px) Image search: [Google]
1472361062200 (2).gif
2MB, 365x300px
>>50024281
>no strong tankhunter GF
Life is pain.
>>
>>50011551
They're not allowing hacking but they are allowing TAGs?

That's unusual for a slow grow in my experiance. If that's the case you may as well exploit the lack of hacking.
>>
>>50021536
The usual culprits... Ghazi, Tankfist Daylami, Ghulams, Hafza Lt., and points permitting, a few goodies like the Hunzaqt, Friday, and Barid.

>>50021155
Haqqislam is catching up in that regard. Asawira, Al-Fasid, and Ayyar are pretty unique.

Nomads as well, buffs to Riot Grrrls, new Taskmasters, and new profiles for Mobile Brigade sure helps.

>>50020217
Welp, the OCF box set plus the SWC Unidron box, a couple of Ikadron blisters, and the new Batroid TAGs will be right up your alley as far as budgeting. Maybe a Malignos and Samaritan down the road.

The Rodoks make for a great offensive link that has some really great options, despite their speed. Umbras and REMs
are super useful. I'm fond of the E-Drone and Q-Drone. Those are all solid units you picked.
>>
>>50024342
All the factions except maybe Tohaa have some good HI, but they can't match the sheer variety of YJ and PanO.
>>
File: 1442573863772.jpg (1MB, 1764x2142px)
1442573863772.jpg
1MB, 1764x2142px
>>50024321
Tell me about it. I've wanted a female TH model for so goddamn long. When I saw the style of the new HMG one I KNEW a female one would look awesome. I really, really hope CB makes one when the Kazak sect comes out, and I really, really hope it's not in a daft pose. Like I said in >>50024281 would be perfect, or even a firing pose. The braid is a must-have though. Give her a strong looking physique for dat kazak style, none of that bloody skinny lanky female power armour shite.
RJ's female spetsnaz 100% related.
>>
>>50024441
>I really, really hope CB makes one when the Kazak sect comes out

I hope they put new short haired Scout girl in the kazak starter box. I've wanted her model since reading N1 rulebook.
>>
>>50024488
Which one's that?
>>
>>50024433
Oh I agree with you. Yu Jing has the most and most diverse HI in the Sphere.
>>
File: 31233132132.png (327KB, 277x481px) Image search: [Google]
31233132132.png
327KB, 277x481px
>>50024745
This qt.
>>
>>50020141

He's either a troll or a bigot.
Don't waste your time on him, it won't achieve anything.
>>
>>50024988
Toppest of top-tier taste.
>>
Guys I wanted to run a janisery link team as the base of my starter QK army. I love the models CB made them for them, the problem is. Somehow CB though it would be a good idea to put 3 in a box, and the only blister dude is the HMG one. Awesome model, that I want to buy too, but it somehow sucks to not have separate rifle janiseries. how am I to run a 5 man link if to actualy get 5 dudes, I have to buy 4 3man boxs boxs. Is there a way to go around it some how. As much as it would suck, I am willing to wait for the blister janisaris, am also willing to replace some of them with other factions HI, I just don't know which models look simiular to janisaries.
>>
>>50025253
There's a fifth Jan in the QK starter. He's very short compared to the others though.
>>
>>50024988
Ah yeah, I forgot about that artwork.
>>
>>50021180
Its the future, so they've all gone threw the gene therapy to make themselves white. The paint job is wrong since they should be blond as well.
>>
>>50021180
I think the older hand sculpted ones looked more chinese than the new ones.

Problem is to convey those sorts of features at this scale you need to be so cartoonish it borders on racist. I have always appreciated their ability to convey slavic pudgey face on the kazak stuff though.
>>
>>50025324
I have the QK starter and the 3 man janisary box, and the red veil haqq part, and the QK starter has an al'hawa, djabanzan sniper , 3 hawza and an odelisque. Maybe I got the wrong modes in it. That would suck.
>>
>>50025932
He's mistaken, the old vanilla starter has the basic Jannisarie. Luckily the new one hasn't rolled out solo yet, so plenty of places still have the old.
>>
>>50021180
Except the old starter Zhanshis.
>>
>>50023169
They're fuckin great. Defensive rocket aro wrecks face.
>>
>>50025946
yeah, I just noticed. Guess I will have to wait for pre chrismas order to have one or two, it is kind of a odd how BC sends stuff here. How much slower are the old janiseries compering to the new ones? I have no wait to check at work.
>>
>>50026011
The one in the box is shorter and slimmer than the box of three, having been made when they started using CAD so anything then is on the short side.

But it's just a basic AP Rifle with a little ridge of sand he poses on. Though I'd suggest pinning the arms if you can. They're out a fair bit from the small body and like to catch on everything.
>>
File: 280286-0586_2.jpg (186KB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
280286-0586_2.jpg
186KB, 900x506px
I just picked up a box of Stingrays (mostly for the Tikbalang, I don't really get the Uhlan) and it sorta struck me how much their guns look like spitfires rather than the usual PanO HMGs. I'm sure it's mostly my imagination, but it was still a weird moment.
>>
>>50026038
Meh. Well I hope CB is going to make a blister dude aside for the hmg one. 3 dudes in a box suck, specialy when someone is bad at converting models. I need 3 dudes with rifles, want to run a Doc/rifle/rifle/HMG/Launcher dude, with the rifle dudes being actualy hawza
>>
>>50026109
Yeah a lot of factions have a hard time getting basic versions of non-line troops.

Wish they did more like they do with Sekbans and Muyibs by having one holding a weapon that almost all loadouts have (chain colt on the Sekban, DEP on the Muyib). Makes it easy to say it's whatever.
>>
>>50026109
Though one thing to note, a Hafza doesn't have to match the loadout of the model it's pretending to be. Can have your rifle Hafza be a missile launcher Jannisarie.
>>
>>50026138
yeah I get it, but I don't understand why they make a 4 man box for naftuns, when people maybe use 1-2, a 4 man box djabanza when people maybe use a HMG or a sniper dude, and when a unit actualy might get run as a 5 it gets 3 dudes in a box. Specialy when other factions HI get 4 dudes in a box. Unless they count the tin bot as a one dude too.
>>
>>50026180
It is true, only I do want to run a launcher and a hmg janisery. Now I could of course pretend that the link has 2-3 HMG and 1-2 launcher, only to do that I would have to buy all those extra blisters or 2-3 extra boxs, to make one link. And it is way above my hobby budget.
>>
>>50026215
Best I can suggest is finding online or where you're at to split boxes when you have the funds. Pay someone for the one model you actually want.

Otherwise it's hope for CB to make more individual blisters.
>>
>>50026234
Do they make those anymore. The store owner in my city told me they stoped doing blisters almost completly, and concentrate on those 4 man boxs and the dual box dire foes things. I just don't understand why all other boxs are 4 man, and CB decided to make this one 3 man. I understand the 2 model remote boxs, or the yu jing transformers. But janiseries just don't make sense.
Do morats have 3 man boxs too?
>>
>>50026389
Their new Suryat box is three with a tinbot. They certainly consider the tinbot another model.

They still do blisters here and there, usually for stuff that you rarely take more than one or two of. But seems anything that can make a fireteam they want to pack 3-4 into a box and then hide that fifth one in another box or just blister it (ala ML Sekban).
>>
>>50026425
there is no janisary in the red veil box, and there are no new starters for haqislam. And the chance they will make a haqislam in the near future is rather slim. I actualy wish they didn't have haqqislam in red veil, because they seem to count that as a starter, and there is nothing a QK players wants in it. No idea if it is the same for yu jing/nomad/pan'o players.
>>
>>50026501
The Red Veil starter is aimed at the coming sectorial Ramah Taskforce. So given enough time they'll eventually have to release a new Jannisarie product since the old starter will be out of production.

Same for the Yu Jing side, aimed at the White Banner sectorial coming out later. So if you're ISS or JSA there's not much reason to get it.
>>
>>50026389
They're still making blisters of the more expensive guys that can't be linked.

The Suryat box is 3 man, because you're encouraged to use Raktoraks in your Suryat links. And you might as well, nearly every Morat player has a Raktorak and it's not like the little shit is going to be useful anywhere else.

>>50026501
It certainly seems more like an early Rama starter than anything else. Icestorm and the YJ side of Red Veil have more variety in that regard.

>>50026654
What? The only White Banner units in Red Veil are the Zhanshi and the Tiger Soldier.
>>
>>50024433
In N2, there really wasn't a lot of variety for PanO due to the Knights overlapping one another. Luckily N3 gave them some new roles, gear, and direction.

Yu Jing still has the most unique HI with the Dao Fei, Su Jian, Karakuri, and Yan Huo. I just wish they would do something with the Shang Ji. It's in a weird spot with how cheap and useful the Zuyong is and how non-specialized they are compared to the more elite HI like the Hsien, Hac Tao, and Shikami.
>>
>>50026751
I don't play CA, I play haqq, I just wondered if there are other 3 dude HI boxs. I understand that raktoraks are some sort of a trick unit, like my hawza. The problem with hawzais that why it does lower the link cost etc, but I still need 5 janisary models on the table till the hawza get discovered. I am not even sure I can deploy a 5 man link of janisaries with hawza in it without all 5 models being janisaries durning deployment.
>>50026654
I wish my store owner told me that, before I bought red veil, and not after. Right now I am using only the taureg. No idea why they didn't make the HI dude a janisary, and not the al fasid.
Knowing my luck the QK starter is going to come in 2 years, and while am ok with waiting some time, Waiting for years would make starting the game a stupid move on my side .
>>
>>50026831
They'll probably be more appealing in sectorial. I expect haris, hacker+tinbot teams should be a fun time.

They could do with something nice, though. Maybe forward deployment or MA1 for the stealth. Not too expensive, but good utility that fits their role.
>>
File: 1477129324436.jpg (74KB, 434x546px) Image search: [Google]
1477129324436.jpg
74KB, 434x546px
>Transmission Matrix with an E-Drone against another sectorial/tohaa
>>
>>50026895
Hafzas can link without using the holoprojector. Deploying disguised is optional.
>>
>>50028155
Also as soon as they do anything with a die roll they'll come out of projector state.

I've always seen them as a cheap specialist or ML instead of whatever shell game you could play.
>>
What religion do Yu Jing people follow?
>>
>>50028488
No real strict religious presence, but Neo Confucianism and Buddhism still find their way around with some other groups practicing Islam even.
>>
File: american doggos suck.jpg (529KB, 1435x1098px) Image search: [Google]
american doggos suck.jpg
529KB, 1435x1098px
Why is devil dog allowed to be this shit?
>Only one chain rifle
>No granades
>Antipode buddy is synchronized
>Extreme impetuous

They only need to fix one of these. ONE. To make it worth the investment. Give it two chain rifles, grenades, take off impetous for frenzy, make it regular or make the antipode anything but synchronized.

As it is, it does everything worse than the other dog warriors and is just a very expensive sensor.
>>
>>50028545
How else is the antipode supposed to fit in? G:servant?
>>
>>50024255
Fucking LI have bulkier models than the femme brigada. Huge disappointment. Planning on using my brigadas and riot grrrls as conversion fodder once nw riot grrrls come out.

>>50024177
Brigada females are twiggy.
>>
>>50029312
Wonder why Haqqs do female armor better? Fem janissair doesn't differ much from her male counterparts and naffatuns are almost indistinguishable.
>>
>>50011551
Tags will be very difficult for people unprepared to deal with them. No hacking and having the the iguana makes that a pretty scary 150 points. Look at bringing a remote, tr bots at that point value are pretty difficult to deal with
>>
>>50028545

I agree that no grenade, single chain rifle is such a problem. thus heavy shotgun is the only attractive option for devil doge in vanilla.
>>
>>50011551

Nomads

6 / 1 / 1
IGUANA HMG, Heavy Flamethrower / . (2 | 71)
IGUANA OPERATOR HMG / Pistol, Knife. (0)
LUNOKHOD Heavy Shotgun, Akrylat-Kanone, D-Charges, CrazyKoalas (2) / Electric Pulse. (0 | 24)
ALGUACIL Lieutenant Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 10)
ALGUACIL Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 10)
CLOCKMAKER Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 18)
ZONDBOT Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)
TRANSDUCTOR ZOND Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)
MORLOCK Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, DA CCW. (0 | 6)

3 SWC | 150 Points

no hacking, yeah for remotes.

engineer would be better for you investing half of points into a tag. uberfall and morlock are impossible to be healed.
>>
>>50023187
The only reason I don't like the Shikami is because it doesn't have a gorgeos model out yet, and I use the Domaru as my Lt pretty often so I can't proxy one of them with a Domaru
>>
GwBgTAPgzCIQygVwE4E8CGAXAzhMYBSAViIE4CBGUgDmAIEI6iAWKS056hgdmOefZFC9XiwFhSJHnwFUiFBgqJQuVMG3rriodtV70BLBVWYL6FJZ3bczFvqtI2CAAVdA

Limited Insertion tourney coming up in a couple weeks, any suggestions for my Biotechvore list?
>>
>>50032136
10 / 2
KORNAK Lieutenant Mk12, Light Flamethrower / Pistol, DA CCW. (0 | 41)
RAKTORAK Vulkan Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 22)
SURYAT Heavy Rocket Launcher, Light Shotgun / Pistol, CCW. (2 | 39)
SURYAT HMG + TinBot A (Deflector L1) / Pistol, CCW. (2 | 45)
SURYAT MULTI Rifle + Light Flamethrower / Pistol, CCW. (0 | 41)
MORAT Hacker (EI Hacking Device) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 22)
ANYAT K1 Combi Rifle, Chain-colt, Smoke Grenades, E/M Grenades / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 25)
YAOGAT Spitfire / Pistol, CCW. (1.5 | 32)
DĀTURAZI Chain Rifle, Grenades, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW. (0 | 14)
DĀTURAZI Chain Rifle, Grenades, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW. (0 | 14)

6 SWC | 295 Points

Plain Text for ease
>>
Been away for about a week so I never saw if it got resolved. Did anyone find a ruling against a Corregidor bandit stealing someone's bike and then going into TO Camo with it?
>>
>>50032751
Some anons answered when I asked, looks like there wasn't anything in the rules to prevent it. Also technically drones can ride bikes too apparently.

Fyi, bandits dont have TO Camo, just plain old Camo and infiltration.
>>
>>50032916
My bad. But there is nothing that says I can't just ride around on the bigger base as a bike?
>>
>>50033435

yes, nothing stops bandit to go camo riding a bike.
>>
>>50028545

I want devil doge carrying a bow.
>>
>>50033474

>Antipode pack carrying tactical bow

>unopposed 2 15 dam DA round
>such devastation
>wow
>>
>>50029299
Independent unit that needs to stay in zone of control or fireteam:duo antipode+devil doggo.

I'll accept an increase of up to 10 points if it makes it actually useful.
>>
File: image.png (215KB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
215KB, 1334x750px
CB is on fire with their promo material lately.
First the Wu Ming have the ALEPH logo and now this.
>>
>>50034313
CB has pretty much exploded since something like last year. Like, I mean, something like most of the current model line is very recent releases.
>>
Hello.
>>
>>50034313
It's because it's a Hafza in disguise. Like everything else.
>>
>>50036842
If only.
It's a Fiday
>>
Can someone help me deal with aleph using Qapu Khalaki sectorial?
Right now I have a the QK starter, djanbazzan box, sekban box, sekban HRL, support pack, Al fasid, taureg and a AL hawwa.
The combination of MSV sniper and nimbus+ODD is making it impossible for me do anything.
>>
>>50037344
You know nimbus isn't a zero vis zone like normal smoke and msv takes penalties shooting through it right?

Flamethrowers and other fire weapons will burn off odd on hit, even if they make the arm save. You can also speculative fire at them.

What is your terrain setup like? Do you have enough that a sniper isn't aroing the entire table? Djan HMG should be shredding through odd, especially linked. You have plenty of cheap templates and you can pull off a proper msv smoke combo with a yaun.

Is there any unit in particular that you have trouble with? QK gets a lot of options and can do some really strong lists.
>>
>>50037433
I think we do have enough terrain to sneak around. In fact some people say there is too much of terrain. But normaly there are 3-4 objectives, 1 is in line of the sniper that kills my dudes if they come in to LoS. And one of the two other is normaly swarmed with with his dudes. And the third one is not as much taken, as he normaly rushs the third one with ajax or achiles and kills any of my dudes that come in range.

As far as flamers go, am not sure, but I think that non of my dudes can have flamers. Maybe the ghulam. I know the sekban don't have a model option for a flamer, neither do the djanbazan.
>>
Which way is the Hsien fins supposed to go? Can't seem to find a concensus
>>
Rolled 1 (1d2)

>>50037638
Up if 1
Down if 2
>>
>>50037616
>1 is in line of the sniper that kills my dudes
Christ all mighty why.
>>
>>50037616
Achilles is brutal at close range but he's also hackable, so put your Al Hawwa to work and carbonite the shit out of him. It's good reactively since you'll can cause him to waste orders, and it's good actively since you can just walk up and place D-charges while he tries to reset. Djans are good against ODD too, especially when you link them, but I'd keep them at longer range if possible.

Ajax is different. No ODD, but very tough nevertheless. Sekban links are better here since you get AP rifles and better BS.

Your only flamethrowers are on a Mobile Brigada and the Iguana. You do have the Sekban HRL though, and against heavy ODD/camo stuff like Achilles it can be worth it to link up and just send 3 BS16 rounds out. If even one hits then he can kiss goodbye to that ODD.
>>
Found a Squalo without arms in one of the FLGS' bitzboxes today and got it for 5€.
Do you guys think the arms of the Cutter from the Tech-Bee bootleg kit would fit there? I've been eyeing that box anyway, since I want to use the Tech-Bee as a Machinist.
>>
>>50037638
According to designer, up. According to CB, down.
>>
>>50037657
Well it works well for armies with strong snipers, and most people play armies with those. It makes it easier to keep two objectives clear, take one and then take the middle one on last turn, if your last or stop anyone from taking the middle if your second.
>>
>>50037784
so no way to deal with them without links. Damn, well I guess it is going to be three loses this month, as the tournament org decided that links won't be an option in this months games. Maybe Ill borrow some naftuns and ask if I can play vanila and not QK.
>>
>>50038000
Links are pretty much the only reason to play most sectorials, so yeah. If there's no links, play vanilla.

>>50037976
You don't get strong snipers, but you can take a lot of them since your sniper rifles are 0.5 SWC. Keep that in mind.
>>
>>50038012
Yeah I know, links and different AVA on stuff. I wanted to start with QK, because of sekban duos. It is just that the last month was TAG month, and this one is no links month, December will be no spec ops, and hackers as only specialists month. January stuff wasn't posted yet.
>>
>>50038012
I tried runing dual djanbazan. It didn't work so well. The hmg one is ok, but they aren't very resilient. I know they aren't HI, and all, but realy they could have at least given them higher BS or something. MSV2 is good, but it doesn't do much when the dudes are slow and die as soon as they move out of cover.
>>
File: Maggie!.jpg (98KB, 907x750px) Image search: [Google]
Maggie!.jpg
98KB, 907x750px
Almost finished my Maghariba Guard. Just need to touch up some minor details.
Probably the funnest model to paint so far.
>>
>>50038713
I see the Brotherhood of Nod is expanding into new territories.
>>
>>50038859
That was subconsciously my inspiration I guess. It wasn't until I almost finished painting that I realized what the scheme reminded me of.
>>
>>50038130
>not running a HMG, Sniper, Doctor Djan link with 2 Hafza.
It's like you don't want to win.
>>
/r/ing those impossible standards images
>>
How is it decided which units get a Lt profile? For example, it seems odd that a Hsien with HMG gets one while the similar Aquila Guard doesn't.
>>
>>50040537
Someone at CB decides that something should get a lieutenant profile. It's not like they have an algorithm for it.
>>
>>50040537
With a dartboard.
Yeah, no Lt. on Aquila HMG seems weird, considering Aquilas are supposed to be senior officers. Maybe it would be too powerful as an extra rambo order or something.
>>
>>50040694
Man, give me a Lt option for the Squalo HGL and I might actually field the fucker.
>>
>>50040537
It's possible it's just part of faction design.

Nomads for example only have two HI LT options with no TAGS or access to chain of command.

Vanilla Yujing/ISS gives HI LT big gun options all the time while JSA are literally stuck with chain rifles. Both have CoC.
>>
>no LT Spitfire Asura

Meanwhile Charontids and Anathematics have Plasma Specialist lieutenants.
>>
I played in a map yesterday where the first 10 inches of the deployment zone were barren. The guy said this was normal, but I highly doubt it. Essentially, the deployment for both players just had them stick all their dudes in a pile behind the first building in their deployment zone.

It was pretty shit. Any way to argue a more populated deployment zone?
>>
File: javier-urena-hsien-03[1].jpg (148KB, 1024x1280px) Image search: [Google]
javier-urena-hsien-03[1].jpg
148KB, 1024x1280px
>>50037638
It's up. Sculptor, the talented Javier Ureña, rendered it so.
>>50037653
doubly so.
>>
>>50041457
>she only gets short range weapons
>she doesn't get a Lt option for every profile
>her HD+ profile has a fucking combi and still has to pay for MSV3
>she can't even mind control her foes
Aleph please stop, everybody knows that you'll never be as good as the beautiful and illustrious EI and you're just embarrassing yourself by trying.
>>
If Corvus Belli were to give out a box for Halloween, which would it be?
>>
>>50041713
Umbra cause they're so spoopy
>>
>>50041695
It...it looks kinda silly that way.
>>
>>50041755
you look kinda silly that way
>>
>>50041578
yep, out terrain described. did it have guard towers for snipers ?
>>
>>50041772
With upwarf-facing bristles on my back? Yeah, I suppose I would.
>>
>>50042054
The last two inches were right behind the first wall for the buildings, with the only high ground for deployment being on two 2" tall no cover containers. Since the containers were overlooking higher ground, they were essentially death traps.

The middle was fine. But, the deployment zone was a shooting gallery for infiltrating units and half the orders on the first turn were spent moving units to places that they should have pretty much started at. Since the guy who populated the map is the most experienced player we kinda are forced to just take whatever he says as true.

Like, he was telling me AP ammo halved armor after applying cover, and we had to play it that way, when I have read it in the rules that it is before applying cover.
>>
>>50042185
He's wrong and stupid. Fight him for dominance of the pack.
>>
>>50042232
lolno. He's a long time friend of the regulars and I would just look like a retard new guy fighting him at every turn. I will try to get people to understand why it's all wrong, tho. Maybe invite people to play on days he's not there so they see how much better the game is with all rules in place. Once I get my army set up, that is.
>>
>>50042598
>with all the right rules in place*
>>
>>50042598
Put a pdf of the rulebook on your phone, call him out with proof the rules are different. If people still take his side just go somewhere else.
>>
>>50041578
>The guy said this was normal, but I highly doubt it
You're right to, but if there's enough scenery in the middle to break fire lanes, then it should not be much of a problem.
>>
>>50042185
Man it is, as if you were playing in my store. Did the dude also claim that on important missions, steelphalanx gets a +1/+2 movment boost to all their dudes that see an achiles?
>>
File: impossible standards.jpg (117KB, 791x667px) Image search: [Google]
impossible standards.jpg
117KB, 791x667px
>>50040293
Do you mean like this?
>>
Quick question:

If a model with frenzy causes a wound, do they still keep their regular order when they gain the impetuous order, or do they change to irregular?
>>
>>50042776
That does little to combat AD or a template that gets in the back line.

Generally you don't want there to be one spot where a single model can see all of a deployment zone. Otherwise the game goes too far into alpha strikes.

My personal rule of thumb is you shouldn't be able to draw a straight line from one board edge to its opposite, whether it's deployment to deployment or side to side.
>>
>>50043829
Frenzy never causes a model to become Irregular. There are Regular Impetuous units (Magister Knights).
>>
I AM GROOT
>>
>>50044489
cool theme
>>
>>50043769
Yeah, thanks.
>>
I want to avoid face to face rolls at all cost. Since my experience with them is that nothing you do to set up a kill matters, since the asshole will just crit or roll better than you. I find this incredibly frustrating.

I want to either, roll unopposed or just force my opponent to roll the armor/bts saving throw. With that in mind, I would have no interest in my soldier's safety and have been looking at templates and berserk for now. Is there any faction or unit I should be looking at in particular?
>>
>>50045453
have you played the game? not trying to be an asshole. serious question.
stacking the odds actually works. if you really have a problem, try running killers that either outrange the target, or stack bonuses on your roll and penalties on the opponent's.

for example a TO camo crocman with boarding shotgun in the +6 rangeband using surprise shot, from cover.
you gain +6 on your roll and the target takes a -12 penalty (in an optimal scenario) that's basically 18 in your favour, and you take two shots.
>>
>>50045453
Backstab with knifes and tac bows.

Otherwise the best you can do is stacking odds in your favor as. >>50045676 says.
>>
>>50045676
I don't know, It seemed that all my attacks were being done at -9 or -6, even in good range bands, and the most I could get on the opponent was -3.

The opponent makes one good roll, and poof: You're the one who died without doing anything. Since this was not my army, I'm just thinking I don't want to deal with this bullshit at all when I do get one. The other option seems to be to look at which armies have the best visor+AP options. But, that will just place me at the 5% chance per die rolled of always being the one who dies no matter what you did.

>>50045711
>
>>50014990
Silent don't do shit with knives because of the LoF rules. Tho, bows do work.
>>
>>50045453

Browse speculative shot.
>>
>>50046094
> It seemed that all my attacks were being done at -9 or -6, even in good range bands, and the most I could get on the opponent was -3.

that's stacking the odds. that's the same thing you need to do against him.
I'd say, go with PanO. they have lotsa hi-tech stuff that can level the playing field.

Aquila Guard with HMG and multi-spectral visor lvl3 - this guy is a monster. he's not only an ARM4 power armoured badass with two wounds, he ignores all MODs from all kinds of camo and ODD, auto-discovers camo markers (no roll, just spend the order), and with HMG you can start shooting from very far.
put him in cover for that sweet ARM7, and he'll be a pain to dislodge.

Nisse sniper also has MSV, but only lvl2. he still needs to roll discover against markers, but he ignores all penalties from all kinds of camo and ODD.
he's ARM3 with Mimetism (-3 BS to your attacker). put him in cover on (preferably high-ground), and he'll spot remove a lot of annoying troopers. multi-sniper rifle also has different ammo types you can use.

Hexa with Spitfire and TO camo is a good killer. TO camo will keep your ass safe, for the most part, and the gun's high Burst and Surprise Shot will help you minimize the change of losing the FtF roll.
after you clean up, go back into camo state as defense.

you can go full on bully mode with a HMG Swiss Guard. ARM5 W2 TO camo will make your opponent cry.
or you can run the hacker version with multi-rifle as a specialist. in turns you don't go back to camo, get in cover and use suppressive fire. your opponent will get -12 BS when targeting you (-3 for cover, -3 for suppression, -6 for TO camo). add to that, ARM 8 in cover, he's practically a S2 TAG.

or you can run the Cutter if you can spare the points. he's a ARM8 STR3 TAG with TO camo. go tell me that's fair if you dare.

(cont.)
>>
Is there any indication of when we'll see the new sectorial lists?
>>
>>50045453
>>50046420

Pano and nomad have heavy grenade launcher tag.

You may take a look at grenade and lgls, haqq and ariadna are decent.
Haqq can use jammer which can be used across the wall.
>>
>>50046094
>Doesn't want to deal with rng
>Plays dice based game.
Play go or chess anon, rng swings both ways and it keeps the game interesting and unexpected.

Also, it's less than 5% since you can counter their crits with your own, active turn Going crit fishing with low bs, high burst weapons is a valid gamble.

>my attacks were being done at -9 or -6, even in good range bands
wtf are you shooting at? TO in cover and suppression fire? Who do you play as an what do you have trouble with?
>>
>>50046491
Alternatively, YJ can bring msv2+ smoke, ninjas with cc 26 that reduce their rolls by 3 or even 9 for absolute odds stacking.
>>
>>50044070
Cheers mate
>>
>>50046532
>wtf are you shooting at? TO in cover and suppression fire?
Pretty much. I had a borrowed army of squishy nomad dudes and my opponent had a pan-o army of heavily armored TO cammo dudes and tags.

Trying to hack shit was the safest alternative, but it wasn't getting me anywhere, and shooting anything just ended in my paper dude being dead. I lost because I suck, yes. I'm mostly asking this stuff to see what I could do to dampen my suckage. You know, like how the army figured to give soldiers automatic weapons to make up for their shit accuracy.
>>
>>50046491
if you don't want to bother with FtF rolls, NCA can spam Auxilias. for 11 pts you get an order monkey and an expendable auxbot with a heavy flamethrower. and they have AVA total in NCA.

Black Friars are also great. no model for the sniper yet, but you can proxy it with the multi rifle one.
he's a religious MI with MSV2 and a multi sniper rifle, meaning he won't back down under fire. great for a sniper.

another good way to avoid FtF rolls is to get a Squalo with heavy grenade launcher, mark a target with forward observer, and start bombarding shit. you still gotta win the FO roll, but hey... it's something.

the Jotum and Tikbalang also has heavy flamethrower.

the Sierra is a remote with HMG and total reaction. so he'll still roll 4 dice in your reactive turn, and he's cheap as shit.

Croc Men also have TO Camo, X Visor (ignores a -3 MOD on BS rolls no matter what), and you can either give him a boarding shotgun and go in close, or a sniper rifle for long range spot removal.
I like the BS version, since he can get in the +6 BS range band, and even if the target has cover, the X visor will negate the BS penalty for it. add to that, surprise shot and TO camo penalties...
that's stacking the odds.

oh, and last but not least, Bolts have drop bears.
>>
>>50046709

1. Take Intruder
2. Make use of speculative shot and direct template.
3. Hack with either HD or machette. Both ignores camo and odd.
>>
>>50046788

4. Riot grrl has msv1, brigada has flamer.
5. Bring your own TO and odd.
>>
>>50046709
Oh, literally that, ew, with things in suppressive, if they do anything but shoot in aro, they leave that state, so if you throw grenades over a wall at them, they either have to facetank it or dodge and be out of suppressive fire. Carbonite is your friend and killer hackers are really strong against other hackers. As nomads, you need to use all the tricks you have, if you try to brute force, you'll usually loose out, especially against a brute force list.
>>
>>50046619
MSV with smoke is indeed nasty. if the opponent doesn't have MSV to counter that.

if the opponent sports a lot of MSV, you can also use Albedo to mess with them.
for those unfamiliar with this equipment, it's essentially a zero visibility zone for models with MSV.
the multi-rifle Black Friar has it. so you can go and hunt MVS troopers with it, and the target can only shoot back with -6 on their BS.
>>
>>50046788
>3. Hack with either HD or machette. Both ignores camo and odd.

underrated comment. I kek'd heartily.
>>
Real example:

Swiss guard missile is on sentry in cover, spetsnaz HMG strikes there with 30' range.

Against spetsnaz:
-3 for cover
-3 for camo
-3 for surprise shot
+3 for range

1 bs9 shot

Against swiss guard
-6 for TO camo
+3 for range
4 bs 9 shot
And Imo spetsnaz has a good chance.
>>
>>50047032
CC example from Saturday

a YJ TOcamo marker moves into base to base contact with a hexa hacker. It reveals itself as a ninja killer hacker and declares surprise attack using martial arts level 3.

Because camo means nothing in close combat, the ninja will be on 26 (roll die and add 6 to it)

cc23
+3 martial arts level 3

The hexa has a few options. shoot the ninja on approach would be on a 0, so literally cannot do.

bs 12
+3 range
-6 surprise attack
-6 TO camo
-3 martial arts lv 3

Try to cc the ninja and be on a 6, so would need to roll a crit since the ninja is adding 6 to her roll.

cc 15
-3 martial arts lv3
-6 surprise attack

Dodge the ninja on a 2, again, needing to crit.

Ph 11
-6 suprise attack
-3 martial arts lv 3

Hack the ninja using brain blast on a 7,slim odds, but the best the hexa can do.

wip 13
-6 surprise attack
-3 martial arts lv 3
>>
>>50047445
Er, hacking should be on a 4, idk what I was thinking there, cc, dodging, and hacking are all equal rolls since they would all need to crit to not get auto beaten. Depending on positioning, dodging or hacking would be the best options. Brainblast has a higher damage than cc and ninjas have bts 0. Dodging would give you space away from the ninja to have others aro her if she tried to charge into cc again as well as keeping her in los to deny recamoing.
>>
>>50046788
And to add to this, the best way to hack a big guy is with an assault hacking device using carbonite. It's fairly reliable against anything but BTS9, and it allows you to make an unopposed roll against he target as he can't do anything but try to reset in ARO.
>>
>>50049123
If he can see you, he can shoot you to force a ftf
>>
>>50049139
Hacking in LoS generally isn't a great idea unless there's no other choice.

But sorry, I worded my other post poorly. What I actually meant is that once you've immobilized him, you can send out your big gun to fuck him up and he can't do anything but reset in response.
>>
>>50046784
X-Visor only negates range penalties to bs, the same way msv only negates camo and marksmanship only negates cover. Still pretty good since it gives you flexibility on your rangebands and you can poke your shotgun out to 24 without penalty.

>>50049254
I was wondering on that, as note though, if something is immobilized-1, and gets an aro, it can declare reset to try to get itself unstuck,

http://wiki.infinitythegame.com/en/index.php?title=X-Visor
>>
Seems like anything you'd want to target with guided has ecm, and with u-turn being a thing and a burst of 1, I'm having a hard time seeing guided missiles doing anything unless you spend a dozen orders on them.

Are they as bad as they look?
>>
>>50050089
There's little reason to bother outside some random luck when shit isn't on the table to stop it any more.

Though if you need a missile, 18 or whatever points for one on a robot you can buff, ain't too bad.
>>
>>50050089
They're alright at spanking link teams and particularly annoying HI like Hac Tao equivalents. Usually not worth it though, U-Turn being able to stack really fucks them.
>>
>>50050089
Look at their range bands. Yes, they have a strange + range band but the rest of the range is 0 on BS 12 platforms.

Also, the combination of AP+DA on a template means outside of total immunity, stuff gets killed dead. Armor halved and no cover bonus for saves.

At the very least they are good for watching for AD models trying to sneak in. Give them Increased burst or Marksmanship and you've got a really nasty ARO piece.

If you've got a way to get repeater or spotlight hacker in position, you have the option to put almost no risk high damage shots on target. Yeah, it's going to probably eat a lot of orders, but you are buying safety with those orders.

You're getting all this capability on a platform that is just a few points more expensive than a line trooper with a regular missile launcher.

It's not a complete solution in and of itself, but it is a decent backline piece that is capable of killing shit that only gets better with support. The guided mode is pretty much a cherry on top.
>>
>>50050747
Honestly I prefer to use FO for targeting most of the time. Spotlight is just too unreliable, and TO infiltrators are hard as hell to hit, often have good WIP and can get into a good position. They sure as hell aren't going to be able to take on a link or big guy on their own.
>>
Combined Army

GROUP 1 10
IKADRON (Baggage, Repeater) 2 Light Flamethrowers, Flash Pulse / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0 | 9)
UNIDRON Plasma Carbine / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0 | 14)
R-DRONE Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)
XEODRON Red Fury, Blitzen / Heavy Pistol. (1 | 59)
UNIDRON K1 Combi Rifle + 1 TinBot A (Deflector L1) / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0.5 | 17)
IKADRON (Baggage, Repeater) 2 Light Flamethrowers, Flash Pulse / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0 | 9)
ZERAT Hacker (EI Assault Hacking Device) Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 25)
UMBRA LEGATE Lieutenant Spitfire, Flash Pulse / Pistol, DA CCW. (1.5 | 41)
UNIDRON K1 Combi Rifle + 1 TinBot A (Deflector L1) / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0.5 | 17)

GROUP 23
OVERDRON Hyper-Rapid Magnetic Cannon / . (2 | 74)
R-DRONE Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)
ÍMETRON . (0 | 4)

6 SWC | 299 Points

Ok, so I'm interested in this game, but have no fucking clue what I'm doing. I really like the idea of the Batdroids, so I just tried to throw a list together that used them.

How badly did I fuck up?
>>
I know that our lord and saviour Angel Giraldez removed most of his tutorials from his facebook page and his blog.
But did anyone by chance save all of his tutorials?
>>
>>50050931
If you really like Batroids consider the Onyx sectorial. It's based around them and you can link your Unidrons together.

>How badly did I fuck up?
Quite a bit, but I've seen far worse lists.
You don't have anywhere near enough orders for that Overdron. 3 is not enough for a big active turn killer like that.
Zerats are bad. It's more than worth the points to upgrade into a Shrouded.
You have no real way to deal with enemy camo. You have a couple of Ikadrons which is good, but it isn't really enough. Generally you'll want a dude with MSV or sensor in a list, or failing that a lot of flamethrowers.
>>
>>50051045
Oh, and also you don't have any real defensive units. Snipers and missile launchers are good for that.
>>
>>50051045
Ok, so the squads themselves determine how many orders you get, not the overall army.

I'll look at Onyx then, if that's the case. What are the advantages/disadvantages of the sectorials?
>>
>>50051335
Sectorials only let you pick from a limited range of units, but you're allowed to take more of those units and you can form link teams with a few of them, which give them bonuses and allow you to move multiple dudes with one order.

Most sectorials have certain things they're bad at or simply can't do to compensate for the advantages link teams provide. For example, Onyx has no access to smoke and also can't take the highly useful EI Aspects. If you're just in it for the Batroids there's no real reason not to go Onyx though.
>>
>>50051407
Onyx Contact Force

GROUP 1 8
NEXUS Hacker (EI Hacking Device) Combi Rifle, Nullifier / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 24)
ÍMETRON . (0 | 4)
UNIDRON Missile Launcher, Light Shotgun / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (1.5 | 20)
MAAKREP TRACKER Combi Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 29)

GROUP 28
ÍMETRON . (0 | 4)
NEXUS Lieutenant (Specialist Operative) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 16)
UNIDRON Plasma Sniper Rifle / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (1.5 | 24)

6 SWC | 300 Points

Second verse, same as the first, I guess.
>>
File: Dia De Los Spektrs.png (260KB, 876x600px) Image search: [Google]
Dia De Los Spektrs.png
260KB, 876x600px
>>
>>50051433
Oh, and I forgot to mention. You can only take one core link team and one haris link team. You can take an infinite number of duos, but that's not really relevant in Onyx since there's only one AVA2 unit with the ability.
>>
>>50051447
Onyx Contact Force

GROUP 1 7
NEXUS Hacker (EI Hacking Device) Combi Rifle, Nullifier / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 24)
MAAKREP TRACKER Hacker (EI Hacking Device) Boarding Shotgun, Grenades / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 34)

GROUP 28
ÍMETRON . (0 | 4)
ÍMETRON . (0 | 4)
Q-DRONE HMG / Electric Pulse. (1 | 26)
M-DRONE Combi Rifle, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 17)

6 SWC | 296 Points

I assume you're telling me to drop the link team from the second group.
>>
>>50051472
As a rule of thumb, don't make your MSV2 guy a hacker. Snipers and HMGs/spitfires are the only way to go for them. I'd recommend an HMG since you don't have any real active turn units in the first group.

If you put that tinbot Unidron in the link then it will give its bonus against enemy hackers to the entire link.

Really you could probably cut down on troop numbers and get some more elite dudes in there. I find that something like 12-13 with 10 dudes in one group and 3 dudes that don't eat many orders in the second group.
>>
Is the OP Army scheme painter broken for anyone else?
>>
>>50051434
cute!
>>
I WANT MY AZRAIL CORE LINK AND UNLIMITED HAFZA BACK
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>50054165
I WANT MY PURE MAGISTER LINK BACK AND I WANT USEFUL TEUTONS!
REEEEE!
>>
>>50054165
DON'T LAUGH AT MY BOLTS THEY'LL WRECK YOUR SHIT!!!!!11!!!!
REEEEEE!!
>>
>>50054165
Sometimes, I JUST WANT TO FIELD FIVE HARAMAKI! WHY DO THEY NEED A BABYSITTING DOMARU?
>>
>>50054784
Because they're actual retards who run into enemy firelanes because they are literally incapable of keeping their murderboners in their pants.
>>
>Swiss Guards are protectors of the church
>Military Orders can't borrow Swiss Guards
This is weird.
>>
>>50054934
Because no one would take any other HI otherwise.
>>
>>50055085
Make it AVA 1.
>>
>>50055182
It would still basically replace Father-Knight. Fireteam: Duo would not be enough to outweigh TO: Camo.
>>
>>50055208
Change the loadouts for military orders or something. The reasoning for throwing Aleph troops into random factions is actually weaker than THE PROTECTORS OF THE CHURCH SHOULD BE ABLE TO FIGHT WITH THE CHURCH REEEEEEEEEEEEE.
>>
Boys, is there an yactual fluff to Infinity?
I'm fairly interested in reading about the actual orders of battle
>>
>>50055415
There's fluff in the physical books (N3 core and HSN3 are two-book sets, one rules and one fluff), but the only scans we have are 1E core and HS for 2E. When the RPG books come out you can expect to see a bunch more fluff.
>>
>>50055415
Yes, but corvus belli has a tight grip on the fluff and doesn't want people talking about it.
>>
>>50055415
There's fluff, but there's almost no actual TO&E anywhere. As far as we're concerned, regiments and armies are made from randomly assorted people that happen to have same patches on the clothes.
>>
>>50051498
What would you suggest, I guess?

I'm at

Onyx Contact Force

GROUP 1 10
MAAKREP TRACKER HMG / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 33)

6 SWC | 230 Points

But not really sure what to do with those last 70 points.

Also, the Haris link is meant for running two TAGs together, right?

I need to figure that shit out as well.
>>
File: IMG_0430.jpg (114KB, 887x895px)
IMG_0430.jpg
114KB, 887x895px
So, uhh... this looked a lot better in my head...
>>
>>50056777
What the hell did you attach to its shoulders?
>>
>>50055415
Here's fluff on the individual units that the website used to have.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/116M600ywaWJdYXm2UQAlt2ytcDo83q0Q-69PKYsG-rI/edit#gid=758906257
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (163KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
163KB, 1280x720px
>>50056865
So, I got a armless Squallo for very cheap. Since I wanted the tech-bee from pic related as a machinist anyway, I also bought that kit.
But the arms alone very vers stubby and looked stupid, so, in a flash of brilliance, I thought to myself: "Well, that open compartment of that Cutter looks like a grenade rack. And the Squallo can carry a HGL. Might as well..."
At the time it made sense to try and attatch those bits between arms and torso, but, oh boy, that didn't pan out at all.
>>
>>50056777
I like it anon, I think the worst part of it was the posing, you have a mix of static and dynamic that brings the whole thing down.
>>
If I have a camo model with minelayer and he deploys with a mine, Can they both be prone camo markers?
>>
>>50057357
No. The mine is not a trooper. You can leave them both staning, if you want, tho.
>>
>>50057357
Mines are always s2. Seems silly but works out practically.
>>
Just dumped my entire army in paint stripper because it looks shit and I'll never be able to paint them well.
What did you lot get up to today?
:(
>>
Anyone have any good channels on YT with good batreps? Miniwargaming used to have good matches but it feels like they're only into Warhammer and shit nowadays.
>>
>>50055732
That's pretty spesific thing to be upset about
>>
>>50058156
Gaming with the cooler make some good batreps
>>
File: battlesystems 2.jpg (231KB, 680x510px) Image search: [Google]
battlesystems 2.jpg
231KB, 680x510px
anyone tried the first release for Infinity?
>>
>>50058603
God, watching the Batreps makes me wanna try this game so bad.
tfw no one to play with
>>
Quick question, if I use a command token to make my engie/doc switch combat group do the g:servants switch too, or do they remain disabled in the old group?

>>50059006
I know that feel, it's the same with Malifaux for me.
Feels bad man.
>>
>>50058156
That's back when Ash used to do their batreps. He has his own channel, Guerilla Miniature Gaming, and the Infinity batreps are under Radio Free Neoterra and Aristeia. There's also Owen's Gaming with the Cooler channel.

Both those guys do a lot more than Infinity but equally supports all of their games.
>>
File: attempt.png (69KB, 600x618px) Image search: [Google]
attempt.png
69KB, 600x618px
>>50056777
>>50057006
Well at least your heart was in the right place.
>>
>>50059336
> if I use a command token to make my engie/doc switch combat group do the g:servants switch too, or do they remain disabled in the old group?

I think they move over with the Doc/Engineer
From the wiki:
"It is mandatory both figures belong to the same Combat Group where they count as a single figure"
>>
>>50056777
You should put the cutter arms onto the squalo body and place the missile pods on top of the shoulders.

>>50057006
I put the Tech Bee in the Squalo's hand
>>
>>50058780

I've had my eyes on this too. Youtube/blog reviews of the earlier sets seem pretty good.
>>
november releases spoiled yet?
>>
>>50060275
Not yet, but guessing from some of CB's snipershot previews the Bakunin Starter and Defiant Truth are very likely
>>
Getting back into Infinity, haven't played in a long time.
How badly is this list going to get hammered?

Group 1 (10 Orders)
Revered Moira LT (Multi Rifle) - 30/1
Prowler Spec Ops (Combi, LFT, AdhL) - 33/0.5
Moran FO (Combi, Koalas) - 22/0.5
Zero Minelayer (Combi, Mines) - 19/0.5
Alguacil FO (Combi, DepRep) - 12/0
Tomcat Doctor (Combi, LFT) - 22/0
-Zondcat - 4/0
Intruder (Multi Sniper) - 43/1.5
Lunokhod (Hvy Shotgun, Akrylat-Kanone, Koalas) 24/0
Alguacil (Combi) - 10/0
Alguacil Hacker (Combi) 18/0.5

Group 2 (4 Orders)
Hellcat (Boarding Shotgun) - 21/0
Alguacil Paramedic (Combi) - 12/0
Alguacil (Multi Sniper) - 18/1.5
Alguacil FO (Combi, DepRep) - 12/0

300/6
>>
Ok, so the new anon asking about the Batroid army earlier.

If I wanted to get started with this, and wanted to build towards an Onxy force(roughly something like this >>50056305 ), what should I buy to start playing the game?

I figured a couple of the Unidrons and a Lt, but I'm curious if it's more specific than that.
>>
>>50061734
There's a 300 pt. OCF army box that you can get for $56-odd. You can buy blisters and shit from there.
>>
>>50061830
>>50061734
>>50061492

On thing I'm really irritated about with the OCF.

Why is it that there are no units in the Oynx Contact Force army list with G: Mneominca? That's literally half the reason to take Batroides in the first place.
>>
Ok I'm getting really confused about smoke ammunition.

Does the special dodge get affected by MOD's like dodge? If I have someone like Yojimbo use smoke for a special dodge and he is normally -3 PH for being on a bike, does that apply for the special dodge as well?
>>
>>50062639
From the Wiki

>Bear in mind that Special Dodge and the Dodge Skill are different things with different rules.

So, I would say No, Yojimbo doesn't suffer the -3 Penalty when throwing Smoke
>>
>>50062639
No. Shooting/Throwing Smoke Grenades is a BS Attack. Special Dodge is a ammunition trait.
>>
>>50060499
Whats Defiant Truth?
>>
>>50059006
The game is awesome, you should try to get someone to start with you.
>>
>>50061492
Anyone? Bueller?
>>
>>50062664
>>50062723
Interesting, thanks for the replies.

Additionally, it says that BS attacks against users of CH:TO are at a -6. Does that also apply even when the user is not in marker state anymore, or is it at all times?

So if a ninja came out of marker state to surprise shot, then was shot at later, does the opponent shooting at the ninja still get -6?
>>
>>50063101
TO Bonus always applies, even if they're not in Camo
>>
>>50063120
Oh my, ninjas and oniwabans suddenly became much more appealing to me. Thanks for the quick answers friend.
>>
>>50063054
The next Dire Foes set
>>
>>50062453
Aspects are vanilla only, because their whole deal is that they coordinate the entire Combined Army. And that's hardly half the reason to take Batroids, half of them can't even be used as mnemonica sleeves.

>>50063054
It's the next Dire Foes thing.
>>
>>50063679
>>50062453
Ok, I just looked up that skill, and that sounds fucking awesome.

Can I or can I not build a Batroid focused army around it?
>>
I'm gonna start the game with Haqq. Was wondering if anyone could provide some 300pt lists they liked, just so I can get a perspective on building.
>>
File: aang.jpg (142KB, 1473x700px) Image search: [Google]
aang.jpg
142KB, 1473x700px
>>50063723
You sorta can, but you'll miss out on the Unidron link. You can build an army with an Aspect and Batroids in it with no problem, they're all worthwhile in vanilla. You'll need other stuff too though, bats can't do everything.
>>
>Shaolin monks
Holy shit, talk about punching over your weight. Shock close combat with MA lvl 3 will fucking kill near everything that doesn't have MA or other anti-melee fuckery of it's own. For 5 points! Can any unit compare in raw efficiency at all? Hell, the expensive options are still 10-12 points. This is some crazy shit.

Sectorial with shaolin support when?
>>
>>50064093
>Can any unit compare in raw efficiency at all?
Ghazi. They don't kill, but they don't have to expose themselves to jam. Nothing like seeing a guy rage after his Hector falls out of link.
>>
>>50064192
>Just incapacitates the guy in active turns forever until a engineer can come in
Wait, this hits ANY unity?

>Rescuing engineer also gets stuck
>Fags can just stay prone all over the place essentially being insta-kill mines
>>
>>50064093
Shaolin are some nasty fuckers if they get close. But that's if. They drop like flies if someone can bring decent firepower to bear against them, and impetuous means they'll always be trying to get themselves killed. Irregular isn't great either. Ultimately I've been happier with Daturazi for the toughness, grenades, regular order and downright insane MA L4.

>>50064192
Ghazi are the worst shitters. I'm so glad the one Haqq guy around here is obsessed with balance and refuses to use their smoke grenades.
>>
>>50060161

Its the price that really got me going. Sure, its only on a 2x2 board, but its still quite affordable, with lots of depth and heights to it, so I think you could play it even though its that small.
>>
Oi you shits. Fresh bread.
>>50064808
Thread posts: 325
Thread images: 41

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.