[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>playing a session >players follow tracks that lead to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: good ol days.jpg (33KB, 600x639px) Image search: [Google]
good ol days.jpg
33KB, 600x639px
>playing a session
>players follow tracks that lead to a wall, and are also on the other side
>DETECT MAGIC SEARCH FOR CLIMBING PERCEPTION PERCEPTION
>One guy finally points out that they probably just used a ladder

My god. Players can be hilariously dumb some times

stories of PCs overreacting and being paranoid and looking like idiots because of it?
>>
>>50007615

I love it when I roleplay my character using sensible equipment and practical knowledge to overcome a challenge and it just makes the party salty as fuck when the DM rewards going above and beyond what could have just been a skill check.
>>
File: really.jpg (13KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
really.jpg
13KB, 320x180px
>>50007615
>Cleric 'sneaks' no less than 13 knives and two shortswords under her armor when entering
>She had to attempt a DC 36 Stealth Check
>Obviously fails
>Knives literally start falling out of her clothes and onto the ground, alerting everyone in the crowded room filled with nobles and diplomats
>Only reason she wasn't kicked out was because she was hired by the king, required to hand over all of her weaponry
Well, that was a nice way to start off the peace talks (which failed after an incompetent assassin sneak-attacked the king that hired them, they both lived).
>>
>>50007683
Mundane problem with a mundane solution, clearly magic is at work here.
>>
>>50007772
It's called the magic of common sense, which isn't.
>>
>>50007783
This is also why drow are so much crazier than normal elves: undercommon sense
>>
File: image.jpg (108KB, 800x382px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
108KB, 800x382px
>>50007615
> Any low windows?
Only one and its really high up
> Are the foundations solid?
Yes, very
> Any other entrances?
Just the one
> Hear me out, are there trees that lean over the building?
No.
> The door...
Still locked
> Could we climb the wall by punching holes in the stonework?
Possibly, but probably not
> Can we go back to town to buy a grappling hook?
It's a three hour walk mate.

After five more minutes someone realized they hadn't knocked yet.
>>
>>50009491
see

now thats a believable story.
>>
>>50007727
Realistically, since magic is everywhere in DnD, wouldn't it be more effective for people entering a peace meeting to submit to some charm effect, seeing as the weapons don't really matter when someone can just drop fireballs on everyone.
>>
>>50010487
Maybe it's easier to have countermeasures against magical assassination than physical.
>>
>>50007615
To be fair, as a gm, I wouldn't have guessed that unless you had something to go off of. Like, divots that were not footprints by the wall, or some sign the person had been carrying something long and cumbersome, or drag marks.

I can't fit a ladder in my pocket.
>>
>>50009491
I've literally only played D&D once, this happened though (it's a shitty story):

>Join existing group for a one-off session (actual sit down session, not online shit)
>Nobody is roleplaying, just powergaming and grinding, looking up shit in Monster Manual while playing, etc.
>I immediately hate all of them and decide to hardcore roleplay whenever i can to prove that it's better
>We start in a dungeon, no hope of good roleplaying opportunities
>There's a bunch of rooms in this dungeon hallway
>Warlock barged into one of them and got attacked immediately, almost fucking died
>Nobody learns a lesson, just want to grind forward like always
>I approach one of the doors
>After consideration, I knock on the door
>Everyone in the group has an orgasm (exaggeration) and the DM gives me a point of inspiration
>they still fucking talk about that "story" every time I see them because they were so fucking blown away

This is how fucking shitty RPGs are. They fucking killed Satan and all sorts of other gay shit (exaggeration) but yet me knocking on a door is the story they all remember as so memorable.

fuck DnD and all cancerfaggot players
>>
>gming for shadowrun
>players come come across sleeping dog In the way
>stealth run
>do we kill it?
>I don't want to kill a dog
This goes on for about 5 minutes until
>could we just step over it?
>Oh yeah I guess we could
>>
File: 3ad.jpg (68KB, 329x496px) Image search: [Google]
3ad.jpg
68KB, 329x496px
>>50011689
>this happened though
Can confirm, I was the door.
>>
>grou's first session is investigating a cult in a middle of nowhere town.
>Find an old man in the town that's got a few books.
>Inquisitor determines that since the man can read he is extremely suspect. Geriatric scholar is questioned, tortured, then tied up and confined to a closet for several days while the investigation is pending.
>Cult had nothing to do with the old man, he was just supposed to be a resource for information.

Players, not even once. The treatment of this man was so brutal that the new player, who was playing a local ranger, quickly decided he was illiterate.
>>
>>50011714
I pictured a huge half-cyborg troll covered in blood holding a huge gun arguing with a dwarf about killing a sleeping puppy..
>>
>>50009491
I have a similar story, but it was a pull door, and the players specifically decided to push it open.

I learned to be clearer as a GM after that.
>>
>>50007805
Why has nobody kek'd at this yet? Shit was pretty funny.
>>
One time my players spent good 30 minutes looking for a key to unlocked door. I actually had to tell them that they actually find it to move on. Later on they nagged me for "dragging the game out" by making them pointlessly search for a key.

Players.
>>
>>50016366
Players are retards dude

Townies are downies.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.