[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My friend wants to try her hand at DMing and has come to me for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: 1467341042130.jpg (696KB, 850x671px) Image search: [Google]
1467341042130.jpg
696KB, 850x671px
My friend wants to try her hand at DMing and has come to me for help. whats a good system for a first time GM? she has only played 2 OSR systems (beyond the wall and a friend's homebrew.) she wants something rules light.
>>
>>50007187
Barbarians of Lemuria.
>>
>>50007187
>her
>>
>>50007282
too specific to a setting she won't like. it's my fault i should have clarified that she likes really boring fantasy.
>>
File: 1411517671515.png (148KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1411517671515.png
148KB, 300x300px
>>50007321
5e
FATE if she can understand basic arbitration
>>
>>50007187
She wants to DM and likes generic fantasy, and wants to do it without too many rules? Forgotten Realms Book of Lairs. Teach her about a specific area in the realms (probably the Dalelands, but feel free to go with something further East if she doesn't wanna get overburdened with backstory). Give her the book of lairs .pdf and tell her to pick an adventure she likes. Give her some advice for fleshing it out. They provide you two page summaries that fit anywhere and are all pretty nice structures to build from. Less detail-oriented than adventures in Dungeon magazine or something, so she won't have any issue with "but I've gotta understand the rules it relies on." Run it in whatever edition, but pick either Basic or 2e, or you're a terrible human being.
>>
>>50007390
>but pick either Basic or 2e, or you're a terrible human being
How more peaceful these boards might be if only people realised the wisdom in your words and how they apply in almost every situation.
>>
>>50007187
I'm always a fan of Warrior, Rogue, and Mage.
>>
>>50007187
into the odd is a good start for new osr-familiar DMs
>>
>>50007187

Tell her to read a fuckin book once in her life.
>>
Dungeon World sounds like the obvius choice to me?
>>
>>50007187
>beyond the wall
It's good, she's familiar with it, and it's rules light.
>>
ITT we post our favorite game systems

Savage worlds might really suit you for starting out. It's both rules lite (incredibly so) and combat is real easy to keep track of. It's done by drawing cards, which makes it fast, simple, and keeps the players engaged. Character creation is real simple too, so she won't need to help the players too much
>>
>>50007187
So why doesn't she run Beyond The Wall?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.