[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

1st time poster here. i have a question, why did games workshop

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1472295522014.png (76KB, 500x392px) Image search: [Google]
1472295522014.png
76KB, 500x392px
1st time poster here. i have a question, why did games workshop sell warhammer fantasy models for such exorbitant prices, if it was fucking failing?
>>
>>49998205
They sell everything for exorbitant prices. It's not just a Fantasy thing.
>>
>>49998205
GW is filled with jews, extremely stupid and shortsighted jews.
>>
>>49998205
LURK MOAR.
>>
>>49998205
Reducing prices reduces profit if the market isn't there.
>>
>>49998757
Market existed, but the prices were too high for many interested consumers to get into the hobby.
This, plus rules which encouraged Horde play (and thus required a shit ton of models to be competitive), meant that playing Fantasy was a much larger investment than 40k.
>>
>>50001163
Nope, no one was buying fantasy regardless of cost- the game was overcomplicated for the majority of consumers, the game had no shop space and the tournament scene was deader than a dodo
>>
>>50001188
You've got no proof of that because prices never went down. Feel free to make baseless assumptions, but it doesn't make you right.
>>
>>50001163
This is pretty true for GW in general. The initial price to get into any of their hobby games is so high that drives away a lot of their potential customers.
>>
>>50001322
> Implying anyone ever got into the cheaper variants
It was still their own fault for counting on a single product for their everything.
>>
>>50001409
Most of the people at my LGS got into 40k because Kill Team was a thing and they could play with a small number of models.

GW should have brought back a variant of Mordheim as a skirmish mode.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.