[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think is the least random TCG? A problem I have with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: bridge.jpg (489KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
bridge.jpg
489KB, 2000x1000px
What do you think is the least random TCG? A problem I have with a lot of TCGs digital or otherwise is that a bad draw on turn 1 can fuck you over horribly. Are there any TCGs out there that do something to mitigate a player essentially losing the first turn of the game?
>>
Literally every TGC that isn't Magic or Yugioh.
>>
>>49991415

Don't know about LEAST, but I know Cardfight Vanguard's good about this.

>5-card hand
>mulligan rule lets you toss cards of your choice for the same number once
>draw at start of turn before upgrading
>can also use G-zone cards to look at top 5 cards of deck if you have nothing to upgrade with
>get an extra card every time you attack with your vanguard (two if up to grade 3, three if at grade 4), along with every time your extra card OR damage trigger is a draw trigger

Enough cards supplied along with a simpler balance means it's easier to get what you need. Almost never been screwed out of cards.
>>
WIXOSS
>>
Pokemon. There are multiple decks that can roll thru the entire deck in 1 turn on turn 1 if they were to keep playing cards as they're available.
>>
>>49992604

That's taking the solution too far.
>>
Ashes: Rise of the Phoenixborn let's you closer your opening five card hand.

It's also got dice for mana as a trade off, but the dice mechanics end up being a fun element
>>
>>49992645
It's not really like that since they included Supporter type on itens.
The card selection is absurd.
>>
>>49992905

No, it's exactly like that. Supporters are only certain cards, you can still go through massive portions of your deck at once.

I play online, but only theme for that reason.
>>
The old Zatch Bell TCG is entirely nonrandom, with your deck being in a predetermined order. Damage was cards off your deck, so it was all your strategy vs them.
>>
>>49991946
fucking this, play something decent OP.
>>
>>49991415
Magic and Yugioh like this nigga said>>49991946

Hearthstone is THE FUCKING WORST for this. The best card, that every deck runs, has an effect to randomly cast any spell FROM THE GAME. There is good RNG and bad RNG. Yugioh and MtG have the best RNG. No idea about the weeb games. Pokemon just seems like Deck Dump: The Game
>>
>>49994453
Force of Will has the same kinds of RNG as Magic, but with Lands being their own seperate deck that you play from by tapping what is essentially your Commander, which can be done on field or command zone. There's other differences (such as Rulers which are said Commander, and being able to attack tapped creatures instead of players) but that's the big one that effects RNG.
>>
>>49992896
>closer
choose*

In Ashes you get to choose your opening 5-card hand.
>>
>>49991415
If you don't mind me recommending a bit more obscure stuff, Alteil starts with your entire deck in hand, so no draw screw.

There's still randomness (your creatures hit a random enemy in range) but it is largely the least random "traditional" TCG I've played.

LCGs (like Netrunner or Codex) seem to be pretty good at this as well.
>>
>>49991975
That's called a partial Paris mulligan.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.