[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1149: Fantastical Thunderbolt Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 544
Thread images: 60

>Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&usp=sharing

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread
>>49975544
>>
File: XKCD.png (99KB, 283x290px) Image search: [Google]
XKCD.png
99KB, 283x290px
Do you still enjoy seeing new worlds?

If you don't, how long did it take to stop feeling joy?
>>
second
>>
is there a jump where you can pick up blood magic? Something similar to what Vlad has in LoL
>>
>>49991088
There's always something to enjoy, a new vista, different customs, subtle variations on familiar favors and themes.

I love seeing new things, and my companions provide me with a sense of home. It's the best of both worlds.
>>
>>49991168
Darkstalkers
Bloodborne
>>
>>49991168
I didn't see it in the LoL jump, although I imagine you could flow a couple of things to mimic it. But maybe a combination of bloodbending,Blood magic from darkstalker,Vampiric Power from Elona Jump,combined by power combinations from young justice.
>>
File: 1431077809997.jpg (88KB, 768x768px) Image search: [Google]
1431077809997.jpg
88KB, 768x768px
Disgaea perks are basically complete. I'll post the finished list from the WIP later on.

What are you up to, Jumpers?
>>
>>49991168
Libriomancer, Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines, Overlord has some
>>
>>49991246
>>49991282
cool, I look into those

>>49991271
and yeah, looked into LoL before I asked :P Figured if nothing else I could pick up something like Energy(blood) and Kinesis(blood) from Marvel, but that just isn't magic.
>>
>>49991309
shit, meant to thank >>49991269 not >>49991246

you cool too anon, but not as cool
>>
>>49991309
have you considered JoJo vampire? They have substantial powers. Although I don't know if that extends much further than themselves
>>
>>49991278
6'3"
>>
>>49991331
I'm not actually going for Vampire so much as the powerset, but I figure if I have to go vampire I can swing by Tsukihime for the one perk
>>
>>49991357
You should seriously consider getting that perk even if you don't go vampire, it's not like you might not wind up as something else that has a weakness.
>>
>>49991278
Aniexty-induced procrastination that's keeping me from studying for a test I have coming up soon.
>>
>>49991278
Murder. And sometimes Absolute Justice.
>>
>>49991278
Stealing everything I reasonably expect to find in the video games Of my childhood in captain N,I just rustled some multi use labor elements.
>>
>>49991278
Building a small bazaar in a small pocket dimension that I carry with me. Just because I really like the 'hidden magical night market' thing and decided to make one of my own to take along with me.
>>
>>49991088
after arriving in so many worlds burning from the fuckups of those before or being awoken by the sweet siren's song of war and struggle, one starts to feel...strange...when your a dream closer to new and more bloody saga in the chains of fate.
>>
File: Destruction.jpg (81KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Destruction.jpg
81KB, 1280x720px
Continuing on from the previous thread

>>49979503
So Heavens I read your description of him and I thought, "Just destroying the world, that's not that evil" So I decided to do a quick wiki search about them and OH MY GOD YOU ARE NOT KIDDING.

Were to start in this guys long history as a complete monster. Well his motivation for being evil as far as I can see is "screw you I have power." He murders his entire village without any regrets and he also cause all of his party members to become completely insane. Special mention goes to good old Thorndyke. Not only does the Devourlord/Gig use magic to convince him that he killed his own son. But by the end of the game he has pretty much gone insane and thinks that each person he had killed brings him closer to his son. This along with him enslaving some people to fight for him, him murdering the grandchild of one character brutally in front of the grandmother before moving on to kill the grandmother right after.
This guy would not look out of place in Warhammer 40k. Hell this guy stands head to head with some dark Eldar leader for how fucked up and evil he is.
>>
>>49991088
A new world is a new project, and a new way for me to feel good about myself by fixing it up.
>>
so, Tsukihime's "Life Thief" perk. when it says "You have the ability to steal or gift life energy with a particular part of your body." is that innuendo or jumper's choice?
>>
File: SOIYA.png (328KB, 614x717px) Image search: [Google]
SOIYA.png
328KB, 614x717px
>>49991278
Seeking the peace of reason, tryin to find reasons to keep believing and all that.

Really I'm planning on more of a calculated chain cause for some reason rolls arent motivating me as much. College continues to kick everyone in the ass until the fall break so there's that

Tossing stuff in my head for Granblue but not much on paper or pdf, Legfes is in a few days so i'll probably screaming bloody murder about that while this new scenario event gets started up. Maybe I'll get inspired by who I roll but that's probably not happening
>>
>>49991589
And to think, they're a perfectly heroic and loving individual in the game's main story. I always considered Demon!Revya the epitome of why derailing the plot or going full murderhobo is a grueling, awful thing to actually witness. I think folks who actually enjoyed siding with Gig and going full ham on evil eventually reached a point they were uncomfortable.
>>
>>49991607
most likely jumpers choice given the author of the setting.
>>
>>49991608
SOIYA!
>>
>>49991645
I was probably just going to go with jumpers choice anyway, but I figured I would ask, considering everything that happens in the Fate side of that universe
>>
>>49991590
But Bancho how can you know? You won't be able to fix all your horrific mistakes until post spark, since they were your fault in the first place. I mean you could fix things so that they're better than they were before you broke them but cleaning up the shattered worlds you've destroyed can't be anything other than depressing.
>>
>>49991608
SOIYA!
>>
>>49991278
>What are you up to, Jumpers?
Kweh
>>
>>49991631
I actually lost the last fight on purpose. I didn't want Devourlord Revya to win at that point. Oh, but of course, Danette just had to hit me with that one last scene, where she stays with Revya in the Onyx Sword to try and help him/her, even singing a lullaby to them from their childhood. Fuck.
>>
>>49991711
i generally make a point of not shattering worlds that Don't deserve it. Economies yes, cultures yes, but not worlds. I am a bringer of change, positive change! the caterpillar has to get slurry'd to become a butterfly.
>>
>>49991088
In a new world, everything old is new again. Plus there's all sorts of identity-making and resource-gathering what needs doing soonish after the start of a Jump. Besides, I've made a game of noticing the little details that show up in different universes, especially those that are close to home. Restaurants being different, a musician that makes it big when they were just a one-hit-wonder back home... little things.

As a follow-up question, have any of you looked yourself up in the earth-normal Jumps? The ones with a world pretty much like home. Have you ever found yourself, in a more literal fashion than most?

>>49991246
Don't listen to >>49991322, you're super-cool, Anon, and I agree with you seven-eighths-heartedly.

>>49991278
Looking for a fun SPACE Jump I haven't done yet for bonding time with my godchild.

>>49991519
That sounds awesome.
>>
File: [AMAZING].jpg (41KB, 170x170px) Image search: [Google]
[AMAZING].jpg
41KB, 170x170px
>>49991817
EVEN WHEN YOU WIN YOU STILL LOSE
>>
File: mercy or fight.png (525KB, 1024x823px) Image search: [Google]
mercy or fight.png
525KB, 1024x823px
>>49991631
That's the thing with games like these. Games that give moral choices like these usually have it so that you have absolutely no reason at all to be evil and have a much more satisfying story playing good, like Infamous or Undertale.

But the option to be evil still exists and people will chose it just because they have the option to.
>>
File: Mercy.gif (177KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
Mercy.gif
177KB, 500x281px
>>49991919
>>
>>49991919
To be honest that's probably one of the reasons so many people liked the Mask of the Betrayer Expansion to NWN2.
It gave you a reason to be Evil, and the Evil pathline was fucking crazy, but awesome.
>>
File: Congradulations.jpg (26KB, 305x365px) Image search: [Google]
Congradulations.jpg
26KB, 305x365px
>>49991817
Did you like the ending you got anon?
>>
>>49991919
>Please don't repost
>Posts it on 4chan

>People choose to be evil just because they have the option to
>>
The Skull Man Jumpchain
there doesn't seem to be a location table or age roles, was this an oversight or intentional?
The Works of Shotaro Ishinomori +0 necessary, anyone who doesn't take this is an idiot.
pain-and-suffering +0 I am Lord of dreams and I still have nightmares
Dedication to Revenge +100cp nightmares that moved me to do terrible things
A Recurring Suspect +200cp in fairness, they are quite often close and I am usually near the crime scene
Skull Man-400 the abilities I want are locked behind this
Power of Newmanity free for skull man. I am already well past peak human
Ace Rider , free for skull man . Technically I am a motorcycle
hypnotism -100 discounted for skull man taken from stipend always a good trick
induce hallucinations -100 discounted for skull man taken from stipend fun to be had with this
consciousness shift -300 discount for skull man you mean I can make other people more like me?!
Skull Rebirth-300 discount for skull man definitely necessary, considering the kind of conflicts will be getting into post spark
skull suit: let's go with something like robbie reyes, only with a hole for my "hair" and metal bone shaped plates on the torso and limbs free for skull man
skull armor -300 discount for skull man and now all those abilities are boosted, autograft do your thing
the plan:The Syndicate doesn't know what they were messing with, find Tatsuo and exterminate with extreme prejudice, you do not give the Lord of dreams nightmares and expect a pleasant death!
>>
>>49991995
No. It might have been the best ending in that situation, but that's not saying much, and the only one I had to blame for it getting that bad in the first place was myself.
>>
>>49991919
That art is nonsense. "Choose carefully"? There are no consequences to your choice in Undertale, if you go pacifist. It's transparently obvious that the pacifist path is the right one, in Undertale. There's no moral debate to that game. When people think of Undertale as being about good and evil, pacifism and violence, they're missing the point. Undertale is a game about subverting preconceptions about RPGs, not a game about pacifism. It has nothing meaningful to say about the choice to do harm to people, that's just a tool it uses to say meaningful things about other concepts.
>>
>>49992001
That is true.
>>
File: Hope.jpg (44KB, 620x400px) Image search: [Google]
Hope.jpg
44KB, 620x400px
>>49992050
Look on the better side Anon, if you played the Demon Route you probably played the good routes first.
So somewhere in the multiverse you helped Revya and his world get a, relatively, happy ending.
>>
>>49991919
To be fair the evil ending in Infamous is the one that lets you live.
>>
>>49992090
I thought undertale was meant to be a tool through which we showed that all videogames are garbage?
>>
>>49989228
CP doesn't appear at all. In fact, my jumper doesn't even make perk choices. That's what I'm doing, so when jumper/me goes on the chain, it's completely planned out and there's no need for interface.
>>49991088
Hell yeah. New world, new start, new opportunities. at worst, more biomass.
>>49991278
Midterms, tinkering, and dollar BLT sandwiches.
>>
>>49992223
What do you think "subverting preconceptions" means?
>>
>>49992172
Want to know something? I got the Danette ending. So both the Good and Evil endings ended with Revya and Danette together.
>>
>>49992223
no it's a tool to show that There are alternatives to violent conflict in turn-based adventure RPGs
>>
File: Captain Garlock.jpg (85KB, 780x481px) Image search: [Google]
Captain Garlock.jpg
85KB, 780x481px
>>49991088
Of course. There is always another horizon to measure. There is always another set of metaphysics to analyse and compare with the others.

Admittedly, a lot of the mystique has tarnished over the years. But the multiverse is still a beautiful place, for the most part. It's the difference between hearing stories about the sea and actually having to survive a hurricane.

>>49991278
Wondering what the hell I was thinking last jump, and just trying to keep my head together. Well, that and trying to convince the Angela to look less like a space penis and more like a flesh flower.

>>49991589
Wait.

Wait, this...thing, is in Disgaea?

I thought it was supposed to be a happy place.
>>
I'm a little confused about the Rust jump. Are you supposed to be playing a videogame or what? The jump makes it sound both like you're spending the jump playing a game and that you're actually on an island.
>>
File: Fred.png (582KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
Fred.png
582KB, 1280x800px
Fred has boobytrapped your warehouse using everything inside as a tool with perfect precision and application

What goes wrong?
>>
>>49992223
No Anon that's Ride To Hell: Retribution.
>>
>>49992172
>>49991919
>>49991817
It feels weird, but the Demon Path also brings out the best in a lot of characters. I still think the most inspiring part of it is when all the surviving cast, including villains and comic relief characters, unite as a whole to stop YOU.

But, yeah. If anyone asks why murderhobo or maximum edge Jumpers don't appeal to me and why I don't like writing things like that, look no further than the Demon Path.

>>49992278
It normally doesn't. The drawback is what brings them in. It's literally the most horrifying cameo possible short of inviting Baal, Zetta, Valvarotez, and Krichevskoy over for a battle royale. At least three out of those four won't be malicious about it, either.
>>
>>49992278
Soul Nomad, actually.
>>
>>49992291
The second before the trap ensnares me. I use relativistic speed and required secondary powers to swap places with him.
>>
>>49992278
>>49991817
>>49991631

I heard the demon path in That game was bad and to avoid spoiling myself I only now read lil snippets from these spoilered replies. The dark Eldar part made me go "wait hold on is the path THAT evil?"
>>
>>49992285
yes to both kind of, the island is in a video game. And you are in fact on it.
>>
>>49992331
It's not really. People exaggerate a lot. It seems more evil since you spend dozens of hours getting to know the characters on the first play through but most Dark Eldar are far worse then the demon path.
>>
>>49992366
I don't think most Dark Eldar want the universe to be destroyed.
>>
>>49992366
>>49992331
It is a tiny bit of an exaggeration. You've already played several hours of the main story and had plenty of time to get to know the cast, so there's a degree of attachment when you pick the path that forcefully pulls it by the roots.

As for who's most evil or least evil, my answer can be summarized as 'they're both some variation of asshole'.
>>
>>49991088
Seeing genuinely new worlds is always a thrill, but I have grown to utterly despise Earth due entirely to how many different universes there are that are just slightly different variations of it.
>>
>>49992380
Don't think that is what most people are talking about when they say the Demon Path is Evil anon. Plenty of other 40k villains that just want to kill everything though if that's how you measure evil.
>>
>>49992366
>>49992406
Revya destroys everything because it amused him/her. He/she also slaughters countless innocents for the sake of fun, saves an angel's life just so she can witness her best friend's horrific death at his/her hands, drives several people insane to the point where former heroes are happy to torture and kill, and unites everyone else against him/her. He/she's Dark Eldar level evil
>>
>>49992439
Which isn't really all that notable the way some people seem to paint the path as being the ultimate evil.
>>
>>49992278
The game that were talking about is actually another game, created by the same studio, called Soul Nomad and the World Eaters. This game gives you the option to go full on murderhobo.

The reason that we were discussing this is that Heavens included the option to fight the bad end protagonist as one of the drawbacks. Which I really like. It would have been so easy for Heavens to have put "Level 4000 Baal is after you" as the capstone drawback like most standard jump makers would have done. Instead Heaven's used the bad end of another closely related game of the time to give actual emotional reason to take this drawback and fight him rather than just the MOAR POWAH in CP it provides.

It is a drawbacks like that that make me really like Heaven's jumps. that, and the harem perks.
>>
>>49992494
Really? I hate it for very similar reasons. He uses a game that's not connected by more then a cameo character or two and being the same company making it and takes content from it to put in a Disgaea 1 jump, making any future Soul Nomad jump look like it's copycatting when it inevitably has a demon path drawback. It's lazy and sneaky, just taking directly from a tangentially connected game rather then making a creative and relevant drawback for Disgaea 1.
>>
so tell me jump thread...
what is the most depressing setting?
is it constantly battered by war?
in total regulated control by a select single?
maybe something more depraved?

where does hope go to die chains?
>>
>>49992494
Don't really agree with anon calling it sneaky but I don't think Heavens should be so highly praised for something like this, especially when you kinda seem to put down 'standard jump makers' for sticking to their settings. Kinda rude man.
>>
Been thinking about custom robo.

Someone criticised the way I have origins set up, stacked. Been thinking about making them as sets of two, rather than three.

tournament/police
robo/rahu
scientist/criminal
hobbyist/supporter

But then I thought 'what the hell does drop in get as a origin upgrade'?

...any ideas?
>>
>>49992553
Welcome to jump-maker popularity contests, anon.

It doesn't matter what's "canon" in the jump so long as the thread considers it funny, or benefits from it.
>>
>>49992576
>Someone criticised the way I have origins set up
Did they? When? Honestly, it seems fine as-is.
>>
>>49992494
I appreciate the praise, but don't forget I've had my share of lazy drawbacks. Heaven's Lost and some of my capstones come to mind. I don't really consider myself much of a jumpmaker, honestly. I just do what entertains me and other folks. The way I handle things is FAR from universal.
>>49992521
Considering I'm fairly certain a both competent and AMAZING jumpmaker has called it, I'm honestly not worried. And if there's an issue, I can think of something else.

The reason it's not Baal is because he's getting his own scenario - specifically for Jumpers who decided to start the jump directly in his room like a speedrunner on meth. And the reason it's not some of the other Overlord is because amalur is making future Disgaea jumps and exhausing their cameos would be a bad idea.

Priere, meanwhile, will be the final boss of the 'rule your own Netherworld' scenario. And will be a companion option if you win.

Point is, it's impossible to avoid NIS games intersecting in some way, so I basically had to draw a big bad name that wouldn't necessarily contradict future jumps. And post-Demon Path Revya, along with their universe, is VERY dead if they win.
>>
>>49992475
It is more of a setting morality thing.

In Warhammer 40k people do not even blink about the horrible things that happen there because it is the standard Grim Darkness and actions like the Dark Eldar's barely register as anything compared to the evils of everything else. The Dark Eldar are still the most evil things in the setting. They just do not have enough presence to matter much to the whole galaxy.

But in Soul Nomad's setting someone engaging in evil like that would immediately catch the audiences eyes as one of the most evil guys of the setting.

We expect bad things to happen in grimdark settings like Warhammer 40k but we do not expect them in the much more cheerful NIS games.
>>
>>49992593
Something about forcing a one-true-build-esqe situation with the stacking discounts, making it hard to diversify.
>>
>>49992601
>Own netherworld
Yes, because Disgaea doesn't trivialise the chain enough. Let's also give people an entire world to make their warehouses obsolete too.
>>
>>49992601
>Amalur
>AMAZING
>Competent
Hahahahaha.

Have you seen Kingdoms of Amalur? It's pretty bad stuff.
>>
>>49992029
I never felt like age rolls really mattered that much. and location is "japan". The Skull Man's journey of vengeance takes him all across japan. Where you start doesn't really matter.
>>
>>49992651
I was talking about Soul Nomad, anon. Which I believe DeSu anon called.
>>
>>49992631
JumpChain was trivialized when we got Tenchi Muyo, and it was about fucking time.

Pipe down and keep your self-nerfing to yourself, baby.
>>
>>49992679
Oh yes, forgot Heavens was the new champion of the shitposters cause.
>>
>>49992521
This problem is always going to come up for any jump which is tangentially related to another setting though. The inclusion of things therein isn't necessarily a problem, if it adds enough actual content to the premise - I believe this is especially true if the settings are tied together with canonical evidence.

I'll toss up a scratchpad of mine, which is technically a more severe offender. The scenario of this thing references over 30 - 40 other animes. The only link there really is: is that what's being referenced is a SRPG, the Robots are all thematically tied to creatures within the setting itself, and the characters which show up, do so in the game itself. But by merit of the characters alone, technically I've already intruded into Disgaea's territory.

This is the same problem (as far as I can tell) that you find this drawback has with Soul Nomad.

(Thankfully in my case, it's a scratchpad and not an actual jump)

If we stuck strictly to the notion that the jump should only have the "core" of its individual setting, that would generally require unanimous agreement on how a jump is made, which we don't have. On the other hand, if the addition of the content means there's more added to the jump, then shouldn't that be alright?
>>
>>49992631
Minecraft, Terraria and Rick and Morty. That's three settings off the top of my head that give you an entire world.
>>
>>49992679
Way to sabotage your own side, buddy.
>>
>>49992704
Rick and Morty gives you trivial access to entire universes, carried around in your pocket.
>>
>>49992684
>the shitposters cause.

And you're shitposting just the same with this irrelevancy.

The Warehouse is outdated, and as a result people are going to find ways around it.
>>
>>49992700
I'm not sure why you think "This makes a bunch of references to various anime" is anything like "This takes a major foe from another very, very loosely related setting". Makai Kingdom is also much more connected with the rest of Disgaea then Soul nomad is too.
>>
>>49992679
So... what? None of this matters anymore? We can all stop posting builds and writefags because nothing will provide a challenge, it's all trivialized and it's just attempts to get others to jerk us off?
>>
>>49992553
Sorry, I do not mean to offend other jump makers. I think that all of them are wonderful for contributing their jumps to this thread despite all of the shitposting and flames that happens. Anyone that could put up with that and still make jumps is good in my book.
>>
>>49992679
Why did you respond? It's always the same salty shitposter bitching about the same shit.
>>
>>49992576
>>49992618
A one true build situation is if one background overwhelms every other one, where it isn't "hard" to diversify, but there's no appealing to diversification. If that is the case that you find, then just tossing stuff around doesn't exactly change that (if the appeal still lies in one concentrated area).

That being said, you're the author. Are you just going to listen to every whim without considering for yourself whether it's true or not?

>>49992658
>and location is "japan"
Are you serious? I had a good laugh from this, thanks.

>>49992631
>trivialize the chain
I suggest you look at the Lost Odyssey jump on the drive, there's an item on there that has a pretty good exploit as far as trivializing chains go.
>>
>>49992764
>because nothing will provide a challenge, it's all trivialized and it's just attempts to get others to jerk us off?

See, now you're up to speed.

What, did you think JumpChain actually had meaning besides that?
>>
>>49992768
Bullshit, we have some really fucking shitty jumpmakers. Like the idiots who keep thinking we're supposed to play low-power and nerf settings at every opportunity instead of actually making them canon. Hint hint.
>>
>>49992784
>Lost Odyssey
Oh yeah, the one people had lots of problems with that the maker just ignored with a response of "I don't agree and fuck you if you want justification". That's great support.
>>
>>49992763
Son you didn't look carefully at the scenario. The other characters show up. The references to other anime is just extra things on top. I already did that with Knights of Sidonia anyways.
>>
>>49992803
...why would you put a scenario that's just crossovers with other anime?
>>
>>49992787
Then I guess all the jumpmakers can stop making jumps, there's no point since we can all do everything anyway. There's no challenge, there's no interest, there's no reason to continue the chain. Everyone can just do an endjump and finish up, letting us all do something productive, right?

Surely endjumps would be needed to end a useless journey, right?
>>
Someone mentioned this last thread, and I thought i'd throw in my two bits.

If you want to make a new pokemon jump for Sun/Moon, then you should also include ORAS and XY, as i'm fairly certain that all the cool new toys those games gave us are supposed to take place in an alternate dimension.

Something something, apocalypse 3000 years ago created the mega stones. And in another timeline, that didn't happen, and we get the pokemon games prior up until unova.
>>
>>49992818
>Surely endjumps would be needed to end a useless journey, right?

Luckily there's always DBZ.

Let's see the builds rolling, people. We're closing shop.
>>
>>49992812
>...why would you put a scenario that's just crossovers with other anime?
You also didn't look at it carefully. The plot line skeleton follows the exact same one as Makai Kingdom, using a variance based on the characters that show up in the game otherwise. There aren't any "external anime" crossovers by the way since it's Prinnies.

>>49992802
Look, it made it to the drive apparently, so I took a look at it and noticed there was something I could use for ridiculous purposes.
>>
What the fuck is happening right now. Is the shitposter just spamming posts and responding to himself, or did we have a spontaneous influx of assmad and retardation?

People have said before that he becomes active at about 3pm EST on weekends, but what about weekdays?
>>
>>49992887
>or did we have a spontaneous influx of assmad and retardation?

You answered your own question.

Just kick back and watch the sparks, anon. Nothing else you can do because there's no moderation, only extremism.
>>
>>49992818
What are you defining as interesting? I go to settings that don't pose any form of challenge to me because I like them, just because you're the strongest person in a world doesn't mean that there's nothing to do. I get kind of annoyed when people claim the only value in jumpchain is fighting things so if that isn't your intention then I apologise.
>>
>>49992887
This place has always been retarded because nobody wants to agree on anything. You've got people screaming about power levels, screaming about porn, screaming about how jumpmakers should kiss ass or anything that trips tumblr moods.

Allowing more than one jumpmaker was a mistake.
>>
>>49992878
Obviously there's something you can use for bullshit purposes. It's SJ-chan and she just put it on the drive despite ignoring many posts and still continuing discussions about the jump. As she always does. Just left in the middle of an argument and apparently put it on the drive.
>>
>>49992887
We made enough noise about his schedule that he's stopped studying and is now shitposting full time. He's tanking his studies to do this, hilariously.

Just ignore him and the posts replying to him. Post what you like otherwise.
>>
>>49992911
I'm pretty new here so I have no clue what jumpmakers have what reputations nowadays. I mean aside from the breaker combination it's not like the jump is too bad. The presentation style is there, there's a structure and the essentials that can be used for jumping.
>>
>>49992532
Real life.
>>
>>49992936
What combination?
>>
>>49992907
That's not my intention but it seems to be the intention of others using retarded interjump balance. "Oh Tenchi allows us ultimate power so why the fuck aren't you allowing it here?" or "Allowing us to gain a world is too expensive, because this place allows us to carry entire universes therefore you're a fag". It's like >>49992900 said, people around here are too fucking triggered and always go for extremism, because apparently being moderate and cooperative with each other is for pansies and we should all be monkey autists instead.

And don't you dare point this out or you're some dreaded Antired shitposter who's trying to kill the holy Jumpchain. Surely it isn't our own cancer killing us. Nope. We're totally pure and wholesome jumpers, what SMT/Naruto shitvomiting? What are you talking about?
>>
>>49992936
You're being baited by the shitposter.
>>
>>49992936
That guy just likes to have jumpmakers kowtow to his bitching, and gets pissy if they tell him to take a hike. Ignore his salty ass.
>>
>>49992943
There's a really interesting thing that the Royal Seal has, since it only costs 150 discounted, and gives 9 items of equal strength based upon the setting and the background of the jump that you use it in.

So I was considering a natural Royal Seal build of 54 (6 purchases) items, and seeing what settings have the strongest "level" of items, stuff like keyblades and whatnot.
>>
>>49991432
Wow. Kinda nice to know I'm not the only one.
>>
>>49992601
My imagination made me think of Heaven's having a hat filled with paper slips of every NIS game antagonist and villain.

Heaven's draws from the bag and accidently picks up 2 names.

Revya or Noir.

Heavens then flips a coin and gets Revya Just joking with you.
>>
Has my memory failed me or did we have an Angel Beats jump at so point?
>>
What are some jumps where /pol/ was right and you can solve the world's problems by killing one specific group?
>>
>>49992972
Yup, there's one of the big complaints multiple people had that SJ told to piss off.

So great we're all just putting it on the drive because she wants it and doesn't want to get rid of her broken options.
>>
>>49992907
It's the shitposter replying to himself.
>>
>>49992945
And you make it so much better with your constant complaining.
>>
File: 1433857917456.png (177KB, 384x445px) Image search: [Google]
1433857917456.png
177KB, 384x445px
>>49992974
How did you know.
>>
>>49992972
Didn't she remove that? How the fuck is the jump on the drive with that meta bullshit still in it?
>>
>>49992887
It's our resident shitposter, he's just upped his game. You can tell because his posting all follows one thread: shutting down jumps, jump makers, and ultimately the thread.

He's not getting tons of (You)'s right now with his Red stuff, so now he's bitching about Heavens.

But it's not even about that.

His most recent posts are all about how the thread is done, jumpchain is over, and we're all too stupid to understand that. It's the same shit he's been spewing for years. I'm not saying that this thing goes on forever, but it's not over tonight so don't sweat his bullshit right now. He just got fed up with us making fun of him on school nights and calling him out on the weekends.

Make a jump, take a jump, post a build, writefag something, or just shoot the shit about jumping. Enjoy the ride, anon, and don't sweat the bullshit.
>>
>>49992990
Doesn't make me wrong.
>>
>>49993005
It must be so handy how you have a universal shut down button for anything that criticises anything you don't want criticised.
>>
>>49992818
I like this post because it's the most obvious desperate plea, it's basically saying "Please die, I've shitposted for years and dedicated by entire life to killing you, why won't you just die so I can do something else!?"

Yet never do you consider to yourself that maybe you just need to stop and leave us alone, because this place shouldn't be the defacto fixture of your life.
>>
>>49993016
That's how this place works. Anything that doesn't involve agreeing with the extremism of interjump balance and ultimate power is labeled as a shitposter. You can't discuss anything here.
>>
>>49992972
Why don't you listen when people tell you you're feeding the shitposter?
>>
Why don't you fucks just stop talking to and/or about him?
>>
>>49992999
I thought you were right so I checked the version on the drive again.

>Royal Seals [300] (Discount Royal): This is a set of nine powerful and unique relics customized and fitting your origin and the world they’re from that are scattered around each world you visit from now on. Doesn’t work properly if you’re a Drop-in, since it can’t be tailored to your origin. Instead the seals just contain a random assortment of items, though they will be items of the same general power level. You do not receive a map to these items, nor any indication of where they are, but they’ll always be some place theoretically reachable. They’ll always be sealed in matching containers that only you can open. You’ll always recognize them for what they are when you see them, so you don’t need to wonder if you found them all or not. These items do not follow you from jump to jump, but rather each jump will have its own set. You can choose to keep an item from this set, but doing so means that all future sets will have one less item.

So the only limitations I see is that the 9 have to be the same general power level, you have to find them (which isn't that hard since it's always reachable and you'll always recognize them), you can't be a drop in in a new jump (Some jumps don't even have drop in options so this is circumstantial), and you have to lock them 1 by 1.

So a Royal Seal Build is still technically feasible.

Nice double trips by the way
>>
File: Ninja Golgom.png (2MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Ninja Golgom.png
2MB, 1600x900px
>>49992991
>>
>>49992978
We never did, and I don't think anyone is working on one.

It'd be fun though, but you'd have to address the death thing somehow. Since "people don't die under normal circumstances" is a thing in that setting.
>>
>>49993039
I wasn't aware that it was shitposting to discuss possible builds from a jump? The combination is there, and it's interesting to consider what it can do. We're not even talking about disgaea anymore.
>>
In an attempt to direct attention elsewhere, have this.

Tell me how I messed up, /JC/.
>>
THIS SHIT HAS GONE IN LITERAL CIRCLES NOW.
>>
>>49993044
Okay, seriously. Can we just take that fucking drive off until SJ-chan takes out the option giving people 9 high level artefacts in every other jump? No need to worry about paying for the Seven Mist Swords in Naruto, just go on a treasure hunt for a week or two and save a few thousand cp.

Seriously Brutus, put it in WIP until she can come back and actually defend this ridiculously OP shit.
>>
>>49993061
Everything is shitposting now. You're shitposting by talking about shitposting. We're all shitposters now.
>>
>>49993061
He's viciously attacking Heavens, you, and SJ and talking about how you're all awful people, and you think that's not bait?
>>
>>49989228
It's a total abstraction, just in my head. Basically no left-brain involvement, that idiot on the right side keeps making 90% of the decisions.

>>49991088
Before my Jumper became the smooth, suave, super-powered badass he is today, he was a huge geek about all things scifi, fantasy, and horror.

He's still that guy, deep down.

>>49991278
Trying to make trees that grow bacon and hamburgers and steaks and pizzas.
Self-sustaining schnapps springs.
>>49992532
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhvrnfprSTM
>>
>>49993070
fucking jump off* I think you mean anon.
>>
>>49993070
Look I just thought it was cool to have 54 keyblades flying around in Final Form man. Then I could go over to Sora and we'd engage in rounds of Keyblade Envy while slapping each other with our keyblades and admiring their lengths and completely fucked up designs.

Then we'd go for some sea salt ice cream.
>>
>>49993066
>Tell me how I messed up
Well, you made a jump out of flavor of the week trash series. That's a screw up right there.

I'm kidding, I'll read through it in a bit.
>>
>>49993040
Has ignoring them ever worked? If you don't disagree with their complaints then it gives them legitimacy. I don't want people to think that the shitposter has a point.
>>
>>49992991
Hey Heavens. Is Drawback Reyva a grill or a boy.
I need to know for reasons.
>>
>>49993066
Hay, now I can get a ghoulfriend just in time for halloween!
>>
File: Distressed Tentacle Hair.png (344KB, 413x605px) Image search: [Google]
Distressed Tentacle Hair.png
344KB, 413x605px
>>49993097
No one man should have all that keyblade mang
>>
>>49993103
Yes. Back in the past, people would actually shut him down entirely and he'd stop posting for a bit. Nowadays people constantly feed no matter what so he keeps going and going.

Then again, I think you are him considering he's been replying to himself and other people about how it's not him and how you should totally reply before.
>>
>>49993103
Man, you're dumb.
>>
File: UWAAA.jpg (6KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
UWAAA.jpg
6KB, 480x360px
>>49993118
LOOK I HAVE A FRIEND CALLED TACHIBANA AND HE REALLY LIKES BLADES
>>
File: tumblr_ocea0hKs3C1qdz4bwo1_1280.jpg (339KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ocea0hKs3C1qdz4bwo1_1280.jpg
339KB, 720x960px
How much love do you have in your heart?
>>
>>49993128
You know, something else came up in the past too. A really good post was made about how painting everyone bad as 'him' or 'the shitposter' or giving them a name like 'Antired' just gave them power, because all they, or anyone else with a desire to cause a shit storm, had to do then was say the name and people would instantly go into a shitstorm. It was and apparently still is an extremely effective way to discredit other people or stop people talking about something you don't want talked about. Just call them the shitposter or antired.

Just something interesting to think about if you really want to stop feeding 'him'.
>>
>>49993070
I wouldn't say it's too OP. It's certainly a strong build, but getting a ton of high level artifacts is something any jumper can do without it assuming they even exist.

You already don't need to pay for the mist swords. Just kill the fuck out of the swordsmen. They're not that tough comparitively, and getting the swords to listen to you is plenty doable with the proper persuasion.
>>
>>49993145
All the love.

Or at least enough for half a dozen waifus and several childrenu.
>>
>>49991088
Always. Even when I arrive to the sound of klaxons and glare of red lights, screams and suffering filtering through it all, there is always something new to experience. Sometimes it is the simple knowledge that I am going to leave the universe better than I found it, other times it is more the surprise when the story I know goes wildly off the rails.

>>49991168
Forgotten Realms Wizards have a prestige class that focuses on Blood Magic. Lets you store magic potions in your blood, literally command a person's blood to rip itself out of their body, and even teleport using people. As a bonus, you can gib the guy on your way out.

>>49991278
Trying to survive Gravity Falls' multiverse. Bill woke up a few years after he was "killed" and was more than a little annoyed at me for spoiling his fun the first time around. So he banished me to an alternate Gravity Falls. He called it Universe Blue. I'm desperately trying to recreate the Interdimensional Portal from the Journals in an attempt to get back. Dipper and Mable are killing people and then controlling them through necromancy. What the fuck multiverse?

>>49993145
Enough to headpat absolutely everyone.
>>
>>49993164
You keep trying this to get people to feed you more. People have built up a resistance.
>>
>>49993164
But anon, anyone who criticizes anyone is the shitposter. Clearly we have no jumpmakers who do anything wrong and everything's perfect. So you must be the shitposter talking to yourself with fifteen phones and superhuman processes. /scarcasm
>>
>>49993066
You should merge the two point describing each kakuhou into one point, as is it looks a bit confusing. Also, you mention kakuja a few times without explicitly stating that they're the result of the cannibalism as described in the Red One perk. You should make that clearer. Finally, the entry for Let's Go Home Already under One-Eyed Monarch is missing. Other than that, looks good.
>>
>>49993168
Except if you kill them, you actually need to kill a bunch of tough ninja and possibly deal with the big wanted level from Mist and other countries. Here you just get it all for free, +2 extra artefacts, for spending a little time searching.

Or do what Dirge does and just get dozens of all the artefacts in each setting. Is getting 52 keyblades free not unbalanced and disrespectful towards the jump of Kingdom Hearts? Seems like offering so many expensive items in another jump free is pretty shitty to me.
>>
>>49993066
You should probably reorganize it a bit, as it is now the general not discounted perks are smoshed in the middle of the origin perks which makes it a bit hard to read. You should probably create another section for general perks or just move them to the bottom of all the origin perks.

Other than that this jump is looking nice.
>>
>>49993066
>These cells have the appearance of a curled up fetus
>they cannot digest anything other then human flesh and black coffee
What the fuck kind of setting is this?!
>>
>>49993145
>That image
I'm not sure whether to find that sweet or hilarious. The "and died" is so abrupt it's actually kind of funny.
>>
>>49993200
One that isn't as fucked up as it sounds. It's fucked up, don't get me wrong, but it's less edgy than you'd think for having a protagonist who eats human flesh.
>>
>>49993066
Looks good. My only criticism so far is that it doesn't seem like you will be able to keep up with the power creep of the series based on what I'm seeing, and that the capstone booster might have been better off as 'Rize's Kagune' given how bizarrely hyped that slag has gotten as of recently.

Also, Ghouls have vulnerabilities in their mucous membranes. Not sure if lips would fall under that.
>>
>>49993195
You can get hundreds of thousands of keyblades in kingdom hearts if you're willing to grave rob.
But I do see what you mean. Giving out things from other jumps sounds rude. But if you compare it to drop rate perks doesn't it do the same thing?
>>
>>49993040
Setting aside how retarded >>49993103 is, the real answer is that if we ignore him he'll just respond to himself until he says something that gets responded to. Such is shitposting.
>>
File: 1381435660_407b562319_b.jpg (608KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1381435660_407b562319_b.jpg
608KB, 1024x768px
>>49991631
I was able to compartmentalize what was happening to a degree. I think the only thing that really unsettled me was the whole thing with Tricia.
She just... breaks. And Shauna tries so hard to take care of her. And it just doesn't work.

On the other hand, I found just about everyone else to be hilarious. I loved having Kanon on my team. And I thought it was really cute the way Dio and his brother made amends.

So it was kindof a give and take for me. I'd be hard pressed to decide which plotline I liked more.
At least the Demon Path is very short.

>>49991817
I also lost the last fight.
But it wasn't on purpose.
Rather, it was because of THAT BITCH LAYNA.
STEAMROLLING THROUGH ALL MY SHIT.

LEGENDARY HERO BULLSHIT.
>>
>>49993225
Are you forgetting the part where a bunch of yokels cheerfully and slowly crush the head of a teenage girl with a road roller, repeatedly, until she dies?
>>
>>49993234
>power creep

Wait how the fuck.
>>
>>49993200
What sort of biological process could only leave you able to eat human flesh and black coffee? Are they a natural species?
>>
>>49993242
Not sure how perks that give you a better chance at getting neat loot equals a guaranteed gaining with some search of at least 9 high power, unique artefacts you will gain in each setting from the setting.
>>
>>49993259
Yes. I actually had forgotten that.
>>
File: wtfpooh.jpg (6KB, 263x191px) Image search: [Google]
wtfpooh.jpg
6KB, 263x191px
>>49993234
>houls have vulnerabilities in their mucous membranes
What kind of fucked up weakness is that? What's next, a vulnerability to bullets?
>>
File: YOU WERE EXPECTING AN IMAGE.gif (117KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
YOU WERE EXPECTING AN IMAGE.gif
117KB, 600x338px
>>49993259
>road roller
I think I know who those yokels were related to...
>>
File: 1453907879465.png (130KB, 442x353px) Image search: [Google]
1453907879465.png
130KB, 442x353px
>>49993250
She used the souls of the dead to their fullest.
>>
>>49993274
Their attitude is always the part that gets me. They can think she's better off dead all they want, but you don't fucking murder a teenage girl, one you knew and who grew up with you, while she begs for her life, in a cheerful mood unless you're a complete sociopath.
>>
>>49993104
It is a mystery.
>>
>>49993066
You made a jump for a shitty setting that no one sane would want powers from.
>>
>>49993104
Flip a coin.
>>
>>49993259
Yokels gonna yokel Anon.

Is it full grim dark like Akame Ga Kill? Are the people in that universe so messed up that it's difficult to picture how they ever developed civilisation?
>>
>>49993066
Ghoul Physiology sounds like it's giving you a permanent dependence on human flesh. That should go away post jump or at least be locked to an alt form.
>>
>>49993327
Speak for yourself, there's plenty to do here. Not everything is about the power, fucktard.
>>
>>49993338
No, but there's a vibe of "Are the humans REALLY any better than the ghouls?"
>>
>>49993066
Pretty good for a start. Bunch of missing stuff so far though, I assume that's why it's a WIP
>>
>>49993327
You think people here are sane?
>>
>>49993338
>Is it full grim dark like Akame Ga Kill?
I, having only read up to chapter 60, consider it worse.
>>
>>49993273
Getting an unlimited amount of chances at getting setting loot that wouldn't exist otherwise and is exceptionally high quality depending on the version is similar to questing for a limited amount of high end artifacts that wouldn't exist otherwise.
>>
File: JC4.jpg (58KB, 650x482px) Image search: [Google]
JC4.jpg
58KB, 650x482px
>>49992291
Well, if this includes THE WAREHOUSE ITSELF, the stasis pods, the force field and other things I normally can't manipulate being plugged into what I CAN like my reality engines and sword of Dharma-

I'm guessing an FK-class which from a human perspective would be indistinguishable from a ZK.

>>49992304
Oh dear.

Uh. Who are those other people and why are they in the same weight division as someone I'm getting the impression is basically Chara?

>>49992532
Lovecraft.

Nobody belongs anywhere.

Everything is the fever dream of a blind idiot.

Nothing matters.

At least in real life, you can play pretend you matter with enough chemicals. Here, the world is crawling with things that remind you of your utter insignificance, some of which will be more than happy to talk to you in your dreams.

>>49993200
One with awful taste, apparently. I mean black coffee? Seriously? Do they take their orange juice with toothpaste too?

It's almost like this place is some kind of dark reflection of Toriko.
>>
>>49993352
That's horrifying.
>>
>>49993354
At least to me, there's a huge gap between the loot you get from monsters and high level artefacts. Dunno about you anon.
>>
>>49993262
Like remember how Rize was had a unique Kagune with really good regen, but was otherwise a S rank who got fucked by some steel girders? Remember how crazy dangerous both Owls were, to the point where throwing hundreds of people at it to deplete it's stamina to the point where an entire team of special class investigators could beat it?

Well in Re, some weird faggo-sexual no-name reks the Owl in two pages, and later attributes it to Rize's Kagune. And given that we see him do literally nothing else on that level, it's likely Furuta was telling the truth.

Granted, the writing also took a noticeable turn for the worse around that point, but still. The point of this rambling is that Rize's kagune is literally the best.
>>
File: MAX ME UP.jpg (25KB, 640x443px) Image search: [Google]
MAX ME UP.jpg
25KB, 640x443px
>>49993362
>Toriko
>TORIKO

I HAVE SEEN THE REINCARNATING WHEEL OF KARMA

AND IT IS DELICIOUS
>>
>>49993104
Doesn't matter, unholy heights.
>>
>>49993111
Have fun!

>>49993184
They're not quite finished yet and I'll see what I can do.

>>49993197
I haven't taken the time to give them their own little section yet, and will do so soonish.

>>49993200
A setting where the main character believes that if he was one, it'll be in a tragedy. And it is.

>>49993234
That part was written off of memory, I'll check the manga to see what Yamori said and adjust as needed.

>>49993340
So far it's planned that you and any ghoul companions will be able to eat human food after the jump ends. Likely will have something that any animal/sapient humanoid you eat now have Rc cells or some such.

>>49993392
Currently having a wait and see approach to it.
>>
>>49993066
If you take the entire Investigator tree, are you basically Arima?
>>
>>49993343
>Not everything is about the power
Perhaps my utter disdain for the setting made me misspeak.

Let me be clear, any Jumper who becomes a ghoul is someone I would consider unintelligent. Leaving aside moral quandaries, when your food is people, that tends to limit where you can go to "places with people". That's not a good idea for a Jumper, in my opinion.
>>
>>49993430
Yes. With the capstone booster, you're Arima + Quinx.
>>
>>49993431
And places with people are such limited settings. Cities? Fucking nothing to do in those tiny places. The empty wilderness is where it's at meng.
>>
>>49993362
Baal is a malevolent Overlord who crosses into other universes/Netherworlds to kill the Overlords their and take them over. He actually causes the plot for the first game by accident, when he came to Laharl's Netherworld and fought his father (the Overlord at the time) to a mutual kill. This kicks off the war for the throne and ruins the potential peace the former Overlord was trying to create with Seraph Lamington. He's fough as a bonus boss with a level of 4000.

The other two are the most powerful protagonists, with the last one being the former Overlord who managed to kill Baal at the cost of his own life. He ended up reincarnating as a seemingly silly character who tries to test and help his son and his group from behind the scenes, acting like a goofy rival despite being one of the strongest characters in the setting.
>>
>>49993431
unless you have something like the lab specimen hotline from SCP where they will deliver "human" to you.

It's like a pizza delivery!
>>
>>49993431
Any jumper who can't overcome something as utterly trivial as a body that can only digest human flesh isn't worth being called a jumper.
>>
>>49993431
Anon, unless the jumper makes a habit of trekking alone in the wild for a decade, it's a safe bet they'll be in 'places with people' for most of the jump even if they don't pick ghoul.
>>
>>49993382
I just don't really think it's a majorly big deal. At least not enough of one to be getting the jump removed from the drive.
You probably shouldn't be able to buy it more than once just for the cheese factor, but otherwise it's not significantly more broken then going out and getting the goods yourself.
I do think it could use a revamp because it is rude to be handing out stuff from other jumps like that Especially at such a cheap price, but it doesn't come with the CP insurance so there's still a reason to get things normally.
>>
>>49993382
I'm not the same anon, but no, not really. There's going to be lootable high-level items anyway, and it's not like this is a videogame where you can't just skip past the boss loot the shit out of it anyway.

>but they’ll always be some place theoretically reachable

Know what else is "theoretically reachable"? The end of LoT with all drawbacks acting like an idiot. Beating Origin form ToP head-on with dakka alone. Point is, it's not a guarantee that you'll find any of them.
>>
>>49993362
Baal is the traditional bonus boss of the Disgaea series, called Tyrant Overlord. He's apparently evil enough to warrant Krichevskoy needing to defeat him in personal combat and dying in the attempt. He's Level 4000, in a world where level 1000 is enough to destroy a planet in a temper tantrum.

Krichevskoy is one of the other Disgaea heavyweights, but he's currently dead and regaining his strength at time of plot. He was also super benevolent as an Overlord, basically being good in all but name, and worked to make peace between the Netherworld and Celestia. You know him as Vyers.

Valvatorez can't really be accessed in this jump, neither can Zetta. Valvatorez, at the height of his power, was enough to be a consistent challenge to all of these, to the point where Zetta openly calls him a worthy opponent. Why this is significant, we'll get to later. He's currently a shadow of his former self due to promising to never drink human blood until a particular moment - he's a vampire, you see.

Zetta, finally, is the most famous 'badass' of the NIS-verse, something he'll loudly proclaim at the first opportunity. He's absurdly strong, and he knows it - I think his level at story start before he shoots himself in the foot is level 4000, like Baal? He's also really reckless, impulsive, and consistent works to earn his Overlord credentials with some school-grade villainy. Thing is, his power is actually coming from somewhere else...

You won't run into at least two of these, and they generally won't take issue with a Jumper. So you're fine.
>>
>>49993431
Anon, I don't think you understand how much of idiots people can be here. You have people who look at powers that drive you insane if you consume innocent souls and go "Let's devour trillions of random people for power, nothing can go wrong". That and a shitton of vampire powers/soul consuming powers in the chain. That said, stories where someone is coming to terms with it can be interesting if done right.
>>
>>49993471
>Doesn't come with CP insurance
Isn't it handy the jump also gives you an item to give CP insurance to whatever you want?
>>
File: 1474601731487.png (972KB, 784x720px) Image search: [Google]
1474601731487.png
972KB, 784x720px
>>49993431
I already genetically engineered non-sapient but human-based bloodbags to feed myself in vampire jumps. I don't really have to do anything but make 'em meatier and my dietary requirements are filled.
>>
>>49993431
So all you need is perks that remove your need for nourishment or just keep a supply of people to eat. Companions do respawn after all.
>>
>>49993483
>Point is, it's not a guarantee that you'll find any of them.
Bullshit. With jumpchain, any chance that isn't 0% might as well be treated as a guaranteed 100%.
>>
>>49993485
Not like they're a threat anyway. By your own words you can reach the thousands of levels in 6 months anyway. A year or two should be enough for you to curb stomp most of these guys.
>>
>>49993431
>That's not a good idea for a Jumper, in my opinion.

You've clearly not read many of the chains that various anons have posted, much less the named ones.

I mean, we have jumpers eating souls left and right, destroying worlds for resources, waifuing concepts or previously inanimate objects, or blowing up moons because they can, just as a few examples.

Bad ideas are a cornerstone of jumpchain, it's what every single jumper does at some point. Where do you think you are?
>>
>>49993470
Just throwing shit at the wall, but maybe TokyoAnon could include an undiscounted perk that allows you to sustain yourself beyond your usual dietary limits? Like how some people think Metavore allows you to eat sand.
>>
>>49993500
Metavore?
>>
>>49993485
Reminder that Pram is best girl.
>>
>>49993501
>>49993507
So much projecting it's hilarious.
>>
>>49993066
I'm suddenly reminded of a plan someone had for a different jump a long time ago. Basically, billing themselves as a surgeon, putting patients under, feasting on their innards, then using healing magic to regrow the consumed parts and fix whatever was wrong with them initially.

Something like that might be a good plan for jumper ghouls who don't want to kill people.
>>
>>49993518
Why? It seems completely counter to one of the biggest parts of being a ghoul, would be pointless for non ghouls and doesn't really fit in setting anyway. You shouldn't make a perk just to appease people whining about a part of the setting that isn't exactly what they want it to be.
>>
>>49993537
It would be a lot more reasonable to just have the dietary restriction disappear post-jump, I think.
>>
>>49991088
RP aside, I sort of do, but only if I enjoyed the setting already to begin with. A lot of why I like series or games is due to how much I enjoy the world aesthetic or background.
>for god's sake I enjoyed tripe like the Freedom Wars vita game
>the game is unfinished crap with cliche cutout characters
>but i love it so
>i ordered the fucking artbook from japan when shipping cost more than the actual goddamn book

There's a ton of stuff I probably shouldn't have done (e.g. the LoTR jump, because I don't dislike Tolkien, but I only had a passing nerd interest in classical fantasy adventure), but did so because I needed another jump to occupy my daily daydream time or else face up to the daily existential dread of life.

The Overlord Jump has occupied me for two weeks now, even if I don't think it's completely balanced.
>>
>>49993544
Which he's already said he's adding in.
>>
>>49993544
seconded. That is probably the best way to do it.
>>
>>49993535
That's confusingly fucked up. Did they have a reason for it?
>>
>>49993532
I don't think you know what projecting is.
Or maybe you just showed up yesterday, but people outright brag about shit like that in these threads.
>>
>>49993532
Name me a chain that hasn't eventually gone full evil or "lulz no humanity time to use human resources" in time. Dante Must Die mode: It can't be a build people have accused of attention whoring.
>>
>>49993518
For the record, ghouls only need to eat once a month and that their tastebuds are configured so everything not black coffee or human flesh tastes bad.

I will note that ghouls sustain themselves and grow off of Rc cells, so science/magic something up maybe?

>>49993535
Plausible. Very plausible. Would have to work to not get caught.

>>49993544
>>49993567
This. >>49993562
>>
>>49993562
I must have missed that. Excellent, then.
>>
>>49993569
I think it was meant for an earlier version of the Touhou jump, where Youkai were required to eat human flesh. It was probably just a thematic thing, because "doctor who fixes you but then eats part of your liver as payment" sounds like a folklore monster, doesn't it?
>>
>>49993573
???

Most people don't post builds or chains despite actually doing both. I myself have had multiple chains that never went evil because... I'm not evil?

What kind of stupidity drives you to post these things?
>>
>>49993573
Severa-

>Spoilers

WELL *FUCK*, best I can come up with is the Jeremiah Bowers / Cowboy Jumper and that one guy who constantly made Native Jumpers who had that Reploid, White Mage, and a few others.
>>
>>49993573
Do my chains count? None of them have gone that way. Even my jumper-as-a-monster chain was basically based around being the thing that monsters worry about at night. Who was then shown the glory of his humanity due to Sword and Sorcery, then had it pounded into his head with 20,000 years in the 40k verse.
>>
>>49993537
...Anon. Do you know how many perks we have that are based on preventing you from making the same failings the protagonists did? Or removing the weaknesses to canon things? There are quite a few, but if you want me to list some I will.

I mean, I don't particularly want the perk added, just thought I should point this out.
>>
>>49993446
I see. Okay, looking up the wiki to figure out what the hell is going on in Soul Nomad it seems this Gig fellow a) is apparently channeling Shia Labeouf's power, which is horrifying and b) was corrupted by something called Drazil. Is there any info on this guy? I know so little about Disgaea's apparnetly multiversal setting that for all I know there is an evil overlord Shia Labouf out there spreading his dank memes across all existence.

>>49993066
>Unravel

Who's it by? Tell me a little more about the soundtrack.

>Half-Human

I'm a little confused-does it actually make you weaker than an average ghoul/half-ghoul if you took it as one?

Other than that, apart from what everyone else said I like what I see so far. Generally, I think it could benefit from explaining some of the terminology more thoroughly and clarifying whether the researcher capstones apply to things other than working with ghouls. Good work so far!
>>
>>49993489
Damn it man I'm trying to play doubles advocate here, but you're making it very difficult.
To be honest I agree that it probably shouldn't get on the drive in it's current state. Guess it's a good thing that it's still in uploads then isn't it? Perhaps if you ask him Brutus will put it on hold until SJ-chan gets back. I certainly wouldn't bitch if you did.
>>
>>49993605
I know. What in my post made you think I was saying they don't exist? Them existing doesn't mean I don't think it's stupid and a perk like that for Tokyo Ghoul would only be to placate whiners who don't like a integral part of the setting.
>>
>>49993501
So why the fuck don't you treat getting all the high-powered shit in canon as 100% guarantee when the source material tells you where the fuck it is?
>>
>>49993578
>Plausible. Very plausible. Would have to work to not get caught.
A better plan, and one you might be able to get away with given how dark this setting sounds, is to find someone really bad, keep them trapped somewhere, and then just do the "eat parts of their body and then regrow them" thing to them.

Less likely to get caught, you see. If you have resurrection perks as well, you could probably just hide their corpse in the warehouse between feedings.
>>
>>49993619
Not who you're talking to but I don't think it should get on the drive period. It has Abraxas's stench all over it.
I'd rather someone competent made one from scratch really.
But that's proabably not going to happen.
>>
>>49993608
Will do! As for half-humans, it grants you the physical capabilities of a ghoul but lack their kagune among other things. Keep in mind that the top Ghoul Investigator is one and that well. The guy leaves behind a massive trail of ghoul corpses and is considered the scariest person alive.

And yes, the researcher capstones apply to other things.
>>
>>49993619
I don't have a problem with most of the jump either. It's options like these few meta/other jump affecting things that need fixing. Someone's already put out a call for Brutus to take it off the drive till the maker comes back and I agree with at least holding it back until these issues are resolved.

By the way, think you meant devil's advocate
>>
>>49993066
For Unshakeable, Unbreakable, being able to heal fractures in hours for a capstone seems kind of... underwelming compared to what we see upper tier ghouls accomplish.

Red One is even more lackluster for a capstone, given that it only let's you retain your sanity after forming a Kakujou. Maybe make it as a huge willpower/ self control boost? Maybe also helping out with combat abilities. Especially since Ghouls have that whole predatory/dehumanization instinct that kicks in when they get hungry.
>>
File: JCthefuckyoulookingatFlowey.jpg (127KB, 2500x1047px) Image search: [Google]
JCthefuckyoulookingatFlowey.jpg
127KB, 2500x1047px
>>49993573
It's been a while but I don't remember Skellyanon, Lucarioanon or Hoboanon ever getting to that stage. I think Wakfu ran a few non-yandere builds back in the day, and I haven't been following Jane Doe's chain very closely but I don't remember any notable genocides. And in all fairness to Burgli, he's loyal to his own species, not humanity.
>>
>>49993594
>>49993599

...but did you go ahead with any "bad ideas", is the real question. Something, anything that you shouldn't have done, but you did anyways, because it was "worth the risk".

The whole evil thing the other anon posed can be a real slippery slope, since jumper morality is sometimes very loose. Not for everyone, but it can be.
>>
>>49993044
Hmm. Even if you take a non-drop-in background to avoid the randomization issue, the only guarantee is that they're "powerful" and "unique" and "fitting your origin", and that covers a lot of territory.

E.g. if you went to Kingdom Hearts as a keyblade wielder, there's no guarantee whatsoever any of the relics will be keyblades, let alone all of them, particularly if you've already got one as part of your background. More likely they'd be other magical accessories that would suit a keyblade wielder, I'd imagine.

tl,dr; if you're finding nine relics that are the equivalent of The Maguffin in every single jump, that says a lot more about you than it does the perk.

So while I think the perk is under-priced, it's not THAT bad.
>>
>>49993608
Gig is the Master of Death AKA the Grim Reaper. In ancient times, there was an extremely powerful king who's child was killed by a plague, and when Gig, then named Vigilance, came to collect their soul, the king killed him. Drazil is a god of another world, and corrupted Gig so that all the souls that died in that world would go to his instead. Gig is actually far stronger then Drazil, and in fact is one of the strongest beings in the NIS multiverse, given that his power in the hands of the Devourlord overwhelmed two gods (including Drazil) and destroyed their worlds.
>>
>>49993661
Hm. Seems I didn't portray it right, you're supposed to be around Kaneki's level i.e regenerate toes and fingers in a day and take a huge amount of punishment, physically and mentally.

That one too. Likely should have expanded that sanity gave self-control and the urge to NOT "I'mma eat my best friend or girlfriend because I'm dying and I need food now."

Well, I'm going off for the night. Leave any comments/suggestions and I'll look them over tomorrow.
>>
>>49993620
Eh, sometimes it's kind of thematic. Hero makes a fatal mistake due to being too far up his own ass? Include a perk that makes you more aware of your flaws. Wizard gets BTFO 'cause he's squishy as fuck? Include a perk that slightly increases your physical fitness the more you study. Personally, I rather enjoy such perks.
>>
>>49993701
So basically everything is Drazil's fault?

Who even is this guy? What's his damage?
>>
>>49993684
The only bad ideas I followed involved occasionally picking fights (AKA grabbing certain drawbacks) that I didn't need to because it was useful. But after your first couple genius perks the only reason a jumper would pursue those sorts of 'bad ideas' is because he's being written by a fucking moron.
>>
>>49993573
Actually wait, best example-UncleDante.
>>
>>49993694
I never said it was bad? I just said that it's a very viable applicable and unique build.

Whether I would take it or not largely depends on what jumper I'm using, but as far as basic considerations go, that item combination is probably one of the most interesting ones in the place.

I used the keyblades as an example, and that was only because I had a different discussion regarding KR Blade/Gundam CCA and it turned into a discussion about KH's Final Form.
>>
>>49993175
>bit about FR blood wizards telegibbing people
>followed by "enough to headpat absolutely everyone
>tfw when I initially misread it as "enough to headsplat absolutely everyone"
>>
>>49993694
The problem being that 'magical accessories' don't really fit the powerful and unique parts, unless you're talking about the really high end ones. Nor does your 'it's more impressive for you' 3rd line make much sense, since nowhere does it indicate it's power level is based on yours, just that it's powerful and based on the setting.

Even that still has the same problem of giving out cp items from other jumps free too.
>>
>>49993684
In my primary chain, I tried to clean up Dead Space and purge the effects of the corruption caused by the markers. It went poorly, I didn't catch the ones who incited the riots in time, but the majority of humanity was still saved and the LoT built fleets to hunt down and annihilate the Brethren Moons with mostly-native tech. I mean, hell, if you can crack planets, cracking moons is nothing. But the death toll from the riots was formidable.
>>
>>49993656
It's just a finger of speech.
Just because finished jumps are a diamond dozen doesn't mean we have to turn a blonde eye to things that bother us.
I think if she comes back and mustards up the strength to fix it, the jump would be a peach of cake to finish.
Unfortunately she seems to be a bit of a pre-Madonna so who knows what will happen when she gets back.
>>
>>49992532
9 to 5.
>>
>>49993779
You're awful. Awwwful.
>>
>>49992532
Nechronia. It's fucked and will stay fucked.
But not in the peaceful quiet of everyone being dead, because it's not allowed to end there.
>>
Hey everybody, Slime Rancher is coming along nicely. My research is done and most ideas are solidified. I'll fill in all the details later, i'm tired and i'm going to be busy all day tomorrow but Saturday is free so expect a much closer to complete version sometime then Meanwhile here's the skeletal WIP with a few perks written out.

It's still quite in it's infancy so don't worry it will look much better when I upload the next WIP on Saturday.
>>
>>49993723
Like I said, he's the god of another world, with his own Master of Death and Master of Life serving under him. As for his damage? Let me put it this way: the world is named after him, there is only one species on it (and their race is also named after him), and they all look and act the same. And by act the same, I mean they all do what he says and worship him. He's got an absolutely massive ego, and he started the whole plot because he wanted even MORE people to worship him. He does apologize to the other god in the Demon path's bad end, but by then it is too little, too late.

Oh, by the way, the race does have free will, and it is possible to get them to stop obeying him, they're just...used to it. To the point where they ask questions to the MC and one of their allies in her ending on how to think freely and have a culture, specifically how to name their children after things other then Drazil.
>>
>>49993789
That setting is on my list of settings to revisit. I took drawbacks just so I could take the maximum possible number of Sisters with me. I fixed them while I was there, and left them in Slice of Life.

I just realized that I can bring Konasse with me to that jump, I'm going to do that, fix as many of the dead as I can, and let them live there until the city finds itself a world to belong to.
>>
>>49993794
This is a skeleton? I'm joking

Is there anything more to the setting besides taking a whole bunch of slimes and going Harvest Moon with them? Like did they reveal why you were slime farming in the first place.
>>
How do you guys fluff Conjoined Conjures as working?
>>
>>49993701
king must have been a bamf
>>
>>49993836
Nope.

But really the next big update is supposed to explain the player character (beatrix?)'s backstory. Apparently through letters from home.

But the game is fun cuz Harvest Moon with cute slimes.
>>
>>49993842
It's pretty intuitive. You take two magic systems that you understand deeply, pick the parts of each you like best, and mash them all together to from a new magic system.
>>
>>49993742
Fair enough. It's the sort of perk I'd be tempted to take myself, even if just for the opportunity to go searching each new setting looking for the things, wondering what I'm going to find.

Especially since my main chain is drop-in, so it's kind of the jumpchain equivalent of Forrest Gump's box of chocolates.

>>49993750
Maybe it's my years of playing D&D, but "powerful and unique" doesn't automatically equal "major artifact" to me. A flying ship, or a magic ring that allows you to ignore the magical barrier that protects the labyrinth-vaults of a lost empire? I'd count those as powerful and unique.
>>
File: saryn-warframe.jpg (392KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
saryn-warframe.jpg
392KB, 1920x1080px
Hey /jc/

Which Warframe is best Warframe?

And which Bootyframe is best Bootyframe?
>>
>>49993842
It's a process of understanding. Not an instant "mash two systems together, get third system" action, but an intuitive grasp for how to develop new spells drawing on both magical traditions. In time, having made enough such spells, a new school is born.
>>
File: 1408382480926.jpg (32KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
1408382480926.jpg
32KB, 500x333px
>>49993858
Oh fuck yes, he was. King Median is a total, god-slaying badass. It's a shame he did literally everything incorrectly.

Also I'm posting this doozy.

Main Character [500]* - You’re not just anyone, you’re a protagonist! The star! The shining beacon of hope or despair! The one people constantly complain about on the internet and wish one of your companions took the lead instead! Well, screw them. You’ve even got a unique portrait to show for it. Your weight and importance to this world gives you the ability to unlock the same within others – in exchange for a considerable but temporary decrease in your power and energy reserves, you may unlock the potential within others – effectively granting them the Level One perk. They will have none of the skil, training, or even innate power of the beings in this world – but with a certain handsome Jumper training them hard enough, they can now reach greater heights of skill and power. It doesn’t remove their limitations, and doesn’t affect any in-universe powers – but that particular ceiling is now much, MUCH higher. This also unlocks the true potential of the various abilities of the realms, as follows...

Drop-In: You can now apply the experience-gain perk via defeat and narrow victories to your students.

Netherworld: Your Noble Demon tendencies will draw followers and minions to you, many of whom will be loyal to you and your chosen principles.

Celestia: Manifest your anti-evil enhancements as beams of light and other neat things.

Earth: Make items fueled by heroic spirit, like Ranger belts or other Toku nonsense.
>>
>>49993723
> So basically everything is Drazil's fault?
More or less?
> Who even is this guy? What's his damage?
He's the god of the other world. It's been like a decade since I played the game, but as much as I can remember...

Soul Nomad's world has a somewhat unique cosmology. It's actually two worlds, and each has a god that looks after it in their own way. Haepheus's world is the world we know, the "normal" world, which is basically just a slightly different fantasy setting.
Drazil's world is a world of stability and law, where everyone looks the same, acts the same, has the same name, and do nothing but praise Drazil.
Drazil decides he doesn't like there being a world that doesn't praise him, and so he's going to steal all the souls from the normal world to bring them to his world so they can all be reborn as Drazils, see: >>49993820
He's basically a massive dick who thinks he's hot shit.

At the end of the normal campaign, he combines with some of his flunkies after doing some typical super pious evil god talk and you kick his ass in a boss battle.
At the end of the DEMON campaign, he actually admits that this shit is his fault and he fucked up royal, and together with Haephenus tries to stop the end of both worlds before getting instagibbed by the Devourlord (ie, you) behind a black bar censored cutscene, he loses so fucking hard.

So basically, he's just an egocentric dick and it doesn't go well for him.
>>
>>49993890
>These two are powerful and unique
I wouldn't say so at all. I don't think a flying ship is very unique or very powerful in DnD nor do I think a ring that lets you bypass a single barrier is very powerful.
>>
>>49993858
For reference, he would eventually lose to the far less powerful Master of Life after she possessed a mortal body. However, this was after the MC with Gig (in New Game Plus, might I add) weakened him, because of time travel. And by weakened him, I mean beat in a fight. Yes, even if you beat him, he still wins, though he is then killed by the Master of Life. What happens if you lose? Oh, he kills her too. Yes, he could have killed both the Grim Reaper and the one who gives life to people. He was that powerful.
>>
>>49993896
None, given who made the damn pdf.
>>
>>49993896
The blue one.
>>
>>49993902
Now everyone can bust galaxies in 6 months!
>>
File: Garlock Awakens.jpg (20KB, 704x396px) Image search: [Google]
Garlock Awakens.jpg
20KB, 704x396px
>>49993842
I figured it would be something similar to the process Clow Reed used to combine English and Oriental magic. So a kind of conceptual juggling act between the forces and principles behind whatever systems you're trying to hybridise.
>>
>>49993907
It is if the barrier is strong. There's a difference between power and utility.
>>
>>49993917
You're literally always the first reply. This is your life.
>>
>>49993902
Looks good.
>>
>>49993917
Suggest a better way to handle the issue you're concerned about by providing constructive criticism or shut the fuck up, I don't care which.

But shitposting makes you look like a bawling baby who just got spanked.
>>
>>49993921
If it's a super good barrier that couldn't be bypassed by much else barring the strongest characters in the setting then yeah, it's pretty powerful. Seems close to artefact level by then to me though. If it's not that strong, why can't you just spend a few hours dispelling the barrier or destroying the spell?
>>
>>49993902
Yep, that's protagonist power, alright. I like it.
>>
>>49993902
And now I shall battle with Laharl for the title of main character! I WILL BE THE PROTAGONIST, YOU SHRIMP, I DON'T CARE IF YOU'RE VOICED BY RITA REPULSA, YOU'RE GOING DOWN!
>>
>>49993942
Why? Heavens has told us all he doesn't give a fuck if he trivialises every other jump. All we can do now is help him along by making sure everyone knows how easy it is to do it.
>>
>>49993573

Yo, slut!
>>49993794
OH SHIT WHAT UP
>>49993902

MAN I want to go Earth and then do the overlording scenario to be an anti-SHOCKER almost
>inb4 i get the good guy equivalent to a Kamen Rider and it's a villainous person using the good guy tech
>>
>>49993842
In a similar way to getting two different programming languages to play nice with each other.
So not fun to figure out in the slightest.
>>
How many legendary pokemon did you catch when you went to pokemon?
>>
Isn't there a D&D setting with a cowboy gunslinger class? Do we have a jump of it?
>>
>>49993955
>he thinks this trivializes every jump
Laughing elder gods.pnggagsdasddsg
>>
>>49993902
Besides the unique portrait, does it do anything for you personally? Capstone boosters are usually a personal buff by themselves, and 500 cp for the ability to train others to a sort of decent point while not actually removing their limitations+ personal vanity is pretty overpriced, especially compared to the discountable capstones.
>>
>>49993942
While I don't personally take sides because I think both sides One more then the other for sure usually act stupid, I will point out that suggestions aren't likely to come forth given HeavensAnon has shot down suggestions (Good or bad, not making judgements because I don't care) with little more then the reasoning that he can't be bothered and will leave it up to the jumper to decide. Whatever side you take and I don't care which, a response like that makes actual, genuine suggestions on how to handle it very unlikely to come forth rather then just shitposting.
>>
>>49993955
It is the butt hurt faggot! I called it.
>>
>>49993944
Because maybe in the setting it'd normally take months or years to do it without the ring? The perk doesn't consider whether you've got out-of-setting powers that would make it easy for a jumper.

Heh. You could go to a mundane world, and the relics could be stuff like one of the Dead Sea scrolls, a previously unknown Van Gough painting, a lost blueprint by Da Vinci, etc.
>>
>>49993989
>Sort of decent
>SORT OF DECENT
Is...is that really where we're at right now JC? That being able to train people within weeks or months to be upper DBZ levels of power is 'sort of decent'?
>>
>>49994003
Yes, we've had substantial power creep. Now get over it and move on.
>>
>>49993915
I asked 2 questions nigga

Are you telling me that /jc/ doesn't have an opinion on the booty?
>>
File: JC7.jpg (140KB, 900x665px) Image search: [Google]
JC7.jpg
140KB, 900x665px
>>49993896
>Best

Inaros

>spoiler

Tie between Trinity and Ember Prime

>>49993975
A grand total of zero

>>49993953
>voiced by rita repulsa
>appears to be boy

This setting just gets stranger and stranger.
>>
>>49993975
Just one. It was Mewtwo, but not the second one, the old one.
Because he was the only Legendary I wanted that I could justify taking without sending the entire world's ecosystem and metaphysics into catatonic shock.
Also he's a cool dude once he chills out and nothing solves an existential crisis like a multiversal joyride.
>>
>>49993997
>Doesn't consider out of context powers
Neither did I. I was asking why your wizard character in DnD (Or other magic user) can't use one of the multitude of magic dispelling/destroying spells or powers to remove the barrier? If they couldn't and the ring really is the only way through unless your on divinity level power in DnD, like I said that seems pretty close to artefact level to me.

You could also go to a Type Moon jump and pick up a bunch of higher ranked Noble Phantasms on the cheapo. In some worlds it's not bad, in other's it is pretty bad. Especially places where it's very likely to screw with other people's jumps.
>>
>>49994003
We had that since exalted training charms.
Where have you been?
>>
>>49993991
I didn't know about that unfortunate history and I was mainly speaking up because I've seen other dickheads do that shit before, but in that case fair enough.

>>49993955
You on the other hand should stop typing while having an anal prolapse.
>>
>>49994015
Neat. Guess I'll go make Demonbane the Jump edition.

Probably won't even though I do have the stuff for it but is it honestly at the point where something like that can be made without being an endjump? It's just ridiculous.
>>
>>49994023
>Trinity
I dunno man, that carapace thing on her back kinda ruins what ever is underneath.

Ember is thicc though, no denying it.
>>
>>49994039
Demonbane is a lewd setting, that means it's banned. Make Aquarion Logos, instead, it's just as ridiculously OP and has much less pedophilia.
>>
>>49993997
>jumper spends most of their ten years hunting down the relics in a mundane Earth jump
>eight of the relics are stuff like that - famous lost treasures of the world. Paintings, sculptures, jewellery, literature, etc.
>jumper expecting the last to be more of the same
>it's the A-4E Skyhawk that rolled off the USS Ticonderoga back in 1956 and was never found, complete with 1MT hydrogen bomb.
>>
>>49994051
>Lewd
Nope. No more then Fate. Nice try though.
>>
>>49994039
Yeah go for it.
I'd love a demonbane jump assuming you aren't actually shitposting about it.
I mean Demonbane shows up in SRW doesn't it? It's not some kind of impossible to make a jump from setting.
>>
>>49994023
Humorously enough, he actually gets a female form in one of the sequels, one that is incredibly voluptuous, much to his female companions' jealousy. It becomes even more hilarious when you realize that he is allergic to those kind of women.

...one of his dad's vassals smothered him with her big boobs in order to get him to go to sleep when he was a baby. It's less an allergy and more of a phobia but he treats it like an allergy.
>>
>>49994017
That artist has some odd tastes for sure.
>>
>>49994057
The Demonbane is literally powered by pedophilia. That's a lot lewder than Fate. At least the "prana transfer" in that is with people old enough to give consent.
>>
>>49994077
In Fate a 8 year old at best Sakura is raped by thousands of penis worms for years on end, while also being raped during that time by her older adoptive brother and this comes up fairly often too. So still just fine.
>>
>>49994033
>Exalted training charms

I'm pretty sure this has to be a meme, because 1. al the ones I remember either turn mortals into heroic mortals-which is like turning regular people into the starter martial arts masters in Kung Fu Hustle, and definitely less powerful than, say, the School of the Undefeated East-or require you to KNOW THE PREREQUISITE CHARMS already for the higher-skilled charms.

...what the fuck am I saying? You know what? No. No, barring Dreams of the First Age, Hundredfold Facets of Enlightenment, the implied implications of the Broken Winged Crane and a very skillful use of Return of the Scarlet Empress' Ebon Dragon charms there is NO written Charm that compares to "upper DBZ levels of power" when that includes Beerus and Whis.
>>
>>49994057
Part of me wants to talk about Kurou's dimensional pants and how is a miracle he keeps something the size of a small child down there, but this is not the time and place

>>49994066
UX only mate
>>
>>49994003
It literally says in the description that you can't remove their limitations or bestow any innate power from Disgaea. Meaning that if you decide to train Batman, he will never be able to bench more than 1000-2000 pounds. Or throw punches with the equivalent level of force/strength. Or otherwise be able to grant him supernatural effects/skills. For 500 cp undiscounted, it kind of sucks compared to what else you can get in the jump.

Not to mention, that the capstone booster's basic effect has overlap with it's combined effect with the drop in capstone.

Also being a main character in Disgaea is generally a bit more/different than being able to train people well.
>>
>>49994077
First of all, nice dubs. Secondly, isn't the girl he has sex with the personification of the Necronomicon? I mean, she has a child-like body, sure, but from what I've heard of the setting she fits the "Looks 7, is actually 700" trope.
>>
>>49994066
I thought it was cleared up that Demonbane explicitly doesn't show up in the SRW that has a jump made for it? Like SRW has series and it's not this one's. Or something?
>>
File: ef7ee5eb2dd84f6752b4224dfcf12758.jpg (394KB, 1280x1264px) Image search: [Google]
ef7ee5eb2dd84f6752b4224dfcf12758.jpg
394KB, 1280x1264px
>>49993977
I think the closest things is the Ebberon campaign setting. It's a lot more heavy on "tech" than traditional Dungeons and Dragons. It was a 3.5 campaign, but not all that popular because of some wonky mechanics and subpar treatment of firearms.

It was an /amazing/ setting though. And no, we don't have a Jump for it.

>>49993975
None. I didn't really feel the need. I was too interested in exploring the world, collecting badges, and breeding Pokemon to catch the literal elements of the universe in a ball.

>>49993896
>Best
Frost Prime. I will stand inside my ice bubble all DAY and mow down your frozen body!

>Spoiler
I'd vote Ember, but probably because that's the Warframe my wife tended to play. So I spent a lot of time staring at a back view of it.

>>49993794
Holy shit I love you for making Slime Rancher a Jump. I hope you don't leave before it finished Beta so you can keep it updated.
>>
>>49994066
It does, but it's a bit of a quandary in SRW, since while it's amazingly strong, it's not really...as prominent as it is in its own series due to the way SRW works for individual series.

Generally making a SRW jump is possible, but the main issue has always resided in "how do you resolve the many crossover units". Each SRW always has an OC plot with the other series plots meshed in, so if you've played through the scenarios you'll have a pretty good idea of what happens. Japanese is pretty easy to read and straightforward, so it's not like watching a 状況 is impossible.

Thing is, most people won't take the effort to do it.
>>
>>49994031
You could do that. Just keep in mind what your jumper finds is decided by you, so if you want to make your chain boring by deciding your jumper immediately finds a bunch of OP artifacts...
>>
>>49994087
Really? I admit to only having a cursory knowledge of Fate. I thought those were just horrible parasites, not literally raping her. Well, guess we need to ban Fate too, then.

>>49994100
Yeah, I'm sure that's going to fly in court. "No, officer, she just looks seven. She's really the Necronomicon. It's not illegal to fuck a book!"
>>
>>49994057
The original on PC was apparently an eroge that was heavy with the Cthulhu mythos

I'll be gone for a few hours, don't wait for me.
>>
>>49994117
Hah. Good luck shitposter.
>>
>>49994077
>Pedo power
Brilliant! Why didn't I think of that? I can power all my stuff just using /b/.
>>
>>49994098
>Meaning that if you decide to train Batman, he will never be able to bench more than 1000-2000 pounds
I feel like he can already bench more than that.
>>
File: Raised Hand.jpg (174KB, 401x585px) Image search: [Google]
Raised Hand.jpg
174KB, 401x585px
>>49993902
Sorry, haven't been keeping up with threads lately.
What jump is this for?
>>
>>49994123
Anon, I'm not shitposting. I'm being philosophically consistent. I like the Fate jump, I'd rather we keep it. But I've stated my principles and I'm not going to be a hypocrite by making exceptions for them. It's a shame, but this is the position I have to take, now.
>>
If y'all haven't caught on: The Demonbane shit is the shitposter. Learn to ignore.
>>
>>49994122
>Eroge
As was multiple things we have actually, Fate just the biggest example (Because of course Fate is in these threads) so it's not usually worth naming all the others.

>Cthulhu Mythos
Eh. It's Cthulhu Mythos the same way Cthulhutech is the Cthulhu Mythos. Yeah they borrow a lot of characters, monsters and deities but it doesn't feel anything like the original stuff, gets a bunch of shit wrong and isn't really all that respectful either. If you're someone who loved Lovecraft's work and go into this expecting to see more of that stuff you're going to be pretty disappointed.
>>
And before y'all say them, 1. Fuck Obsidian Shards of Infinity Style, 2. the last Charm is still a non-Perfect Shaping effect that /explicitly/ requires a "dramatic moment" to work and 3. Creation-Slaying Oblivion Kick only works because Creation is perched precariously above Oblivion. Everywhere else, it's just...a really freaking good kick.
>>
I think the shitposter must have finally flunked out, that's why he's always here now.
>>
>>49994139
Thus a man's principles drag him into the abyss of shitposting. What a tragedy.
>>
>>49994137
Disgaea.

>>49994140
Which one, the one arguing for or against it?
>>
>>49994137
Still Disgaea, I think.
>>
>>49994140
It's nearly always obvious which posts are shitposts. That doesn't stop the idiots in this thread. It never has, never will.
>>
File: Festum.jpg (57KB, 600x339px) Image search: [Google]
Festum.jpg
57KB, 600x339px
>>49994109
Not to mention
>That one obscure franchise that will catch everyone off guard and start screaming
>there's probably one like that in every SRW
ARE YOU THERE?
>>
>>49994157
I'm sorry? Why have your brought those up? There's no way to get access to SMA in the chain.
>>
>>49994070
Is he stuck like that?
>>
>>49994173
What's it like being so limited in imagination?
>>
>>49994102
The SRW that's on the drive is OG, which takes the OC plots of Alpha series, Impact, F series, Compact (and I think now it has K and R too) and a few others and merges them together.

So aside from that, the Z series is completely separate. Whereas Masou Kishin also runs "parallel" to SRW OG. Technically you could probably make a Masou Kishin jump I guess. I wouldn't advise trying Z though.
>>
>>49994173
Oh but there is. Grab your stasis pods and go for broke in dragonblooded.
You personally can't use them, but you still have access in the chain if you're feeling lucky.
>>
>>49994182
WELL DONE

GENION
>>
>>49994137
Disgaea, which is currently tonight's hot button. I wonder if any of them realize I'm openly a sadist, so them shitposting and arguing at length about this just really entertains me? I'm also listening for an actual good suggestion, which I hope will show up eventually and I could use that. I dunno. This has been a fun night.

http://pastebin.com/DgZq298Q

Anyways, here's the updated WIP, sans drawbacks.
>>
File: Garlock Smirk.png (127KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
Garlock Smirk.png
127KB, 500x281px
>>49993794
Neat!

So uh. Can you keep slimes with you in future jumps?

Also uh. How DOES slime breeding work and why does that chicken look like it's being surrounded by happy slimes doing nonconsensual things to it?

Also why do I have a terrible fascination with what might happen if I attempt ot breed SCP 999 with the other slimes?
>>
>>49994147
>If you're someone who loved Lovecraft's work and go into this expecting to see more of that stuff you're going to be pretty disappointed.

It's Nitro Plus though, as long as they nail the hopelessness I don't mind. I like my fap sessions to have an air of futility about them
>>
>>49994181
>>49994188
Oh, I see. Not getting them for yourself but getting a companion that has them. Well, that's possible. Not really worth it, as you've said the SMA aren't as broken as people think they are, but you could do it if you wanted.
>>
>>49994172
Festumplsleaveandstaygo
BUT what about THE MAN WHO ALWAYS REFUSES TO DIE. Though if I get really bored I might just script up something for Rahxephon.
>>
>Waifuing the Queen of Air and Darkness
Best idea or liable to end with my dick being frozen and snapped off?
>>
>>49994052
>gets curious, googles lost nukes. Woah. The USAF managed to lose a 24MT bomb in a North Carolina swamp.
http://mentalfloss.com/article/17483/8-nuclear-weapons-us-has-lost
>>
>>49994173
>Leave a bunch of really powerful companions, weapons, items etc in Dragonblood jump
>Go to Mortal Heroes gauntlet and take the 0cp continuity drawback
>Link back up with your uber powerful companions, items and weapons
>Go find a sidereal exalt and grab Lytek's tools
>Murder said exalt and implant his exaltation using the tools into a companions soul, preferably one with the Soul Eater 9 souls thing.
>Once you exit the jump, eat/take/absorb/whatever that exalted soul to take it as your own or just take the exaltation with the tools and put it into one of your own souls.
You now have a Sidereal exaltation that has fully powered Perfect shit still working for it rather then being nerfed.
>>
>>49994172
I should make a Fafnir jump. That was a fun series. If nothing else, I want a chance to kill the Festum for the dumb "no, we weren't trying to kill you, we were just defending ourselves after you misinterpreted our communication methods as an attack and started fighting us" bit. Has there ever been a single alien race in fiction who pulled that act and didn't come off as insufferable because of it?
>>
>>49994221
>Meh, it'll grow back.
>>
>>49994198
You know you aren't helping when you try and play it off like the shitposting doesn't bother you.
A reaction is a reaction, and it must have bothered you at least a little if you posted that it didn't.
Kindly ignore it in the future. As is you're just feeding.
>>
>>49994221
In what setting?
>>
>>49994198
Yes, please encourage the shit storm for all of us that don't like it. It's really nice of you to do it for us, we can't possibly get enough.

Can you please not? I don't care if you don't give a shit about feedback, just please don't actively mock and encourage the shit posters. It's bad enough without you adding to it.
>>
File: JDjESF2.png (389KB, 1300x997px) Image search: [Google]
JDjESF2.png
389KB, 1300x997px
>>49994198
>I wonder if any of them realize I'm openly a sadist,

WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO NYMPH YOU FUCK!?!
I'LL FIND OUT WHERE YOU LIVE AND BEAT YOU UP!
>>
>>49994238
It never quite feels the same after that, though.
>>
>>49994031
Noble Phantasms are crystallisations of mysteries, they're not really items that you can find. You could find the mystic code precursors for them though.
>>49994117
Are you being genuine? There are plenty of settings where rape happens. Are you saying that they should be banned if it's mentioned to have happened in a world?
>>
>>49994230
You'll need a lot better than Lytek's tools to manipulate the Exaltations like that, Second Edition changed him to having a much smaller role in directing the shards. But otherwise, fair enough. If you want to go through all that effort just to get a sub-par Exaltation, you're welcome to it.
>>
>>49994204
>hopelessness
....Not really? I mean, there are some moments that do have that feel but ultimately the series is not about a hopeless struggle for survival where each day you manage to gain victory over the uncaring, miserable cosmos is a blessing.
>>
>>49994235
Do not poke the giant psychic silicon jelly hive
How's Fafner Exodus by the way? I havent been keeping up

>>49994215
I really need to restart watching Votoms and continue Gallient
>>
>>49994266
>Falling for the bait.
Stop.
>>
>>49994247
Dresden, obviously.

How many waifu-tier Queens of Air and Darkness are there?
>>
File: 1407791316248.png (62KB, 594x397px) Image search: [Google]
1407791316248.png
62KB, 594x397px
>>49994250
The most heinous of things, anon. I'm buying her ice cream then doing things like making sure she has TV channels to watch those soap operas she likes, and finally the worst of all, giving her headpats and telling her I'm proud of her.
>>
>>49994266
I'm saying that if rape is a central plot element to the setting, that it shouldn't be a jump.
>>
>>49994273
>Second Edition changed
Mmm. Might want to go read those Celestial Compass books again anon. All the info on his tools I used are from there.

>Sub par
Only way to get a fully powered Exaltation actually, given the only other Exalted jump we have nerfs Perfects.
>>
>>49994283
>How many waifu-tier Queens of Air and Darkness are there?
>>
>>49994196
ICE DOWN.

COOL AS HELL
>>
>>49994221
She did have a kid she cares for so you might have a chance. Just don't expect getting her to genuinely care for you to be easy at all.
>>
>>49994230
Perfects weren't actually nerfed.
You can already break them with dreams of the first age shit so it stands to reason that other similar power level things could break perfects as well.
Perfect doesn't actually mean perfect in exalted.
>>
Well, this is the worst thread we had in a while.
>>
>>49994302
I mean. I'm perfectly willing to fuck midgets.
>>
>>49994313
Only if you ignore the errata can you do so. Then again, people seem happy to pick and choose what errata they follow so you might as well do the one that benefits you most.
>>
>>49994301
The books must be contradicting each other, then. Second Edition also does that a lot. My apologies. As for it being a sub par Exaltation, I didn't mean you doing this roundabout path to getting one. I meant you going for a Sidereal Exaltation. You can do better, anon. Solar or bust.
>>
>>49994211
Not them.

And-fuck my life, I've just remembered I've completely disproven myself with what I've done there so disregard, I suck cocks, and I conclude that it's the non-Charm high level shit that actually reaches that tier.

>>49994221
Frozen and snapped off. 1. She's basically Granny Weatherwax as an elven queen. I know people here want everything to suck their cock as a show of dominance but seriously-she is not the bubbly, cuddly type. At all. All the people who made attempts at waifuing her are dead, one of them (Oberon) possibly because of a matter-antimatter reaction that happened when he had a threesome with her and her sister. 2. She's charged with the defence of reality against an infinite army of eldrtich abominations, and is not going to leave her world willingly.
>>
>>49994286
You fiend!
>>
>>49994286
That sounds as evil as copious snuggling and cooking meals for her and lets not forget holding hands in public
>>
>>49994331
You know, I did say you should use the Soul Eater 9 souls thing. You should be going for at least one of each type (Except Alchemicals obviously) and extras of the one you like most for other castes.
>>
>>49994297
Well shit I guess crime dramas can't be jumps now.
Real life style jumps are right out as well.
You're a goddamn moron. Go fuck yourself.
>>
File: 100 Lifts Every Day.jpg (459KB, 595x842px) Image search: [Google]
100 Lifts Every Day.jpg
459KB, 595x842px
>>49994198
Remove the "doesn't remove their limitations or affect in universe powers" clause? Seems kind of redundant when the point is you're turning joe blow into a protagonist of that setting, even if only in potential. The idea of hardcapping a capstone about breaking your potential cap seems kind of what to me? To go on the example it's akin to taking cowgirl from soul nomad and making her a protagonist except not really because she can never get their due to her own limitations? So much for her aspirations of being King Moodian the second. Let them become the protagonist of their own story, even if they have to do the 100 sets every day until their hair falls out.

Celestia's enhancement would be better served in maybe correcting them given the perk tree leading up to that was suited for it? If you're so good then befriend them with molten holy friendship and fix their evil ways. Fill your dark soul with light, heavens.
>>
Ladies and Gentlemen, I have information relating to the Titanfall jump that might interest everyone
[Big Spoilers]
>>
>>49994343
>You're a goddamn moron
Pot meet kettle. STOP FEEDING HIM DUMBASS.
>>
>>49994349
You know posting this and saying it's spoilers doesn't really matter when no one else is going to use spoilers?

Asshole.
>>
>>49994349
Don't do it Kanons
>>
>>49994318
Do you want the furry porn to come back? because that's how you encourage furry porn to come back
>>
>>49994347
>even if they have to do the 100 sets every day until their hair falls out.
Nah man. Just train for a week and you can punch out planets.
>>
>>49994343
Stop slippery sloping, anon. I get it, your power fantasy feels threatened, but that's no reason to use bad logic. I mean stories where the perspective is on the rape. Crime dramas don't show it happening. Real life settings have no camera to focus on an event. Fiction does. And the things a narrative draws attention to set tone, which can make or break a story. I don't want to go to a world where it's clear the creator was jerking off to the creepiest fucking shit.
>>
>>49994368
At least that gets the mods here.
>>
>>49994347
This is a good suggestion. I'll add this to my notes on both, and see if I can work with the capstone booster a tiny bit.
>>
>>49994372
Friendly reminder that if you're rolling with powerlevels working that way then literally anyone else can do it as well.
Which means the world dies instantly as soon as you enter the jump because two asshats went at it and you go home.
It's so nice that the problem solves itself.
>>
>>49994349
Do you mean there is an update happening or is that picture the spoiler, because a lot of settings have an abuseable bit of nonsense like that in them.
>>
File: you had my curiosity.gif (998KB, 500x244px) Image search: [Google]
you had my curiosity.gif
998KB, 500x244px
>>49994349
>>
>>49994399
Only going as Heavens himself said it works. 6 months to get to level 1000. Go back a few threads and look for yourself.
>>
>>49994318
>worst
You hateful shitposting nigger, please leave and then commit suicide. We've had threads before that consisted entirely of shitposting and rabid assmonkey arguing. This one had several wips posted, including one of a new, nearly complete jump. This thread has actually been pretty decent, all things considered.
>>
File: butthurtmuch.jpg (85KB, 640x420px) Image search: [Google]
butthurtmuch.jpg
85KB, 640x420px
>>49994419
>>
>>49994399
Then apparently everyone is instantly dead anyway. The maker himself based the few months to get to the 4 digit levels based on Laharl's levelling, which is apparently canon. Meaning that canonically everyone levels that fast. So unless you fanwank the setting is way weaker then it is most jumpers just die going there.
>>
>>49994324
There's only two parts of the errata I hold true for my chain purposes. The first is Chancels, which technically have always been there but weren't explained in any depth. The second is the Magnanimous Unbound Sun form, which goes some way towards justifying to me how the Sun could take down a Primordial.
>>
>>49994445
>Magnanimous Unbound Sun form
What?
>>
>>49994445
See? Ignore every bit except what you want to/what suits you.

Personally, I ignore most of it save for things like getting rid of Zeal, since I love my perfect defenses more then perfectly doing anything in such a limited way.
>>
>>49994419
>>49994443
While I think that's a little fast it doesn't really matter how fast it is. What level 1000 means is different to everyone.
If you think that the planet busting isn't just a fancy animation then it means planet busting is a real problem and oh shit now the entire world is fucked several times over.
Which is why you should go with the sane and reasonable FF7 explanation.
>>
>>49994471
Except Laharl destroys entire space fleets with ease at far below level 100 in the first game and multiple planet busters exist at the first few hundred levels. Meaning you're still all dead from all the mobs and bandits in the several hundred levels range, if not the unique characters even higher.
>>
>>49993266
>>49993200
>>49993066
I thought they could eat other foods, it's just that it tastes like utter crap and they're forced to throw it up most of the time.
>>
>>49994459
Lets be real here. Exalted Erratta is all over the place and nobody knows what the fuck is up.
Cherry picking is the only real way to make sense of things and if you're going to do that then you should take what you like most.
I don't think there's anyone not on the staff that unironically likes overdrive pools, but they still fucked over a bunch of infernal charms to support them.
It's dumb.
>>
>>49994503
Sure, I do it too. Just saying no one can really pretend either side is more right or that one thing is definitely canon or not.
>>
>>49994503
Overdrive pools is pure, PURE! Infernals a shit anyway.
>>
>>49994454
The Unconquered Sun-the most powerful god in Exalted-has a super mode in the errata. It removes his ability to relate to the world through his Virtues, alters his constant free Perfect Defense to only affect Shaping and mental influence, makes him a little bigger with a hide of swirly galaxies and supernovas for eyes and gives him 28 arms.

Oh, and:

1. Through cheaty shadow hax bullshit that duplicates some of the artifacts he was awarded at the end of the Primordial War, the Sun can use his Valor and Conviction powers (read: deal infinite damage lasers and win at anything by a threshold of 10 arbitrary success increments as well as contest any Charm effect with 40 increments of automatic success) WITHOUT REGARD FOR HIS VIRTUE LIMITATIONS

2. He can unleash a cyclone of fire around him that deals 300 lethal damage per tick, which in Exaltedspeak translates roughly to "you fucking burn to death without a Perfect" that sucks you towards it

3. He gets a power that lets him regenerate some of his arms if they're broken. Oh, and each arm has 10 levels of -0 damage and he can ONLY lose one at most in an individual attack.

4. He can arbitrarily declare himself immune to melee, thrown and martial arts damage or sorcery (only one though he can change his mind)

5. And finally, HE CANNOT BE DEFEATED until all his arms are broken. The words are literally bolded.

>>49994459
Hey man, I wasn't even disagreeing with you. Frankly given how open-ended the fluff is I get the impression Exalted as a gameline actively encourages you to make these decisions.
>>
>>49994493
If you're not paying attention to how the jump is being written, stop commenting on it.
>>
Oh, and he also becomes buffer. 10B/10L/5A extra soak. Or hardness. It doesn't realy matter given how the devs have tried to emphasise mechanics aren't supposed to equal hard and fast measurements, and you know-the whole win-at-everything power.
>>
>>49994493
You know that you don't /have/ to be a blood knight who picks fights right? Just because someone is strong enough to kill you doesn't mean that you have to fight them.
>>
>>49994561
So? You still die due to collateral damage from other people fighting and destroying the planet as collateral.
>>
File: where do you think we are.jpg (103KB, 498x441px) Image search: [Google]
where do you think we are.jpg
103KB, 498x441px
>>49994561
>>
>>49994537
That superform is pretty stupid.
>>
>>49994605
Literally every part of Exalted lore is pretty stupid.
>>
>>49994643
FUck you I liked the daystar.
>>
>>49994657
It's okay anon, nobody has perfect taste.
>>
>>49994554
Sounds like they could've saved themselves a whole of time and wank by just doing what the WoD authors did for Cain and have YOU LOSE as his stats?
>>
>>49994657
FUCk you I liked the chungira.
>>
>>49994684
Fuck you I liked the >>50000000
>>
>>49994683
That wouldn't be thematic to exalted though. Because the whole setting is built on being built on people making the impossible possible.
So you can beat the Unconquered Sun when he enters tard rage assuming you have a high essence group that specced for it.
>>
>>49994699
>Making the impossible possible
Just remember, you can never ever beat time travel.
>>
>>49994711
Tell that to the Solars because that's what they fucking did when they kicked the Yozi's asses.
>>
>>49994471
>>49994493
>>49994399
You are all incredibly autistic. People throwing around planet-universe busting attacks doesn't necessitate that level of environmental damage. Haven't you retards ever seen Dragon Ball Z?
>>
>>49994771
They actually bust the planet in the attack animation though.
Like they hit it and it dies. This isn't "Vegetable can kick people hard enough to crack planets"
This is "He kicked the planet and now we're all fucked"
>>
>>49994751
Solars are acausal anyways. And time travel is baby tier to most jumpers, considering how prevalent defense against it are.
>>
>>49994771
Possibly the worst example you could have used given it's actually pointed out in series they don't always go all out and usually focus their energy rather then make huge explosions. There's also all the times they've made known that some attacks, like Goku's kamehameha against Perfect Cell (Or vice versa) in the Cell Games would have destroyed the earth if it hit the ground instead of going into the air.

So really, haven't YOU ever seen Dragon Ball Z?
>>
>>49994802
>>49994789
Precisely. They are clearly focusing their energy, and the cutscene animations are just giving a scale to the level of power being thrown around. In any case, stop trying to force this stupid notion of 'lel you enter this setting you die XD' down everyone's throat.
>>
>>49994684
FucK you I liked Legend of the Titans
>>
>>49994827
I'm not. You're missing the point.
Heavens said that you can determine if battle animations are fluff or not.
Which means that if you're dumb enough to say they're 100% real to powergame then you die nigh instantly.

If you aren't a retard then you have nothing to worry about. Because then it's the same principle as Sephiroth blowing up the solar system 15 times.
>>
File: 1407127411888.jpg (134KB, 576x576px) Image search: [Google]
1407127411888.jpg
134KB, 576x576px
>>49994852
Affirming that this statement is true.
>>
File: DESS.png (60KB, 178x397px) Image search: [Google]
DESS.png
60KB, 178x397px
>>
>>49994852
Hahahahahaha. Holy fuck I just realized your shitposting. Fuck's sake. Well, until Heavensanon comes out and says that you die if you go with that universe busting interpretation, I'll just go with grinding to that level in a few years or decades. Night shitposter-kun!
>>
>>49994893
>>49994875
Now I'm just a bystander, but how does it feel to get BTFO so badly?
>>
File: This poor gundam.gif (395KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
This poor gundam.gif
395KB, 400x400px
How much is too much anyways
>>
>>49994875
Affirming that the 'die instantly if you enter Disgaea' is true or the you can decide if the animations are accurate? Because you might want to change the Level One perk if the latter is true. It doesn't read that way at all
>>
>>49994852
I mean, technically it depends on how powerful you are when you enter the setting. Some mid to late chain jumpers can handle planet busters just fine. Not any anon from before, just thought I'd point out that planet busting isn't the end all be all for jumpers.

Then again, the point is moot because it is far more hilarious for Laharl to drop a meteor on a mook with it not even killing said mook, so that's what I'm going for.
>>
>>49994876
I wish for it.

>>49994921
>>
>>49994921
The last one is enough. Barely.

MORE DAKKA!
>>
>>49994921
4 was pushing it.
>>
>>49994852
Do you just ignore everything that contradicts you? Like how people point out that canon cutscene power levels, things not in the in game battles, by people below level 100 or in the 100s, are just as powerful?

>>49994875
And what about you? Going to just start shit again while ignoring canon power levels, ones that you'd have to retcon story events to ignore, still result in this problem?
>>
File: really.jpg (55KB, 325x363px) Image search: [Google]
really.jpg
55KB, 325x363px
>>49994349
>tfw it's true
Well at this point honestly fuck it.
>>
>>49994962
Nothing contradicts me here.
The setting is 100% unsustainable if cutscene attacks are really happening.
Levels are an abstraction and story feats have nothing to do with them given you can get to that point of the game at any level.
>>
>>49994875
So if you go with the higher power interpretation you die instantly unless you start the jump at planetbusting? That makes no sense mang. Laharl and co start at level one, which is apparently 'peak human', and they are never one shotted by one of the mook-tier starbusting demons. Either way, at least update the jump to make it clear which options are traps for people who aren't somewhat familiar to the setting.
>>
What even is a bancho?
>>
>>49995008
So if levels have no point or relevance, why does Heavens keep telling people what level they'd get to based on how long they train?
>>
>>49995010
Leader of a Japanese Gang. They usually sport pompadours. The word basically just mean boss or leader, but is usually used when talking about Gangs.
>>
>>49995025
Because people are autistic and need to be given hard numbers or else they'll have a anyeurism and die.
>>
>>49995010
A miserable little pile of secrets.
>>
>>49995008
I feel like the idea of those cutscene attacks giving off scale makes more sense than the setting just not making sense if you with higher powered interpretations. The compressing your power to avoid wide scale damage is basically commonplace to higher-powered fiction, why not here? But I'll wait till Heavensanon gives more clarification.
>>
Why do we even care this much.

This is the one thing bamboozling me right now. Why the sam fuck do we care this much. We fanwank and prefer our own errata over any other bloody thing, why is Disgaea so bloody important.
>>
>>49995034
So he's lying to them then?
>>
>>49994922
>>49994875
The former is true, I mean.
>>
>>49995044
I dunno, man. I feel the same way about Kamen Rider, as in I just cannot fathom how anyone could find it interesting or even just not entirely ridiculous.
>>
>>49995044
VALIDATION.
>>
>>49995041
>Heavens actually getting off his ass instead of leaving people to argue with each other when he could solve it
Pft. Good fucking luck.
>>
>>49994922
Deciding if the animations are accurate, or just, you know, fancy video game cutscenes made by developers who weren't keeping in mind a bunch of people making stupid power arguments over the internet.

This was discussed several threads ago and was what I tried stating in the Level One and comparing mooks to unique characters. That said, I already know the vast majority of the people screaming about this don't actually care about Disgaea or the jump, and are just interested in continuing this shitstorm.

If I make hard numbers and scale it back, people will complain about everyone being able to insta-nuke the Jumper and never being able to measure up.

If I make hard numbers and scale it up, the jump becomes a blatant powergrab and how dare I snap the chain in half.

Basically, I can't please everyone or quell arguments and I knew that going into this mess. Most I'll do is clarify or patch things I didn't intentionally leave vague.

Honestly, I could post several remixes of Bring Me to Life and it'd have about the same end result and productivity where these are concerned. So I'm just gonna sit here and enjoy a warm drink while yall burn yourselves out.
>>
>>49995041
This actually makes sense and is what you should do for high power interpretations.
I was refering to those who think that they're actually tearing planets in half with their teeth. Which is retarded and you shouldn't do that.

>>49995055
No it's the truth, you get those levels. They just don't mean anything more than you think they mean, but since they're in nice numerical format even the most egregrious powerwankers can handle it.
>>
>>49995079
Lo and behold, I'm >>49995065 right.
>>
>>49995079
So instead of pleasing one side, you choose to make both sides constantly argue? You're kind of a gigantic asshole aren't you?
>>
>>49995098
>implying any explanation or ruling would prevent this shitshow
>>
>>49995079
What kind of warm drink?
>>
>>49995079
The funny thing is it's already a blatant powergrab no matter what and all your douchebaggery is doing is making people specifically angry with you. Clever cookie aren't you Heavens?
>>
>>49995091
>>49995098
He's literally giving both sides the chance to be right. But you don't really care, do you. He's right when he says you just want to keep flinging shit at each other.
>>
>>49995108
>He's literally giving both sides the chance to be right
And, you utter incompetent idiot, that means both sides think they are right and the other is wrong, meaning it's a constant, not possible to end argument. But you don't care do you? You're too busy sucking Heavens off to realise he's actually taking the worst possible choice of a bunch of bad choices.
>>
So to avoid this shitstorm, I have a question: Did we ever decide if Lost Odyssey should be suspended from the drive?
>>
>>49995131
Seemed like everyone that was talking about it agreed it should be until SJ can come back and explain some stuff, whether it gets changed or not.

Don't personally have an opinion on the things that seemed to be the problem but I guess waiting until an actual discussion to solve people's issues can be held is probably the better option?
>>
>>49995131
I thought the answer was yes, we shouldn't allow it. It might get in once it has some changes made.
>>
>>49995131
For now I think that would be best.
There's never been a outright agreement, but nobody ever objected outright either.
It could still use some heaving tuning up.
>>
>>49995079
Oh, okay. I thought you were leaving the exact powerlevels and their specifications up to fanwank, so you seemingly affirming the shitposter trying to push max-power Disgaea as an auto-lose situation was a bit jarring. But if it was just a misunderstanding, then I guess I should probably just go to bed

Thanks for the good jumps Heavens.
>>
File: 24.png (149KB, 794x714px) Image search: [Google]
24.png
149KB, 794x714px
>>49995131
>lets avoid this shitstorm by bringing up a hot button issue
>>
>>49995131
I must have missed the memo, why would we remove it from the drive? Is it incomplete or something?
>>
>>49995118
You made these exact same complaints before and the thread and Heavensanon already told you to fuck off. Why can't you take a hint? The matter is settled.
>>
>>49995168
It's not actually on the drive proper yet, and it has an item that gives you free things from other jumps as well as several more that break the meta.
>>
>>49995168
Not remove it, just place it in the WIP folder until SJ can respond to criticism.
>>
>>49995131
The jump seems fine. Seriously, SJ was in the thread for several hours answering questions and shit, and even asked if it should be uploaded. Why the sudden 180?
>>
>>49995168
Basically there's a bunch of stuff that got a lot of critique or complaints but SJ generally ignored the complaints or responded with "I disagree and that's that". When people asked WHY she thought they should stay in, she just left and put the jump on the upload folder. So people want it to be taken off until she can come back and properly answer all the questions about the problematic stuff before it gets on.

>>49995201
See my post. She didn't answer everything and what she didn't answer is the most problematic stuff in the jump.
>>
>>49995168
There was a perk some anons took issue with, it isn't particularly exceptional but some people think it can be abused.

In reality it is just annoying to deal with and too meta for some people here.
>>
>>49995044
It's not we, it's just that the shitposter is on, Heavens is on, and he thinks he can bash his head into him and get a reaction like he can other jumpmakers.
>>
>>49995201
I dunno. There were even some responses along the lines of "Looks good now."

I think this mainly occurred because some anon found a perk that seemed "really OP" but is merely "pretty damn good" instead.
>>
Seriously, the shitposter has made this same argument THREE TIMES before. Why are you people so stupid to fall for it again?
>>
>>49995206
What stuff is problematic?
>>
>>49995227
I'm not even sure who's shitposting who right now.
Which argument is it again?
>>
>>49995224
And some people saying it's fine, with no guarantee they even read the whole thing or considered the whole thing, is obviously 100% proof that it's a okay.

Come on dude. People just want it to be held off till SJ can come back and answer some shit. They're not arguing for it to be banned, what's the issue?
>>
>>49995230
Go read the thread, this thread. It gets discussed at length earlier. Dirge and a bunch of other anons talk about it.
>>
File: 1477271605840.jpg (28KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1477271605840.jpg
28KB, 640x480px
>>49995227
Deja Vu!
I've just been in this place before!
(Higher on the street!)
And I know it's my time to come home!
Calling you!
>>
>>49995243
Senpai we know it's just you trying to piss off SJ and keep us from having one jump, since each time that happens you get all hard.
>>
>>49995227
Just so you know: With how commonly accusations of "shiposting" are bandied about in this thread, I literally have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>49995251
This time it's actually not the shitposter.
Even people on IRC were upset about how the item gives what is effectively free CP in their jumps.
Royal Seal needs to go.
>>
>>49995258
Honestly, anon? I think we don't have nearly enough shiposting in these threads.
>>
>>49995233
Disgae one, blind one.
>>
>>49995270
>IRC

Welp, that confirms it. It's just a bunch of panty-twisted namefags trying to keep their jumps special.

Is Red one of the anons hollering for it to be taken off the drive too?
>>
>>49995279
Why did you post a picture of Iowa? Is she shit or a shitposter? How is that bit relevant?
>>
>>49995294
Don't reply to yourself while pretending to be me.
>>
>>49995294
Of course not. No one's an anon in the IRC.
>>
>>49995279
We get plenty of shitposting, just never any clever shitposting. Just that one guy spouting the same tired crap about Red or whichever other Jumpmaker he's pissed at at the time.

>>49995294
See? This guy. He's probobly at least one of the anons on both sides of the argument.
>>
>>49995307
>>49995313
Read the posts again. You may something is not as familiar as you're used to.
>>
>>49995270
No offense, but I could give a flying fuck what IRC thinks. Why didn't more people speak up when the jump was in the thread? They seemed to care more about the whole Auto Mode rebalancing thing than any of that Royal Seal business.

Besides that, we have more fucked up jumps in the drive that were literally shoved in there without passing by the thread. Suspending a jump that was actually subject to criticism. passed, and was uploaded because a few people failed to speak up seems kind of messed up. We should at least wait till SJ is here till we make that kind of decision.
>>
>>49995351
>Why didn't more people speak up when the jump was in the thread?
They did, but SJ-chan said that she disagreed with the anons who said Royal Seal and Name Plate were not balanced, and so that was the argument won in her favor, since she was the jumpmaker.
>>
>>49995351
Because people aren't awake in all timezones? Because people did care about royal seal and SJ chan did not change it?
Because when she was asked she dismissed all criticism about the item and ignored questions on why?
There's plenty of reasons.
>>
>>49995351
Dude, the fuck are you on about? All people are saying is to keep it off the drive, you know, so it's not considered completely official the second it does like other jumps are, until she can answer some questions.

People are waiting for SJ to come back, they just don't want to get into yet another dumbass argument because the jump was put into the main folders and people assumed it was 100% done forever.
>>
>>49995372
Why not just keep it in Uploads Limbo like normal, but for longer?
>>
>>49995392
That might work. But then it might get lost in a purge if someone floods the uploads folder like they tend to do.
>>
>>49995408
Look honestly, if SJ-chan wants it up in the drive that badly, or if others want it up in the drive that badly, then they'll put the effort to bring it up in every thread until it gets put in.
>>
Since the OT jump causes the/an Empire to rise no matter what you do in the previous jumps, does that mean that the Emperor will gain an equivalent to Darth Vader even if you prevent Anakin from falling to the Dark Side?
>>
>>49995423
That's not how it works.
>>
>>49995434
I'd be amused to see SJ-chan posting in every thread to get it moved into the drive.
>>
>>49995424
I'd think so, given the whole Rule Of Two that the Emperor subscribes to.
>>
>>49995061

> I feel the same way about Kamen Rider, as in I just cannot fathom how anyone could find it interesting or even just not entirely ridiculous.

Uncalled for, man
Uncalled for
>>
>>49995392
This. At this point it's the sensible option instead of everyone accusing everyone else of being a drama queen.

And I swear I'll strangle whoever tries to piggyback off my post with an ironic HURR BUT DAZ DUMB with my bare hands.
>>
>>49995658
Don't worry about it Digger. Some people just lack taste. Like that guy.

Speaking of Kamen Rider, I got a question for you: exactly how fast is SuperSonic? I mean, I know he can match Clock Up, but how fast is that actually (like, Mach 5 or more ala Skull Man's Acceleration mode?), and how long can he maintain that?
>>
>>49995351
To put it simply for 300 CP it is offering 600 CP tier items from 9 jumps of your choice. There's some other stupid stuff mixed in two, but when you're explicitly handing out items from other jumps from your jump with the only guidelines being top tier unique artifacts you've kinda got an issue. It's also the sort of thing that just screams meta for the sake of meta instead of having an actual reason for having such broad applications. I mean looking at the jump the balance seems kinda screwy between origins, and it seems more to be focused on mechanics of the game than setting to an extreme degree. But that item is plain unacceptable. Name Plate is also idiotic, but at least only gives one item that you have to actually work for.

Sorry for the late reply, went through and read the jump myself to see what else was going on in it.
>>
>>49995658
Hey, man, your jumps are good. Great even.

They're enjoyable reads, but just about the only things keeping me reading on about a setting that turns me off at nearly every level.
>>
>>49995675
See >>49995408 the post directly after the one you responded too. The sensible option, given SJ chan has shown a certain stubborness in wanting to get any jump they make onto the drive even when the entire thread has been turned against her, is to just put it into the WIP folder until she comes back and talks to people.

As shown by her past actions, she has a vested interested in coming back to do so. Having it in the WIP folder means it won't get lost or forgotten while not making anyone think it's fully done. It solves every problem in the interim wait for her to come back.
>>
>>49995722
Do you realize you have to work just as hard if not harder for the Royal Seal items? That it by no means "hands you" the items?
>>
>>49995686

Well, I used Clock Up as an example. Clock up is Ludicrous speed, and even a reasonable calc puts it at Mach 7,500 (with the show itself saying that it approaches near light speed. granted that's bullshit considering a bullet was still moving at an actual pace in clock up mode)

So if I had to give an estimation for SuperSonic...about Mach 50, give or take a few machs.
Of course the actual speed is "ridiculously fast but not as bullshit as Faiz and Kabuto" but that's not a number so
>>
>>49995754
This part is what doesn't make sense. The canonical royal seal is just a matter of walking to some places and touching them, and you get items. Most of them were placed in very safe locations, which a single one being located on an out of reach location for most of the game. The character that the item refers to was always intended to get the royal seal's items, which were his "inheritance" of sorts.

Essentially, he was always meant to be handed the items.

It's what the seals together actually released that was supposed to be what was fought over. And to its credit, an instant death item and the ultimate blow tech wasn't all too bad.

Why does the item's description in the jump reference absolutely none of this?
>>
File: OH GOD.jpg (18KB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
OH GOD.jpg
18KB, 360x270px
>>49995774
>Mach 50
Oh lord. How long can he keep that up for? Because if he can do that for as long as he wants...I'm getting speed blitzed. I'm getting speed blitzed HARD.
>>
>>49995754
You simply need to find them, there's no other requirement or work needed. A scavenger hunt or a couple minutes scrying to get your own assortment of relics for free with no risk of anyone important taking issue with you for stealing their awesome relics isn't really much of a risk or problem.
>>
>>49995822
>anyone important taking issue with you for stealing their awesome relics
This is something that the item's description doesn't address, but those items all rightfully belong to you to begin with. There's no measure of stealing at all. This can be "gimmicked" using property recall abilities or some form of magic, but that's a different notion.
>>
>>49995777
Ugh, yeah.

If only SB authors weren't so fond of their absolutes. This perk in particular could probably be fixed with something like : "These containers hold items that would be considered useful or worthwhile by the inhabitants of your setting. While all of them will be unique, you'll find most of them are lacking in raw power. As this is an inheritance, it's likely that their quality will vary according to your background."

Honestly, I don't have too much of any issue with it aside from the price. Fuck it's getting late here, so I'm just going to bow out of this conversation. God night, anon.
>>
>>49995835
Pretty sure that's what he was getting at. It's just a way to get things without paying for them or acquiring them yourself in jump, stealing them or otherwise.
>>
>>49995835
Yes, what I'm saying is that unlike most big name relics they're indisputably yours and nobody will be trying to take them back. Normal big name artifacts are almost certainly going to have important owners and quite possibly be plot critical. These things are a walk in the park with few to no repercussions for acquiring them.
>>
>>49995734
You know what, that's actually a good point. For what votes are worth here, I'm in favor of the WIP folder too.
>>
>>49995880
Also this.
>>
So, would you say this counts as a shitstorm? I'm doing paperwork and trying to figure out if I met my daily quota.

Thanks in advance, anons.
>>
>>49995963
Probably, I mean there's a few people discussing it relatively calmly but it mostly has devolved into recursive insult slinging.
>>
>>49995963
I'd say it counts more as a shit drizzle.
It's annoying, and nobody enjoys it, but it isn't enough to actually stop anyone from working.
In some ways that in itself is more annoying than the storm.
>>
>>49995963
I don't believe you...

Tell me something only the shitposter would know.
>>
>>49995975
Red is a trannie. He also marred Reborn's flawless masterpiece of a jump with his making the origins equal so one doesn't get ridiculous unstoppable shonen powers plus a bunch of unique BS for the same price another spends to stop their heart for ten minutes.
>>
>>49995973
As someone who lives where it never rains but it pours, I can confirm that high humidity is much more awful than an actual storm-which at least brings with it refreshing certainty of purpose. As in, spending time curled up somewhere playing vidya and watching the rain fall.
>>
>>49995973
>>49995998
I can also confirm this. Living in a desert means that when rain season comes, all we get is humidity while everyone else gets the actual, you know, rain. It's even worse because I can see the rain pouring down on the other side of the mountain, it's just taunting me.

GOD DAMN IT, CAN ONE FUCKING RAINSTORM ACTUALLY RAIN ON US, IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK?!
>>
>>49995990
Fuck you.
>>
>>49996027
He's doing that thing where he thinks being snarky is hilarious but ends up making an ironic shitpost.

Bad humor seems to be a sadly common and contagious affliction in these parts.
>>
>>49996083
I figure no harm so long as I do it rarely and make sure to use ancient stuff that everyone knows was scatovore. The post I replied to was also literally asking for it.
>>
>>49996109
Nah, I get that.

I'm just saying-I've seen it happen too much in the past such that it kicked up actual shitstorms to find any humour in it. Like a Vietnam vet coming home to find someone selling Uncle Sam realdolls to the local Asian community.
>>
File: Doc Scratch.png (181KB, 500x324px) Image search: [Google]
Doc Scratch.png
181KB, 500x324px
>>49991088
What kind of ancient million year old immortal would I be if I couldn't enjoy having new playthings?
>>
File: xeno.jpg (126KB, 1024x1326px) Image search: [Google]
xeno.jpg
126KB, 1024x1326px
>>49991088
Love it...depending on the world. There are a lot of places I'd jump without cp just for being able to go there. A couple of places I'd toss a match on before pissing off to outer space.

>>49991278
My jumper is reconciling their "grimderpness side" with their "love and justice" side.

On the writefagging side, I'm trying to figure out what my jumper's nine weaknesses are (thanks for the jump, Skull Slime).

And on the jump-making side, the halloween project was finished yesterday and I think I'll dump it next thread. Existing projects should pick up from next week onwards, if I don't get sidetracked.

>>49992291
I admire his work and put everything back the way it was - I'm a rogue build, he hasn't got anything I haven't seen before.

>>49993145
Quite a bit, but it's circumstantial.

>>49993896
The custom warframe you build, of course. But I like the Ivara frame.

>>49993977
Pathfinder has the gunslinger class. No jump of it yet, but I thought someone was working on one.
>>
>>49992291
>I sigh and exit the warehouse.
>I wait until he dies of age.
>I return to the warehouse.
>>
>>49996395
The traps will still be there anon.
>>
>>49992291
I build robots to run the gauntlet for me, setting off the traps one robot at a time.
>>
File: 1416470097590.jpg (342KB, 1024x1579px) Image search: [Google]
1416470097590.jpg
342KB, 1024x1579px
>>49996428
>implying anything can survive the passage of time.
>>
>>49992291
I ensure a master datatrax is on me (to prevent my stuff from getting destroyed permanently)
Mindrape him into undoing whatever
Then let him go, and give him a Vietnamese landmine next time he's asleep.
>>
How dangerous is Heaven's Lost Property? These mentions of continent-leveling weapons are worrying.
>>
>>49996969
Far as I can tell? It's similar to DxD or Symphogear where the MC and his harem/teammates experience short periods of dumb fanservice/slice of life, and long period of unreasonable advanced technology indistinguishable from divine power/vice versa being levelled against himself/herself and said teammates/harem. This is mostly represented by gaudy energy attacks that were apparently asleep on the day the laws of physics were explained to the rest of the universe or plot device-level contrivances that exist mainly to enforce the status quo.

Fortunately/unfortunately, said teammates/harem just so happen to be the most unreasonable buff angels/artificial lifeforms/relic supersolders around.
Thread posts: 544
Thread images: 60

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.