[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You know why he died? He didn't wear a fucking helmet.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 7

File: t2-skull_141186c.jpg (19KB, 620x413px) Image search: [Google]
t2-skull_141186c.jpg
19KB, 620x413px
You know why he died?

He didn't wear a fucking helmet. Helmets save lives guys don't let your warrior fight without one.
>>
>>49967619
Most helmets wouldn't have stopped that wound. Closed helmets aren't the norm.
>>
>>49967688
Look at the right top side of his head. A helmet would help.

Now with THIS wound he would be fucked either way
>>
>>49967619
It looks like it impacted the front of his face. It might have only gone partially into his head.

Not shown: the broken ribs and smashed spine.
>>
Helmets are more of an environmental protection thing. They'll stop glancing blows, debris, keep you from getting a concussion if you trip and fall, etc.

Getting hit in the fucking face - full force, no glancing - by any weapon inn't gonna stop shit.
>>
File: sallet.jpg (40KB, 321x340px) Image search: [Google]
sallet.jpg
40KB, 321x340px
>>49967619
agreed
>>
>>49967831
Of course it won't STOP it. What did you think that the force will be absorbed by the mystic AC barrier?
All it needs to do is take ENOUGH of the force that you don't die immediately and can live long enough to get to a medical center.

Reminds me of that old statistics chestnut: after being issued new helmets, the army noticed their head trauma numbers had gone up drastically. Not due to an inferior helmet, but because they had survived to become head trauma and not fatalities.
>>
>>49967619
This is good advice for Runequest games. Protect your head, torso, and abdomen. Your limbs too, but you are less likely to die a crippled arm than a broken neck.
>>
>>49967989
That's more referring to the age of guns and bullets, where damage tends to be - "cleaner". Not saying guns aren't deadly af, but they're not quite as messy as melee on average.

Axe to the face, with medieval medicine, you're not surviving. Sorry. You probably do not WANT to survive if you do.
>>
File: tumblr_mbsmqcgkWs1riohryo1_500.gif (976KB, 500x245px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mbsmqcgkWs1riohryo1_500.gif
976KB, 500x245px
>>49967619
Helmets can help mitigate melee weapon damage.

What about ranged weapons/firearms?
>>
>>49968415
depends on angle of impact,
it can turn grazing wound into harmless ricochet
it can turn killing hit into a concussion
and if nothing else it will keep your comrades from getting sprayed by parts of your mashed brain
>>
File: 1461127025921.jpg (65KB, 625x593px) Image search: [Google]
1461127025921.jpg
65KB, 625x593px
>>49967619
Helmets can keep your skull nice and preserved when you die. Your skeleton will thank you later.
>>
>>49968107
People survived serious injuries all the time. Many of them later died of infection, but still. Nothing in your face is particularly vital to sustaining life, as long as you can still get air in your lungs. Unless they go above into cranium or below into throat, you can survive a lot of damage to your kisser.
>>
File: image.jpg (219KB, 971x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
219KB, 971x720px
I'm debating on wearing a helmet all the time IRL....

Seriously though there are places in the US where you are not required by law to wear a helmet on your motorcycle. To me as an avid rider I say there should be *********No fucking helmet laws***** because why? I don't need a fucking law to tell me to protect myself (much like seatbelt laws). Let God sort out those who don't. How stupid are people nowadays?

As a side note I wear a modular helmet, the reason why is I like to spit, get fresh air, and sometime wink at girls, but if you look at pic related they provide 0 (zero) chin protection. I am fully aware of this, but I also own a proper full face Arai. Something to make a note of if you ever want to be a modern day knight on you steel horse.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Rj1GCdsfOSw
>>
>>49972433
>lel let God sort out those who don't.
More like, let the Emergency Rooms waste time treating dumb motherfuckers for not wearing their fucking helmets, in case they survive with most of their jaw left or whatever.

Oh, and don't forget who's footing that ER bill when the dipshit dies, fellow taxpayer :^)
>>
File: Helms-Deep-Painting1[1].jpg (123KB, 1160x500px) Image search: [Google]
Helms-Deep-Painting1[1].jpg
123KB, 1160x500px
>>49967619
>Helmets save lives guys don't let your warrior fight without one.
But warriors are PCs, they're the heroes of the story. If you've ever watched any fantasy or most medieval-era movies, you realize that the guys who wear helmets are actually most likely to die. Those without helmets either survive or die glorious and dramatic (often slo-mo) deaths. If you want to survive a battle with borderline impossible odds, my advice would be to stay as close to the guys without helmets as possible. Oh, and if one of them falls down, don't forget to use your shield to protect them. Preferably while conveniently losing your helmet and introducing yourself.
>>
>>49972563
By that logic wouldn't the same people saying that also be thinking they should kick out all the fucking illegals, or should have done so long ago? The total amount of money wasted on them in the ER and general hospitals is way higher than the occasional crash victim.
>>
>>49972697
And illegal immigrants are comparable to people who needlessly risk their lives doing dumb shit because...?
>>>/pol/
>>
>>49972709
Because they're probably a net drain in general, but definitely are a net drain on our medical systems in America. They go in, they get medical treatment, and they leave, most of the time without being documented properly within said medical treatment. Even if they wanted to pay, they couldn't afford it, and even if the medical industry wanted to force them to pay, they also couldn't.

If we're saying that helmet laws should both be kept, and enforced, because of the drain on the health care industry, then we should also say that our border laws should be kept and enforced because of the same type of drain, only much more heavy, on our health care industry.

So yeah, they're pretty comparable if the unit of measurement here is "it's costing us more money, baka >:c"
>>
>>49972563

I won't argue your point, but just because I wear a seatbelt or a helmet won't ensure my life in a crash

The individual may also have his own private insurance

The individual is free to make his own decisions

The individual may have been a victim of someone else's carelessness

Again I stand by original statement "I don't need a law to force me to protect myself" and I wish to add a second - "I cannot worry about that which I cannot control"

Please don't bully tone....
>>
>>49972960
Oh, one of those common sense analogies that have no studies or actual backing outside "this is how it is because I say so"?
>>
>>49973454
How is this about common sense?

Your side is "Helmet laws are good and necessary and should be upheld because the result of not is a lot of people eating up hospital budgets"

My side is "If that's what you're concerned about, why would you not also be concerned about the shit load of illegal immigrants who eat up hospital budgets even more."

"Subject A is bad because it eats up 5 percent of X", and I respond with "Subject B is also bad because it eats up a whopping 15 percent of X. Why would you care about one but not the other".

Pretty simple fampai.
>>
>>49973762
>>49973454
>>49973414
>>49972960
>>49972709
>>49972697
this is a /tg/ thread
adhere to the thread's topic or fuck off to /pol/
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.