[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Magical healing causes the person to age according to how

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 6

File: image.png (999KB, 950x1029px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
999KB, 950x1029px
>Magical healing causes the person to age according to how long it would naturally take to recover
How does this change your setting?
>>
>>49958187
Adventurers die old.
>>
Potion of Rejuvenation gets in higher demand.
>>
>>49958187
It doesn't, magic doesn't exist.
>>
File: its rape time kiddo.jpg (43KB, 673x607px) Image search: [Google]
its rape time kiddo.jpg
43KB, 673x607px
>>49958187
In the criminal underworld, children are sold into slavery more frequently and they are tortured to adulthood.
>>
>>49958187
Given that campains typically only occur across a handful of months or years, it wouldn't change much.
>>
>>49958753
Creative. Hell if magic is commonplace, you can use this on cattle too.
>>
>>49958187
What happens if it's an injury you'd never recover from without magic?
>>
>>49958187
Magical healings already pretty rare, but I suppose the Emperor would be more in favour of the Physicians guild rather than the temple of Shallya
>>
>>49958187
I guess Mexico Zonemind again decided to fuck up with biological lifeforms, but it still doesn't look that bad, given the average content
>>
File: drgrym.jpg (14KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
drgrym.jpg
14KB, 400x600px
Psychic healers become high in demand.
>>
>>49958187
All my player become 80 if not more. Their characters get pretty old, too.
>>
>criminals who break the law are given a de-aging potion that regresses their mind as well as punishment
>>
>>49958187
>Someone gets an artery cut
>You would normally bleed to death
>Heal magic instantly kills you

>take minor skin wound
>It has a chance of normally turning septic if left alone
>healing magic kills you

Well that changes a lot.
>>
>>49958898
That's no fun. But someone getting stabbed and then aging a year from being healed would be weird.
>>
You could get an army by torturing young kids old enough to even understand fighting and then healing them to fighting age
>>
>>49958753
>>49959510
so everyone becomes Wolfwood?
>>
>>49958715
Still magic dumb-dumb
>>
>>49958187
Well the sudden inclusion of magic does change quite a lot of things since we previously only had regular tech.
>>
>>49959572
OP says healing.
>>
>>49958187

>TFW playing an elf.
Go nuts, heal all the scratches
>>
>>49958187
Why would magical healing do that? Is it something to do with the price of healing someone magically, or is it almost like a magic radiation effect?
>>
>>49959592
Could see the argument that reversing your age is a type of healing
>>
>>49958853
???
>a possible DnD group run by and for elderly
what a novel concept
>>
>>49958187
What happens if I cast Heal on an undead creature?
Healing magic deals damage to undead creatures. Would that cause the creature's age to regress?
What happens if an undead's age regresses to the time before it died?
>>
>>49959622
So reducing your age with magic would lower the threshold that you would have died at. For example, if your race naturally dies around 70-90 yrs, and you use magic to lower your age from 50 to 30, a differance of 20 yrs, your new expected life span now becomes 50-70 yrs.
>>
>>49959647
>Healing magic deals damage to undead creatures. Would that cause the creature's age to regress?
No. It accelerates the decomposing process.
>What happens if an undead's age regresses to the time before it died?
It would actually age exponentially until it disintegrates into dust.
>>
>>49958786
You develop mysterious magical glowing stretch marks.
>>
>>49958786
You age by a (large) set amount and heal with faded scarring or the formerly missing limb grown back much paler than normal. Coincidentally resurrection turns black people white and white people nearly transparent (bleached).
>>
>>49958898
>It has a chance of normally turning septic if left alone
But you *aren't* leaving it alone.
Are you expecting bone to come back wrong, too?
>>
>>49958786
You mean something fatal like a disease or venom/no-cure-poison?

Well that could be that you develop a weakness or alergy maybe, to magic healing. It scars you somehow, now when you heal with magic it ages you doubletime or maybe actual scars form on your flesh like >>49959804

>>49958898
I imagine it just considers how long it would have taken an artery to heal if it were able to do so without your bleeding out. Its the healing of the nerves that take a long time to heal so its possible that magic would be developed that comes with choices. Full heals with full age or partial heals with some aging but some side effects too.
I kinda like ops idea here, I might run with it
>>
>>49959572
Does the potion become older?
>>
>>49958898
>You would normally bleed to death
>Heal magic instantly kills you
Blood loss is a mechanical process, not a biological one.

Hell, have the spell target the long bones too. Produce more blood.
>>
>>49960215
Do you think people who break limbs go to the hospital just be sure?
>>
>>49958898
>Lose an arm.
>Age to death.
>>
>>49958753
>>49959510

As horrible as this is I like the concept. I can see this with a combination like GoT Unsullied.
>>
>>49960615
If you lose an arm you probably wouldn't get healing for it unless you were young.

This 'magic healing ages you' creates a whole culture around it. I can see old rich or powerful people paying for special linking magicks that heals or reverses age on them and causes the neg effects on a sacrifical victim. The older people run from war or drafts or seek to arrange a way to avoid dangerous situations that might cause them to to suffer a serious injury.
Any kind of youth potions or ceremonies would be super expensive and maybe only for the powerful.
As mentioned, a scientific medical method would be scorned by the magic community and any potential doctors or biologists looking for a better healing method would be villified, because they would lose profits. Magic healers would be highly valued. Maybe even have a religion offer its clerics some healing and develop a dangerous religious fanatical following or army. Make them a long lived race and you'll have a formidable civilization on your hands that might be very much against wizard healing as an abomination of the holy gift.
Escuse me I have some writting to do...
>>
>>49960615
Could be worse.
>Lose tooth
>Age to death
>>
File: damnit.png (60KB, 345x283px) Image search: [Google]
damnit.png
60KB, 345x283px
>>49958753
that was literally my first thought as well and I feel terrible about it
>>
>>49960858

My first thought is that if you could enchant something to heal someone, you could probably almost instantly kill someone by stabbing them with it and casting.

Hell a decent slash takes months to finish fully fade, enchant a whip or fencing sword and take a few years off someone in a few strokes, double lay effective because people tend to get weaker as they age.
>>
>>49960904
wouldn't that basically just be one of those attacks that turn people to dust, then?

those are neato
>>
>>49960220
I'm pretty sure he meant you get magically pregnant.>>49959804
>>
>>49960904

Awesome, now you'd have protective amulets and charms you'd buy warding off magical healing that you'd have to remove to have yourself healed.

Keep looking for more flaws.
>>
>>49960904
What you're looking for is burn marks or branding. Even small burn takes years to completely disappear.
>>
File: CouldNotParse.png (40KB, 346x358px) Image search: [Google]
CouldNotParse.png
40KB, 346x358px
>>49960603
>>
>somehow gain eternal youth
>can keep constantly healing yourself forever, making you effectively immortal
>>
Would "healing" a pregnant person speed up the pregnancy? Or would it give the kid fantasy downs/fetal alcohol shit.
>>
>>49961155

*NEW* Jaidens Grape Flavored Healing Potion!
Not recommended for the elderly or pregnant women. Do not use if alergic to magicberry blue#2. Side effects may include accelerated aging or sudden death. Do not drink if severely injured. Consult a practicing Magician if you develop radient scars or rashes.
>>
>Cast resurrect
>The person's body us in the sate it will be by the time the end of days comes around
>Mage guessed this a while ago, everyone just came back in skeleton form and no one worried about it
>In the last (I don't know anything about human body decay, so X) years the resurrected have become fresher
>>
>>49958187
Elves would dominate the warrior market.
>>
>>49958862
Go back to /d/.
>>
>>49960977
Cause the slightest nick to a ligament. Boom, two years.
>>
Trolls and other beings with regeneration are the only sources of healing energy that doesn't age you to dust. Rings of regeneration are much more common, going for 50,000 GP instead of 90,000 GP.
>>
File: akira.jpg (57KB, 600x324px) Image search: [Google]
akira.jpg
57KB, 600x324px
>>49964766
Trolls and most regenerating beings are immortal so they don't feel aging.

> Forcefully aging up kids
> Not ending up with dried up old manlets
>>
>>49958187
So if a freshly turned Vampire chugged their way through a keg of the stuff they could become an Elder Vampire in less than a single day?
>>
>>49965130
Doesn't healing magic harm vampires?
>>
>>49958187

Wow, Pyrrha's being kind of mean to her crush.

I think she just needs to take the point and chill out.
>>
>>49958187
What about healing injuries that normally couldn't be recovered from without the intervention of magic? Like restoring limbs or resurrection? Or someone stabbed close enough that the heart is pierced and they're bleeding internally? You won't normally recover from any of that so how does that fuck with the wacky aging process you've proposed?
>>
>>49964766
Wouldn't rings of regeneration count as healing magic and age you much faster because they're always active? Presumably troll physiology accounts for their abilities instead of magic, or if it is magic then otherwise negating the aging. Like how humans can't regrow limbs but certain lizards can.
>>
>>49967296
It's magic. Inconsistencies are standard and non-standard.
>>
>>49968199
Fair enough, though the "healing magic" proposed by op sounds like time magic. They're just artificially accelerating the healing process which makes time pass in a compressed way for the body while keeping it from passing for the conscious mind.
>>
>>49958187
Well I guess mobody uses healing magic and necromancers are put even more like fukken assholes.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.