[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>reading weapon stats for 40K RPGs >lists "clip"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: scream.jpg (38KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
scream.jpg
38KB, 1280x720px
>reading weapon stats for 40K RPGs
>lists "clip" instead of "magazine"
>>
>>49955351
Sometimes I wonder if I'm autistic because it bugs the shit out of me too and it's such a minor thing but holy shit it's annoying.
>>
k
>>
>>49955364
yes, it is autistic of us but it's also understandable to a degree because you have to look at it
EVERY
SINGLE
TIME
you open the book or look at your character sheet
>>
>>49955364
>>49955351
It's a British game.
The only time "clip" bugs me when it's being used to refer to a mag is when someone is trying to convince me that they're some kind of ultra-special weapons expert. When it's just casual use, or something designed by people who don't have much experience with real firearms, it's fine.
>>
Brits aren't very well-educated.
>>
>>49955351
magazine woudln't be correct either since clip is synonymous for "a reload worth of ammo" in those rpgs. So it can cover anything from a frag missile to a heavy stubber belts, including flasks of plasma.

Also, how about you use the fucking general instead of creating a new thread for such a trivial question.
>>
>>49955459
>>49955732
They're written by fantasy flight games, which is an American company
>>
>>49955351
>Even the Charge Pack and Plasma Flask are still magazines by technical standards
>Nope Plasma Gun is still Clip 20
>>
>>49956494
The rpg was originally written by BL.
>>
File: 1473911554378.jpg (207KB, 668x1062px) Image search: [Google]
1473911554378.jpg
207KB, 668x1062px
>>49956494
Original text is British for the first three games, I believe (Dark Heresy, Rogue Trader, Deathwatch). FFG just got the license to print them after Black Industries folded, and finished up work on RT and Deathwatch before moving on to Only War and Black Crusade. At which point, I can't see a reason beyond autism to switch from clips to mags even if it is more accurate in most cases.
>>
>>49956621
But anon you can feel the warp tainting you just by reading clip when it refers to a magazine, belt, or drum of ammunition
>>
The 40k rpgs really get my /k/ side riled.

A pistol does 1d+2 and a rifle only does 1d+3? 1 point of damage? Do Brits seriously not understand that even a light assault rifle has five or six times the muzzle energy of a medium caliber pistol?

The system's entire weapon damage / armor / character injury system is completely fucked.
>>
>>49959847
I mean, the main reason is game balance, but 40k pistols are pretty whack too. There's explicit references to how a laspistol can shoot through concrete (and retain the stopping power to penetrate armor/kill people etc).
>>
>>49959847
The range is the difference, though.
>>
>>49960408

The difference between being shot with a pistol and a rifle is enormous. The amount of material that is penetrated by a rifle is several times that of a pistol.

The system is deeply flawed.
>>
>>49960479
In fairness, in 40k the pistol and the rifle are both shooting gobs of plasma or armor piercing gyrojets or disintegration beams. Real calculations of muzzle energy probably don't factor in so much.
>>
>>49959847
The 40k rpgs aren't logically or mechanically sound. Not even consistent with the setting itself, which is pretty hard considering how lenient 40k is about that kind of shit.

Don't get bent out of shape over it. Once you start poking holes in it you'll never stop.
>>
>>49955385

>/k/

ftfy
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.