[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Setting: our world in 2016 >Situation: One person out

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: image.png (74KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
74KB, 800x800px
>Setting:
our world in 2016
>Situation:
One person out of every million suddenly gains superpowers. These range from having nearly infinite strength to being able to fly up to 100mph indefinitely.
>Additional information:
These superhumans are also unable to go out in sunlight or else they'd instantly burst into flames that ignore superhuman defenses and recovery powers.
>Question:
What happens?
>>
>>49954821
generic capeshit, with generic racism where people decide they're probably vampires.
>>
>>49954821
Alright, you're gonna have to define nearly infinite strength for us here. Specifically, because you're either infinite or you're not, and whether or not it's infinite really answers the question of whether or not the world is destroyed as soon as he loses his temper and kicks or throws something.
>>
>>49954821
Society collapses in a few weeks, same as every other scenario in which several hundred people are randomly given superpowers such as 'near infinite strength'. One of them punches the ground for shits and giggles and whoops there goes the eastern seaboard.
>>
>>49954821
read the Reckoners series by Brandon Sanderson
>>
>>49954821
>have infinite strenght.
>lose your temper
>punch earth
>earth is kill
>>
>About 50% die from initially being in sunlight at the time of power gaining.
>About another 10% die from not understanding those rules.
>of about 7,400 superhumans, about 3,000 survive the first week.
>If governments get scared and start hiring UV lamp hit squads to find and remove them that number will drop to about 1,000-2,000 within a year.
>If not then the governments of the world start looking in to hire and use these supers while supplying funny looking but fully covering costumes so they can function in daylight.
>M.A.D. Takes on a whole new meaning when any trench-coat and scarf wearing citizen might be a enemy country's spur with the power to nuke a city.
>Paranoia
>Paranoia
>Panick
>Some superhuman with an agenda sparks world war S
>Superhuman war kills billions.
>Humanity survives but all supers die except one guy who hit the power lottery and got some buckshot power which she/he uses to rule the world.
>>
>>49954821
So Vampire: The Masquerade?

Also since it happened so sudenly, most if not all the super humans die the first day.
>>
>>49954875
So strong that they can literally pick up everything that can be picked up.
So about 100,000,000,000,000 metric ton maximum lifting capacity.
>>
>>49955001
But do they have the durability to survive the blowback of even using a thousandth of that power in a punch?
>>
>>49955038
Probably not.
>>
>Gets the ability "The Gamer"
>No MP because magic doesn't exist
>>
>>49954821
>"poorly defined superpowers, wat do?"
You get a poorly defined plot situation with numerous plotholes, I guess.
Ask stupid questions - get stupid answers.
>>
>>49955001
>100,000,000,000,000
>Combined weight of all humans is roughly 350,000 assuming average weight is 50kg and there are 7 billion humans

I am pretty sure if he punched the ground really hard he'd blot out the sun from the dust.
>>
>>49955058
If I were that guy I'd do it anyway just to be remembered as the guy who got so angry that he punched Texas into a crater.
>>
>>49955096
Mate, that's 100 trillion tons. If he punched the ground really hard he'd do more than throw up a dust cloud.
>>
>>49955772
Cause a 4.4 earthquake?
>>
>>49954821
Either the world ends or we end up in capeshit. Let's hope it's the former.
>>
Probably %90 of the superhumans die before they realize "oh its SUNLIGHT that vaporizes people like me" and then they rule the world.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.