[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why don't more RPGs have cute animal people as core races?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: blackfox.png (4MB, 2507x3000px) Image search: [Google]
blackfox.png
4MB, 2507x3000px
Why don't more RPGs have cute animal people as core races?

Aren't they one of the most popular races?
>>
File: Bait-3D-Blu-ray-350x449.jpg (64KB, 350x449px) Image search: [Google]
Bait-3D-Blu-ray-350x449.jpg
64KB, 350x449px
>>49950279
>/b/
>/d/
>/h/
>/mlp/
>/trash/

I believe those are the fur-containment boards.
>>
Gr8 b8 m8, r8 8/8

You don't even deserve an original response for how lazy and low quality this bait is. Put some fucking effort in for god's sake man.
>>
Isn't there *always* at least one beast-race in any given JRPG?
>>
>>49950572
No
>>
File: 1468287781007.jpg (48KB, 496x550px)
1468287781007.jpg
48KB, 496x550px
>>49950279
In Dungeons: The Dragon in you can just reflux tieflings
>>
>>49950279

Because Tolkien didn't have them and most RPGs derive from that. There's a little in some D&D settings, but GURPS is the one you want if you really want to go all out.

Technomancer has a variety of cat-girls, bird-girls, snake-girls, etc (and cat- bird- and snake-boys, too, obviously). It's not a major feature of the setting, but it's there.

Transhuman Space has EVERYTHING because there's no end to the shit that people request for their bioroids and even as parahuman templates for their children.

Dungeon Fantasy has catgirls etc in its DF3 expansion-- which is very close to a core book. I don't know about the new boxed set.

They're easily added to anything GURPS, obviously, if you can provide an in-story justification for them.

Battletech and 40k and I think Star Wars has cure animal people available, but not as core races. THey're kind of an afterthought and I think they'd eliminate them entirely if they could. Which is sad.

Obviously you have Traveller where cat and dog people are core races with their own cultures and personalities. In Werewolf the Apocalypse you have various non-werewolf changing breeds which can shift into that kind of form.

So yeah it's out there. The real question is what you're aiming for. If you're into anime and just like cat (dog/fox/snake/etc) people then you have lots of options. If you're a furry, then the option is there but you might need to create your own setting (or play Transhuman Space). I'm not judging... furshit pissed me off when it was a way to troll the board, but I don't see how we're supposed to be tolerant of all kinds of weird shit EXCEPT that.

Anyway, so you have a meme OP, so I'm going to give you a meme reply that actually answers your question: GURPS.
>>
>>49950279
Because assburgers like >>49950460
make up too much of the market, and if you want good sales you have to avoid offending their sensibilities.
>>
>>49950460

Yes, I am a fox. So? I dont see any problem. I embraced my animal soul long ago and I am happy together with my boyfriend (who is a cute b/w wolf!). We have a fucking lot of friends in and outside of the fandom and I am pretty slim and good looking. But thanks anyway asshole. Go and watch your stupid anime shit while I have SEX with my boyfriend.
>>
>>49951369

I'm willing to hold out the olive branch to furries so long as they don't turn EVERYTHING into furry troll threads. It's been years and I'm ok with us trying to reboot. There's nothing intrinsic about fur in particular that's a problem, it just boiled down to trolling and behavior.

>>49951137

GURPS is probably your best bet if you want to make a yiffy game. ERP threads are mostly found on /soc/ rather than this board, so be aware of the whole blue board thing and getting too explicit.
>>
>>49952793
Biggest problems with yiffs are their persecution complex and unwillingness to become real zoophiles desu.
>>
File: CatfolkTavernWench.jpg (468KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
CatfolkTavernWench.jpg
468KB, 1000x1000px
>>49950279
Because kneejerk hatred of anything even remotely fluffy is spewed out by most places that would talk about RPGs, and the userbase would latch onto the furry stuff and parade it as evidence of why X is shit.
>>
>>49950279

Because their mostly related to fetishism in pop culture or weabboos for that matter. Unlike here the knee jerk furry reaction doesnt stop things like lizard folk, dragonborn, or argonians from being core races.

But a "cute" animal race of humans with animal parts slapped on immediately draws connections to monster girls and other japanese things most people go ew about.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.