[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How well would the Great Crusade era Imperium, that is, all Primarchs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

File: Emperor_Great_Crusade.jpg (376KB, 1090x717px) Image search: [Google]
Emperor_Great_Crusade.jpg
376KB, 1090x717px
How well would the Great Crusade era Imperium, that is, all Primarchs still loyal and the Emperor alive and well, do against a much earlier Tyranid invasion?

Would they be stronger enough to possibly even repulse or push back the invasion, rather than just fend it off?
>>
>>49950145
A single unified full sized Legion could probably handle it by itself and the Emperor would have the Hivemind's will shackled to his own by the end of the year.
>>
>>49950145
Look what 1000 Ultramarines did to Behemoth. Now imagine 350,000.
>>
>>49950145
It's a tough question, considering most people forget the lesser state of the Astra Militarum during that day (who have killed way, way more Tyranids than the Asrartes could ever do, but are at the same time feeding them far more.)

Without Necrontyr or particularly powerful Orkz to keep them at bay, though, I'm not sure the Legions could handle it. Few decades until they're phased out for more Automatons, is my guess.
>>
>>49950145
Couldn't Emps mind-rape the Hivemind?
>>
>>49950686
it would be very painful
>>
>>49950700
Emps is a big guy.
>>
>>49950686
Hivemind is more powerful than the Chaos Gods (hypothetically) who are more powerful than the 30k Chaos Gods who were more powerful than the Emperor individually.

He could fuck with it spectacularly, but Mortal Emperor gets his shit kicked when the Hivemind is forced to go full psychic sledgehammer, depending on the concentration of Tyranids.
>>
>>49950765
>Hivemind is more powerful than the Chaos Gods
doubt.jpg
>>
>>49950145
A Great Crusade fleet is the greatest realspace weapon seen since the end of the War in Heaven. The bugs would go the way of the Megarachnids, even if it took another Rangdan Xenocide to kill them off for good. As >>49950399 said, a single chapter broke behemoth. While some legions (world eaters, Dank angels) would do better than others (night lords, thousand sons), every legion was good at everything.
>>
>>49950896
>Dank angels
Was this on purpose?
>>
>>49950603
Would the tyranids attempt to make a primarch equivalent? Kind of like swarmlord, old one eye, etc.?
>>
>>49950765
>Hive mind is more powerful than the Chaos Gods
[Citation needed]
>(probably)
Oh. That's just what you think.
(What you think is wrong [probably])
>>
>>49950765
I doubt that the Hive Mind is that powerful, but let's just say they're in the same relative weight class.

If the Hive Mind is busy in a mental duel with the Emperor, then unless it's strong enough to handle Emps AND direct the entire swarm at the same time to current efficiency, wouldn't it give the Legions an advantage in the fight? And the Emperor isn't the only mega-psyker, Magnus is around as well for additional support, even Malcador could throw himself into the ring for a little while.

Or am I misunderstanding how the Hive Mind works? Does it have limits (even if they're extremely high limits) on how much it can do at one individual time? Does it need to focus its attention on one thing or another, depending on need?
>>
>>49950713
for everyone.
>>
File: 123.jpg (103KB, 569x802px) Image search: [Google]
123.jpg
103KB, 569x802px
>>49950765
>30k Chaos Gods who were more powerful than the Emperor individually.

it takes all 4 of the chaos gods to equal the Emperor
>>
>>49951774
why is that one guy dressed like a pirate?
>>
>>49952540
You don't think hes an Imperial Navy Captain dressed in his best clothes?

You really think pirates would be anywhere close to the God Emperor?
>>
>>49950808
>>49951604
>>49951653
I don't see why it's not more individually powerful than a single Chaos God in any point of time referece (unless one subscribes to the multiversal/multigalaxy Chaos theory, at which point the concept still stands, just not when compared to modern Chaos.)

Chaos is, at its core, a collection of the psychic-concious bleed from the galaxy's soul bearing races. One billion people of the same psychic sensitivity would give the Gods less power than two billion, for example. Now, considering all Tyranids are mildly teleptathic, and thus slightly more psychically sensitive than Humans, they have more pschic presence to devote to a collective. The way the Hivemind works, this collective is more efficient, and the Tyranid dedicates their entire consciousness instead of a fragment. If we were to presume that Chaos intook all psychic consciousness, then we'd have to compare it to the total psychic consciousness of all Tyranids, but they don't take in all emotions, don't take emotions from everyone and ARE THEN split into a quarter of that power. So, are the Tyranids as numerous as a quarter of the eligible species to feed Chaos? If so, then, hypothetically, the Hivemind in total has a greater psychic presence than an individual God.

We also know that the Chaos Gods were even weaker than they were now back during the GC, but were still more powerful than the Emperor. So, is a quarter of the galaxy's current psychic inhabitants that feed Chaos, with a massively weakened total, capable of achieving the psychic output of every Tyranid in existence, despite the Tyranids having a more efficient collective process?

>>49952520
Do you have any suggestion anywhere in fluff that the Emperor was anywhere near a galaxy-level entity?
>>
>>49950302
Correct me if I'm wrong, but as I understand, against Behemoth, didn't the Ultramarines call back all their successors and unite to take 'em down? I'm no expert on Space Marines or 'Nids, but that's what I though. And, even then, the Marines had the advantage of home turf, being dug in and having guys who knew what Synapse creatures looked like and how to kill them.
>>
>>49952520
The way I thought it was was that held true outside the Warp. In the Warp, the Bug E could probably defeat any of the Chaos Gods alone by himself, but would be screwed against more than one of them. In the Materium, since the gods' reach is weaker there and stuff, it took all of them working to match him, especially since he now had the home turf advantage.
>>
>>49952575
idk m8, he clearly looks like a pirate to me
>>
>>49952637
>Do you have any suggestion anywhere in fluff that the Emperor was anywhere near a galaxy-level entity?

Idk, maybe how he was able to power the astronomican, which is based on Earth despite fighting and leading at the forefront of the great crusade and keeping all 4 chaos gods at bay?
>>
> 49952637
Oh, so you're a tyranid fanboy, who's pulling everything out of his ass. Got it.
>>
>>49952767
>Keeping all 4 Chaos Gods at bay

When? When he was assisted by the Golden Throne, all the Psykers being fed to him, the collective faith from humanity and the consummation of thousands of psychically active souls every day just to barely keep the guys (who were already being weakened by the veil) out, and not even doing that perfectly?

>maybe how he was able to power the astronomican, which is based on Earth

Is this counting or discounting the entire order of thousands of Psykers that also assist in powering the Astronomicon?
>>
>>49952814
>Pulling everything out of his ass

Name one thing that can quantifiably be disagreed with or rendered otherwise unlikely. The whole 'Chaos and Hive Mind made by psychic collectives' is pretty basic lore, Anon, the rest is low-end assumption of numbers.
>>
>>49952743
Well he's a prim and proper pirate for sure. And to he next to the Emperor implies he's "good" to not be instantly smited.

Perhaps he raids Dark Eldar ships or fights Ork pirates across space?
>>
File: 012.png (65KB, 195x200px)
012.png
65KB, 195x200px
>>49952875
I'm was talking about in 30k you jackass, of course he's weaker physically in 40k and needs those psykers to stay alive
>>
>>49952993
Except he doesn't keep the Chaos Gods out in 30k, though, they're just way weaker.

Meanwhile the Astronomicon is still powered by thousands of Psykers, even during M30.

>of course he's weaker physically in 40k and needs those psykers to stay alive
>Physically
>Eating Psyker souls sustains his physical form
>>
Is it just me, or is TG full of neckbeards who's asses collectively pucker at the mere mention of another opinion? Also Newfag here. Crossed over from /K/
>>
This chaos/nid fag ruined this thread
>>
>>49953189
>Giving an answer and defending it is ruining a thread

I don't know, Anon, it's not like I'm posting insults or ad hominem for having a different opinion, nor was I being aggressive.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.